Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 12:22 AM   #1891
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Good luck! I hope you find some answers soon, spacedcowgirl.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2010, 04:43 AM   #1892
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: notsooldbroad
Stats: 315/225/175
WOE: Atkins '72 then VLC
Start Date: long, long ago
Wow, I read this entire thread and I am so much wiser now! Thank You So Much to everyone who has posted here, you were all so much help.

I took a look at this thread and the more I read, the more I realized that this was about me also. I started the Candida Diet a week and a half ago and I feel so Fantastic. Of course the first 4 or 5 days had it's die off issues, but the last few days are great. The bloating/puffiness is gone, the brain fog has lifted, my knee pain is gone, it's unbelieveable. Plus I dropped 6 lbs in the process.

I must have had this issue for so long that I just got used to it.

Again, Thank You to all of you.

All the very best to each of you!
Old 04-15-2010, 07:19 PM   #1893
Major LCF Poster!

Congratulations Janet. You are taking control of your own health...that's great! It's such a revelation when I look at simple carbs and things I know my body is reacting to instead as POISON!
Old 04-21-2010, 10:48 AM   #1894
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: leisha
Stats: 210/195/155
WOE: Weight Watchers 360
Start Date: May 2014 this round!
posting to subscribe...I've had a rash on my shins for about 6
months now. I've tried everything and was about to go to the
dermatologist....I haven't tried treating it as a yeast issue before
but I am now! Thanks for all of this info!
Old 04-21-2010, 04:29 PM   #1895
Major LCF Poster!

Leisha
That's an area that sounds a little concerning to me. Are you diabetic? How is your circulation to your feet, can the doctor feel your pulses in ankles and feet? Just some thoughts. I'm a cardiovascular nurse.
Deb
Old 04-21-2010, 08:07 PM   #1896
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for your concern and questions. I'm pretty sure my blood sugar
is ok or at least it has been before. I lost about 45 pounds and was feeling great until recently. I've been reading tonight about pulse pressure because
my blood pressure has been 140 over 57 with a pulse of 57 and that is so
out of whack. I read a pressure of more than 60 should be checked out.
I also read that hyperthyroidism could cause it and I do take medication.
I wonder if my levels are too high now. I'm not taking any bp medicine now
because my bottom number always gets too low and I feel terrible! I'm calling for an appointment tomorrow. I'm starting to feel scared but I also
read that this is a problem after 50 and I just turned 50 in Feb and everything
seems to be going down hill fast!

I started this morning putting hydrogen peroxide on my legs and they seem
better. I read that's a yeast symptom is that makes it better.

I think I'm reading too much......

This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it! Psm 118:24

210 208 206 204 202 200 198 196 194 192 190 188 186 184 182 180 178 176 174 172 170 169 168 166 163 162 160 158 156

<--------My husband, sons and sweet dog!
Old 04-21-2010, 08:21 PM   #1897
Major LCF Poster!

something absolutely great and safe for any skin thing and esp yeast is virgin coconut oil (costs about $15+ dollars from health food store)

i also think the thyroid medication is a good thing to bring up with your dr because weight loss can affect your metabolism.

Good luck!
Old 04-22-2010, 06:26 AM   #1898
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks so much for your time and comments Fit2010! I just ordered
some coconut oil yesterday for the first time ever! Maybe that will
help too. I'm just a little out of sync somehow. I've been taking a
lot of supplements too. I'm thinking about dropping all of the "pills"
for awhile and see if I can get back to normal.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:24 AM   #1899
Carby Cat

Gallery: Tazcat
Quote:
Originally Posted by leisha View Post
Thanks for your concern and questions. I'm pretty sure my blood sugar
is ok or at least it has been before. I lost about 45 pounds and was feeling great until recently. I've been reading tonight about pulse pressure because
my blood pressure has been 140 over 57 with a pulse of 57 and that is so
out of whack. I read a pressure of more than 60 should be checked out.
I also read that hyperthyroidism could cause it and I do take medication.
I wonder if my levels are too high now. I'm not taking any bp medicine now
because my bottom number always gets too low and I feel terrible! I'm calling for an appointment tomorrow. I'm starting to feel scared but I also
read that this is a problem after 50 and I just turned 50 in Feb and everything
seems to be going down hill fast!

I started this morning putting hydrogen peroxide on my legs and they seem
better. I read that's a yeast symptom is that makes it better.

I think I'm reading too much......
Hi there. I just lost 30 lbs and then ended up on heavy duty antibiotics (unrelated to weight loss). I ended up with the worst yeast infection of my adult life.

I saw my OB/G yesterday - she thinks with the weight loss we should try a vaginal estrogen temporarily. So far it's working when NOTHING (and man I mean nothing - Diflucan (fluconozole), Ticonozole, Clotrimizole) else did.

I'm 46. She doesn't think right now I need it all the time - but that perhaps the weight loss had an impact.

HTH
Old 04-24-2010, 02:21 PM   #1900
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks tazcat! I'm anxiously awaiting my Monday appointment.
I'm really excited about my coconut oil too. It's scheduled for a
Monday delivery. I'll really love for that to be the miracle cure
for all of my problems. I don't like coconut at all....I guess I will
have to aquire a taste for it.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:08 PM   #1901
Major LCF Poster!

leisha, also spread the coconut oil on your legs to heal up the sores. I am sure it will work!
Old 04-26-2010, 04:47 PM   #1902
Major LCF Poster!

fit2010...my coconut oil did come today but I've been sidetracked
with my doctor visit. My thyroid was "perfect" but my sodium is
low and I'm having pvc's she said. I have a heart monitor for 24
hours and have to have an echocardiogram tomorrow. I'm worried
to death! I was so sure my thyroid numbers were going to be
out of range and that's why I've been dragging. Guess not!
Old 04-27-2010, 10:36 PM   #1903
Major LCF Poster!

Don't be worried to death, I wouldn't be surprised if you have mitral valve prolapse (MVP), which is common in about 1/4 of all women. I have it, so did 3 of my aunts, and my daughter was just diagnosed with it. It started causing me to have symptoms when I was pregnant about 24 years ago....I started on medications for it when symptoms were more frequent about 14 years ago (I've been on Atenolol due to PVCs and occasional heart racing since then). It's not a huge issue.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:18 AM   #1904
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: orafaerygirl
Candida: my special friend/foe!

Iíve had intestinal, systemic Candida my entire life!
I use to suffer from 3 to 4 bouts of strep throat a year, all throughout my child hood and into adult hood. Each bout entailed a two week course on antibiotics. I have severe allergies, including food allergies, multi-allergy testing sense childhood, 5 years of shots, etc. I have hypothyroidism and hypoglycemia. I was sick all the time. I canít begin to describe to you how awful I use to feel for the majority of my life. I had multi-symptoms, always coming and going; I never felt good and didnít remember a time when I did feel good, ever! By the time I was 24 years old I wanted to die! No allopathic doctor could help me, or even figure out what was wrong with me! I went to therapy for two years to see if it was ďall in my headĒ.
Finely I decided it was Candida, and Iím highly allergic to yeast/mold/mildew, etc.
I took matters into my own hands, trying every know natural and/or homeopathic/naturopathic product on the market, spent tons of money, read everything I could get my hands on, then eventually came to where Iím at right now with my health.
I live with Candida but now Iím balanced! Iím healthier then I can ever remember being, lean, strong, happy and truly living!
I havenít been sick in years! No strep throat, colds or flu and my allergies have all but disappeared along with my excess weight (60+ pounds). Iím clear headed, have tons of energy and Iím symptom free, unless of coarse I blow it by eating the wrong food/drink then itís an immediate return to my former immuneless, sick, aging self. No, this is not a commercial! Itís me wanting to help you, save you some money, and get you on the road to recovery because I wish somebody would have helped me! Iím not a nutritionist, doctor, or the like and make no claims. This is what works for me; maybe it will work for you too!

Diet:
I only eat the fallowing foods: Everything is as ORGANIC and as fresh as possible! I try to buy as locally as I can. I always combine my food: Ĺ proteins to Ĺ low carb veggies/fruits, etc.

ē Protein: all forms of lean, organic, hormone free, free range, meats, eggs, ocean fish/seafood, nuts, and seeds. I exclude all Goitrogenic food (interferes with the production of thyroid hormones), such as peanuts, pine nuts, and soy products. I do not eat any form of dairy with the occasional exception of tiny amounts of plain non-fat yogurt. I completely avoid all cured meats. Best Choices: Almonds (almond meal/flour to thicken sauces, almond milk) Brazil Nuts, Sunflower/Flax/Pumpkin/Sesame Seeds, Walnuts, etc.
ē Veggies/Fruits: Avoid all starchy veggies: Unsweetened Coconut Milk, Oils, Fresh, Flour, etc. (excellent for hypothyroidism, immune system and raising HDL while lowering bad LDL cholesterol), Corn (popped in Coconut oil/Olive oil), Prunes and Dates in tiny amounts for flavor, used like a spice. Avocados, Asparagus, Carrot, Lima Beans, Squash, Greens, Parsley, Celery, Sprouts (Alfalfa, Bean, etc), Garlic, Cucumber, Mint, other fresh herbs. Fruits eaten sparingly: Tomato, Berries, Cherries, Cranberries, Apricots, Grapefruit, Lemon. I avoid all coniferous veggies, peaches, radishes, and spinach (Goitrogenic food).
ē Other Foods: Spices are ok but look out for fillers/flavor boosters/chemicals and colorings. Try growing an herb garden instead and drying your own spices! Celtic Sea Salt, Coconut, Olive and Sesame Oils, Seaweed, Tahini, Lentils, Wild Rice and Sweet Potatoes in moderation. Unsweetened Chocolate Powder and for a special treat, organic 60/40% Chocolate )
ē Over the Counter: Organic Lšrabar, V8 Splash Berry Blends (diluted with filtered water), Tomato Juice (low sodium). Check you brands, read the labels, make your own trail mixes, snacks, salad dressings, and high fiber smoothies, etc. Donít buy anything that has un-natural, un-healthy ingredients, for me that means anything artificial, chemical, etc. If you must use sweetener use natural Stevia! Try the ďotherĒ flowers: coconut, and almond.
ē Avoid: Gluten, Sugar, Dairy, Alcohol, and all starchy foods. If you really must have a cocktail, try vodka with a little lime, but be warned! It will cause Candida to go nuts, and you may have intense Carb cravings the next day, not to mention it throws your low carb diet off!
ē Other: Irish Moss and Kelp combined help to balance hormonal deficiency, increase metabolic rate and thyroid activity, detoxify the body and increase blood circulation. Take 3parts Calcium to 1part Magnesium daily- add trace minerals (Mezzo Trace Mineral Tablets work great for me), take a Multi-Vitamin, B (complex multi B including folic acid), C (natural anti-histamine- your berries give you quite a lot!), E, and plenty of essential fatty acids either in food or pill form (organic fish oils). Ginseng for hormone support if needed, Echinacea (immune support when needed) plenty of garlic, and most importantly: Fiber, Pre-Pro Biotics, and Enzymes (I use the Renew Life Products) taken as needed through out the day. All our bodiesí glands and hormones are made from protein; eat high quality lean protein at every meal. Vitamin B and essential fatty acids balance the hormonal system. Low progesterone goes hand in hand with low thyroid, avoid foods that promote oestorgen dominance, eat organic meats/eggs. Give your body plenty of fuel to run on, donít starve yourself!

I eat between 20-30 carbs a day. I stretch, do yoga, walk, swim, aerobic like dance, (modified for my back and knee issues), and/or that weird glider machine my hubby bought, and I get plenty of sunshine (more then 30 minutes a day and Iím slapping on the 30 - 50 SPF). Iím a coffee person, no more then two cups a day and I like green tea iced with lemon in the Spring, Summer, and Fall (I live in Georgia). I eat when Iím hungry, sometimes that means all day, other times I snack like a sparrow, still other times Iím starved at night and eat only then. I exercise when I notice Iím not soar from the last exercise session, my body tells me when to get up and move and/or when to relax. Iím 5í8Ē tall and weight about 132lbs. My cholesterol, blood pressure and over all health is (including the colon- very important) in excellent condition now (better then its been my whole life) but if Iím not eating right I can gain weight very easily, slip into hypothyroidism, hypoglycemia, the allergies and the Candida will go completely nuts and the whole body slips back into what I like to call a seriously compromised defenseless state!
Itís a no brainier for me now, if that food/beverage (at the party, gathering, store, restaurant menu, etc) is not listed as stated above I simply will not eat/drink it! I consider them to be poison; at least it is to my body!
I only use non-chemical all natural body products/makeup/cleaning/garden products, etc. I henna my hair! I use GSE (grapefruit seed extract) to gargle with, wash veggies, etc. My house is ďmostlyĒ allergen free- needs a good vacuuming today, full of live plants, and my garden outside is organic too! I make my pooch organic homemade dog food!
I suggest you find a good Endocrinologist if you have Thyroid issues, you may need synthetic Tyrosine, otherwise if your hypo like I am with a need for mild/moderate support, this diet might help you too!

The only drugs I take are: Plain baby aspirin when my muscles are really soar or Iíve got a nasty headache- which is rare these days! (Willow Bark tea works better for both conditions) I find Advil and Tylenol to be too aggravating to my Candida, making it worse. I have Sudafed in the house for allergies, though I havenít taken any in over 3 years now! When the pollen goes up or out which ever you prefer, I add a lot more vitamin C to my diet!

I lost the weight on this diet, lost the allergies and have found a balance with my Candida. I believe you can too! Good Luck!
Old 04-28-2010, 05:33 AM   #1905
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: notsooldbroad
Stats: 315/225/175
WOE: Atkins '72 then VLC
Start Date: long, long ago
Orafaerygirl, Thank You So Much for this valuable information.

Three weeks ago I began treating myself for candida and I feel so much better already. I am excited about incorporating your WOE into mine.

Again, Thank You.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:22 AM   #1906
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bhappy
Stats: 147/135/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 2009
orafaerygirl,
I just wanted you to know this was a great posting! This was very informative and helpful to other sufferers. I too live in GA and have the extreme mold/yeast allergy. My allergist says I am the worst they treat.....great to be recognized for that, ha,ha. I had a couple of questions for you: (1). have you always lived in GA and if not, did your candida symptoms improve when living somewhere else? I am not from here and question whether my candida symptoms would improve if I lived somewhere the mold wasn't such an issue. I had candida symptoms at home but nothing compared to what I am dealing with here. (2). I occasionally want a cocktail and you mentioned the vodka, but do you know if any alcohol is less reactive with the candida? I used to be a huge red wine lover (and boy do I miss it) and that really makes my candida bad. (3) how long have you been eating this way? Are you to the point you can cheat sometimes without gettting hugely symptomatic? What do you eat for "sweet" treats?
My story sounds a lot like yours. I too am experiencing the best health I've had in years but it still is difficult to eat/drink with so many restrictions. I miss ice cream, chocolate, wine, pasta meals, etc but I do love eating so much healthier. I just wonder if I could ever get to the point of being able to enjoy those things in moderation without it sendin the candida over the top. I get symptomatic pretty quickly from cheating.....ugh! It doesn't sound like anyone ever really gets cured from this, they just learn how to coexist with this beast and keep it under control.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:08 PM   #1907
Junior LCF Member

Notsooldbroad,
I’m so glad your treating yourself for Candida! It’s amazing how much better you feel when you do, how alert you feel, even your eyes shine brighter! That knowing of a certain “wellness” that arises from ones core is the best high anybody could ever have, I think.

Be marvelous, you’re worth it! )

Last edited by orafaerygirl; 04-28-2010 at 11:11 PM.. Reason: Needed addressee!
Old 04-29-2010, 03:31 AM   #1908
Junior LCF Member

Bhappy,
Thank you! I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area, a mostly dry and sunny climate. My allergies including the mold/yeast were extreme the entire time I lived their. I lived in Washington State for several years and saw no improvement. Next I moved to Germany for three years, at first it was the same, and then I moved into a small village, the house I lived in had a basement riddled with some type of black mold that wasn’t their (most likely the fresh paint covered it up) at first, then about 6 months later it started appearing. My allergies sky rocketed (before I even new it was growing down their), I had frequent and reoccurring severe asthma, Candida, allergies, rashes and finely pneumonia. My weak immune system took a devastating and serious plunge, I was hospitalized. My hubby moved everything out of that flat while I was in the hospital. He cleaned absolutely everything we owned and got a different flat, a dehumidifier and air purifier. He threw out our vacuum and bought a really expensive one designed for allergy suffers, bless his heart!
I believe mold in a home or area can affect you as the spores tend to travel in the air. My immune system is stronger now then it ever was and that seems to be my best defense against any type of allergy though I still have some very severe allergic reactions to certain foods. My low carb diet keeps the yeast, which provokes my allergies, in check! Living in Georgia (hot, humid, moldy- for 2 Ĺ years) at this stage of my recovery has not adversely affected me. I still purify my air, use a dehumidifier and keep the house really clean/allergy free, no chemicals, etc.
I believe there are hundreds of types of molds; you may be allergy to a specific one or all of them?
I use a GSE (grapefruit seed extract- careful it can burn a raw, tender nose) nasal spray and/or nasal/saline irrigator for my sinuses these days! When I’m out in all this pollen we’ve had or suspect other air born allergens I wash my nose, hair, body, out! Try not to sleep with allergens (mold) clinging to your body, it really helps!

When I want a cocktail I drink vodka/lime because it seems to do the least amount of damage. I know alcohol (all alcohol) is breaking down into acetaldehyde (toxic poison) then converted into acetate in my system. Candida itself is a by product of yeast fermentation, just like alcohol. I’ve got a 24/7 brewery going on in my intestines which puts a major strain on my liver, when I add more acetaldehyde (Booze) to that I get weaker, fatigued, exhausted, hung over, etc., more so then a non-candida infected drinker would. It causes a spectacular increase in my sugar cravings the next day as well (the yeast says feed me more!!), all I want to do is eat tons of carbs!
Instead, (I feel like superwoman for resisting these intense cravings) I feed my body the fiber/enzymes/pro-biotics and eat really health food, especially Lysine and Molybdenum Picolinate (Trace Mineral) which removes most of the remaining acetaldehyde from my system, in fact if I can, I’ll have a Virgin Flush: a couple of raw eggs (Lysine source) with vinegar-free tomato/veggie juice (parsley/cilantro) and the trace mineral(s) with a dusting of chili pepper before bed, that really helps!
I absolutely love red wine, unfortunately it does not love me ( it has some carbs, and sulfites. I’m mildly allergic to sulfites (300 ppm), not good for a girl who grew up in the Napa Valley area! None the less, I WILL (because I love it!) drink red wine, but only on very special occasions! There are quite a few naturally lower in sulfite wines available. Sulfites are naturally developed in grape wine; red wine has less then white. Few manufactures/wineries actually add sulfites and most wine headaches are not actually caused by sulfites but that can be another topic.

I love chocolate and will eat organic 60/40% chocolate for treats and/or make my own candy (chocolate, nut, unsweetened coconut) bars etc. I think the secret to being on such a restricted diet (almost 10 years now) is absolute creativity and planning. I’m not obsessed with it and I really don’t like cooking all that much…. But with a little ingenuity you can make some really tasty recipes, jot them down (trial and error) and keep the recipes handy for busier times. I always keep food available for snacking, veggie sticks, nuts, popcorn, hard boiled eggs, etc. When I’m really hungry I want fast food, as in right now! Not the drive thru. I eat pasta! I make my own with almond/coconut flour, eggs, etc., it’s a lot of fun, I make the noodles about 6 feet long and air dry them on a clothing rack! I make smoothies (smooth and creamy like ice cream) with almond/coconut milk, fresh coconut, carrots, blueberries, and a heaping tablespoon of chocolate powder, etc., you can do all sorts of smoothies! Sauces break up monotony; I love to dip so I get real creative with that! Vegan Rice Cheese is awesome (low carb, non-dairy, non-soy), layer this with your homemade almond noodles/breads/crusts/tacos and favorite sauce/herbs and eat lasagna, pizza, enchiladas, etc!
After all these years I still have issues with Candida, that’s why I call it my friend or foe! It never goes away, always lurking and waiting to grow out of control like the nasty evasive beast it is! Right now I’m friends with it, but all it takes is that poison food/carbs and it becomes the monster again! It’s a necessary evil, one that I truly despise, but now that I know I can actually feel good, after all my suffering, just by eating? That’s definitely something I can live with!

Be marvelous, you’re worth it! )
Old 04-29-2010, 08:40 AM   #1909
Major LCF Poster!

orafaerygirl,
It is interesting to hear from someone who is so advanced in her candida control! I knew I had I some issues for over 20 years but didn't know what is was called or what to do until I saw an allergist here in KS and he told me about the Candida Diet about 10 years ago. I'd already discovered that some foods made me crave the carbs and sweets more and that symptoms of epigastric bloating and achiness in joints were a result. About 9 years ago I had my blood tested and I was found to be allergic to most of the weeds, trees, and grasses in KS. (Oh great!) So I took specially formulated allergy sublingual drops, which helped lessen symptoms about 50% but I still had/have intermittent sinus infections result from allergies. My latest thing is joining mediweightloss clinic, following the protein/low carb diet (rarely have fruit), have lost 30 lbs in the past 4 months and feel SO much better! I still have allergies/sinus problems and have been using saline nasal washings (like with a netti pot) when I need to, and during one last infection even added a little hydrogen pyroxide to the distilled water to kill the infection, my ENT even approved. Makes it difficult as I drive 30 miles to get to work, driving past milo fields which are notorious for being dusty!

I'd love to have you share some of your recipes. Particularly for your "candy bars" and your pasta and smoothies.

Congratulations on your health turn-around. How much weight did you lose?
Old 04-29-2010, 08:58 AM   #1910
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mork
orafaerygirl- I see you have struggled with allergies too. My doc is suggesting surgery but I am hoping to avoid. Fawn is helping me with supplements and I will change my diet but in the mean time-I can just feel my sinuses swelling right now and becoing plugged. Any suggestions on what to do in the mean time for this until my other things start to help?
Thank you. I am doing flonase, zyrtec d and some benedryl at night.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:42 AM   #1911
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mork
bump
Old 04-29-2010, 10:27 AM   #1912
Major LCF Poster!

I have had 3 sinus surgeries within 1 1/2 years 22 years ago and it helped to relieve SO much drainage and pain: had a right maxillary cald-wel-luc procedure so the pile of infection no longer drove me crazy feeling like I had a popcorn kernel stuck between my upper right teeth!, next had the original opening to the right maxillary sinus opened wider to allow infection to be flushed out, next had cryosurgery to peel off the mucus membranes off the turbinates so I make less mucus. All this was done while living in San Diego. Then moved to KS and hoped to have move away from my allergy problems (had been allergic to Eucalyptus trees in CA). But no! Developed allergies in KS and have been fighting infections here too. Eventually needed to have a rhinoplasty to straighten my deviated nasal septum cuz I'd never been able to breathe through the left nostril and when I got an infection on the left it was a huge deal and for 3 days had lost my hearing, yuk! Surgeries have been life-changing for the better for me....made me more comfortable and able to flush my own sinuses instead of being SUCH a victim of allergies. Now I can sometimes flush my sinuses and prevent an allergy response from turning into an infection. Daily (for years) I use Flonase nasal spray and Allegra, but still, being in KS when pollen and dust is up and especially when I'm immune depressed (as in not watching what I eat to avoid Candida, not getting enough rest, stressed) I can develop an infection. Besides, I hate taking antibiotics unless I really HAVE to because they can trigger Candida overgrowth! Also, when infections have been really bad in the past I'd been put on steroids, which FURTHER trigger Candida overgrowth, AND have a side effect of making me hungry!

We just live and learn. If what I've learned can help someone else, especially to NOT be afraid of surgery for the sake of feeling MORE comfortable, then great! Go for it!

Last edited by Fit2010; 04-29-2010 at 10:35 AM..
Old 04-30-2010, 01:14 AM   #1913
Junior LCF Member

I’m also allergic to all the trees, grasses, weeds, pollens, etc. too, along with countless other allergens. I’ve done all the testing, skin and blood. When I was in 4th grade after one particularly nasty allergy testing session, my teacher had me stand up and “show and tell” the class, I had ĺ inch long scratch lines in two rows from wrist to armpit, and multiple scratches covering my whole back, a lot of these test sites were welted and oozing from the allergens! It was very embarrassing!
I had the more conventional injections for my allergies along with countless types of drugs. I would have preferred the sublingual drop therapy but this method of delivery was not being offered thru the hospital/provider unfortunately, as I really despise shots!
I took a huge variety of the various allergy medications/shots etc, for 30+ years. They helped with the symptoms, (runny nose/rhinitis, itchy eyes, congestion, asthma/bronchitis, rashes/eczema, contact dermatitis/hives, angioedema, even sciatica brought on by my inflammatory responses, etc.) sometimes, but these medications and immunotherapy’s never really addressed the fundamental issue of building my immune system, but rather altered what little immune system I had!
The side effects of all the drugs caused more and more problems as the years went on! I practically lived in the doctors’ office! I spent more time at home sick and doing packets/homework from school then actually being in a class room it seemed! I became non-responsive to medications. My parents refused surgery (sinus and tonsils- yes I still have my tonsils!), but as an adult I was considering it, but before I did that I wanted to desperately find an alternative, any alternative, as the whole idea of more surgery really scared me! I say more surgery because I’ve broken so many bones in my body, including my nose three times, right knee, both legs, wrist, left arm twice, 2 toes, one finger, etc., my head went through a windshield in a auto accident, lost my hearing in my left ear. I have had too many surgeries, too many times!

When I turned to a whole food-low carb allergy free diet and naturopathic alternatives I found relief like none I’ve ever experienced before! When I’m on top of my diet/exercise my allergies all but disappear! Naturopathic treatments, vital nutrients, hormone regulation and strong antimicrobial/antifungal support have been the only thing that has improved my immune system! I firmly believe that the key to my good health now is mainly my bowels/colon! I say this because when I first started with the Pro-Biotics, Fiber (Flax and Arabinogalactan) and Enzymes, my body started to eliminate a nasty, itchy, whitish diarrhea (sorry that’s gross) which I believe was yeast. I did coffee enemas, and went through a total detoxification process. You would not believe the nasty stuff that had came out of my body! Colonic hydrotherapy is part of my life now, and what I consider to be the key!

Here’s a list of some of my favorite anti-allergy supplements/foods, etc:
Zinc: For enzymatic function, blood sugar metabolism, protein metabolism, etc. This mineral is one of the most important and vital nutrients for immune function.
Coconut Oil: Highest source of Lauric acid (along with breast milk- I was not a breast fed baby!).
Vitamin D
• Pro-Biotics
• Sugar Free Diet
Fish Oils: Free of heavy metals and toxins like dioxins and PCB’s.
Astragalus: For its immunomodulating activity.
• Butterbur (Petasites hybridus): Antihistamine, hay fever- esp. grass allergies.
• Saline Nasal Spray: To reduce or thin mucous, and clean out the sinuses. Add some Goldenseal tea to this spray which is astringent and a local antibacterial- works great on my sinus infections! I use additive free natural Celtic Sea Salt, and chlorine free filtered water. H2O2 and GSE- can sting a swollen hurt nose, but they work great too!
Quercetin and Vitamin C are my top major allergy symptom reducers!
• Irrigate your bowels: It’s gross, no one likes it, but it works for me!

Let me see about getting a few of my recipes up here Debbie and congratulations to you too on your fantastic weight loss! I’ve lost about 60+ pounds I’m guessing
Old 04-30-2010, 05:48 AM   #1914
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: msyvonne
Orafaerygirl thank you so much!!
I have been a candida sufferer as well. 3 sinus surgeries and too much $ on docs as well as Rx.
I am now taking matters into my own hands. 1500mg of vitamin C every hour, oil of organo as per the bottle 12 drops in 1 ounce of water 3 X per day. ooo playing games with my out of balance stomach, but otherwise waiting for die off to end. I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:18 AM   #1915
Major LCF Poster!

orafaerygirl - What a post! I had strep throat/tonsilitis for almost every month while living in Hawaii (military brat) in 7th and 8th grade and was on Penicillin almost monthly for 10 days. When we moved I no longer got strep. But when living in Japan (graduated there and stayed there for 2 more years as Dad assigned) I got tonsilitis again and after it was treated then had my tonsils removed. Fast forward about 34 years....I developed a really, really sore throat (this was also the time I lost my hearing for 3 days) and ENT looked down my throat and said one of my tonsils had partially grown back and it looked like I had cancer of it! He biopsied it and it was ok. I was put on mega antibiotics and all cleared up, still have a tonsil tag. My recommendation: get your tonsils out. They can be harboring infection there for you....they are supposed to prevent worsening infection but if they are defective and not stopping you from having tonsilitis/strep throat then you are further exposing yourself to antibiotics which furthers your candida/yeast--vicious cycle, no win situation.

Antibiotics are lifesavers and should be used when necessary....otherwise you can have a sinus or ear infection turn into meningitis or encephalitis or sepsis. So, whatever we can do to keep ourselves healthy, clear, and inflammation-free is an important step taken!
Old 05-01-2010, 07:34 PM   #1916
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Bikerchick
WOE: LC
Start Date: Oct 9 2012
I took Dr Crooks Yeast test which I found back on page 17 or so; said my score was 464, or 83 percent...Wow
Old 05-02-2010, 01:31 AM   #1917
Junior LCF Member

Msyvonne,

I’m glad that you’re taking your health matters into your own hands; we are, after all, our own best advocates! The 1500mg (1 Ĺ grams) of vitamin C every hour would be way too much for my system. I can only handle about 2000mg total a day, and that’s after I slowly built up my tolerance. Too much can cause diarrhea and could muck up some tests and interfere with anticoagulants. I don’t want to have too much of a good thing!
Candida die off (Herxheimer) reactions can be lessened with multi-nutrient supplements (for yeast related deficiencies), fiber (absorbs and carries toxins away) and digestive enzymes (esp, proteases- remove dead yeast cells that cause the die-off). Don’t forget the Pro-Biotics, the gut needs the right bacteria to function properly.
That being said, all things in moderation/balance and you indeed are on your way to the light at the end of the tunnel, but why not make yourself more comfy while doing it?
Old 05-02-2010, 07:57 PM   #1918
Junior LCF Member

orafaerygirl,
You do seem well established with this. I think I could eat with more variety, etc if I was only cooking for me, but I have to cook for my kids too and they are not as interested in a lot of this food. My kids do seem to have candida issues also so I am strict with their sugar and try to push veggies and lean protein but they are 3 and 6 and society feeds kids sugar for every little thing. Being a working mom of 2 young kids, I have not been able to experiment with making lots of different foods. It's easy to find recipes for LC but not so much for anti-candida. So, if you have the time/ability to post any of your recipes, I would be very grateful. I seem to eat the same type of foods in the same type of way over and over and I'm getting really bored with it.
I actually take a lot of the same supplements you do. I'm still trying to determine which anti-fungals my body responds to the best. I am a big fan of colloidal silver. Hey, I used to sick a lot before having my tonsils out and then got much better. I have had pneumonia 6 times in 8 years of living in GA and since I started eating like this, I have been so much healthier. Everyone around me can't believe it. I'm in the process of looking for a naturopath to help guide me, etc and may have found one in Newnan. I'd be interested to know medically why you cannot be healed from candida if you follow the diet long enough with the anti fungals, etc. I know it must be true because everyone says the same thing, but do you know why you can't every truly get rid of it? Ok, enough rambling for the evening.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:20 AM   #1919
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: msyvonne
Orafaerygirl,
I did cut back on the vitamin C. I do take probiotics and acidophyllus 2X daily. As well as the ooo. My bottle calls for 12 drops 3X per day. As well as an erray of other supplements. It has been one week and I am still having headaches & pressure, sinus related, otherwise energy is coming back gradually. It is a horrible sinus season here in NE Pa, but I am getting thru it. To reduce use of perscriptions what recomendations do you have for sinus sufferers? I rinse daily. I know dairy is a major culprit for me and have not eaten any in a week. Prior it was only on special occasions. I do have tree & mold allergies. I have givenup on medical doctors. I have been on antibiotics and prednisone for the last 6 months more on than off. Would greatly appreciate any other thoughts you might have for me.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:07 AM   #1920
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msyvonne View Post
Orafaerygirl,
I did cut back on the vitamin C. I do take probiotics and acidophyllus 2X daily. As well as the ooo. My bottle calls for 12 drops 3X per day. As well as an erray of other supplements. It has been one week and I am still having headaches & pressure, sinus related, otherwise energy is coming back gradually. It is a horrible sinus season here in NE Pa, but I am getting thru it. To reduce use of perscriptions what recomendations do you have for sinus sufferers? I rinse daily. I know dairy is a major culprit for me and have not eaten any in a week. Prior it was only on special occasions. I do have tree & mold allergies. I have givenup on medical doctors. I have been on antibiotics and prednisone for the last 6 months more on than off. Would greatly appreciate any other thoughts you might have for me.
msyvonne,
Whenever I am "yeasty" I get more sinus congestion and pressure and I start putting colloidal silver in my neti pot. It helps me. I'm not sure how much you're supposed to use, I usually put around 1/2 teaspoon in each rinse. That may be conservative since we can take much more than that orally on a daily basis as an antifungal. Just thought I'd add my two cents for you in case it helps.
Closed Thread