Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Candida and Yeast
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2010, 11:02 PM   #1861
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: granny on the go
Long time since I came to this site. I did better for a while and then went on another binge (carbs). It gets worse. I gained back the 15 pounds I'd lost too. Guess I need a support group a little more. Knowing what to do and doing it are two different things.

The biggest change in my life recently has been digestive enzymes. I kept wondering how I could take thousands of dollars worth of supplements and eat a good diet and still not get any better. I got Jarish Herxheimer (die off) really bad at first. But after about 10 days it got better and even my prescription medications work now.

The grapefruit seed extract works great! Just don't forget to put back the helpful flora as it kills that off also. Get a probiotic that has as many strains in it as you can afford. lol

Must get off my feet now as I washed my prescription support stockings and risk a DVT or something if I just let my left leg swell up. But, I've got some cures for some of the problems I've been reading about w/ear infections, rashes, getting the kids to stay on a diet, etc. Will try to get some of that posted when I get up later in the day.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2010, 10:44 AM   #1862
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bhappy
Stats: 147/135/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 2009
cfcandidamom~
You poor thing! As someone who has been sick a lot in my life, I empathize with how difficult it is to be sick in so many ways. However, I completely agree with Fit2010 and that this is one of your best resources to get better. I have never been healthier than I am now since finding this site. I too am extremely allergic to mold and have had pneumonia 6 times in 8 years and on, and on, and on. I will say this though, because of the seriousness of your ailments, I would definitely have a physician support system also. But only one very familiar with systemic candida. I found a dr who practices Eastern/Western medicine and he was very concerned with my lung situation and put me on a chinese herbal tea that helped tremendously.....along with my huge amount of supplements. You need to be careful as you progess through this transition period. You'd be supprised how much the candida causes additional problems in your health (immune mediated problems).
If you want to do a prescription antifungal, I would not waste your time with Fluconazole. The majority of candida is resistant to it at this point. There are others that are more potent but all have their own negative side effects. You're probably better off to approach it the natural way. Take the time to read this entire thread.....it will be worth the time and effort. How you need to start, what you need to take, how much you need to take, etc is all outlined here - you just have to piece it together. I can't imagine where I'd be today if I hadn't found this site. Also, it's worth the money to get good quality supplements (as in many things in life....you get what you pay for!)

On a note of hope/encouragement: The vast majority of all my symptoms with different ailments have gone away as I have fought the candida beast!! It is no easy or quick fight but boy is it worth it. Good luck to you and dive in!
Old 03-08-2010, 05:50 PM   #1863
Junior LCF Member

Just a quick note: ear fungus...Even w/good insurance the steroid prescription for my ears cost a $40. copay. It smelled like vinegar so I guess it was vinegar and a steroid. What I do now is to wash my ears while wearing the exfoliation gloves that I wear when I shower. Then rinse well. I use a small wash cloth to dry them, then a cotton swab. After that I run some warm air into them w/the hair dryer. That is the best method I've found.

But, they've been worse lately since I had taken up eating lotsa' carbs. ho ho And, of course, we all know at this site that is a great way to end up as one of the "walking dead". If candida gets really bad you are going to be miserably ill unless you do something about it.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:32 PM   #1864
Junior LCF Member

To Fit 2010: Yes, a fast (w/electrolytes, of course) can do wonders for your knowledge of what is making you ill. I had an upper and lower GI scopes in November. If you don't know, the day before your procedure you can only have liquids, but not milk. Then that evening you fill a 1 gallon jug that has an electrolyte powder in it. Add water and then drink a glass of the solution every 10-15 minutes. After about the 3rd glass you will only be leaving the bathroom when it is time to drink anothr glass of the solution. LOL After midnight you aren't allowed to eat or drink anything until after the procedure.
But, when I went back to eating I found out what had been giving me so much trouble. The gas and later constipation hit only a short time after I indulged in something made w/milk. The indigestion and allergy symptoms hit shortly after I had some carbs. So yes, a short fast can let you know what it is that is making you ill or uncomfortable.
Oh yes, I have inflammation in the bottom of my stomach and a small hiatial hernia. But, they can't find out if it is candida w/o a biopsy.
But, from what I read, the candida gives you leaky gut and that is how the food you eat gets to your blood stream w/o being digested.
Which brings me to the sinus infection I've had for more for than a year. Even the iv antibiotic for the e coli didn't make a dent in the sinus infection. But, since I started taking some good digestive enzymes the sinus infection is clearing up slowly on its own. Its only been a month since I started taking them, it should be gone in another month or 2. I've been using salt water snizzles w/a little hydrogen peroxide to irrigate my sinuses for 6-8 months and had only helped it a little. Oh yes, the Zithromax I took for that last bronchial pneumonia hadn't helped the sinus infection in the least. And....my prescription medicines are really working! They are much more effective. My CFS and fibromyalgia are much improved as well.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:17 AM   #1865
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mork
Glad I found this site! So, digestive enzymes along with the probiotics?
Also, I have a teenager who has acne and was just given antibiotics with a refills for a year!! What do you suggest instead of the antibiotics? I don't want him to deal with yeast issues! Thanks. i have a lot of reading to do here!
Old 03-10-2010, 10:33 AM   #1866
Major LCF Poster!

bump! Trying to read as much as I can here but there is a lot of great info! Can you tell me where to start please! Thanks...
Old 03-10-2010, 02:32 PM   #1867
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bobbin
WOE: High fat, moderate protein, low carb
Mork, I read most of it, and got to the 2nd to the last page, where Fawn told me to try colloidal silver. I think it's worked great for me!

In regards to your teens acne, I know I've seen her recommend cod liver oil, and I've heard that works great. You could try to PM her, she's a wealth of information, and really loves to help people out!!

Good luck!
Old 03-11-2010, 08:07 AM   #1868
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ironicwoman
Stats: 205/185/160
WOE: JUDDD ~ It's working! It's working!
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 2/02/12 ReStarted JUDDD: 3/25/14
So Bobbin, what dosage of the CS were you taking and how long did it take to work? My husband has self diagnosed himself with candida (jock itch that won't go away/and a weird itch/sinus problems. I bought the CS yesterday, along with some probotics and some coconut oil.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:59 PM   #1869
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: fawn
ironic, your DH has candida for sure.

3-6 tsp. daily and he's probably going to do well with garlic.

He should also rinse his sinuses with the CS since it's a sinus issue also.

Mork pm'd me and this is my advice for teenage acne because at the rate docs are prescribing antibiotics, your boys will be here with jock itch and other issues as well.

Remember folks, Accutane is a synthetic form of vitamin A. However, there are some side effects that are frightening. There's a warning right on the label that it causes birth defects. The depression, aggressive behavior, etc. is caused by synthetic A
So, with that being said, your children need vitamin A in the retinol form. The only way to obtain it is through that of cod liver oil. Find one that is at least 2000 IU of Vitamin A per serving (tsp) and have your children take 1-2 tbs. daily. Don't worry about toxicity. In some 3rd world countries, they're administering 200,000 IU therapeutically.

My second recommendation (both necessary) is an herb called Vitex. Now don't freak when you hear it's an herb for peri-post menopausal women. Hormones are hormones and herbalists have been using Vitex on pubescent cystic acne for years. I used it on my own son. Sadly, I had my nephew on it when his uneducated father wouldn't allow him to take it any longer and the acne returned. It works, and it works well.

Antibiotics are to save lives not clear skin.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:01 PM   #1870
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cfcandidamom
Bhappy-thank you. I will journal the details of my meetings later but I have talked with my pulmonologist, family doc who is a FNP with a 'foot in both door' so to speak she practices eastern medicine part time too, I am considering a consult with my gastro, and I just got back from stanford consulting with a second pulmonologist.

Right now I started on the fluconozale not sure if I will stay on that, pulmonologist wants me on voriconazole because of another issue but it would also treat the candida (I believe they are the same issue, more later). Myself I have decided to 'go like gangbusters' and see how much I can tolerate to erradicate it now and keep it gone naturally.

I plunked down $100 at health food store today for high quality coconut oil, aged garlic extract with allicin, coconut milk Kefir, ACVw/mother, and a couple other items
Old 03-11-2010, 08:22 PM   #1871
Junior LCF Member

To Mork: My teen is going to be 43 this Sept! LOL
That means I am really old, but have traveled many roads. I know that antibiotics often work well for teen acne. But, I've also read horror stories of the acne sufferer ending up w/schizophrenia or general illnesses that we now know are caused by candida.

I took my teen to a great allergist and then gave him some of my powdered nystatin (1/8 teaspoon) when he would over indulge and eat sweets. It would get rid of his acne over night. Now, the message behind this is that tetracycline treats symptoms; and low carb and antifungals treats the cause. One is easy, the other? Not so easy.

The first step is to realize that "teen acne" isn't actually normal just because most teens have it. It is a symptom of "dis ease" just as a fever or vomiting is a symptom. Your teen already has an allergy or B vitamin deficiency, maybe vitamins A and C as well.

If you decide to go the antibiotic route be sure to provide all the good quality probiotics you can afford. Also, be sure your teen gets low carb, high fiber food daily. Good luck!!
As the old saying goes, "raising teenagers is like trying to nail Jello to a tree".
Old 03-12-2010, 11:15 AM   #1872
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you for the information! Very helpful. I looked again at the Rx and it is for ONE year! And it is Doxycycline. I talked to him a little bit about it this morning. I know he will take the supplements but the low carb thing will be very hard for him. He is a huge eater and likes some junk too.
I guess I need to buckle down for everyones sake and health around here. It is so hard though!
Old 03-14-2010, 09:53 PM   #1873
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbinga2
how is candida diagnosed?

thanks!
Old 03-15-2010, 09:47 AM   #1874
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: spacedcowgirl
I am new here and want to thank everyone so much for the invaluable information in this thread. Finally read all 63 pages. Honestly, I don't know if I have candida... I seem to have symptoms of both it and thyroid/adrenal issues, and they all seem to go hand in hand. So, I probably have at least a minor problem with it. I got a lot of ear infections as a kid and continue to have a moderate number as an adult, so I have taken my share of antibiotics for sure.

So--and I realize this is not the prescribed order of doing things but I wanted to do something rather than nothing and frankly don't have a lot of willpower--I have started taking coconut oil (usually 2 T in one of the pumpkin egg creams from upthread for breakfast, and 2 T in something else later in the day, maybe mixed into my Greek yogurt or something), ACV (about 1 T morning and night in a glass of Nature Made "Immuni-C" with some sea salt for adrenals--tastes disgusting, and yes, the Immuni-C has some sugar but I'm trying to use it up), and Whole Foods brand refrigerated probiotic twice a day. Also eating a lot of eggs. A LOT of eggs, thank god for Costco, LOL. I made some fresh pickles with various veggies, garlic, and the unfiltered ACV and have been eating those. The whole thing usually falls apart by dinnertime but at least I am getting some vegetables and protein into myself these days. So those are sort of my baby steps.

It would be hard to emphasize enough how removed from the low-carb lifestyle I am--it's not something I have ever seriously researched and I am one of those people who I'm sure you all hate who always dismissed Dr. Atkins as a quack. I lost a bunch of weight on Weight Watchers over the past 3 1/2 years... and it's not like I was doing "Core" either. Though I tried to get all my fruits and veggies and milk in, I was a classic "If I stay within my points and am losing weight, I will let some of the crap I am eating slide" kind of person... and I am fairly young and genetically lucky (though my grandmother did have diabetes), my "numbers" look good etc. so I wasn't forced to think or worry about any of that stuff. In other words, it was all about the scale, not really about my health. I am a lifelong binge eater and lately I have been eating sugar basically from morning to night (I know it's not good for me but can't seem to stop)--the idea of giving up sugar/refined carbs seems so utterly impossible and foreign to me that I am in awe of those of you who have done it. I feel like I could no sooner do that than fly to the moon. That is where I am right now. So the stuff I am learning here is requiring me to adopt a totally different mindset and I think slowly some of it is sinking in.

I have found the following things since I started my halfhearted regimen a week or so ago:

1) I really don't crave carbs as badly. Sure, I still crave them, and I still cave relatively often, but I would have sworn that NOTHING would have that effect on me.

2) I have more energy. This is a strange one--I don't FEEL more "energetic" as I just sit here, but I made a very involved cake for my father-in-law's birthday on Saturday and was on my feet for hours. It called for separating 17 eggs by the time all was said and done, in addition to a bunch of other tedious, messy tasks. Normally I would have been ready to cry or throw something across the room by the end of something like this because I just get so exhausted, but I was... fine. As I looked back on the day I was shocked that I felt so normal. Also, I've been getting up at a reasonable time on my own, which is unheard of lately, and have been inclined to go to bed earlier too though I have still been staying up too late. They say if you have adrenal issues you should be in bed by 10:00 because of the way the hormones cycle throughout the day... yeah, that's probably not gonna happen, but at least now there are some days where it's not midnight or 1:00. It's all such a relief because it's not like I am disabled by the exhaustion or anything... I can get out of bed and drag myself through my day... but I have just felt "wrong" for so long that it is a breath of fresh air to see some improvement.

3) I am super paranoid about my heart rate. I am a sort-of distance runner (I ran a half-marathon in October) but even through my 3 years of building up to that and logging hundreds and hundreds of miles, my resting heart rate has only gotten down to around 80 and has stayed there. After I eat a few hard-boiled eggs or have my egg cream, it seems slower, whereas if I eat something like jellybeans :blush: it speeds up. I'm sure this means something and it's not to eat more jellybeans, LOL.

Basically, whether or not I have a bad candida problem, even the small steps I've taken seem to be doing me some good.

Anyway, thank you all again. I am going to look into the colloidal silver and maybe the antifungals... I know they won't work as well when my diet isn't under control, but I feel like I have to do what I can do and try to gear myself up to face the harder stuff.

I did want to ask--and I promise I am not trying to stir anything up here, I will accept any responses at face value and not try to derail the thread with an argument--is Bee Wilder's belief that microbes change from viruses to bacteria to yeast and back again a commonly held one? I had never heard it before and it sounds, to me personally, completely wacky. But it's possible a lot of people hold this view and I just don't know. Just curious and thanks again.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:13 PM   #1875
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mama2Jack&Grace
Stats: 167/164
WOE: no carbs, no sugar, in yeast killing mode
Start Date: march 2010
i started a new thread, but thought my question might get seen easier here. I am in the newly diagnosed (via natropath with a dermal analysis) as having high candida, and a gluten intolerance. During this phase where i am cuting out most carbs (not just gluten) and sugar (including fruit) am i allowed products like stevia and xylitol?
Old 03-17-2010, 10:16 AM   #1876
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bhappy
Stats: 147/135/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2Jack&Grace View Post
i started a new thread, but thought my question might get seen easier here. I am in the newly diagnosed (via natropath with a dermal analysis) as having high candida, and a gluten intolerance. During this phase where i am cuting out most carbs (not just gluten) and sugar (including fruit) am i allowed products like stevia and xylitol?
Yes you are....and you'll need them to give yourself a little "sweet" treat that your body is still going to crave. It will help save your sanity.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:34 AM   #1877
Junior LCF Member

Message for spaced cowgirl

Spaced, you have found out something REALLY BIG already on your own. Some of us seem to be really "brain affected" by candida, and what you are describing is better brain function!! It makes it much easier to stay on the low carb if you can remember what it did to you the last time you strayed over to the carbs. You are getting over being "spaced"!!
Old 03-18-2010, 10:52 AM   #1878
Junior LCF Member

For Mama2JackandGrace: Don't expect to stop craving carbs right off.

And keep in mind that corn is the hardest allergen to avoid if you are allergic to it. It is one of the most common allergens and is what keeps all those mixes, granulated products, etc. from cakeing up. That even includes salt and "instant" anything, coffee, tea, etc. It is why platic wrap and waxed paper don't stick to themselves on the rolls.

Your Stevia probably has corn in it, read the fine print, they use it as a filler in nearly all the sweeteners.

As for Xylitol, it is made from a corn alcohol, as is sorbitol, mannitol, and some other "low carb" sweeteners.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:31 AM   #1879
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
I've deduced that I have a corn allergy...when I eat popcorn, candy that has corn syrup in it, etc I LOVE the taste but feel bloated and then my tummy aches (epigastric candidis I think). It's interesting how you say corn is in SO much....how to avoid altogether? Suggestions? Thanks.

I'm also in one of my many allergy seasons here in KS. I hate the sinus infection/bronchitis type symptoms from allergies and have been on Allegra daily for years, take Allergy eye drops intermittently if needed, use Flonase nasal spray daily, but drive past milo and other fields enroute to work for 25 miles. Help? I've previously used sublingual allergy drops for years made specifically for my allergies and perhaps helped about 40% of the intensity of the symptoms, plus I've had 4 sinus surgeries and a rhinoplasty.

I try to use saline nasal washes a couple times a week when symptoms are beginning and avoid antibiotics til I really need them. I'm taking vitamins, including Zinc. When symptoms begin I take coconut oil in my coffee (which happens to be instant coffee )

Last edited by Fit2010; 03-18-2010 at 11:32 AM..
Old 03-18-2010, 03:55 PM   #1880
Junior LCF Member

Mork says: bump! Trying to read as much as I can here but there is a lot of great info! Can you tell me where to start please! Thanks...

Granny says: Start at the grocery store. If it has an ingredients list...leave it there. Real food is more expensive but you'll eat less of it. Get real meat and vegetables. It is more labor intensive sometimes than all that junk in boxes and cans. At first you will crave carbs as your blood sugar is jumping up and down all day with all the sugar, wheat, and corn you are ingesting every day.

When I quit eating those three things I was soooo tired for a year! I used to go to the grocery store and look at all that stuff and get tears in my eyes! I wanted to be able to eat like everyone else but I had food sensitivities so bad that lamb, turkey and 4 veggies was about all I could eat w/o making myself ill. Now I go to the grocery store and see all the junk in most peoples baskets and I just feel so sorry for them. They think they are buying fuel for the finest machine ever built and they're actually buying diabetes, heart attacks, strokes, etc.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:21 AM   #1881
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mytosha
Quote:
Originally Posted by granny on the go View Post
Now I go to the grocery store and see all the junk in most peoples baskets and I just feel so sorry for them. They think they are buying fuel for the finest machine ever built and they're actually buying diabetes, heart attacks, strokes, etc.
Well said. That's how I felt the other day when we did our second fresh veggie run.
I couldn't believe my cart used to look the same.

And grocery shopping gets real simple when you only have to visit a few aisles as opposed to 15-20!!!

Just FYI...I'm a three month CO/ACV user who's been sugar-free and 98% clean eating. Have read this enitre thread and been following ya'll for awhile. Lost 12 pds so far, regulated my pre-hypertensive blood presure, cleared up most of my acne, regained a ton of energy, and am overall happier.
If it only gets better then I'm blessed to have found these things!!
Old 03-21-2010, 09:52 AM   #1882
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bent_not_broken
Stats: 247/238/190
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 2/09/10
What does it mean when yall say ACV with its mother???
Old 03-22-2010, 12:41 PM   #1883
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bent_not_broken View Post
What does it mean when yall say ACV with its mother???
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV):
The mother is the dark, cloudy substance in the ACV – formed from naturally occurring pectin (fiber) and apple residues - it appears as molecules of protein connected in strand like chains. The presence of the mother shows that the best part of the apple has not been destroyed. Vinegars containing the mother contain enzymes and minerals that other vinegars may not contain due to over processing, filtration and overheating.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:58 AM   #1884
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bent_not_broken
Stats: 247/238/190
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 2/09/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mytosha View Post
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV):
The mother is the dark, cloudy substance in the ACV – formed from naturally occurring pectin (fiber) and apple residues - it appears as molecules of protein connected in strand like chains. The presence of the mother shows that the best part of the apple has not been destroyed. Vinegars containing the mother contain enzymes and minerals that other vinegars may not contain due to over processing, filtration and overheating.
wow ok that sounds great... can you give a brand name on here or not??
Old 03-23-2010, 10:53 AM   #1885
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bent_not_broken View Post
wow ok that sounds great... can you give a brand name on here or not??
Um, I think so. I use the Braggs version. They have an all inclusive book you can buy too. I just thumbed through it at the health store...pretty much the info you can find on the net.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:32 AM   #1886
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bamboo
Hello,

I'm another person with candida. I'm logging my story on here in case it helps anyone. I went low carb 6 months ago. Some details:
-first 2 days going low carb I had really strong die-off muscle ache which took a week to totally go away
-a few UTIs before going low carb, none since changing to low carb although urine is still visibly cloudy
-infected innie belly button (recurrs, worst a week before period, so bad it marks clothes etc sorry a bit gross - basically white and yellowy puss comes out.) At first it infected the skin making it red and sore but TCP dabbing seemed to solved that. Since going low carb no red infected skin so not needed any TCP, and belly button seems better but puss still occurs. I'm treating it with Daktarin fungal powder and it is still occurring but is a little better.
-since going low carb I've been having aot of coconut oil everyday (either in coffee, deepfrying in it or chocolate bark). Also been eating a little coconut flour and coconut cream in muffins and curries etc. All this because I heard caprylic acid (which is in coconut oil) supposedly kills candida.
-making and eating lots of greek yoghurt made from milk and cream (strained to make it thicker and take off the carbs in the whey) . This because good bacteria are supposed to crowd out candida in the gut
-everyday I take 4 x 1,000mg garlic capsules (but that is supposed to kill bacteria aswell a yeast so I don't see the method behind it)
-candida hasn't gone. I have lost no weight (despite going low carb for 6 months) and I still get constipation (despite lots of fat in the diet and drinking loads). So I will take probiotic tablets for 1 month then start a 3 week course of fluconozole.
-the worst symptom I think (that comes and goes as the yeast fights back) is my tiredness in the morning and my mild depression. I work for myself but I can't get out of bed in a morning. I feel so groggy. Everyday I work from noon til 8pm-9pm at night because I can't get up sooner. So I feel like I have no life because by the time I am home it is evening.

I'd love to know if anyone has beat this or if anyone has any thoughts on my details or have used fluconazole (caneasten combi pill) before for candida. I have never used it. But it is the only anti-fungal I can get cheap and without a prescription. I plan to start it 1 month after I've been taking highest strength probiotics whcih I am starting now.

Incidentally, my low carb diet over the last 6 months has been sugar free and fruit free (apart from a couple of strawberries in moderation and always eaten with full fat cream (to slow down the impact of the few sugars).
Old 03-30-2010, 03:52 PM   #1887
Major LCF Poster!

Bamboo, Yuck! Try dipping q tip in hydrogen pyroxide and cleaning your belly button daily, then rinse with clean q tip and dry thoroughly. Sounds like you're still getting too many calories is why you're not losing weight, you've just made your carbs more complex but are till eating a lot of carbs. Are you diabetic? Perhaps that's why you're so prone to infections, have poor healing, tired. I really think you need to see a doctor or better yet a nurse practitioner.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:21 AM   #1888
Junior LCF Member

granny, a little late (I forgot to come back and check) but thank you so much for the encouragement. I am hoping I can at least continue to make improvements. Basically I need to plan better for dinner (breakfast and lunch OK) and stay out of the candy and cookie jar between meals, and I will be doing pretty well. The calorie thing needs to be tackled next but at the moment more worried about the quality of what I eat.

Thanks again!
Old 03-31-2010, 05:19 PM   #1889
Major LCF Poster!

spacedcowgirl- I was concerned about your body reactions to the sugars....especially since you said your heart races when you eat jellybeans. I think you TOO may be allergic to corn syrup (like me). If you are not yet eliminating candies and cakes YET, at least consciously for about 10 days totally eliminate ALL corn/corn syrup/corn starch/corn anything and see how that alone changes your symptoms, and your cravings.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:49 PM   #1890
Junior LCF Member

Fit2010--that is a really interesting idea, I never even considered allergies. It must be a nightmare to be allergic to corn since it's in everything. I will do as you say and see what happens. Thank you for the suggestion.
Closed Thread