LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2012, 09:06 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eterprincess
Stats: 210/210/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/7/13
been here before, now back, and have to be good

There is something about going to an allergist and explaining what has happened to you and that the celiac testing and biopsy came back negative and having him tell you you do have it, but the tests wont show because its likely a mutation in the t-cells and not the IgE, attacking my entire body not just the intestines and go gluten free now you shmuck (my words) or you are at risk of t-cell lymphoma....

scares you.

So i am back, asking for help and seeking assistance and guidance..

I'm scared, and GF is hard. especially when you need LC because of insulin resistance (me) and diabetes (DH)...

sigh.

so hi, what was your experience like switching over?
eterprincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2012, 07:44 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dipgal
Stats: 269.5/241.8/150
WOE: LC and IF (5:2 or 4:3)
Start Date: This time: 8/11/14
Trying not to think of it as hard (but it is!)

Hi Eterprincess and friends... After reading Wheat Belly, Blood Sugar Solution and countless internet articles about the problems with gluten, I was aware that I should do this. I went 30 days without it - I thought - but at that time I did not realize that there was so much hidden in restaurant foods and seemingly innocuous food like chicken broth! Being someone who lives to socialize (no, I am not young.. just like to have fun!) I am trying not to think of it as so hard... it's just inconvenient. It's easy at home if we plan, but not so easy out of the house.

The thing we have to do is talk to servers up front and get them on our "team".. When we go to someone's house we bring our own snacks, and tell them in advance we are doing so. I for one do not want to be a problem to anyone, but feel it is important to stand my ground for success. I just know that if I am unprepared I will cave in, especially at the beginning before I feel any health improvements.

As I mentioned before, I went 30 days thinking I was GF, but I wasn't. I felt no different physically, but I did lose a few pounds (I was doing a detox). I should mention I don't have celiac disease.. but I do have an autoimmune disease called Hashimoto's Thyroiditis along with a host of other maladies. Mostly aches and pains, acid reflux and some sinus issues. And, of course weight issues. I do NOT have immediate responses to gluten like those who get sick right after consuming it. So, my motivation has to be long term health improvement. Which is a bit of a problem, because I like immediate gratification!

Anyway, thanks for listening and I'd like to give and get all the support possible. Other people do it, so we can, too!! We are worth the inconvenience!
dipgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:12 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Suncharm
WOE: Gluten Free and Low Carb
welcome! I'm diabetic, hypothyroid and now have to give up gluten. Its hard but your health is really all you have in this world. With your husband being diabetic you can and should make this a team effort.

I found an app that list GF options near you. Its called Find Me Gluten Free. I used it and found a GF bakery near me and it lists restaurants with links to their pages and GF options at those restaurants.
Suncharm is offline   Reply With Quote