Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Celiac / Gluten-Free (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/celiac-gluten-free/)
-   -   What is your GF and LC snack food???? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/celiac-gluten-free/767232-what-your-gf-lc-snack-food.html)

alimar57 04-10-2012 08:04 PM

What is your GF and LC snack food????

I am having a problem getting off of gf snacks,:sad: I need your GF and LC ideas....
Thanks,
Ali

252dlp 04-11-2012 02:05 PM

I buy organic sliced turkey--take a slice spread with a tiny bit of mayo and mustard, add a romaine lettuce leaf and/or a slice of pickle. Like a tiny sandwich without the bread.

I also buy canned artichoke bottoms (not hearts) and eat those for snacks.

This weekend I bought some shaved coconut--that actually tastes pretty darn good, even unsweetened.

This coming weekend I may try to make kale crisps, not sure how that will work.

alimar57 04-11-2012 05:42 PM

Thanks Donna
I too want to try kale crisps, and I have done mini sandwich for lunch. I just made cream cheese muffins waiting for them to cool. I really need something to take to work for a snack...
Ali

252dlp 04-11-2012 05:52 PM

Yeah, I take those to work, and it's not horrible, but it's definitely more trouble than some of the quick things I used to eat. If I could only eat dairy, it would be so much simpler. :)

alimar57 04-12-2012 05:25 PM

Yea, I can't eat dairy that much (even with the pills) that why dh eats most of them... (some time I forget...but I keep trying,) and than I eat some and I remember...lol I bought cottage cheese yesterday and guess what ...it has gluten... oh well it was for dh anyway....
Ali

252dlp 04-13-2012 07:56 AM

See, now that's what bothers me...why on earth would they put gluen in cottage cheese?!

alimar57 04-13-2012 08:17 PM

Yea that what I though and said.... and they are changing some of the foods that I used to eat that was gf.... I have a problem today thou I must of ate something that had gluten in it..because I got sick and broke out .... (at work) the problem is I don't know what it was... I took my food with me from home. My hubby think I may have other problems....

LowCarbRachel 04-15-2012 06:10 PM

I eat fruit and nuts, which are easy and portable. I also like cottage cheese (although I would not buy it if it had gluten! That's awful!) and plain full-fat yogurt. I always add a little bit of honey to the yogurt...it's really good. Apples and peanut butter are a favorite of mine.

Hummus with raw vegetables is another good snack.

String cheese is another one that I like.

MauraV 04-16-2012 03:02 PM

Some nuts, cheese, salami, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt (we make our own greek yogurt), hummus, mozarella cheese, nori.

Needs to be LC and GF for me. But I usually have snacks in my purse and in my office at all times.

oceandiva 04-24-2012 08:49 PM

flaxseed crackers with various cheeses; sliced meat rolled with avocado spread; homemade ice cream from cream and soy milk flavored with sugar-free sauces; whey donut holes rolled in Truvia and Cinnamon.

Bamboozled 09-26-2012 12:15 PM

Lunch meat with cottage cheese is my go to snack.

Also tuna in the can with a tiny bit of salt or maybe mayo. Also salmon is delish like this too. Add some pickles if that's your thing.

Cashews, peanuts, pistachios. Just keep in moderation.

Hard boiled eggs OR devilled eggs if you have the time.

Celery with some cottage cheese or celery with hummus. Usually I eat carrots with hummus but since carrots are a no no, I try to choke down the celery. Although I will not be eliminating carrots forever. (I am not strict to any diet, just living low carb as I can)

Bamboozled 09-26-2012 12:16 PM

oh yes and BEEF JERKY! I will make my own beef or pork jerky in my dehydrator. SO good and so easy and wow, great snacks to bring when you're on the go.

alimar57 03-27-2013 07:47 PM

Need new ideas please.....

SweetMe678 03-30-2013 08:47 AM

Vegetables with various dips and spread (celery, peppers, cauliflower, cucumbers, zucchini (yes it's good raw too) Green Beans, snow peas etc)
cured and deli meats(check labels)
sf jello, sf pudding made with almond milk
meatballs ( i bake a huge batch at a time with 2 parts ground beef to 1 part ground pork and then freeze them in baggies in varying amounts, it's easy to defrost for 2 minutes, heat for two minutes in microwave)

Those are the ones in current rotation here that are gf and lf and lc :D

alimar57 03-31-2013 06:10 PM

What kind of sf jello and pudding do you get? All of the one I find has maltdextion(SP) or msg in it...

SweetMe678 04-01-2013 06:03 AM

The Jello ready to go cups do not contain maltodextrin. as for the pudding, it does have maltodextrin from corn, but doesn't seem to bother me, and DH just knows how much insulin he needs to eat it.

alimar57 04-03-2013 05:35 PM

Thanks I will have to look....

alimar57 04-09-2013 07:53 PM

Ok I found the gf jello...and I got sick and broke out....the same thing happen when I ate progesso gf soup....Does anyone eles have this problem or know why?

bettycooker 04-11-2013 05:08 AM

Just make your own. Use an envelope of Knox gelatin. Add fruit juice or water. Sweetener of your choice. Fruit if you want and I always add a little vanilla extract.

ninagrrl 06-23-2013 10:32 PM

For me it is cucumber slices with a low carb cream cheese spread mixed with avocado, some pepper and salt to taste. Yummy.

eterprincess 07-02-2013 05:31 AM

Cheese, sliced veggies, pork rinds

FairyWren 07-06-2013 10:12 AM

dates and cashew nuts for me :) handy and transportable...

SexySadie25 07-08-2013 09:50 AM

Mine are mostly just fruits and veggies. I also like mini bags of popcorn, but Im not LC, just gluten-free. I probably eat more junk than I should, but I have been eating healthier naturally because gluten is in so many unhealthy foods that I used to eat regularly.

I have been baking more often than I used to, and flourless brownies and cupcakes are amazing :)

This site is awesome GF Overflow - Gluten-Free Product Search . Anytime Im unsure if a food is gluten-free, I just type it into this site and I know :)

Mazella09 07-11-2013 03:44 PM

Fruits, nuts, carrot stix with low car vinegar/oil salad dressing. i really like carrots.
Fresh juices *mostly vegetable with some fruits juiced in.

Kefir smoothies.

alimar57 07-13-2013 05:23 PM

What is Kefir smoothies?