Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Celiac / Gluten-Free
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 05:56 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: graciejean
wow

I tried the cheese cake today,like I said before I could have put a hurting on it.I had to go outside before I ate the whole thing.Man was it out of this world good.I cant make it too often.Or maybe I will,lol
graciejean is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2011, 01:51 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mac24312
Stats: 250/130/140
WOE: Stella Style/My OWN LC WOL ;]/Maintenance
Start Date: October 07 2006 Over 6 years on Atkins ;]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Eloff View Post

GLUTEN-FREE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
These cookies are low-carb and gluten-free. In fact, they are equal in carbs to my favorite low-carb chocolate chip cookies which do contain gluten.

1 cup SPLENDA® Granular (250 mL)
1/2 cup erythritol (125 mL)
1 cup butter, softened (250 mL)
2 eggs
1 tsp molasses (5 mL)
1 cup Gluten-free Bake Mix (below) (250 mL)
1 1/2 cups almond flour* (375 mL)
1 tsp baking soda (5 mL)
1/4 tsp salt or less (1 mL)
2 cups sugarless chocolate chips (500 mL)
1 cup chopped walnuts, OR pecans(250 mL)

In food processor or in bowl with electric mixer, combine SPLENDA® Granular, erythritol, butter, eggs and molasses; process. In medium bowl, combine Gluten-free Bake Mix, almond flour, baking soda and salt. Stir into wet ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.

Drop by 2 rounded teaspoonfuls (20 mL) onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake 10 to 15 minutes in 375°F (190°C) oven or until light brown. Cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet. Using a firm, thin spatula, remove cookies and place on wire rack to cool completely. Refrigerate.

*I used sliced almonds, ground as finely as possible first in food processor with sharp blade and then in blender. Blend small quantities in blender for best results. If you have access to almond flour then use that rather.

Nutritional Analysis: 52 cookies, 1 cookie:
104.1 calories; 2.0 g protein; 8.5 g fat; 1.9 g carbs

GLUTEN-FREE LOW-CARB BAKE MIX

1 1/2 cups oat flour (certified gluten-free), OR soy flour (slightly lower carb)
1 cup ground almonds, OR almond flour
1/2 cup sifted coconut flour (available from Netrition)
1 tsp Xanthan gum (available from Netrition)

Yield: 3 cups, 12 servings of 1/4 cup each
100.7 calories; 4.2 g protein; 5.3 g fat; 7.0 g net carbs

One question:
I am sick with a UTI and I was thinking about making these for a snack tommorow. Do you use the regular Erythnol or the powdered in this
mac24312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:41 PM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Jennifer Eloff
WOE: Atkins/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 1999
Honeybuns, I'm so glad you liked it. It is very addictive. Yummy!

Christina, sorry I missed your question. You can use either granulated or powdered. Just make sure if you use granulated to mix well in your food processor with the wet ingredients.
Jennifer Eloff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:43 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: oceandiva
Stats: 294/212/180
WOE: Atkins-gluten free
Start Date: May 2008
Gluten Free Breakfast

Daikon Radish/Onion/Bacon Omelet
1 small daikon radish
1/2 cup onion
1/2 stick butter
2 large eggs
garlic and spices
a couple of slices of bacon
about a 1/2 cup of shredded cheese

cook bacon until crisp-set bacon grease aside and chop bacon to small bits
chop onion and radish into small cubes
chop garlic
make the eggs into a scramble mix with salt, pepper and spices to taste

-Put butter into oven-safe sauce pan and melt
-put in radish, onion, garlic and sauté until soft, add garlic and bacon and drizzle with bacon grease for flavor
-pour scramble egg mix over vegetables and cover with cheese
-after the eggs start to cook until consistency you like then move pan to under over broiler to finish with melting cheese

Makes 2 servings
it's about 10grams of carbs for whole dish
oceandiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:33 PM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

New Gluten-Free Crispy Pizza Crust

GLUTEN-FREE PIZZA CRUST
This is a thin, crispy crust – very good and a carb bargain! I made this recipe before with another bake mix (in this thread), plus it also had some butter in the recipe, but this recipe is way nicer (crispier crust!) and the calories are lower too. Bonus! Enjoy pizza again without any guilt.

2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (500 mL)
2/3 cup Gluten-Free Bake Mix, (recipe follows) (150 mL)
1 egg white, fork beaten (from large egg)

In medium bowl, combine Monterey Jack cheese, Gluten-free Bake Mix and egg white. Grease a smallish, nonstick pizza pan (the kind you would use for a dessert fruit pizza). Cover dough with plastic wrap and using a small rolling pin (I have one especially for rolling crusts in a pie dish) or small food can, roll dough out evenly. Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven 10 minutes.

Cover crust with pizza sauce (recipe follows) and toppings of choice such as cooked, savory ground beef, green onions, red, orange or yellow peppers, cooked, chopped bacon and another cup (250 mL) shredded cheese. Bake 10 minutes at 400°F (200°C). When the edges are browned and crispy, pizza crust is ready.

Helpful Hints: Don't try placing this crust on greased tin foil - it sticks! Two or three slices of this pizza and a nice salad is a very filling meal. I’m sure other cheeses such as Mozzarella and Cheddar would work as well.

Yield: 12 servings
1 serving (crust only)
104.1 calories
6.2 g protein
8.0 g fat
1.3 g carbs
Old 04-06-2011, 12:36 PM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

SPLENDID GLUTEN-FREE BAKE MIX
Excellent, tasty bake mix with less fiber and happily still quite low in carbs. The texture of muffins and loaves is moist with a soft crumb and compares very favorably to baking with all-purpose flour – often even tastier, in my opinion. PLEASE NOTE: This bake mix is very new, even for me, so it is still a work in progress as to how best to use it in the various recipes one could come across.

1 3/4 cups almond flour (425 mL)
2/3 cup certified gluten-free oat flour (150 ml)
2 tbsp sifted coconut flour (25 mL)
3/4 tsp xanthan gum (3 mL)

In large bowl, combine almond flour, oat flour, coconut flour and xanthan gum. In container with lid, place bake mix and shake the container well to combine. When measuring oat flour into measuring cup, make sure to tap the cup on the counter top and fill to the top to get the correct yield for the bake mix.

Helpful Hints: Substitute 1/4 cup (50 mL) additional bake mix when substituting for all purpose flour in recipes (irrespective of how much flour). This usually means the same amount of liquid/wet ingredients in the recipe will be required or 1/4 cup (50 mL) less depending on the recipe (usually if butter is the only wet ingredient). Always begin by withholding 1/4 cup (50 mL) liquid/wet ingredients and adding in as necessary. Process the batter almost a minute and it should thicken up and then decide. If you’ve used the exact amount of liquid/wet ingredients as the original recipe requires, and the batter is still too thick, then add an extra egg. If it is still too thick, add yet another egg. This is because the coconut flour often needs more eggs. Some baking experience will be helpful.

These bake mixes are great in muffins, loaves, cookies, coffeecakes, some cakes and a few other applications, but will not be suitable for all applications, nor for yeast applications. The baking will sink ever so slightly but keep a decent height. Even if one bakes solely with oat flour that will also be the case. It’s the price one pays for lovely, soft-crumb baked goodies which oat flour imparts. Because the Gluten-free bake mix is high in almond flour and naturally high in fat as a result, I would suggest when one sees a muffin or coffeecake recipe with only one egg, increase to 2 eggs and if there is butter (in particular) or oil (most times I've used the same amount of oil as called for without a greasy outcome), reduce substantially (usually by half but not quite if using almond flour which contains less fat than ground almond meal, which is what I use primarily) - for instance, if it's 1/4 cup butter, use 2 tbsp; if it's 1/3 cup, use 2 1/2 tbsp. Also, if it is a recipe that uses no eggs, you will need to add at least one egg. I will need to verify this.

The Coconut/Flax Gluten-Free Bake mixes (higher fiber mixes that I don’t tolerate very well) on my blog are also options you may experiment with.

Yield: 2 1/2 cups (625 mL)
1/4 cup (50 mL) per serving
127.2 calories
4.8 g protein
9.0 g fat
4.9 g carbs (19.6 g per cup)
Old 04-06-2011, 12:37 PM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

PIZZA SAUCE
This easy pizza sauce gives your pizza an authentic taste. This pizza sauce is thicker and not too watery – to help keep your pizza crust nice and crispy!

2, 5.5 oz cans tomato paste (156 mL)
2/3 cup water (150 mL)
1 tbsp SPLENDA® Granular (15 mL)
1 tsp oregano (5 mL)
1/2 tsp basil (2 mL)
1/4 tsp onion salt (1 mL)
1/4 tsp black pepper (1 mL)
1/8 tsp garlic powder (0.5 mL)
1/8 tsp salt (0.5 mL)

In medium bowl, whisk together tomato paste, water, SPLENDA® Granular, oregano, basil, onion salt, black pepper, garlic powder and salt.

Use 1/4 cup (50 mL) per pizza crust.

Helpful Hints: Freeze leftover sauce or only make half this recipe for 2 pizza crusts. This Pizza Sauce will keep about 2 weeks in the refrigerator.

Yield: 1 3/4 cups (425 mL)
1 tbsp (15 mL) per serving
8.6 calories
0.4 g protein
0.1 g fat
1.5 g carbs
Old 04-07-2011, 05:59 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
YUMMMY....Once again Jennifer, THANK YOU!!!!
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:59 PM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You're welcome, Tammy.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:01 PM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE/NOTE

Please note that the instructions for using the very new Splendid Gluten-Free Bake mix in baking recipes are in flux. You will find the newest updates on my blog as I continue to bake and experiment with it. Thanks.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:00 AM   #41
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JenniferO
Shopping in gluten free sections of grocery stores I have found vital wheat gluten alongside gluten free products. I hope it is clear that celiacs and people with gluten sensitivity should NOT eat vital wheat gluten!! Yes, it is high protein, but that is exactly why it's not good for people who need to avoid gluten. It's the gluten protein in wheat, barley and rye that gluten sensitive/celiac folks cannot tolerate.

This is what makes low carb/gluten free cooking such a challenge. Most of the low carb baked goods contain extra gluten. Celiacs can have serious health consequences if they eat gluten, and those would be much worse eating high gluten flours.

Most of us use flours that are not cereal grains, and thus gluten free -- almond and coconut are particularly good because they are also low carb. I'm happy to see that your recipe has these ingredients.

One theory of why there is such an increase in gluten sensitivity and celiac disease is because scientists have developed so many strains of wheat that are high in gluten. This makes the bread baked with it soft and high rising, but is deadly to people with allergy to it. It is estimated that one in three people have gluten sensitivity or full blown celiac disease (lots of info at celiac.com on this) but only about 5% have been diagnosed. A lot of mysterious health problems, including autoimmune disorders, have been found to be related to gluten sensitivity. (There was a major paper published on this in 2003.) Many of these illnesses are things which run in families, but for which the cause is unknown. When I read about this, it looked like a health history of my family -- osteoporosis, asthma, endometriosis, diabetes, etc. I was tested and also found out my brother had been diagnosed with it over ten years ago.

Last edited by JenniferO; 10-16-2011 at 09:04 AM..
JenniferO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:41 PM   #42
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: niadan1962
gluten free dumplings!

As a long time pierogi maker I was very sad when I developed gluten ataxia (where the gluten affects your brain not just your stomach). I just tried dough mix below and didn’t find it all that fragile (maybe it was the extra kneading). I just made my dough and filled it with rutabaga, feta and spinach. I boiled them –they didn’t fall apart! I fried them crisp and they were chewy and crispy like pierogi! except the tapicoa flour gives it that extra bit ot sweetness! Next I am going to play around with the flour and see if I can get it lower carb –yes I have diabetes too. sigh. What do think about using coconut flour?
niadan1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:36 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nikki
Stats: 185/131/120
WOE: Low-carb Vegetarian
Start Date: November 20, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Eloff View Post

GLUTEN-FREE PIZZA CRUST
Thank you! I have been using a cauliflower crust but I look forward to trying this one as well.
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:26 AM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cool, Nikki. I hope you like it.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:38 AM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Coconut flour is good for low-carbing baking, but you'll find bloggers mix it with other things like almond flour, because it is a very tricky "flour" to work with.

Thanks for that info, Jennifer. You're right - low-carb baking typically relies on a lot of gluten. We didn't know it but my DH has a serious intolerance of gluten. When he went off it, his blood pressure practically normalized. Gluten causes inflammation in someone sensitive and water retention - up to 6 lbs at a time. Of course, the blood vessels are like a closed system of pipes and that is why with all that extra water in the system, blood pressure goes up! My Hashimoto's Thyroiditis was not caused by gluten. To my knowledge, I am not particularly sensitive to gluten. My Hashi's is due to a mycoplasma infection. I am much better now that I am on treatment for that. I need to take such a tiny amount of thyroid hormone compared to the suppressive doses I was taking at one point. I would not be surprised if gluten can contribute to some autoimmune diseases, but in this case with my Hashi's (and in 70% of cases), it is from a mycoplasma infection (an absolutely insidious thing!).
Old 10-25-2011, 11:55 AM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Splendid Gluten-Free Bake Mix

SPLENDID GLUTEN-FREE BAKE MIX

Since my husband is merely intolerant of gluten, we use oat flour by Arrowhead Mills (contamination with gluten is apparently minimal). Bob’s Red Mill makes certified gluten-free oat flour. Netrition.com sells it. See my blog for updates on this recipe. This recipe is in the cookbook, Low-Carbing Among Friends.

1 2/3 cups almond flour, OR (400 mL)
(I use almond meal, i.e. ground sliced
almonds versus almond flour)
3/4 cup certified gluten-free oat flour (175 ml)
2 tbsp sifted coconut flour, (30 mL)
(Bob’s Red Mill®)
3/4 tsp xanthan gum (3 mL)

In large bowl, combine almond flour, OR almond meal, oat flour (if you are not able to have gluten-free oat flour then substitute another gluten-free flour), coconut flour and xanthan gum. In container with airtight lid, place bake mix and shake the container well to combine. When measuring oat flour (not necessary with the other ingredients) into measuring cup, make sure to tap the cup on the counter top and fill to the top to get the correct yield for the bake mix. Keep bake mix at room temperature for up to one month or freeze for much longer storage.

Instructions: Substitute 1/4 cup (60 mL) additional bake mix when substituting for 1 cup (250 mL) or more than 1 cup (250 mL) flour in recipes and use 2 tbsp (30 mL) more if substituting for less than 1 cup (250 mL). Always begin by adding an extra egg in muffins, cakes, coffeecakes and loaves (except for cookies most times as it can change the texture) and withholding about half the liquid/wet/fat ingredients and adding in as necessary. If the batter after processing at least a minute is still very thick, add more of the liquid ingredients and if accidentally the batter ends up too sloppy, then add a little more bake mix. If all the liquid has been used and the batter is still stiff, add another egg and another if necessary. Baking experience is helpful. Coconut flour needs eggs.

This bake mix is great in muffins, loaves, cookies, donuts, coffeecakes, many cakes, pie crusts and a few other specialized applications, but will not be suitable for all applications, nor for most yeast applications. Xanthan gum has gluten-like properties and it binds ingredients together preventing crumbly outcomes. Cookies: bake a couple and see how they turn out before adding another egg.

My Alternate Bake Mixes (not gluten-free): When substituting the Splendid Gluten-Free bake mix for some of my other bake mixes, 2 tbsp (30 mL) to 1/4 cup (60 mL) more bake mix may be required depending on if one is replacing less than 1 cup (250 mL) or 1 cup (250 mL) or more (last 2, latter amount). Follow the same rules above. It is convenient to double or triple this bake mix.

Yield: 2 1/2 cups (625 mL)
1/4 cup (60 mL) per serving
125.7 calories
4.5 g protein
8.9 g fat
5.7 g carbs

Last edited by Jennifer Eloff; 10-25-2011 at 11:59 AM..
Old 10-25-2011, 12:04 PM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sandwich Bread (gluten-free) - 2.2 g carbs/slice

SANDWICH BREAD

Great for sandwiches (nuke refrigerated slices 12 seconds), but even more wonderful toasted in a regular toaster or on the barbecue. It has the characteristics of an English muffin where it has a more absorbent surface (cut side) for butter and peanut butter, low-sugar jam or a little honey and cheese. You can even make grilled cheese sandwiches (butter cut sides facing outside). This recipe can be found in the cookbook, Low-Carbing Among Friends.

12 oz regular cream cheese, softened (375 g)
6 large eggs
1 tbsp olive oil (15 mL)
1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
2 cups Gluten-Free Bake Mix, (500 mL)
page___
1/2 cup almond meal, OR flour (125 mL)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder (7 mL)
3/4 tsp baking soda (3 mL)

Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line large cookie sheet with foil and grease well.

In food processor, process cream cheese. Add eggs, olive oil and vanilla extract; process. In medium bowl, combine Gluten-Free Bake Mix, page___, almond meal, OR almond flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add to cream cheese mixture; process until thickened. Add cheese; process.

Drop batter in huge blobs on the foil. Take a large piece of plastic wrap and press out the batter to fill the cookie sheet evenly. Keep picking the plastic up and moving it around as needed to squish the batter. Once the whole cookie sheet is covered, use the back of a large spoon to make sure it is as even as possible. (If you wear glasses for reading, I recommend wearing them.) Bake approximately 25 minutes, or until browning on top. Divide the bread into 5 (for the longer side) x 3 sections. The bread will be about the same size as a standard piece of bread. Slice each piece into 2 slices of the same size as the original piece (just thinner) with a large serrated bread knife.

Helpful Hints: For the barbecue, we butter the bread on the cut sides, place thinly sliced tomato, thinly sliced onion and cheese on one unbuttered side and top with the other half, buttered side to the outside. Place above or on the grill, depending on your barbecue towards the end of the time it takes to barbecue the meat. Close lid and check on them frequently. Use a flat, metal lifter to turn very carefully, supporting the top with your hand, to do other side. Sometimes I add some roasted chicken (and bacon done on the grill) and mayonnaise and that makes a meal on its own. Place the slices of bread in an airtight container in the refrigerator; lasts 2 weeks. Freeze for longer storage.

Yield: 30 slices
1 serving
129.7 calories
5.9 g protein
10.6 g fat
2.2 g carbs
Old 10-26-2011, 04:16 AM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Size of Cookie Sheet for Sandwich Bread Recipe ABOVE

The size of the cookie sheet for making the Sandwich bread above is 11 x 17 inches (28 x 43 cm). Cookie sheets come in all sizes apparently.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:38 AM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

About the Splendid Gluten-Free Bake Mix and the 2 similar recipe posts

The first recipe I posted is an earlier version of it. The second version is a more robust recipe and works better. The same holds true for two postings of a similar-looking recipe for pizza crust (the second one has no butter). Thanks!

Last edited by Jennifer Eloff; 10-27-2011 at 05:40 AM..
Old 10-29-2011, 08:23 AM   #50
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Thanks! These look good!
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:00 AM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Artisan Hamburger Buns (Improved Recipe)

ARTISAN HAMBURGER BUNS (IMPROVED)

Great for hamburgers, tuna burgers or anything you would normally put on a bun. This is a substantial bun and very bread-like. Slice into 3, if desired. Great toasted like that, i.e. the thinner slices. I particularly like these fresh, however refrigerate them and nuke them briefly to enjoy again. They freeze well. This is a fail-safe recipe - very easy if you have the muffin top pans! You can find the Splendid Gluten-Free Bake Mix on this screen 2 or page 2 of this thread (POST #46 - THIS POST IS THE NEW AND IMPROVED BAKE MIX - DIFFERENCE IN THE ALMOND FLOUR AND OAT FLOUR AMOUNTS.)

12 oz regular cream cheese, softened (375 g)
6 large eggs
1 tbsp olive oil (15 mL)
1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
2 1/2 cups Gluten-Free Bake Mix, (625 mL)
page___
1 1/2 tsp baking powder (7 mL)
3/4 tsp baking soda (3 mL)

Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease 2 nonstick muffin top pans (with 6 large forms each). In food processor with sharp blade or in large bowl with mixer, process cream cheese. Add eggs, olive oil and vanilla extract; process well on low speed. In medium bowl, combine Gluten-Free Bake Mix, page___, baking powder and baking soda. Add to cream cheese mixture and process until thickened. Add cheese and process until incorporated. Place 2 level ice cream scoopfuls in each form (use a spoon to scoop out the dough). Using a frosting knife, smooth the surfaces and shape the buns.

Bake buns in oven 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool and refrigerate; keep a few out as their texture changes in the refrigerator. Nuke refrigerated buns briefly or toast them to enjoy again.

Helpful Hints: If you do not have muffin top pans, line a large cookie sheet with foil and grease well. Drop the dough onto the foil.

Yield:
12 buns
1 bun
322.2 calories
14.6 g protein
26.0 g fat
6.3 g carbs
Old 11-19-2011, 05:20 AM   #52

Need to try that!

OK, looking for GF and/or LC (prefer and! ) recipes for Thanksgiving!
Old 12-04-2011, 04:27 PM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

CHUNKY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

These are excellent, substantial cookies! No one will guess they are gluten-free, sugar-free and low-carb. That’s the best part, I think! Keep them in the refrigerator or the freezer, depending on your preference.

2 eggs
Liquid sucralose to equal 1 cup (250 mL)
SPLENDA® Granular
1/2 cup granulated erythritol (125 mL)
3/4 cup butter, softened (175 mL)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract (2 mL)
1 1/2 cups almond flour (375 mL)
1 1/4 cups Gluten-Free Bake Mix, (300 mL)
page___
1 tsp baking soda (5 mL)
1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
2 cups sugarless chocolate chips (500 mL)
1 cup chopped walnuts (250 mL)

Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Spray large cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.

In food processor, process eggs, liquid sucralose, OR SPLENDA® Granular, erythritol, butter and vanilla extact. In large bowl, combine almond flour, Gluten-Free Bake Mix, page___, baking soda and salt. Add dry ingredients to egg mixture and process at least one minute. Stir in chocolate chips and chopped walnuts. Let cookie dough rest on the countertop 10 minutes (not mandatory).

Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of dough onto cookie sheet. Leave enough room between cookies as they will spread a bit. Bake 10 minutes. Allow to cool at least 5 minutes on cookie sheet. Transfer to a plate and place in refrigerator. Keep refrigerated or place in freezer in an airtight container.

Yield: 34 cookies
1 cookie
150.7 calories
3.2 g protein
12.3 g fat
1.9 g carbs
Old 12-04-2011, 04:33 PM   #54

Those look yummy! What gluten free bake mix do you use for them?
Old 12-08-2011, 06:22 PM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi there - I use the bake mix in post #46.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:54 AM   #56

Thanks! Will be trying it out!
Old 01-23-2012, 06:04 PM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Annabelle
Just realize my years of IBS agony appears to be a wheat intolerance. I'm just starting out with gluten free low carbing. I love your recipes and thank you for taking the time to share!!
Annabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:48 PM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you, Annabelle for your kind words. I'm sorry to hear about the IBS being so bad. It's amazing how much wheat has caused problems for people. I'm happy you have figured it out in the end.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:25 AM   #59

My DH has found that gluten/wheat is what had almost made him quit his job from IBS issues. He's a truck driver and you just can't run to the bathroom when you need to! Happy you too found that this was it! He is feeling so much better without the gluten in so many ways! (not just the IBS, though that was a big one!) Hoping you do too!
Old 01-29-2012, 08:02 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Annabelle
Thanks girls...doing well so far with only 2 episodes since last Sunday ...like a miracle. Just started wheat belly.
I keep looking at labels like crazy!but doing Atkins induction pretty much excludes wheat
Annabelle is offline   Reply With Quote