Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Candida and Yeast
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2008, 01:47 PM   #181
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Margot 65
I gave up most cheeses and (I used to eat a LOT of) cream cheese.. so I could have my cream in my coffee and egg cream.

I might very well get rid of that too, now that I found this coconut milk and really think I can live with that as well... (it is surprisingly wonderful and I LOOOOVE my cream in my coffee more than the splenda..)

I know I have a gluten intolerance to a small degree, and gluten intolerance left unchecked can lead to a dairy intolerance as well.

I cannot wait for my book to get here.. I think this all ties together and is giving me goosebumps in anticipation of being yeast free!

On that note... this morning I woke up with itchy bumps on the back of my scalp (like little bug bites yeah I freaked out......) and I also had the itchiest ear I was up at 4am looking for a q-tip with no glasses on LOL

I am considering yeast now for hubby's baldness and night sweats.... he is only 30 and he is almost completely bald. He also has gastro issues and has all of his life.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2008, 01:54 PM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SLynnB
What a wealth of information in this thread. Found the statements about it becoming resistant to treatment interesting. Several years ago I learned on another low carb forum that if a rash cleared using hydrogen peroxide that it was a yeast rash (also learned about the test for yeast, which I did and had). Anyway, hydrogen peroxide no longer takes care of my rashes, which it did for a few years and very quickly also, quicker than the Nystatin cream.

No one has mentioned yogurt (I'm talking the plain stuff here, no sweetener or fruit additives). Would that be a good choice for probiotics (I do like my yogurt and flax cereal).

Had to stop myself from adding cheese to my lunch today. Seems like everything I really like I have to eliminate or drastically cut back on.

Would coconut oil be helpful on the yeast rashes?

Now to get my DH on board (he's the one who brings all of the sugar junk into the house). DD will be a little easier but still won't be happy. I do have them drinking 1 glass of my ACV concoction at night (so they should be getting at least 1 TBL a day). After reading all of these posts, I'm sure they both have yeast issues.

I take it that Coconut Oil is a good source of Vitamin D? Hubby was just tested and his vitamin D is low (this from the milk guzzler in our house). He was tested because of his headaches. He also has that itch that has been talked about.

Going to have us both do the yeast test tomorrow morning.

Sheryl
Old 09-17-2008, 02:01 PM   #183
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlynn9 View Post
What a wealth of information in this thread. Found the statements about it becoming resistant to treatment interesting. Several years ago I learned on another low carb forum that if a rash cleared using hydrogen peroxide that it was a yeast rash (also learned about the test for yeast, which I did and had). Anyway, hydrogen peroxide no longer takes care of my rashes, which it did for a few years and very quickly also, quicker than the Nystatin cream.

No one has mentioned yogurt (I'm talking the plain stuff here, no sweetener or fruit additives). Would that be a good choice for probiotics (I do like my yogurt and flax cereal).

Had to stop myself from adding cheese to my lunch today. Seems like everything I really like I have to eliminate or drastically cut back on.

Now to get my DH on board (he's the one who brings all of the sugar junk into the house). DD will be a little easier but still won't be happy. I do have them drinking 1 glass of my ACV concoction at night (so they should be getting at least 1 TBL a day). After reading all of these posts, I'm sure they both have yeast issues.

I take it that Coconut Oil is a good source of Vitamin D? Hubby was just tested and his vitamin D is low (this from the milk guzzler in our house). He was tested because of his headaches. He also has that itch that has been talked about.

Sheryl
Cod liver oil not coconut oil is rich in Vitamins A & D. I take prescription Vit D as my levels are low.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:09 PM   #184
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sheryl your hubby needs a good source of Vit D, and not a synthetic one (which the Doc will probably want to prescribe)

CO does not have this vitamin, and the only way we can make our own is to be outside in the sun 365 days a year or to take a cod liver oil. I recommend at minimum 2tsp of a good quality Cod Liver Oil (Carlson's is my brand of choice purely for the taste factor...).

Coconut oil will 'help' a yeast rash, but if it is in a place where you sweat, it won't help much at all.... you need something thick and creamy on it topically to keep ALL moisture out of it, as well as some boric acid. Antifungals are useless.

I found this cream last month, and after 13 years of battling this rash that drove me insane, I can say that after using it 2x a day for 2 weeks it is totally, 100% GONE (there is a scar from all the hydrocortisone I have used over the years....)

I am the world's biggest skeptic when it comes to these fungal rash creams, but this one is 100% effective and has a money back guarantee.

Breast Rashes - Treatment and Cures for Breast Rash

It comes form Australia and was here in less than a week and cots me less that $40 for enough to treat a hundred rashes!!

Yogurt is good, but to treat candida I would get some in pill form to get the best benefit.

Hope this helps!!
Old 09-17-2008, 02:10 PM   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeslim4life View Post
In case it was missed
She is taking nutrition classes at Bauman. You can Google nutrition classes to see if they are offered in your area or check for online ones.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:12 PM   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prozak View Post
Sheryl your hubby needs a good source of Vit D, and not a synthetic one (which the Doc will probably want to prescribe)

CO does not have this vitamin, and the only way we can make our own is to be outside in the sun 365 days a year or to take a cod liver oil. I recommend at minimum 2tsp of a good quality Cod Liver Oil (Carlson's is my brand of choice purely for the taste factor...).

Coconut oil will 'help' a yeast rash, but if it is in a place where you sweat, it won't help much at all.... you need something thick and creamy on it topically to keep ALL moisture out of it, as well as some boric acid. Antifungals are useless.

I found this cream last month, and after 13 years of battling this rash that drove me insane, I can say that after using it 2x a day for 2 weeks it is totally, 100% GONE (there is a scar from all the hydrocortisone I have used over the years....)

I am the world's biggest skeptic when it comes to these fungal rash creams, but this one is 100% effective and has a money back guarantee.

Breast Rashes - Treatment and Cures for Breast Rash

It comes form Australia and was here in less than a week and cots me less that $40 for enough to treat a hundred rashes!!

Yogurt is good, but to treat candida I would get some in pill form to get the best benefit.

Hope this helps!!

I am on the synthetic prescription one with no bad side effects. I have only found one naysaying article about this that is on the Weston Price site. I have talked to others who have taken this and my mother has also with no ill effects. Low levels for my test range is 20-30-I was at a 4. It was imperative to get my levels up so I could just function on a day to day basis and prevent heart problems.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:22 PM   #187
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What I have read is that most synthetic vit d is d2, and it is the d3 that we want.

Something to do with binding with protein poorly... but I will let Fawn take that one, she knows more.

Yours could very well be D3, I have no idea... but why not the real thing instead in either case? real is better IMO Also, there are no fears of getting too much vit A with the real stuff.

Why line any pharmaceutical pockets when we can get the real thing at the HFS?
Old 09-17-2008, 02:23 PM   #188
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: duece49424
Stats: 230 start 3/16/10..lifetime goal 150
WOE: low carb/healthylifestyle - struggling with binges
I can't even leave my computer or I can't keep up with all of you! I am so impressed that we have such an intelligent brain-storming group....

Yes, I am Raising my Hand....think amongst all this reading I figured out what has been going wrong with my diet. That is why the meat/egg diet works so well with me and I lose weight good...when I start adding a little cheese or veggies in I stall. I was tested for candida and it was positive and have a list from my doctor what to stay away from. He is a traditional and alternative dr....quite interesting. I have almost all these symptoms...but since on low carb - no bread, wheat, gluten etc., my daily headaches have gone away.... what a lot to think about!
Old 09-17-2008, 02:23 PM   #189

Quote:
What I have read is that most synthetic vit d is d2, and it is the d3 that we want.

Something to do with binding with protein poorly... but I will let Fawn take that one, she knows more.

Yours could very well be D3, I have no idea... but why not the real thing instead in either case? real is better IMO Also, there are no fears of getting too much vit A with the real stuff.

Why line any pharmaceutical pockets when we can get the real thing at the HFS?
I do take the CLO but also take my script. I literally was suffering from the severest symptoms of Vitamin D and you can also have a heart attack or develop heart problems from this. I needed help immediately-and it worked. I don't agree with everything about big Pharma but some meds are needed and necessary.

Last edited by lisabinil; 09-17-2008 at 02:24 PM..
Old 09-17-2008, 02:33 PM   #190

Gallery: Ilpirata
Quote:
Ok, Prozak...My mind is wondering again. I WONDER...if Yeast is the problem with people who Stall with cheese, cream etc?

So, how many of you stall with too much dairy, those who are reading this thread? *raising my hand* I do.
Thats what brought me here. (Lisa sent me). I don't have fatigue or headaches but I notice a correlation between eating dairy (esp cream cheese and cheese) and stalling. My weight loss has been EXTREMELY slow. Also, I have psoriasis (really mild) which I read can also be a symptom.

soooo, I'm doing the test tomorrow morning and if its positive I will start taking MORE CO and also ACV and probiotics.

I currently DO use ACV but its at most 2 TBS a day... not 4.

I'm also cutting out all cheese and peanuts!
Old 09-17-2008, 02:37 PM   #191

And now I want to ask Prozak or anyone else if you have a good online source for the unsweetened coconut cream and/or coconut milk?

Thanks so much you guys. I'm REALLY curious to see how that yeast test comes out tomorrow!
Old 09-17-2008, 02:42 PM   #192
aka fuelmanswife

Gallery: Beth1121
Stats: -20
WOE: VLC
Start Date: August 2010
Is the O'Hira that some of you have listed the same as Ohhira? I ordered supps today, and that was what pulled up when I searched "O'Hira." I'm switching because I've been talking GOL (Garden of Life) for quite some time, and I have read that you need to switch brands every now and then to keep your body from becoming immune to whatever kind you are using.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:43 PM   #193

Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilpirata View Post
Thats what brought me here. (Lisa sent me). I don't have fatigue or headaches but I notice a correlation between eating dairy (esp cream cheese and cheese) and stalling. My weight loss has been EXTREMELY slow. Also, I have psoriasis (really mild) which I read can also be a symptom.

soooo, I'm doing the test tomorrow morning and if its positive I will start taking MORE CO and also ACV and probiotics.

I currently DO use ACV but its at most 2 TBS a day... not 4.

I'm also cutting out all cheese and peanuts!
Ilpirata, not everyone will have the same symptoms. Seriously. The yeast and their toxins seem to go for the weakest points in our bodies, and those are all different.

Also, Symptoms switch over time. I NEVER get a female yeast infection.
Yes, there seems to be a connection with psoriasis and seborrhea etc...
Old 09-17-2008, 02:45 PM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilpirata View Post
And now I want to ask Prozak or anyone else if you have a good online source for the unsweetened coconut cream and/or coconut milk?

Thanks so much you guys. I'm REALLY curious to see how that yeast test comes out tomorrow!
I want to know this too. I'm clueless as to where to look and what to look for.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:46 PM   #195
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ilpirata:
Check your grocery store in the baking section next to the canned milks, or in the ethnic foods aisle.

Look for additives though and avoid those... I would check your health food store or trader joe's for an organic one. There are a lot of different brands around.

Also, I would not even bank it on the test.. I think most women in north america can assume they have a candida overgrowth unless they have been living under a rock (which sounds like a good option lately LOL)

I am officially out of heavy cream right now (one of my biggest fears.....) and was going to make my weekly trip to the grocery to buy another 4 liters (yeah I use a lot...) so now I am biting the bullet and going dairy free as of NOW. I will be using the coconut milk instead (the kid's get goat's milk anyway....)

Who is gonna start the dairy free challenge thread? IMAGONNA NEED ONE LOL
Old 09-17-2008, 02:48 PM   #196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
I want to know this too. I'm clueless as to where to look and what to look for.
there are so many different brands.. if I can get them in the middle of nowhere you guys should have no trouble.

Trader Joe's seems to be the place for you American's /jealousy

organic coconut milk - Google Image Search
Old 09-17-2008, 02:48 PM   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlynn9 View Post

Sheryl
Hi, Sheryl...I don't think anyone has answered your question about yogurt yet.

No, plain yogurt doesn't have enough probiotics in it to do what needs to be done. It's just a drop in the bucket. Don't get me wrong, I do eat Fage yogurt....But to re-colonize you need billions of the Good Bacteria. You aren't going to get that in "just" yogurt.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:52 PM   #198

Do you know what's so great about this thread, besides all the information?

It's nice not to be so "Alone" with this issue. I think that's why a lot of us fail to stay on top of it. We feel "alone" and get discouraged.

We are all in here sharing and helping each other. Keeping each other on top of things.

That is SOooooooooooo Awesome.

I just want to say "Thank you" to all of you!
Old 09-17-2008, 02:54 PM   #199

Quote:
Ilpirata:
Check your grocery store in the baking section next to the canned milks, or in the ethnic foods aisle.

Look for additives though and avoid those... I would check your health food store or trader joe's for an organic one. There are a lot of different brands around.

Also, I would not even bank it on the test.. I think most women in north america can assume they have a candida overgrowth unless they have been living under a rock (which sounds like a good option lately LOL)

I am officially out of heavy cream right now (one of my biggest fears.....) and was going to make my weekly trip to the grocery to buy another 4 liters (yeah I use a lot...) so now I am biting the bullet and going dairy free as of NOW. I will be using the coconut milk instead (the kid's get goat's milk anyway....)

Who is gonna start the dairy free challenge thread? IMAGONNA NEED ONE LOL
Can I still eat yogurt? If so...I am TOTALLY "In"!
Old 09-17-2008, 02:59 PM   #200
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Juliss
Stats: 155/153/110
Start Date: 05/14/06
Hello guys!! i have to agreed that this thread is wealth of information !!..i'm sure that i had yeas issues, cause im feeling so depressed and with a lot of swing moods, gaining weight, itchyness:blush:, abdomen pain! grr..i have appoitment with my OBGYN in 2 weeks, but i've been reading this thread and it soo helpfull, Thankss you so much!..
I was wondering, what probiotics do you take?? which one do you recommend??

Thanks again!! Have a nice day!
Old 09-17-2008, 03:01 PM   #201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I agree Tooter.. and another thing.

I believe in the power of attraction, and I believe I will attract like-minded people into my life if I am grateful for all the things I experience, good and bad.

I mentioned awhile back how I found a way to be grateful for my excess weight and ill health. I am thankful for it now, because if it were not for those struggles, I would never have started this amazing journey.

I have grown years since my first post back in (April??), and the things I have learned and the people I have met are beyond my wildest dreams.

I DO want to be thin.. but to be thin AND healthy is the ultimate better goal. I know a lot of sick and skinny people.. if I were eternally thin I would never in a billion years have considered low carb... let alone all the other things I have discovered along the way.

I am eternally grateful for my weight problem and all the gifts it is rewarding me with right now.... how crazy is THAT??

Old 09-17-2008, 03:03 PM   #202
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
Can I still eat yogurt? If so...I am TOTALLY "In"!
I believe that yogurt is an exception, if not we can make up our own rules and say it is!

As long as it is the real deal LOL
Old 09-17-2008, 03:04 PM   #203
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliss View Post
Hello guys!! i have to agreed that this thread is wealth of information !!..i'm sure that i had yeas issues, cause im feeling so depressed and with a lot of swing moods, gaining weight, itchyness:blush:, abdomen pain! grr..i have appoitment with my OBGYN in 2 weeks, but i've been reading this thread and it soo helpfull, Thankss you so much!..
I was wondering, what probiotics do you take?? which one do you recommend??

Thanks again!! Have a nice day!
Udo's makes a good one... ask at your health food store. Make sure it is kept in a fridge though, or it isn't what you want
Old 09-17-2008, 03:07 PM   #204

Quote:
I am eternally grateful for my weight problem and all the gifts it is rewarding me with right now.... how crazy is THAT??

I found unsweetened organic coconut cream at tropical traditions. I'll have to try to get the milk at TJ's. They also have "organic" cod liver oil and alot of other stuff like organic canned pumpkin and organic cocoa powder (SO Ordering the Cocoa Powder) OH, and a great looking organic with mother ACV that I am getting also

I think my plan for now is to still have my 1 fl oz of heavy cream in the a.m. coffee but have that be my total dairy for the day, up my CO gradually to 4TBS, start on the ACV and eat NO CHEESE and NO PEANUT Butter.

I'm going to give this plan four weeks to see what happens. I'm going to leave all the rest of my eating habits the same. I currently follow macros of 70% fat (or more) less than 5% carbs and the rest protein. I eat around 1800 calories a day right now.

I wouldn't mind a separate challenge thread... or we can keep in touch on this thread.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:10 PM   #205
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Juliss
Stats: 155/153/110
Start Date: 05/14/06
I read that yogurt helps a lot, but have to be PLAIN :S, cause the other one has sugar ..?
Old 09-17-2008, 03:16 PM   #206
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Juliss, yogurt is not going too help get rid of the yeast, but it is not going to hurt your progress and will help keep it at a minimum once the overgrowth is taken care of. Your best bet is to take the live probiotics that we get in pill form from the health food store.

But Yes, it MUST be sugar free, and have the acidophilus in it as well.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:25 PM   #207
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: TinaBina
WOE: L/C
This thread has been so informative, I just want to thank everyone! I hope I can get this under control.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:27 PM   #208

Quote:
I agree Tooter.. and another thing.

I believe in the power of attraction, and I believe I will attract like-minded people into my life if I am grateful for all the things I experience, good and bad.

I mentioned awhile back how I found a way to be grateful for my excess weight and ill health. I am thankful for it now, because if it were not for those struggles, I would never have started this amazing journey.

I have grown years since my first post back in (April??), and the things I have learned and the people I have met are beyond my wildest dreams.

I DO want to be thin.. but to be thin AND healthy is the ultimate better goal. I know a lot of sick and skinny people.. if I were eternally thin I would never in a billion years have considered low carb... let alone all the other things I have discovered along the way.

AMEN and AMEN!!!! A very beautiful post and I totally agree.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:29 PM   #209

Quote:
I believe that yogurt is an exception, if not we can make up our own rules and say it is!

As long as it is the real deal LOL
Yep, it's Plain Fage. Ok, I'm totally in!! I'm in a little hick town and they don't have to coconut milk, but I'm going to go shopping this week at a bigger town/city. I should be able to get it there. I'll also pick up some more Xylitol to sweeten it with.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:34 PM   #210
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Did you know Xylitol has supposed collagen building properties?

OMG we will be like the Bionic Woman when we are done.
Closed Thread