Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2011, 11:03 AM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 19, 2011
I just put a glob in my mouth, let it melt and swallow. It took a little to get used to the feel, but I like it
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2011, 12:48 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TamTam34
Stats: 170/136/130 5'5
WOE: low carb
Start Date: Feb 6, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by janetsbreeze View Post
I just put a glob in my mouth, let it melt and swallow. It took a little to get used to the feel, but I like it
hehehe.. I know what your saying!!
TamTam34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:58 PM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bhappy
Stats: 147/135/130
Start Date: June 2009
TamTam - I put a small glass bowl in the microwave by itself to heat it and then let the heat of the bowl melt the EVCO and I think it goes down much easier as a liquid and then you aren't microwaving the EVCO. Also, I found if I chase it with a carbonated water (LaCroix) it helps take out any residual oil feeling in my mouth. I used the EVCO on my little one's bottoms and it took care of any diaper rash they had.
bhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:49 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TamTam34
Stats: 170/136/130 5'5
WOE: low carb
Start Date: Feb 6, 2011
Thanks bhappy!
TamTam34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:09 PM   #35
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mcd50s
Stats: 177/157.5/135
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamTam34 View Post
Hi guys! I got my CO yesterday! helps alot with the diaper rash! I give her a little in her bottle, and rub it on her butt. How do you guys take it? it feels like lard in my mouth...very weird! do you guys melt it first? It tastes yummy though!
I put a little in my coffee, I like the coating it puts on my lips (which are suffering right now).
mcd50s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 01:53 PM   #36
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RayStar
I am so glad I have read some of the info in this thread. Yeast problems have been awful for me this past year.
RayStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:26 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Location: North Central West Virginia- as close to PA as you can get without actually being there
Gallery: A_New_Day
Stats: 204/180/140
Start Date: February 2011
how I use coconut oil

I love to scramble eggs in coconut oil - it's really delicious! I even put CO in my coffee with heavy cream, it's so good. I tried to eat it by itself off the spoon - was good at first, but after time, I couldn't do it anymore.
A_New_Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:31 AM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: stardustshadow
Stats: 248.6/163/150
WOE: VLC/IF
Start Date: July 5th 2010 (Atkins)
Maybe some of you can help me!

I was just reading my Atkins book and came across the section on Candida. Let me give you by background. I'd like an opinion as to whether yeast could be a problem for me.

My long term background:

I have suffered from depression since my early teen years. I was treated with antidepressants until a couple months ago (this has gotten SO much better on low carb!)

1.5 years ago I contracted Campylobacter, a food borne bacteria that attacks the flora of the intestines. It can be a serious illness, causing paralysis even! I was VERY sick and ended up in the hospital. This condition was 'cured' with anitbiotics. The duration of the illness was 2.5 weeks (A very long time to be sick with this). It was a very, very painful 2.5 weeks!

After the campylobacter, my stomach was not the same. I had problems with bloating and gas all the time. I would lie down to sleep and have burping problems and bloating all night long! I had terrible acid reflux as well. The doctors just said 'irritable bowel, nothing you can do about it'.

At the end of May last year, I was diagnosed with diabetes. I started eating low carb soon after, and switched to Atkins in July because general low carbing did not produce a weight loss. Many of my symptoms disappeared or got significantly better on low carb.

The gas and bloating went away as did the acid reflux. However, a few months ago I began to suffer from constipation followed by diarrhea. For example, I have diarrhea now that has been going on for over 2 weeks. Pepto bismol does not help, nor does immodium AD, or changes in diet. My stomach is constantly bubbling and gurgling and it is very uncomfortable!!

My weight loss has been very slow as well post induction.

I was reading all about candida and apparently since I am diabetic I am more prone to infection.

I have several other candida symptoms, but they are so broad that they could be from anything!

What do you all think? I am miserable with my current stomach problems and I just can't figure out where they are coming from!

If it could be candida, what can I do to stop it? What can cause a 'die off'?

Thanks for your help!
Old 03-10-2011, 04:28 PM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Star73
Stats: 238/220/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: 10/01/2012
I've been reading the original candida thread here and it seems most people benefit from CO and oil of oregano. I'm already using CO but I'm thinking of buying some oil of oregano capsules. Oh and you should take a probiotic. I know candida is my main problem. I crave sweets and I have a typical yeast rash on my upper arms. I also have a white coated tongue and I failed the saliva test. Yep, yeasty beasty here hahaha!
Star73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:00 AM   #40
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JennMM
Hi everyone, this is a great forum and very informational. I'm trying to decide what steps I need to take if any to address a possible yeast problem. My naturopath doctor did a test for me that showed I have a significant overgrowth of some bad bacteria, a significant loss of some good bacteria, and a some mild yeast showed up on a scale of mild to severe.

I'm currently taking 10 drops grapefruit seed extract, a 10 million probiotic, an FOS prebiotic, and glutamine all twice a day. I also have 2 tbsp of raw ACV once a day and have for a while, just because I like it.

I'm not sure if I need to be doing something more, like cutting back on carbs, etc. I did the home saliva/water test and didn't notice any of the signs in the first 5-30 min. But did about an hour later. I have celiac disease and mulitple other food allergies and I'm hypothyroid.

I guess I'm wondering: Do I have a yeast problem? Thanks for your thoughts!
JennMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:33 AM   #41
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JaneyDoll
can someone answer my questions please.....

We started taking Organic ACV with mother, and organic CO starting with teaspoons and now take 2 TBS. A few days after starting the CO oil and ACV I had diarrhea, but more like muddy murky water. I didn't have cramps or anything besides diarrhea up to 4-5 times a day and have continued for 3 weeks now. At times I get rumblings and gurgling which has only started since starting ACV/CO. IS THIS DIE OFF?

Also, I get horrible horrible headaches when I am anywhere near secondhand smoke to the point that I end up crying from how it just wipes me out within minutes. It makes my neck and shoulders so sore to even touch. Well the past 2 days I began getting a similar headache but have NOT been around smoke. CAN THIS BE DIE OFF?

I ran out of CO and ACV a few days ago and ordered more, but for the past 2 days I have gone sugar free and only meat, fat and veggies. i am still getting the muddy murky water diarrhea but NOT the gurgling as much. Am I still dieing off even without the ACV/CO? Can you just die off from just not feeding the yeast? Is it ok for the diarrhea to last constantly for 3 weeks now?
JaneyDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:39 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jonika
Stats: 128/118
WOE: Candida diet, Alkaline diet, Atkins
Start Date: 8/13/2013
JaneyDoll
some people experience soft stool after eating fat. So, your symptoms may not be die-off, just a reaction to increased intake of fat. Try to compensate it with more fiber - like flax seed or psyllium husk. Also, get probiotics meant for large intestine (bifidobacterium strains)
Jonika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:09 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

What is your opinion on Erythritol? Do you think it does/doesn't influence Candida growth??

I've tried to find some info about this matter on the Internet, but opinions vary or claim that it doesn't cause overgrowth...

I don't know. I use it for baking along with Stevia...Erythiritol doesn't cause me any digestive distress...but, I have no idea whether I am sabotaging myself as far as candida diet is concerned.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:24 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Hi all, I am still working my way through the old thread, only on like page 17, lordy. I have learned alot, but have a couple questions. I failed the spit test, and I also took the candida questionairre on line and its like 214 (SEVERE)... no surprise here.. anyway... I went and bought Oil of Oregano, and I got ACV with mother, and I got a good probiotic... here are my questions.
1. I am on antibiotics now. Should I start all these things now or wait?
2. Should I start them all at once??
3. How do I get the CO in?? I use it when I fry eggs, etc, but I dont think I can just eat it, and I dont think I would like it in my coffee... so how do I get in 3-4 TBSP a day??
4. Can we have coconut flour?
5. I read we can use stevia right? Stevia in the Raw okay? Truvia? And/or can we use xylitol and/or Erythritol?

Thanks for any help here.
catjrow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:30 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JazzleBug
Stats: 235.7 | 216.8 | 135 @ 5'6"
WOE: HCG/Primal Blueprint/Leptin Reset
Start Date: 4/6/12
Cathy!

I'm here, too, though only on page 7 of the last yeast thread. Took the same test she (Cathy) did and got a really bad number. I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis (hypo) and from my reading, the connection makes a lot of sense.

Am reading through The Diet Cure's info on candida, am ordering some Oil of Oregano, and already have started on the probiotics (Udo's) and ACV (Braggs). Want to start on VCO, but am currently doing hCG, which is a temporary low fat protocol. It's the only thing that has worked for weight loss, so I'm not willing to give up the protocol, as I still have 80 to lose. I may see if I can work small bits of VCO in, though...some are successful with it.

Anyway, wish I had something useful to add to the discussion here, but I'm still a baby and learning in this.
JazzleBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:45 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Selahgal
WOE: Healthy LCHF
Start Date: To Be Determined
Just marking a spot to keep up with the thread ... good stuff and I'm learning alot!!
Selahgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:28 PM   #47
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Becca777
I'm so very glad to have found this link. I have been fighting candida fairly aggressively for over two weeks now. I couldn't find any Organic ACV in my area and was just in a nearby city today and got 2 bottles of Bragg ACV with the Mother, I cant wait to start on that. I've been taking garlic capsules, putting CO in my coffee each morning and taking Accidophilus pills. I've totally cut out sugar and fruits from my diet and doing a pretty good job of low carbing, though I sometimess "miss it" like last night when DH wanted to go to Sonic. I've also been taking Monistat.

Anyway, I think I've been fighting this "issue" aggressively, however, I haven't been having the horrible "die-off" symptoms I read about. Okay, I want to have some symptoms so I'll know that this is working . I've had chronic sinusitus and neck & back pain lately but that isn't unusual for me as I've always suffered with such. I guess I should be happy that I'm not sick but how can I be sure if this is working. Is there something that I'm missing?
Becca777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:59 PM   #48
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: skyblue
A Protocol that Works

Hello, Becca.

I'm glad you found the forum, there's a lot of great information here, and you can know that you can always ask questions, and somebody will be able to answer them for you.

I'm going to be honest with you; I simply couldn't cure my case of Candida until I stopped making mistakes with the diet. It was that simple.

I also stopped trying to kill off all the Candida in my system without changing the terrain which caused the infestation in the first place. If the environment is not changed, itís just going to be hundreds of times more difficult to get rid of it, if not totally impossible.

Once you get Ďreally' serious about the diet and completely stop making mistakes like you did with the Sonic, the quicker youíll cure yourself.

Look at it this way: you are trying to starve the Candida out of your system with the diet, if youíre trying to starve something into non-existence, whatís the last thing you would think of doing? Feeding it, right? Well last night you fed the Candida in your body, thus keeping it alive and thriving for a longer period of time.

I can't make anyone do exactly as I did to be rid of Candida, all I can do is to explain that I contracted Candida last November, almost eight months ago. Just about eight weeks ago I started the protocol that I'm going to show you, and for about three weeks now I've experienced absolutly no Candida reactions, my digestive system is the best it's been in years, and every single day I feel like a million dollars. I'm happy to be alive and I'm looking forward to a happy, healthy, long and busy future enjoying my health.

So the following are the rules that I've lived by for eight weeks, take it for what you think it's worth.
First and foremost, my theme was and still is;
ALL Forms of Simple Carbohydrates Feed Yeast and Candida and Will Prolong the Life of the Candida and Therefore Extend your Treatment Period.

Get rid of the sugar products, ALL of the sugar - and that includes pasta and starchy vegetables like potatoes, sweet peas, squash, and carrots. These turn into sugar in your body and will feed the Candida.

Donít eat dairy products, not even a bite or a drink, and that includes cheese. Cooking and eating without butter was a major problem for me as I've depended on it so much for taste in the past. Discovering and puchasing somethng called "ghee" was one of the most fortunate finds I've made in the past seven months.

No white or wheat flour. If you want baked goods in your diet, purchase coconut flour. You can find dozens of recipes for coconut flour on the Internet.

ALWAYS DRINK PLENTY OF WATER ... And don't forget the salt, drinking more water than normal can cause you to deplete your body of sodium if you're not obtaining enough salt with meals. Do some research on iodine as well, as you will likely need to supplement this since it's not added to pure sea salt.

Unless you eat just a salad, youíre going to have to get used to eating at home, itís the only way. And trust me, if I did it, anyone on earth can.

Stop eating out of cans if this is what you're doing. Purchase and eat all fresh vegetables, and lots of them.

A lot of us, including myself, had to leave red meat alone; my system simply couldn't tolerate it during the worse periods of the Candida infestation, and for some reason it also caused me to experience Candida reactions.

For your protein depend on lots of organic eggs, chicken and fish. Sardines are a great choice for fish as they are young fish and havenít had time to obtain mercury in their bodies.

Donít consume regular Mortonís table salt. It contains Dextrose which is a sugar, and it will feed the Candida. Purchase Celtic or Himalayan sea salt.

This also includes being careful with the toothpaste you use, most of the brands, if not all, contain the type of sugar alcohol which can feed the Candida. You can use a bit of baking soda for brushing your teeth if you want to. The best mouth wash is half and half water and Hydrogen Peroxide. Donít swallow it.

You can experiment with different sugar substitutes if you choose to, but it might save you money and time if you try something called Truvia or pure Stevia Extract first. For many Candida sufferers, these are the only sugars that will not cause Candida reactions.

Don't purchase a bunch of antifungals; doing this will end up costing you a fortune. One or two good ones will do. Oil of oregano and garlic bulbs are two of the best out there, and cheap compared to lots of others. Start slow on either of these as they can cause severe die-off symptoms.

No matter what you hear or read in your research or on a forum or the Internet, don't waste your money on digestive enzymes unless you know exactly what you are doing. You can very well cause a lot more harm than good as far as the Candida is concerned by consuming the wrong enzymes. Iím talking about the fact that you can actually feed the Candida with certain enzymes once they are broken down in your body.

A much better choice than purchasing pure enzymes is something called "Grape Bitters." These bitters stimulate the body to release its own digestive enzymes, which is always a better and healthier way for your body to obtain exactly what it needs instead of making a guess as to what you think it needs.
If you decide to go with the Grape Bitters, you DO NOT need to take a teaspoon full as the instructions normally say. Take about a half dropper full instead, this is more than enough to do the job.

This is VERY important: Take a good probiotic, and I donít mean the acidophilus sitting on the shelf, Iím talking about a good probiotic that has to be kept refrigerated in the store. Also eat plenty of the flora-feeding foods such as fiber-rich vegetables, kefir, and Organic Greek Plain Yogurt to keep the good bacteria alive. You can eat tons of this yogurt for your snacks. Truvia added to a bowl and/or blueberries (if you can tolerate these) will significantly help the bland taste. Taking the probiotic and then allowing the good bacteria to die in your body is a total waste of money.

The main thing to remember is that you can do this; don't ever forget that fact.

Good luck, Sky
skyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:57 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dollface#10
I followed the yeast diet for a couple weeks and felt very good after the die off. My problem with it is I gained wt. Maybe I will try it again and stick with it longer. Thanks
dollface#10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:09 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Location: Formerly state of Hopelessness...now... Land of HOPE
Gallery: Soon2Bthinner
Stats: 2much/ 2day /2be
Start Date: June 23, 2011
Hi... I am a new retread to LCF. I just found this thread. I was reading a post on the first page by Margot 65 back when this thread began. Here is her quote...

"really the only thing that has helped (knock on wood) get rid of my rash has been to go super low carb and add CO to my diet.

If any one is interested, and has a yeast rash (under their breast or elsewhere in their body folds) let me know. Mine went OUT OF CONTROL a few weeks ago, and I think it was maybe the last dying breaths of it (I hope...) I bit the bullet and ordered a cream off of the internet from Australia on a whim, and it is the very first thing I have ever put on it that made it not only stop itching and eating my skin, but within a week the rash is freaking GONE!!"

What is this cream she ordered off the Internet from Australia?
Can anyone help me find how to order this cream and to find Margot 65 to ask her other questions.? Thanks
Soon2Bthinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:39 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 81/75/64 kilos
WOE: atkins
Start Date: January 2001
Been a while

Greetings all.
I was on this board in 1999 and 2000 and a bit after, then I stepped sideways, started uni, and found a cure for dyshidrosis.
What?
On Atkins, and I was strictly Atkins, God rest his soul, I had the first remission in 20 odd years of my skin rash, the internet was just becoming widespread and the first thing I did was AltaVista skin rashes, then at Uni I got to access medical papers, and found out that vitamin A was used in treatments, I devised a protocol, and found a cure. I have had clear hands since 2008.
I now believe I had candidasis. I had IBS and the rash and was fat. I am still fat...ish, but no IBS and No rash.
How many people with suspected candidasis have a rash on their hands and/or feet that is:
1. very itchy
2. has minute bubbles (vesicles)
3. peels
4. may be seasonal
5. never heals
6. doctors give steroids and it spreads.

Anybody been to Dr Ron Kennedy? in Santa Rosa CA.

And the cream from Australia is probly something with teatree oil in it.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:48 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

The best for a rash is Nystatin cream. It will kill it for good. The best thing you can do is to go to your doc, tell him what's going on, and ask him to give you a prescription. It costs about $1.24. Tee tree oil, and similar herbal remedies don't work for me - they are simply too weak. Medical strength antifungals work the best.

Last edited by Jonika; 06-23-2011 at 08:50 PM..
Old 06-24-2011, 01:02 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kattbelly
carolthecatlover, I live in Santa Rosa and am curious as to why you've asked if anyone has been to see Dr. Kennedy. What does he do?
Kattbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:32 PM   #54

Gallery: BlackLilah
Stats: 137/125/125
Start Date: June 5, 2011
Vaginal Yeast Infections

This is what began my research into what was wrong with my body & mind, vaginal yeast infections that won't go away. Then I started reading other candida symptoms and knew I found an explanation.

So I did a cleanse, and am following a yeast-free diet. I feel so much better, in almost every aspect, except....the vaginal yeast infections. Everytime I go to the doctor they give me Diaflucan, which has never helped.... I have never found anything that helped.

I'm currently taking: OOO, CO, Pau D'Arco, GSE, ACV. Does anyone have any other recommendations? Suuplements, medication, cream, anything? I am getting desperate here, I can't stand it, the itching and discomfort, the fact that its always there.... help me save my sex life!
BlackLilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 05:41 AM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Star73
Stats: 238/220/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: 10/01/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLilah View Post
This is what began my research into what was wrong with my body & mind, vaginal yeast infections that won't go away. Then I started reading other candida symptoms and knew I found an explanation.

So I did a cleanse, and am following a yeast-free diet. I feel so much better, in almost every aspect, except....the vaginal yeast infections. Everytime I go to the doctor they give me Diaflucan, which has never helped.... I have never found anything that helped.

I'm currently taking: OOO, CO, Pau D'Arco, GSE, ACV. Does anyone have any other recommendations? Suuplements, medication, cream, anything? I am getting desperate here, I can't stand it, the itching and discomfort, the fact that its always there.... help me save my sex life!
Are you positive it's yeast? Years ago I thought I was having yeast infections because of similar problems you are having and it turned out I was irritated from soaps I was using. I can't use strong smelling soaps and even some liquid soaps will irritate me. I can only use Ivory, Dial, or Dove.

If you ARE having yeast infections and aren't pregnant then you might tree tea oil. I believe you can even buy this in suppository form at a health food store but I could be wrong. I have never tried it personally but I've read where it helps.
Star73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 05:41 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Lilah, welcome to the club. I have the very same problem. I've tried everything. Nothing works. The only thing that seems to affect this problem is not having any periods (no jumping hormones). I was without a period for about a 9 months last year thanks to one Pill I had been taking for acne and just like that, YI vanished! And I ate potatoes, sweets, real chocolate, ice cream... As soon as I got my periods back though, YI came back too.

I am so sorry that you have to suffer like this too. I wish you the best of luck with the supplements. I hope they will work for you; they do absolutely nothing for me. In your case, it's worth the try. Keep taking them for two months at least.

Listen, I am using a nystatin cream to get rid of itching and burning. My doctor gave it to me because I asked her for something "universal and strong". This cream contains anti-itch medication Triamcinolone as well as Nystatin 100 000 units. Go get it! or you'll get depressed! And being depressed for real is no fun at all. Spend the money and get the cream (it cost me 2 dollars). It will give you "space" and time to treat yourself internally.

What also works very well is boric acid. Boric acid disinfects which means it kills everything: bacteria and yeast. Use it for 2 weeks straight and keep taking probiotics. You can get it (capsules as well) on Amazon.

One last thing: buy FemDophillus by Jarrow (pink box). It's specifically made for women - it contains strains of Lactobacillus that inhabit the environment down there. These probiotics "cured" many women. Give it a shot.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:48 AM   #57
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bhappy
Stats: 147/135/130
Start Date: June 2009
vaginal yeast infections

Hi Lilah - you are not alone!.....unfortunately. Here are a couple things to try:
1- put 3 garlic cloves in a blender with 3-4 cups of water and ****** with it. I haven't done this one but plan on soon.

2 - Cut a clove of garlic in half and use a needle and thread to attach a string to each piece and then tie strings together. Insert into vagina at bedtime and remove in the morning. Then insert an Acidophilus probiotic capsule vaginally in the morning. Repeat for a week....maybe longer? I have done this and it does help with the symptoms.

3 - you can make this spray to apply to the vulva, perineal region to help with symptoms: 1/2 teaspoon of equal parts garlic, echinacea myrrh and calendula in 8 oz squirt bottle and then fill with water.

And as you have read, you've got to starve the candida in order for all this to help. I hope this helps!
Good luck
bhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:41 PM   #58

Gallery: BlackLilah
Stats: 137/125/125
Start Date: June 5, 2011
Diaflucan & other methods

Whenever I go to see a gyno, they say oh, yeast infection, and prescribe Diaflucan. They never know what to do when I tell them it won't go away, and that the pill only makes it slightly better for a short while.

I'm about to renew my prescription, just to help with the symptoms (why bother going to see a doc again?), and was wondering if it was ok to take Diaflucan often? This is the one-pill method. I've seen mentioned that there are different ways to take them, lower dosages over several months. Has anyone ever done that?
BlackLilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:37 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Yes, I have done that. I took:either 200mg every 3 days for about 2 weeks, or I took 100mg every day for 5 days. Once, I even took 100mg every 3 days for about 2 months. It cured me when I had Candida Albicans, but it only eased the symptoms when I had Candida Glabrata. Actually, I am still dealing with Candida Glabrata (it's been 4 months so far). It's a super resistant yeast. Diflucan and all"-azole"s won't cure it.

Can you change your doctor? It looks like yours doesn't give a s*** about your condition. Is it a woman or a man? Definitely have a culture done - you need to know what type/strain of Candida you are actually dealing with. Your doc takes a sample and sends it into a lab. It takes about 3 weeks to get results, but it's worth it.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:38 PM   #60
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Becca777
Lilah, I too suffered with the chronic vaginal yeast infections, I did the supplements but couldn't stick to the diet. However, through much research I found some info on a product that works and guess what IT WORKS!!!! I have not had any YI symptoms "down there" for over 5 days now!!!

Hydrogen peroxide - kills yeast and of course the good bacteria too but it kills the yeast and the bad bacteria - I douched with it 2 nights in a row and then broke apart 2 acidophilus capsules mixed with water and douched with that to get the "good" bacteria in there.

Anyway no symptoms whatsoever since day 2 of douching with hydrogen peroxide.
Becca777 is offline   Reply With Quote