Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2008, 03:54 PM   #211
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prozak View Post
Did you know Xylitol has supposed collagen building properties?

OMG we will be like the Bionic Woman when we are done.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2008, 04:48 PM   #212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Kris T.
Stats: Was 140 now 106 currently
WOE: Over the sink!
Start Date: 2003
Why did I just not see this thread? Spit test tomorrow a.m. for me.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:54 PM   #213

Gallery: Su11
Stats: Total loss- 65 (since Sept 05)
WOE: General lower carb- fructose limited
Subscribing.

This is a great thread!
Old 09-17-2008, 04:56 PM   #214

Gallery: fawn
Kisha baby, you're in the bay area! Look for coconut milk at an asian grocer or if you're ever in Berkeley, go to the Berkeley Bowl.

Unfortunately, TJ's only carries light coconut milk....fat is taken out and stabilizers are added.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:00 PM   #215

Gallery: fawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisabinil View Post
She is taking nutrition classes at Bauman. You can Google nutrition classes to see if they are offered in your area or check for online ones.
Thanks Lisa.

baumancollege dot org

You can take distance learning courses. My mentor is a naturapathic Doc so I love to pick her brain. I'm also pretty close to a campus so I hang there too.

Hey girls, have we talked about Grapefruitseed extract yet? GSE?? that stuff is harsh but good. I had my DH on it for a fungal ear infection (that I attribute to yeast but he's still in denial)
Old 09-17-2008, 05:08 PM   #216

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
I want to know this too. I'm clueless as to where to look and what to look for.
Usually in the Asian foods of your grocer near the soy sauces.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:17 PM   #217
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: stephster0203
Stats: 224/182/140
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 1-17-08
Okay. What is Fage?
Old 09-17-2008, 06:31 PM   #218

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephster0203 View Post
Okay. What is Fage?
Greek yogurt you can Google it for their website.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:53 PM   #219
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kaydee
Stats: 140/135.5/115
WOE: Atkins
For those of you that are regularly eating coconut oil and/or ACV, do you now pass the spit test? I failed it this morning.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:37 PM   #220

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawn View Post
Thanks Lisa.

baumancollege dot org

You can take distance learning courses. My mentor is a naturapathic Doc so I love to pick her brain. I'm also pretty close to a campus so I hang there too.

Hey girls, have we talked about Grapefruitseed extract yet? GSE?? that stuff is harsh but good. I had my DH on it for a fungal ear infection (that I attribute to yeast but he's still in denial)
I've been reading about it (Just that it's a supplement for it) but I don't know much about it. Can I PICK your brains about it? Harsh, meaning...A lot of die off?
Old 09-17-2008, 07:38 PM   #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisabinil View Post
Usually in the Asian foods of your grocer near the soy sauces.
Thank you, Lisa.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:39 PM   #222

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydee View Post
For those of you that are regularly eating coconut oil and/or ACV, do you now pass the spit test? I failed it this morning.
There's really no point. It takes awhile to get this under control. It doesn't happen over night.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:56 PM   #223
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Margot 65
Oooooh, grapefruit seed extract is a great disinfectant!

Moms, if your baby gets a yeast diaper rash, put a few drops in the wash with the diapers to kill the fungus. It should also be used on clothing (bras/panties) if you suffer from yeast rashes, at least until the yeast is cleared up.

It can be used mixed in a spray bottle in the laundry for those items.. and also diluted well to clean any areas where a fungal rash may be on the body.

I found this (I never thought to take it orally...)

Systemic yeast: take 15 drops in 8 ounces of water or juice to get rid of yeast in the body. Be warned GSE has a bitter and unpleasant aftertaste. Always dilute well before ingesting.

Vaginitis caused by yeast: women can take GSE orally (as described above) and/or apply it externally as a wash. Instead of soap, GSE in combination with tea tree oil washes the delicate area so that a woman’s delicate pH balance is not disturbed. Place 4 drops of tea tree oil and 3 drops of GSE on a wash cloth. Soak cloth liberally with water. Apply to area as a safe and effective cleanser.

Grapefruit seed extract is a strong yet natural disinfectant which can greatly improve anyone's collection of personal care products.

There is WAY more here, this stuff looks like another gret addition to ANY home

Grapefruit Seed Extract: Natural Cleanser Disinfects Items & Treats Common Skin Conditions
Old 09-17-2008, 08:02 PM   #224
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kaydee
Stats: 140/135.5/115
Quote:
There's really no point. It takes awhile to get this under control. It doesn't happen over night.
Just wondering. Someone posted wondering about whether all spit would do this and it got me thinking.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:40 AM   #225
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Livywilltim-mom
Stats: 208/Jan 14/183/110
WOE: LC
Start Date: February 9, 2014
Good Morning!

I look forward to reading this thread so much

Quick thought...

DH has Crohn's and I am suspecting that he may have yeast issues as well. We talked alot about it last night. I would LOVE it if you have thoughts to share about this.

TIA

Peace
Old 09-18-2008, 04:49 AM   #226

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livywilltim-mom View Post
Good Morning!

I look forward to reading this thread so much

Quick thought...

DH has Crohn's and I am suspecting that he may have yeast issues as well. We talked alot about it last night. I would LOVE it if you have thoughts to share about this.

TIA

Peace
Oh YEAH!!! It's in my family and I actually was almost there (with Crohn's). My uncle (who has it very bad and so does his 2 sons) asked me if I had "no Pain" if I didn't eat. I told him...YES. He said, "Yep, you have Crohn's".

My Uncle and his sons went the conventional Medical route. They went down hill fast. They didn't change their diet or anything.

My Nephew was told he had IBS and possible Crohn's. It scared him because he knew of our family history. He talked to his Dad (My Brother) and he said the only one he knew that got control of it was me.

He called me, we talked about low carb and yeast and he joined this site and is doing great!

All you have to do is a search/google for "Candida and Crohn's" and a bunch of stuff will come up with it. Here are just a few.

Crohns Disease and Candida

Crohn's Disease linked with Candida ********************
Old 09-18-2008, 05:09 AM   #227

Well, no dairy (except Fage yogurt) and no nuts for me.

Just another "Thought" Here.

I think I had mentioned before, that I would make Coconut oil bark with peanut butter. I liked the taste of it much better then the bark made with Cocoa.

BUT... I noticed that I wasn't getting the results from it that I used to (when I made it with cocoa instead of peanut butter). Hmm...At first I just thought my body got used to the coconut oil. Now? I think it had to do with the peanut butter.

I'm going to do a little experiment today and make some with the Cocoa.

Boy, we do seem to Want/crave the very things that feed the yeast.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:33 AM   #228
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh Tooter, thanks so much! I am going to follow the links and send them to DH!!

Peace
Old 09-18-2008, 05:47 AM   #229
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Moving On
Stats: 154.5/changing/135
Start Date: July 2006
[COLOR="Purple"]Fawn (or anyone else who may know) ~ I have been looking for Grapefruit extract forever but I can only find Grape seed extract.....is it the same thing? [/COLOR]
Old 09-18-2008, 05:51 AM   #230

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyJ View Post
[COLOR="Purple"]Fawn (or anyone else who may know) ~ I have been looking for Grapefruit extract forever but I can only find Grape seed extract.....is it the same thing? [/COLOR]
No. One is from the seed of a grape (grape seed extract) and one is from the Seed of a Grapefruit (Grapefruit seed extract).

2 different fruits and seeds.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:54 AM   #231

I'm going to make a "run" to my healthfood store (it's 45 minutes away) and see if I can find the grapefruit seed extract.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:01 AM   #232
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tinatina
Stats: 223/187/130 5ft3.5in
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 2007
Quote:
I'm going to make a "run" to my healthfood store (it's 45 minutes away) and see if I can find the grapefruit seed extract.
you got a phone number, maybe you could call them first, so you don't waste a trip. (unless of course you are going for other things)
Old 09-18-2008, 06:05 AM   #233
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Moving On
Stats: 154.5/changing/135
Start Date: July 2006
Quote:
No. One is from the seed of a grape (grape seed extract) and one is from the Seed of a Grapefruit (Grapefruit seed extract).

2 different fruits and seeds.
[COLOR="Purple"] I know it sounded stupid because even *I* know that they are two different fruits, but I just find it really weird that my healthfood stores don't have it. Really....I'm only dyed blonde. [/COLOR]
Old 09-18-2008, 06:13 AM   #234

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXUKGal View Post
A while back i posted about palpitations that I was having on a regular basis. I upped my calcium and magnesium and eat potassium rich foods everyday. The palpitations went away but are now back from time to time.

Tonight we had a do at work and I caved and ate a sandwich (I haven't had bread in months) and granted it was on wheat bread but still. Now, 4 hours later, I'm still having a few palpitations but they were quite regular about 30 mins or less after eating the sandwich.

Could yeast be a culprit with my palpitations? Either in die off or a flare up of yeast?
I don't think anyone answered your question. I'm sorry.

The answer is yes.

----------

Die Off Symptoms

Die off symptoms can consist of almost anything, but the most common scenario is that you will have an exaggeration of whatever type of symptoms it is that you already experience. You may experience physical and/or psychological symptoms. Here are some of the most common symptoms of die off:

- brain fog
- poor concentration
- tightness in the chest
- HEART PALPITATIONS
- fatigue
- muscle and joint pain
- headaches
- sore throat
- anxiety
- depression
- irritability
- crankiness
- diarrhea
- sinusitis
- itching
- constipation
- gas and/or other gastrointestinal distress
- nausea
- intense cravings for sweets and carbohydrates
- cravings for alcohol
- you may even feel like you're drunk, because the yeast puts off alcohol.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:14 AM   #235

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyJ View Post
[COLOR="Purple"] I know it sounded stupid because even *I* know that they are two different fruits, but I just find it really weird that my healthfood stores don't have it. Really....I'm only dyed blonde. [/COLOR]

Well, really...Grapefruit is a stupid name. It's a fruit, but it certainly isn't a grape. Could they BE more confusing?
Old 09-18-2008, 06:15 AM   #236

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinatina View Post
you got a phone number, maybe you could call them first, so you don't waste a trip. (unless of course you are going for other things)
Yep, I need to go for some other things too.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:31 AM   #237
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kristin4
Stats: 260.8 /233/ 150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 8/9/08
Ok, day 3. I am still itching. My thrush was gone as of yesterday (I was dealing with it for over a week). Headache is gone too. I sure did pee a lot last night. Must of got up about 6 times in 8 hrs. Needless to say, I am tired!

I was wondering, I also stopped my centrum vitamin 3 days ago. I read somewhere that vitamins should be stopped until yeast is under control, then I read that they should be continued. I just figured I would stop a few days and see if it helps or if the thrush comes back when I start taking it again. Anyway, anyone know what I should do about the vitamin? It has extra B vitamins in it, which I need. It also has iron and I am always anemic. I was just wondering if the ACV, CO and oregano oil would work this fast, to cure thrush, I mean? Or if the thrush was caused by the vitamin.

Thanks, Kristin

260 259 258 257 256 255 254 253 252 251 250 249 248 247 246 245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234
[COLOR="Red"]233[/COLOR] 232 231 230
Old 09-18-2008, 07:02 AM   #238

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin4 View Post
Ok, day 3. I am still itching. My thrush was gone as of yesterday (I was dealing with it for over a week). Headache is gone too. I sure did pee a lot last night. Must of got up about 6 times in 8 hrs. Needless to say, I am tired!

I was wondering, I also stopped my centrum vitamin 3 days ago. I read somewhere that vitamins should be stopped until yeast is under control, then I read that they should be continued. I just figured I would stop a few days and see if it helps or if the thrush comes back when I start taking it again. Anyway, anyone know what I should do about the vitamin? It has extra B vitamins in it, which I need. It also has iron and I am always anemic. I was just wondering if the ACV, CO and oregano oil would work this fast, to cure thrush, I mean? Or if the thrush was caused by the vitamin.

Thanks, Kristin

It's not cured, it's just gotten under "Control" better. If you stopped everything, it would come back. That's why you have to "Keep at it".

I'm still taking my vitamins. Maybe Fawn or someone else would have the answer to this question.

I'm having "die off" from up'ing my protocol. Mainly tired and icky stomach.
The pain in my shoulder blades has left.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:17 AM   #239
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Kris T.
Stats: Was 140 now 106 currently
WOE: Over the sink!
Start Date: 2003
Well hmm. I failed the spit test, but I feel perfectly fine. I don't have any of the above-mentioned symptoms, I only did it out of curiousity.

I really am wondering if everyone's spit does this, or I really do have a problem? Kind of gross, sorry!

Guess more research is in order for me!

Kris

-editing to add..the spit didn't have tentacles..it was more a long blobby string and the entire thing went to the edge of the glass. It all stayed together, no cloudiness. Ok, that's really gross!!! I'm still undecided about whether this is accurate or not..

Last edited by Kris T.; 09-18-2008 at 07:30 AM..
Old 09-18-2008, 07:17 AM   #240
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh Tooter,
You just reminded me of something that I think is directly related to my ACV consumption.

I have a chronic neck injury from when I had my youngest child 7 years ago. When it flares up, I am in so much pain!! I was having an especially hard time last week...by day 3 of having 4 oz a day minimum of ACV...my neck felt 90% better. I still feel a twinge...but it is almost gone!

Hmmmmmmm

Now, if I could only get the inflammation in my knees to settle down! Do you think the ACV is working from the neck down??

Peace Mimi, we miss you
Closed Thread