Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Candida and Yeast
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2009, 09:16 AM   #1561
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JoSkids
[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Thanks for the links Linny, but link 2 kind of contradicts link one cause the first link says that Coconut milk - a whole can would have the same benefits of 3.5T of CO however, in the second link, it says that the sugars in coconut milk feed yeast...[/COLOR]

Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2009, 09:58 AM   #1562
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: luvmybabies
Candida

I have been following Bee's Diet to a TEE now for 3 weeks, and I am having some bad die off symptoms (the yeast releasing their toxins when they die), but so far so good. Over all I think I am getting better. I have been fighting Candida for years, and I can say that I will NEVER EVER take another antibiotic as long as I live! When my daughter got strep throat I killed it with Oil of Oregano and Colloidal Silver Spray.
Mia
Old 03-12-2009, 10:17 AM   #1563
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Linny
Stats: Lost 50 lbs
WOE: Organic & Natural Whole Food version of Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmybabies View Post
I have been following Bee's Diet to a TEE now for 3 weeks, and I am having some bad die off symptoms (the yeast releasing their toxins when they die), but so far so good. Over all I think I am getting better. I have been fighting Candida for years, and I can say that I will NEVER EVER take another antibiotic as long as I live! When my daughter got strep throat I killed it with Oil of Oregano and Colloidal Silver Spray.
Mia
Good Luck Mia
Old 03-12-2009, 02:04 PM   #1564
Junior LCF Member

Is there a real test to diagnose Lyme disease? Because it seems very similar to ME/CFIDS and extreme hypothyroidism.
Is there a definitive test for it?
Mia
Old 03-12-2009, 02:06 PM   #1565
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmybabies View Post
Mia
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]Wow, Mia - good for you. No way I could do that diet. Way too restrictive.

I am just doing LC, coconut oil, probiotics and will be adding colloidal silver as soon as it arrives in the mail. I haven't been experiencing much die off - just a little bit of hive since I started the probiotics, but nothing extreme.

Good luck in concurring your yeastie beasties
[/COLOR]
Old 03-12-2009, 07:14 PM   #1566
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth Sch
Stats: (130 B4 Preggers, Then 250Hypoth/?/125) 5'10 Tall
WOE: Stillman's/Atkin's :)
Start Date: Dec. 1, 02/ Re-induced Jan. 2, 04
Help!

I took a strong antibiotic 4 weeks ago and now Im dying. I look like Im 10 mo. pregers. HELP. I started OoO and probiotics, with garlic, all my vits and totally strick diet. It's been a week now and I am not better. What should I do? I know it takes time but, man, I thought I would be better at least. AND, I haven't started my period a well. Is this due to the Candida? I wasn't Low carbing when I took the anitbd so the little devils are nice and full, Im sure. ANY advice would be great.

When will I see my stomach go down?

Hugs,
B
Old 03-12-2009, 07:24 PM   #1567
Junior LCF Member

Try doing Bee's diet, I think the website is: Healing Naturally by Bee - Home Page. That is what I am doing and I will NEVER ever take another antibiotic or ever give one to my kids ever again.
Mia
Old 03-17-2009, 01:29 PM   #1568
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: meb2004
Stats: 146 / 135 5'9"
WOE: weston price / whole foods
Start Date: February 2004
WOW, Finally finished reading this ENTIRE thread!

Questions:
  1. I'm assuming Lacto-Fermented Foods would be okay, since I would make these at home and they wouldn't be pasteurized?
  2. I've tried EVCO in large amounts before, but it has always made me gain weight. Have any of you following the candida diet gained from EVCO, but then later have the weight come off?
  3. I HATE the taste of coconut oil. I can finally cook with it and it be okay, and sometimes use it in tea. I have nutiva which is supposed to be awesome, but just can't handle the taste / texture. Any good ideas for getting it down? The taste of it literally makes me want to throw up sometimes

Comments:
Olive Oil - I saw way back that some people don't want to make their own mayo since EVOO tastes bad. If you don't like the taste of Extra Virgin Olive Oil you are probably eating rancid oil! I had no idea what it was really supposed to taste like until I had some expensive stuff from Italy. What a difference it makes! I found some moderate priced stuff online - Zoe Organic - that also tastes very good. I haven't tried a ton of different kinds, but the good stuff shouldn't taste bitter and in really good stuff there may be hints of pepper or lemon flavor.

I'm doing just general low-carb right now and whole foods / weston price approach. I believe I have a thyroid issue (TSH 4.09) and am waiting on further test results right now. I also went to see a naturopathic (N.D.) doc which tipped me off that all of this might be caused by leaky gut, in turn caused by candida. I've used coconut oil before but it always makes me quickly gain weight so I end up going off of it.

I have to go off all supplements this weekend to properly submit data for more lab tests, but I hope to start many of the recommendations on this thread sometime next week. For now doing coconut oil again. Handling it much better this time than the last, although I am still a little worried of the weight gain
Old 03-17-2009, 01:44 PM   #1569
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]I have only been doing coconut oil for about 2 weeks. I immediately lost 3 lbs, but nothing since. I think I have to lower my portion sizes to compensate for the added calories of the coconut oil. I am not gaining, but I am not losing.

I supposedly have the coconut oil that doesn't taste like anything (I forget which it is so I won't confuse things by trying to remember which one it is) but it still tastes like coconut to me - just very faintly. Fortunately, I like the taste of coconunt so it doesn't bother me. I put 1T in my warm tea, morning and evening. Guess I could stand to up the quantity to 3x's day. I am just not much of a warm drink person - I would be interested in alternative ways of getting it down as well. I don't like it enough to eat it off the spoon though...
[/COLOR]

If hunger is not the problem, food is not the answer!

Be Prepared - It's not just a Boy Scout motto anymore!

If anyone doesn't think their plan is the best; they should probably be looking for a new plan. - Jezzie
Old 03-17-2009, 03:15 PM   #1570
Junior LCF Member

I do NOT like the taste of coconut oil either, so I fry with it and then I put it in my breakfast smoothie, which is 3 raw eggs, 2 TBs of coconut oil, 2 TBS of butter, 1 tsp of cinnamon and boiling hot water.
Mia
Old 03-17-2009, 04:14 PM   #1571
Senior LCF Member

Thanks!

I'm doing much better with it in tea and cooking than when i've done it before, but it still makes me a little queasy sometimes so i'm definitely interested in other ways of getting it down.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:16 PM   #1572
Junior LCF Member

Also, only use RAW and Organic Coconut oil, the processed oils are bad for you.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:07 PM   #1573
Senior LCF Member

only using organic extra virgin coconut oil here! today i managed to get down 3 tablespoons!!!! also i've been doing the apple cider vinegar (with mother) and today was the first day it didn't feel like i drinking straight alcohol from the burning sensation. i just drink it quick and then follow with water rather than making a drink out of it, that way i can check it off my list of things to do.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:52 PM   #1574
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: laurakitty
Stats: 158/158/132
WOE: Gluten & Dairy Free
Meow! I'm back, with my tail between my legs, after months of not really following the Candida diet at all. I feel like crap and I know that I need to go back to this in order to feel better again. I've been trying to catch up on this thread but it is basically impossible. I just want to know if those of you who have been here since I this thread started (back when I was posting before), like Tooter, are feeling better? Do you feel like all of this is worth it? I've been completely gluten and dairy free for the last year but I definitely have a problem with sugar, which I know I have to quit, and I love certain veggies that are on the no-no list- I just want to make sure that I will feel so much better once I cut out the mushrooms, etc.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:32 PM   #1575
Junior LCF Member

I am new here, and I Have been doing the candida diet for a month or so now, i do feel much better, but I am very impatient and the natural antifungals do not work quick enough for me, so i am now taking Diflucan and Nystatin to kill my candida. I will let you all know how it goes, so far so good. Also, I still follow the candida diet though, no sugars or fruits or carrots and such using Bee's diet. Healing Naturally by Bee - Home Page
Mia
Old 03-23-2009, 03:43 AM   #1576
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: peace+love
Stats: 165/147/138 (5'7")
WOE: Atkins with a Twist
Start Date: November 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linny View Post
Read post #6 ---------> http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...s-coconut.html

Another on the subject --------> Re: Is coconut milk as effective as coconut oil in ridding candida? Thanks at Candida Support Forum

This may help answer you also --------> The Coconut Diet™ - Candida
I am in the throes of getting on the candida diet, and I am not getting rid of coconut milk and cream. Although my brand in Australia has nothing approaching 7 grams of sugar per serve!

A big thing for me will be getting rid of almonds. I eat them a lot, and ate them on another candida cleanse, with no issues. I am wondering if I am really sensitive to them, or not. For me wheat (which I avoid as I am allergic to it anyway) and fruit are my downfall. I have been craving sugar and fruits like nothing else, with little ability to control myself.

I have bought the following:

Organic, antibiotic free eggs
Antibiotic free chicken
Fresh garlic
Parsley (huge amounts of it)
EVOO
EVCO
Green vegetables galore - cabbage, spinach, bok choy and others.
Coconut meal to make coconut flour with occasionally.
Xylitol
Herbal teas
Linseed/flaxseed meal to grind. I have it kept in the freezer.

I don't know where to get raw nuts and seeds in Australia, unfortunately.

Allergies:
Dairy, Gluten, Insulin Resistant
Old 03-23-2009, 06:09 AM   #1577
Senior LCF Member

Over here in the US, raw nuts and seeds can be hard to find too. Some of our healthfood stores have them, but usually we'll have to order online.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:14 AM   #1578
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: fawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Sch View Post
Help!

I took a strong antibiotic 4 weeks ago and now Im dying. I look like Im 10 mo. pregers. HELP. I started OoO and probiotics, with garlic, all my vits and totally strick diet. It's been a week now and I am not better. What should I do? I know it takes time but, man, I thought I would be better at least. AND, I haven't started my period a well. Is this due to the Candida? I wasn't Low carbing when I took the anitbd so the little devils are nice and full, Im sure. ANY advice would be great.

When will I see my stomach go down?

Hugs,
B
Be patient! It will happen.....
A couple of things that will assist in your detox are lots of water, exercise and if you can, massage and sauna. It can take some time to re-balance your body.

Hey Jo, I think you might be on vacation still but I'm curious how that Colloidal Silver is working for you. I've had a very small wart on my thigh and while I've not experienced any candida symptoms in several years, this wart disappeared with the incorporation of CS.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:59 AM   #1579
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Not on vacation yet

but did a practice run this weekend because my daughter had a soccer tournament in San Jose & we stayed down there - have supplements will travel. Not leaving for Hawaii till 4/8.

I was doing CS fairly heavy for about a week (1T 2x's day) and now I am down to 1tsp 2x's a day (internally). Honestly, I am not sure how it is working because I started it and other things at the same time. (coconut oil, vitamin d, probiotics, fish oil). I think my skin has improved. My nails are shinier.

I am still working on the chapped part on my foot - not sure how best to deal with that sore - 1. Keep a saturated gauze wrapped around it. 2. Dab silver on it, cover with a bandage or 3. Put some silver on bandage let dry and keep on sore. I have not been too consistent on it - suggestions?

I also have a spot on my face that I am going to have a dermotologist look at in a few weeks and I have half heartedly been rubbing silver on it (usually in the evening after I wash my face) - I don't notice any difference cause again, I am not being real consistent. How often would you suggest rubbing it on?

We thought the cat might be over her parasites cause we hadn't seen them for a bit we saw them yesterday (sorry if that is too much info, guys) - she's getting 1/4 tsp on her wet food 1x/day.

So although I am not seeing overt signs that it is working there are things that are improving that I would say are do to, in part, CS, so I am not going to stop taking it.

And, no, I am not turning blue, if any one was concerned
Old 03-23-2009, 06:05 PM   #1580
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: fawn
Don't worry, we'll both head to Las Vegas and start our own LC blue woman show!

I would rub the CS on both spots 2x daily jo. And yes, putting it on the gauze and "wearing" that is also a good idea. They have band aids with the silver right in the pad.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:47 PM   #1581
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawn View Post
Don't worry, we'll both head to Las Vegas and start our own LC blue woman show!

[COLOR="Blue"]I hear there is good money in it - you're on! Or we could go on the talk show circuit...[/COLOR]

I would rub the CS on both spots 2x daily jo. And yes, putting it on the gauze and "wearing" that is also a good idea. They have band aids with the silver right in the pad.

[COLOR="blue"]K, 2x's a day... thanks for the advice[/COLOR]
Old 03-23-2009, 09:37 PM   #1582
Senior LCF Member

maybe i missed it earlier in the thread, but what do you use colloidal silver for? a little bit of everything?
Old 03-23-2009, 10:37 PM   #1583
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

"Colloidal silver appears to be a powerful, natural antibiotic and preventative against infections. Acting as a catalyst, it reportedly disables the enzyme that one-celled bacteria, viruses and fungi need for their oxygen metabolism. They suffocate without corresponding harm occurring to human enzymes or parts of the human body chemistry. The result is the destruction of disease-causing organisms in the body and in the food."

I take a tsp in the morning and evening to help fight my candida.

It can be used topically on cuts and burns to help in healing.

I am also giving it to my animals. One of my cats has a cronic case of worms that we just can't get a handle of by traditional means. The jury is out on this one.

But Fawn is better versed in this than myself so I will let her fill in the blanks.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:21 PM   #1584
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: desire4health
colloidal silver/msm

colloidal silver when used in conjunction with msm (methyl sulfonyl methane) or organic sulfur works "hand in glove" to fight candida overgrowth and other forms of parasites. For more info check out index.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:42 PM   #1585
Senior LCF Member

also check out MSM Methyl Sulfonyl Methane for more info on msm
Old 03-24-2009, 06:48 PM   #1586
Senior LCF Member

I forgot to add when you visit the colloidal silver solutions site, Russ Newman is the name of the certified lymphologist and you can contact him personally if you are interested in more information. Hope this helps someone.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:21 PM   #1587
Senior LCF Member

Does anyone know if your lymph nodes can get swollen from candida die off? Mine are swollen, but I don't have any of the digestive die off symptoms or really any other die off symptoms. I forget which came first though, reintroducing coconut oil or the swollen glands. Thoughts?
Old 03-28-2009, 12:54 AM   #1588
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: girl81
Stats: past/100/healthy
WOE: unprocessed
I just read that that garlic counteracts the effects of bifidus and lactobacillus cultures in probiotics.
My probiotic contains these strains. Should I cut garlic out of my diet?
Old 03-31-2009, 03:42 PM   #1589
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimad
Stats: 150/125
WOE: CAD
Start Date: Dec. 3, 2014
Hi everyone! I have been lurking for my daughter but seem to realize I have yeast issues as well. I am really stuck on what to eat. I have done lo-carb before but end up binging. Please let me know your daily food plan. Thanks!Kim
Old 03-31-2009, 08:41 PM   #1590
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]My yeast issues are not that bad - so eating a basic lc diet, helps me a lot. When I eat some processed meats like salami, I will break out in a rash that is yeast related. When I cut back on those types of foods (which I tend not to eat for just this reason), the rash goes away.

I still eat cheese & peanuts and those don't seem to affect me.

But I have added supplements to help me in my fight - I am doing the following:

1T coconut oil (morning & night) although, I think I am going to cut this out for a bit & see what happens with my weight loss cause nothing is happening right now

1T ACV morning and night - I would do it 3x's a day, but don't have a good way to transport it to work without it leaking all over the place yet & I don't want to take the whole bottle.

Oil of Oregano capsules 3x's/day

Probiotics 3x's/day

and these, but they don't have anything to do with my candida...
Vitamin D3 3x's/day (might do cod liver oil capsules when this is gone)

Fish oil capsules 3x's/day
[/COLOR]
Closed Thread