Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Celiac / Gluten-Free
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2012, 10:55 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: marys2012
High Deamidated Gliadin Abs, IgA???

I recently got a Celiac Disease Complete Panel. I cannot get a response from my doctor as to these results. One result came back as high. Could someone please tell me what it means? I will post all the results in case that is needed.
Celiac Disease Complete Panel:
Immunoglobulin A, Qn, Serum 218 mg/dL reference interval 70-400
Deamidated Gliadin Abs, IgA 76 High units (>30 is moderate to strong positive)
Deamidated Gliadin Abs, IgG 3 units 0-19 reference interval
t-Transglutaminase (tTG) IgA <2 U/mL 0-3 reference interval
t-Transglutaminase (tTG) IgG <2 U/mL 0-5 reference interval

I am wondering what the High Deamidated Gliadin Abs, IgA means? Don't know if it matters that I have been diagnosed already with fibromyalgia. Thank-you for any help.
marys2012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2012, 08:24 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brbangl3
Hi! I posted my similar results a while back and got some responses that may be helpful to you. Here's the link to my post: Lab results, but what does it mean?

I have been told by my endocrinologist to follow a 3-month gluten-free diet, after which they will rerun the same antibody test to see if the result has changed. I also have Hashimoto's and have had several other doctors review my Celiac Panel results and tell me that it's possible for antibody tests to cross over. In other words, the one antibody result from the Celiac panel could have been high due to my elevated thyroid antibodies, TPO and TSI—I have tested positive for both.
brbangl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:18 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: waywardsister
Celiac here Just wanted to mention that blood tests are notoriously inaccurate for a number of reasons (not everyone will have IgA in the bloodstream, some ppl don't produce an IgA reaction ven though they are reacting to gluten, etc)

Of course, you can also react to gluten without being celiac. Yep, very confusing stuff.

Best test is to just not eat the stuff for a few weeks, then add it back. See what happens, or doesn't.

You can also get fecal testing from Enterolab - controversial in some medical circles, as 'they' say it results in too many positives (whereas blood testing tends to result in too many false negatives).
waywardsister is offline   Reply With Quote