Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katlj
Stats: 142/134/btw. 127-125 5'7"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart (again *sigh*): 8/4/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhappy View Post
Hi katlj
Hang in there with the induction - we've all been there and it will start coming off! My weight loss is such a positive for me while I'm learning to eat like this because it is hard to change such diet habits. Feeling better is the most important thing but I just love to cook and love all food and .....well you know how the story goes.

I'm just curious, how long did it take for you to start with symptoms again once you started doing sugar/flour again? And, were you able to stop the weight loss once you got to your desired weight last time? The last and only other time I did this, I got too skinny and just kept losing. I attribute it to not being as educated about this and hope that won't happen again.

Good luck to you!
*HUGS BHAPPY*

I do know the story! I fell into the slippery slope of "one croissant won't hurt" and then full-out sugar binges. Seems to me it took about a month, then the excema started again. I never put that together with carb consumption, but it certainly makes sense.

The "I feel Craptacular!" feeling seems to be ebbing. I just upped my EVCO and ACV, so we'll see what happens next. I'm planning to add grapefruitseed soon.

Interesting you should ask about losing too much. The first time I was on the plan I was doing well on it at my goal of around 125 lbs. (I'm 5'7".) I was cast in a show that required *ahem* nudity and I was playing a Crack Addict, (the play was "Bug" if anyone has seen it) so I decided that another five pounds off was in order. I lost 12. Great for the show, not so great for me. My size 2 clothes were loose and I felt like hell. I figured that I'd just put the weight back on after the show ended. It was NOT easy. I couldn't put anything on for a couple of months. I finally was able to get 10 back on, but it took 6 months. I stayed at 122 for another year, then started in with the old emotional eating patterns and now I'm back on Atkins.

So when you hit goal next time, it really is important to up the HEALTHY carbs to a good maintenance level. I was able to do that until I gave into the bad habits.

Even with the bad habits, I was holding at about 130, then I had my hysterectomy followed by a month-long trek to NYC where I ate ANYTHING I WANTED. Ugh. I came back weighing 138 and am down to 134 where I've been sitting for over a week.

So now I'm questioning whether or not I'm holding onto the weight and am exhausted all of the time because of the surgery, depression (I lost my job,) or the yeast.

Probably a combination of all three...except I'm sure the antibiotics I had to take related to the surgery (4 rounds in three months) sent the yeast into overdrive.

Well, I'm back on it and am just having faith that I'll feel better soon.

Good luck to you as well!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2009, 01:56 AM   #1772
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Su11
Stats: Total loss- 65 (since Sept 05)
WOE: General lower carb- fructose limited
Quote:
I'm trying the best I can with this diet, but it is difficult. I'm sure it will get better once I cook more and find good recipes. Here's a little dilemma - I've always been a big wine drinker (socially,etc) and now all alcohol is out. So my first question is, has anyone been able to add it back in and handle it well? and is there an alcohol that is less fermented than others for those times when I am just gonna have to cheat?

I went to GNC to get the tea tree oil and they were closed I spoke with her teacher tonight and she will put some EVCO on during the day also. Scares me to think she could be experiencing problems with yeast at such a young age.

I read on one post that someone swallows the garlic clove whole - how do you do it?

That's interesting about the amount of oil decreasing after you started using it on your face I don't understand it but I think it would be a great moisturizer; I'll try it on my hair too.
I'm so glad things are starting to work for you!

As to the CO, there's an entire process that is outlined in some other threads that basically is using moist heat after applying the oil (warm wet cloth) until the CO is 'gone' to cleanse and then just a drop to moisturize if needed. Some folks use other oil (jojoba) for the last if they need more oil. I think that if you just do the cleanse part and skip the moisturize part, it might be more what you need. Or do the cleanse at night and just wash with warm water in the morning.

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." (Mae West)
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." (Theodor Seuss Geisel, a.k.a. Dr. Seuss)
Old 08-12-2009, 09:33 AM   #1773
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BikerAng
Stats: 195/167/155 5'9"
WOE: Atkins - organic & humanely raised
Start Date: Feb 2007
I just ate a lot of garlic (salad dressing, made homeade pesto and slathered it on everything). Some folks cut it into little chunks and swallowed - but I love garlic and just incorporated a lot of it in my cooking (but it needs to be raw).

I just use coconut oil straight out of the shower on my face and it works great for me. It is oily, but absorbs after a few minutes (I just lightly massage it in with my hands).
Old 08-12-2009, 06:11 PM   #1774
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bhappy
Stats: 147/135/130
Start Date: June 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by katlj View Post
*HUGS BHAPPY*

I do know the story! I fell into the slippery slope of "one croissant won't hurt" and then full-out sugar binges. Seems to me it took about a month, then the excema started again. I never put that together with carb consumption, but it certainly makes sense.

The "I feel Craptacular!" feeling seems to be ebbing. I just upped my EVCO and ACV, so we'll see what happens next. I'm planning to add grapefruitseed soon.

Interesting you should ask about losing too much. The first time I was on the plan I was doing well on it at my goal of around 125 lbs. (I'm 5'7".) I was cast in a show that required *ahem* nudity and I was playing a Crack Addict, (the play was "Bug" if anyone has seen it) so I decided that another five pounds off was in order. I lost 12. Great for the show, not so great for me. My size 2 clothes were loose and I felt like hell. I figured that I'd just put the weight back on after the show ended. It was NOT easy. I couldn't put anything on for a couple of months. I finally was able to get 10 back on, but it took 6 months. I stayed at 122 for another year, then started in with the old emotional eating patterns and now I'm back on Atkins.

So when you hit goal next time, it really is important to up the HEALTHY carbs to a good maintenance level. I was able to do that until I gave into the bad habits.

Even with the bad habits, I was holding at about 130, then I had my hysterectomy followed by a month-long trek to NYC where I ate ANYTHING I WANTED. Ugh. I came back weighing 138 and am down to 134 where I've been sitting for over a week.

So now I'm questioning whether or not I'm holding onto the weight and am exhausted all of the time because of the surgery, depression (I lost my job,) or the yeast.

Probably a combination of all three...except I'm sure the antibiotics I had to take related to the surgery (4 rounds in three months) sent the yeast into overdrive.

Well, I'm back on it and am just having faith that I'll feel better soon.

Good luck to you as well!
Wow, sounds like we're pretty similar. I know this last time I was very sick with pneumonia and did 6 weeks of 2 different broad spectrum antibiotics and oral prednisone and inhaled steroids, etc. I got depressed and the yeast really got bad. So, like you said it is a combination of all three but I will say this. I started induction while I was "healthy" and recovered from the pneumonia however, it wasn't until the yeast was really being killed/starved that I noticed such improvement with my attitude. The yeast can cause a lot of mood swings, some being severe. I have been less anxious and moody and not depressed anymore. I was surprised to see how much the yeast contributed to my overall feeling.

I'm supposed to go to NYC to celebrate my 40th bday with my best friend of 25 years and lets see.....I don't get alcohol, or sweets or breads. Now that is going to be really hard. I see myself having an experience like yours, but you only turn 40 once right?
Old 08-12-2009, 06:15 PM   #1775
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerAng View Post
I just ate a lot of garlic (salad dressing, made homeade pesto and slathered it on everything). Some folks cut it into little chunks and swallowed - but I love garlic and just incorporated a lot of it in my cooking (but it needs to be raw).

I just use coconut oil straight out of the shower on my face and it works great for me. It is oily, but absorbs after a few minutes (I just lightly massage it in with my hands).
I love garlic too so I'll be steppin it up a notch! I made a mix of the tea tree oil and CO and it stinks Maybe the concentration is too strong. It was probably 2/3 CO and 1/3 TTO. I put it on her and will look at it in the morning. Do you think that is too strong?
Old 08-12-2009, 06:17 PM   #1776
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su11 View Post
I'm so glad things are starting to work for you!

As to the CO, there's an entire process that is outlined in some other threads that basically is using moist heat after applying the oil (warm wet cloth) until the CO is 'gone' to cleanse and then just a drop to moisturize if needed. Some folks use other oil (jojoba) for the last if they need more oil. I think that if you just do the cleanse part and skip the moisturize part, it might be more what you need. Or do the cleanse at night and just wash with warm water in the morning.
Thanks for the reminder about the moist heat. After reading those 60 pages, I definitely forgot some of the info I will try that.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:53 PM   #1777
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katlj
Stats: 142/134/btw. 127-125 5'7"
Start Date: restart (again *sigh*): 8/4/09
Quote:
Wow, sounds like we're pretty similar. I know this last time I was very sick with pneumonia and did 6 weeks of 2 different broad spectrum antibiotics and oral prednisone and inhaled steroids, etc. I got depressed and the yeast really got bad. So, like you said it is a combination of all three but I will say this. I started induction while I was "healthy" and recovered from the pneumonia however, it wasn't until the yeast was really being killed/starved that I noticed such improvement with my attitude. The yeast can cause a lot of mood swings, some being severe. I have been less anxious and moody and not depressed anymore. I was surprised to see how much the yeast contributed to my overall feeling.
Okay, I just got the depression/yeast connection. THANK YOU!!

Quote:
I'm supposed to go to NYC to celebrate my 40th bday with my best friend of 25 years and lets see.....I don't get alcohol, or sweets or breads. Now that is going to be really hard. I see myself having an experience like yours, but you only turn 40 once right?
OUCH! Les Halles is one of my favorite places and they do a GREAT steak and killer mussels. (I'm sure they'll sub something for the fries if you ask.) It's the place Anthony Bourdain owns. Yum. Both him and the food. Most Italian joints have a lot of meat offerings...I found that keeping my grubby mitts out of the bread basket a challenge and, as we know, I didn't even try.

PROMISE ME that you'll stay away from the National Chains!!! It kills me to be in NYC, with some of the greatest restaurants in the world, and see a huge line at the freakin' Olive Garden.

Have a wonderful, wonderful trip and may I wish you an early
Old 08-12-2009, 07:22 PM   #1778

Quote:
I love garlic too so I'll be steppin it up a notch! I made a mix of the tea tree oil and CO and it stinks Maybe the concentration is too strong. It was probably 2/3 CO and 1/3 TTO. I put it on her and will look at it in the morning. Do you think that is too strong?
YES!!! You can burn with tea tree oil. Just a drop in a teaspoon to tablespoon of oil and test it on one small area first.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:38 PM   #1779
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BikerAng
Stats: 195/167/155 5'9"
WOE: Atkins - organic & humanely raised
Start Date: Feb 2007
Yes, Su11 is correct - tea tree oil can burn. I usually put a about a teaspoon or so in a 1/2 cup or so (I just eyeball it). It definitely stinks, but it's like essential oil - only a little bit is needed.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:18 AM   #1780
Junior LCF Member

Okay, I feel like an idiot I obviously made that much too strong. I had a gut feeling about that. Her rash didn't look any worse this morning so it doesn't appear I did too much damage to my little girl. I'll dilute it out more....thanks for the eye opener!!
Old 08-13-2009, 10:22 AM   #1781
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlj View Post
Okay, I just got the depression/yeast connection. THANK YOU!!

OUCH! Les Halles is one of my favorite places and they do a GREAT steak and killer mussels. (I'm sure they'll sub something for the fries if you ask.) It's the place Anthony Bourdain owns. Yum. Both him and the food. Most Italian joints have a lot of meat offerings...I found that keeping my grubby mitts out of the bread basket a challenge and, as we know, I didn't even try.

PROMISE ME that you'll stay away from the National Chains!!! It kills me to be in NYC, with some of the greatest restaurants in the world, and see a huge line at the freakin' Olive Garden.

Have a wonderful, wonderful trip and may I wish you an early
Thank you!! I DO NOT eat at chain restaurants in NYC - I'm with you. There is incredible food there. My BF really knows NYC very well. I was last there 2.5 yrs ago for her wedding at the Rainbow Room and conceived my 2nd child there. We love the city and am really looking forward to it. Thanks for the suggestions; I'm always up for trying new places.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:25 AM   #1782
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Aunt Sheshie
WOE: CLA/GLA
Candida albicans

No wonder it's so hard to get rid of...

Fungus Found In Humans Shown To Be Nimble In Mating Game
Old 08-16-2009, 10:12 PM   #1783
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: granny on the go
I haven't visited this blog for a long time, I have ADHD along w/everything else. LOL

I've quit sugars, wheat and milk and I still had another round w/bronchial pneumonia last week. This time I tried an antibiotic and it didn't make a difference in 4 -5 days so I quit it. I've had the pneumonia 7 times now since I got out of the hospital in Feb. I don't know if I will make it over the winter the way I am going.

This month I got sick from washing my hair, last month I got too cool at the courthouse when I went in for jury duty.

I have been checking into other things that might help me and I came across a blog about Tumeric, a spice in Curry Powder. Seems the active ingredient is curcumin so I checked to see if curcumin might also help w/candida. The reports are more than just interesting as to its effects on candida.

I have been choking on some phlegm that is draining out of my sinuses even tho I have been using the nasal irrigation. That will last for a few hours and then I'm spitting up a thick, sticky, white drainage. I didn't have any curcumin or even tumeric but I did put some curry powder in an orange/herbal tea a while ago and drink it. It was pretty good after I got over the sweats. lol At least for now the drainage is gone and I am breathing clear. Anyhow, there seem to be no side effects (no, my ears were already ringing, thank you!). It is supposed to be very effective taken w/antifungals. Just thought I would throw this in.

I didn't find that the coconut oil helped me, but I keep some on hand as it is really good and healthy, fantastic when rubbed on the skin after a bath.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:45 PM   #1784
Junior LCF Member

Can someone remind me of how to "clean" the almonds to rid them of any possible mold contamination? I read it somewhere in the 60 pages and cannot find it. Thanks!
Old 08-26-2009, 04:46 AM   #1785
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hollyoak
Can men have Candida?

I just took the test and scored 694. While reading the questions I couldn't help notice how many of the symptoms my DH & adult son both have.
If adult males can have candida can their partners catch it from them?
If children are given antibotics can they develope candida too?

I'm sorry if these questions have been answered before, I have just read this for the first time. I can see I have some serious reading to do.

My heart goes out to those who are either suffering with this or who have suffered in the past.
Thank you for the gathering of so much information in one place.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:55 AM   #1786
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janamonkey
Stats: 201/194/131
WOE: LC
Okay - finally finished this huge thread! It took me days.

I've been having some strange symptoms for the past 6 months. I never could put my finger on what was causing them until a friend of mine lent me the book "The Yeast Connection"

I was on a round of antibiotics last winter for an infection I had in my mouth after getting my wisdom teeth pulled. Ever since then I've had:

- Reoccurring athletes foot and ring worm
- Sinus problems
- Stuffy nose
- Post nasal drip after eating ANYTHING
- Extreme fatigue (I sleep for 9 hours a night and STILL fall asleep for 2-3 hours afterwork)
- Bloating
- Frequent heart-burn

Since I've never had a yeast infection it never occurred to me it could be a yeast problem. However since reading that book and this thread I'm fairly certain this is my problem. I've been spending a lot of time this week researching and have decided that next Monday I'll start the candida diet. I want to have time to go shopping, get the sups, etc.

I'm SO glad to finally have an idea of what the heck is going on with me. I've always been healthy so this is definitely out of the norm for me.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:40 PM   #1787
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyoak View Post
Can men have Candida?

I just took the test and scored 694. While reading the questions I couldn't help notice how many of the symptoms my DH & adult son both have.
If adult males can have candida can their partners catch it from them?
If children are given antibotics can they develope candida too?

I'm sorry if these questions have been answered before, I have just read this for the first time. I can see I have some serious reading to do.

My heart goes out to those who are either suffering with this or who have suffered in the past.
Thank you for the gathering of so much information in one place.
Welcome! Yes men can have candidasis. Candida is in all our bodies but women are more prone to an overgrowth of it because of hormones, birth control pills, etc. I've read in the book "The Yeast Connection" that men and women can pass it back and forth sexually.

I strongly recommend reading this entire thread. I know it's lengthy but it supplies a ton of information you will find very helpful. Also, get the book I mentioned above. It is a very easy read and I got it dirt cheap on Amazon.

It's a rough illness but luckily, with sites like this, there are people out here to help eachother and you can get better. Good luck!
Old 08-27-2009, 06:44 PM   #1788
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janamonkey View Post
Okay - finally finished this huge thread! It took me days.

I've been having some strange symptoms for the past 6 months. I never could put my finger on what was causing them until a friend of mine lent me the book "The Yeast Connection"

I was on a round of antibiotics last winter for an infection I had in my mouth after getting my wisdom teeth pulled. Ever since then I've had:

- Reoccurring athletes foot and ring worm
- Sinus problems
- Stuffy nose
- Post nasal drip after eating ANYTHING
- Extreme fatigue (I sleep for 9 hours a night and STILL fall asleep for 2-3 hours afterwork)
- Bloating
- Frequent heart-burn

Since I've never had a yeast infection it never occurred to me it could be a yeast problem. However since reading that book and this thread I'm fairly certain this is my problem. I've been spending a lot of time this week researching and have decided that next Monday I'll start the candida diet. I want to have time to go shopping, get the sups, etc.

I'm SO glad to finally have an idea of what the heck is going on with me. I've always been healthy so this is definitely out of the norm for me.
I'm glad you made it through the thread. It took me a long time as well and I was putting many things in my life on the back burner until I finished it. You sound like me and isn't it just great to get some clarity on what in the heck is going on with you?! It is amazing how many symptoms a yeast overgrowth can cause. Follow the diet and recommendations made in the thread and let us know how you are doing. I hope you begin to feel better soon!
Old 09-17-2009, 09:15 AM   #1789
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kathy_de_Alabama
Stats: 242/205/155
WOE: ZERO CARB
Quote:
Originally Posted by granny on the go View Post
I've just been reading thru some of the old postings and found that most (probably all if it wasn't so uncomfortable talking about "personal" issues") have been plauged by candida vaginitis. There, I said it.... Anyhow, the best thing I've ever used for that problem was POWDERED Nystatin that Dr. Orian Truss had me to put in a tiny capsule for insertion every night. I had to mail order the powdered Nystatin from a pharmacy in Birmingham, it's a prescription. Later I found a pharmacy in Houston where I could get it. That was only about 60 miles from where I lived.

Dr. Truss was the original discoverer of the yeast connection back in the 50s. I had seen the best allergist in the Houston area his rotary diet isn't for the faint hearted. It WILL cure food cravings if followed closely. I had gained up to 118 lbs but there was still something going on. Another of my allergists patients that I had traded phone numbers with called me and said she had seen Dr Truss in Birmingham and was much improved. I had to save my money a long time to go there. lol I shouldn't try to type or think when I get tired...I just had to erase 2 whole sentences that didn't make sense even to me. Had a massage today. It sure made me feel better until I got too tireede.

My mom just told me that Dr. Truss died last week.

A lot of other people got credit for his tremendous work and amazing discoveries throughout his career. I don't think he even cared about that, as long as word got our about the Yeast Connection. He kept his practice open and kept prescribing Nystatin and helping people solve their Candida struggle until he died. He was 86.

He will be greatly missed here in Birmingham.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:21 AM   #1790
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
TRUSS, CLAUDE ORIAN, M.D., 86, of Birmingham died on Thursday, September 10, 2009. He was born on December 1, 1922 in Birmingham, Alabama. He attended Bluff Park School when it was still a two-room schoolhouse. He graduated from Birmingham-Southern College and Cornell University Medical College and was Chief Resident in Internal Medicine of the Cornell Division of Bellevue Hospital in New York City. He held the position of Chief of Cardiology at the U.S. Air Force Hospital at Maxwell Field, Alabama. He also completed a fellowship in pharmacology at the University of Alabama Medical School. He practiced internal medicine and allergy in Birmingham for over fifty years and was widely known for his research in the field of Candida albicans and its role in human illness. He authored two books on this subject, one in 1983 and one in 2009. He was a lifelong member of Bluff Park United Methodist Church. He was preceded in death by his parents, ...Funeral services will be held at ... the family requests that donations be sent to the Autism Research Institute, 4182 Adams Avenue, San Diego, California 92116.
He was also my mom's doc for 33 years. I met him at age 6.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:03 PM   #1791
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Hi, everyone. I just referred a friend to this thread. She has chronic recurring yeast infections. She is perimenopausal and her hormone doc said hormone imbalance can cause this. Anyway, he suggested boric acid suppositories. Anyone else do this?
Old 09-17-2009, 04:28 PM   #1792

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy_de_Alabama View Post
He was also my mom's doc for 33 years. I met him at age 6.
Oh Kathy, I am so sorry. He was leading a study on nystatin that my doctor participated in when I lived in B'ham. It was the single most dramatic help anyone has given me in my life. Sadly, I moved away and didn't have that kind of help again.

He did so much good!
Old 09-18-2009, 11:57 AM   #1793
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, Su. He was a big part of our lives in my family. I will miss him greatly.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:14 AM   #1794
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tortor82
So I've read through some of this but not all of it... I have learned SO much it's overwhelming!! I am on day 3 of an evil candida diet and my doc wasn't super specific (although she's great) regarding caffeine. I am a coffee drinker, at least a cup a day but haven't had any because it was kaiboshed in the "do not eat" list. Will it delay the killing off of these little yeast punks? I'm waiting on a cookbook in the mail, and thank GOD for you all, otherwise I would be starving. I'm just trying to be SO careful I want to do this right.

So, I guess my questions after all that rambling are this:

coffee?? yea, no?? if no, what am I to do for my caffeine fix?

thanks!!!
Old 09-24-2009, 10:38 AM   #1795
Junior LCF Member

Well, the diet change is so tough!!! But it gets easier the longer you do it. The more you investigate, you will find lists that have discrepancies on what is allowed and what is not. You will have to find what your body can tolerate. I too am a coffee lover and was not going to give it up. I did switch to decaf (organic if you can) and I ONLY use Native Forest Coconut Milk as my cream and it is delish! Hang in there....keep reading...and you will feel better.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:17 AM   #1796
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tortor82
thank you thank you!!! I'm going out at lunch to buy some acv, coconut oil (even though I hate coconut) and xylitol and/or stevia... Thanks for all the support, I feel so much better after reading all of your encouraging words.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:12 AM   #1797
Zombie Fairy Princess

Gallery: Marlee
Stats: -53
Hi there,

I've been trying desperately hard to do yeast free for 4 days today. My MD gave me a very simple diet that I had been following quite happily. Then I started reading online and took 4 books out of the library and I'm confused as hell

My dr's diet said you could have fruits like plums, peaches, berries, brown rice, honey, etc. What I've read online is that no fruits exceptf for unsweeteetened cranberries or rhubarb are allowed. They talk about rotating foods and taking medicine by mouth or the yeast won't die. I'm also taking a very expensive pro biotic. ARGH..... I'm so confused.

I think something must be happening cause in the last 3 days I've lost 13 lbs. I feel a lot better physically and mentally (except for the torment over the diet itself).

ANY advice would be appreciated. The only thing I'm craving is coffee. I am craving coffee so bad it hurts. I only had one cup a day of decaf with just cream in it, no sugar. I'm considering adding it back in because I feel like this is going to make me blow everything.

It really weirds me out too cause before I started this I'd say I was addicted to cheese. I actually hoarded cheese in my fridge lol.. my husband loves to tease me about it. I couldn't' care less about cheese right now t hough... it's just all about my coffee

Well, if you've managed to weed through this at all your input would be greatly appreciated.

Marlee

"It's well we cannot hear the screams we make in other people's dreams." ~ Edward Gorey
Old 09-26-2009, 06:26 PM   #1798
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlee View Post
Hi there,

I've been trying desperately hard to do yeast free for 4 days today. My MD gave me a very simple diet that I had been following quite happily. Then I started reading online and took 4 books out of the library and I'm confused as hell

My dr's diet said you could have fruits like plums, peaches, berries, brown rice, honey, etc. What I've read online is that no fruits exceptf for unsweeteetened cranberries or rhubarb are allowed. They talk about rotating foods and taking medicine by mouth or the yeast won't die. I'm also taking a very expensive pro biotic. ARGH..... I'm so confused.

I think something must be happening cause in the last 3 days I've lost 13 lbs. I feel a lot better physically and mentally (except for the torment over the diet itself).

ANY advice would be appreciated. The only thing I'm craving is coffee. I am craving coffee so bad it hurts. I only had one cup a day of decaf with just cream in it, no sugar. I'm considering adding it back in because I feel like this is going to make me blow everything.

It really weirds me out too cause before I started this I'd say I was addicted to cheese. I actually hoarded cheese in my fridge lol.. my husband loves to tease me about it. I couldn't' care less about cheese right now t hough... it's just all about my coffee

Well, if you've managed to weed through this at all your input would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Marlee~
I can appreciate your level of frustration!!! I still have it too. Good days and bad days, strong days and weak days. I personally think the diet is much more difficult than what I had read people say on the thread. Maybe they are all a lot stronger minded but I think I'm pretty darned strong. It's unbelievable to think I might have to eat like this the rest of my life. This is so restrictive. But it depends on how "sensitive" you are. I have such an extreme mold allergy where I live that I am VERY sensitive to anything that feeds yeast I have been doing this strictly since July and it is still hard. IMHO, there is not much food that doesn't take a decent amount of preparation/time. They say in the thread that you crave those things that aren't good for you, which makes sense. But I think you have to pick your battles so to speak and decide (through trying different things) what you will be able to stick to and feel good with and what you must stay away from to feel good. If you are used to a sweet coffee, use the Stevia powder ( a little goes a long way) and the Native Forest brand of Coconut milk for cream. It really is good! Try some of the recipes on this site. I've only made a few. I did make a chocolate/zucchini bread that by all normal standards was not great tasting, but by my new "desperate for something sweet" standard....it was good.
Just know it is hard but you have to do it for your health. The weight loss is a sign it is working. A yeast overgrowth does make it VERY difficult to lose weight and by the time you have such calorie restriction along with killing the yeast, the pounds will come off. Also, if you do the Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, it raises your metabolism and that will also help. Good luck!
Old 09-28-2009, 05:21 PM   #1799
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Hi, everyone. I just referred a friend to this thread. She has chronic recurring yeast infections. She is perimenopausal and her hormone doc said hormone imbalance can cause this. Anyway, he suggested boric acid suppositories. Anyone else do this?
Anybody?
Old 09-29-2009, 12:55 PM   #1800
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: 7littleangels
Stats: 220/220/140
WOE: Atkins '72/ Healthy eating for life
Start Date: 6/12/2014
I still have 1 -2 cups of coffee a day. I use coconut milk and coconut oil in it with Stevia. Coffee and Bacon are my last two things to go and I am holding on to them until it is a given that they have to go.

Jeanie
Closed Thread