Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Candida and Yeast
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2009, 04:58 PM   #1831
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: fawn
Thank you Shelly for the links.

Most vitamin stores/health food stores carry CS. Generally, you'll find about a 15 parts per million and anything claiming to be more than that is artifiicially over reporting per my hubby.....he's the cs maker in the family.

Carolina Rose, your daughter is probably over consuming vegetable oils and processed foods which are direct contributors to acne. She is probably suffering the omega 6:3 fatty acid imbalance.

My recommendations for her would be to eliminate all processed foods, do an Atkins diet, eliminate vegetable oils and supplement with 2 Tbs. cod liver oil daily. Carlsons, lemon 500mg DHA. The Vitamin A in this form will be of great help as will the omega 3 fatty acids. This is a total cry for help from within the body. CS won't cure her acne, it will help it and she can dab it on the acne of the inflamed spots. This is a food/hormonal issue more than likely.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2010, 05:40 PM   #1832
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Hi everyone! I started this program on Monday and by today I was down 6 1/2 lbs and had a wedding to go to at 2pm. I promised myself no cake and no punch; so that wasn't even an option at the reception. Just before I left I ate 2 oz of the BBQ pork chop I'd prepared the other day (not bad once the sauce was off, nice and tender!) so I wouldn't be so hungry, and took a appetite suppressant (the Rx from MediWtLoss). I selected one stick of celery with a little dip, a couple small slices of hard cheese and summer sausage, 4 meatballs with BBQ sauce (so yummy), less than 2 TB of mixed nuts and was to be just fine....til someone mentioned the chocolate fountain! I had two little marischino cherries and a 1" X 1 1/2" pc of rice crispy treat dipped in the fountain. I felt ok with my choice, knew I'd cheated, but thought all was ok. Remember in my initial post I also said I'd had the tendency toward the candida overgrowth that makes you crave carbs? Well, because of the "die off" of the candida for the previous 5 days being on pure protein about 2 1/2 hours later my body rebeled!! Thankfully I was home by then! (diarrhea...sorry to say). So, I think I have taught myself a big lesson! I think I may have also discovered that I have a food allergy too....I'd wondered previously about corn (and there is corn syrup in the cherries, choc, and BBQ sauce). So, I took 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar (yuk!) to kill off what I think was trying to rebuild within my gut/intestines.

Has anyone else experienced this (food allergies?/candida?) after reexposure to carbs after a protein fast? Think I'll stick with the plan from here on out! (Besides, I lost 6 1/2 lbs so far!)
Old 01-02-2010, 02:44 PM   #1833
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: PghPALady1974
WOE: thru my mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by fawn View Post
This is what I was going to recommend to PAlady. There's something going on there.....I would take copious amounts of garlic. Natural Factors, Garlic Factors is a nice one.

Again folks, don't under estimate the efficacy of the colloidal silver which you can purchase at your favorite vitamin shoppe....

or you can do it the slow, agonizing way with loads of anti-fungals.

Some may not remember nor read of my experience with my son's girlfriend. Her candida manifested as a ring worm type skin rash. CS and within 2 days, it was gone.
So I read this weeks later!
You want me to go around smelling like a pizza then? Luckily my guy friend likes pizza!

Old 01-12-2010, 11:05 AM   #1834
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Gleaner
Stats: 215/205/135
WOE: Very Low carb, Anti-Candida diet
Start Date: January 2010
Finally done reading

Whew! I've been reading this thread for over a week and I finally got to the end. There is such as wealth of info here and I just want to thank you all for contributing your knowledge and your stories.

My story is so similar to some here it's scary. Three years ago I got a mystery illness. I thought maybe it was Lymes but I was told the testing was inaccurate. My doctor was thinking Fibromyalsia or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome--Two things which can only be diagnosed by ruling out other illnesses. I was tested for Thyroid Disease, Diabetes, Lupus, Sleep Apnea, Nacolepsy, Epilepy, wore a heart moniter for a weak, and had an MRI done of my brain and entire spine. It's safe to say after all these test and a ton of money (and the doctors still didn't know what was wrong!) I have very little trust or admiration for the medical "system".

I'm not saying doctors purposely set out to deceive or fail, but many of them refuse to admit when they just don't know and are not open to things that they haven't learned in medical school. I even had an ER doctor tell me that she didn't believe Fibromyalgia was a real disease and asked if I wanted a referral to a pyschiatrist (This was after being told that my primary care physician thought I might have Fibro).

Since I just kept getting sicker and weaker, they gave me antibiotics, which did seem to help a little, but as soon as the antibiotic ran out I was sicker than before with new symptoms. Then I got a Staph infection on my arms--probably picked it up in the hospital or doctors office. Then I found out I had a parasitic bacterial infection. I had IV antibiotics in the hospital at this point. I was so sick I was bed ridden for about a month.

After the IV antibiotics I did recover a little--I had less pain. But I have struggled with extreme fatigue, asthma, new food allergies, hives and rashes, IBS-like symptoms, puffy ankles and hands, nausea, brain fog, memory issues, and weight gain for almost two years now.

I started this diet the day after Christmas and really got strict about it on Jan 1. My DH is doing it with me so that I can fix one meal instead of two and also so that if he has any Candida not in check we won't pass it back and forth. Since doing this diet and some anti-fungal supplements all of my above symptoms have GONE AWAY except the fatigue and some memory/concentration problems. Fatigue, however is MUCH less.
I have these "bursts" of energy during the day where I can actually get some vital things done like laundry and dishes. I never thought I would be so happy to do the dishes! Before this my DH was shouldering much of the load.

I'm going to step up my anti-fungals and get grapefruit seed extract next. I wish I could use coconut oil (as I keep reading great things about it) but I am allergic to coconut. I'm also allergic to shellfish and pork. The shellfish and coconut allergies I have always had since a child. The pork allergy however is new within the last year and now I'm wondering if I might be able to eat pork again someday with this diet. Anyway it makes it a challenge to eat on plan. My diet is pretty boring but I don't care because I can now take long car rides without getting car-sick and I can eat without feeling nausea and my ankles look skinny.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:29 PM   #1835
Major LCF Poster!

Gleaner, Wonderful! I'm so glad you're feeling better! I don't want to feel all yucky again. I printed off what I'd posted earlier to remind me of how bad I felt. Why would I ever chose to purposely poison myself?

We can do this!
Old 01-27-2010, 07:08 PM   #1836
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: countrygurl7
WOE: Atkins
I have been reading this thread a while and started the anti-candida diet on Monday. Prior to that time I had most of the symptoms especially chronic fatigue and chronic sinusitis. However, since only eating eggs and meat for 3 days and taking ACV and CO, I have little to no energy. I have been taking Sublingual B Complex which states it doesn't contain yeast, but I am still sooo tired and have so little energy that I'm barely functioning. Is there anything else I can do or take to increase my energy levels - please help!

Thank you!
Old 01-27-2010, 07:13 PM   #1837
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Looweewoo
Stats: 420/275/220 - 6'2"
WOE: Carnivore/T2 Diabetic
Start Date: Restart@350 09/17/09 The best is yet to come!
I don't know for sure, but if you were on a meat and eggs fasting page, I would say wait one more day. Usually three or four days gets you over the hump.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:16 PM   #1838
Major LCF Poster!

countrygurl7--Be sure to drink lots of water throughout the day. You are full of toxins from the candida and now it's die off. Stay good and in a couple days you can add some veggies...I wouldn't add fruit for at least another wk or two. Stick with it!
Old 01-28-2010, 06:01 AM   #1839
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: countrygurl7
Thank you guys for the quick response. I posted last night in a panicked cry for help and didn't take time to mention that I'm drinking lots and lots of water with lemon juice and I am very fortunate and have an infared sauna that I get in 3x per day.

I actually am considering taking Vivarin or No-Dose or something like that when I hit a slump, instead of napping. And also drinking a Coke Zero - which I love, love, love. Seriously if I'm doing everything else right - that can't hurt too much and should give me the energy to take care of things.... right?. Ok, I'm trying to get the house cleaned up to have a Super Bowl Party even though my team didn't make it .

Oh, I have been stuck at the same weight forever and ever no matter what I did, I couldn't lose. I lost 1.5 pounds from yesterday morning to this morning so killing the yeast is working YAY.

Luckily I currently only have to work outside of the home part-time, so I don't have a boss saying "what's up?", but I'm really tired of my husband coming home and asking "so what have you done all day??" Blah! He just totally doesn't get the yeast thing - he's in healthcare and thinks it's nonsense. No matter what I do, I can't convince him otherwise. However, I did get him to pick up my Stevia and Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil.

Should I also be trying to do cardio exercises at this point? I know exercising is supposed to increase your energy level. I've been a couch potato for longer than I care to admit... :blush:
Old 01-30-2010, 11:32 AM   #1840
Major LCF Poster!

countrygurl7-- I would wait about 2 to 3 wks before trying to exercise much. Your body is thinking it's under assault right now just adjusting to lower carbs, detoxification, etc. Also, limit yourself from your coke zero because the body will be thinking it's getting something sweet. I limit myself to 1 to 2 cans of diet Sprite daily. It's my fix, but I limit it. I wouldn't confuse your body with more chemical (drugs to keep you alert)...

Definitely take good multivitamins. Stress Vit B can also help with your energy.

This too shall pass...

Last edited by Fit2010; 01-30-2010 at 11:34 AM..
Old 02-01-2010, 07:05 PM   #1841
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Pinot
Quote:
Carolina Rose, your daughter is probably over consuming vegetable oils and processed foods which are direct contributors to acne. She is probably suffering the omega 6:3 fatty acid imbalance.

My recommendations for her would be to eliminate all processed foods, do an Atkins diet, eliminate vegetable oils and supplement with 2 Tbs. cod liver oil daily. Carlsons, lemon 500mg DHA. The Vitamin A in this form will be of great help as will the omega 3 fatty acids. This is a total cry for help from within the body. CS won't cure her acne, it will help it and she can dab it on the acne of the inflamed spots. This is a food/hormonal issue more than likely.
Wow ... I'm just coming back to the thread after so long (and with a name change so people in the PG will stop confusing me with Carolina Rocker!) Was Carolina Rose now simply Pinot.

Fawn - thank you so much for the advice. I've told DD all along that it's a food/hormonal issue, even when one of the most highly recommended dermatologists in Charlotte, NC told us there was "no way" her acne was caused by anything she ate.

Would the Carlson Super Cod Liver Oil capsules sold here at Netrition be a good substitute for the liquid? I'm getting ready to order more of the Udo's Choice Super 8 Hi-Potency Probiotics for my DD and thought I'd get her the Carlson's while I was at it.

Which me reminds me of another question ... can a person overdo it on the probiotics? Take them for too long?

Thanks again!
Old 02-02-2010, 10:34 AM   #1842
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: catiebopeep
Stats: HW332/Start316/Current299/Goal145
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/27/2010, and again June 2012
Marking my spot on this WONDERFUL thread!!!

I have a traumtic story of many many years suffering from this, almost every symtom in the book when it comes to Yeast Overgrowth.

I'm being treated now for ADD and depression. When I started my new meds (because up until recently I was pretty much anti-med, but things got so bad I thought I was literally dying so agreed to meds for the above conditions) I also started Atkins.

I noticed a change in my mood, energy level and motivation almost immediately! There were two days where the rash/scaling patches on either side of my breasts had almost gone away, they've been there since 2002! But physically I feel much better and I'm sure it's the Atkins WOE!

I will NEVER go back to sugar (former fast food and sugaraholic!). I hope and pray that I can completely get rid of this... every doctor I've seen basically brushed me off, minimized Yeast Overgrowth and it's harmful effects or just out right denied that Y.O. could be making me feel so so horrible. Very heartbreaking.

I thank you all for contributing to this amazing thread and will check in often for new ideas. I have some organic Virgin Coconut oil but it's expired a few months ago.. so i'll go out and get some more. I will also look for the ACV that you all have mentioned. I pray that this is cured once and for all and stops ravaging my body once and for all.
Weigh 270 lbs. -
Weigh 250 lbs. -
Weigh 230 lbs. -
Weigh 210 lbs. -
Weigh 190 lbs. -
Weigh 170 lbs. -
Weigh 150 lbs. - (FINAL GOAL!)
Old 02-03-2010, 12:28 PM   #1843
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Obliana
Catie - hi. I have never posted on this thread but have read it all the way through. I have learned many things from it and have hanged my way eating- even low carb. I am using evco (nutiva brand) for just about everything Noe, and I also have Bragg ACV which I found at my local supermarket. (make sure it has the mother).

The reason I'm posting now - another thing I have learned here is that rather than struggling with all the supplements it's easier to just get the colloidal silver. Since starting the CS I have seen the majority of my symptoms dissapear (in about a week). The supplements (grapefruit seed extract and oregano oil... And the endless list just frustrated me an I was getting so tired from the die off I barely got anything accomplished in my house. I would drop the kids off at school and then crawl into bed till I had to pick them up). It is possible thr the die off for you would be different... But why bother with it in he first place if you can just take the CS and have the end result that much faster? Since starting it up, I am exercising and extrmely active again. I'm not looking for my bed other than a short Half hour nap a couple of times... But not even that today.

Just wanted to put my feelings about it all out there.

Good luck with everything.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:44 AM   #1844
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: catiebopeep
Stats: HW332/Start316/Current299/Goal145
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/27/2010, and again June 2012
Thank you Obliana for posting about CS! I had never even thought about that, I will get some... I am so excited to try new, more effective ways to manage and even reverse all the stuff this Candida has done to my body.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:43 AM   #1845
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bobbin
WOE: High fat, moderate protein, low carb
I haven't read all the pages yet, only on pg. 14, but I just can't stop. I have more than half of those symtoms on a regular basis. My son has had headaches since he was little (coming off an infancy of antibiotics non stop for the first 2 years of his life for repeated ear infections), and also displays a couple of the other sypmtoms. My husband displays quite a few of them too.

Last week I started CO and also did Atkins 72 (before I found this thread), where you're not allowed cream cheese or sour cream, and only 4 oz cheese a day, 4 tsp of HWC a day. All week I'd go between feelling euphoric-litterally beaming a huge smile, practically running down the halls at at work --- to feeling like I was coming down with the flu. I knew it couldn't be induction flu, as I've been on regular Atkins induction since Jan. 11th. Feverish then cold, sinusey like I was getting a cold, then fine, then feeling like my head was going to explode....it was a very wierd week. Now I think I know what it was, the combination of the CO (was working toward 2-3 Tbs most days) and the decrease in my dairy-eating super clean like mostly proteins, butter, CO and organic veggies.

Sat. I woke up and got on the scale, as I was feeling lighter and I swear my waist was shrinking. I was on the high side of the 2 lbs. I've been going back and forth on for the past month!! That was it. I was sick of being so
good with no weight lost to show for it. I ate valentines candy, and lots of junk food over the whole weekend. I couldn't believe myself, I don't usually give in that easily, now I think it was the yeast that was dying off all week, just screaming for food.

I am back to eating very clean this week, and I've even cut out the cheese completely and although I had measured out bags of raw almonds to bring to work this week along with my bags of unsweetened coconut, I'm skipping nuts, too. So no dairy at all except butter and about 1 TBS of cream in my morning coffee. I'm already back to feeling crappy. I did take a LOT of CO yesterday, like a LOT! Probably 6 TBS. I'm going to the store today to buy the ACV everyone talked about at the beginning of this thread.

I talked to my son last night about his headaches and also his permanently stuffy whistler nose, and told him (he's 12 and just now wants to be in charge of his own life, lol) if he would follow a very strict diet for a while, he could probably get rid of those 2 things that bother him so much. We've been to specialists, the smartest thing any of them said was take away all sugar, fake sugar (diet sodas) and make him eat protein for breakfast. His headaches were gone after a day or 2 of no sugar, so I know he can fix his issues with a healthy diet, and I KNOW he has candida.

So, there's a super long post, I don't know if anyone reads here often any more, but I just wanted to put my info out there and say thank you to all the original posters for starting this thread (tooter, fawn, prozak and more!), I'm really learning a lot, a lot of things that could change my life and hopefully my sons life too if he'll listen to me!!
Old 02-16-2010, 10:01 AM   #1846

Bobbin, the CS is the ticket girl! I just can't see people suffering through the long anti-fungal process! I believe in them but the length of time they take is horrendous.

The only reason I know CS works so well is because my husband makes it, he has a fungal ear that acts up when he eats sugar but the snot refuses to give up cheese. (he suffers tremendously when he eats sugar so he just refuses it now) but he still drinks his half and half out of the carton and eats cheese. his suffering not mine!

Pinot, how dare that derm say such a thing. Of course though if every teenager ate like they should, the acne wouldn't be there hence no money to the derms!

The herb vitex works wonderfully on boys. Spread that word folks. Our teens already have to suffer this mean world we want them to have all the advantages they can and if you know a remedy, pass it on to other Moms!

I also believe the liquid to be the best Pinot so if you can get that in her, she's better off! For little ones, there is a nice chew on the market that is all natural, flavored with real cinnamon and color is annatto. AND it's fermented which is even better.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:47 PM   #1847
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for that response, Fawn. I'm headed to Vitamin Cottage today, I'm going to skip the ACV and go for the CS instead. The herb vitex you mentioned, if I just say "Vitex" will they know what I mean?
Old 02-16-2010, 02:45 PM   #1848

He might have wheat and dairy issues but start with the wheat Bobbin. Yes, they'll know what you're looking for and caplets are just fine. Kids don't care for the tincture usually. Start with the recommended dosage and see how he does.

If you have access to raw milk, he might do very well on that!
Old 02-16-2010, 07:26 PM   #1849
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
He might have wheat and dairy issues but start with the wheat Bobbin. Yes, they'll know what you're looking for and caplets are just fine. Kids don't care for the tincture usually. Start with the recommended dosage and see how he does.

I'll try the raw milk, I know where I can get it. Wheat will be a bit of an issue, I'm still working it over in my mind on how to get him off that. I've just gotten DH and DS used to less junk in the house. I've been buying more nuts of all types, fruit leathers and organic dark chocolate for treats. Turns out all that stuff is still bad for him. He eats the unsweetened shredded coconut (which I heard about from you). I'll research some different foods to have around the house for him to eat that don't involve wheat.

What does your husbands fungal ear feel like? Is it like a deep itch in his ear that can never be scratched? Or is it an actual ear infection or fluid in his ear? We are a family of ear-issue people, lol.

Last edited by Bobbin; 02-16-2010 at 07:34 PM..
Old 02-17-2010, 08:10 AM   #1850

Sometimes we think we need to surgically remove his finger from his ear!

yes, it's an itch he can't scratch and......the wax has a funky smell somewhat like athletes foot and the wax is much lighter.

He irrigates them with a touch of tea tree oil mixed with hydrogen peroxide and uses the silver.

Did your son have a lot of antibiotics for ear infection bobbin? My daughter did and now has some permanent damage. It breaks my heart. Just listening to the news this morning and the new recommendations for no antibiotics....
finally................
Old 02-17-2010, 08:44 AM   #1851
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Sometimes we think we need to surgically remove his finger from his ear!

yes, it's an itch he can't scratch and......the wax has a funky smell somewhat like athletes foot and the wax is much lighter.

He irrigates them with a touch of tea tree oil mixed with hydrogen peroxide and uses the silver.

Did your son have a lot of antibiotics for ear infection bobbin? My daughter did and now has some permanent damage. It breaks my heart. Just listening to the news this morning and the new recommendations for no antibiotics....
finally................
That is the EXACT problem I have with my ears, lol. I look pretty funny when I'm trying all my different ways to scratch it!

Yes, DS was on one course of antibiotics after another, from about 4 months until he was 2. He'd get over an ear infection, 2 weeks later he'd get another and we'd be in the urgent care after hours with a 103 or 104 temp. More tylenol/advil dosing, more antibiotics. It was horrible. He had 2 sets of tubes in that time, the last set they put in they also took his adenoids, and that seemed to cure the ear infections. Of course, he has "butter" teeth now from all those antiboitics, we have to keep them sealed, get floride applied every appointment in order to keep them healthy, be vigilant with keeping them clean. He has a permanently stuffy nose, which I think keeps him from getting a good restful sleep, as he thrashes about all night and even sleep walks at times. He has had headaches since he was 2, at least 4 days a week. I know they're worse when he's sneaking too much junk food out of the house, like if he spends the night at a friends house or something and gets unlimited sodas, candy, etc. We did the experiment for 2 weeks of no sodas, candy (sugar in general) no DIET sodas either, and eggs every am for breakfast...he was cured. But, it's not worth it to him at this point, and I can only control what he eats at home as he's getting older and wanting more control over things.

What problems does your daughter have? My DH had all the same problems as a child my son has, still has ear problems, and I'm working on him to give up the sugar too.....
Old 02-18-2010, 10:19 AM   #1852
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bhappy
Stats: 147/135/130
Start Date: June 2009
Quote:

Hey Fawn,
This made me think of something to ask you. I'm being tested for Celiac disease right now. I just had the panel done and it was negative because I wasn't eating gluten because of the anti-candida WOE anyway. So now I am doing a 14 day challenge and I am adding in gluten to my diet and repeating the labs. Anyway, in my labs it came back for positive antibodies for Sjogrens Syndrome and I am clinical for it as well. I've been doing searches to see if there is a known Candida-Sjogrens connection and all I have found in clin path journals, etc is the relationship with thrush but no mention of the myriad of other clinical signs Candida causes. Do you have any knowledge of Sjogrens and Candida relationship?
Thanks again!
Old 02-18-2010, 02:35 PM   #1853

Quote:
What problems does your daughter have? My DH had all the same problems as a child my son has, still has ear problems, and I'm working on him to give up the sugar too....
Besides being snotty? Nah just kidding....she's irritating me today. It's interesting because my husband also suffered as a baby and I'm confident that all the antibiotics my daughter received made her worse. At 21 she doesn't take great care of herself so it's difficult to pin point. unfortunately she smokes so the little hack can be attributed to that but yes, she also suffers "butter tooth" syndrome and knows what works but of course addiction is such a hard thing. (she's recently moved back home long story) She's in "clean up mode" if you get my drift.

I'll bet your son needs a good dose of probiotics too. PB8 is a decent brand. I know it's difficult to get teens to eat well. There's so much garbage out there in the every day life of kids. I wish you much success and hope he'll at least try the vitex too.

bhappy....You know, I haven't heard that connection. Just wondering if it's on Bee Wilder's site? I'll check that out. Isn't all of this auto-immune disease a trip? No other way to say it! I'm amazed with the different auto-immune reactions of the body.....Let me know if you find anything and I'll do the same.

Have a great day girls.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:24 PM   #1854
tarte & refreshing

Gallery: RenRen
if i beg of you can i get someone to give me a jump start on what to do maybe a starting the yeast diet for dummy's? i'm fighting a gnarly bacterial infection and i just about cant see straight i feel like crap....dr started me on cipro 750 mg today but gave me an 8 wk supply of fluconazole 1 pill a week for 8 weeks because i have yeast everywhere scalp back of neck the inner side of the mid arm opposite elbow its even the back of and inside of my ears i am just sick with it and with all of my other health issues and getting super duper depressed i have read alot of the 60 some pages here but not all and my ability to focus is not real good....help please.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:11 AM   #1855
tarte & refreshing

Gallery: RenRen
thats why this is the best board online thanks for all the help.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:16 AM   #1856
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bent_not_broken
Stats: 247/238/190
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 2/09/10
Hi, I am new to LC WOE actually 20 days in, so I am trying to read as much as I can on this forum, this thread really caught my eye though, the problem is I am feeling so crappy I am barely get through reading it, I will try again later tonight when my brain starts to work better (for some reason it works better at night since I have been LC). My question is what is CS??? And how does a person know they have yeast over growth?
I have t2 diabetes, high blood pressure, fatty liver, IBS, Fibromyalgia (sp?), GERD, migraines, depression, anxiety, and a weird rash that my dermatologist can't figure out, it is on my feet really bad and on my hands and the rest of my body, it's very dry and red and annoying...
sorry for asking all this at the end of this thread, just brain crazy right now
Old 03-02-2010, 11:39 AM   #1857
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bhappy
Stats: 147/135/130
Start Date: June 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bent_not_broken View Post
Hi, I am new to LC WOE actually 20 days in, so I am trying to read as much as I can on this forum, this thread really caught my eye though, the problem is I am feeling so crappy I am barely get through reading it, I will try again later tonight when my brain starts to work better (for some reason it works better at night since I have been LC). My question is what is CS??? And how does a person know they have yeast over growth?
I have t2 diabetes, high blood pressure, fatty liver, IBS, Fibromyalgia (sp?), GERD, migraines, depression, anxiety, and a weird rash that my dermatologist can't figure out, it is on my feet really bad and on my hands and the rest of my body, it's very dry and red and annoying...
sorry for asking all this at the end of this thread, just brain crazy right now
Welcome! I know the thread can be overwhelming...take it in doses! What helped me was to copy parts of the threads that were important and put them in a blank document and then refer back to that document at times. For instance, I put the symptoms of yeast, the recommended supplements, etc because there is a wealth of info here and too much to remember and too difficult to find in the thread later. Although, you can actually search the thread and that helps.
Back in the beginning there are pages that list the symptoms and many that talk about the steps in getting started. It is estimated that at least 80% of our population is effected by Candida and candida related health issues. Many, if not all of the ones you mentioned are on there. CS is colloidal silver - an effective antifungal, antiviral and antibacterial agent that many of us use to help fight Candida.
Also, one of the pages talks about the saliva test you can do to test for candida also....I'm too new to this that I don't have it memorized but that is something you can check out also. Let us know what you think and good luck!
Old 03-02-2010, 04:16 PM   #1858
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bent_not_broken
Stats: 247/238/190
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 2/09/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenRen View Post
if i beg of you can i get someone to give me a jump start on what to do maybe a starting the yeast diet for dummy's? i'm fighting a gnarly bacterial infection and i just about cant see straight i feel like crap....dr started me on cipro 750 mg today but gave me an 8 wk supply of fluconazole 1 pill a week for 8 weeks because i have yeast everywhere scalp back of neck the inner side of the mid arm opposite elbow its even the back of and inside of my ears i am just sick with it and with all of my other health issues and getting super duper depressed i have read alot of the 60 some pages here but not all and my ability to focus is not real good....help please.
well I am new here to, but from what I have read is to take the colloidail silver, Apple cider vinegar, and a good probiotic and also using the coconut oil (make sure you get unrefined, organic, virgin) .

I just bought the colloidial silver and the health nutritionist that I got it from said to take it for awhile and then add the probiotic... Not sure if thats right but I am going to try it
Old 03-06-2010, 07:12 PM   #1859
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cfcandidamom
It's Complicated

Let me see if I can sum this up quickly here and get your advice. I have read bits and pieces all over the net. I have just started the candida syndrome book. I have read a couple pages here on this forum and decided to post here because it seems the most comprehensive.

Background: I have cystic fibrosis which in a nutshell means I get sick alot with lung infections. I am frequently on antibiotics and since the bacteria that I colonize in my lungs are resistant to pretty much everything I have to do heavy duty IV antibiotics. Also about two years ago I started dealing with high levels of inflammation in my lungs and have been on prednisone a number of times over the past two years. I have been on steroids 5 weeks already this year. In addition to this I started fertility treatments about 5 years ago, I have taken multiple oral fertility enhancing drugs as well as done 4 rounds of IVF.

So all of this being said, add in the fact I am female and have acid reflux and I am pretty much perfect candidate for candida. I am pretty positive I have had trouble with it for YEARS. About 3 years ago I think I started having alot of problems with it which is also after fertility treatments, having my daughter, and discontinuation of fluconazole when doing IV's.

I am going to have a big balancing job to get this all under control and maintain it but in order to do this I need a starting point. I am SEVERLY ALLERGIC, I am allergic to all molds, I have allergic broncho pulmonary aspergillosis (ABPA) which in a nutshell means my lungs react strongly to molds despite the fact that I dont culture them in my lungs. I am also allergic to everything they can test for airborne allergy wise and despite never having a reaction to foods also tested positive to about 12 things there which they told me they believed were 'false positives'. So all that being said I am expecting a sever die-off reaction if I do this wrong and I want input on how not to kill myself doing this.

I have been to see my family doctor she is a FNP with alot background in holistic medicine. She has ordered the IgG,M,B tests for me and a stool culture. She is also willing to RX the fluconazole if I want to go that route.

From what I have ready I need MEVY, ACV, CO, and oregano oil?

HELP!!!

signed completely overwhelmed
Old 03-06-2010, 08:39 PM   #1860
Major LCF Poster!

cfcandidamom - I cannot go into any detail right now. Your best source is this thread and all its links. Die off is agony but it should last only about 4 to 7 days. Stick with it and consider BETTER HEALTH as your benefit! I always feel so much better being without all the carbs. My achiness is gone from my joints. For the most part my GERD at night is gone. My head isn't is such a fog. I will be praying for you too.
Closed Thread