Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Candida and Yeast
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2009, 11:41 AM   #1501
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ceccarp
Stats: 401/365/200 Saw dr on 1/15/09 & back to 400 ugh!
WOE: Anti-candida
Start Date: 12/31/2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy_de_Alabama View Post
How do children do with Oregano Oil? I just ordered some for myself, and wondered if my son would take it. My kids are 16 and 6, girl and boy, and they both have signs of Candida. I cannot do a thing about the 16yo's diet, and I'm beginning to think I have no control over the 6yo's either. It's frustrating. I have him off all real sugar and planned to slowly take him off fake sugars next, but he gets things at school and sneaks food - I really don't know what I can do. He has skin problems and bowel problems. My daughter has severe eczema (sp?). Neither one will THINK about ingesting CO - I have tried several preparations/recipes, as well as plain, and they just hate the taste of it. I know I should and will keep working on both kids' diets. One good thing is they eat what I eat for dinner. So, at least there's that.

But back to where I started out: If I give my son a couple of drops of OO in his water each day, will it help him? Do you think he might take it? Does it taste bad?
[COLOR="Purple"]I need to preface this by saying I don't have any kids of my own, but with 7 nieces, 1 nephew, a baby brother 30 years younger than me, and living with a girlfriend who has 2 kid who are very picky eaters, I have been around enough kids to know that if something's not right in their food THEY WILL NOTICE. And your son will notice if you put the OofO in his water. Not so much the taste but the smell. The smell of OofO is that strong. How about, instead, putting a few drops on his food, especially if there is the mixture of smells from the food. You could do that for your daughter, too.

I just had an idea that may work. If you make salads for dinner you could make your own dressing. ACV, EVOO, some dried herbs and some OofO. That way they'll just think it's suppose to smell that way.

Can you talk to the school and let them know that because of your sons health problems you're changing his diet? Then tell them that the only foods and drinks he can have are the items you send with him. Does he have mood swings? If so, you could embellish what you tell the school by saying that if he does eat or drink anything you don't send in his lunch box that he will have mood swings, possibly "severe" ones, which could cause behavioural problems. Most teachers hate kids with behavioural problems. And embellishing the truth is not lying when there Is a grain of truth in it.

As far as hating the taste of the CO, I'm inclined to think that, unless they don't like coconut, especially coconut candies like Mounds and Almond Joy, it's just the mere thought of eating an oil from coconuts that turns them off more than anything else. And if the 16-year-old "thinks" she doesn't like it, then the 6-year-old won't either. Kind of a monkey see, monkey do kind of thing.

I don't know what you've done for your daughter's eczema, but here's another thought. You don't say where on her body it is, so I'm presuming it's on one of her extremities. Then I suggest taking the CO and mixing it with another lotion, one that won't exacerbate the eczema, and telling her you found this new cream for it so let's try it for a week and see how it works. If it's on her scalp you can always tell her you found something to make her hair look healthier. (And CO does make it look healthier. I have a friend who uses it on her colour treated hair all the time. It looks less brittle.) And I know girls always want their hair to look great. Just make sure you really rub it into her scalp when you put it on her hair. Sometimes parents have to be sneaky to get things past kids, even ones that think they're so sophisticated, like 16-year-old girls.[/COLOR]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...G2D/weight.png

Last edited by ceccarp; 01-29-2009 at 12:03 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2009, 12:15 PM   #1502
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kathy_de_Alabama
Stats: 242/205/155
WOE: ZERO CARB
Thank you so much for all the great ideas! I'm going to definitely try that salad dressing.

My daughters ecezema is on her hands, inside of her elbows, underarms, forearms -- yeah, 'extremeties' is a good word for it. She's had it many years.

Oh, you nailed her! "thinks she so sophisticated" oh yeah! That's her.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:40 PM   #1503
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Margot 65
DD6 gets excema in all those places when she has any form of oats. I was lucky she broke out the very fist time she ever had oat cereal when she was 6 months old so I never had to eliminate. (she is also allergic to oat topically and perfumes and color)

I have a picture to remind me as we had pictures taken that afternoon. Funny though she never again got it on her face though!

We have other issues too with sunflower oil, that one was a PITA to pinpoint. And I know now there is a difference in the rashes between those 2 and the one she gets from strawberries so I can always tell what she ate that she shouldn't.

I would really try an elimination diet to find out what is causing it... IMO if it is bad enough to wreak havoc on the outside I can only imagine what it is doing on the inside.

DD6 is grain free now... there is no other way to be 100% sure.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:40 PM   #1504
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thank you so much for all the great ideas! I'm going to definitely try that salad dressing.

My daughters ecezema is on her hands, inside of her elbows, underarms, forearms -- yeah, 'extremeties' is a good word for it. She's had it many years.

Oh, you nailed her! "thinks she so sophisticated" oh yeah! That's her.
[COLOR="Purple"]Yeah, I use to have a store that catered to a lot of kids and I've seen my share of teenage girls that were "too cool for the room"! Be patient... Somewhere between 18 and 25 she'll finally figure out that mom wasn't as dumb as she thought.[/COLOR]
Old 01-29-2009, 02:47 PM   #1505
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margot 65 View Post
DD6 gets excema in all those places when she has any form of oats. I was lucky she broke out the very fist time she ever had oat cereal when she was 6 months old so I never had to eliminate. (she is also allergic to oat topically and perfumes and color)

I have a picture to remind me as we had pictures taken that afternoon. Funny though she never again got it on her face though!

OH my that is a great picture - even with the eczema. It only looks like she has rosy cheecks if you don't know!!

When she was younger, we did some eliminations and she does not drink milk. But, at this age, I can only encourage - there is no control. Alot of her meals right now are out with friends. (She manages the basketball team and the kids grab ff after each practice and game.) I could MAKE her eat right and eat only at home, but she would then sneak off and eat what she wants. (sigh)

Last edited by Kathy_de_Alabama; 01-29-2009 at 02:50 PM..
Old 01-29-2009, 02:54 PM   #1506
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceccarp View Post
[COLOR="Purple"]Yeah, I use to have a store that catered to a lot of kids and I've seen my share of teenage girls that were "too cool for the room"! Be patient... Somewhere between 18 and 25 she'll finally figure out that mom wasn't as dumb as she thought.[/COLOR]
Oh yes, I am dumb. Not only that but I'm "ruining her life!!"
Old 01-29-2009, 03:03 PM   #1507
Senior LCF Member

[COLOR="Purple"]Oh, Kathy, one thing to keep in mind when talking to the school. Make sure they actually give a care about what you say concerning your son. Reason being, I have a friend who has 3 daughters and her oldest is very allergic to certain food additives and has problems with sugar and wheat products. If she does have any foods with them in it she becomes a "deamon spawn of hell". (I say candida but she doesn't want to hear it. I'm not a doctor.) Anyway, she told the school about this and that her daughter needed to be watched to make sure she would only eat those foods on her eating plan. So what did the school do? They ignored her and then got all over her case because she dared to send a hyperactive child to their school. Her teacher even stood in the lunch line and watched as the girl took foods she wasn't suppose to have and then wondered why she acted the way she did after lunch. So my friend took her daughter out of school and is home-schooling her. And she will probably do the same for her other 2 daughters. [/COLOR]

Last edited by ceccarp; 01-29-2009 at 03:19 PM..
Old 01-29-2009, 03:17 PM   #1508
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh yes, I am dumb. Not only that but I'm "ruining her life!!"
[COLOR="Purple"] Yeah, gone are the days when children could be locked in their rooms for talking back to their parents. Another friend once postulated that children should be locked in cages until they were 30. Not really doable with the need for socialization and such, and then there is the thing about cruel and unusual punishment, but as I get older I understand more and more what she meant. I must say, there are times with some kids when I wished it were possible. I'm not really a mean person, I just like my quiet time.[/COLOR]
Old 02-03-2009, 02:02 AM   #1509
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: girl81
Stats: past/100/healthy
WOE: unprocessed
Quote:
Originally Posted by willBfit View Post
The colonic I had done cost $75 and I had to drive into a larger town to have it done. I just researched colonics on the internet until I found someone nearby who did it. It wasn't what I expected and it was much less embarrassing than I thought it would be. I did it because of chronic constipation and a long standing history of bowel problems but I really think it is helping my yeast problem also.
Jaime,
Did the colonics fix your constipation problems?
Old 02-03-2009, 10:53 AM   #1510
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
[COLOR="Purple"]Oh, Kathy, one thing to keep in mind when talking to the school. Make sure they actually give a care about what you say concerning your son. Reason being, I have a friend who has 3 daughters and her oldest is very allergic to certain food additives and has problems with sugar and wheat products. If she does have any foods with them in it she becomes a "deamon spawn of hell". (I say candida but she doesn't want to hear it. I'm not a doctor.) Anyway, she told the school about this and that her daughter needed to be watched to make sure she would only eat those foods on her eating plan. So what did the school do? They ignored her and then got all over her case because she dared to send a hyperactive child to their school. Her teacher even stood in the lunch line and watched as the girl took foods she wasn't suppose to have and then wondered why she acted the way she did after lunch. So my friend took her daughter out of school and is home-schooling her. And she will probably do the same for her other 2 daughters. [/COLOR]
Yes, I have already had problems with his school and have similar stories. I tried to pack his lunch for a while, but he would get food from other kids and/or go ahead and buy his lunch anyway, and I eventually gave up. I did have "NO CHOCOLATE MILK" put on his lunch account so that the lunch-lady sees it as he goes through the line. I didn't think that was working, because it took them a long time to even notice the note on the account. But, evidently they have now b/c my son has been asked to put his chocolate milk back. All it took was once, and now he is too embarassed to try it again. So, that's a small battle won. But he still gets desserts and such there at school. Cookies at Sunday School, Cake at parties, Fruit juice at after-school-care, etc. People, in general, just don't understand. :-(

Quote:
[COLOR="Purple"] Yeah, gone are the days when children could be locked in their rooms for talking back to their parents. Another friend once postulated that children should be locked in cages until they were 30. Not really doable with the need for socialization and such, and then there is the thing about cruel and unusual punishment, but as I get older I understand more and more what she meant. I must say, there are times with some kids when I wished it were possible. I'm not really a mean person, I just like my quiet time.[/COLOR]
LOL!! What's quiet time?

Oh, she is a talker-backer EXTREME. But, she's a pretty good kid to other adults. I guess she's figured out that she has to impress teachers, neighbors, Church people, etc., but Mom can see her ugly side and still love her. Well, and I guess she's right, too....
Old 02-03-2009, 10:56 AM   #1511
Senior LCF Member

I got my Oil of Oregano!!! I really don't mind the taste. Straight on the tongue, it kinda burns, but it doesn't bother me too badly.
I've been putting it in my water so that my intake of it is spread out alittle more over a day's time. But all the references seem to say to mix it with another oil. Does anyone see any problem with me putting it in water instead?
Old 02-04-2009, 03:50 AM   #1512
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
I got my Oil of Oregano!!! I really don't mind the taste. Straight on the tongue, it kinda burns, but it doesn't bother me too badly.
I've been putting it in my water so that my intake of it is spread out alittle more over a day's time. But all the references seem to say to mix it with another oil. Does anyone see any problem with me putting it in water instead?
I don't see any problem with doing it that way. That is the way that I did it.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:45 AM   #1513
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
I don't see any problem with doing it that way. That is the way that I did it.
Tooter, did you find it did everything the references say it will do? I am getting so excited, as I read about it and take it often and think about all it might do for me (clear up acne, reduce Candida, heal the urinary tract, etc.)!!! I fear I could be in for a let-down, but it's worth the risk, huh?

I know I got a good brand, but I read the label today and it has Olive Oil in it already. So, maybe I don't mind the taste b/c it's not 100%. I have started putting it under my tongue and chasing it with water.

So far, no die off to speak off. And I'm increasing rapidly, so I'm alittle concerned about the purity, but it's 85% carvacrol minimum.

I'm rambling on and on, I realize. I think I'm just excited to be trying this!

Last edited by Kathy_de_Alabama; 02-04-2009 at 07:47 AM..
Old 02-04-2009, 08:12 AM   #1514
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Peacesoul
Stats: Coming up on 43yrs old...ekk!
WOE: smart
this is one longggggggggg thread, but lots of good info.

Tooter (love the nick) you may have mentioned it already, but I'll ask again. Why were you on abx for 2 yrs?

I took abx for months due to lyme disease but was on a good anti yeast diet before that.
I'm a huge advocate and very knowledgable about candida and this is a GREAT thread!

I'm hooked and will keep reading
Old 02-04-2009, 08:16 AM   #1515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacesoul View Post
this is one longggggggggg thread, but lots of good info.

Tooter (love the nick) you may have mentioned it already, but I'll ask again. Why were you on abx for 2 yrs?

I took abx for months due to lyme disease but was on a good anti yeast diet before that.
I'm a huge advocate and very knowledgable about candida and this is a GREAT thread!

I'm hooked and will keep reading
I was on it as a Teen for Acne. Can you believe it?!!??!!!
Old 02-04-2009, 08:24 AM   #1516

Quote:
Tooter, did you find it did everything the references say it will do? I am getting so excited, as I read about it and take it often and think about all it might do for me (clear up acne, reduce Candida, heal the urinary tract, etc.)!!! I fear I could be in for a let-down, but it's worth the risk, huh?

I know I got a good brand, but I read the label today and it has Olive Oil in it already. So, maybe I don't mind the taste b/c it's not 100%. I have started putting it under my tongue and chasing it with water.

So far, no die off to speak off. And I'm increasing rapidly, so I'm alittle concerned about the purity, but it's 85% carvacrol minimum.

I'm rambling on and on, I realize. I think I'm just excited to be trying this!
Everything? No, but it did do a lot more for me then the other antifungals. Some people swear by GSE, but that really felt like a Placebo to me. I also think that everyone is different and has different diet related diseases, so some anti-fungals work better for some then for others.

Just do what you are doing and see how your body reacts to it.

I have my fingers crossed for ya!

Oh and yours sounds just like the type that I used.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:53 PM   #1517
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Peacesoul
Stats: Coming up on 43yrs old...ekk!
WOE: smart
Quote:
I was on it as a Teen for Acne. Can you believe it?!!??!!!
It does amaze me that dr's will freely give out abx for acne.
clear up one issue and create a whole other issue.

Dr's are lost!

GSE does work for many people. I've never had to try it.
I've been taking a great herbal capsule from a Montreal company that has 4 diff herbs in it. I initially took it for other issues and realized it was killing all my yeast.

I don't think they sell this anywhere else outside my city though.

These are the Ingredients
Cinnamomum verum, Eugenia caryophyllus, Origanum compactum, Thymus vulgaris C.T. thymol

It has worked wonders for me.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:53 AM   #1518
Senior LCF Member

Today will be my third day on OoO, and I think I am finally experiencing some die-off or re-tracing. I AM SO TIRED!! And cranky! And have a cold - which is not real typical for me. Whenever I'm doing LC, colds and such are usually lessened. Anyway and also, last night, I swear, I had the ODDEST sensation before I went to sleep. I felt just like something was poking or kicking me from the inside outward!! Oh, I can't describe it. (before anyone asks, no way i could be pg - tubes tied) So, this was highly wierd. I'm also trying to quit Commit Lozenges - ugh - hard (I've been on them for 2 years!) -- but they are feeding the yeast also with the artificial sweeters in them -- so it could have been withdrawals, but I doubt it. I think it was all part of die-off from the OoO. What do you all think?
Old 02-05-2009, 06:56 AM   #1519

Kathy, it sounds like die off and re-tracing.

Hang in there, hun.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:08 AM   #1520
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Kathy, it sounds like die off and re-tracing.

Hang in there, hun.
Hi Tooter!
Well, if it is - that's good!!!
I guess. Sort of - b/c it means the OoO is actually doing something for me. That's great!

I just wish I could wake up today and not be dragging so badly. Ugh. It's still morning, and there's a LONG way to go til bedtime tonight.

But I can handle this! No problem!! It's working!!
Old 02-05-2009, 07:17 AM   #1521

It does mean it's working. That's what it did for me...Then I experienced feeling good....Then comes another "bout" again.

Remember, it doesn't go away over night. It's like you go UP and then you come down...Then UP ...then down again. As you get closer to healing...things start to even out.

Keep your eye on the prize. You are doing well.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:30 AM   #1522
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: princess_tonya
WOE: Anti-Candida and Whole Foods
Start Date: January, 2009
I've been taking OoO capsules and it doesn't seem to me that they are doing anything. I've been expecting die off or something, but I don't feel much different than before I added them in. Should I try the actual oil??? I hate to spend the money on it, because if it's gross I won't use it. I'm a wimp like that. What's a good concentration of OoO in the capsule. Maybe they just aren't very strong and I should take more???
Old 02-05-2009, 07:33 AM   #1523
Senior LCF Member

Another question- Does using coconut oil on your face give more breakouts or does it help clear them up??? I never had breakouts in high school, just one or two pimples. But since I was about 21 I started getting breakouts really bad. I've tried everything on the market, I refuse to go on antibiotics for it. They aren't as bad as they used to be, but I feel I'm getting too old to still have to be dealing with it.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:55 AM   #1524
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_tonya View Post
I've been taking OoO capsules and it doesn't seem to me that they are doing anything. I've been expecting die off or something, but I don't feel much different than before I added them in. Should I try the actual oil??? I hate to spend the money on it, because if it's gross I won't use it. I'm a wimp like that. What's a good concentration of OoO in the capsule. Maybe they just aren't very strong and I should take more???
What I've heard is that 75% or more of the carvacrol is a good OoO.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:58 AM   #1525
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Another question- Does using coconut oil on your face give more breakouts or does it help clear them up??? I never had breakouts in high school, just one or two pimples. But since I was about 21 I started getting breakouts really bad. I've tried everything on the market, I refuse to go on antibiotics for it. They aren't as bad as they used to be, but I feel I'm getting too old to still have to be dealing with it.
I used CO on my face for a while, and it did seem to help. S-L-O-W-L-Y. Once, I got low on CO, and stopped all my topical applications so that I could save what was left for consumption. When I got more CO, I didn't go back to applying it on my face -- I don't really know why.

I guess the short answer is that it helps, but if you go by my experience, don't expect miracles.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:04 AM   #1526
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I used CO on my face for a while, and it did seem to help. S-L-O-W-L-Y. Once, I got low on CO, and stopped all my topical applications so that I could save what was left for consumption. When I got more CO, I didn't go back to applying it on my face -- I don't really know why.

I guess the short answer is that it helps, but if you go by my experience, don't expect miracles.
Thank You. I'll try it and see what it does. Every little bit helps I guess. I have a jar that is pretty much empty, I guess I'll move it up to my bathroom.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:11 AM   #1527
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
It does mean it's working. That's what it did for me...Then I experienced feeling good....Then comes another "bout" again.

Remember, it doesn't go away over night. It's like you go UP and then you come down...Then UP ...then down again. As you get closer to healing...things start to even out.

Keep your eye on the prize. You are doing well.
Thanks, Tooter. I felt really good yesterday, and I wondered, yesterday, if the OoO was already helping. So, feeling so tired today, I guess the rollar coaster began immediately.

That's OK. I was fore-warned. I'm willing to do what I have to do to get well. (even if I don't act like it sometimes in my eating. ) So, I'll get through this fine!!! Thanks for letting me know what to expect.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:25 PM   #1528
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MarcellaSF
Stats: Ugh/Better/Yay
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: Restart 5 June 2010
Quote:
My face has been breaking out for a long time (since before LC), and I tried putting the CO on it, since other people reported good results. It didn't seem to help, and then I ended up not using any CO (ingested or on my skin) or ACV during most of January, and my face cleared up. I added the ACV back in with no change, and then started eating CO about 10 days ago, and it's now breaking out again. Frustrating! I will stop the CO again for awhile to see if it clears up again.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:49 AM   #1529

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcellaSF View Post
My face has been breaking out for a long time (since before LC), and I tried putting the CO on it, since other people reported good results. It didn't seem to help, and then I ended up not using any CO (ingested or on my skin) or ACV during most of January, and my face cleared up. I added the ACV back in with no change, and then started eating CO about 10 days ago, and it's now breaking out again. Frustrating! I will stop the CO again for awhile to see if it clears up again.
That can be a sign of "die off" and that toxins are leaving your body.

When I first started using Coconut oil on my skin, I broke out in little white bumps. Because I had done my "reading", I knew that this was a form of "Die off", Toxins being released in the skin. I waited through it. After a couple of weeks, my face had never been so clear. I don't have problems with "break out".

A lot of people will try coconut oil on their skin, expecting instant results. They tend to forget that there is bacteria on your skin and that Coconut oil is an anti-fungal. It only makes sense.

The same thing with ingesting it. Remember, things get worse, before they get better.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:29 AM   #1530
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MarcellaSF
Stats: Ugh/Better/Yay
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: Restart 5 June 2010
Yeah, the only thing is that it was breaking out before I had the CO too. It's been breaking out for several years. I took the CO and ACV and pau d'arco and all that for weeks and didn't notice any change in the breakouts, for the better or worse. I do want to continue with CO for its other benefits, but I am curious to see whether if I stop it for awhile my face will clear up.
Closed Thread