Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Candida and Yeast
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2010, 07:54 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jennilyn76
Stats: 209/183.8/150
Candida coming out in you p**p?

I've seen pictures where the dead yeast comes out in stringy like things in your poop. Does everyone get that when they are detoxing? I haven't had any yet so I'm wondering if the yeast is actually coming out of me or what.

I've been on the diet for 4 weeks now, taking OoO, ACV, EVCO & garlic pills but not consistently. I mean, I take at least 2 anti-fungals a day, but not on rotation or anything.
Jennilyn76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2010, 08:14 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: porcupine73
Stats: 208/152/150, male 5'9", 39 y/o
WOE: Cure Tooth Decay, no snacks,slow burn weights+HIIT
Start Date: January 2010
Oh that explanation about the stringy stuff explains a lot. I was having some problems with that for a number of years but had no idea what it was. Sometimes I would start coughing and that kind of stringy thing would come up to. Then took a cycle of diflucan 200mg/day for a few weeks which helped, but then later took some antibiotics and started having issues again. Now I have been taking oregeno oil capsules with lunch and dinner and also olive leaf extract which seems to have remedied the issue and is keeping it at bay.
porcupine73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:30 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

It's actually a good thing that the stringy stuff is coming out. That means the dead yeast is leaving your body! I'm not sure if it'd come out when you coughed something up though since it usually lives in the intestines.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:35 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: brandyxoxo25
Stats: 295/290/195
WOE: Eating for a healthy LC Pregnancy!
Start Date: 11/09/2010
OH. MY. GOSH.!!! Thank you for this thread!! HAhahahahahaha!! THis explains soooooooo much!! I have been doing detox for a week and a half and for like the past 4 days whenever I use the bathroom I have noticed my bowl movements look like they do when I eat alot of collard greens or spinach. Lol! I kept thinking this was weird because I have bee doing mostly just meat and egg. Now I know!!!!!!! WOOT!!! The detox is working!! Woohoo!! Lol! Who would have thought I could tell by my poop! Hahaha! Thank you!
brandyxoxo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:38 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: brandyxoxo25
Stats: 295/290/195
WOE: Eating for a healthy LC Pregnancy!
Start Date: 11/09/2010
Oh hey! since you have been doing the detox for about 4wks now Jennilyn, did you start losing weight right away? I have been doing VLC and Candida detox religiously including quitting smoking and caffeine for over a week and have actually gained 2lbs! Ugh! ANy ideas on when my body will adjust and start losing?
brandyxoxo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:25 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

I lost 5lbs the first week, then 4lbs, 2.8lbs and 1.8lbs. I'm not eating that much though as nothing appeals to me I know that when you "starve" the body, your weight loss gets less and less unless your intake starts getting less too, which I definitely can't do any less than I already do! So I guess I might just stop losing weight soon.

I'm worried though because I haven't had the stringy stuff in my poop. The main symptom that I want to go away, itchiness, is still here so I'm wondering if I'm even doing the diet properly! I can't see my ND until he gets back form vacation on the 20th. I hope the almost 2 months I've done the diet before he gets back isn't a waste (not health-wise but getting rid of Candida-wise). He said I could have fruit, so I have a serving every second day in a smoothie. He also said I can have brown rice and brown rice pasta so I have that every few days and the tomato sauce I bought has a bit of soybean oil in it and I drink boxed almond milk. But other than those things, I am eating very clean (as far as I can tell). I just want the itchiness to go away!

{My health blog}
Old 07-01-2010, 12:20 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cleome
Stats: 230/184/130
WOE: Metformin+LowCarb/HypothyroidHealth
Start Date: September 2009
A little Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennilyn76 View Post
I've seen pictures where the dead yeast comes out in stringy like things in your poop. Does everyone get that when they are detoxing? I haven't had any yet so I'm wondering if the yeast is actually coming out of me or what.
The stringy stuff is mucus, a natural product of human bodies. Mucus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: In the digestive system, mucus is used as a lubricant for materials which must pass over membranes, e.g., food passing down the esophagus. A layer of mucus along the inner walls of the stomach is vital to protect the cell linings of that organ from the highly acidic environment within it.

Yeast/Candida is a single celled organism, and Candida grows in white-colored patches or colonies. Not strings.

Here is more info from Dr. Weil: Concerned About Candidiasis? (Bold is added by Cleome)

A book called "The Yeast Connection" by Dr. William Crook popularized the hypothesis that Candida is a major pathogen that can weaken the immune system, allowing other infections to occur. Dr. Crook also contends that toxins produced by Candida could contribute to the development of multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis and other autoimmune disorders.

There is little hard evidence for these ideas. Diagnoses of systemic candidiasis usually have no scientific basis, and most of the recommended treatments for it waste time and money.

Anyone with yeast growing in the blood or vital organs would be critically ill in an intensive care unit. Despite this medical reality, systemic candidiasis remains a popular diagnosis in some segments of the alternative medicine community.
cleome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:37 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bhappy
Stats: 147/135/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 2009
hmmmmm....a little more science

Well, candida has been cultured from many "stringy" vaginal secretions and seen with cytology. So, I wonder if this has been shown in the "stringy" secretions from the digestive system. It certainly has been cultured in many stool cultures. Mucous is the result of the body's immune response to something.....different types of infection, allergies, etc. I've had an increased amount of mucous in my lungs for years that only went away when I started starving and killing the Candida. My pulmonologist as well as many other mainstream doctors do believe that if you had candida in vital body organs you would be very ill; much like in AIDS or chemotherapy patients. However, one of the doctors I have seen, trained with Dr. Andrew Weil and he absolutely believes that candida can cause many of these problems we all experience. Also, there is a medical journal paper that discusses Chronic Mucocutaneous Candidiasis as an autosomal recessive trait related to a mutation in the AIRE gene.....so it seems there may be more to this than just a history of antibiotics, steroids, birth control pills, etc, etc...
bhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:49 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cleome
Stats: 230/184/130
WOE: Metformin+LowCarb/HypothyroidHealth
Start Date: September 2009
Even more science

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhappy View Post
Well, candida has been cultured from many "stringy" vaginal secretions and seen with cytology.
This is true.

Quote:
So, I wonder if this has been shown in the "stringy" secretions from the digestive system.
It is reasonable to assume that Candida could be cultured from this.

But Candida in mucus only provides support for Candida being present in the mucus.
Until there is more evidence, all we know is that the mucus was secreted for some other reason, not necessarily because of the Candida.

Quote:
It certainly has been cultured in many stool cultures.

This is true.

Quote:
Mucous is the result of the body's immune response to something.....different types of infection, allergies, etc.

This is true.

Quote:
I've had an increased amount of mucous in my lungs for years that only went away when I started starving and killing the Candida.

Maybe this is true, but until there is evidence presented this statement is an unproven hypothesis.
We can take as true that your mucus level has decreased.
But it is a leap to assume that this was due to "starving and killing the Candida".

There are many other possibilities.
Just to give a few examples:

1. Maybe you were allergic to wheat.
Eliminating wheat from your diet would decrease the mucus.

2. Maybe you were allergic to a household chemical.
Getting rid of that chemical would decrease the mucus.

3. Maybe you had a chronic viral infection.
Getting over the virus would decrease the mucus.

We won't know without more evidence.

Quote:
My pulmonologist as well as many other mainstream doctors do believe that if you had candida in vital body organs you would be very ill; much like in AIDS or chemotherapy patients.

This is true.

Quote:
However, one of the doctors I have seen, trained with Dr. Andrew Weil and he absolutely believes that candida can cause many of these problems we all experience.
BELIEF is not science. A person could have trained with Marie Curie and postdoced with Albert Einstein -- it does not turn their beliefs into science.

Scientific method - Wikipedia: "To be termed scientific, a method of inquiry must be based on gathering observable, empirical and measurable evidence subject to specific principles of reasoning. A scientific method consists of the collection of data through observation and experimentation, and the formulation and testing of hypotheses."

Quote:
Also, there is a medical journal paper that discusses Chronic Mucocutaneous Candidiasis as an autosomal recessive trait related to a mutation in the AIRE gene.....
This is interesting, I'd like to see the source.

Quote:
so it seems there may be more to this than just a history of antibiotics, steroids, birth control pills, etc, etc...
This is true. There is much, much more to learn about the amazing and complex ecosystems that we each are in possession of.
I'm just trying steer the discussion to scientifically-based reasoning.
cleome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:40 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

But still, I'm just wondering if because I don't have it in my poop, does that mean it's NOT dying off? Simple question...I'm not trying to argue if Candida is real or not.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:03 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Carleigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennilyn76 View Post
But still, I'm just wondering if because I don't have it in my poop, does that mean it's NOT dying off? Simple question...I'm not trying to argue if Candida is real or not.
I think you can have die-off without passing stringy stuff. I think it's probably not even an extremely common symptom honestly - just as some people start up an anti-candida protocol and have few die-off symtpoms while others of us feel on death's door!
Carleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:27 PM   #12
Junior LCF Member

I didn't really have much die-off either...most of what I was/am feeling is because I'm not eating enough probably.