LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2009, 06:23 AM   #1711
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Peacesoul
Stats: Coming up on 43yrs old...ekk!
WOE: smart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladysilverpatch View Post
In Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution, he speaks of Candida and I think in reading the book over the years I focused on "weight-loss ideas" more than health. Shame on me!

But, on Candida he says 4 major contributors:
1. diet/high sugar and refined carbs
2. antibiotics
3. MERCURY in silver dental fillings
4. Birth control pills, steroids

Now, what I'm thinking about is my mouth full of silver fillings that I've had for years and years!!

I'm highly allergic to mercury as it is. If I eat fish that has much mercury at all, I get very ill.

I'm going to have to do something about it. If a filling came out and I swallowed it, it would probably kill me.

As it is, I'm probably toxic with mercury from my fillings.

Anyone else considering this?

Mona
removing the filling is a great idea, but make sure you get a consult and get them removed from a holistic dentist or a dentist that is aware of how to remove these fillings safely.
Also, it's extremely important to chelate before removing any of these fillings.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2009, 09:13 AM   #1712
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Monkee
Stats: Total Loss: -142 lbs
WOE: The Monkee Way :)
Start Date: Summer 08
I suspect that I might have yeast/candida again and want to start eliminating foods. Can someone advice me on what I should cut out and what I can continue to have?

Is heavy cream a big no-no?

How about things like cottage cheese?

Is there any type of cheese that I COULD have?

I buy raw almonds in a 3lb bag from Costco, should I eliminate those, too? Or are they OK?
Old 06-06-2009, 10:08 AM   #1713
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BikerAng
Stats: 195/167/155 5'9"
WOE: Atkins - organic & humanely raised
Start Date: Feb 2007
This site is amazing, very detailed. How to Successfully Overcome Candida
Old 06-06-2009, 11:59 PM   #1714
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dooditsglory
Stats: 211preg 185 post/174/145
WOE: Primal lc
Start Date: August 13,2013
can anyone tell me if they find a big difference between feeling a die off and just having candida.It seems the same symptoms are for both.I think im having a die off because i just got back onto the Atkins wagon on Induction.
thanks
Old 06-07-2009, 02:31 AM   #1715
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerAng View Post
This site is amazing, very detailed. How to Successfully Overcome Candida
Thank you for the link. I had that website bookmarked before, but couldn't find it in my messy favorites.

I have to say, the AVOID list is pretty extensive! Pretty much I can't have anything. Just meats, some veggies, and fat!

Did anyone cut out ALL the foods? Or do you only cut out some? How strict should I be?
Old 06-07-2009, 07:21 AM   #1716
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JoSkids
Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseMonkee View Post
Thank you for the link. I had that website bookmarked before, but couldn't find it in my messy favorites.

I have to say, the AVOID list is pretty extensive! Pretty much I can't have anything. Just meats, some veggies, and fat!

Did anyone cut out ALL the foods? Or do you only cut out some? How strict should I be?
[COLOR="Indigo"]I only cut out a few (not that my food list is all that large to begin with)because when I LC, I develop hives when I eat certain foods. Fortunately, a couple hives will appear when I eat something I shouldn't so I can stop before I get a full fledge case of hives. I found that processed meats like salami, pepperoni, sausage cause flare ups. Luckily I don't particularly care for these things. I think I have also had problems with these items, but not all the time - pickles & black tea. I just eliminate as I go, but then again I don't have severe symptoms.[/COLOR]

If hunger is not the problem, food is not the answer!

Be Prepared - It's not just a Boy Scout motto anymore!

If anyone doesn't think their plan is the best; they should probably be looking for a new plan. - Jezzie
Old 06-07-2009, 07:37 AM   #1717
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armystolehim04 View Post
can anyone tell me if they find a big difference between feeling a die off and just having candida.It seems the same symptoms are for both.I think im having a die off because i just got back onto the Atkins wagon on Induction.
thanks
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]This is what I have always wondered, but never quite knew how to phrase it so succintly (sp?). For me, I don't have symptoms (that I can tell - when I am not LCing) but when I LC I will get hives from certain foods (die-off?)[/COLOR]
Old 06-07-2009, 10:59 AM   #1718
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoSkids View Post
[COLOR="Indigo"]I only cut out a few (not that my food list is all that large to begin with)because when I LC, I develop hives when I eat certain foods. Fortunately, a couple hives will appear when I eat something I shouldn't so I can stop before I get a full fledge case of hives. I found that processed meats like salami, pepperoni, sausage cause flare ups. Luckily I don't particularly care for these things. I think I have also had problems with these items, but not all the time - pickles & black tea. I just eliminate as I go, but then again I don't have severe symptoms.[/COLOR]

I am noticing that cheese makes me itchy, so I am definitely cutting that out.

I might still allow myself a tablespoon of mayo and mustard every other day or so. I don't think that will cause too many problems. How much vinegar can be in a Tablespoon of mayo/mustard?

Are any of you drinking ALMOND MILK?
How about eating nuts?
Old 06-07-2009, 12:22 PM   #1719
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I am noticing that cheese makes me itchy, so I am definitely cutting that out.

I might still allow myself a tablespoon of mayo and mustard every other day or so. I don't think that will cause too many problems. How much vinegar can be in a Tablespoon of mayo/mustard?

Are any of you drinking ALMOND MILK?
How about eating nuts?
[COLOR="Magenta"]And remember the vinegar you are eliminating is plain old vinegar - you could still use organic apple cider vinegar like Braggs (with mother) - which is very good for candida.

I think that if you are treating candida and you don't go overboard on condiments, your system should be able to handle the little amount of vinegar that is in mayo or mustard.

You have to be careful with nuts cause some have mold on them - and yes, I know that peanuts aren't actually nuts, but you shouldn't be eating those and I think cashews also have mold on them so those should be avoided (I think cashews aren't actually nuts either ) Raw almonds, I believe are fine.[/COLOR]
Old 06-07-2009, 01:29 PM   #1720
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoSkids View Post
[COLOR="Magenta"]And remember the vinegar you are eliminating is plain old vinegar - you could still use organic apple cider vinegar like Braggs (with mother) - which is very good for candida.

I think that if you are treating candida and you don't go overboard on condiments, your system should be able to handle the little amount of vinegar that is in mayo or mustard.

You have to be careful with nuts cause some have mold on them - and yes, I know that peanuts aren't actually nuts, but you shouldn't be eating those and I think cashews also have mold on them so those should be avoided (I think cashews aren't actually nuts either ) Raw almonds, I believe are fine.[/COLOR]

I am going to try and make some mayo w/braggs. I hope it doesn't taste

I only eat walnuts and raw almonds.
I am OK giving up the walnuts, but love my almonds.

I was reading online that even raw is not good, though. They were recommending that only almonds in a shell be consumed. I guess I would have to crack them open every time? That might be a lot of work!
Old 06-08-2009, 07:04 AM   #1721
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dooditsglory
Stats: 211preg 185 post/174/145
WOE: Primal lc
Start Date: August 13,2013
I just got red bumps on my shoulders,yesterday.It seems a lot of people get this in a die off.I have to admit im feeling much better.I could hardly get out of bed at one point!
Old 06-13-2009, 08:17 AM   #1722
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: redhot4465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladysilverpatch View Post
In Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution, he speaks of Candida and I think in reading the book over the years I focused on "weight-loss ideas" more than health. Shame on me!

But, on Candida he says 4 major contributors:
1. diet/high sugar and refined carbs
2. antibiotics
3. MERCURY in silver dental fillings
4. Birth control pills, steroids

Now, what I'm thinking about is my mouth full of silver fillings that I've had for years and years!!

I'm highly allergic to mercury as it is. If I eat fish that has much mercury at all, I get very ill.

I'm going to have to do something about it. If a filling came out and I swallowed it, it would probably kill me.

As it is, I'm probably toxic with mercury from my fillings.

Anyone else considering this?

Mona

Hi Mona,

I am new to LCF and have been following this thread for weeks now. I believe I have mercury poisoning from my amalgams. I was a healthy 44 yr old, but April 1 had braces removed. One of my almalgams is on the side of the tooth where my ortho had a bracket attached. After sanding it down to remove the adhesive the amalgam is now very small. Less than a week later, I woke up to find my mouth covered in thrush and have been having prescriptions from my doc to no avail.
I now have many multiple problems-dry mouth, geographic tonge, they believe sjogren's from having very little saliva now. All this is contributing to candida out of control AND I had a very strong metallic taste in my mouth for about a month that was beyond anything I've ever experienced!
My doctor thinks this has nothing to do with my problem tongue and doesn't believe in systemic candidas, nor does my ENT, husband or kids.
I am now on a mission to have the amalgams removed immediately. I have researched chelating for days and there is broad disagreement about chelating before removal.
I am following the anti candida diet as best I can but getting no relief from any symptoms, also CO, ACV, and all the other stuff you guys suggest. I do know the die off was bad, but I'm way over that.
My most worrisome problem now is I'm sooo depressed because no one in my life believes me and they all think I've lost my mind. I need to find a good naturopath to help me but I just don't know who to go to.
I feel like my ortho has ruined my life and I just want to feel normal again.
Sorry to dump so much but I just feel so alone.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:33 AM   #1723
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bhambabe
Stats: R4P3 91 pounds released
WOE: Dr. Simeon's Protocol HHCG
Start Date: Started 7/21/09
Hi, I have had mercury issue too but with all my caps in my mouth with silver fillings part of the prep it would cause me a fortune to redue my mouth

More good information I used this plan before he is very good .

Wild Rose College and Wholistic Clinic

Janeann
Old 06-14-2009, 09:20 AM   #1724
Junior LCF Member

Hi Janeann,
Thanks for responding...I am already following the candida diet tooter recommended for almost 8 weeks now, although I have messed up several times. I do feel much better as far as energy, I just know the yeast binds to the mercury and it will not go away until I get rid of the mercury.
Rebecca
Old 06-15-2009, 02:00 AM   #1725
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: girl81
Stats: past/100/healthy
WOE: unprocessed
I have read that removing the fillings can cause more toxicity than keeping them. I'm sure the people here can elaborate on that.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:48 AM   #1726
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl81 View Post
I have read that removing the fillings can cause more toxicity than keeping them. I'm sure the people here can elaborate on that.
There is much debate about this I know. I will be more toxic for a while, but I have researched this for weeks and find that after removal you must be mercury detoxed under a doctor's care. Does anyone here have a similar experience with removal to share? Nowhere have I found the advice to leave in toxic amalgams that continue to leach into the body especially since I have now many health problems related to the mercury.
Thanks everyone for sharing all your info.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:48 AM   #1727
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ladysilverpatch
Stats: 249/206/168
WOE: whole foods/lc/fast-5
Start Date: Jan 2001
hi RedHot,

I am looking into Cellular Zeolite to remove the mercury. There seems to be good results with it. Then I'm going to do something about the fillings.

I believe my candida is worse due to the mercury.

Mona
Old 06-16-2009, 11:41 AM   #1728
Junior LCF Member

Hi Mona,

I just got back from a mercury free dentist well trained in mercury removal. I am having all my nine fillings removed in two visits starting July 13, I believe. He also wants me to chelate with a doctor he works in conjunction with. He is the first medical professional who has not looked at me like I am crazy! It feels so good to finally be heard.
It's pretty expensive, but I cannot imagine living without some kind of relief from what I am sure is mercury poisoning to my system.
Let me know what you decide to do with yours!
Rebecca
Old 06-17-2009, 12:06 AM   #1729
Major LCF Poster!

Will you be chelating with cilantro and chlorella?
Old 06-18-2009, 09:41 AM   #1730
Junior LCF Member

I haven't met with my new MD (he is a holistic doc who specializes in mineral detox) yet, but I have Andrew Hall Cutler's book on amalgam illness (this is the best manual out there) and detoxing and will discuss that with my doc. However, I am probably going to do DMSA which is much safer than IV detox and will be monitered by an M.D. to make sure my kidney function is not impaired. The more you research this the more you find you really need to detox under a doctor's care.
I'll let you know how this goes!
Old 06-27-2009, 11:43 PM   #1731
Blabbermouth!!!

I have a hard time getting in my CO and ACV, but today I found a new way to have both.

For the coconut oil....
Full-fat unsweetened coconut milk, water, coconut oil, ground cinnamon and AS..........I made this into a warm drink. Yum. Although I added water, it still thickened up a bit. It was really good. Felt like a treat.

For the ACV....
ACV, lemon juice, sliced skinless english cucumber, paprika, sea salt, oregano, black pepper, garlic powder and red pepper flakes......I add all the ingredients into a big jar and then refrigerated for pickled cucumbers.

"The man who can drive himself further once the effort
gets painful is the man who will win." - R.Bannister

Last edited by Monkee; 06-27-2009 at 11:45 PM..
Old 06-29-2009, 03:12 PM   #1732
Blabbermouth!!!

Is anyone using oil of oregano?
I've had the bottle for a while now, but never used it. Well, I tried it last night and It burns! And the taste is so strong and . I accidently got some on my lip and it was stinging.

How about Pau d'Arco tea? Is anyone drinking this and if so, did it help? I bought two boxes but haven't used it since I noticed that a lot of websites give warning on possible bleeding.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:19 PM   #1733
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Is anyone using oil of oregano?
I've had the bottle for a while now, but never used it. Well, I tried it last night and It burns! And the taste is so strong and . I accidently got some on my lip and it was stinging.

How about Pau d'Arco tea? Is anyone drinking this and if so, did it help? I bought two boxes but haven't used it since I noticed that a lot of websites give warning on possible bleeding.
I have only used oil of oregano capsules. I am too chicken to use the liquid. The capsules are bad enough. You get the faint taste of oregano when you use them. I alternate them with garlic and grapefruit seed extract. When I run out of one supplement, I use the next. I get slight die off symptoms within a couple of days of starting each so I guess it is good to mix it up a bit.

I don't use Pau d'Arco.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:13 PM   #1734
Blabbermouth!!!

I dont have grapefruit extract. I'll order some. I knew I was forgetting something.

I am having tummy issues. I feel rumbling which is never a good sign. I also feel nauseated. Overall, I feel a bit off today. Ack.

Die off?
Old 07-02-2009, 02:16 PM   #1735
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ella5
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisabinil View Post
Here's a list of yeast related symptoms:

incapacitating fatigue
concentration/focus problems
short term memory
painful joints
muscle aches
extreme tightness in the neck and shoulders
acid reflux
brown colored mucus in the back of the throat
white or blood blisters in the mouth/tongue/throat
unrefreshing sleep
sore throat
white coated tongue
aversion to be touched - "crawling" skin
chronic sinusitis
frequent urination
diarrhea
chronic constipation
headaches including migraines
visual blurring
sensitivity to light
eye pain
depression
irritability
anxiety
panic attacks
personality changes
mood swings
chills
night sweats
canker sores
shortness of breath
hypertension/high blood pressure
dizziness and balance problems
sensitivity to heat/cold
alcohol intolerance
gluten intolerance
irregular heartbeat
irritable bowel
constipation and/or diarrhea
painful gas/abdominal bloating
low grade fever or low body temperature
numbness/tingling in the face or extremities
dryness of mouth and eyes
difficulty swallowing
projectile vomiting
menstrual problems (PMS/endometriosis)
recurrent yeast infections
recurrent ear infections
skin rashes
dry/flaking skin
eczema
dermatitis
acne
skin discoloration/blotchiness
dandruff
jock and rectal itching
chronic athlete's foot
chronic toenail and fingernail fungus
ringing in the ears (tinnitus)
allergies
sensitivity to noise/sounds
sensitivity to foods
sensitivity to chemicals
sensitivity to odors
anemia
weight changes without changes in diet
lightheadedness
feeling in a fog
fainting
muscle twitching
muscle weakness
jerky-leg syndrome
low sex drive
Many of these symptoms (found in this thread on page one) are also related to multiple chemical sensitivity and are reactions to various fragrance products.
Ella5
Old 07-07-2009, 10:52 PM   #1736
Major LCF Poster!

How much fresh garlic daily would be needed to show antifungal effects?
Old 07-08-2009, 12:20 PM   #1737
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: why soitenly
Stats: 245/169.2/150
WOE: VLC
Start Date: 03/08
First of all, thank you for all the information posted on this board! I have been vlc since April 08 and started the evco (1 tbsp), acv (2 tbsp) and 2 Pau d'Arco pills last week. I have yeast problems (failed spit test, have a yeast rash under breasts that comes and goes with 'carby' food, white tongue), but I do not have any die off symptoms . (no rashed, itchyness, headaches, nothing...)Does this mean the yeast is not dieing ?

Last edited by why soitenly; 07-08-2009 at 12:24 PM..
Old 07-09-2009, 10:26 AM   #1738
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Aunt Sheshie
WOE: CLA/GLA
Howdy from west Texas!.. I'm so glad to find this thread!.. I started reading posts last night & continued this morning & have made it through page 8... just 50 more to go!.. so much great info & I appreciate all of it... I've been convinced I have a systemic yeast infection for several years... the only thing I'd ever taken for it was olive leaf extract... just recently found out coconut oil might help, so I've been downing a couple of tablespoons of the wonderful stuff daily... this morning I did the spit test & failed miserably... tentacles galore!!!.. it was pretty disgusting, but I'm glad to have a confirmation of my suspicions...

I've used olive leaf nasal spray for my chronic sinusitis & it helps when I remember to use it... for those under-the-breast rashes I get in summertime, I smear on tea tree oil... it burns like crazy, so I put olive leaf lotion on top & that cools it off... I do that for a couple of days, then discontinue the tea tree oil & just use the olive leaf lotion for a few more days... that usually takes care of it... I also take olive leaf capsules almost every day...

I notice when I use the nasal spray after not using for a while that I feel really yucky for a couple of hours... I assume it's die-off causing that...

Sorry to go on & on so long... I'm looking forward to getting to know y'all & to learning more & more about this nasty stuff & how to get it under control...
Old 07-10-2009, 04:45 AM   #1739
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cheercoach
I'm so glad I found this thread!! I can honestly say I think yeast overgrowth is the cause of many of my issues! I went out and bought the Nutiva CO, but am not exactly sure how to "take it."

Do I just eat it off the spoon?? Mix it in my coffee?? Spread it on my Oopsie? I know I can cook with it, but it doesn't seem like I would be able to work up to 3-4 Tbsp. a day.

Terri
Old 07-10-2009, 03:51 PM   #1740
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IdahoAngel
Start Date: March 2003
Welcome Aunt Sheshie and cheercoach!!

You can use coconut oil in just out any way you like. I put it in my egg creams, make a chocolate pudding with it and avocado, put it in coffee, cook with it.....it's really up to you and your imagination!
I also oil pull with it...use it in place of lotion....use it on my toothbrush (mixed with my toothpaste...Xylowhite)....the list goes on and on. I'm a firm believer in its benifits!
Hope this helps some!
Closed Thread