Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Candida and Yeast (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/candida-yeast/)
-   -   Need help regarding bad skin/candida die off/oil pulling... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/candida-yeast/795597-need-help-regarding-bad-skin-candida-die-off-oil-pulling.html)

Mimosa23 01-28-2013 07:09 AM

Need help regarding bad skin/candida die off/oil pulling...

A little background:

I've been a good girl and back on the wagon for over three weeks now. I am seeing great weightloss results, so no complaints there.

Overall, I feel really good. I also am not drinking alcohol at the moment (induction, I want it to work as best as possible) and I quit smoking. Generally, doing all I can to get back to great health as soon as possible, LOL!

Here comes the snag: I started oil pulling again due to my gums bleeding because I quit smoking (weird, but this happened). I practice good dental hygiene, and for someone my age I have great teeth, no fillings, no issues generally.

Since I have been oil pulling the bleeding of the gums has stopped, and my gums look and feel good again.

However, the skin on my face is horrible! It's dry in patches and very finely lined where it is dry. I also have red bumps, mainly on my cheeks/chin area but they are not spots/acne, and appear to be in the dry area. It does not hurt or itch, it's just dry.

I use (have been for ages) an oil mix of coconut, jojoba and argan oils on my face.

I never have skin problems, apart from a rare pimple during/before TOM.
I don't wash my face with agressive soaps, I use a soap and perfume free baby shampoo. I don't use water that's too hot either.

Has anyone had symptoms of candida die off that were similar to my facial skin issues? Or any symptoms due to detoxification from oil pulling?

And any advice how I can help myself?

Should I take more Omega 3 oils and animal fats in my diet? I eat pretty fatty as it is, but the ratios of Omega 3 could be better... I drink enough water/fluids.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice!

cfine 01-28-2013 07:32 AM

I'm not an expert on this subject, but I have read quite a bit and it sounds like your body is purging toxins out of your system. It sounds like you have made a lot of changes in a short amount of time. I would just drink lots of water and give it some time.

Mimosa23 01-28-2013 07:54 AM

I think you are right, and I have to give it time. I look awful though!
I am so lucky in never having skin issues, that this has come as a shock!

Anyone else have similar skin issues due to oil pulling?

Dottie 01-28-2013 08:00 AM

Have you tried to make a homemade masque for the dry patches?
Maybe avocado and oatmeal? Or coconut oil and oatmeal since you already use coconut oil?

Mimosa23 01-28-2013 08:07 AM

Hi Dottie,

Not tried that yet! I have no oatmeal at home, but lots of avocados... I may make some green slime and see how this goes, LOL! Thanks for the suggestion.

I also have a huge aloe vera plant at home, I could get some gel out of the leaves and try that as well. It worked in the past on dry, chapped hands as well...

Dottie 01-28-2013 08:10 AM

We used to have aloe vera plants outside and my grandfather would rip a piece off and rub it on cuts, burns, everything lol.

Mimosa23 01-28-2013 08:23 AM

Yep, I use it like Windex in the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding, LOL!

Mimosa23 01-30-2013 04:29 AM

Ok, quick update:
I have been putting EVCO on my face three times a day, and putting 'freshly harvested' aloe vera gel on my face too, and the dryness has improved, as well as a reduction in the red bumps.

For now, I will continue doing what I'm doing. Will report back after the weekend.

x

Mimosa23 02-01-2013 02:44 AM

I have discovered that a combination of Argan oil and EVCO works best. My skin is less dry and red looking.
Little bumps are still there and reducing. I think the fresh Aloe gel is helping there too.

I have received my DE (Diatomaceous Earth, human/food grade) and started taking this yesterday. Too early to say anything about it.