LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 11:59 AM   #91
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: zackman
Stats: 233/220/180
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLilah View Post
When I did the cleanse it was pretty intense. I don;t normally eat a lot of sweets, but I do normally eat tons of carbs, a lot of processed foods, and a lot of alcohol ( I own a bar & restaurant).

I did a pretty major cleanse, but I took 3 months off to deal with my issues. I did a cleanse called Health Force, which is bentonite clay which cleanses out your system, along with a lot of colon & liver cleansing stuff, and a lot of green shakes and probiotics. And a vegan diet. I did the actual cleanse for two weeks, and it was intense, I was pretty sick as stuff worked its way out of me, major kidney pain, fever symptoms- I can't imagine working while I was doing this. I would definately wait till you come back from vacation. I am still using some of the products, the intenstinal pills and the green shakes, they have everything in it, along with the highest doses of probiotics I have seen.

There are so many different diets and cleanses out there- I wanted to really clean my system out (I have major not-going-to-the-bathroom issues going on) and from what I understand from all the info out there, if your organs aren't able to process properly, all the probiotics and antifungals you might take will not be effective. Someone I know who has similar health issues did this cleanse and recommended it to me. The basic candida diet is pretty strict, and I believe that a specific diet or cleanse breaks some of the immediate cravings, once these things are out of your system, the cravings do reside somewhat (but a lot of it is will power too). For me, this cleanse was a good starting point.
Sounds a little scary, fevers, flu-like symptoms? Are these cleanses completely safe? I guess I wouldn't be willing to take anything that caused vommiting but being a little uncomfortable makes sense.

There are so many different approaches to treating this, it's kind of hard to know which one to go with. The diet part seems simple enough (although not easy.) I don't have any issues with going to the bathroom other than urgency, I know that has to do with candida. The spit test was definitely positive, no question there. I guess for now, I will just get rid of the real obvious stuff and worry about the rest when I get back from my vacation. Thanks!!
zackman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2011, 03:51 PM   #92
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Black Betty
Stats: 180/164/145, 5'10"
WOE: Low-Carb, Gluten-Free
Start Date: August 2011
I'm going back in to see my doctor on Wednesday for my fourth YI of the year. I had three in two months. I'm starting to wonder if my birth control has anything to do with it.
Black Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:57 PM   #93
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cornbread
Stats: 268/222/200
WOE: Paleo, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: July 2011
White specks...

I hope this isn't TMI, but I am following a candida diet and supplementing with caprylic acid and Oil of Oregano, and recently have experienced die off symptoms. Today isn't so bad, but yesterday was awful.

Anyway, today in a bowel movement I noticed specks of white in my fecal matter -- smaller than rice sized and irregularly shaped. Could this be candida? I have read from others that yeast often leaves your body in this manner, though I can't recall if it is in specks.

Thanks!
Cornbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:51 AM   #94
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bhappy
Stats: 147/135/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 2009
Cornbread, I'm not so sure it's Candida....most of the time I think it's more of a white mucous type appearance not quite specks. If the specks resemble more of a solid type structure, I would be thinking more of something you ate. IMO, but wait for what others say.
bhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:30 AM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jonika
Stats: 128/118
WOE: Candida diet, Alkaline diet, Atkins
Start Date: 8/13/2013
Cornbread, and what did you eat? If people report something like this, they usually have mucus-like thing in their poo... could your white specks be pieces of seeds??
Jonika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:50 PM   #96
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cornbread
Stats: 268/222/200
WOE: Paleo, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: July 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhappy View Post
Cornbread, I'm not so sure it's Candida....most of the time I think it's more of a white mucous type appearance not quite specks. If the specks resemble more of a solid type structure, I would be thinking more of something you ate. IMO, but wait for what others say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonika View Post
Cornbread, and what did you eat? If people report something like this, they usually have mucus-like thing in their poo... could your white specks be pieces of seeds??
You know guys, I am kind of an idiot. Now that you mentioned it, I had started putting flaxseed in my fiber drink and never thought that the seeds would be passing out intact, but -- duh -- that's the idea!

Thanks for your replies and for setting me straight.
Cornbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:34 PM   #97

Gallery: BlackLilah
Stats: 137/125/125
Start Date: June 5, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornbread View Post
You know guys, I am kind of an idiot. Now that you mentioned it, I had started putting flaxseed in my fiber drink and never thought that the seeds would be passing out intact, but -- duh -- that's the idea!

Thanks for your replies and for setting me straight.
You need to grind flaxseed. If you get the whole seeds, grind them first, or you don't get the benefit from them, our bodies don't digest them. Or just buy the preground kind.
BlackLilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:41 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heidinem
Stats: 130/111/105 (5')
WOE: mostly pescetarian, moderate carbs
Start Date: November 1, 2009
Hi everyone, thought I had better start doing some reading on yeast. Read thru 10 pages of the old thread.

I am usually w/o complaints in the health dept, but this summer I began getting lesions on my tongue, slow to heal. Then I noticed they do heal but reappear on another part of my tongue. I thought it was related to eating too many raw tomatoes. Well, they didnt go away after stopping the raw tomatoes. I also tried oil pulling w/ co, which was soothing but no real help. The only thing that helped was constant munching & you can imagine what the result was.

It became so bad I wanted to separate myself from my mouth. I finally went to see the nurse practitioner & she seemed to think it was fungal infection, gave me some Magic mouthwash w/ anti fungal ingredient.

I get my protein almost exclusively from fish & dairy products, especially plain yogurt. I have read that I have to cut back on cheese & add acv, which so far is pretty easy. I plan on adding 2T to a glass of water before lunch. I already use some coconut oil, but frankly I love it & if I eat too much, I get fat!

Any advice is appreciated!

"obesity is a complex problem and it will not be shoehorned into simplistic hypotheses"
Stephan Guyenet
Heidinem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:28 AM   #99
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Viviana1
New to LCF....candida treatment questions

Hello,

First, I can't thank you all enough for being such a GREAT source of information and support.

I have returned back to the lc woe after a few years (and quite a few pounds!). I am currently starting week 3 and feel better than I have in years! After reading the posts, I realize that Candida is definitely and issue as I suffer from most of the symptoms. My question is where to begin??

I'm following lc with the candida diet (avoiding cheese etc) and have been taking vitamins and extra probiotics.

After reading all the posts, I bought:

Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Oil of Oregano, Raw Apple Cider Vinegar with the "mother", Detox tea, Xylitol etc........

What should I start with and how much??

My other question is can you kill TOO MUCH yeast in your system?? Aside from die off, are there any ramifications to not having enough yeast in your system?

I would appreciate any input.

Thanks a bunch!!
Viviana1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:38 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Hi Viviana1
Welcome to our "infamous" thread
I don't know whether you know a lot of info about yeast so I decided to write a few lines of information about it.

Regarding your questions: In my opinion, you cannot kill too much yeast in your body. There are no ramifications from killing too many yeast cells. I think it's physically impossible to kill "too much of it" since yeast cells are in everything: food, on surfaces,on our clothes,...So clearly, theoretically, if you managed to kill all the yeast cells in your body, you would ingest them right back with the first food you would eat or you would get them into your body right the moment you would touch a pen and then scratch your face. You would have to eat disinfected food and live in a quarantine to prevent yeast cells from entering your body. Yeast aids your body to digest certain things we eat (sorry, I forgot what it is exactly)so it is needed - but our problem is that it's not in healthy levels - we have too much of it or our immune system isn't working properly; therefore, yeast (as an opportunistic organism) causes us all kinds of health problems.

It's very hard to kill because yeast cells are very similar to human cells ,thus every medicine meant to kill yeast/fungus basically works as poison to your body's cells. Therefore, it's important to monitor your liver during a prolonged treatment (with medications like diflucan, nystatin, a others).

Diet is only a part of the whole treatment...it's not effective without taking a medication for most people, me included. However, it is essential if you want to get yeast under control.

I hope I answered your questions to your satisfaction. Good luck on your journey toward health!
Old 10-03-2011, 08:58 AM   #101
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Viviana1
Hi Jonika! Thanks.......I just didn't want to go overboard. I think I'm going to introduce just a little bit of each at a time and try to rotate treatments. As I mentioned, I already feel 1000% better by diet alone. It can only continue to get better
Viviana1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:39 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Viviana1, good for you! That's great. I am not that lucky. I was feeling fine even before the diet, but my yeast problems are still here even with the diet...so, it's a no-win situation for me...you keep it up! Good luck.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:06 PM   #103
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
I have a feeling that I have this. My worst symptoms are rectal itching and itching in my ears. Both have been going on for 2 years now. Doc says to treat with hydrocortisone cream for both. Sound like I am putting a bandaid on the problem and want to eliminate the reason.
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:33 PM   #104
Mcp
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mcp
Stats: 168/156/125
WOE: Sugar Free
Start Date: 12-26 -11
I am on Page 18 of the other thread........I am trying to catch up!
SOOOO much information.........I have started the Coconut Oil and I take a tablespoon in the AM and one in the PM......this is only day 3 and no "crazy" stuff going on.
How long should I take just the CO before I add the ACV?
Sorry if this has been asked before....I promise to catch up
Mcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:58 PM   #105
Blabbermouth!!!

What other thread?
Old 11-03-2011, 07:19 PM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
I have a feeling that I have this. My worst symptoms are rectal itching and itching in my ears. Both have been going on for 2 years now. Doc says to treat with hydrocortisone cream for both. Sound like I am putting a bandaid on the problem and want to eliminate the reason.
I have rectal itching too. Antifungal medication always stops it. Try OTC medication for yeast infection...that may help.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:27 PM   #107
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Star73
Stats: 238/220/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: 10/01/2012
Quote:
What other thread?
There is another thread in this forum that got too large so they started this one. There is a lot of great info in both threads.
Star73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:24 PM   #108
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonika View Post
I have rectal itching too. Antifungal medication always stops it. Try OTC medication for yeast infection...that may help.
Something like Lotrimin?
Old 11-05-2011, 06:11 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Yes. Just like Monistat...

Last edited by Jonika; 11-05-2011 at 06:14 AM..
Old 11-05-2011, 12:25 PM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kattbelly
I had horrendous rectal itching from the candida, not to be too graphic, but it was a Cash-ian Ring of Fire, lol. I did a cleansing fast using bentonite clay and after the first day of the fast it disappeared! The fast is to starve the candida, the cleanse is to battle it, and the bentonite clay turns into a gel in your intestines and it "captures" the candida clinging to the walls and you eliminate it. This is just my observation of what happened, not a scientific study.

I did the fast/cleanse for five days, due to some serious issues, but like I said, after the first day the itch was gone. I think it would take longer than a day to solve the issues, but it really put a dent in them. I still do anti-fungal lifestyle things, like eating low carb, taking anti-fungal herbs, coconut oil, etc. I see, after struggling with candida for years, that it isn't going away, I just have to keep it in submission with diet and lifestyle choices.

If you're interested in checking the cleanse I did, you can google Blessed Herbs. LCF doesn't sell anything like this, I don't think anyway, so I think it would not be a conflict of interests to name the website where I got my cleanse info. They've got some pretty gross pics of other peoples' cleanse results. Blarg.

"The chief cause of unhappiness and failure is trading what we want most for what we want at the moment."

"Our perception gathers proof that our beliefs are right."

Last edited by Kattbelly; 11-05-2011 at 12:28 PM.. Reason: spelling
Kattbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 01:51 PM   #111
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Star73
Stats: 238/220/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: 10/01/2012
omgosh! I went to that website and the pictures

But, I was also amazed at what came out of those people!!! You did the colon cleanse? or just the clay?
Star73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 04:48 PM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

I did the total body cleanse, which starts with the colon cleanse. I don't have any intestinal issues so my cleanse results weren't as bad as those pics lol, but I had immediate relief from the itchiness.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:50 PM   #113
Blabbermouth!!!

I have itching in the ears too, do you think it would help that too?
Old 11-05-2011, 07:23 PM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Anything that helps get rid of yeast will help. You might try putting colloidal silver or apple cider vinegar or coconut oil on a Q-tip and rubbing that in your ears.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:25 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Kattbelly
What do you eat on a candida diet?? What stuff do you avoid? I've heard about that clay before...but I haven't gathered enough courage to try it out yet... Do you still experience your other yeast symptoms?
Old 11-05-2011, 11:38 PM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

I eat low carb Jonika. For me the worst culprits are alcohol, sugar, and wheat. I try to include coconut products in my diet and I use apple cider vinegar-the one with the mother. If I eat cleanly, I have very few yeast symptoms, but if I stray, the Candida comes back. A good example is recently my husband and I were having fun experimenting with cocktail recipes. Even though I made them sugar free, the time with alcohol was not good for me. I had a MASSIVE skin break out that was Candida. My Candida skin break outs are nothing like acne. They are slightly oblong cysts that have a more solid, grainy textured gunk in them. Sorry if that's too gross and graphic a description, but I KNOW it's Candida when that happens instead of acne, IFYKWIM. And if my anus starts itching, I know I've consumed something I shouldn't have. (Again, kinda TMI but we're all sisters in Candida here, lol.)

I have a few VERY lengthy posts about my Candida struggles and the things I've done to overcome it. If you wanna know more, just click on my nic and view my old posts. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:58 AM   #117
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tweetynole
Stats: 285/270/160
WOE: Atkins/Candida diet
Start Date: October 2011
Introduction

Hi Everyone! My name is Susan, and I've struggled with weight and candida issues for most of my life. I am diagnosed with fibromyalgia, although I seriously doubt if I have it, tbh. I feel that most, if not ALL of my issues stem from an abundance of candida.

I started on the Eat Right 4 Your Blood Type diet a few months ago. While this worked really well for getting rid of most of the bloat, diarrhea, etc as it took away wheat and dairy from my diet, I wasn't losing any weight for the most part. I started looking into the "yeast factor" again as I just went through hell with a terrible vaginal yeast infection, a rash all over my face and neck that caused my right eye to be swollen shut, and I was so lethargic I could not function. I thank god I was unemployed as this would have made it VERY hard to go to work. Candida was an underlying issue with me as I was still eating sugar (okay on that diet) and was downing some green tea with honey in it all day long every day. THEN, to make matters worse, we have a mold issue in our house, and my moronic roommate decided not to do anything about it. This sent me into a tailspin.

So, I have been reading up on the boards here, and I started using ACV on the advice of a friend that I know that has Candida issues as well. I even wiped my rash with it straight, and low and behold the rash has vanished and I feel like a new person. I am also taking it internally, and I was eating greek plain yogurt for a week. In order to not be "off the diet" I chose to buy some lactobacillus supplements and take them instead of eating the yogurt. I am on my way to Walmart in a few to get some CO and I plan on using that with baking soda. The brain fog is starting to lift. And while I am still a tad itchy "down there", it's 99% better.

So, as you can see, I'm on my way. I'm going to try not to cut carrots and the other "questionable" veggies out of my diet just yet. I want to see how I get on without doing that. I'm already pretty restricted.

I will keep you all posted on my success. The hard part (giving up dairy, sugar, and wheat) has already been accomplished. My main issue when I am on the Atkins diet is that it's really hard for me to eat enough. I am not very hungry. And although this seems like a blessing, as you know, if you don't eat enough, you won't lose weight. So that is my challenge.

One question for now....I was used to drinking protein shakes to get all my protein in every day. I used egg protein in soy milk...usually chocolate. Being that I'm on induction, I assume soy milk is out of the question. So, I want to mix my protein powder with something...can't do fruit juice, obviously, and I can't do any sort of milk. It would be gross in water. I am clueless. Any ideas would be welcomed.

Susan
tweetynole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:29 AM   #118
Blabbermouth!!!

Welcome Susan. I looked at the same diet you are talking about (blood type). I am blood type A in which I am supposed to be vegetarian. I think not.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:34 PM   #119
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tweetynole
Stats: 285/270/160
WOE: Atkins/Candida diet
Start Date: October 2011
Quote:
Welcome Susan. I looked at the same diet you are talking about (blood type). I am blood type A in which I am supposed to be vegetarian. I think not.
Well, I am an O, so it's close. I'm trying to kind of put the two together. There are some things on the Atkins plan that are not okay on the blood type diet for O, so I just don't eat them. Does it limit me? Sure....but I am feeling pretty good and the things that were the hardest to give up with that diet are things that are not allowed on this woe. So I was really over the withdrawal phase. As I said, I have had issues giving up soy milk...I used to hate it but I had grown to love it! That with a banana and some protein powder...but I digress

I bet you'd be okay as a vegetarian, but it would be SO HARD as you could eat next to nothing of the protein variety. Years ago, in college, I was an ovolacto vegetarian and my protein deficiency was so bad I had my hair coming out in hand fulls. If you do it you have to be prepared to eat lots of beans and soy protein, which I refused to do. So my health suffered. In fact, about everything I've done in the way of dieting has made my health suffer. The worst being bulimic and taking laxatives, and the metabolife I took which messed up my heart.

I should add that my daughter has most of the same issues that I do, only magnified. She was diagnosed with Chrohn's disease at 15, and she is now 21 in college. She's away from home and her eating habits are pretty bad, as is the case with most college kids. Her illness progresses and she is miserable. She's about 220 lbs at 5'3". I am hoping (fingers crossed) that if she sees me doing well, that she will adopt this woe. I know that it would help her immensely. Most of her diet is wheat...and that is the MAIN thing I know she should NOT be eating (as was the case with me). She read my other diet with interest but said, "I cannot give up wheat...it's about all I eat." Well DUH! That is why you're sick. So, as with me who it took 49 years to convert, she is stubborn. Hopefully she will change her mind...but if not, I guess she enjoys feeling like crap.

Anyway, thanks for welcoming me and I will be posting often!

Susan
tweetynole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:30 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Kattbelly
Thank you so much for all the information you provided! I just bought that clay and I will start using it as soon as I receive it. I will let you know how it works on me. I will also read your older yeast threads, thanks for the tip.

I am taking yeast killer pills right now - my doc gave me a 6 month supply and I am being strict with the diet + the clay detox...so hopefully, it will help to some extent.