Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Candida and Yeast
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2014, 12:40 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: April 20, 2014
Candida spit test

Does anyone know how accurate this is? I started taking some OTC probiotics a few days ago because I've read it can help with weight loss and "regularity" in people who have a Candida issue. I've got several symptoms, so I figured I would try it. I read about the spit test last night and did it this morning when I woke up. Within a couple of minutes, my saliva was very stringy and the whole glass was cloudy. What I bought was from Walmart(not sure if brand can be mentioned) with 10 different strains. Do you think this is sufficient?
Live.Love.LowCarb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2014, 02:26 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Geesebaby
Stats: 314/271/150
WOE: Atkins induction, Gluten Free
Start Date: Jan. 9, 2014 Atkins
My naturopath uses the same test. I've read that it's not always accurate, but if you have symptoms as well, then I'd say that it increases the reliability. Can you get a blood or stool test to confirm? From what I understand you also need to eat a Candida diet as well. You can google that but basically it eliminates foods like apple cider vinegar, mushrooms, some cheeses, etc...The probiotics help too. I've used the refrigerated probiotics in the past and they seem to be more powerful and have more strains. They can't guarantee that the active cultures will still be active when they are on a room temp store shelf. Most will say they will only guarantee them being active at the time of manufacturing I believe. I was just on antibiotics for a terrible upper respiratory infection a few weeks ago. I started probiotics before I started the antibiotics to prevent a vaginal yeast infection. I used one off the shelf, Target brand. I still ended up with an infection. Plus I am having diarrhea after I eat anything. I know different pharmaceuticals companies make a candida detox pill. Not sure what ones though.
Geesebaby is offline   Reply With Quote