Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Candida and Yeast
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2011, 06:49 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member
 
Jonika's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: somewhere under the stars
Posts: 471
Gallery: Jonika
Stats: 128/118
WOE: Candida diet, Alkaline diet, Atkins
Start Date: 8/13/2013
Becca,
That's interesting. How strong was the solution you used? You bought a Hydrogen Peroxide at a pharmacy and douched with it? Or did you mix with water??You douched only once a day (before bed?).
Jonika is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2011, 10:39 PM   #62
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 26
Gallery: BlackLilah
Stats: 137/125/125
Start Date: June 5, 2011
Enzymes

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblue View Post

No matter what you hear or read in your research or on a forum or the Internet, don't waste your money on digestive enzymes unless you know exactly what you are doing. You can very well cause a lot more harm than good as far as the Candida is concerned by consuming the wrong enzymes. I’m talking about the fact that you can actually feed the Candida with certain enzymes once they are broken down in your body.
Have you ever heard of these combinations? I did a health cleanse with the products of this company, called Health Force. I had great results, overall, except the vaginal yeast symptoms. They also have a candida cleanse: they recommend these products, in addition to a vegan diet, lots of green shakes, probiotics, and bee pollen.

4 Allicidin Complex
2 Betaine HCL
1 HCL Activator


Allicidin Complex – Contains ingredients that provide spectacular immune-specific support against fungal and bacterial organisms, especially in the intestines, urinary tract, lungs, mouth and skin. Gently destroys the pockets of biofilms (the sticky micro-nests where these pathogenic organisms hide). 9-12 Vcaps per day, spread throughout day before meals (3-4/meal). Take the higher amount (or more) if you weigh over 200 lbs or have very challenging symptoms.

Betaine HCL – Promotes adequate stomach digestion, so there is no rotting food creating a breeding ground for harmful bacteria. Also provides key rejuvenative support due to its ability to break biofilms. 6-12 Vcaps per day. Take 2-4 immediately after meals. The lower amounts are for digestion. Higher amounts can help break biofilms and are also needed if over 150 lbs, over 50 years old or eating meat.


HCL Activator – 3-6 Vcaps per day. Take 1-2 immediately after meals.

Multi-Pollen Extract – for urinary tract support if you have bladder or yeast infections


Its not cheap, but I've had a friend that has used their products for years (for various health issues) and she is a great believer in their products. But before I commit financially, and time spent, I thought maybe you would know, since you seem to have experience with enzymes?

THANK YOU!
BlackLilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:46 PM   #63
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 26
Gallery: BlackLilah
Stats: 137/125/125
Start Date: June 5, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonika View Post
Yes, I have done that. I took:either 200mg every 3 days for about 2 weeks, or I took 100mg every day for 5 days. Once, I even took 100mg every 3 days for about 2 months. It cured me when I had Candida Albicans, but it only eased the symptoms when I had Candida Glabrata. Actually, I am still dealing with Candida Glabrata (it's been 4 months so far). It's a super resistant yeast. Diflucan and all"-azole"s won't cure it.

Can you change your doctor? It looks like yours doesn't give a s*** about your condition. Is it a woman or a man? Definitely have a culture done - you need to know what type/strain of Candida you are actually dealing with. Your doc takes a sample and sends it into a lab. It takes about 3 weeks to get results, but it's worth it.
Tomorrow I am going to a new doctor. The problem is that I move a lot, and am in the US now, but I live out of the country, so I switch docs a lot, but they all seem to say the same thing. One of the reasons I came back to the US it to deal with my medical issues. So tomorrow, in addition to asking for a culture to determine the strain of Candida, are there any other questions I should be asking?
BlackLilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:28 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member
 
Jonika's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: somewhere under the stars
Posts: 471
Gallery: Jonika
Stats: 128/118
WOE: Candida diet, Alkaline diet, Atkins
Start Date: 8/13/2013
I am glad you are changing your doctor. It's okay that you move a lot - you can always call the office and about your lab test results...

There are other things you could ask: what kind of dietary changes you should make (definitely avoid all sugars and starches and dairy for starters), ask for the anti-itch anti-yeast cream that you could use on the outside (tell him/her you are really suffering and need something to ease the burning and itching immediately - mention the cream I am writing about in my previous post), ask him/her for a medication you could use as a maintenance (for example, boric acid "bullet" you will use once/twice a week once you get rid of this infection). It would be best if he/she gave you some medication for 14 days instead of a 7 day medication to treat this infection (the more the better since you've been suffering for several months) Let your new doctor know that your previous doctors didn't take your condition seriously and that's why you came to him/her...

Good luck and don't stress yourself out! Stay calm and composed. Let me know how it went.
Jonika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:20 AM   #65
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 27
Gallery: Becca777
Hi Jonika, my internet connection is iffy and it's been a while since I've been able to get back on here. I douched with 100% hydrogen peroxide the info I found on the web said to dilute it with water but I didn't (the result of major suffering for years). The info also said to douch slowly to give the peroxide time to fiz up.

Here is what I did: I got a big towel and laid on it in the bed, I used one of those applicator thingies that you get in the monistat box and filled it with hydrogen peroxide. I did this about 3 times the first night. I repeated the next night about 2 times and there was not much fiz. My symptoms were gone immediately by the way. I haven't had to use peroxide since and I am totally symptom free.
Becca777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:58 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member
 
Jonika's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: somewhere under the stars
Posts: 471
Gallery: Jonika
Stats: 128/118
WOE: Candida diet, Alkaline diet, Atkins
Start Date: 8/13/2013
Wow, Becca, that's awesome. Thank you for such a detailed instructions. I will try the peroxide for sure.
Jonika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:51 AM   #67
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2
Gallery: janealewis
Hi Sibylle:
I just registered with this site because i just read your thread and have total sympathy for your condition. I was diagnosed 7 years ago and have been fighting these "aliens from inner space" ever since.

Every die off is harder and longer which should helps to refrain from falling into carbs.

I have some helps that have been essential to my sanity.

# 1 rotate your remedies over a one month period. One remedy a week. The candida bacteria will mutate to a remedy if over used.

#2 Never take more that one remedy at once as if you accidentally over use them you have lost all of those remedies at once.

#3 if you are suffering from skin rashes, mix a salve of 1 tablespoon of lanolin with 10 drops of oil of oregano OR rosmary essential oil OR thyme essential oil OR teatree oil OR basil essential oil, using one per week rotating over one month.

# 4 Stay away from ALL sugars and starches as even a little will encourage growth and cause terrible cravings.

Candida can indeed cause hairloss and dandruff as well as loss of finger and toe nails. This happened to me and I used the salve on my nails to restore them. It takes a long time for them to regrow but is well worth the effort.

I hope this helps you.

Jane
janealewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:59 PM   #68
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 26
Gallery: BlackLilah
Stats: 137/125/125
Start Date: June 5, 2011
This is gross (but good news) and might help

Its been 6 weeks since I've been cleansing, at first with a clay-based program, and since then thru diet, and supplements: green shakes & lots of probiotics, ooo, co, acv, gse.

I've been also doing colonics, I have a long life-time history of constipation. Today, during a painful session, the colonic therapist said she was seeing globs of yeast leaving my body! So I know its working! Gross, and painful, but I was delighted when she said that. I feel much better (besides vaginal symptoms), but its so overwhelming, doing all of this, and not knowing if its helping actually cleanse my body, so I felt validated, this is all worth it, cause it is leaving my system.

Thought I would share, just in case anyone was thinking about trying colonics (its actually not as bad as you would think).
BlackLilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:29 AM   #69
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 26
Gallery: BlackLilah
Stats: 137/125/125
Start Date: June 5, 2011
Has anyone else tried this yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca777 View Post
I douched with 100% hydrogen peroxide the info I found on the web said to dilute it with water but I didn't (the result of major suffering for years). The info also said to douch slowly to give the peroxide time to fiz up.

Here is what I did: I got a big towel and laid on it in the bed, I used one of those applicator thingies that you get in the monistat box and filled it with hydrogen peroxide. I did this about 3 times the first night. I repeated the next night about 2 times and there was not much fiz. My symptoms were gone immediately by the way. I haven't had to use peroxide since and I am totally symptom free.
Curious if anyone on the board tried this technique yet, how was it, any results?
BlackLilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:56 PM   #70
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 26
Gallery: BlackLilah
Stats: 137/125/125
Start Date: June 5, 2011
Linda Allen's "Yeast Infection No More"

Me again....I feel like I'm the only one posting on the site these days...taking a break from work to address my health issues has given me a lot of free time to search the net, not always sure if its a good or a bad thing.

So, has anyone had any experience with Linda Allen's "Yeast Infection No More" downloadable book? Lots of references to the common mistakes candida sufferers make while we're trying all the diet and anti-fungal stuff, but not sure if her advice is different than info on this board.

Anyone hear of this, or use it? Is it worth the $40?
BlackLilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:41 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member
 
Jonika's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: somewhere under the stars
Posts: 471
Gallery: Jonika
Stats: 128/118
WOE: Candida diet, Alkaline diet, Atkins
Start Date: 8/13/2013
BlackLilah, I think the ebook isn't worth 40bucks. Save your money. I believe it talks about all the things you already know, plus I think it promotes some products, pills and "remedies" that won't help you anyway...

There is one book that is so far the most serious and non-BS on Candida on Amazon. It's the one with the biggest amount of feedbacks (I forgot it's title). It talks about the diet and rememdies (natural as well as pharmaceutical). I am going to buy it.

I haven't tried peroxide douches yet, but I am close to doing so. I am seeing my doc next week. That will determine whether I am going to do it or not. I will post my reply then.

BlackLIlah, what are colonics exactly?
Jonika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:14 PM   #72
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 26
Gallery: BlackLilah
Stats: 137/125/125
Start Date: June 5, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonika View Post

BlackLIlah, what are colonics exactly?
Colonics are a deep enema that flushes out your system. All bodies contain mucus, yeast, and other things that live in our bodies naturally, but most people can self-cleanse, and the bad stuff leaves your system. I have (all my life, even as a baby) had bad constipation (2 weeks w/o is my max!), so my body doesn't get rid of all this stuff by itself, which, I believe, is why the candida is so attached in my intestinal tract, cause I have always eaten pretty healthy.

So colonics is done by a professional (I see a woman who has a PhD in Homeopathic med) and a hose is inserts into your butt, and it flushes everything out. Its really not as bad as you would think, you just lay there and it flushes into a closed system. Last time I went, she said she can actually see yeast pockets leaving my body. This specific doc, once the colonic is done, puts another tube in and you get massive doses of pro and pre biotics shot up into your rectum, and its supposed to reflorest your gut. So it cleans all the bad stuff out, and is supposed to jump start your system. It actually feels great afterwards. Its $75 per treatment, and for me, def worth the money.

Its considered alternative therapy, most docs say you don't need it cause our bodies self-cleanse. But if your body doesn't....then to me it makes sense. Plus, all the reg docs just want to do is give me more Diaflucan, and tell me to eat yogurt....regardless when I tell them of the chronic battle that this has been, and that that stuff does not work for me.
BlackLilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:49 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member
 
Jonika's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: somewhere under the stars
Posts: 471
Gallery: Jonika
Stats: 128/118
WOE: Candida diet, Alkaline diet, Atkins
Start Date: 8/13/2013
thank you for your response BlackLilah. It's great this treatment makes you feel good. It must be awful for you to be constipated. My friend has the same problem - no matter what she does, eats, doesn't eat...she is constipated.
I absolutely can't stand it when it happens to me. Usually, I get that way if I don't drink enough water. But, overall, I am pretty regular: twice a day. Sorry for the TMI.


In the area where I live, there are no homeopaths or natural medicine practitioners, so there is no way for me to get this treatment. Anyway, I think my problem lays somewhere else...

Thanks for the info anyway.
Jonika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:06 PM   #74
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 26
Gallery: BlackLilah
Stats: 137/125/125
Start Date: June 5, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonika View Post
I haven't tried peroxide douches yet, but I am close to doing so. I am seeing my doc next week. That will determine whether I am going to do it or not. I will post my reply then.
Hi Jonika,
Curious to see what your doctor said about the peroxide douch. I am afraid to try it, I know what it feels like when I've gargeled with peroxide...but I also know how effective it is as a mouth wash, so I'm tempted to do this, but wanted to see what your doc's opinion about this was.
BlackLilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:05 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member
 
Jonika's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: somewhere under the stars
Posts: 471
Gallery: Jonika
Stats: 128/118
WOE: Candida diet, Alkaline diet, Atkins
Start Date: 8/13/2013
Hi BlackLilah
I was about to post here. I was so stressed out about the visit that I forgot to ask her about the peroxide. However, I think it will be fine if you use it. What I am going to try (later) is: I will use peroxide but I will have a ****** with water ready in case I get some weird reaction from it.
When I think about it, peroxide is a stable oxygen and that's great because it kills everything - yeast in particular. There is a product called MMS (Miracle solution...) and that's supposed to be the stable oxygen that can be ingested by mouth to help you get over yeast overgrowth...So, all in all, I think using peroxide down there shouldn't be painful. You may experience pain if your skin is somehow injured (dry) from the yeast infection. But that should pass in a few moments...

Are you going to give it a try BlackLilah? How are you doing?
My doc told me that my yeast wasn't as bad as it used to be and she gave me another 14 day supply of boric acid. I am on the day 2. She said that if I didn't experience symptoms, she wouldn't give me anything since the yeast count looked normal to her. But, I do have symptoms (just my luck)....so I am going to keep going with it for now and after I have finished, I will do the peroxide ******.
Jonika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:45 AM   #76
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 26
Gallery: BlackLilah
Stats: 137/125/125
Start Date: June 5, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonika View Post
Hi BlackLilah
I was about to post here. I was so stressed out about the visit that I forgot to ask her about the peroxide. However, I think it will be fine if you use it. What I am going to try (later) is: I will use peroxide but I will have a ****** with water ready in case I get some weird reaction from it.
When I think about it, peroxide is a stable oxygen and that's great because it kills everything - yeast in particular. There is a product called MMS (Miracle solution...) and that's supposed to be the stable oxygen that can be ingested by mouth to help you get over yeast overgrowth...So, all in all, I think using peroxide down there shouldn't be painful. You may experience pain if your skin is somehow injured (dry) from the yeast infection. But that should pass in a few moments...

Are you going to give it a try BlackLilah? How are you doing?
My doc told me that my yeast wasn't as bad as it used to be and she gave me another 14 day supply of boric acid. I am on the day 2. She said that if I didn't experience symptoms, she wouldn't give me anything since the yeast count looked normal to her. But, I do have symptoms (just my luck)....so I am going to keep going with it for now and after I have finished, I will do the peroxide ******.

I feel so much better, except the vaginal yeast, which keeps coming back. I have decided to do the hydrogen peroxide, will start tomorrow for 5 days, will report back with results. Also got a bunch of Diaflucan to take back with me (I go back home, out of the country, in a few weeks), but am afraid to use it too much and for it to lose its potency.

Using this info as a guideline:

Enema & ******
Mix 3 Tablespoons of the 3.5% diluted hydrogen peroxide solution (food grade) with 32 oz (1 quart) of distilled water. Administer per the directions for a normal enema or ******. Applied rectally, through an enema, it will clean the colon of harmful anaerobic bacteria, but will not hurt beneficial aerobic bacteria, such as acidophilus. Applied vaginally, in a ******, it can clean out yeast and bacterial infections.

There are many uses for peroxide, for skin stuff too, at least according to this site:
Hydrogen Peroxide Therapy – A Method of Administering Oxygen Therapy
BlackLilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:22 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member
 
Jonika's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: somewhere under the stars
Posts: 471
Gallery: Jonika
Stats: 128/118
WOE: Candida diet, Alkaline diet, Atkins
Start Date: 8/13/2013
BlackLilah
Good luck with the ******! I'll be patiently waiting for your report. I TRULY HOPE it will destroy the yeast. And thank you for the web link, it's pretty informative. Are you going to use it twice daily or just before bed?

I want to finish with my boric acid before I try the peroxide ******...

Be careful with Diflucan - don't take too much or you can end up like me, with C. Glabrata (I think I got it because of the overuse of Diflucan -that's what some studies claim too. My doc though didn't know what caused me to get Glabrata...go figure... )

Please, keep me informed on your progress.

PS>: Where did you get your food grade peroxide??

Last edited by Jonika; 07-26-2011 at 04:24 PM..
Jonika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 03:38 PM   #78
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 26
Gallery: BlackLilah
Stats: 137/125/125
Start Date: June 5, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonika View Post
BlackLilah
Good luck with the ******! I'll be patiently waiting for your report. I TRULY HOPE it will destroy the yeast. And thank you for the web link, it's pretty informative. Are you going to use it twice daily or just before bed?

I want to finish with my boric acid before I try the peroxide ******...

Be careful with Diflucan - don't take too much or you can end up like me, with C. Glabrata (I think I got it because of the overuse of Diflucan -that's what some studies claim too. My doc though didn't know what caused me to get Glabrata...go figure... )

Please, keep me informed on your progress.

PS>: Where did you get your food grade peroxide??
This is my 4th day with the peroxide ******. A little itchy now and then (but only after a sweaty yoga class, so maybe its a normal itch) and all the discharge is gone. The peroxide only deals with symptoms, it doesn't make anything go away, but hey, no discharge is great news.

I bought food grade peroxide from a health food store. The regular grade stuff we see in pharmacies is stablized chemically. This was a little like being in a chemistry lab-I could only find 35%, which always has to be diluted down to 3%, so after mixing distilled water to make the 3%, I then mix a quart of distilled water with 6 tablespoons of the 3% peroxide and ****** with that at night. I'm going to complete a full week. I believe any healty store would carry this, it was cheap, $15 for a big bottle, and needs to be stored in the freezer.

Also, (sorry, I know this is a gross) but I did another colonic, and this time actually wanted to see what was coming out of me...and during the treatment, and the following day, I actually saw yeast pockets leaving my body. They look like goldfish trapped in a tea bag... or something like that....I'm sure you guys can all appreciate what a wonderful sight that was!!!
BlackLilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:54 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member
 
Jonika's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: somewhere under the stars
Posts: 471
Gallery: Jonika
Stats: 128/118
WOE: Candida diet, Alkaline diet, Atkins
Start Date: 8/13/2013
Hi BlackLilah
Thank you for getting back to me and letting me know about your experience!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLilah
The peroxide only deals with symptoms, it doesn't make anything go away, but hey, no discharge is great news.
Indeed, no discharge is FABULOUS new, but doesn't No discharge and burning/itching - mean that candida is dying? Why do you say that peroxide doesn't make anything go away?

I would like to ask you also this, is your skin still inflamed or does it look normal now? It may be TMI to share publicly, so please drop me a PM if you feel uncomfortable posting here.

I bought 12% bottle from Amazon - I am hoping the hot weather will not affect it's potency. I should get it in the beginning of next week. I will follow the instructions from the website you recommended.

I am not entirely sure what's happening to me, but my condition turned for the worse starting Thursday and Friday for no apparent reason...Besides my prescription Boric Acid (600mg) before bed, I had to start using my homeopathic remedy Yeast Arrest in the morning just to keep the burning at bay - I started experiencing very unpleasant cutting pain besides the regular burning and itching.

Does your health food store keep the Peroxide bottles in the freezer section or on a shelf?

Sorry for all the questions It's great that there is someone like you to exchange information with...
In my opinion, keep using this treatment for total of 7-10 days...to see if the yeast will come back or not... what do you think?

Good luck to you! I practice yoga too - it's my life saver.
Jonika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:52 PM   #80
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 26
Gallery: BlackLilah
Stats: 137/125/125
Start Date: June 5, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonika View Post
Hi BlackLilah
Thank you for getting back to me and letting me know about your experience!
Indeed, no discharge is FABULOUS new, but doesn't No discharge and burning/itching - mean that candida is dying? Why do you say that peroxide doesn't make anything go away?

I would like to ask you also this, is your skin still inflamed or does it look normal now? It may be TMI to share publicly, so please drop me a PM if you feel uncomfortable posting here.

I bought 12% bottle from Amazon - I am hoping the hot weather will not affect it's potency. I should get it in the beginning of next week. I will follow the instructions from the website you recommended.

I am not entirely sure what's happening to me, but my condition turned for the worse starting Thursday and Friday for no apparent reason...Besides my prescription Boric Acid (600mg) before bed, I had to start using my homeopathic remedy Yeast Arrest in the morning just to keep the burning at bay - I started experiencing very unpleasant cutting pain besides the regular burning and itching.

Does your health food store keep the Peroxide bottles in the freezer section or on a shelf?

Sorry for all the questions It's great that there is someone like you to exchange information with...
In my opinion, keep using this treatment for total of 7-10 days...to see if the yeast will come back or not... what do you think?

Good luck to you! I practice yoga too - it's my life saver.
Hi Jonika,
It won't let me pm, says I don't have privliges, not sure why...if you can pm me feel free.

Sorry to hear your symptoms are back. Its so frustrating. Yoga does help deal with so much. Have you heard of Louise Hay? About healing our bodies through mantras? Its a little out there....but I've been experiencing a bit of a life crisis in addition to a health crisis, and have been incorporating her methods into my daily practice. If this is something that interests you, pm me, I'll be happy to share with you some of the stuff I've been doing. I love yoga! Its my life saver too.

Peroxide was in the freezer. I'm still experiencing a little internal itch, and will prob continue the ****** for 10 days, its so exciting not to have the discharge. I remember when I was invesitaging this treatment that I read somewhere that it helps with vaginal yeast symtpoms, but to eradicate yeast you can only do it internally, through diet and anti-fungals.

I haven't had any external inflamation in a while. This past year, in addition to chronic yeast (which I've suffered from since age 11) I've also had problems with blood clots and endrometrial lining, as well as a massive pelvic infection, I was completely swollen shut.... after massive doses of hormones and antibiotics, all my other problems really magnified. So I can't tell if the peroxide is helpful with swelling. I still have occasional pelvic pain, but not sure anymore whats causing it, but all my ultrasounds & paps are good now. This is the first time I've been discharge free in 26 years! Its only been 5 days, but I am enjoying every moment.

Hope you feel better. Remember....breathe
BlackLilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:25 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member
 
Jonika's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: somewhere under the stars
Posts: 471
Gallery: Jonika
Stats: 128/118
WOE: Candida diet, Alkaline diet, Atkins
Start Date: 8/13/2013
BlackLilah
Thank you for your post and all the information. I really appreciate it.
You have been suffering from yeast since you were 11??!! OMG! that's just awful! How did it all start (if you don't mind me asking).

I can't send you a PM - I think you need to reach 20 posts or something like that...try to make two more posts on the forum to see what happens (you've got 18 now).

I am seeing my doc yet again, this Thursday. I need her to do something radical with me. I am tired of dealing with this - it's neverending and I want it gone! Maybe I need to see an Internist or something...I have no freaking idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLilah
This is the first time I've been discharge free in 26 years! Its only been 5 days, but I am enjoying every moment.
Oh, God bless your heart. I know how you feel. And I am so happy to hear that Peroxide is working even if it's only to a point.

I got my 12% H2O2 today. Where do you store yours? I put mine in the fridge for now. Have you tried any interesting new candida-diet recipes recently??? I haven't. I grilled a whole bunch of different meat (filet mignon, pork tender loin - I love it, salmon, and regular beef cut ) and I boiled some asparagus. I aslo made my dill sauce...

Are you talking about HayHouse??? I know it exists , but I am not familiar with their mantras. I would love to hear more about them. Once you can send PMs, please tell me about them some more, or drop me a link here...thanks!

I want to start going swimming to our local Community Center. Iknow I am not supposed to do that with the yeast infection , but I don't give a d...m any more..I am not letting it rule my life any more.

Last edited by Jonika; 08-02-2011 at 01:27 PM..
Jonika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:09 AM   #82
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 26
Gallery: BlackLilah
Stats: 137/125/125
Start Date: June 5, 2011
my 20th post

to see if it changes my status
BlackLilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:26 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member
 
Jonika's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: somewhere under the stars
Posts: 471
Gallery: Jonika
Stats: 128/118
WOE: Candida diet, Alkaline diet, Atkins
Start Date: 8/13/2013
I still can't send you a PM... hmm...maybe you should contact moderators to see what's up with this.


Jonika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:01 PM   #84
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 26
Gallery: BlackLilah
Stats: 137/125/125
Start Date: June 5, 2011
Apparently you have to have 25 posts.

Jonika, how are you feeling?

I did 7 days of the peroxide then got my period, curious to see how things are once the bleeding ends. I'm wondering a little of there was no discharge cause I was rinsing everything out with 4 cups of water each day? The itching remained, although it was better. But maybe any liquid would have the same results? I don't know, I guess only time will tell of the peroxide made any lasting difference.
BlackLilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:20 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member
 
Jonika's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: somewhere under the stars
Posts: 471
Gallery: Jonika
Stats: 128/118
WOE: Candida diet, Alkaline diet, Atkins
Start Date: 8/13/2013
Hi BlackLIlah

Yes, I am in the same situation (period), haha and I want to see what happens after my period ends. A nurse practitioner did a swap on Thursday and she didn't see any infection...but that doesn't mean I have won just yet. My skin is still inflamed - which, according to her, can be a result of using Tee Tree Oil (I used Yeast Arrest suppositories for a few days prior to the Ob/gyn visit). By the way, Yeast Arrest works great for Candida Albicans...maybe you could try it, even during your period. They have Yeast Arrest at Amazon.com.
Right now, miraculously, I don't feel any itching or burning. I feel very much alive again, but I am not jumping up and down from happiness yet because I want to wait for my period to end first. I will see my doc again at the end of August.

So, so far so good with the help of 600 mg boric acid...Let's see if it lasts.

If the peroxide douches didn't work, I think you will be able to find out during your period (you know what I mean?)

Do you keep your peroxide in the freezer?
Jonika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 04:58 PM   #86
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 26
Gallery: BlackLilah
Stats: 137/125/125
Start Date: June 5, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonika View Post
Hi BlackLIlah

Yes, I am in the same situation (period), haha and I want to see what happens after my period ends. A nurse practitioner did a swap on Thursday and she didn't see any infection...but that doesn't mean I have won just yet. My skin is still inflamed - which, according to her, can be a result of using Tee Tree Oil (I used Yeast Arrest suppositories for a few days prior to the Ob/gyn visit). By the way, Yeast Arrest works great for Candida Albicans...maybe you could try it, even during your period. They have Yeast Arrest at Amazon.com.
Right now, miraculously, I don't feel any itching or burning. I feel very much alive again, but I am not jumping up and down from happiness yet because I want to wait for my period to end first. I will see my doc again at the end of August.

So, so far so good with the help of 600 mg boric acid...Let's see if it lasts.

If the peroxide douches didn't work, I think you will be able to find out during your period (you know what I mean?)

Do you keep your peroxide in the freezer?
Well, that's good news for you! There is a quote from Thich Nhat Hanh..."When I have a toothache, I discover that not having a toothache is a wonderful thing".

Yes, I keep my peroxide in the freezer. I want to take some with me when I fly home in a couple of weeks, and am a little nervous about putting it in my suitcase. When you ordered it online, did it come packaged in any special way, or just regular mail?
BlackLilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:56 PM   #87
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 5
Gallery: zackman
Stats: 233/220/180
WOE: Atkins
New...

I'm new to the board and just trying to get some credible information on systemic candida, looks like I came to the right place. I've had a myriad of symptoms ever since I went on a prolonged dose of antibiotics for a strange case of adult acne that I had back in 2002, when I was 31. I was on the antibiotics (don't recall which one) for a good 4 months before the issue was resolved, but shortly after I stopped taking them, I developed a host of frightening and unexplained symptoms. Muscle fasciculations, severe muscle fatigue, pain, lightheadedness (not vertigo) and just feeling like I had the flu, CSF/Fibro stuff. At first I thought I might have contracted something very serious like ALS or MS, but neuro tests (including EMG/MRI) were all normal. It should also be noted that I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease when I was maybe 2 or 3, but the diagnostic testing back then was not like it is today, my understanding is that it was a simple process of elimination.

I've battled these symptoms off and on for nearly 10 years now with no answers. All the doctors I've seen are convinced I am a severe hypochondriac and simply need antidepressants and anxiety medication although it's hard to blame them, every test I've ever had has came back normal with the exception of some mild to moderate spinal issues. At any rate, I am really hoping this is the answer but it doesn't seem as simple as just changing your diet. My diet right now is definitely not good, I work a lot and consume way too many carbs, my menue would give some of you nightmares for months! Symptoms are too numerous to list in full, mainly, GI issues, skin problems and CSF/Fibro.

I am however, fully commited to change but I don't no where to begin, it's pretty obvious that doctors are not willing to accept systemic candida as a true disorder, disease or whatever! That being said, I guess I shouldn't expect any help from the medical community. Has anyone here had any success with doctors? I've seen some of Dr. Whiting's Youtube videos but I hate to buy into that without getting more information.

I'm looking for help getting started, any thoughts, questions or input would be greatly appreciated!

Zack
zackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:50 PM   #88
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 26
Gallery: BlackLilah
Stats: 137/125/125
Start Date: June 5, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by zackman View Post
I'm new to the board and just trying to get some credible information on systemic candida, looks like I came to the right place. I've had a myriad of symptoms ever since I went on a prolonged dose of antibiotics for a strange case of adult acne that I had back in 2002, when I was 31. I was on the antibiotics (don't recall which one) for a good 4 months before the issue was resolved, but shortly after I stopped taking them, I developed a host of frightening and unexplained symptoms. Muscle fasciculations, severe muscle fatigue, pain, lightheadedness (not vertigo) and just feeling like I had the flu, CSF/Fibro stuff. At first I thought I might have contracted something very serious like ALS or MS, but neuro tests (including EMG/MRI) were all normal. It should also be noted that I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease when I was maybe 2 or 3, but the diagnostic testing back then was not like it is today, my understanding is that it was a simple process of elimination.

I've battled these symptoms off and on for nearly 10 years now with no answers. All the doctors I've seen are convinced I am a severe hypochondriac and simply need antidepressants and anxiety medication although it's hard to blame them, every test I've ever had has came back normal with the exception of some mild to moderate spinal issues. At any rate, I am really hoping this is the answer but it doesn't seem as simple as just changing your diet. My diet right now is definitely not good, I work a lot and consume way too many carbs, my menue would give some of you nightmares for months! Symptoms are too numerous to list in full, mainly, GI issues, skin problems and CSF/Fibro.

I am however, fully commited to change but I don't no where to begin, it's pretty obvious that doctors are not willing to accept systemic candida as a true disorder, disease or whatever! That being said, I guess I shouldn't expect any help from the medical community. Has anyone here had any success with doctors? I've seen some of Dr. Whiting's Youtube videos but I hate to buy into that without getting more information.

I'm looking for help getting started, any thoughts, questions or input would be greatly appreciated!

Zack
I felt the same way, kept getting good health reports from doctors, but knew that there had to be one thing that could explain all my symptoms. I also did MS tests and all the other blood/hormone, gastro tests I could think of and were available to me, and I kept being told nothing was wrong with me. But, in my 30's, I kept going to doctors cause something was definately wrong...everything felt wrong. My symptoms were depression/brain fog, GI problems, gynocological issues, and fibro type all over pain (and other candida symptoms, tongue coating, etc, thankfully no skin symptoms).

My recommendation:
1)do a good cleanse, to jump start new eating habits, get a good start on cleaning out your gut
2) add some of the basic antifungals (coconut oil, oil of oregano, pau de'arco, apple cider vinegar, garlic)
3) change your diet (no sugars!). its hard, but we've all done it. once you get through the initial phase, it does get easier, the cravings do go away somewhat.
4) do some colonics. this actually moves out yeast pockets from your intestinal tract.
5) add some strong pro-biotics.

This is what I've been doing for nearly 3 months, and I can def see a noticable difference.
BlackLilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:06 PM   #89
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 5
Gallery: zackman
Stats: 233/220/180
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLilah View Post
I felt the same way, kept getting good health reports from doctors, but knew that there had to be one thing that could explain all my symptoms. I also did MS tests and all the other blood/hormone, gastro tests I could think of and were available to me, and I kept being told nothing was wrong with me. But, in my 30's, I kept going to doctors cause something was definately wrong...everything felt wrong. My symptoms were depression/brain fog, GI problems, gynocological issues, and fibro type all over pain (and other candida symptoms, tongue coating, etc, thankfully no skin symptoms).

My recommendation:
1)do a good cleanse, to jump start new eating habits, get a good start on cleaning out your gut
2) add some of the basic antifungals (coconut oil, oil of oregano, pau de'arco, apple cider vinegar, garlic)
3) change your diet (no sugars!). its hard, but we've all done it. once you get through the initial phase, it does get easier, the cravings do go away somewhat.
4) do some colonics. this actually moves out yeast pockets from your intestinal tract.
5) add some strong pro-biotics.

This is what I've been doing for nearly 3 months, and I can def see a noticable difference.
Thanks very much! It's a shame that doctors are not willing to recognize this, if it's as common as I've read, billions of dollars per year could be saved not to mention the needless suffering that so many endure.

I went ahead and ordered the items you mentioned, the basic antifungals, but how would I go about doing a cleanse?

Do abrupt diet changes cause any severe flare-ups? I am going on a vacation in a week and certainly don't want to go through a period of feeling worse than I do now.

Although not recently, I've had numerous occasions where my tongue was completely coated, white, green, yellow. My doctor told me to see a dentist if I was worried!

Thanks again for your help!!
zackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:25 PM   #90
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 26
Gallery: BlackLilah
Stats: 137/125/125
Start Date: June 5, 2011
Cleanse

When I did the cleanse it was pretty intense. I don;t normally eat a lot of sweets, but I do normally eat tons of carbs, a lot of processed foods, and a lot of alcohol ( I own a bar & restaurant).

I did a pretty major cleanse, but I took 3 months off to deal with my issues. I did a cleanse called Health Force, which is bentonite clay which cleanses out your system, along with a lot of colon & liver cleansing stuff, and a lot of green shakes and probiotics. And a vegan diet. I did the actual cleanse for two weeks, and it was intense, I was pretty sick as stuff worked its way out of me, major kidney pain, fever symptoms- I can't imagine working while I was doing this. I would definately wait till you come back from vacation. I am still using some of the products, the intenstinal pills and the green shakes, they have everything in it, along with the highest doses of probiotics I have seen.

There are so many different diets and cleanses out there- I wanted to really clean my system out (I have major not-going-to-the-bathroom issues going on) and from what I understand from all the info out there, if your organs aren't able to process properly, all the probiotics and antifungals you might take will not be effective. Someone I know who has similar health issues did this cleanse and recommended it to me. The basic candida diet is pretty strict, and I believe that a specific diet or cleanse breaks some of the immediate cravings, once these things are out of your system, the cravings do reside somewhat (but a lot of it is will power too). For me, this cleanse was a good starting point.
BlackLilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:55 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.