Old 03-26-2014, 01:46 AM   #301
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cabrioluvr
Stats: 18/12/6
WOE: Atkins!
Start Date: 03/2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolethecatlover View Post
I am studying a condition called 'dyshidrosis', and IBS is always a side effect, in fact, it is allergy to a dermatophyte, and if you have IBS, that dermatophyte is Mycelial Candida. You need 28 days of 2million units of sugarfree Nystatin in suspension. After that, 20,000 iu of vitamin A daily for 90 days. don't get pregnant, take with a fatty meal. Spead it in over the day (ie, a 5,000 iu capsule 4 times a day).
I'm running at 94% cure for dyshidrosis with this protocol, 51 patients out of 54 cured. And all those with IBS have had this cured as a side effect.
Atkins/Paleo diet really helps.

Are you a physician?
cabrioluvr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2014, 12:55 AM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 81/75/64 kilos
WOE: atkins
Start Date: January 2001
No, not a doctor doctor,

A podiatrist, we see more of this 'allergy to dermatophytes'
it happens when people have tinea, foot fungi. The secret was to find why they got this rash without having the tinea.....it turned out to be the morphed form of Candida most of the time. This has confusing names: Non-disseminated Candidiasis and polysystemic Candidiasis. A lot of MD refuse to believe you can have this without having HIV. But you can, and the inciting factor is hormones and steroids. Puberty, Pregnancy, the Pill, Perimenopause and pumping iron for guys, quite apart from steroids and immune suppressants which seem to give Candida a leg up, and cause it to morph. Let me know any questions you have.
First writing on my MacBook Air! Carole
Old 03-29-2014, 05:05 PM   #303
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Has anyone tried colloidal silver?
Old 03-31-2014, 09:51 AM   #304
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: poe2you
severe itching

I hope I can get through this..
My dr. put me on nystatin along with probiotics.. I started the nystatin on Wednesday and now have severe itching so bad i can't even sleep..
He 500,000 units 2 twice a day.. He told me to stop the nystatin and said he only had one other patient who had itching.. really? he thinks its a reaction to nystatin... but could it be die off?

How do i stop the itching... especially under my arms...
thanks, sharon
poe2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:56 PM   #305
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Missmariah
So many questions...

Going to try and make this short and sweet...

I've been following LC diet since July 2013, lost 20 pounds but have been stalled since October! This has been a lifestyle change for me, however, I'm not perfect...I drink once in a while, I have tortilla chips sometimes, I've had bread only 2 times since maybe x-mas...

I really only have about another 10 pounds to go to get to where I am comfortable (still considered overweight). I honestly have never felt better, headaches are gone, my gas and bloat is virtually gone but I read a thread about this yeast issue. I have no idea if this is my problem or not. I did do the spit test and from what I understand my spit showed that I do have a yeast problem. I also read a thread that listed about 50 different symptoms and I had several of them. But not the rash, vaginal issues, things like that...mine are internal...anyway...

So does having this yeast issue cause you to stall? What foods exactly am I supposed to be avoiding, cheese, nuts, vinegar? What dairy products exactly?

I want to also raise the question of multivitamins. I suppose everyone is different when it comes to this. My friend always stalls when she starts taking a multi. I'm a big vitamin and herb taker. I've have recently just stopped all of them because honestly I'm a complete loss for why I have stalled.

I am at a pretty loyal 20-25 carbs per day, drink tons of water...If anyone else I know changed theirs eating habits like I have they would have dropped tons of pounds...guess I should say that I started at 195 now 175...
Missmariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:37 AM   #306
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

If you only have another 10 lbs. to lose it sounds like it's more about the weight loss slowing down because you don't have much to lose and maybe not Candida?

Having Candida can cause a stall or a stop to weight loss. You are supposed to avoid all dairy, all nuts, all vinegars (except Apple Cider Vinegar with the Mother), caffeine, mushrooms. There's actually a lot to avoid if you're really trying to beat this.

Maybe also post your questions in the Main Board and see what kind of responses you get - I'm thinking it's not a yeast but again maybe just down to the last few pounds of weight loss which is supposed to be really slow anyway.

Hope this helps!
Old 06-02-2014, 07:17 AM   #307
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: dixiegal
WOE: LC JUDDD 1888/378
Start Date: 7/7/14 JUDDD
Jumping right in here. I have been off low carb for a few years now and feeling terrible because of it.

A bit of history. Back in 1982 after the birth of my first child I started getting sick my first symptoms where panic attacks and fingernail fungus. Kept going to docs insisting they where somehow connected but nobody would listen.

For the next 15 years I kept getting sicker and sicker and still no answers. Doctors kept wanting to put me on anti depressants, I kept telling them the only reason I was depressed was because I was so sick. During those years I had so many strange symptoms and millions of tests ran. Sometimes during this I started having pain and in my late 30's was dx with fibromyalgia and cfs.

In 05 I discovered low carbing and gradually started to feel better, still had pain but nowhere near like it was. During this time I started developing all over itch, it got to the point where I had to start taking zertec daily. If I skipped 2 days the itch was terrible it was even in my eyes and ears.

In 09 I added CO and many vitamins to my daily routine and gradually got even better. Though I did have months of unexplained rashes that looked like huge welps, I still couldn't go without zertec.

Sometimes in 1-12 I fell off the wagon and gained a lot of weight and got sicker and sicker and that's where I'm at now. My pain is so severe I can barely move. I know I have candida and I suspect thyroid issues even though my doctors don't agree. I gave them 30 some years to figure it out now I'm taking matters into my own hands.

I have finally quit smoking with the help of e-cigs and my game plan right now is low carbing of course and I've added CO and DE to my daily routine, a teaspoon each and plan to work up. After I get them both up and a larger dose I plan on adding oil of oregano and ACV to the mix.
9/1 201
10/1.....
My 7 favorite little people call me Granny Kimmy but you can call me Kim.
dixiegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 04:48 PM   #308
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lo-carbin-in-Pgh
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: October 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegal View Post
Jumping right in here. I have been off low carb for a few years now and feeling terrible because of it.

A bit of history. Back in 1982 after the birth of my first child I started getting sick my first symptoms where panic attacks and fingernail fungus. Kept going to docs insisting they where somehow connected but nobody would listen.

For the next 15 years I kept getting sicker and sicker and still no answers. Doctors kept wanting to put me on anti depressants, I kept telling them the only reason I was depressed was because I was so sick. During those years I had so many strange symptoms and millions of tests ran. Sometimes during this I started having pain and in my late 30's was dx with fibromyalgia and cfs.

In 05 I discovered low carbing and gradually started to feel better, still had pain but nowhere near like it was. During this time I started developing all over itch, it got to the point where I had to start taking zertec daily. If I skipped 2 days the itch was terrible it was even in my eyes and ears.

In 09 I added CO and many vitamins to my daily routine and gradually got even better. Though I did have months of unexplained rashes that looked like huge welps, I still couldn't go without zertec.

Sometimes in 1-12 I fell off the wagon and gained a lot of weight and got sicker and sicker and that's where I'm at now. My pain is so severe I can barely move. I know I have candida and I suspect thyroid issues even though my doctors don't agree. I gave them 30 some years to figure it out now I'm taking matters into my own hands.

I have finally quit smoking with the help of e-cigs and my game plan right now is low carbing of course and I've added CO and DE to my daily routine, a teaspoon each and plan to work up. After I get them both up and a larger dose I plan on adding oil of oregano and ACV to the mix.
I battled it for 22 years. It all started when I went on the pill at 18. The pill causes an imbalance of flora and starts young women on a horrible path. I tell anyone on it to take a probiotic every day! I could never find a doctor to help, and everyone I mentioned it to was so rude to me. One allergist (because I too got hives so bad) even told me that patients like me who read a book and self-diagnose are so irritating to doctors!! Then he proceeded to do a skin-test for candida which was beyond positive. He just kept looking at the test results and shoving them back in my file. He wouldn't even address it!

I eventually read in The Candida/Yeast Guidebook that when you can't get rid of it, it could be because you have an underlying infection. Then I couldn't find a doctor to test for one. Finally I did and it turned out I had Epstein Barr. Looking back, I was horribly tired around age 19 but never thought I had mono. Obviously I did, and the stats say 15% of people who get it don't get rid of it. It just lies dormant and flares up when the immune system is suppressed. My body was always fighting it and couldn't stay focused on the candida. I took meds for both and in 3 months was done! I had spent a fortune on supplements over the years, but they couldn't help permanently because of the underlying infection.

Your story reminds me of mine. Just wanted to give you something different to consider with the underlying infection possibility.

You might find a doctor here Directory Just make sure it's actually a doctor who can order labs and write prescriptions, not a chiropractor who will do more of what you've already tried.

Hope you beat it. I did 4 years ago and have felt wonderful ever since
Reached goal 1/05 - 130 lbs
Starting again 5/31/14 - 152 lbs
Today I'm 144
lo-carbin-in-Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 05:28 PM   #309
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lo-carbin-in-Pgh
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: October 2000
Here's a better place to find a doctor: Worldhealth.net: Anti-Aging Medicine and Advanced Preventative Health
lo-carbin-in-Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote