Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2009, 09:05 PM   #1621
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Small_1
WOE: VLC
Start Date: Feb 2009
Thanks Dawn.

I believe Henderson is out west. I live near the coast, in Eastern North Carolina. But I will check my map and get back with you.

BTW, my sister in-law is my doctor. LOL I love her to pieces, both as a sister and doctor.

Peace, Paula

Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2009, 09:35 PM   #1622
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Frangul
Small pink spots, which scale lightly when scratched, are mold per my Chinese acupuncturist. When he gave me pills for it, they went away!! I had been to many dermatologists who gave me cortisone cream which also made the spots go away but they returned. We had mold in our home 7 years ago and it took till now to get rid of the physical problems but the acupuncturist did not know that we had lived with mold. When I also had an issue with sharp stomach pains after eating pizza with a glass or 2 of red wine, my western doctors were of no use. I told the acupuncturist and instantly he said "too much yeast". The pills, 200 count and taken 3 times a day, 8 at a time (little round beebee pellet looking pills) till gone. That cured me for 1 1/2 years and I just did a repeat and am pain free once again. It also took away my lactose intolerance which appeared during our mold adventure. As an aside the dirt in house plants have mold and I found that when I removed all the plants from indoors, trying to find what was causing my many, reason unknown at the time, mold related physical problems, the pain in my elbows went away - never to return. Arthritis had been ruled out but the pain remained until the plants were removed. Molds/yeasts go hand in hand and I can tell you that western doctors do not have a clue on what it does to you physically. It is like being an astronaut, going into places unknown but no one is studying it and documenting what is happening. It is easier to tell us the body is a remarkable machine, blah, blah, blah. Never have I lived through such a nightmare trying to find what was wrong with me but I did go from one doctor to another to another until I was able to find someone that thought outside the box in each specialty. The pills for the stomach pain due to yeast are huo xiang zheng qi wan. He charges $10 for the bottle of 200 but when I tried to get them from a health food store and acupuncturist closer to home, the charge would have been $40 so the prices vary, just check for the best one. I believe the pink spots were fixed with liu wei di huang wan but I'm not sure since I only used those one time. If anyone lives in the Houston, Texas area, I can recommend my acupuncturist to you or give his phone number for a possible reference to someone in your city. I went to him for acupuncture which was successful but got a bonus. Good luck to all of you dealing with these issues, just keep looking for answers and don't give up.

Last edited by Frangul; 04-21-2009 at 09:39 PM..
Old 04-21-2009, 09:47 PM   #1623
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Frangul
girl81, it sounds as if you might possibly be living with mold somewhere, home, work, etc. the fatigue, headaches and brain fog definitely fit that bill, I lived it. An allergist helped me find mine by telling me that I probably felt worse at work because there were molds there. The light bulb came on because I felt fine at work and very not good at home and so the search began. You cannot get better until you remove yourself from the mold area, permanently, or it is found and removed. good luck.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:32 AM   #1624
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Peacesoul
Stats: Coming up on 43yrs old...ekk!
WOE: smart
Hi Paula, sorry, I thought you were following some diet. My bad.
It does sound like you have a very good diet.
Have you ever seen an ND (Naturopathic Doctor)? They ususally find out issues MD's can't.
And a pecan tree? I am sooooooooooooo jealous! I LOVE pecans! especiallu when they are on top of pie...haha!
Old 04-22-2009, 05:10 AM   #1625
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Fran, Have you ever seen the show "Know the Cause"? It makes the connection between mold and yeast problems. Very interesting show--I loved to watch it. I cannot get it since we no longer have satelite. When we switched to cable I cannot find it anymore. But his shows are online from what I hear. His website is the same as his show, just dot com it. That is where I have gotten all my candida info.

paula--I am so bad with east and west. Did that before with Caro. Sorry. It sounded like you did not like doctors, so I didn't know that your family member was your doctor. Lucky you. How does she feel about candida--since you mentioned your mom didn't even know about it? I have been with my problems for about 13 years after gaving birth to my first child. No one has ever believed me that my symptoms were real and that something was really going on. It has taken me 13 years to get around to finding a doctor that would treat my symptoms and not a lab result. My new doctor has caught that I have adrenal fatigue and I am thrilled that someone gets it. That is why when I read your story it reminded me of the adrenal fatigue. When you have stress upon stress upon stress and no time to recover from any of that stress your adrenals don't work properly. They wear down so that you cannot recover from anything (and that includes stress and illness) anymore. But I am also aware that I have yeast, blood sugar problems and so much more we have yet to uncover! My journey has only begun.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:13 AM   #1626
Senior LCF Member

Thumbs up for Doug Kauffman! I read an article he wrote on how fungus can mimic diabetes. He was the first to give me hope in fighting this beast. I began using coconut oil immediately after I read that. I have it printed if anyone wants to read it. Or I could try to find the link again. Probably on his site knowthecause (dot) com. I believe that is correct.

-------------

Peacesoul,

I am sorry. How could you know? You were trying to be helpful and you were.

It's just that I was the poster-child for healthy living and eating. I was a tree-hugger, health food preacher!

You see, I make my own soap from actual lard and lye. Seriously!

I even use cloth feminine pads, or so I did when TOM was still a frequent visitor. But he left me in September and I know he won't be back until I gain back my weight.

So...When *I* became "diabetic" no one could believe it I was shocked oh so very shocked.

However, I refuse to believe it is diabetes at all but candida mimicing diabetes. That's what Doug Kauffman believes...although he does say not that is always the case.

--------------

Dawn,

Thanks!

I have never really hear of adrenal fatigue. Great something else to add to my bag of ill health!!! sigh!!! I will look into it though.

I haven't really discussed it with my doc (sil) yet. I want to get some control over the blood sugar first. And it's true, my mother said she had never heard of candida. I have asked her about the yeast infection and she was like, "oh that? that's nothing. Just take some antibiotic." whatever!!!

I know zero carbing isn't for everyone. I am not really trying to sell it as a miracle cure.

However, for me and my body, at this place and time in my life. I must say...I have never in my life felt better.

My eyes see the smallest details now.

My brain is fully awake.

My skin truly tinkles!!!

Sores, cuts and bruises are actually healing on their own.

My blood is circulating through my body like never before.

I, for the first time in my 42 years on this earth can honestly say without any doubt...zero carb-ing is saving my life.

I am alive and I feel awesome!!!

Oh yeah, and my bee itchy attitude is gone.

My thoughts have cleared as far as my depression goes.

I can laugh, haven't done that in a very very long time...not really laughed.

I have been living a fake life.

It's such a great feeling knowing I'm alive!!! (couldn't you hear Mr. Rogers singing? lol)

Dawn, I wish you success in your journey to better health. May God bless you.

Peace,
Paula
Old 04-22-2009, 07:27 AM   #1627

Paula,

I didn't know you knew about Doug Kaufmann. I think he is amazing! Love him!! Since you are following zero carb you might want to jump over to the other forum where they discuss their diet. Not trying to get you out of here, but I know that Tooter and Margot have had success in getting rid of their health problems going zero carb and they were instumental in getting this candida thread started. I am so glad you have had success, finally. I think we all deserve it and I feel it is a shame that it takes us so long to get it. I am sorry to give you more to research, but it might help. I am just beginning to string these things along too. But I have concentration issues and it really takes a long time for me to change and do what it is I am supposed to do. I am supposed to be off all stimulating foods and drinks and that is so hard for me right now. The coffee is OK to give up but for me it is the chocolate. That is the single most hardest thing ever I have had to do. It is amazing that chocolate has such a hold over me but it does and I cannot figure it out. I struggle every day with what I am going to eat that I think it would be easier to just eat meat, however I am not that much into eating meat. And I have been low carb for 10 years or so!!! Oh, well. I am so glad you have gotten better. It just goes to show how much our food really does influence how we feel, act and behave. Btw, my doctor has healed herself of her rheumatoid arthritis through food and supplements. That is how she came to be a doctor acutally. She wanted to heal herself and loved what she was learning. I think that is the best kind of doctor to have---one who always questions and is researching.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:19 AM   #1628
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BeckyHayes
Stats: 180/160/135
WOE: just low-carb
Start Date: March 2009
Small1, don't be so quick to assume that your "diabetes" is candida. It might well be, but it might also be a thyroid issue. If you also have high cholesterol, it could easily be thyroid. I highly recommend reading "Solved: The Riddle of Illness" by Stephen E. Langer, MD and James F. Scheer. It's available on Amazon.com. The thyroid and pancreas are both part of the endocrine system which is ruled by the pituitary and regulated by the thyroid. The pancreas metabolizes carbs and sugars, the liver, spleen and gall bladder metabolize fats. The adrenals provide the juice to run the whole engine, but even the flow of adrenal hormones is ruled by the pituitary and regulated by the thyroid.

It's a big circle -- if the adrenals are exhausted, they aren't putting out enough juice to make the engine go for anything else. If the thyroid is shot, it's not sending the right orders to the adrenals. A pituitary imbalance can throw everything down the toilet in a hurry.

I agree with Peacesoul -- you need to see a naturopath who can help you sort it all out. They will also be willing to help you try different things until you find the combination that really works for you. Naturopaths look more at symptoms instead of completely relying on test results. Tests have their place, but thyroid is one area where tests are no good, because the range that's considered "normal" is already way too high -- their criteria don't jive with reality. By the time you even HAVE numbers showing on the positive side, you have a serious problem. They need to make the tests more sensitive and redo the numbers they use. Right now, it's not even as sensitive as a blood cell count. No, I'm not a doctor -- I read this stuff on the internet, on more than one website.

If you already know you have a thyroid issue, what meds are you on? Naturals or synthetics? Are you taking vitamins for thyroid support? Are you including Selenium in your "pill routine"? Do you have other thyroid symptoms, like dry hair, skin and nails, need or want a nap in the afternoon, lack of motivation or depression, other hormone imbalances, lack of libido (sex drive), difficulty concentrating or switching mental gears from one task to another? Weight gain isn't the only thyroid symptom.

According to the book mentioned above, people who showed elevated blood sugar and cholesterol levels, and who had been diagnosed as diabetic, were treated with thyroid medication -- some with Armor and some with Synthroid -- and their blood sugar and cholesterol levels returned to normal in a very short time. This isn't always true, but many people are misdiagnosed as diabetic, put on insulin, and their bodies gain a phenomenal amount of weight because insulin tells the body where to put fat and how much of it to store. It's literally your energy regulator -- the fuel pump. If you're getting insulin your body doesn't need, it's storing fat for energy, instead of allowing the true energy hormones -- thyroid and adrenal hormones -- to do their job. When the body has sufficient thyroid, the energy balance is corrected.

By all means, take care of the Candida. I have it, too, but thyroid was the reason for my elevated blood sugar and cholesterol. Please talk to someone about your thyroid, before you take it for granted that you're diabetic or that Candida is the cause. The pancreas is only one part of the endocrine system, and any endocrine imbalance will affect the pancreas. Take care and good luck. I hope this helps.

B *.*
Old 04-22-2009, 11:29 AM   #1629
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Becky.

I was dx with hypothyroid at the same time I was dx with diabetes. Candida mimics both. However, Dawn may be on to something with a adrenal fatigue. I can relate to all of that...but then it has a lot of the same issues as candida.

For the diabetes I only take 5 units of long lasting insulin (lantus) per day. One shot in the morning.

>>Becky said, "Do you have other thyroid symptoms, like dry hair, skin and nails, need or want a nap in the afternoon, lack of motivation or depression, other hormone imbalances, lack of libido (sex drive), difficulty concentrating or switching mental gears from one task to another? Weight gain isn't the only thyroid symptom."

Yes, even while taking the thyroid med...those things ended once my started meat/fat/water only WOE. I suspect now my anemia is playing a huge part in this mess.

I have taken levoxyl (75 mg) since Oct 24, 2008. It hasn't helped. Going zero carb did.

I was taking a boat load of vitamins and supplements until I noticed they made my blood sugar rise. No thanks!

Thanks for your help!

Paula
Old 04-22-2009, 11:32 AM   #1630
Senior LCF Member

Dawn,
Chocolate has been my biggest foe since I was about 15. Oh yeah, that's how they discovered my intolance to chocolate. I loved it...but it couldn't love me back...at least not without pain so sever I was in bed for days sometimes as long as a week.

I have faith that I also will be healed. It's only a matter of time. If she can heal herself I believe I can heal me. I have faith like potatoes! LOL

Take care,
Paula
Old 04-22-2009, 11:38 AM   #1631
Junior LCF Member

I'm on Armor, but I've read about Wilson's Syndrome, in which some cases require treatment with ONLY T3. I know that Synthroid is only T4 and Armor is both T3 and T4. Synthroid is Levothyroxine -- is that the same as Levoxyl? If so, it's only T4, which must be converted to T3 before it can work.

If I get too much fat (so much that my lips are still slippery 30 minutes after eating), that's too much for me and it makes me queasy. I recently had to stop making salad dressings with mayo, because of that. I'm glad I'm only carb sensitive, instead of completely carb-intolerant.

My dry skin, hair and nails haven't let up, either, and I've been on Armor for nearly a year, now. I'll have to talk to my doc about it. At least eating lower carb, combined with everything else I'm doing, is taking the weight off.

Thanks for the reply -- man, I'm learning SO MUCH ON THIS FORUM!!
Old 04-22-2009, 11:59 AM   #1632

Becky,

My doctor thinks I too have a thyroid problem and wanted to put me on something but I didn't want to do that right now. I am so confused--when I first went in to see her in Jan, she said it wasn't my thyroid, but now she is saying it is. My last bloodwork showed that I have elevated glucose levels, but decreased or low insulin. I thought with the low insulin I would be OK, but she says I am on my way to diabetes. So, we are trying to head that off by diet. And she has me on chromium picolinate. I hope it doesn't get worse. My doc thinks that my bloodwork is pure lifestyle and that if I change my diet I will change my future! Every symptom you listed for thyroid I have with the exception of the dry skin and hair. That is why I thought I had thyroid troubles. Going to the doctor meant that I felt better knowing that it wasn't thyroid and I wouldn't need meds forever to fix it. Now it seems I still have thyroid troubles. This is so confusing to sort out. Adrenals, thryoid and blood sugar....I know they go hand in hand because of the hormones. I wish it were much easier to figure out.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:33 PM   #1633
Junior LCF Member

Hang in there, Dawn, and don't give up. If your doctor is willing, go ahead and get on some Armor Thyroid, maybe a low to middle dose to start, and see what happens with your blood sugar and cholesterol in 30 days. If there's any improvement, maybe increase the dose a bit. The stuff comes in 30, 60, 90, 120, 150 and 180 mg tablets. Our pharmacy doesn't carry and won't order anything over 60 mg, so my doctor writes me a prescription for 90 tablets each month, so I can take 180 a day (3 tablets). But we worked up to that level, starting at 90, a level I had worked with before. Sixty milligrams is 1 grain. Ask about it. According to the book, that's all it took for many people to correct on blood sugar and cholesterol.

I'm also taking a glandular compound that includes thyroid, adrenal, pituitary and hypothalamus... two tablets a day, or I need a nap. That is something I buy from my doc. They carry less potent stuff that can be bought OTC at any health food store -- if you want to learn about it, you're looking for a product called Raw Thyroid, but I don't remember the brand name. Someone at the store could tell you who makes it. Then in the book I recommended, they said it was found that many people needed vitamins, minerals, etc. for thyroid support. My doc recommended vitamins B and C, and Selenium, so I'm taking those. I ran out of Selenium last December and finally had the money to get more recently. My weight loss started again after I got it, but I had gained while I was out of it.

A lot of other things happened at the same time, too. I now get ionized high-pH water from a health food store that has an ionizer -- $1.00 per gallon -- and it puts my body back into an alkaline condition, which is what it needs to be. Stress lasting for even 30 minutes is enough to throw most people into an acidic condition. The acidic condition is perfect for Candida growth, and Candida is tied to a host of other problems, not the least of which is that it prevents weight loss, no matter what your diet is. I also make my salad dressings with non-fat plain yogurt or sour cream -- or a mixture of the two -- plus lemon or lime juice and herbs. Mayo was too greasy for me. And I had the flu over this past weekend and lost 3 pounds. Not fun, but I got into my skinny jeans this morning...

Little by little, you will make changes in medication and diet and find the exact right combination of all of it that works just for you. No single diet or lifestyle works for everyone, and it isn't supposed to. We'd all have to be exactly alike for that. In the meantime, however, we can offer each other information and ideas to check out until that big A-HA moment arrives.

Be patient with yourself. My body has been a very frustrating mystery I've been fighting with (or giving up on) for the last 28 years, and intensely in the last 5 years. I think I'm finally getting a handle on it... and not a "love handle" either.

B *.*
Old 04-22-2009, 12:36 PM   #1634
Senior LCF Member

Gee Becky. I am eating tons of fat/oils and my lips are nearly always dry. My skin is improving but at times it seems really dry to me. Good Luck!!!

Dawn, has she completely ruled out mold/fungus/yeast? I just saw an interview that Doug Kauffman did with a doctor can't-say-his-name but anyway he believes that cancer is caused by a fungus. Fungus feeds on sugar (carbs). You can also learn more about diabetes/candida/thyroid/ and a whole host of other illnesses/diseases at www (dot) biblelife (dot) com. Scroll down pass the religious information to get to the his medical findings. Good Luck in your journey to better health.

This will be my last post. I just received a phone call saying my father in-law will be here first thing in the morning. Surprise!!!

Take care, Paula
Old 04-24-2009, 06:52 AM   #1635
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: girl81
Stats: past/100/healthy
WOE: unprocessed
Could someone explain which is better, a fungicidal or an antifungal?
Old 04-24-2009, 11:09 AM   #1636
Junior LCF Member

Truthfully, I don't know if there IS a difference between fungicidal and antifungal. They both kill fungus. If anyone else has another understanding, I can still be educated...
Old 04-26-2009, 04:35 PM   #1637
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JoSkids
[COLOR="Olive"]I have been taking oil of oregano, but just bought grapefruit seed extract so that I can alternate the two. How often do you alternate - every 2 weeks? every month?[/COLOR]
Old 04-26-2009, 05:30 PM   #1638

Jo,

I would do a bottle of one and then when that runs out start the other bottle. That is what I do.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:00 PM   #1639
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JoSkids
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
Jo,

I would do a bottle of one and then when that runs out start the other bottle. That is what I do.
[COLOR="darkslateblue"]Exactly what I was thinking - takes most of the guesswork out of it all.[/COLOR]
Old 04-27-2009, 01:39 AM   #1640
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: girl81
Stats: past/100/healthy
WOE: unprocessed
Anyone use garlic as their antifungal of choice?
Old 04-27-2009, 06:58 PM   #1641
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: backyardigans
Stats: 240/238/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: February 2009
Hello Everyone, I have a lot of catching up to do. I've been diagnosed with a yeast/ fungal thing. They gave me nystop powder and it worked pretty good but I think all of the problem (vulva, stomach, under breasts) is coming from a circle of dots on my leg. I've been trying to get rid of it with many concoctions (topical) and it does get lighter but doesn't disappear. I'm going to read all of your info tomorrow. Can this make you really tired. Also I had shingles last year and it still itches. anything on that. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:36 PM   #1642
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by backyardigans View Post
Hello Everyone, I have a lot of catching up to do. I've been diagnosed with a yeast/ fungal thing. They gave me nystop powder and it worked pretty good but I think all of the problem (vulva, stomach, under breasts) is coming from a circle of dots on my leg. I've been trying to get rid of it with many concoctions (topical) and it does get lighter but doesn't disappear. I'm going to read all of your info tomorrow. Can this make you really tired. Also I had shingles last year and it still itches. anything on that. Thanks in advance.
How is your diet?
Old 04-28-2009, 02:39 PM   #1643
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl81 View Post
Anyone use garlic as their antifungal of choice?
Unless it's real garlic, there is no point. Or you can take pure allicin form. Which I think is more available than it used to me.

Garlic is great for everything including fungus
Old 04-29-2009, 02:00 PM   #1644
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rooster427
Okay so I have had an intense pressure in my head for 6 months. The pressure did not come on gradually, I was driving home from work and had an intense "episode" dizziness tingling all over and now this intense pressure and stiff neck for 6 months. For the first 3 months every doctor said I was fine. During this time that everyone said I was "fine" I did some research and came across this candida thing and read that it could cause head pressure. So I cut out yeast and sugar from my diet. Well after three months of this strange headache I was finnally diagnosed with a spontaneous cerebral spinal fluid leak, very strange I know. Anyways the reason I am posting here is that lately I have been getting oral irritations and joint pains. I think the joint pains are related to the leak but the mouth thing is wierd. My tounge has a slight white coating on it, not anything crazy but still disturbing none the less. I went to a dentist and they mentioned candida but said that candida comes off when you scrap it, mine does not. It usually is just located on the back of my tounge. does not cause any pain just minor discomfort like the feeling of having a dry mouth. I do not get stomach aches at all and have no other "yeast related" symptoms other than the headache which i now know is caused by low spinal pressure. However when I did start getting the headaches I noticed a weird rash over my knuckles. It went away and hasn;t come back, i just figure it's dry skin. Anyways is it possible that my spinal fluid leak has lowered my immune system and is giving me some minor form of candida. Why is my mouth changing??? I will ask my docotr if any of this could be related to the leak but wanted to ask you guys about candida because all my doctors are neurologists and neurosurgeons and I am sure would laugh at me if i mentioned Candida, haha. Thanks for your time.

PS- I have pretty much been on the candida diet for six months with limited sugar intake(apples and yogurt). I remain on this diet because I do not want to have my leak cured only to have to deal with freakin candida! It is hard enough living with a constant headache. I also take multivitamins which have some probiotics in them, fish oil, and magnesium supplements which help me sleep and with muscle tension. I did take antibiotics for about 10 days when my docs thought i had a sinus infection, idiots, so maybe i am getting candida from that but that was like 6 months ago.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:13 PM   #1645
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kathy_de_Alabama
Stats: 242/205/155
WOE: ZERO CARB
Rooster,
Hi. I'm not a doctor, but have had enough experience with Candida to say that he white coating on your tongue is probably Candida. I've had it where it wouldn't scrape off before - and it was Candida. You might might drop apples and yogurt from your diet and see if it improves. Also, even though doctors do tend to laugh at Candida, many will prescribe an antifungal if they see the white coating on your tongue. There are natural antifungals - garlic, for one - if you do not want to use an Rx. Also - How is your breath? If it's bad, that's another Candida sign. Best of luck.

I am so sorry to hear about your Spinal Leak. That has got to be a nightmare!

Let us know how you are doing. I hope you are completely well soon!
Old 04-29-2009, 04:31 PM   #1646
Junior LCF Member

I was prescribed Nystatin but it seemed to irritate my mouth more. Biotene mouthwash provides some relief but i want it gone not temporary relief
Old 04-29-2009, 05:15 PM   #1647
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster427 View Post
Okay so I have had an intense pressure in my head for 6 months. The pressure did not come on gradually, I was driving home from work and had an intense "episode" dizziness tingling all over and now this intense pressure and stiff neck for 6 months. For the first 3 months every doctor said I was fine. During this time that everyone said I was "fine" I did some research and came across this candida thing and read that it could cause head pressure. So I cut out yeast and sugar from my diet. Well after three months of this strange headache I was finnally diagnosed with a spontaneous cerebral spinal fluid leak, very strange I know. Anyways the reason I am posting here is that lately I have been getting oral irritations and joint pains. I think the joint pains are related to the leak but the mouth thing is wierd. My tounge has a slight white coating on it, not anything crazy but still disturbing none the less. I went to a dentist and they mentioned candida but said that candida comes off when you scrap it, mine does not. It usually is just located on the back of my tounge. does not cause any pain just minor discomfort like the feeling of having a dry mouth. I do not get stomach aches at all and have no other "yeast related" symptoms other than the headache which i now know is caused by low spinal pressure. However when I did start getting the headaches I noticed a weird rash over my knuckles. It went away and hasn;t come back, i just figure it's dry skin. Anyways is it possible that my spinal fluid leak has lowered my immune system and is giving me some minor form of candida. Why is my mouth changing??? I will ask my docotr if any of this could be related to the leak but wanted to ask you guys about candida because all my doctors are neurologists and neurosurgeons and I am sure would laugh at me if i mentioned Candida, haha. Thanks for your time.

PS- I have pretty much been on the candida diet for six months with limited sugar intake(apples and yogurt). I remain on this diet because I do not want to have my leak cured only to have to deal with freakin candida! It is hard enough living with a constant headache. I also take multivitamins which have some probiotics in them, fish oil, and magnesium supplements which help me sleep and with muscle tension. I did take antibiotics for about 10 days when my docs thought i had a sinus infection, idiots, so maybe i am getting candida from that but that was like 6 months ago.
Sorry you're not well.
Candida is an illness in itself and appears when you're immune system is compromised, ESPECIALLY when you're on abx.
I would just like to say, the probiotics in your multivitamins is not enough
When you have bad yeast, it's best to take at least 10 billion units a day. but it should be a cold source. Not a dry off the shelf source.
Meaning, when you buy it, it needs to be in the fridge from store to home.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:27 AM   #1648
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I was prescribed Nystatin but it seemed to irritate my mouth more. Biotene mouthwash provides some relief but i want it gone not temporary relief
Nystatin powder? If so, keep with that - keeping it in your mouth for as long as you can stand it b4 you swallow. My doc always said 4x a day. This will kill it. Now, the only way to keep it gone is to do a strict Candida diet along with the antifungal. You are already doing many things right, but the apples and yogurt are feeding the yeast, IMO.
I'm not familiar with that mouthwash, so I don't know if that's good or bad.
I had yeast in my mouth (thrush) so bad that it grew spores into my tongue. You should have seen it. GROSS! What knocked it out was Nystatin and diet kept it gone. I even went so far as to just apply the Nystatin powder directly on my tongue w/o mixing it with water. It took about a week (doing this 4x a day) to see improvement.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:42 AM   #1649
Junior LCF Member

Yeah that does sound gross i have seen pictures of people where it was really bad. If I get my mouth cultured will it show up as candida and if not does this mean it is something else like dry mouth or some other bacteria?? I do have another question, i have heard that candida can cause everything from stomach ache to MS?!! Is that true, I mean to me it seems ridiculous that not eating sugar or wheat could cure MS. Wouldn't doctors just tell you to change your diet if it could cure a horrible disease like MS, i don't understand??? I feel like if I had MS and found out I could cure or prevent it with diet I would be really pissed at either my doctors or you guys for giving me false hope. I don't know I am torn, I belive in the whole candida thing until people start talking about it causing MS and stuff like that, I mean it makes sense that a fungus could cause digestive problems and mouth problems but MS, where is the data and research on this??? Also I have to drink a lot of caffeine to keep my spinal fluid pressure up. Does this feed candida as well??? Thanks guys for helping me out
Old 04-30-2009, 09:29 AM   #1650
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yeah that does sound gross i have seen pictures of people where it was really bad. If I get my mouth cultured will it show up as candida and if not does this mean it is something else like dry mouth or some other bacteria?? I do have another question, i have heard that candida can cause everything from stomach ache to MS?!! Is that true, I mean to me it seems ridiculous that not eating sugar or wheat could cure MS. Wouldn't doctors just tell you to change your diet if it could cure a horrible disease like MS, i don't understand??? I feel like if I had MS and found out I could cure or prevent it with diet I would be really pissed at either my doctors or you guys for giving me false hope. I don't know I am torn, I belive in the whole candida thing until people start talking about it causing MS and stuff like that, I mean it makes sense that a fungus could cause digestive problems and mouth problems but MS, where is the data and research on this??? Also I have to drink a lot of caffeine to keep my spinal fluid pressure up. Does this feed candida as well??? Thanks guys for helping me out
I can't guarantee that your culture would show Candida, but I'd bet it would. Not many things cause a white coating on the tongue like that.

Candida plays a role in many illnesses. Some people even believe that cancer is a fungus. I don't know if Candida causes MS. Here is a link to more information: All About Candida/Yeast and Candida/Yeast Syndrome Basics by Bee

Some people believe Caffiene feeds the Candida and some people do not. Since you need the Caffiene for the pressure, I would not test it. I think if you drop moldy, high-carb and med-carb foods you will see improvement.

Last edited by Kathy_de_Alabama; 04-30-2009 at 09:32 AM..
Closed Thread