Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Candida and Yeast
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 10:25 AM   #1951
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: fawn
CS is quite safe for all ages. Remember feed baby with a silver spoon? That was in fact for anti bacterial purposes.

Jen the 8000ppm is impossible without like you said other elements. My husband makes it and we take it daily for a couple of different reasons, I have treated a cat with a terrible absess on a late sunday night with no further vet follow up, my clients take it to normalize their yeasties and I wish I had it when my daughter was a baby.

She now will have to have reconstructive surgery on her ears due to the many rounds of antibiotics, tubes and her immune system is severely compromised.

If this were my daughter, I would Grab a mister Jen and put some CS in it, and mist as a nasal spray. I would then give it to her internally at 1 tsp. 3x a day.

The EPA safe limit on CS is 14 tsp. daily

Ionic silver is safe silver don't let anyone tell you any different.

It's the particles that are made in a low quality manner that can cause a blue hue to the skin. That low quality silver isn't even heard of any longer.

Don't torture yourselves.....grab some silver.

For those of you suffering so much itching, activated charcoal will assist in your detoxification.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2010, 11:23 AM   #1952
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jennilyn76
Stats: 209/183.8/150
Thanks for the input Fawn! I'll do that the next time she has an ear infection (although besides one in February, she hasn't had one since early last year now that I think about it).

I was taking 2 tsp daily and it didn't seem to do anything so now I only take it every once in a while. Should I have taken more than that?

So activated charcoal will help with my itching? I'm actually going back to my doctor sometime soon because I've been on the diet for 3 weeks now and I'm still itching. He says I should have felt better by now.

{My health blog}

Last edited by Jennilyn76; 06-24-2010 at 11:24 AM..
Old 06-24-2010, 12:15 PM   #1953
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawn View Post
For those of you suffering so much itching, activated charcoal will assist in your detoxification.
Is it pills you should take? I don't feel like smothering stuff on my entire body to stop the itching, especially when there's nothing ON my skin (like redness, rashes, flakiness, etc.). Any part of my body can itch at any time...ANY part... LOL
Old 06-25-2010, 10:56 AM   #1954
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Qsmum
Stats: 388/297/225
WOE: Atkins - self modified
Start Date: May 1-22, 2010/restart June 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhappy View Post
Hi Qsmum ~ So how did your daughter get a yeast infection from you stopping the ACV? Are you nursing and it is thrush or were you just mentioning the coincidence of timing? Where is the yeast infection? My daughter suffers from terrible vulvovaginitis when she eats too much sugar. She has had this problem since she was three and she doesn't have a long history of antibiotics, steroids, birth control pill, etc. She did eat Skittles as part of potty training (kicking myself now) and ate a normal amount of sugar for most mainstream kids in this country so there must be a hereditary component to this. Have you heard/read anything like this?

Also, you have too see how sensitive you are to determine if the almond meal/coconut flour etc is okay for you. I use them and I have to limit it not to cause symptoms. Get the VCO when you can....it really helps but until then you may want to do the raw garlic. It works really well for me. I cut up a clove into swallowable pieces and then down the hatch it goes.
Sorry to take so long to answer, I have been away for a few days. "my little girl" is my term for my personal female area. I don't have a daughter, only a 5 year old son. Regarding the VCO, should I just eat it or can I use it to soothe my "little girl"?
Old 06-25-2010, 07:04 PM   #1955
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bhappy
Stats: 147/135/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 2009
Okay....totally missed that one, ha! So, you should take the VCO orally but yes, use it to soothe "your little girl."
Old 06-26-2010, 10:12 AM   #1956
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Hey Guys. First, let me say that I have not been able to read a majority of the posts on here. Read a few of the first and last pages. With that said, I was wondering if some of you experienced with Candida, can tell me if I may have it? Things started changing about two weeks ago... So here's some background info. I've been switching between Atkins and Stillman's for the last 4 1/2 months. I do mostly Stillman's with several induction days a month. My last go with induction was 12-13 days ago. I spent 3 days eating induction level carbs (lots of salads w/ oil & vinegar) dressing, hot wings, alcohol (white wine). As soon as I went back to Stillman's, I noticed I had a very squishy belly, that after 12-13 days, has not disappeared. My otherwise quick weight loss has slowed and I've only lost .8lbs in the last two weeks... (was averaging 3.4lbs /week). The bloated belly is pretty bad... It looks like I'm pregnant and I can feel it jiggle when I walk. It looks bigger now, than it did 20-40lbs ago!

Part two, about 5 days ago, I woke up with a weird rash on my face... Tiny white dots that were kind of itchy/mildly burning feeling. It's been mid 90s here, weather wise and very humid. I thought maybe it was a heat rash but from what I googled, heat rashes are generally red bumps. 3 days later, the skin sort of sloughed off in that area (chin) and now it's back to normal. I eat hot sauce on a daily basis (vinegar in it) and the white wine I had 2 weekends ago was the first time I've had white wine in at least 8 months.

Other background info is that I have never had a yeast infection or thrush or anything else that I can think of. Never had any unusual rashes on my body... So, I don't know what to make of it. No joint pain. I'm often tired, but I blame that on Stillman's and working 6 days a week (I bartend so always on my feet).

I would appreciate any advice... Tom is a week away but TOM would never caused me to have a swollen belly 3 weeks before arrival. Oh one more thing, for about 2-3 weeks there, BMs were regular but too regular, meaning every time I ate, I felt like I had to run to the bathroom. Okay peeps, hope you can send me in the right direction here. Not sure if it's candida or just the mother of all whooshes to follow?? Thanks for listening!
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 06-26-2010, 02:56 PM   #1957
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kattbelly
Hey GwnStfni,
The rash on your face you are describing is indeed a yeast infection. The tiny itchy, stingy white dots, then the dry flaky skin later is exactly what I've been fighting for the last six months. The page before this I described my battle with this, and what I've had to do to help myself.

I've never had what I'd call a yeast infection either, although I think I've had Candida in my system for some time.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:19 PM   #1958
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Qsmum
Stats: 388/297/225
WOE: Atkins - self modified
Start Date: May 1-22, 2010/restart June 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhappy View Post
Okay....totally missed that one, ha! So, you should take the VCO orally but yes, use it to soothe "your little girl."

No problem about little girl, just trying to mind my manners. I am going to try it on little girl. Let you know how it goes in a few days.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:09 AM   #1959
Junior LCF Member

I just looked at my Stevia bottle (liquid) today and it said it's made with purified water and 11% alcohol. I don't use any more than 13 drops at a time which really isn't that much. I've used maybe 1-2 tablespoons total in a month. Should I discontinue using it? I'd really hate to lose my Stevia
Old 06-29-2010, 08:41 PM   #1960
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: brandyxoxo25
Stats: 295/290/195
WOE: Eating for a healthy LC Pregnancy!
Start Date: 11/09/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennilyn76 View Post
I just looked at my Stevia bottle (liquid) today and it said it's made with purified water and 11% alcohol. I don't use any more than 13 drops at a time which really isn't that much. I've used maybe 1-2 tablespoons total in a month. Should I discontinue using it? I'd really hate to lose my Stevia
I was encouraged to use Stevia over other artificial sweetners for the Candida Detox, because it does not raise your blood sugar to cause yeast growth.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:28 AM   #1961
Junior LCF Member

I'm just wondering because of the alcohol content, since we aren't supposed to have alcohol.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:24 AM   #1962
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: greenejoy
Stats: 150
WOE: carb cycling
Start Date: Sept 08
soybeans

I have a question: I have been trying to read all of the post and I think I remember somewhere in this discussion that we need to avoid soybeans? I have been taking a whole greens vitamin and I noticed on the ingrediants that it includes FERMENTED SOYBEAN POWDER is this a no-no-?

Definition:

Fermenting the Soybean

In the soybean fermentation process, end results such as miso, tempeh, natto, and soy or tamari sauce are produced by a host of beneficial yeast, mould, and bacteria. Whole-food, fermented soy powders, milks, and yogurts are also cultured with multiple species of beneficial bacteria.The many benefits of soybean fermentation include the following:

•Improved digestibility. Unfermented soybeans are difficult to digest, partly due to the high amount of protein enzyme inhibitors and hard-to-digest sugar structures. During the fermentation process, the enzymes produced by the beneficial bacteria and other microbes break down, or predigest, the specific complex carbohydrates (sugars) found in soy and most other legumes. This process also renders the proteins more digestible and easier to assimilate than those
in the whole soybean. For those with a compromised digestive system or difficulty digesting protein, this is especially helpful.
•Enhanced nutrition. Soy fermentation converts minerals such as calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, selenium, copper, and zinc into more soluble forms and can also increase vitamin levels in the final product. Some beneficial yeasts, such as Saccharomyces cerevisiae, are able to concentrate large quantities of thiamin, nicotinic acid, and biotin, thus forming an enriched product.
•Medicinal benefits. Substances in fermented soy foods have been found to alleviate the severity of hot flushes, to have a protective effect against the development of cancer, to cause a reduction in cholesterol, and to inhibit the progression of atherosclerosis. The probiotic bacteria produced during soy fermentation are known to enhance healthy intestinal flora and correct digestive tract imbalances.
•Increased bioavailability of isoflavones. Isoflavones (phytoestrogens naturally occurring in soy) are converted by the bacteria into their “free” or aglycone forms for improved absorption and more effective usage within the body.

Gonna stop taking this for a few days to see if there is any difference. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:24 PM   #1963
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bhappy
Stats: 147/135/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 2009
Here is something posted by Fawn about Soy.

Soy and Fertility with Kaayla T. Daniel 6/30/2010 - Sean Croxton | Internet Radio | Blog Talk Radio
Internet Radio | Blog Talk Radio | Tune In, Create Your Own Show
Kaayla T. Daniel author of The Whole Soy Story returns to Underground Wellness Radio to discuss the effects of soy on fertility. Topics will include how soy can lower sperm count startling results of animal studies of soy on fertility and possible benefits of soy weighed against its proven risks.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:25 AM   #1964
Junior LCF Member

flavors

Hi.... did anyone notice that all of the sudden their taste has become very acute. Flavors are just bursting! I have always been a "drown your food" kind of person. Since a few days ago, my taste has just exploded, I don't even want or crave the sauces I normally want. Every food is just so flavorful. I had a salad with jalapeno peppers which I love and with the oil and vinegar dressing, they were too hot for me to eat which is never a problem. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this.

WOE

Low carb, trying my best to cut out dairy and nuts-had some cheese the other day and almonds yesterday. Also no vegetable oil.

Started consuming coconut oil although it has made me gain weight and get so bloated that my clothes are too tight so I am quitting that today.

I started oil pulling with coconut oil on wednesday. Started feeling sick Friday night into Saturday morning. Still going to oil pull until the toxins are out.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:34 PM   #1965
Junior LCF Member

I'm allowed to have nuts...almonds, pecans & filberts (hazelnuts) as long as they are raw and not seasoned.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:07 PM   #1966
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm on day 4 of probiotics and experiencing severe die off symptoms. Had to leave work early! I've vomitted 7x today. The first 3x all bright yellow liquid, since then, all water. Every time, lots of mucus! I've got major body aches, sweats thatcome and go and diarrhea. In the 4 days that I've been on CO and probiotics, I've lost 7lbs, was previously at a 3 week stall. Also, my very hard, bloated belly that I've dealt with for weeks is now flat. I did not take in anything today. Couldn't even take in water, without throwing up, until after 4pm. God I hope I wake up feeling better tomorrow. Today was like having the absolute worst hangover imaginable, while having the flu and food poisoning, all at once. 10pm, still can't get out of bed, unless it's to the bathroom :/
Old 07-03-2010, 08:39 PM   #1967
Junior LCF Member

die-off

Awwww Gwn Hope you feel better soon.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:13 AM   #1968
Major LCF Poster!

Can someone respond to this post? I have posted several times and am either being ignored or going unread.

tia
Old 07-04-2010, 09:40 AM   #1969
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey peeps, so I am feeling much better today, though very weak, no doubt from all the vomiting, etc. Not gonna lie though, I am really scared to continue with the probiotics. Do you think the worst is behind me? Do you think it's possible that I could experience another day, like yesterday? Also, would it be advisable to possibly take the probiotics every other day? Thanks folks.

kat, sorry don't know what post you're referring to...?
Old 07-04-2010, 01:05 PM   #1970
Major LCF Poster!

Well actually Gwn, I answered your question when you first posted. I also took a lot of time to type out my battle and what I've been doing over the last six months to fight it. I don't mean to be whiny or anything, but it's kinda disheartening to try to contribute to something that has had such a tremendous impact on my life and be ignored.

I regret posting the last post cuz I'm not looking for apologies or sympathy. It was just a bit if frustration I shoulda kept to myself.

Carry on.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:47 PM   #1971
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Gwn & Tia ~ We are all learning and going through stuff. Tia's posts didn't sound like a request, it sounded like a statement and testimonial, not a request. I certainly don't know enough about most issues to comment. Other than I am an RN and things that seem pertinent to what I know about I share in on, if I have time. Hoping you are all having a wonderful Indepence Day!
Old 07-04-2010, 06:11 PM   #1972
Junior LCF Member

Gwn, I wouldn't think the probiotics would cause die-off since the good bacteria doesn't kill the bad, anti-fungals do that. So either maybe you're allergic to something in the probiotics you are taking or you are having die-off because of other stuff you're taking.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:01 AM   #1973
Major LCF Poster!

Lol my name isn't tia, tia means thanks in advance.

And in ref. to taking probiotics, fawn and other experts at this site recommend you use herbal antifungals and get rid of the candida first, then start using the probiotics. They also say that it is not only unnecessary to over do it at first, but the die off symptoms make it worse. It doesn't make your candida infection go away faster to over do it, kwim?
Old 07-05-2010, 08:28 AM   #1974
Junior LCF Member

probiotics

I would like to reply to the probiotics question. First of all I am no health expert, but I have done a lot of research and I, too am battling yeast. Let me start by saying that what I have read is: YES, PROBIOTICS DO KILL YEATS!

The average healthy adult human, has about 70 to 100 trillion good bacteria, 3 to 5 pounds, present in the digestive system that live in a colony of many different species. These bacteria help one another to survive and they all do different jobs in this environment. Some clean up protein waste, others carbohydrate waste, others dairy, others raise or lower ph levels so others can survive, some eat yeast, and others help us digest our food so we can get the nutritional benefits from it, etc. Some bacteria's only job is to help other bacteria perform their job whatever that may be. They are a colony, they live together much like people live together in a city, each performing a separate task or job so that community can survive and flourish.

Probiotics for yeast are absolutely necessary for the absorption of minerals, vitamins, proteins, and fats within the body. They also displace and kill bad bacteria, yeasts, and fungi. The specific species that inhabit the small and large intestine also create the right acidic or alkaline state for that area in the intestine. They truly are our first line of defense against foreign organisms within the body.

some probiotics don't work for some people but do work for others, it is an individual thing just like doses.

I have been using probiotics for a few months and have had dye-off symptoms. Not as quite as severe as Gywns. Gywn.. I don't know if what you experienced was a dye-off, maybe coincidently it was food poisoning or bad flu? But if it was the dye-off then maybe you should do something different like diet and an anti-fungal and reintroduce a different probiotic later on? Just a thought.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:44 AM   #1975
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: micatee
Is all this yeast talk related to SIBO? I am on antibiotics and a probiotic for an over growth of yeast in my small intestine. I never heard of it and thought that maybe this would be a good place to post? (I really haven't read much of the posts yet) Is anyone familiar with SIBO here?
Old 07-06-2010, 08:52 AM   #1976
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Spell out what SIBO stands for please. And definitely read through all the site, your problem is yeast overgrowth due to antibiotics killing off the good bacteria too so that yeast (untouched by antibiotics) took over! This can be controlled....it's a process. Read within the thread...
Old 07-06-2010, 09:56 AM   #1977
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: micatee
SIBO.............Small intestine bacteria overgrowth. My doctor gave me the antibiotics because I have been having severe diahhrea for the past month. I was checked for gallstones and it was negative. So far with the antibiotics and probiotics the diahhrea has subsided. (I haven't been on any antibiotic for years so if it is yeast it didn't come from that...........just saying) I am going to try to read most of the posts to get more information.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:49 AM   #1978
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kattbelly View Post
Well actually Gwn, I answered your question when you first posted. I also took a lot of time to type out my battle and what I've been doing over the last six months to fight it. I don't mean to be whiny or anything, but it's kinda disheartening to try to contribute to something that has had such a tremendous impact on my life and be ignored.

I regret posting the last post cuz I'm not looking for apologies or sympathy. It was just a bit if frustration I shoulda kept to myself.

Carry on.
Kat, I still don't understand what question you need answered. I read and reread your story several times and see no questions. It seems like you are doing exactly what you need to do and that it's working wonderfully for you! I read it as a testimony to what is working for you and inspiration to others to stick with it. If there's a specific question you need answered, could you please repost?? If I don't respond, it is because I am not well informed enough to respond... This is still relatively new to me. Even all the info I have found on the net is so conflicting.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:46 PM   #1979
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: brandyxoxo25
Stats: 295/290/195
WOE: Eating for a healthy LC Pregnancy!
Start Date: 11/09/2010
Gwen, how are you feeling?
Old 07-07-2010, 05:03 PM   #1980
Major LCF Poster!

I don't have a question qwnstfni, I answered one of yours. I'm fine and don't need anything answered. I hope your struggles with your candida issues are going well.

Thx for your concern.
Closed Thread