Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 11:11 AM   #1921
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pookeylou
Stats: 232/221/145
Start Date: 11/12/04
Ya'll don't know it...but you all saved a life today. The information shared here...let's just say a new day is beginning for me. The suffering may finally be over.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2010, 12:13 PM   #1922
Junior LCF Member

I have not finished reading the whole thread so forgive me if this has been asked and answered:

I have noticed a new mole on my body every day. Could this be realated to the yeast problem?
Old 05-03-2010, 03:31 PM   #1923
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: martiangurll
Stats: 250ish/201.5/138???
WOE: HCG at the moment R3P2VLDC33
Start Date: 4/01/10 (Atkins restart)
Yeast experts, am I host to sneaky colonies of Candida?

Symptoms of Yeast Syndrome

These are the ones I have

*Depression or manic depression
* Headaches
* Pain and/or swelling in joints (big time swelling, I always assumed this was just being fat
* Loss of sexual desire or feeling
* Cramps and/or other menstrual irregularities (gone with low carb)
* Premenstrual tension (gone with low carb)
* Attacks of anxiety or crying
* Cold hands
* Irritability
* Poor coordination
* Frequent mood swings
* Insomnia (gone with magnesium)
* Pressure above ears...feeling of head swelling
* Sinus problems...tenderness of cheekbones or forehead
* Tendency to bruise easy (never been able to explain this)
* Rectal itching (rare)
* Nasal congestion or post nasal drip
* Nasal itching
* Recurrent fluid in ears
* Inability to concentrate
* Skin problems (lately having rash in the folds of skin)
* Hyperactivity/Attention Deficit Disorder
* High sugar foods drastically increase symptoms
* Diarrhea, chronic gas, abdominal cramps alleviated by bowel movements. Perhaps labeled with the term "irritable bowel syndrome" (this is better with low carb diet for past 3 weeks)
* Anxiety
* Allergies and allergy symptoms
* Eye fatigue (never thought this would be due to yeast!)
* Symptoms worse after waking
* Facial rash (rosacea)
* Avoiding food helps to alleviate symptoms

Going through all of these I have always thought these have been unrelated issues. Most of the sinus, menstral, intestinal and psychological symptoms have improved with low carb diet. I am wondering if I really have to give up cheese forever? This would make staying on Induction difficult. What do you eat instead of cheese?

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.
(T. E. Lawrence)

Last edited by martiangurll; 05-03-2010 at 03:36 PM..
Old 05-03-2010, 05:11 PM   #1924
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Bikerchick
WOE: LC
Start Date: Oct 9 2012
Ok day 6 and I feel like s***..body aches, joint pain, stomach upset, and frequent bathroom visits. Thank God I called in sick this morning. I have not started on the CO as of yet. I am partaking of the ACV water throughout the day.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:17 PM   #1925
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Welcome to the die off! Ugh, I know it's yucky...

Stick with it though....

After I'd been on the die off for about 5 days I went to a wedding and ate 2 marachino cherries dipped in chocolate and a tiny rice krispy treat (sorry for the details) but within 2 hours had diarrhea due to my body being confused and reacting again to sugar.....made me a believer that corn fructose was HARMING my body!

Last edited by Fit2010; 05-03-2010 at 08:20 PM..
Old 05-04-2010, 03:18 AM   #1926
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: orafaerygirl
Debbie,

Sounds like your war with the tonsils has been critical over the years! I know, I know, I really should get them out, but I haven’t developed full blown strep throat/tonsillitis for years now, and I know this sounds crazy but whenever my throat starts to feel soar, it’s like a early warning siren for impending sickness (doom) like when tornados come. I take immediate action and start drenching myself (immune system) with vitamins, Echinacea, gargling with GSE, fasting, and I get more sleep/rest, etc. So, I leave them in using them as my first response team. Ever sense I got serious about my diet I haven’t been sick, not even the flu or a cold?
I use to be sick all the time, like I described in an earlier post, but not any more. I agree with you, Antibiotics are lifesavers and should be used only as necessary! They cause Candida overgrowth which I view as one of those nasty side effects that should be listed on the label (come on AMA!). Antibiotics are prescribed like candy; at least they were in my case! I took them with the fear that I’d get Rheumatic fever (permanent heart damage) from my constant reoccurring streptococci infections and I’ll take them again if I catch this virus and it escalates into Strep. The risk of catching this bacterial infection has significantly decreased for me because I’m no longer chronically ill, with a weakened immune system, but I did have chickenpox as a child and that ups my risk. If I get it again the tonsils come out!
Old 05-04-2010, 05:42 AM   #1927
Junior LCF Member

Msyvonne,

I’m sorry you’re feeling so bad, I can really empathize with your plight, sinus issues are such a frustration! Finding out exactly what you’re allergic to may help in the elimination process/diet. I had a gal pal once whose child was diagnosed with ADHD/ADD. She was a nurse with firm roots in allopathic medicine but she did not want to put her son on the standard medication(s) because of the side effects!
I suggested an elimination diet! We formulated this and after about three weeks discovered that her son had specific ADD like reactions to certain foods. To make a long story short, he had food allergies. The biggest offender seemed to be commercial Ranch Dressing, which he smothered over every visible part of a vegetable before he’d force the innocent veggie down! She switched him over to a different salad dressing that he’d eat, eliminated some other offenders and after a few more weeks he was fine, all his ADD symptoms all but disappeared, without drugs!
Try to find out exactly what you’re allergic too and eliminate it as much as possible and if possible, entirely from your life!
The OOO is full of Carvachol and Quercitin, it’s a natural antibiotic and it’s antiviral, amongst other properties. As an anti-inflammatory it works as well as Ibuprofen and Morphine! This is strong stuff! Prednisone is a corticosteroid drug that is immunosuppressant, I use to use it for my inflammatory diseases such as my severe asthma and allergies. You have these two anti-inflammatory’s going into your system! You also have the two types of antibiotics which kill bacteria or inhibit its growth and treat/kill microorganisms such as fungi and protozoa, going into your system! Probiotics are living microorganisms that are easily killed by the antibiotics!
As the harmful microorganisms die they need to be eliminated from the body, at the same time you want the beneficials (probiotics) to be present. I use a fiber/probiotic blend, and do colon hydrotherapy to remove wastes/toxins and I always take enzymes. You might want to try some chelation methods/foods to detox from any heavy metals you may have built up in the body!
Be careful when you detox and wean yourself off of prescription drugs. As you build your immune system try to remember that sometimes less is more, esp. if you’re unsure of side effects or drug interactions. Research, do a ton of it! Get a naturopathic doctor! And lastly be patient with your beautiful self!

My favorite Chelating agents:

Milk Thistle (silymarin): Liver detox, eliminates heavy metals.
• Green Algae (Chlorella): mildly aids in heavy metal detox.
• Garlic: Increases cysteine and glutathione, natural source of sulfur.
• Vitamin B6: prevents contamination of heavy metals in the body.
Magnesium: for immune system and body enzymes, detoxification of cells (pumpkin seeds, Brazil nuts, fish and spinach)
• Cilantro: Gets the Mercury out along with other heavy metals.

Toxic Avenger Green Goddess Dressing:
All ingredients are organic when possible, washed in GSE!

• 1 handful Parsley
• 1 handful Cilantro
• 2 whole eggs, 2 egg whites
• 2 TB fresh lemon juice
• Celtic Sea Salt and fresh pepper to taste
• 1 head fresh Garlic, 8-10 cloves, or to taste, the more the better!
• 2 TB Spirulina: or other form of Algae

Wiz this up in a double bladed blender. While blinder is going add:

• ½ cup (more or less) Organic Coconut Oil
• ½ cup (more or less) Extra Virgin Olive Oil

The more oil you add the thicker it gets, like mayonnaise. Coconut Oil solidifies and will thicken quite a bit more in the refrigerator. If too thick add Almond or Coconut milk to thin to desired consistency. Any other favorite herbs can be added for personal taste, etc. I use this on salads, proteins, dips, etc.

Refrigerate!
Old 05-04-2010, 07:21 AM   #1928
Junior LCF Member

Bhappy,

That is the dilemma isn’t it? Cooking for other people, whether it’s kids or our big and fussy “kid like” husbands! I swear, I have more problems with the hubby then I ever did with my son!
I think it’s all about compromise, my son always had a two bite minimum, color choices, esp. what color food are we going to eat this week, then buy tons of food that color, the kid(s) can help pick them out! Shopping by color is fun for kids; it gives them options and involves them in the process. I never went to extremes; mega healthy verses mega junk food, etc. If he absolutely hated Brussels sprouts this week, we’d eat a different veggie, then next week, who knows, he may love the little green stink balls again, no big deal? I’d read labels to my son and ask him what that was/is giving him a choices such as, do you want this ice cream made with cream, sugar and strawberries or this ice cream made with 50 other ingredients of who knows what the heck that is? We use to laugh a lot and roll our eyes at the “crazy martin ingredients”, then put it back on the shelf! Never mention the words “healthy” or “good for you”. Take them shopping at farmers markets and natural food stores!
I owned my own business and worked 60+ hours a week, cooking a huge variety of food was next to impossible! We had various sports practices and other time commitments which made it very difficult to get the food dealt with but we’d manage, and we’d try to make it as fun as possible. After I’d get the shopping done (with my son), on a day off morning, I’d/we’d wash and prepare veggies, proteins, dressings, sauces, (starches for the hubby and son) etc. As much as we could for the coming week! I’d make or buy treats, as natural/organic as I could and/or afford.
Helping mom with the food shopping/prep was part of my son’s allowance! He’s away at college now and making his own healthy food choices, thanks to all that time we spent together “figuring it out”. He not overweight, doesn’t have allergies, he eats a well balanced, well rounded natural diet and is Candida free! He’s never had a cavity and had been on antibiotics only once as a child!
Candida is naturally occurring in the body and is as necessary as oxygen! The problem takes place when it gets over grown and takes over and/or becomes systemic! Chronic and/or reoccurring Candida (yeast) happens because of several factors, including a weakened immune system and the use (over use) of antibiotics. You shouldn’t want to get over it, but rather make sure it’s a friend, not a foe!
There are a lot of anti-candida cook books on the market, the low carb lifestyle minus yeast trigger foods!
Old 05-04-2010, 01:13 PM   #1929
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Salmon
Candida Issues

Hello All,

I am new to this site and have had a Candida overgrowth since Nov. 2009
I have been on the Candida diet for almost two months, but dont feel I am making much progress...My diet consists of the following..

1. Eggs, Coconut Oil, zuchinni for Breakfast
2. Spinach leaves with steak, sliced almonds for lunch (I also have the same salads but also have canned tuna and chicken also)

3. Dinner is Salmon and zuchini and organic Tahini.

Everytime I try to introduce things like rice, I get really congested in my nose and throat. I am taking natural antifungals like Coconut oil, garlic and oregano.

Has anybody here actually beaten Candida and tell me if there is something I am doing wrong? Also, can anybody recommend a Dr. who treats Candida in the Northern California area?

Any help would be much appreciated!
Old 05-04-2010, 08:27 PM   #1930
Junior LCF Member

First day using CO. There is NO WAY I could have some of the symptoms described here as "die off" already, is there?

3rd week of induction, itching like crazy. Fell asleep at 2:30 and felt like I slipped into a coma. Dreamed that someone came into the room and I could not wake myself up fully to check. Husband finally woke me up at 5:00 pm. Felt drugged.

The itching is like an allergic reaction I have to sulfa drugs and shitake mushrooms. I need a benadryl bad or there will be no sleep tonight.

I have been using ACV for years for upset stomach...it calms it IMMEDIATELY. So its been a habit even before I changed my diet to the Atkins plan. Could the addition of CO really be putting "die off" in motion?

Do differently this time.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:02 PM   #1931
Major LCF Poster!

I have felt like a total zombie for the last 3 days. And I have not had that much CO. I tried using the CO on my skin under my (ahem) ladies and the rash is clearing up big time. I am so grateful for that suggestion! I was feeling like the stupid rash would never let up.

Now I am afraid to add in the ACV because it could cause more die-off? I seriously feel like I am gonna slip into a coma! My vision is super blurry too!

By the way, I have been swishing with the CO and my teeth are whiter than ever! Way cheaper than those stupid Crest strips!
Old 05-05-2010, 05:46 PM   #1932
Major LCF Poster!

Never heard of swishing with it! Interesting idea!

Have you been to a doctor? I wonder how your blood sugars are running?!?!!! Maybe that could explain the blurred vision. Especially since you've previously had a rash...wonder if your blood sugars had been running high previously, etc.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:48 PM   #1933
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Never heard of swishing with it! Interesting idea!

Have you been to a doctor? I wonder how your blood sugars are running?!?!!! Maybe that could explain the blurred vision. Especially since you've previously had a rash...wonder if your blood sugars had been running high previously, etc.
I think I figured out the blurry vision was reading too much without my reading glasses! The fatigue is getting better for some reason. Maybe the die off has run its course...
Old 05-13-2010, 02:06 PM   #1934
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: franciejones
Stats: 241/215.6/150 5'5"
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 12-26-2013 LAST START
I am only on page 46 of this thread...I will post after I finish...this is really great!

PS- I oil pull and eat Coconut Oil now. Just started this week.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:26 PM   #1935
Major LCF Poster!

Anyone here tried any Grapefruit Seed extract? what were your experiences?
Old 05-14-2010, 10:35 AM   #1936
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: franciejones
Stats: 241/215.6/150 5'5"
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 12-26-2013 LAST START
In conjuction with Coconut Oil..I am using baking powder to balance my pH...google ph and candida...this can be helpful in my opinion....my discomfort has been GREATLY reduced! I am also going to try colloidal silver

Now...back to researching this...LOL
Old 05-16-2010, 09:07 AM   #1937
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: countrygurl7
WOE: Atkins
I am starting the candida diet and also the colon cleanse today. My hubby (who thinks I'm crazy and candida overgrowth is nonsense) is away for 2 weeks with the military so I am able to get a good jump on this without him tempting me with forbidden foods

I am not looking forward to the tiredness and feeling ill that accompany this diet - this is why I gave up the first time. I had too many things to accomplish, too little time, and feeling like I'd been run over by a truck just wasn't working.

I have access to a sauna and steamer - any thoughts on which would be best, or both? Maybe sweating out the toxins will help alleviate the die-off symptoms, but the heat also makes me tired and drained.

I have a lot of things I have to accomplish work wise around the house also while hubby is gone (#1 he doesn't help, #2 he gets in the way) so if I can get on top of things while he's gone, my life will be much easier when he gets back. So are there any energy products (like the 5 hour energy shot) that is allowed or at the least acceptable. Maybe ginseng - does anyone know if this is allowed?

Also, do y'all have any idea how many days the tiredness lasts when dealing with die-off? Perhaps if I know when the end of it is, I will stick to the plan this time.

Many thanks,
CG
Old 05-16-2010, 04:21 PM   #1938
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jennilyn76
Stats: 209/183.8/150
Fawn, would CS capsules work to stop itchy skin or would I have to buy the liquid? I'd rather take the pills if possible.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:43 PM   #1939
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heyjupiter
I am so grateful for all of the information posted in this thread!

I have PTSD and know that fibromyalgia is often co-morbid with PTSD. I have always thought in the back of my mind "dear God, Pleeeease don't let me develop this syndrome as well". As if having PTSD wasn't bad enough... Anyway, about a month ago I started having horrible muscle aches in my legs. And of course, my thoughts immediately went to "this is Fibro". I saw a doctor and he just said I probably have a virus and that I should just wait for it to go away. Well, a month later and I still have the pain. I did some research and found that it is thought (by some) that an overgrowth of Candida could be the cause of Fibromyalgia. I remembered that LCF had a section dedicated to Candida, so I came here and started reading this thread. (I'm only on page 14!) I am convinced that I do have a yeast problem since I have so many of the symptoms and started the ACV and CO regimens yesterday. I already feel better... The muscle pain in my legs is very much diminished. Well, my right leg feels fine, and I have a lot less pain in my left leg. Is this possible? Can they really make you start to feel better that fast? I know that the die off can make you feel a heck of a lot worse, so I'm trying to take things slowly. I have 1 Tbs ACV in my 4C drink 2x a day and 1 Tbs CO once a day. I'm ordering probiotics and oil of oregano and will start on them shortly. I just hope I can stick to this more restricted WOE long term. It will be worth it if I can get rid of this pain!
Old 05-18-2010, 10:01 AM   #1940
Junior LCF Member

So I bought some CS in liquid form today (8000PPM and it says to dilute 8-10 drops in a cup of water) and I'm wondering how to give it to my almost 5 year old daughter if she gets an ear infection? She gets a few a year and I wouldn't want to give her an more antibiotics.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:50 AM   #1941
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennilyn76 View Post
So I bought some CS in liquid form today (8000PPM and it says to dilute 8-10 drops in a cup of water) and I'm wondering how to give it to my almost 5 year old daughter if she gets an ear infection? She gets a few a year and I wouldn't want to give her an more antibiotics.
Well I guess what I bought was Colloidal Trace Elements which is definitely NOT the same. LOL I didn't notice it at first because it was behind a few bottles of clearance CS so I didn't even think to look at the label, thinking they were just newer bottles. So I went to a new health food store today and got a larger bottle (like 4 times as big!) for only about $5 more than the other one!

Question still stands though...this stuff is 15-20PPM and I'm wondering how to give it to my almost 5 year old daughter when she gets an ear ache/ ear infection?

{My health blog}
Old 05-19-2010, 11:26 PM   #1942
Major LCF Poster!

I don't think anyone would feel comfortable giving any medication or herb or whatever dosage to anyone less than 14 years old.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:33 AM   #1943
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bhappy
Stats: 147/135/130
Start Date: June 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennilyn76 View Post
Well I guess what I bought was Colloidal Trace Elements which is definitely NOT the same. LOL I didn't notice it at first because it was behind a few bottles of clearance CS so I didn't even think to look at the label, thinking they were just newer bottles. So I went to a new health food store today and got a larger bottle (like 4 times as big!) for only about $5 more than the other one!

Question still stands though...this stuff is 15-20PPM and I'm wondering how to give it to my almost 5 year old daughter when she gets an ear ache/ ear infection?
Fawn has instructed me on giving my kids Colloidal Silver. It needs to be a very good quality silver. Mine is 10ppm and it is even labeled for use in children. I have given my kids silver periodically for quite some time now. You might want to send her a pm or purchase the silver actually dosed for children as well as adults.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:13 AM   #1944
Junior LCF Member

I'll PM her when I have enough posts to do so, whenever that will be! LOL Thanks bhappy!
Old 06-18-2010, 11:51 AM   #1945
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Qsmum
Stats: 388/297/225
WOE: Atkins - self modified
Start Date: May 1-22, 2010/restart June 1, 2010
I only got half way through this thread, but am determined to get through the other half. I have question regarding Atkins and yeast. I haven't had a yeast infection in almost 2 years. I would do ACV in water only 2 times per week. When I went back on Atkins, I stopped the ACV, too much torture to say no to carbs and have to drink the ACV. Now last night my little girl has a yeast infection, and its an extreme and nasty one. Could not doing the ACV have triggered it? I also have done a lot of mushrooms, but that was the first week of the month, haven't had one since. I was thinking it was all the cheese, I do 3-4 oz a day. All I know is that most of the people on this thread have gotten rid of their yeast (or at least the symptoms) by using Atkins, and yet it seems to have somehow triggered mine. Maybe I will try the VCO this weekend, if I can afford it. Already completed this week's shopping.
What I am also thinking may be a factor is that since I am in ongoing weight loss, I have added low carb bread (1nc) from Juilians bakery to my menu in the last week. It has not interfered with my ketosis, but my weightloss was dismal this week (but at least it was there 1.15 1bs). If that is the culprit and I have to cut it out, can I eat bread I make on my own from flax and almond meal? Or is the almond meal a no no too if I have yeast issues? What about using oat fiber or coconut flour?

Last edited by Qsmum; 06-18-2010 at 12:12 PM..
Old 06-18-2010, 04:35 PM   #1946
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kattbelly
Here's my yeast battle story. I tried a stupid diet 6 months ago where you did a 6 week "belly loss". It required tons of shakes. I'm hypothyroid, so I can't use a soy based protein shake, so I used a whey powder variety. I've never had problems with dairy in the past, but consuming that much dairy all of a sudden gave me an overwhelming yeast infection. I had dandruff for the 1st time in my life (and it was horrible-like a shower of flakes every time I ran my fingers through my hair. I had a HORRIBLE ring of fire! anal thing, and a TERRIBLE skin fungus infection-of course, all over my face. I was hovering in candida territory before, and that stupid shake diet threw my body into a massive candida overwhelm.

It has been SIX MONTHS! With all these symptoms, except the dandruff cleared up pretty quickly, and FINALLY I see light at the end of the tunnel. Here's what I did.

First, gotta clean up the diet. The more cleanly low carb I eat, the better the infection gets.

Second, I rotated anti-fungal supplements. For a week I do garlic tabs and curcumin, then the next week I do oil of oregano and grapefruit seed extract. I also take colloidal silver under the tongue, and rub it into my skin. I take all of the above 3 times per day, and rub the colloidal silver into the skin infections twice a day.

Third, because my fungal infection (candida is a fungus) on my skin was so severe and tenacious, I had to get a prescription for Nystatin-which is the only prescription there is for fungal infections. I have taken about TEN courses of this, as my infection is that bad. AND it doesn't work by itself, I truly have to do the herbal anti-funguls simultaneously.

I tried the apple cider vinegar for a couple of months-both internally and externally. For ME, it didn't really work all that well, and I discontinued it after a few months. I try to eat coconut oil regularly, and I religiously use it morning and evening as a body lotion, and I think that helps. I add a bit of vit. E oil and oil of lavender, for scent and it's supposed to be good for your skin.

I have switched over to everything from a natural source that I put on my body, including deodorants, shampoos, soaps, etc. and I think that helps (a little).

So, after 6 months, most of these symptoms are gone, they are there a little bit, but FINALLY I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have just 2 weeks ago added a probiotic pill every day. This has been a nightmare, and most people won't have an infection nearly this bad, but that stupid protein shake diet wreaked havoc on my body, and this is what I've had to deal with since then.

I hope my story might help someone wondering if all this stuff really works.

"The chief cause of unhappiness and failure is trading what we want most for what we want at the moment."

"Our perception gathers proof that our beliefs are right."
Old 06-20-2010, 11:17 AM   #1947
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: greenejoy
Stats: 150
WOE: carb cycling
Start Date: Sept 08
wow

Hello everyone! My name is Jo. I just got done reading some (not all) of the threads here. In the last few years I have done a lot of research about yeast infections, usually when I get off of anti biotics I get a yeast infection. That will usually take 2-3 months to completely get rid of it. I had one about 6 months ago and after all the creams and home remedies (peroxide, monistat, iodine, yogurt) I came up with the best fix for me was to treat inside with probiotics and vaginally with iodine and/or peroxide. I continued to take probiotics for a few months and was regular again. Until another round of anti biotics. Well what do you know, it was back! This time the probiotics and peroxide/iodine didn't completely do it. So I changed the probiotics to an 8 strain batch vs. 1 strain. I douch with iodine for the recommended 7 days (works for BV too) and try not to wear clothing which holds in heat down there (doesn't work too well when you're pushing a lawn mower around in 80 degree heat) and cross my fingers. WOW! I discovered what DYE-OFF meant only because I always research new home remedies for my ailments. When I first started the 8 strain probiotic I was soooooooo tired, had sinus problems like someone stuck fresh cut grass and dust up my nose for a day and the itchy eyes were unbearable, I had to buy an antihistimine eye drop. Achey all over, felt crappy. Cramping in my intestines that led to many trips to the bathroom. That was just the first week. Didn't realize it was dye-off until later. I continued with the probiotic even when I realized what was going on.. I just want those buggers out! I have been on a semi-low carb diet for almost 2 years. I do have days where I will eat carbs and breads and stuff, but I always revert back to the lower carb because it just makes me feel better. I am always looking for ways to help the battle of the bulge (which I haven't been able to lose any weight for a year) and stumbled across the coconut oil diet. Seems easy enough right? Low and behold, it also help for yeast! BONUS! So my new regimen is

1. Whole foods vitamin (cuz i don't eat right at all (no fruits and minimal veggies)
2. Probiotic (an 8 strain variety)
3. Coconut oil
4. Semi low carb (between 30-100 carb grams a day) no bread, no rice, no sugar, no artificial sugar if I can help it.

I just started the coconut oil on Friday (today is Sunday) and so far I have noticed I am feeling slightly better but still fatigued (that has been an issue for awhile). The trips to the bathroom are more frequent, but they were a lot worse when I started the probiotic. My appetite is slightly decreased. I had to do another round of iodine douch for yeast after I got off my period. So day 5 with iodine and I don't feel like I need that anymore, but going to finish the last 2 days. So my expectations are to lose a few pounds, feel better and have no yeast infections. Lets hope for the best I have high hopes after reading all of your posts.

These are all of the symptoms I have had or still have, the major one I am battling beside yeast infections is HAIR LOSS.

1. HAIR LOSS
2. YEAST INFECTIONS
3. BV INFECTIONS
4. BRUISING EASY
5. SINUS INFECTIONS
6. FOGGY MIND
7. FATIGUE
8. ITCHY ANUS (ya, that one is a little TMI, sorry.)
9. SENSITIVITY TO ODORS
10.SLUGGISH WEIGHT LOSS (EVEN THOUGH I EAT AROUND 1500 CALORIES A DAY AND DO LOW CARB)

I'M SURE THERE IS MORE, BUT these are the major ones. I am losing my hair every day. I am also taking biotin (which supposedly kills yeast too).

Let's just see how I do in the upcoming weeks.

Jo

also btw the photo I have is from when I was doing the CLA/GLA diet that I learned from this site and lost 3.5 inches on my waist. I think I put on about 1 inch back in a year, but still 2.5 inches down from a year ago.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:20 AM   #1948
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsmum View Post
I only got half way through this thread, but am determined to get through the other half. I have question regarding Atkins and yeast. I haven't had a yeast infection in almost 2 years. I would do ACV in water only 2 times per week. When I went back on Atkins, I stopped the ACV, too much torture to say no to carbs and have to drink the ACV. Now last night my little girl has a yeast infection, and its an extreme and nasty one. Could not doing the ACV have triggered it? I also have done a lot of mushrooms, but that was the first week of the month, haven't had one since. I was thinking it was all the cheese, I do 3-4 oz a day. All I know is that most of the people on this thread have gotten rid of their yeast (or at least the symptoms) by using Atkins, and yet it seems to have somehow triggered mine. Maybe I will try the VCO this weekend, if I can afford it. Already completed this week's shopping.
What I am also thinking may be a factor is that since I am in ongoing weight loss, I have added low carb bread (1nc) from Juilians bakery to my menu in the last week. It has not interfered with my ketosis, but my weightloss was dismal this week (but at least it was there 1.15 1bs). If that is the culprit and I have to cut it out, can I eat bread I make on my own from flax and almond meal? Or is the almond meal a no no too if I have yeast issues? What about using oat fiber or coconut flour?
Hi Qsmum ~ So how did your daughter get a yeast infection from you stopping the ACV? Are you nursing and it is thrush or were you just mentioning the coincidence of timing? Where is the yeast infection? My daughter suffers from terrible vulvovaginitis when she eats too much sugar. She has had this problem since she was three and she doesn't have a long history of antibiotics, steroids, birth control pill, etc. She did eat Skittles as part of potty training (kicking myself now) and ate a normal amount of sugar for most mainstream kids in this country so there must be a hereditary component to this. Have you heard/read anything like this?

Also, you have too see how sensitive you are to determine if the almond meal/coconut flour etc is okay for you. I use them and I have to limit it not to cause symptoms. Get the VCO when you can....it really helps but until then you may want to do the raw garlic. It works really well for me. I cut up a clove into swallowable pieces and then down the hatch it goes.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:14 AM   #1949
Major LCF Poster!

bhappy - have you had your daughter tested for diabetes? Does she want to drink frequently, pee frequently, and is she losing weight?
Old 06-23-2010, 08:30 PM   #1950
Junior LCF Member

fit2010~
No she doesn't have symptoms of diabetes at all. Outside of the yeast issue, she is very healthy. I did find one medical journal article about how there is an actual gene that makes people Candida hypersensitive and you can have genetic testing for this to see if you are a carrier. I haven't had time to investigate this but this could explain why some people have problems with Candida and some don't. I haven't had to treat her bottom with coconut oil for quite a while but then she attends a party or something and has maybe a cupcake or something and her bottom reacts again. I feel so bad for her and am on an absolute mission to find out more.....for her and me. I would love it if someone else knew anything about this genetic potential. Anyone???
Closed Thread