Old 10-22-2009, 08:18 PM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Scorpio2
Stats: 170/167/150
WOE: Healthy Low Carbs
Start Date: restart 9/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neecy08 View Post
You're my new inspiration, Cheri!!! I've been "sorta" doing LC for the last year, but I'd repeatedly fall off the wagon, and then use the justification "well one more bad meal won't hurt me - TOMORROW I'll go back on induction" and do the same thing day after day. I've bookmarked this thread, and every time I start feeling like I want to cheat I'm going to re-read it - because its proof that if I stick to it, I CAN get this weight off and be healthy! Bless you!

Wow! This is me! I too have been "sorta" doing LC for a while. Fell off of the wagon and slipped into a hole. I trying to get back at it. I say the same thing....1 more carb filled meal & I'm done. I'm glad I came across Cheri's story. I would like to see an update from her.
Scorpio2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2009, 10:41 PM   #182
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SGT. E. G. ROCK
WOW...
WHAT AN AMAZING DIFFERENCE 90 LBS CAN MAKE...
YOU LOOK FANTASTIC...
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK...
YOUR ADVANCEMENTS WILL MAKE IT WORTH IT ALL..
SGT. E. G. ROCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:25 PM   #183
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Hi everyone.. Thank you for all of the nice comments... Here is my update...

140 pounds gone and nearly at goal.. I am trying to get my insurance company to cover a tummytuck for me. I have a hernia anyway that needs to be fixed and my doctor has said the hernia might reoccur if the extra skin doesn't get removed. I will take some new pictures soon also... It feels really great to have so much weight off of me.. I can do so many more things now.. You don't really realize what you have lost when getting so heavy.. I could hardly go upstairs without panting for several minutes afterwards.. it was hard to get up off the floor.. I couldn't squat down to get stuff from the bottom shelf at the store.. My knees were killing me.. my back hurt.. and all of those things have been corrected except I have osteoarthritis in my knees from carrying around so much weight.. I feel like a new person.. I have a different relationship with food... Instead of waking up thinking about what yummy stuff I was going to have for breakfast, lunch and dinner, I have to remind myself to eat.. I would like to take a little bit more off.. I lost from my head down and have some hips and butt left to tone up.. but no matter what happens now I am so happy with how I have been looking and feeling that I don't ever want to go the other way again. It feels to good to be where I am at!

I promise to get some new pictures in the next few days and add them to the thread.

I used to live to eat... now I eat to live!
Don't be a victim of Dieters remorse.. Don't cheat.. stay on plan!
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 05:25 PM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eagle eye
WOE: Low Carb
You are so inspiring Please keep posting
eagle eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:26 PM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhLucy
Stats: 320/299/165
WOE: WW Points
Start Date: Restart Aug. 6, 2010
This is totally inspiring to me! When I saw your before and after pictures, it was almost like looking in the mirror.....my elbows look like yours and my front and rear are puffy like yours. Honestly I didn't think I actually looked like that, and probably because I don't let pictures be taken of me.......and why? Because I don't want to see it. We moved into a house that has a bank of closets parallel to our bed. On those closet doors are full length mirrors. I am so sick of waking up in the morning thinking I'm looking at the Michelin Tire Guy..... I know I can do this if I just stick to plan. I did it before but it was about five years ago and I lost 50 pounds pretty darn easy, but then rice and beans called and I answered. I'm so embarrassed.:blush: I just ordered a scale today, so when I get it, I can accurately tell where I am. I'm only guessing at the moment. Thanks Cherie for being an inspiration......I'm really going to need one.

Lucy
OhLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 06:27 PM   #186
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: txgrinny
I am trying , trying..

HI
I am just now getting the courage to start this journey again. I did it years ago, but have not been at my correct weight in years. Just slowly , slowly gaining. The pounds seems to just come on, no matter what I eat. My doctor, is really nice, but, he doesn't believe in giving any pills that are not absolutely essential to your life.
At this time, I am only on meds. for low Thyroid and high cholesterol. Hopefully I will be able to get off these soon.
I have ordered the book, as I could not find it in my small town. I will read it, and really work at this. I do hope I can also post some pictures later. That would really be something for me to do, as for now, I don't weigh even at the DR. office..lol
I am 71 so it may not be really easy, but worth it if I can do this. Be back from time to time to tell how I am doing.
txgrinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:15 AM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Well where did everyone go? Is that it?
Old 01-03-2010, 12:16 AM   #188
Administrator

Hi Lucy... I am still here!!

A little update.. Today I weighed and have lost about 5 pounds.. I now weigh what I did 25 years ago. So, I am still at my lowest weight.. I finally got my hernia/tummytuck surgery approved though its been heck trying to get is all scheduled. They are suppose to call me next week to let me know they have the approval letters in order and when they can get me in. They have to fix a hernia anyway so I am lucky enough to get my insurance to cover my tummytuck but I have a lot of extra skin there since I lost so much weight (about 150) ... it was a lot on my 4' 11" frame so you can imagine that I have a lot of extra skin.

I will be sure to post some before/afters.. hopefully it will be in the next month or so.

I hope everyone else is doing great. If anyone has any questions or need any help feel free to let me know.. I love to help!!

cheri
Old 01-03-2010, 12:27 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Yayyyyy.....I want inspiration. I've got so much to lose and the thought of having surgery at some future point really scares the crap out of me. I'm not big into pain. I'm praying that it will all just shrink along with me....I'm only 5'2" and 150 off of me will probably put me in the same spot as you, but I"m hoping not......although I dropped 5 pounds in the last week and noticed that the front of my thighs look a bit puckery. I so hope that THAT is not the vision I am going to look forward to.

If I would have known how difficult this would be to lose, and how NOT fat I was 25 years ago, I would have conducted myself so much better. I don't even know why people made me feel like I was SO fat all those years ago. At 150 I wore midriff tops and jeans and looked good. WTH happened?

*sigh* I hope I get back there before I get really old.

Luce
Old 01-15-2010, 02:59 PM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: droppin
Stats: 258.4/223/150-new start 12/29/2011
WOE: My Own Low Carb
Start Date: 12/29/2011
you look wonderfull. I love the before and after pics. You rock
droppin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:04 AM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MimiMarshall
Stats: 303/260.8/145
WOE: Modified Atkins
Start Date: March 1, 2010
WOW Cherie!! THANKS from a newbie.... I have lost 15 lbs in 7 days. I know the loss rate will slow and dont look forward to it. However reading stories like yours are an inspiration. I would like to be around for my kids, they are all older, and there are 5 of them, ages 14 through 26. It is a tough world out there and I worry for all the youth of today. Sometimes I think they will never be truly on their own. WELL enough about them, this is for ME!!!!!! THANKS CHERIE!
MimiMarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 07:02 AM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: dollkey
Stats: restart 06-11/150.2/150.2/108 ht 4'11"
WOE: Dukan Attack Phase
Start Date: 06/13/11
Cheri, your story touched me in so many levels. Thank you so much for having the courage to tell us about your demons and how you overcame them. You are such an inspiration!

Jbiggars63, OMG! You look so good! Congratulations!
dollkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:21 PM   #193
Queen of the Planet of Redheads

Gallery: LunaAshling
Did you get your surgery done or post update pics somewhere that I missed?

LunaAshling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:44 PM   #194
Administrator

Hi hun..

I had surgery April 6th.. I haven't posted new pictures yet because I had a rare complication where my incision opened back up. Ever since I have been packing it with gauze. I am about 3/4 healed so hopefully I can post new pictures by the end of this month. I will definately do it.. I can tell a big difference already even though I am still a little bit swollen.

Take care!

cheri
Old 08-08-2010, 06:44 AM   #195
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmiko01
Stats: 209/197/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/7/10
Cheri ~

I hope that you get well soon.

It has been years since I have been here, some things have changed.I rejoined yesterday after hitting rock bottom. Your post was one of the first that I read, and I wanted to let you know how much of an inspiration you are to me.

Kimberly
Kimmiko01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:14 AM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jilli13
WOE: ATKINS
Start Date: 29/07/2010
Hi Cheri,

thank you for posting this, I am new to Lowcarbfriends, and your story has me sitting her in tears, because i so understand what you said about the being unhappy, and hermittingyourself, because thats exactly where i am, even to the point of wanting to end it all..

You have given me soo much hope and i am just so grateful, for this post .

Would you think me strange if i said I'm Proud of you, i hope not because its sincere... i just pray that i'm as strong as you are and can persevere....

WELL DONE HUGS XXX
133.6kg(300.6lb)/117kg(263.25lb)/80kg(180lb)
Goal 2 118.6kg(266.85 lb)met 29/1/2011
Goal 3 113.6kg(255.6lb)
jilli13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:37 PM   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheri View Post
Hi hun..

I had surgery April 6th.. I haven't posted new pictures yet because I had a rare complication where my incision opened back up. Ever since I have been packing it with gauze. I am about 3/4 healed so hopefully I can post new pictures by the end of this month. I will definately do it.. I can tell a big difference already even though I am still a little bit swollen.

Take care!

cheri

I am sorry to hear of the complication! {{{{{{hugs}}}}} I hope in the end it will be just a brief flicker in time and it comes out AWESOME!!!

Old 08-16-2010, 09:25 PM   #198
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmiko01 View Post
Cheri ~

I hope that you get well soon.

It has been years since I have been here, some things have changed.I rejoined yesterday after hitting rock bottom. Your post was one of the first that I read, and I wanted to let you know how much of an inspiration you are to me.

Kimberly
Thank you hun... I know what you mean about hitting rock bottom.. That is when you pick yourself back up again and reach for your goals.. LCF is here to help ya.. I know its been so very helpful to me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilli13 View Post
Hi Cheri,

thank you for posting this, I am new to Lowcarbfriends, and your story has me sitting her in tears, because i so understand what you said about the being unhappy, and hermittingyourself, because thats exactly where i am, even to the point of wanting to end it all..

You have given me soo much hope and i am just so grateful, for this post .

Would you think me strange if i said I'm Proud of you, i hope not because its sincere... i just pray that i'm as strong as you are and can persevere....

WELL DONE HUGS XXX
Awww jilli.. You DO have hope!! We all do! Thank you for feeling proud of me.. its not strange.. I know a ton of people here on LCF that I have never met face to face that I am very very proud of.. You be strong.. You can do it!! Make sure you pre plan your food.. have plenty of foods you can eat around so you are not tempted to cheat.. Most people do that when they are in a position of not knowing what to eat and are hungry and ready to eat but don't have anything there that they can have.. If you ever need any help hun feel free to contact me.. I love to help out and will be there for you!!

cheri
Old 08-17-2010, 05:30 AM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jilli13
WOE: ATKINS
Start Date: 29/07/2010
Thank you Cheri, what you said means alot to me xx
jilli13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:31 AM   #200
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sjwnana
WOE: Living Low Carb
Cheri
You have done fantastic.. super Great..
I just read this and I am soo happy and proud for you

sending hugs from N. GA
sjwnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:31 AM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ramblinrose
Stats: 229/199/130
Start Date: Sept. 2010
Cheri, I can't tell you how much posting your pictures and story mean to me!! I was like reading a story about myself!! I also have fought the depression that you have described. You are such and inspiration to so many! I really needed to read this. Congrats on your phenomonal weight loss and I know you will reach goal!
Lynn
229/201/130
Ramblinrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:00 AM   #202
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Cheri:
All I can say is WOW!!!!!!

You look super, and I cant wait to see the final after pic. I did Atkins before and lost 70 pounds, and every year start again and fail and gain more and more. I am now in this for life, and for a wedding I will not schedule until my BF can carry me!!!!!!

There are so many great stories on here this board is a real life saver!

Amber
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 04:13 PM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/183.2/152
WOE: In Limbo
Start Date: Each day is a new day to start fresh.
Cheri, you really are an inspiration. I've been a member here for a long time but have never read your whole story. Congratulations and thank you for taking the time to share and offer your support! Are you all healed up by now? I sure hope so.

I started back down the slippery carb slope almost a year ago and am about to start induction again. When will I learn?

DG
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:44 PM   #204
Administrator

Hi everyone..Thank you for all the nice posts!!! I will be adding a new picture this weekend.. I went to a company Christmas party and I loved the dress I wore.. It was really pretty so I want to take a few pictures to show my progress... I still would like to take a few more pounds off of my hips..

DG.. I am almost healed up.. It has taken so long.. I have about a postage stamp size incision opening left to close up.. There is some inside tissue that is sticking out right now and my doctor told me if it hasn't made any further progress by the first of the year to come in so she can take a looksee. Thank you so much for asking!!

Keep fighting the good fight hun.. you will do it!!

to everyone!

cheri
Old 12-25-2010, 08:41 AM   #205
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/183.2/152
WOE: In Limbo
Start Date: Each day is a new day to start fresh.
I can't wait to see the pics of you in your party dress! Doesn't it feel great to wear a dress you feel FABULOUS in?
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:57 PM   #206
Speaks with Her Hips!

Gallery: Kayt
Stats: Workin' on it!
WOE: Moderation and Moving!
Start Date: Every Day
Bumping this for those of you who may be thinking about quitting on yourself.

You Are Worth Every Single Day it Takes to get there!!!!!
Kayt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:59 PM   #207

Has it finally healed up yet?
Old 01-27-2011, 11:31 PM   #208
Administrator

Awww thanks for bumping this!! Very sweet of you to do that.. Luna.. my incision finally closed!! It offically closed a little over a week ago.. My tummy is not flat though.. I am a bit disappointed but hey.. at least the roll that was hanging in my jeans is gone.. I was at one of my doctors yesterday and he took a look at it and said that she will probably have to do a revision on my incision.. which happens now and then.. but he assured me my doctor is a good one but this happens now and then.. I did put a new before after photo on the first post on this thread.. but it is just with the photo in my avatar.. I am going to take a new picture.. I promise it will be done this weekend.. I still have to take the photo of my Christmas dress.. So I am going to take a few other photos as well... in my skinny jeans and a few tops that really show my flatter tummy.. I might take a photo of what my tummytuck looks but want to wait a few more weeks because my doctor said after it closed it should start to flatten but it would take a little while.. even though I will have to get it corrected sooner or later.. at least it is better.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:01 AM   #209

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheri View Post
Awww thanks for bumping this!! Very sweet of you to do that.. Luna.. my incision finally closed!! It offically closed a little over a week ago.. My tummy is not flat though.. I am a bit disappointed but hey.. at least the roll that was hanging in my jeans is gone.. I was at one of my doctors yesterday and he took a look at it and said that she will probably have to do a revision on my incision.. which happens now and then.. but he assured me my doctor is a good one but this happens now and then.. I did put a new before after photo on the first post on this thread.. but it is just with the photo in my avatar.. I am going to take a new picture.. I promise it will be done this weekend.. I still have to take the photo of my Christmas dress.. So I am going to take a few other photos as well... in my skinny jeans and a few tops that really show my flatter tummy.. I might take a photo of what my tummytuck looks but want to wait a few more weeks because my doctor said after it closed it should start to flatten but it would take a little while.. even though I will have to get it corrected sooner or later.. at least it is better.

Are you going to go ahead with the revision?
Old 01-29-2011, 05:52 PM   #210
Administrator

I will probably get it corrected.. as long as it doesn't cost me too much.. I am sure it would cost something because she can't very well do it in her office. I am sure her fee will be free but I will have to pay for the clinic.. I am not sure how it works.. I guess I will find out... She won't have to do the big incision she did the first time.. its just the middle part (under my belly button).. Maybe 4 inches worth.

If anyone else had to have a revision maybe you can let me know if it cost you anything? How did it work?