Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Candida and Yeast
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2008, 12:04 PM   #151
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 16,050
Gallery: fawn
Melissa, don't worry about vitamin D toxicity. That's actually a study that was performed on synthetic forms of D.

The CLO is also a superior source for your children of Vitamin A

My son at 24 has a vitamin A deficiency as he can't tolerate sun at all near his eyes (classic symptom) and DD, 20 suffers with eye sight problems as well.

I take CLO for vitamin D stores and I'm in the sun daily when I can.

and Prozak, your statement regarding wish I knew then what I know now? I CAN SO RELATE! I've even apologized to my adult children and promised to be the best nutrition grandma I could be.

My little friends baby is doing marvelously by the way!

Last edited by fawn; 09-17-2008 at 12:05 PM..
fawn is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2008, 12:06 PM   #152
Senior LCF Member
 
gina1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 458
Gallery: gina1
Stats: 193/current 180/goal weight 140
Start Date: starting right now
i confess i just told my husband i can't understand why i am so itchy. i am going to up my co and i am just starting with the acv. i'll see if that helps. its embarrassing,but i learn so much on these boards thank you!
gina1 is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 12:18 PM   #153
Senior LCF Member
 
gina1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 458
Gallery: gina1
Stats: 193/current 180/goal weight 140
Start Date: starting right now
my daughters have sensory issues. the occupational therapist explained to me that the yeast infection is in the gut very close to a nerve that starts with a v.?? (can't remember the name) this can also cause emotional changes. in my case my daughter gets very angry. they also have many symptoms from previous page. i have changed their diets they are basic low carb, but they do eat fruit and i do not bring junk into the house and i notice a huge difference in my girls. maybe its not sensory,but yeast infections. i just find this interesting.
gina1 is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 12:20 PM   #154
Guest
 
wannabeslim4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 6,011
Gallery: wannabeslim4life
Stats: 177/163/120
Quote:
Originally Posted by fawn View Post
Melissa, don't worry about vitamin D toxicity. That's actually a study that was performed on synthetic forms of D.

The CLO is also a superior source for your children of Vitamin A

My son at 24 has a vitamin A deficiency as he can't tolerate sun at all near his eyes (classic symptom) and DD, 20 suffers with eye sight problems as well.

I take CLO for vitamin D stores and I'm in the sun daily when I can.

and Prozak, your statement regarding wish I knew then what I know now? I CAN SO RELATE! I've even apologized to my adult children and promised to be the best nutrition grandma I could be.

My little friends baby is doing marvelously by the way!
Thank you. What is the name of the course to are taking to learn all of this information? I have my passion in life thanks to you.
wannabeslim4life is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 12:23 PM   #155
Guest
 
wannabeslim4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 6,011
Gallery: wannabeslim4life
Stats: 177/163/120
Quote:
Originally Posted by gina1 View Post
my daughters have sensory issues. the occupational therapist explained to me that the yeast infection is in the gut very close to a nerve that starts with a v.?? (can't remember the name) this can also cause emotional changes. in my case my daughter gets very angry. they also have many symptoms from previous page. i have changed their diets they are basic low carb, but they do eat fruit and i do not bring junk into the house and i notice a huge difference in my girls. maybe its not sensory,but yeast infections. i just find this interesting.
That is very interesting. I have omitted the junk from my DD's woe but DS is EXTREMELY sensitive to certain colors of foods and prefers to eat plain old bread so I hope when he starts therapy we will get to a point that he will eat the same way as the rest of our family and I will see improvements also.
wannabeslim4life is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 12:38 PM   #156
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,825
Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prozak View Post
rockgal, if you google image search for 'yeast rash' you might find yours in there....

also, re: swimming pools

the chlorine in them will kill all the natural flora on our skin, leaving them more susceptible to yeast/candida and any other infections.

I recommend a good rinse and a light coating of coconut oil after every swim.....

This really is all coming together, thanks for the thread Toot

Hey, I'm learning along with you guys. I'm loving this thread. It really is coming together for me too.
Tooter is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 12:42 PM   #157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,135
Gallery: Margot 65
re: coconut oil

if you cannot get older kids to take it, try some coconut milk and o/j together. (just make sure is is 100% OJ and no added sugar of any type...) throw in an umbrella and fancy straw, they will LOVE it (again, watch for CPS if your kids go to school bragging about pina coladas for breakfast LOL)

Also, coconut milk can be added to the baby's formula.. it doesn't harden as the bottle cools, and works better in cold formula when they are older and you are no longer heating the bottles.
Margot 65 is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 12:44 PM   #158
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,135
Gallery: Margot 65
Oh let me add than ANY CHILD who has taken antibiotics should be considered as having candida overgrowth as well.
Margot 65 is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 12:44 PM   #159
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,825
Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by fawn View Post
You've got that right.....or they refuse to acknowledge it. I went to the Dr. with my 26 yo who has yeast but of course needs a dr's diagnosis (that's a whole other story with her) fuzzy feeling, itchy scalp, dry skin, tired, 100lbs over weight, carb addict.......um yeah, she's a yeastie beastie alright so when I mention this to the Dr. while she has this stupid puzzled look on her face, she proceeds to tell me "Oh there's no testing for that and I'm not sure the two are related....Angela have you thought about a low fat diet?"
yes, thinks Mother, SHE'S BEEN ON WW FOR 7 YEARS AND IS STILL 100LBS OVER WEIGHT!
We've gotten through that and she has tried to irradicate it but she's not doing what it takes to stick with it for optimum results which is sad for me.


Like Prozak and Steph, I got lazy with it and thought I could just rely on low carb. I'm loving this thread and can see so many of us waking up. What if you had her join this thread? It's sort of like a mini support group in here.
Would it help her?
Tooter is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 12:46 PM   #160
Guest
 
wannabeslim4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 6,011
Gallery: wannabeslim4life
Stats: 177/163/120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prozak View Post
re: coconut oil

if you cannot get older kids to take it, try some coconut milk and o/j together. (just make sure is is 100% OJ and no added sugar of any type...) throw in an umbrella and fancy straw, they will LOVE it (again, watch for CPS if your kids go to school bragging about pina coladas for breakfast LOL)

Also, coconut milk can be added to the baby's formula.. it doesn't harden as the bottle cools, and works better in cold formula when they are older and you are no longer heating the bottles.
Are you referring to Coconut Oil when you say "Milk" or is this a different product?
wannabeslim4life is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 12:46 PM   #161
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,135
Gallery: Margot 65
I know my sister would be here in a heartbeat if she did not live 1/2 way up the Alaska Highway with nothing but dial up!

I ordered her the book The Diet Cure for her birthday...
Margot 65 is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 12:50 PM   #162
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,135
Gallery: Margot 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeslim4life View Post
Are you referring to Coconut Oil when you say "Milk" or is this a different product?
The milk out of a coconut

Look for an organic brand like this:

Coconut Milk, Unsweetened, Organic, 14 oz.:...">Amazon.com: Coconut Milk, Unsweetened, Organic, 14 oz.:...Amazon.com: Coconut Milk, Unsweetened, Organic, 14 oz.:...
There are several types found in most baking sections of stores, but watch for additives. Sometimes they add stuff to keep the cream from separating and you only want the pure, full fat milk

Really good stuff and I am going to switch to that in my coffee and egg creams as well.

I believe the fat can be skimmed off the top and whipped as well!
Margot 65 is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 12:51 PM   #163
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 16,050
Gallery: fawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeslim4life View Post
Are you referring to Coconut Oil when you say "Milk" or is this a different product?
yep Melissa, milk is a completely different product. It's from mature coconuts. Then, there's also coconut water which I buy my nephew instead of gatorade for his football games. He's my little luv health nut. He notices a huge difference.

Tooter, I tried to get her involved in the forums. It's difficult. I am very slow and gentle with her. She is the perfect co-dependent

I nick named her boyfriend while we were in Mexico one year and I saw how HE eats!

His nickname is

TF Azucare (TF=trans fats Azucare as you may already know is the spanish word for sugar)
fawn is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 12:51 PM   #164
Way too much time on my hands!
 
lisabinil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 18,017
Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeslim4life View Post
Are you referring to Coconut Oil when you say "Milk" or is this a different product?
There is co, coconut milk and coconut cream (make sure you don't get the sugared one)-all different coconut products.
lisabinil is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 12:52 PM   #165
Way too much time on my hands!
 
lisabinil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 18,017
Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prozak View Post
The milk out of a coconut

Look for an organic brand like this:

Amazon.com: Coconut Milk, Unsweetened, Organic, 14 oz.: Grocery

There are several types found in most baking sections of stores, but watch for additives. Sometimes they add stuff to keep the cream from separating and you only want the pure, full fat milk

Really good stuff and I am going to switch to that in my coffee and egg creams as well.

I believe the fat can be skimmed off the top and whipped as well!
Buy the unsweetened cans of coconut cream-they can be whipped. I add a can to organic dried coconut for a delicious pudding. I got the recipe from "Eat Fat Lose Fat" by Enig & Fallon.
lisabinil is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 12:54 PM   #166
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,825
Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by fawn View Post
yep Melissa, milk is a completely different product. It's from mature coconuts. Then, there's also coconut water which I buy my nephew instead of gatorade for his football games. He's my little luv health nut. He notices a huge difference.

Tooter, I tried to get her involved in the forums. It's difficult. I am very slow and gentle with her. She is the perfect co-dependent

I nick named her boyfriend while we were in Mexico one year and I saw how HE eats!

His nickname is

TF Azucare (TF=trans fats Azucare as you may already know is the spanish word for sugar)
Then, she'll just have to get sick and tired, of being SICK and TIRED!!
Tooter is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 12:54 PM   #167
Guest
 
wannabeslim4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 6,011
Gallery: wannabeslim4life
Stats: 177/163/120
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeslim4life View Post
Fawn What is the name of the course to are taking to learn all of this information? I have my passion in life thanks to you.
In case it was missed
wannabeslim4life is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 12:56 PM   #168
Guest
 
wannabeslim4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 6,011
Gallery: wannabeslim4life
Stats: 177/163/120
So could you just crack open a coconut and drink the milk for the same benefit? My DD came home from a neighbors house where she was given some coconut milk and she said it gave her a horrible headache. But when I give her the Coconut Oil she does not have any problems.
wannabeslim4life is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 12:57 PM   #169
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,825
Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by gina1 View Post
my daughters have sensory issues. the occupational therapist explained to me that the yeast infection is in the gut very close to a nerve that starts with a v.?? (can't remember the name) this can also cause emotional changes. in my case my daughter gets very angry. they also have many symptoms from previous page. i have changed their diets they are basic low carb, but they do eat fruit and i do not bring junk into the house and i notice a huge difference in my girls. maybe its not sensory,but yeast infections. i just find this interesting.
My Goodness, Gina... I have read about Children with Candida and YES, there are lots of problems it can cause in them. Imagine these little kids walking around with all those toxins in them. Autism, emotional, Sensory problems...etc.

Do a Search on Candida and Children and a lot will come up on that search.
Tooter is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 12:59 PM   #170
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,135
Gallery: Margot 65
Some cheaper brands of coconut milks have preservatives or added sugar in them, maybe even whatever it is they do to it to keep it from separating... it could have been one or a combo of those.

I do believe when you open a coconut the 'milk' is actually clear.. so this stuff is probably squeezed out of the meat because it is really thik and creamy... not sure, just guessing?
Margot 65 is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 01:05 PM   #171
Way too much time on my hands!
 
lisabinil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 18,017
Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prozak View Post
Some cheaper brands of coconut milks have preservatives or added sugar in them, maybe even whatever it is they do to it to keep it from separating... it could have been one or a combo of those.

I do believe when you open a coconut the 'milk' is actually clear.. so this stuff is probably squeezed out of the meat because it is really thik and creamy... not sure, just guessing?
The juice or water is what comes from the inside of the coconut. The milk is made by squeezing or pressing the meat.
lisabinil is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 01:14 PM   #172
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,825
Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisabinil View Post
The juice or water is what comes from the inside of the coconut. The milk is made by squeezing or pressing the meat.
Yep and to get the water...it depends on how old the coconut is. Young coconuts have a lot more coconut water then older coconuts.
Tooter is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 01:16 PM   #173
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,135
Gallery: Margot 65
Ahhhhhhhhhh, makes sense lisa

I wonder how nice a can of coconut milk would be in the bath....... now THAT would be something to do after swimming in chlorine huh??

I bet it would be great on the hair too...
Margot 65 is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 01:19 PM   #174
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,825
Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Umm...Another Die off sign is Pain in between your shoulder blades. Anyone experience this?

I put 2 and 2 together on this the hard way. After my 4th son was born, I had a "Tubal". They told me I would have pain in between my shoulder blades as the toxins from the gas (they gave me to bloat up my stomach to see things better) were being released in my body. It was a side effect from the operation.

Well... I also get this with some "die off". I've got in in one shoulder right now. I've had it before with "die off" was wondering if anyone else did. Hey, the toxins have to go some where.

Last edited by Tooter; 09-17-2008 at 01:21 PM..
Tooter is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 01:20 PM   #175
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,825
Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
Umm...Another Die off sign is Pain in between your shoulder blades. Anyone experience this?

I put 2 and 2 together on this the hard way. After my 4th son was born, I had a "Tubal". They told me I would have pain in between my shoulder blades as the toxins from the gas (they gave me to bloat up my stomach to see things better) were being released in my body. It was a side effect from the operation.

Well... I also get this with some "die off". I've got in in one shoulder right now. I've had it before with "die off" was wondering if anyone else did. Hey, the toxins have to go some where.
I just wanted to add...I can get this reaction too, if I have eaten off plan. It usually happens hours later.

Last edited by Tooter; 09-17-2008 at 01:21 PM..
Tooter is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 01:23 PM   #176
Senior LCF Member
 
TXUKGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: England
Posts: 433
Gallery: TXUKGal
Stats: (Highest 353) 297/245/175 (maybe 150)
WOE: Atkins OWL
Start Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephster0203 View Post
I got a good smack of reality reading here and realized that I believe I have let my yeast issues get the best of me again. I don't have the diarrhea still, but I have had yeast rashes a few times lately. I have had migraine-type headaches, fatigue, mood swings, my breasts ache (which was happening before) and water retention. I think I may be on to something. I havent used CO for a few months. I guess I just thought I had it under control and slacked off. Now the question is, where do I start again. Definitely will grab some CO tonight on the way home from work. What else do you all suggest?
Oh my gosh! I've been having the same symptoms....I got a rash the other day and couldn't figure out why. Plus, I had a headache the other day that bordered on a migraine as well as some of the other things you mentioned.

In the old days, when I was my heaviest, I had loads of bathroom issues . My doctor thought I had IBS and I was living on imodium. I was really nervous about going out to dinner or out and about because of these issues. I have done some research and I think my tummy issues were due to yeast. Since going on Atkins, I'm like 98% better.

This thread had been so informative.
__________________
Living in England but my will ALWAYS belong to Texas
TXUKGal is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 01:32 PM   #177
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,825
Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Ok, Prozak...My mind is wondering again. I WONDER...if Yeast is the problem with people who Stall with cheese, cream etc?

So, how many of you stall with too much dairy, those who are reading this thread? *raising my hand* I do.
Tooter is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 01:36 PM   #178
Senior LCF Member
 
TXUKGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: England
Posts: 433
Gallery: TXUKGal
Stats: (Highest 353) 297/245/175 (maybe 150)
WOE: Atkins OWL
Start Date: May 2008
A while back i posted about palpitations that I was having on a regular basis. I upped my calcium and magnesium and eat potassium rich foods everyday. The palpitations went away but are now back from time to time.

Tonight we had a do at work and I caved and ate a sandwich (I haven't had bread in months) and granted it was on wheat bread but still. Now, 4 hours later, I'm still having a few palpitations but they were quite regular about 30 mins or less after eating the sandwich.

Could yeast be a culprit with my palpitations? Either in die off or a flare up of yeast?
TXUKGal is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 01:37 PM   #179
Guest
 
wannabeslim4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 6,011
Gallery: wannabeslim4life
Stats: 177/163/120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
Ok, Prozak...My mind is wondering again. I WONDER...if Yeast is the problem with people who Stall with cheese, cream etc?

So, how many of you stall with too much dairy, those who are reading this thread? *raising my hand* I do.
I know it is bringing so many lightbulb moments to me reading this and googling info. Especially about Autism.
wannabeslim4life is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 01:40 PM   #180
Senior LCF Member
 
TXUKGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: England
Posts: 433
Gallery: TXUKGal
Stats: (Highest 353) 297/245/175 (maybe 150)
WOE: Atkins OWL
Start Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
Ok, Prozak...My mind is wondering again. I WONDER...if Yeast is the problem with people who Stall with cheese, cream etc?

So, how many of you stall with too much dairy, those who are reading this thread? *raising my hand* I do.
Hmmmmm, food for thought for sure. I stall if I eat too much, 20-40g is about all I can have before it effects me.
TXUKGal is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:37 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.