Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: 7littleangels
Stats: 220/220/140
WOE: Atkins '72/ Healthy eating for life
Start Date: 6/12/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Anybody?
Look under Ca,girl an update thread on this forum. They were talking about it.
Jeanie

Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2009, 08:28 PM   #1802
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: granny on the go
Hey Guys, I was just doing some reading of posts and I find that a lot of us don't understand what is going on w/the fungus among us! You didn't get this over night and it could be several months of careful diet to get back to a symbiotic relationship w/the yeast beast.

We don't want to get rid of it completely as it is a normal part of your flora. Like a monster that gets too big if you feed it too much though, it can get out of hand.

Furthermore, it, or something else has damaged your gut (intestinal) lining, and that could take a while to heal. How about 6 mo or a year?! Dairy and wheat should be avoided at all costs for a while, and I've seldom seen a candida sufferer that wasn't a cheese junkie. lol

If you mess up, start again the next day on the low carbs. The yeast will roar like a lion at feeding time, but don't give in to what feels like hunger even after you've eaten. The craving may last until the heavy carbs are emptied out in 2-4 days.

My problem was the meal that lasted from supper until bedtime, just craving something but not knowing what. lol Feed it some celery, I find I feel full after a couple of stalks and it is great for the cleansing action.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:03 PM   #1803
Junior LCF Member

It really weirds me out too cause before I started this I'd say I was addicted to cheese. I actually hoarded cheese in my fridge lol.. my husband loves to tease me about it. I couldn't' care less about cheese right now t hough... it's just all about my coffee
This was in a post by Marlee, I am not all that computer literate and don't know how to do the thing correctly. LOL

Anyhow, I just wanted to tell Marlee that she should try hiding the cheese behind the vegetable bin in the 'frig. "Mother is the necessity of invention". It worked just fine until my DH came in one day demanding cheese, he knew I'd just bought some. He was a diabetic so he really needed it?! Anyhow, the jig was up then as there are just not many hiding places in a refrigerator.

Fight the good fight ladies. This isn't a dress reheasal!!! The carb hangover every morning is the pits. I used to live in a migraine, getting one, had one, getting over one. They would just be there in the morning. Not so much w/my golden yrs, thankfully! But, it was really hard to cope w/3 kids and a DH. Diabetes always wins, lost DH in '96. Life just is what it is. If you live long enough they will all be gone, be sure you are someone you can like.

Hate to hear Dr Truss passed, he was a wonderful person, really kind and sweet. I know all the glory goes to Dr Crook but he just built on Dr Truss' research results.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:38 PM   #1804
Zombie Fairy Princess

Gallery: Marlee
Stats: -53
WOE: Atkins
lol thanks for the cheese strategies. I was pretty much the only one who ate it so I'm just not buying it anymore. It's pretty amazing how this diet stops cravings for stuff. I really couldn't care less if I eat or not right now and that's very unusual for me
Old 10-02-2009, 05:10 AM   #1805
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kathy_de_Alabama
Stats: 242/205/155
WOE: ZERO CARB
Quote:
Originally Posted by granny on the go View Post
Hate to hear Dr Truss passed, he was a wonderful person, really kind and sweet. I know all the glory goes to Dr Crook but he just built on Dr Truss' research results.
I found out, also, that he had a stroke two days before he died. So sad, but he had a very accomplished life. It never seemed to bother him that others got credit for his work. He just wanted to heal his patients.

He managed to publish his second book on Candida before he died. My mom says it's on GoogleBooks but not on Amazon. I haven't looked up yet, but I plan to do so soon.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:14 AM   #1806
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kathy_de_Alabama
Stats: 242/205/155
WOE: ZERO CARB
The saddest part about Dr. Truss' passing (for society, not for his family) was that no one took over his practice. There are other good doctors and allergists in Birmingham, but none with his exact methodologies.

He asked me when I was in high school if I was interested in medicine. He was hinting. I was just too young and immature to realize it.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:03 PM   #1807
Junior LCF Member

Well, I've not logged in for a long time but I do have some real good news for me!! I finally got a bad case of diarrhea (er, 3 weeks) and decided to finally have the upper and lower GI tests done that I had put off for years, (well just 5). LOL

I chose an afternoon for my test as I just try to sleep until I wake up each day and that always depends on when the "Sleep Fairy" finally stops by.

So, this was one day of liquids and then the clean out solution. That was the worst part. It gives you diarrhea but that isn't all that distressing. It's the having to drink a WHOLE GALLON OF LIQUID in one evening.

My appt was for 2 pm. The anesthia was good, I felt like I'd had a great nap. Had my DIL to drive me home afterwards. No after effects at all.

But, with the liquid fast and the giant clean-out it was like starting w/a new digestive tract the next day. I could tell right away what was good for me and what was causing a problem. The only time I have a problem is if I eat concentrated carbs!! DUH!! CANDIDA. It seems to be all of my fullness and discomfort, gas, constipation, diarrhea, etc. was just too many carbs. AND, dairy products. The Great News!! After bronchial pneumonia 9 times in 8 months I haven't had pneumonia even a bit since I quit dairy products. And, frankly, I was wondering how I was going to live thru the winter!! I got pneumonia every time I got a little chilled. Whew! I was just plain scared, I have to admit.

The doctor reports that I have a small hiatial hernia and some inflammation near where the stomach empties into the small intestine.

I still have setbacks but I know now what to do when I have a problem, go to liquids (meat or potato broth) for half a day and proceed cautiously from there.

My Insomnia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome are much improved! I really have to push myself to get the bed rest I need to get over the CFS. If I act like business as usual then I make myself sick again. I did get some floor cleaning and errands run this week before I got too sick to go! Discipline. Oh yeah, the Candida Diet begins at the grocery store. I have to just not buy dairy, honey, maple syrup. Fortunately, I live alone so it is just me wrestling w/my conscience. lol I find other people just don't understand why you can't eat what what you want like they do. They can't imagine life w/o wheat, sugar, cheese.....and on and on. Oh yeah, I'm down to 123 lbs now as well as feeling better, I look better, too. 'Living well is the best revenge'. And smile, it just looks younger!!
Old 10-29-2009, 08:09 AM   #1808
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Maryj
Hello

HI,

This is my first post here. I am hoping the thread is still active. I havent gotten to the end of it in my reading so I am not sure

I was told I had candida the beginning of Septemeber. I went on a strict candida diet and was taking fluconazole, milk thistle and experienced the worst die off! Of course I had no idea what die off was at that point. I am much more informed now and am ready to try slowly again.

Currently I have cut sugar in the last week. Going ok.
I take the following daily:
Milk thistle
Fluconazole
AZO Yeast- had a itchy comeback last week and htis helps
Magnesium
a pharmacuitcal multi
Threelac-Not sure this is helping like they claim.
I stated ACV the other day and my face is clearing up!! Praise God! My bowels are becoming more regular but today I can feel some die off.

I have a headache, tummy feel sweird and I am very sluggish. I have been up for 5 hours and just got dressed. Not like me!

I am going slow. I am going to cut out daily next. I was under the impression we could eat goat chesse. Am I wrong?

I am doing some researchon the Atkins diet and want to begin that as well.

Well that it. For now anyways. I love the thread and will keep reading.

Mary

Last edited by Maryj; 10-29-2009 at 08:13 AM..
Old 10-29-2009, 08:12 AM   #1809
Junior LCF Member

I thought of more!

My dr has had me on progesterone for the past 3 years for hot flashes, peri menopause issues. I just started taking vitamin D for a thyroid issue.

Can these be Candida related???? I just thought of that.

I will admit I have stopped the progesteron this past month due to some things I have read on bio identical hormone therapy.

Thanks!
Mary
Old 10-29-2009, 08:17 AM   #1810
Junior LCF Member

What was your recipe for the mayo? Please share
Old 10-29-2009, 10:26 AM   #1811
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: fawn
I sure hate to see all of you suffer for so long. CS really is a superior candida killer. I know. My future DIL had such a severe case of candida she had ring worm and my oldest daughter had the light headed/spacey feelling. The CS got rid of DIL's ringworm in just days and DD is doing much better.
we actually make it.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:48 AM   #1812
Junior LCF Member

Fawn what is cs?
Old 10-29-2009, 01:28 PM   #1813
Zombie Fairy Princess

Gallery: Marlee
Stats: -53
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryj View Post
Fawn what is cs?

Yeah what is it so I can get it like yesterday
Old 10-29-2009, 01:59 PM   #1814

I'm sorry girls, it's colloidal silver. "The original antibiotic that doesn't disrupt good flora"
You will see one case of arguyria if you google this. It's ridiculous and I and others believe a plant for pharma. He drank copious amounts of low quality product. I take it daily during times of stress (right now I have a little toothache I'm treating with it)
Old 11-17-2009, 07:35 AM   #1815
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bamboo
Apologies for the grossness.

Bad belly button - pusses and weeps smelly yellow stuff. Vast improvement since I started Atkins 6 weeks ago (had 2 days severe die-off type muscle ache). My belly button returned to normal for a while nad was not red and sore. Still on Atkins induction, loads of weight to loose and belly button puss has returned this week (but less painful, alot less liquid and not quite as smelly and skin is not as red so skin not infected). Is this Candida or what? Anyone had this?
Old 12-02-2009, 04:39 AM   #1816
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: PghPALady1974
WOE: thru my mouth
I am going to go back and read this entire thread hopefully tonight. But I was wondering if anyone has a tendency to get boils and/or carbuncles when they are suffering from higher yeast in their bodies?

I have been eating WAY off plan fro about 2 months and I think it has caught up with me. My face is breaking out and I have a large boil on my leg. I rubbed CO on it a few times during the night and that seemed to take it down some.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:21 PM   #1817

Gallery: Su11
Stats: Total loss- 65 (since Sept 05)
WOE: General lower carb- fructose limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPALady1974 View Post
I am going to go back and read this entire thread hopefully tonight. But I was wondering if anyone has a tendency to get boils and/or carbuncles when they are suffering from higher yeast in their bodies?

I have been eating WAY off plan fro about 2 months and I think it has caught up with me. My face is breaking out and I have a large boil on my leg. I rubbed CO on it a few times during the night and that seemed to take it down some.
It may be, but you also need to go to the doc and get treated for staph. Wash all the linens and things you often touch too. It isn't something to mess around with. Then worry about yeast.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:36 AM   #1818
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: PghPALady1974
WOE: thru my mouth
I know the boil is from eating junk food. I always have one pop up when I have been eating it for a while. Once I am back on plan, I am good. In the past I have been pretty much on plan for over a year and never had a boil. But once I start up with lots of sugar and starches, one appears again. Halloween is my downfall holiday for some reason. So I ate a ton of sugar in the past month. I actually do better through Thanksgiving and Christmas!

I put CO on it again last night/this morning at least 5 times. I rub more in each time I get up to pee (I upped my water yesterday that's why I got up so much!) and it is way down. Actually the marks from band aids look worse! If once I get back on plan, I have another pop up I will get to the dr. for sure.

I still need to find time to read this thread from the beginning. I am hoping to read a little today/tomorrow before work and I am off Sat so I should be able to read more then.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart
-Helen Keller

First Goal...Get into my size 16 pants and jeans (currently in sz 18)
Old 12-13-2009, 06:01 PM   #1819
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Looweewoo
Stats: 420/275/220 - 6'2"
WOE: Carnivore/T2 Diabetic
Start Date: Restart@350 09/17/09 The best is yet to come!
There are way too many posts to read in this thread!8-O

Hi everyone!

I have always been told that I should look into Candida but I always figured it was the least of my problems. Well... now a lot of my more pressing problems are resolved so I am looking at yeast. My question about Tinnitus led me here.

I figure I'll just do the basic very low carb diet with CO and probiotics unless there's something better (non-prescription) that's being used these days?
Old 12-14-2009, 08:45 AM   #1820
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BikerAng
Stats: 195/167/155 5'9"
WOE: Atkins - organic & humanely raised
Start Date: Feb 2007
lots of raw garlic and paul d'arco tea can help kill off excess yeast. Also oil of oregano and grapefruit seed extract help but I haven't ever used those. CO is great also, just go slow if you are just starting to use it.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:54 AM   #1821
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Looweewoo
Stats: 420/275/220 - 6'2"
WOE: Carnivore/T2 Diabetic
Start Date: Restart@350 09/17/09 The best is yet to come!
I've been doing unsweetened Coconut bark as a treat for a while, but usually just very small pieces. I haven't made any this week because I'm running short on CO until Wednesday. I'm going to try some variations this week, but for now I'm just taking three teaspoons of liquid CO spread throughout the day.

I'll have to study up on the probiotics but I remember seeing Oil of Oregano at the HFS.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:08 AM   #1822
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lifeisgoodx10
Stats: I gauge progress with how a certain skirt fits...
WOE: No white stuff/Moderate Low Carb for now.....
Start Date: 11-29-09
I've read up to page 25 on this thread and decided to go ahead and post now because it looks like it'll take awhile to read all posts!!! :O)

Year ago a doctor, who is pediatrician but also treats adults preventively and alternatively. He is a big believer in the yeast problem that plagues americans. I had been bitte by a brown recluse spider and in the course of treatment I was given very stron atibiotics (the one used for leprocy). These antibiotics practically killed my immunity. I was jaundiced and began catching every little cold or virus that I came in contact with. I was very fatigued as well. (Of course the spider bite affected me systemically plus the meds). To make a longish story shortish.......he took me off cheese, alcohol, mushrooms, any type of malt, sugar, canteloupe and there were two other things which escape my memory at the moment. He put me on liquid nystanin that I swished and swallowed and put a few drops in each nostril three times a day......also several herbs and vitamins (too many to name or remember). Anyway slowly but surely over a period of time I regained my life. Also during this time I discovered I had Hashimot's Thyroiditis (hypo throid). I went through a period of extreme fatigue, memory probs, depression, anxiety etc.
Well now many years later.......I am now on day 18 of low carbing. On the third day I had great energy. Then it dipped again, then up then down. Then I did 28 hours of nothing but eggs and meat and fat. I got a sore throat and stuffed nose (which had gotten much better just after a couple days of lc). It's more than a stuff nose now it's a cold or sinus infection. But I am curious if this is coincidental or if it may be die off? Now I have been running outside the last few days in the rain so I guess that could have something to do with it and it is cold and flu season.....but it's comical/curious that my throat started getting sore during the protein/fat fast. Anyway last night I added back some cheese and cream thinking that maybe I was going too fast with the VLC and causing die off after reading the posts here.
I have ordered some CO (extra virgin). I bought ACV (Bragg's) at Kroger and an inexpensive type CO. I'm going to use this CO externally. I read where some of you have the under breast rash. I get this sometimes from sweating when I run and from underwire bras etc. I used this CO last night and my skin does feel softer. I can say that. I have a little more energy this morning than yesterday. I used the ACV. Plus I utilized my neti pot 4 times instead of my usual once or twice a day. I plan to run (treadmill) and sweat some of this out. I really want to avoid the doctor and steroid shot. Sorry so long winded.

No matter where you go, there you are.

The vision of a champion is someone who is bent over, drenched in sweat at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is looking........
Old 12-16-2009, 06:16 AM   #1823
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lifeisgoodx10
Stats: I gauge progress with how a certain skirt fits...
WOE: No white stuff/Moderate Low Carb for now.....
Start Date: 11-29-09
I just wanted to say that this alternative physician is NOT the one who prescribed those antibiotics for the spider bite. I didn't find him for at least a year later. The "diet" he had me on was a LC plan unbeknownst to me at that time. I have tried LC one other time but I also went low fat. I felt great but it was not sustainable for me and ended up giving it up and of course gaining some weight. I seem to every couple years vacilate up or down 20-25 pounds. Right now I would like to lose about 15 (I think) I actually don't weigh myself as the numbers freak me out (I have a history of bulemia). I have a skirt that I use to gauge my progress. It's looser than when I started LC 18 days ago. When it gets so big that it hangs down on my hips well below my belly button.......that's my goal. If I have a weight goal it would be 132-136.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:00 AM   #1824
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrkitty
Stats: start date 11/25/12 - 215 - 48-46-51
WOE: Low Carb, ORGANIC, no yeast, wheat, soy or corn
Start Date: 11-22-12
Achy joints and legs

I read through all of this last week over the course of a few days - but I can't remember if achy joints and achy legs is a sign of yeast die off.....I had a pretty severe yeast infection/UTI for the second time within 4 months and I decided that's it - I was going back on Atkins - haven't done since 2003 - anyways in 2006 I was diagnosed as wheat/corn allergies...haven't done anything about it up till now.....so I am trying to low carb AND do no yeast or corn...still doing dairy - have to have cream in my coffee and cheese in my stuff...but I am trying to do less of both ...any ideas? Joints in hands feel swelled and achy and achy legs woke me up last night - walked around a bit and then was able to go back to sleep.

Now I am also diabetic - but lost 20 pounds a couple years ago - blood sugar was 250ish back then and had to take metformin....since weight loss blood surgar stays around 130ish and no longer take metformin....

So the past two days I was standing a lot due to cooking...you know how you get hungry on this diet at first...so I did a cooking storm and cooked straight for two days so I have a fridge full of legal foods....but am wondering if that may be the achy legs....always had problems when standing too long...I attributed to diabetes...but don't really know.....

Thoughts anyone??
Old 12-19-2009, 12:08 PM   #1825

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerAng View Post
lots of raw garlic and paul d'arco tea can help kill off excess yeast. Also oil of oregano and grapefruit seed extract help but I haven't ever used those. CO is great also, just go slow if you are just starting to use it.
This is what I was going to recommend to PAlady. There's something going on there.....I would take copious amounts of garlic. Natural Factors, Garlic Factors is a nice one.

Again folks, don't under estimate the efficacy of the colloidal silver which you can purchase at your favorite vitamin shoppe....

or you can do it the slow, agonizing way with loads of anti-fungals.

Some may not remember nor read of my experience with my son's girlfriend. Her candida manifested as a ring worm type skin rash. CS and within 2 days, it was gone.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:58 PM   #1826
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CdnGal
WOE: hHCG pellets R2P2
Start Date: R2 1/5/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by fawn View Post
Again folks, don't under estimate the efficacy of the colloidal silver which you can purchase at your favorite vitamin shoppe....

or you can do it the slow, agonizing way with loads of anti-fungals.

Some may not remember nor read of my experience with my son's girlfriend. Her candida manifested as a ring worm type skin rash. CS and within 2 days, it was gone.
Fawn,

I am very interested in learning more about how to use colloidal silver to combat candida.

How much colloidal silver do you recommend someone use if they have candida? How long do they need to take it for? Does one have to gradually increase the dose, or stay at the same dose the entire time? Is this powder? If so, how do most people take it?

Thanks in advance.

Caroline
Old 12-28-2009, 09:34 AM   #1827
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Pinot
I am also very interested in the colloidal silver for candida.
ETA: What is a good brand to buy and how much do you take?

Also, will colloidal silver help with acne?

My beautiful 20 y/o DD has suffered with both candida and acne for years
and has tried just about everything a dermatologist can recommend
(including way too many antibiotics, hence, the candida issues).
I was shocked when she came home for Christmas to see how bad her acne has gotten again.

It's so heart-breaking to see her suffer with it.

She's trying some new acne medication and skin care products,
but I'm convinced her problem is diet-related and always has been.

One more question: If you know you have candida overgrowth, but you continue to eat problem foods,
does it make any difference whether or not you take probiotics?
Are the probiotics still doing some good or are they just a waste of time until you get serious about your diet?
(This is an ongoing debate I'm having with DD.)

Last edited by Pinot; 12-28-2009 at 09:58 AM..
Old 12-28-2009, 10:43 AM   #1828
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
I'm a Newbie here. I was diagnosed with Candida over 10 years ago and did well with change of diet (Adkins-like) but then went back to old habits and suffer again from epigastric bloating/reflux/etc that I know is due to sensitivity to corn/wheat/etc. Why do we do this to ourselves? Plus I've gained weight going through early menopause and stress of being in grad school and working full-time! I have a week break before classes start again and have been reading the LCF site for the past 24 hours since I stumbled upon it. Just a year ago I was diagnosed with insulin resistance and have been started on Metformin. I've been to MediWeightLoss clinic and would like to be down by 50 to 60 lbs before September 2010 when I plan to do a 5K run at Race for the Cure, my 3rd year as a survivor (praise the Lord!) So, thank you for all these posts and I'm looking forward to accountability to reach my health/weight/and fitness goals for 2010!!
Old 12-28-2009, 11:05 PM   #1829
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ny_shelly
Stats: 320.4/312.2/135 ~ 5'6"
WOE: Dukan Diet
Start Date: 8/26/11 Day 1
Here's 2 interesting sites about CS:

Candida And Colloidal Silver

My Anti-Candida Diet and Natural Health Treatments
Old 12-28-2009, 11:07 PM   #1830
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ny_shelly