Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Candida and Yeast
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2009, 02:31 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Mackenzie
WOE: Lower Carb
Start Date: Restart 9/13/05
Can drinking wine cause yeast infections?

I have auto-immune issues and I just got another yeast infection. I have a rash under the breast, starting in the groin, and under the abdomen. My Dad had tinea versicolar and my Mom has pemphigus and thrush. I guess I'm doomed??? I'm reading about yeast infections and I'm wondering if drinking wine can aggravate or cause this condition?

TIA
Mackenzie
Mackenzie is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2009, 02:37 PM   #2

I forgot to add that I called my doctor and she gave me a prescription for fluconazole 150mg. tablet..........only one tablet! Is that enough to kill this infection? I also have lotrimin cream to use.

Any advice on what foods to avoid would be appreciated. Is it true that yogurt is good to eat when you have yeast infections? Sorry for so many questions......I'm just miserable with this.........That ticklish itch under my breast is driving me crazy......
Old 01-04-2009, 06:06 PM   #3

I was hoping to get some advice from this board. I have limited computer time and I haven't had time to go through all the candida yeast infection posts. I was hoping to get direct information and help through my post. I've seen 11 people have viewed my message but no one has responded.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:48 PM   #4

Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
The wine didn't cause it, but it sure is feeding the yeast and aggravating It.

Can yogurt help? Can just one pill help. No.

I'll save you a little time.

DIET (Don't feed the yeast)
ANTIFUNGALS (To kill most of the yeast)
PROBIOTICS (To replace the good bacteria you need).

There is no magic pill. You have to do those 3 things and do them slowly so you don't have major "Die off" effects (Feeling very sick from the toxins of the yeast and the battle in the gut).

Taking a pill, might kill some yeast, but they come right back because of poor diet (diets that feed the yeasts).

Just eating yogurt, isn't going to make any major changes on it's on.

It truly is a 3 part thing and must be done slowly.

You have to take your time, read, research and then implement it.

It won't happen over night. It won't happen in a week. It takes months and even years for some people.

It all depends on how bad it is and how long it has gone on for.
Tooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:00 PM   #5

Thanks for your response Tooter! What would you advise me to do? I appreciate all and any help...........You mentioned diet.......not to feed the yeast..........what foods should I avoid? Antifungals.............are there any over the counter stuff I can buy at a drugstore or health food store? What exactly are probiotics? Thanks in advance.........I'm anxious to get rid of this...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
The wine didn't cause it, but it sure is feeding the yeast and aggravating It.

Can yogurt help? Can just one pill help. No.

I'll save you a little time.

DIET (Don't feed the yeast)
ANTIFUNGALS (To kill most of the yeast)
PROBIOTICS (To replace the good bacteria you need).

There is no magic pill. You have to do those 3 things and do them slowly so you don't have major "Die off" effects (Feeling very sick from the toxins of the yeast and the battle in the gut).

Taking a pill, might kill some yeast, but they come right back because of poor diet (diets that feed the yeasts).

Just eating yogurt, isn't going to make any major changes on it's on.

It truly is a 3 part thing and must be done slowly.

You have to take your time, read, research and then implement it.

It won't happen over night. It won't happen in a week. It takes months and even years for some people.

It all depends on how bad it is and how long it has gone on for.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:11 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ceccarp
Stats: 401/365/200 Saw dr on 1/15/09 & back to 400 ugh!
WOE: Anti-candida
Start Date: 12/31/2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackenzie View Post
I forgot to add that I called my doctor and she gave me a prescription for fluconazole 150mg. tablet..........only one tablet! Is that enough to kill this infection? I also have lotrimin cream to use.

Any advice on what foods to avoid would be appreciated. Is it true that yogurt is good to eat when you have yeast infections? Sorry for so many questions......I'm just miserable with this.........That ticklish itch under my breast is driving me crazy......
[COLOR="Purple"]Hi, Mackenzie. I'm sorry you haven't gotten a reply yet. Usually we're a talkative bunch.

Yes, wine aggravates yeast problems because the chief thing that makes wine Wine is yeast. Yeast feeds yeast. And any residual sugar in the wine feeds the yeast, too. So wine drinkers get double the "fun" [subtle irony there] when they drink. The same is true with any alcoholic beverage.

Oh, gotta love Doctors. Reminds me of when my last doc put me on two 1000 mg tabs of amoxicillin, twice a day, for 10 days after being on IV anti-biotics in the hospital for Cellulitus in my left leg. It gave me my first ever vaginal yeast infection. So I told him and he prescribed me 1 tab of Diflucan. Idiots!!

I understand what you're going through with the itching. I'm very overweight and have an overhanging belly. When I get yeast in that fold all the scratching in the world cannot stop that itch. I've tried many things, including Gold Bond Medicated Powder, but the only thing that helps is watching my diet and getting the proper supplements.

After reading one of the threads here, the one thing I can recommend is to keep the area clean. When I don't get a chance to shower right away my itching seems to get worse. Try a mild solution of Apple Cider Vinegar, about 1 teaspoon of it in a half cup of water; enough to smell a little like vinegar, but not enough to sting. And this ACV but not the kind from the Vinegar Aisle at your local supermarket. You'll want the kind with the "Mother" still in it that has sediment in the bottom and looks all cloudy if you shake it up. This will bring the pH of your skin to normal levels.

Then, if you have some Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, slather some on and then cover it with a clean washcloth or towel that you ran though hot water. The combination of moist heat helps the coconut oil get into the pores and it will feel less greasy.

If you haven't got coconut oil then try any anti-fungal cream. Though Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is better.

Yogurt, if you eat the plain stuff, is good at helping replenish the good bacteria in your system. But the main thing is getting your diet under control. There are a few things you'll have to eliminate right off the bat, wine being number 1.

If you haven't read any of the threads, I would recommend doing so, especially the Let's talk....YEAST/CANDIDA!! thread. It's long, over 1300 posts, and it will take you days to get through, but there's a lot of good information in there on diet, anti-fungals, pro-biotics, and supplements. I'd tell you here, but it would be a looooong post.

Good luck and let us know what happens.[/COLOR]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...G2D/weight.png

Last edited by ceccarp; 01-04-2009 at 07:13 PM.. Reason: clarification
ceccarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackenzie View Post
Thanks for your response Tooter! What would you advise me to do? I appreciate all and any help...........You mentioned diet.......not to feed the yeast..........what foods should I avoid? Antifungals.............are there any over the counter stuff I can buy at a drugstore or health food store? What exactly are probiotics? Thanks in advance.........I'm anxious to get rid of this...........
This thread is a great starting point (and it's small).
The Anti-Candida Protocol Starting Point

You've been a member on here for awhile, so you know about low carb.

Have you been following low carb at all?

I think you should start out one step at a time. Ditch the Wine and start out with Atkins induction. Just start out with that. Get that under your belt.
Remember Induction flu? Pretty much, we think that is "die off".

So...once you are into your low carb diet and things are going pretty good, you can start anti-fungals (Those are in the thread I gave you a link to). This will cause some more "Die off symptoms".

Once you get used to that...and the yeast numbers are down, you can add in probiotics.

Take it one step at a time. Keep reading and keep asking questions.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:19 PM   #8

Oh, I didn't answer your other questions. You actually can find a lot of the supplements (and at a great price) at Wal-mart in the supplement/vitamin section. They even have Jars of Virgin coconut oil there.

Health food stores have a bigger selection.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:15 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bhambabe
Stats: R4P3 91 pounds released
WOE: Dr. Simeon's Protocol HHCG
Start Date: Started 7/21/09
Clean and dry the area then you can use desitin cream it works wonderful but only will help skin problem .

For getting rid of yeast in your body is something you may need to work on most of your life as yeast will come back very easy, if the diet has carbs and sugars in it .

Hear is a link that is very good. I went to his office in Canada years ago . The doctor is famous in his field and helped me get started on my journey to get rid of yeast .

Now one can order products on the web and read his plan for the diet ,which can very some depending on the book you read for ridding yeast from your diet plan . His is the best I know of. I wish you good health .
Janeann Wild Rose College and Wholistic Clinic
Bhambabe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:36 AM   #10

Thank you so much everyone! That sucks about the wine... but it will be worth it to get rid of this yeast monster! I will have more time today to read the posts you all recommended. I'm also going to head to our local health food store and pick up some extra virgin coconut oil and the Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar.

I haven't been following the low carb diet too strictly. I use splenda and I'm not a bread eater. I guess I better get back on track!

Thanks again!
Old 10-16-2010, 10:51 PM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: whitewitch
Hi i seem to have problems such as yours!! exacally>>> have had strange rashes under breast 2 x never knew what that was>> and now i have yeast like trush from drinks LOTS of wine!!! and stomache bloating etc>> want to keep in touch>> cause it seems as if yu are a step ahead of me in knowlege of this stuff>>?? and symptoms>> i am trying to research all the best yeast busters and proboitics>> but the pills are very harsh on the liver and i have bad liver from drinking>> so for now>> not sure what to do>> I hope you get well and i try and follow>> thanks for your time this is to Mackenzie

Last edited by whitewitch; 10-16-2010 at 10:55 PM.. Reason: directing to certain person
whitewitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:12 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Erin57
Stats: 220/150/145 5'9"
WOE: Moderate Carb/IF
Start Date: April 2010
I struggled with a rash under my breasts for years. It would get very painful and the skin would actually turn sort of shiny with big bumps. Drove me nuts at night trying to go to sleep. Even after avoiding sugar, wine and moldy foods like peanuts and mushrooms it was still bad. I tried many creams, powders, etc. losing weight has helped a lot as my chest is much smaller. Good bras are expensive and I did tend to not wash them as often as I should. I started hand washing them in very hot water to ensure that I was killing the yeast in them and rotating them, not wearing the same for days like I had been.

The main thing that has helped for me is avoiding the sweat!! Since going through menopause I sweat under my breasts a lot. Once it starts it is hard to stop. Yeast loves the dark damp places. My walking buddies at work know that if it is over 70 degrees outside I will not join them. If I sweat in my bra I get it off ASAP and wash really well. Until my body cools down I will continue to sweat there. It is not unusual in the heat of summer to see me standing over the air conditioner vent sans bra, trying to cool off the under side of the girls. I also remove my bra first thing when I get in the house.

I do miss the look of the DD’s but if I had my choice I would love to just be flat chested and wear band aids.
Erin57 is online now   Reply With Quote