LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2009, 08:06 AM   #1531
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: princess_tonya
WOE: Anti-Candida and Whole Foods
Start Date: January, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy_de_Alabama View Post
What I've heard is that 75% or more of the carvacrol is a good OoO.
I started taking two capsules once a day and now I can tell there is some serious die-off going on. Unfortunately I seem to be breaking out from it, not only on my face, but on my chest too. SOOOO not a good thing, but it's only temporarily. Keeping my eye on the prize.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2009, 10:46 AM   #1532
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BikerAng
Stats: 195/167/155 5'9"
WOE: Atkins - organic & humanely raised
Start Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
That can be a sign of "die off" and that toxins are leaving your body.

When I first started using Coconut oil on my skin, I broke out in little white bumps. Because I had done my "reading", I knew that this was a form of "Die off", Toxins being released in the skin. I waited through it. After a couple of weeks, my face had never been so clear. I don't have problems with "break out".

A lot of people will try coconut oil on their skin, expecting instant results. They tend to forget that there is bacteria on your skin and that Coconut oil is an anti-fungal. It only makes sense.

The same thing with ingesting it. Remember, things get worse, before they get better.
This is exactly what happened to me too. I broke out a lot during my teen years and in my 20's (not acne per se but always a big pimple on my face at any given point). I thought it was just something I was just going to have to live with. I tried Proactiv, but that seemed to age my face, it helped but didn't get rid of the pimples 100%. I started LC, cut out grains and sugar and my skin started to clear some. Then I started injesting CO and read that it can be used as a moisturizer. So I tried it, it was very greasy for the first month and it caused me to break out a little more than usual. After a few weeks of using it I noticed my skin was totally clear, and no more blackheads anywhere! Also, the fine lines were getting smaller around my eyes. It seems to soak in faster now too, but I've been using it for over a year now on my face/skin. I just love the stuff. I don't break out hardly ever anymore.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:53 AM   #1533
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kathy_de_Alabama
Stats: 242/205/155
WOE: ZERO CARB
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_tonya View Post
I started taking two capsules once a day and now I can tell there is some serious die-off going on. Unfortunately I seem to be breaking out from it, not only on my face, but on my chest too. SOOOO not a good thing, but it's only temporarily. Keeping my eye on the prize.
I "cheated" on my diet last night. UN-PLANNED!!! I ordered pan-fried trout at a restaurant, and the menu didn't mention breading and it came out breaded. So, I was going to trade with my husband for his grilled Mahi-Mahi, and I had just ONE BITE of mine first. uh-oh I couldn't trade after that. It was DELICIOUS and totally worth the cheat - in some respects.

See, now I don't know if my die-off is real die-off from OoO or symptoms having to do with the cheat. To further complicate matters, TOM is coming any day, and all these symptoms could be from any of the three things.

Anyway, here's what I'm getting: 1) Major morning puffiness and swelling. 2) Exteme fatigue. (better today than yesterday, though) 3) Occaisional diarehha (sp?) 4) Cold/allergy symptoms (midly sore throat and more sneezing than usual) and 5) various soreness.

So, I'm confused and I've probably confused my body. No matter - bump in the road. I'm right back on track today, and I'll take the symptoms for as long as they last knowing I'm getting better!

I really hope I don't break out, too. One of my main motivations for taking OoO is I read it was a good acne treatment. I haven't tried it topically yet. Have you?

Last edited by Kathy_de_Alabama; 02-06-2009 at 10:56 AM..
Old 02-06-2009, 02:38 PM   #1534
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: princess_tonya
WOE: Anti-Candida and Whole Foods
Start Date: January, 2009
Quote:
I "cheated" on my diet last night. UN-PLANNED!!! I ordered pan-fried trout at a restaurant, and the menu didn't mention breading and it came out breaded. So, I was going to trade with my husband for his grilled Mahi-Mahi, and I had just ONE BITE of mine first. uh-oh I couldn't trade after that. It was DELICIOUS and totally worth the cheat - in some respects.

See, now I don't know if my die-off is real die-off from OoO or symptoms having to do with the cheat. To further complicate matters, TOM is coming any day, and all these symptoms could be from any of the three things.

Anyway, here's what I'm getting: 1) Major morning puffiness and swelling. 2) Exteme fatigue. (better today than yesterday, though) 3) Occaisional diarehha (sp?) 4) Cold/allergy symptoms (midly sore throat and more sneezing than usual) and 5) various soreness.

So, I'm confused and I've probably confused my body. No matter - bump in the road. I'm right back on track today, and I'll take the symptoms for as long as they last knowing I'm getting better!

I really hope I don't break out, too. One of my main motivations for taking OoO is I read it was a good acne treatment. I haven't tried it topically yet. Have you?
I put it on my face today. I'm impressed with it. I usually have to put powder on three times a day to cover shiny-ness, but today I only put it on once. Definitely an improvement. Don't know if it's going to help wiith break-out or not, but it's definitely good so far.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:37 PM   #1535
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Su11
Stats: Total loss- 65 (since Sept 05)
WOE: General lower carb- fructose limited
One thing that I've been fairly consistent with over the past few months is the coconut oil and biotin (but I took the biotin earlier too) And....

The fungus streak on my big toe really is growing out!!!! I thought I was imagining things, as I've had this for over 10 years (it started after a shop pedicure).

But what used to go most of the length of my toe is now half way up the toe and the nail under it is nice and rosy!!! Also I had what the dermatologist called a psoriasis issue with my right pointer fingernail and the top 1/4 of it raised off the nailbed. It is now growing back and is solidly attached all the way around the remaining loose bit.

So I think that I'm at least conquering some issues, even if I haven't faced it all square on. I'm also back to doing the oil pulling and have had some breakouts (across my eyebrows of all places!) that flare up and die down, so I'm presuming this is die off related.

I'm going to hold fast here for a bit and then take some more steps. Slow and sure seems to be my motto!

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." (Mae West)
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." (Theodor Seuss Geisel, a.k.a. Dr. Seuss)
Old 02-09-2009, 05:05 AM   #1536
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Linny
Stats: Lost 50 lbs
WOE: Organic & Natural Whole Food version of Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacesoul View Post
I took abx for months due to lyme disease but was on a good anti yeast diet before that.
Peacesoul ~ how ya doing with your LD? I just got off ABX after being on a year for a very bad bout of chronic LD.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:25 PM   #1537
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lally
Hi everyone,

I just joined here - self diagnosed myself with Candida about 3 weeks ago, due to feeling really bloated and getting really bad gas :blush: after eating just small amounts of foods (didn't notice which kinds in particular) This had been going on about a year, and it was making me feel really down pretty much by the end of each day.

I dn't think my symptons are as severe as some of you poor guys, but I think I have found the solution as this new diet is really helping (no sugar at all, no refined carbs - only brown rice, oats and bulgar wheat, lots of veggies etc).

Anyway i went to the doctors to see if they could test for definite for it, and my dr basically said he'd never heard of it and that 'simple carbs are bad for everyone!'. Helpful! Then he poked my stomach a bit

...sorry this is a bit of a lecture! Just wanted to know if anyone in the UK has had a doctor actually acknowledge Candida?

Also i was making my bf some chocolate truffles this evening for his valentines pressie...and ended up eating LOADS of chocolate!!! I haven't had sugar in 3 weeks and just went mental. I feel crap both mentally and physically cos of it damn. Anyone else had a low moment like this? Chocolate is so damn good damn it!
Old 02-10-2009, 02:46 PM   #1538
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: soon
Stats: restart 07
WOE: whatever works
Thanks for posting this I am on Bee's list for candida but hadnt read this yet. I get hives every day of my life for at least two years and it is so annoying!! It is hard for me to concentrate on turbo tax when I cant stop scratching. I asked my doctor and he only said that I had high histamine levels. He scratched his arm and showed me how his arm stayed white while mine got red right away. What is interesting is this same doctor was in the hospital when I went in for my next checkup. He has some kind f infection that may end his career with only a one third chance for recovery so I guess I am indeed blessed!!! I had no idea that hives were a sign that my body was healing !!
Old 02-11-2009, 06:04 AM   #1539
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Maria527
Stats: 135/121/115
WOE: Primal/Paleo
Start Date: August 12, 2008
OK.. I'm ready to face the music here. Ahem... "My name is Maria and I have candida." There, I came out with it. Why was that so hard to say?

I've suspected it for a few months now. I did the spit test today and confirmed my suspicions.

Mercy, there sure is a lot of reading to do to understand how to treat this. I guess the main things are to cut out the dairy, cheese, vinegar, nuts, and mushrooms; in addition to the Atkins diet.

I do not think I can give up coffee. I wonder if that will be an issue.

Guess I'll make a peanut butter cheesecake for my BF and son to use up my peanut butter, cream cheese, and sour cream and get those out of the house.

I added a probiotic, grape seed extract, oil of oregano, coconut oil, and ACV. Not sure if it's overkill, but I took them all at once the past 2 mornings and a second dose Tuesday evening (but forgot a second does last night). Doing so has not made me ill (at least not yet).

I better start studying the candida threads to make sure I'm on the right track.

Maria

Last edited by Maria527; 02-11-2009 at 06:07 AM..
Old 02-11-2009, 06:05 AM   #1540
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Luck Maria.....You can do it
Old 02-11-2009, 06:28 AM   #1541
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: silverleaf
Stats: 256/246/155
WOE: atkins
Start Date: august 24, 2011
started Saturday taking CO, AVC, & biotin. I cut out all cheese. just eating meat veggies, butter, olive oil, and cant give up my one cup of coffee with a little cream and two drops of liquid splenda. My belly buttom rash is gone. I am down 3 lbs. feel great!! Tuesday night I got the worst vaginal yeast infection I have ever had. It came on just like that. Stayed up all night is was horrible. It went away Wednesday as quick as it came on. Thinking die-off. My tongue is covered in white & this morning I can see a little pink under the white. I have been oil pulling with co too. the you all for this thread!!!
Old 02-11-2009, 06:30 AM   #1542
Major LCF Poster!

Maria I know bee says to start off with EVCO when you can tolerate 6 Tbsp a day than add ooo or clove oil. Probiotics are the last thing you add. If you read her article overcoming candida it helps.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:19 AM   #1543
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon View Post
Maria I know bee says to start off with EVCO when you can tolerate 6 Tbsp a day than add ooo or clove oil. Probiotics are the last thing you add. If you read her article overcoming candida it helps.
Sorry, I'm new to all this. Who is Bee and where would I find the article? Also, I do not know what is "ooo?" Oh, yes I do. Is that oregano oil?

Six tablespoons of CO? Wow, that's like 700 calories!!! I know we're not supposed to worry about calories, but at my size/weight not sure I can tolerate that much. But I'm still in research mode, so I'm open to all information! Trying to sort this all out.

Thank you!
Old 02-11-2009, 01:51 PM   #1544
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Peacesoul
Stats: Coming up on 43yrs old...ekk!
WOE: smart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linny View Post
Peacesoul ~ how ya doing with your LD? I just got off ABX after being on a year for a very bad bout of chronic LD.
I'm doing much better. I did the abx for 5 months and realized I was hurting myself more than helping so I went the all natural route.
During this time, I started to work on getting my naturopathic certificate so I am taking what I'm learning and what I learned from my past experiences and got better.

I truly believe abx will not get rid of lyme.

Are you in remission? Are you taking any herbs?
Old 02-11-2009, 02:02 PM   #1545
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I'm doing much better. I did the abx for 5 months and realized I was hurting myself more than helping so I went the all natural route.
During this time, I started to work on getting my naturopathic certificate so I am taking what I'm learning and what I learned from my past experiences and got better.

I truly believe abx will not get rid of lyme.

Are you in remission? Are you taking any herbs?
Peacesoul - I know you from a health board I used to post on. I am BeeLyme there.

I am in remission right now....ended ABX treatment about 3 weeks ago and doing great. I went for a jog today and my feet and legs didn't hurt.

I pray I can stay this way.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:03 PM   #1546
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linny View Post
Peacesoul - I know you from a health board I used to post on. I am BeeLyme there.

I am in remission right now....ended ABX treatment about 3 weeks ago and doing great. I went for a jog today and my feet and legs didn't hurt.

I pray I can stay this way.
Ok, yeah, the nick is very familiar. Nice to see you here also

I'm so happy you're doing well Always great to hear that.
Keep up the healthy living and you don't ever have to go back there :-)
Old 02-11-2009, 03:31 PM   #1547
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MarcellaSF
Stats: Ugh/Better/Yay
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: Restart 5 June 2010
Maria, this might be useful:
The Anti-Candida Protocol Starting Point
Old 02-12-2009, 06:09 AM   #1548
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcellaSF View Post
Maria, this might be useful:
The Anti-Candida Protocol Starting Point
Thank you very much.

Maria
Old 02-13-2009, 05:23 AM   #1549
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry maria tend to forget about this forum. Bee is a lady who has a forum and a yahoo list about candida she used to work as an advisor on it (sorry cant remember the details of her work experience but they did sound rather good) How to Successfully Overcome Candida

The above is the article I mentioned you do have to scroll down a bit to get to the overcoming part and you can join her list and ask her questions personally. She does answer them. Hope this helps
Old 02-13-2009, 05:40 AM   #1550
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon View Post
Sorry maria tend to forget about this forum. Bee is a lady who has a forum and a yahoo list about candida she used to work as an advisor on it (sorry cant remember the details of her work experience but they did sound rather good) How to Successfully Overcome Candida

The above is the article I mentioned you do have to scroll down a bit to get to the overcoming part and you can join her list and ask her questions personally. She does answer them. Hope this helps
Thank you. This is very helpful!

Maria
Old 03-03-2009, 10:21 AM   #1551
Senior LCF Member

Went to the doctor today and tested POSITIVE for Strep throat. They gave me a Penicillan shot and I didn't argue.
I had been trying to knock it out - I thought it was sore throat due to allergies - with Oil of Oregano, but it was getting worse and the OoO didn't seem to be helping much anymore.
So, I've already had a BIG shot of antibiotics today and I also was prescribed a Z-pack. I guess I need to take it, as well. (sigh) All that work and progress on my yeast issues -- down the drain. Somewhat so, anyway. :-(

Well, let me ask you Ladies --- do you feel there is EVER a time to take antibiotics? I would have said "no" before this experience - but I'm SICK of having a sore throat, sooooo - I don't know.
What do you all think?
Old 03-03-2009, 10:48 AM   #1552
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shell91320
WOE: Induction/dreaming of OWL
Start Date: Nov 2004
I was wondering if ya'll would mind telling me what you do to protect your teeth when drinking ACV. Also, can taking ACV cause you to lose too much water since we lose water on Atkins anyway? Thanks!
Old 03-04-2009, 01:51 PM   #1553
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shell91320 View Post
I was wondering if ya'll would mind telling me what you do to protect your teeth when drinking ACV. Also, can taking ACV cause you to lose too much water since we lose water on Atkins anyway? Thanks!
down it in a shot glass with apple juice. It won't even tough your teeth
Old 03-04-2009, 01:53 PM   #1554
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Quote:
Went to the doctor today and tested POSITIVE for Strep throat. They gave me a Penicillan shot and I didn't argue.
I had been trying to knock it out - I thought it was sore throat due to allergies - with Oil of Oregano, but it was getting worse and the OoO didn't seem to be helping much anymore.
So, I've already had a BIG shot of antibiotics today and I also was prescribed a Z-pack. I guess I need to take it, as well. (sigh) All that work and progress on my yeast issues -- down the drain. Somewhat so, anyway. :-(

Well, let me ask you Ladies --- do you feel there is EVER a time to take antibiotics? I would have said "no" before this experience - but I'm SICK of having a sore throat, sooooo - I don't know.
What do you all think?
I think when you tried alternatives and you're not well, abx are fine.
I am ALL about 100% natural, but had to take 5 months of abx when I got lyme disease.

The only thing I'll suggest when taking abx is to make sure you're taking a GOOD cold source probiotic. Like 20 billion units a day.

Abx = yeast and possiblity of c diff.

Keep sugar at bay also
Old 03-06-2009, 02:21 PM   #1555
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I think when you tried alternatives and you're not well, abx are fine.
I am ALL about 100% natural, but had to take 5 months of abx when I got lyme disease.

The only thing I'll suggest when taking abx is to make sure you're taking a GOOD cold source probiotic. Like 20 billion units a day.

Abx = yeast and possiblity of c diff.

Keep sugar at bay also
Thanks. I ended up taking my round - almost finished. I am experiencing some yeast issues coming back, but I am so glad to be rid of the sore throat.

A couple of people in another yeast group I belong to said they thought I could have eventually killed the infection through natural means. (Oil of Oregano or Garlic) I just don't know. I was using alot of OoO, and it wasn't working. And the amount of garlic I would have needed would have probably bloated me to no end. So, I guess I did the right thing for me.

Keeping sugar at bay -- whoa - got a whole lot harder all of a sudden while taking the ABX. MAJOR CRAVINGS! And I have had some indulgences, :blush: :blush: :blush: but this is nothing I can't turn around. I'll be really glad when this is all over - both the sore throat AND the yeast flare.

What is "c diff?"
Old 03-07-2009, 05:59 PM   #1556
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LintAdversary
Stats: ~300/271.4/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: November 2008
This has been a very interesting thread for me. When I started Atkins in Nov 08 I had severe induction flu. I've always loved dairy products - could drink milk by the litre, have cheese breakfast lunch dinner. Right now in my fridge, I have 5 kinds of cheese. When I had to stop drinking milk for Atkins, I suddenly fell in love with mushrooms - although I'd never liked mushrooms before in my life. Now I'm wondering whether I Really like cheese, dairy and mushrooms, or whether I crave them because it's feeding candida.

I took the home saliva test this morning - had the strings, the floating particles, AND the stuff at the bottom of the glass. I'm definately going to be looking into this - would certainly explain a few things including a long-standing itchy scalp problem.

Just a question of clarification - is it just milk and aged cheeses that feed candida, or do sour cream, cream cheese and heavy cream also exacerbate the problem?

Thanks.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:51 PM   #1557
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bhambabe
Stats: R4P3 91 pounds released
WOE: Dr. Simeon's Protocol HHCG
Start Date: Started 7/21/09
This is a good plan for the diet .

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ne...reply&t=575750

Janeann
Old 03-08-2009, 05:34 PM   #1558
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JoSkids
[/B][/COLOR][COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]I did it! I made it throught all 32 pages

I know I have candida but not as severly as most. The last time I did Atkins, I broke out in a rash/hives under my arms - even went to the doctor about it (which is so unlike me) of course, they were as perplexed as I was. So when they couldn't come up with any answers, I figured it must be food related - at the time, I was on a cream cheese wrapped salami kick - YUM! I decided that that had to be the cause. I stopped eating it and the rash diminished. But the minute I had salami I would immediately develop hives. Other processed meats will do the same thing as well as overdoing black tea.

So here are the questions that I have. Prior to the rash incident, I am not aware of any yeast related symptoms. So I had been LC for a while before I developed it - would what I had been "overgrowth"? Die off would have the same symptoms correct?

Well, this time around I have been doing a little bit of the yo-yo thing. Lose 2 lbs, gain 2lbs, etc, etc, etc. So I am thinking this difficulty must have something to do with the yeastie beasties - broke out with a mild rash so I know they are messin' with me - oh yeah and a slight, yeast infection of the female variety

After reading this thread, I did it, went to Whole Paycheck and believe me, I spent a small fortune on a little tiny bag of products (coconut oil, xylitol [COLOR="MediumTurquoise"] (don't get all excited there, Fawn, I am still having my diet coke, but not a whole lot) [/COLOR], probiotics & green tea so that I can cut my black tea a bit with the green). I immediately started doing the coconut oil in my tea that night. Then morning and evening since last Thursday (approx 2T/day - Sometimes a little more) Well, within 2 days, I had dropped that 2lbs that have been teasing me for the past couple of weeks and have actually kept them off - hopefully will see some loss this week. But other than that - not a whole lot of die off.

I should also mention that I feel like I have had something going on with my feet/toes - always moist & odor - not sure if it was athletes foot, but it was annoying - now it feels like they are usually dry and the "moist"/odor issue is clearing up & I my yeast infection is over.

So I am wondering - since I am not having any die off symptoms (at least as not severe as some people that I have read on this thread) Do you think it is doing anything as far as the candida is concerned - guess, I shouldn't worry too much considering the main idea to start this in the first place has to do with the weight and that has seemed to be affected.

At this point I am only doing CO, should I add ACV? I figure I will wait on the probiotics for a bit more...

Thanks for this thread, it is a wealth of information & fortunately for you guys, not every doctor I see (with conflicting information) is the best doctor's advice I ever had. As a matter of fact, more has been said here that makes sense than any doctor that I have visited concerning skin issues.

Actually turns out that my daughter came down with hives in Hawaii last year and we ended up at urgent care and of course, they were stymied. The steroid cream helped a bit, but it didn't clear anything up so using deductive reasoning, I came up with a nut reaction (having chocolate covered macadamia nuts for breakfast lunch and dinner can do that to you, you know ) and once she stopped eating them and it was out of her system (not nuts at all for 2 weeks) she was over her hives. She now eats PB with no problem and will probably eat choco macadamians when we are in Hawaii in April, but not in the quantities that she did last summer

[/COLOR]

[COLOR="darkorange"]Ok sorry to have talked your ears off - see you around the list...[/COLOR]

If hunger is not the problem, food is not the answer!

Be Prepared - It's not just a Boy Scout motto anymore!

If anyone doesn't think their plan is the best; they should probably be looking for a new plan. - Jezzie
Old 03-08-2009, 08:30 PM   #1559
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JoSkids
[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]ok, nother question.

I have no intention of giving up CO, but I am really enjoying coconut milk. Does coconut milk have any benefit in fighting candida?
[/COLOR]
Old 03-09-2009, 05:16 AM   #1560
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoSkids View Post
[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]ok, nother question.

I have no intention of giving up CO, but I am really enjoying coconut milk. Does coconut milk have any benefit in fighting candida?
[/COLOR]
Read post #6 ---------> http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...s-coconut.html

Another on the subject --------> Re: Is coconut milk as effective as coconut oil in ridding candida? Thanks at Candida Support Forum

This may help answer you also --------> The Coconut Diet™ - Candida
Closed Thread