Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 10:52 AM   #1651
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ChaseMama
Stats: 182/165.4/145
WOE: This week.... who knows?
Start Date: 2/2/2009
Wow. Just found this site after posting about Candida. It will take me months to read through it. I'm on page 3 and already have found a ton of information!

I'm guess that the "Induction Flu" might be better named the Candida die-off!

I took the spit test today and HOLY STRINGY WEBS BATMAN! Yuck!

I have had on and off yeast infections for years, fatigue, depression, white coating on my tongue, headaches, and oh yah... complete inability to lose weight!

I had some coconut oil but I need to get some new. I love it in my coffee - works as lip softener every time I take a sip too! I will also try the ACV.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2009, 07:53 AM   #1652
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: girl81
Stats: past/100/healthy
WOE: unprocessed
Anyone take a potent digestive enzyme with high levels of cellulase and protease to destroy the candida?
Old 05-02-2009, 04:39 PM   #1653
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: granny on the go
I can't believe I found this site!

I've been in this fight probably longer than any of you, but I've gotten to where I just give in to the cravings and need somebody that knows what this is to talk to. I've spent a fortune on medical care and it all comes back to what I eat. I'm allergic (sensitive) to nearly all foods so eating with other people is a nightmare. They just don't understand. And, to make matters worse, I got something really unique for Christmas.....e coli!!! Now all my heart valves regurgitate instead of just the family aortic regurg. But, you guys are on the right road with what you are doing for therapy. The only 2 things I can add is gluten intolerance and a rotated diet. I have been WELL, just not recently. They tell me it will take me a long time time to get over that e coli.
If I'm going to die it won't be for Twinkies!! lol I like the HARD STUFF! I didn't eat breakfast the day of my sister's funeral and then they served nothing but desserts at the church after the funeral. The real food was at my sis' house and I stayed at my nephew's. That is where they sent all the homemade goodies you can get in a tiny farming community when they loose one of their own. I didn't eat much, but for me it doesn't take much. I went from there to another state to visit my son and I think I got the e coli in the really nice restaurant he took me to. The docs said I got it when I had diarrhea and that is when it was. It took me 6 wks to end up in the hospital, dehydrated, temp 103, diabetic, liver enzymes sky high, etc. I took iv antibiotics for 4 days but was never all that ill. I was taking 600 billion probiotics a day, though. LOL I can only go up from here!!
Old 05-02-2009, 09:18 PM   #1654
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Peacesoul
Stats: Coming up on 43yrs old...ekk!
WOE: smart
600 billion units a day of Probioics is not safe. I would suggest you cut that to 40 billion a day
Old 05-02-2009, 09:28 PM   #1655
Junior LCF Member

It will take me a week to read all of the great info

The best book on allergies is "An Alternative Approach To Allergies". Keep in mind that if you take your pulse and then eat something,and take your pulse again you may be able to tell the allergy as your pulse will speed up.

I read a thread earlier that says they just want to be healthy no matter what they weigh. That's me, too. The least I have ever weighed in my adult life was 98 lbs. At 5' 8" I looked like I had escaped from a concentration camp! But, 104 was about as big as I got until I was tested for allergies and started feeling better. I'm 10-15 lbs over max now and that doesn't sound all that bad uless you know that I have lymph edema in one leg and it's all fluid buildup from the candida/allergies/adrenal exhaustion, etc.

I take enzymes if I eat, wheat, sugar, milk, cabbage veggies, sweet potato, or beans. I have to stick to the vegetarian enzymes as they usually put pork, or beef products in other enzymes. They are especially nice if there is an "ill wind blowing". LOL I've been really pleased w/th enzymes I have now. They are by a company I've never heard of called Rainbow Light, the product is Advanced Enzyme System.

Before being tested for allergies I could cut a 25 mg tablet of vit c in half and it still made me feel bad and not sleep for 3 days! The allergist explained that most vit c is made from corn, a common allergen. The people at the health food store had me get started on Twin Labs vit c as it is made from another source. I also take their Allergy Multi, it is wheat, yeast, corn, soy, fish, etc free, all of which I am allergic to.

I knew I was different from other people, I just wish it wasn't leaky gut/candida, or whatever. But, I did get myself in check back around 1990 or so and ate low carb, rotated diet, gluten free, sugar free, etc. for 6 whole mos. I remember going to a wedding reception after that length of tome where I had coffee and cake and nothing happened....Nothing!!! No plapatations, no indigestion, no gas, no heart jumping out of my chest, no breathlessness, no hyperactivity, nothing. I realized that was what NORMAL feels like, I could cry to think that I let myself slip back to where I take meds for insominia, high blood pressure, heart, restless legs syndrome, allergies, bad asthma, etc. I have a daughter that I'm trying to help. She is having ibs, asthma, and is seeing a pain management doc. I am also trying to help a friend that her ibs is so bad that it is ruining her life.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:28 AM   #1656
Senior LCF Member

I'm trying to read through here to find out how much Apple Cider Vinegar you all use. Right now I am putting 1TBSP in my greet tea and drinking in that way. Is that enough? The taste is hard for me to get used to - not a big vinegar fan!
Old 05-04-2009, 11:30 AM   #1657
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JoSkids
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseMama View Post
I'm trying to read through here to find out how much Apple Cider Vinegar you all use. Right now I am putting 1TBSP in my greet tea and drinking in that way. Is that enough? The taste is hard for me to get used to - not a big vinegar fan!
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]I usually take a 1T shot in the morning and one at night.

Over the weekend, I snuck in an extra Tablespoon during the day cause I am fighting off a sore throat.
[/COLOR]
Old 05-04-2009, 11:37 AM   #1658
Senior LCF Member

Thanks! I'll try to get another TBSP in daily.

You really just do a shot of it? Ugh, I think I would chunder.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:51 AM   #1659
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseMama View Post
Thanks! I'll try to get another TBSP in daily.

You really just do a shot of it? Ugh, I think I would chunder.
[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Sometimes it goes down fine and sometimes it doesn't I would rather get something distateful done quickly - 1 quick shot rather than diluted slowly over time (like in a cup of water) I don't find that much more pleasant.

I generally like vinegar so it's not too hard, but there are days when it just makes me shiver. I found that if I have eaten or drunk something beforehand, it goes down a bit easier. So usually I take all my supplements with water and then do my vinegar and somehow it cuts it a bit and it goes down a bit easier with not such much a bite.

I was also surprised that it didn't bother my sore throat as much as I expected it would. And the little sting that I did feel, I felt, was it's way of telling me that it was helping the sore throat to make itself scares sooner than later.
[/COLOR]

If hunger is not the problem, food is not the answer!

Be Prepared - It's not just a Boy Scout motto anymore!

If anyone doesn't think their plan is the best; they should probably be looking for a new plan. - Jezzie
Old 05-04-2009, 05:44 PM   #1660
Junior LCF Member

I got the dosage wrong on the probiotics

I was using a probiotic called Renew Life at the time. I had the 50 billion capsules and I took 6 of them a day. Online had them for sale for half of what I have to pay locally. They went up on their probiotics I was taking so now I buy them locally. I got mixed up with another product Renew Life has that is a powder in a pouch and contains 200 billion. I took that for a while but it is cost probihitive for me. (Good stuff, though.) I'm presently taking Primadophilis Optima, 2 morning and 2 in the evening. I can get by with less probiotics if I eat low carb but will get indigestion and gas if I eat too many carbs. Lately I've been on a milk kick! I love milk products but I've had a real problem w/milk since I was 3 days old.

I tried the coconut milk in some coffee and I loved the taste. But, it gave me indigestion, ugh! Milk does the same thing, though.

I love baking w/coconut oil. Maybe too much? I don't have a problem w/rye or barley so I was making some barley bread, like pancakes. Used up all my oil, lol, it sure was good. I had some buttermilk left over from Easter, made an Italian Cream Cake for my daughter. She had been asking for it since Thanksgiving. I also made 2 pies, all from scratch, of course. But, I tasted both of the pies and had a small piece of cake and left it all at my daughter's house. Ha, it still hurts!
Old 05-07-2009, 08:08 PM   #1661
Junior LCF Member

I've just been reading thru some of the old postings and found that most (probably all if it wasn't so uncomfortable talking about "personal" issues") have been plauged by candida vaginitis. There, I said it.... Anyhow, the best thing I've ever used for that problem was POWDERED Nystatin that Dr. Orian Truss had me to put in a tiny capsule for insertion every night. I had to mail order the powdered Nystatin from a pharmacy in Birmingham, it's a prescription. Later I found a pharmacy in Houston where I could get it. That was only about 60 miles from where I lived.

Dr. Truss was the original discoverer of the yeast connection back in the 50s. I had seen the best allergist in the Houston area his rotary diet isn't for the faint hearted. It WILL cure food cravings if followed closely. I had gained up to 118 lbs but there was still something going on. Another of my allergists patients that I had traded phone numbers with called me and said she had seen Dr Truss in Birmingham and was much improved. I had to save my money a long time to go there. lol I shouldn't try to type or think when I get tired...I just had to erase 2 whole sentences that didn't make sense even to me. Had a massage today. It sure made me feel better until I got too tireede.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:27 PM   #1662
Major LCF Poster!

I read that when dealing with candida, digestive enzyme supps should be alternated with probiotics rather than taken together; two weeks enzymes, then two weeks probiotics.
Does anyone have any info/opinions on this?
I ask because I recently added candida specific enzymes (candidase) and have been miserably bloated, lethargic, and constipated on them. Maybe I should stop my probiotic when I add them back.

Last edited by girl81; 05-08-2009 at 11:30 PM..
Old 05-09-2009, 03:11 AM   #1663
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl81 View Post
I read that when dealing with candida, digestive enzyme supps should be alternated with probiotics rather than taken together; two weeks enzymes, then two weeks probiotics.
I ask because I recently added candida specific enzymes (candidase) and have been miserably bloated, lethargic, and constipated on them. Maybe I should stop my probiotic when I add them back.
If I do add the Candidase back in, I am considering doing so with ViraStop to help with the die off.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:20 AM   #1664
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Su11
Stats: Total loss- 65 (since Sept 05)
WOE: General lower carb- fructose limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by granny on the go View Post
I've just been reading thru some of the old postings and found that most (probably all if it wasn't so uncomfortable talking about "personal" issues") have been plauged by candida vaginitis. There, I said it.... Anyhow, the best thing I've ever used for that problem was POWDERED Nystatin that Dr. Orian Truss had me to put in a tiny capsule for insertion every night. I had to mail order the powdered Nystatin from a pharmacy in Birmingham, it's a prescription. Later I found a pharmacy in Houston where I could get it. That was only about 60 miles from where I lived.

Dr. Truss was the original discoverer of the yeast connection back in the 50s. I had seen the best allergist in the Houston area his rotary diet isn't for the faint hearted. It WILL cure food cravings if followed closely. I had gained up to 118 lbs but there was still something going on. Another of my allergists patients that I had traded phone numbers with called me and said she had seen Dr Truss in Birmingham and was much improved. I had to save my money a long time to go there. lol I shouldn't try to type or think when I get tired...I just had to erase 2 whole sentences that didn't make sense even to me. Had a massage today. It sure made me feel better until I got too tireede.
I worked with a doctor In Birmingham who had me do some of this. He was helping Dr Truss with some research, or he was doing some related work, I'm not sure right now which. It was VERY effective. However, I haven't been to a doctor who had the nystatin knowledge in a long time. I got the nystatin from a compounding pharmacist near UAB.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:13 PM   #1665
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Quote:
I'm also a big believer that any suppliment should be taken in cycles.
I take probitoics one week on, two weeks off. Or I'll take more when my stomach feels off.

Again, I think all suppliments and vitamins should be cycled
Old 05-09-2009, 08:22 PM   #1666
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacesoul View Post
I'm also a big believer that any suppliment should be taken in cycles.
I take probitoics one week on, two weeks off. Or I'll take more when my stomach feels off.

Again, I think all suppliments and vitamins should be cycled
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]That's very interesting peacesoul... Can you tell us how you cycle your other supplements. Right now all I am cycling is oil of oregano w/grapefruit seed extract. I was thinking switching when bottle is empty (the easy way out), but sounds like it should be more often than that...

I take a
probiotic
CO
ACV
biotin
vitamin c (that I mega dosed while sick, but will be backing off a bit now that I am better)
vitamin D3
fish oil tablet
magnesium
colloidal silver
grapefruit seed extract/oil of oregano
[/COLOR]
Old 05-10-2009, 04:40 PM   #1667
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

I'm not on a whole lot of sups or vitamins anymore. But when I was on pharma meds for lupus and lyme, I would cycle the meds and the sups/vitamins.

For the sups/vit's, I would always do one week on, two weekd off. Or two weeks on, then two weeks off.
I feel that taking too many sups/vitamins causes the body's natural balance to get confused.
Unless one is really ill, I don't see a need to take sups/vitamins daily. Unless of course it's the water soluables like vit c, b's etc.
As for herbs, I think cycling is really important.
Taking oil of oregano and GS are EXCELLENT, but they are immune boosters and when you take them daily, you're body become reliant.
It's all about balance. Mother Nature works best with balance
I'll take AVC when I feel I'm having stomach issues only and again, do it one week on, two weeks off.

It's just a format I discovered that worked well for me.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:05 AM   #1668
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LinCO
Stats: 168/154.6/152--5'9"
WOE: Back to SB!!
Start Date: Aug 2014
Hi all, it's DH who's on the candida thing. Thought I'd share our recent experience, tho: he's been following the candida diet and taking some candida killers + probiotics for several months. He went off 'em in his usual pique-"I hate taking pills"-got sick 3x in 3 wks plus the main thing was his stinkin' personality! OMG, I was ready to divorce him, except having the kids means I'm stuck with him. I finally snapped that I needed to force the pills back on him, and it was like a 12 hour turnaround. I had whiplash, his personality improved so fast. He's my sweet honey again! I think he's taking Yeast Cleanse by SolRay right now, plus a probiotic.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:33 PM   #1669
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kathy_de_Alabama
Stats: 242/205/155
WOE: ZERO CARB
Quote:
Originally Posted by granny on the go View Post

I've known Dr. Truss since I was 6 years old. I am crazy about him.

I didn't understand from your post -- are you seeing him as a patient?
Old 05-19-2009, 04:44 PM   #1670
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ladysilverpatch
Stats: 249/206/168
WOE: whole foods/lc/fast-5
Start Date: Jan 2001
I'm trying to catch up on all the wonderful info here; it is taking time. Late December I caught the flu or something like it from one of my grandsons. I was so sick. My daughter brought me a RX of antibiotics and I took them until gone, maybe 10 days?
Well, since then I have been fighting what I have come to believe is intestinal Candida. I have IBS, fibromyalgia and I think all my good bacteria have been depleted and the antibiotic cleared the way for the Candida to flourish. I'm just guessing, but it seems likely.
I guess I have had some yeast/candida problems over time, but nothing like this.
It's like my intestines are uneasy, gassy and terrible itching at the backside, if you know what I mean. My bottom area is irritated. This is so uncomfortable...even to talk about it.

But, I'm getting back to strict LC, no mushrooms, cheese.

There seems to be more than one opinion on what to eat and what to leave off, but all seem to agree LC all the way.

What can I use for the intense itching? I've tried everything and it helps but not completely.

Thanks.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:37 PM   #1671
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladysilverpatch View Post

What can I use for the intense itching? I've tried everything and it helps but not completely.

Thanks.
I wonder if CO would help.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:01 AM   #1672

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
I know this sounds crazy, but when my babies had yeast rashes on their diaper area we were told to treat with a lotrimin cream (it is an antifungal and found in the foot care section of the pharmacy). The diaper rashes are actually yeast rashes! They thrive in dark, warm areas, so it made sense! It works/worked like a charm in no time. Better than those diaper creams we were using. Anyway, that is what I would use for intense itching.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:39 AM   #1673
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Linny
Stats: Lost 50 lbs
WOE: Organic & Natural Whole Food version of Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladysilverpatch View Post

Thanks.

Quote:
I wonder if CO would help.
I used CO on my very itchy leg (that I think is either from my lyme disease or yeast) and it helped immensely. I also use alternately, a very high grade of Tea Tree Oil for stubborn itches. TTO can be very harsh so be careful of how much you use and make sure it is the highest grade possible.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:18 PM   #1674

I also wanted to point out re: the rashes and itching....my pediatrician also recommended the lotritimin for my daughter's vaginal itching. She is 8 years old. She said to use the lotrimin (in the foot care aisle of the pharmacy, store brand has worked just as well as the expensive name brand stuff) and on top of that to use A&D ointment. We have used that combination any time she has irritation in that area and she has responded well to that treatment. Hope it works for you!!
Old 05-20-2009, 02:15 PM   #1675
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sexymama2b
Stats: 170/170/150
WOE: LC
Start Date: 5/18/09
I have not read thru all the post but I have a question. I have very severe Eczema and I have changed nothing in my diet except eating Red Mango, which is a frozen yogurt place by me, that there yogurt has live probotics. It is the only thing that I have change and my skin did get better. I would imagine that I have some sort of bacteria that by eating the yogurt it is helping my eczema which some say is caused by leaky gut syndrome also another type of bacteria in the stomach/intestines. Anyone here have severe eczema or psoriasis? Does a candida diet help you?
Old 05-20-2009, 03:07 PM   #1676
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexymama2b View Post
I have not read thru all the post but I have a question. I have very severe Eczema and I have changed nothing in my diet except eating Red Mango, which is a frozen yogurt place by me, that there yogurt has live probotics. It is the only thing that I have change and my skin did get better. I would imagine that I have some sort of bacteria that by eating the yogurt it is helping my eczema which some say is caused by leaky gut syndrome also another type of bacteria in the stomach/intestines. Anyone here have severe eczema or psoriasis? Does a candida diet help you?
YES, the diet will help FOR SURE, but frozen yogurt is full of sugar and the level(amount) of live probiotic is not enough.
You need to take live active probiotics and skip the yogurt all together.

Read this thread (it's awesome) and scan the web for the tons of great info about skin conditions and candida.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:46 PM   #1677
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ladysilverpatch
Stats: 249/206/168
WOE: whole foods/lc/fast-5
Start Date: Jan 2001
Thanks, Dawn (my SC neighbor?)
Also for all the other info.

Mona
Old 05-20-2009, 05:41 PM   #1678

Mona,

Yes, that is me who is in Irmo--a suburb of Columbia. Where are you?
Old 05-21-2009, 07:22 AM   #1679
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sexymama2b
Stats: 170/170/150
WOE: LC
Start Date: 5/18/09
Thanks peacesoul=)
Old 05-21-2009, 08:19 PM   #1680
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jonika
Stats: 128/118
WOE: Candida diet, Alkaline diet, Atkins
Start Date: 8/13/2013
Hello all
I am a candida sufferer as well. I've been suffering from recurrent yeast infections.
Does any of you take GSE (grapefruit seed extract)? I've been taking it for only 4 days and this afternoon, I found out my yeast inf. is returning! What can it be? A die-off? Or should I stop taking GSE? I am on the yeast-free diet (I do drink coffee once a day), I am taking anti-candida herbs daily, vit. c., cranberry extract, probiotics.

Please, help!
Closed Thread