Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2008, 08:33 AM   #121
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by fawn View Post
Good point prozak. I must confess, this was one of my first symptoms of yeast. TMI but want you to know you're all normal! (those with "the itch you know where")

Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2008, 08:34 AM   #122

Gallery: fawn
Are YOU laughing at my itchy anus? YOU with the nickname TOOTER???
Old 09-17-2008, 08:35 AM   #123

Quote:
Ok, I almost peed my pants!
Old 09-17-2008, 08:51 AM   #124
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: anniemo
WOE: whole organic lc
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin4 View Post
Thanks for the link, it was very helpful.
I wish my Dr would have told me to treat for yeast while taking the meds. She didn't, she only mentioned that this would most likely happen. I just thought it would go a way on its own. I had no idea that I had to watch what I ate at the time or that it would build up to toxic levels in my body. She did ask often if carbs were making me feel worse, but offered no solution.

Could you please explain what it is that you do and do not do while taking your meds.

Thanks, Kristin
if i know ahead of time that i'm going to be on steroids i take prebiotics. while i'm on the meds i take probiotics and continue after i'm done with my round to repair my gut flora. i always take nutiva coconut oil and acv but up my doses when i'm being medicated.

i usually eat pretty clean anyway, but when i'm medicated i cut down on cheese and wine and anything foods that encourage yeast. i never eat peanuts or peanut butter because my body has a very hard time digesting legumes.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:57 AM   #125

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
Very true.

Prozak, another thought here... I wonder...If the people who do VERY low carb (like in the 0 carb thread) have more of an issue with Candida then others? They feel better and lose better when they are very stict with their carbs.

One of those RANDOM thoughts I have.

I know, in that thread, they have gotten some flack from people saying they should go up the carb ladder etc... But I have been there and done that in maintenance and it Didn't work for me (going up the ladder).

I also did not feel as well as I do when my carbs are lower. It's like I slowly started going backwards. It didn't happen over night and when I realized what was happening, I went back to being strict, because I "felt" better that way.

Any thoughts?
This is addressed a bit in "The Diet Cure" by Julia Ross. As soon as those with yeast problems eat a trigger food that sets off a reaction in the body-sometimes mistaken for food allergies or intolerances such as wheat. Kill off the yeast and some are able to eat things again such as wheat or fruit.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:08 AM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Margot 65
Quote:
Prozak, another thought here... I wonder...If the people who do VERY low carb (like in the 0 carb thread) have more of an issue with Candida then others? [COLOR="Red"]They feel better and lose better when they are very stict with their carbs.[/COLOR]

One of those RANDOM thoughts I have.

I know, in that thread, they have gotten some flack from people saying they should go up the carb ladder etc... But I have been there and done that in maintenance and it [COLOR="Red"]Didn't work for me (going up the ladder).[/COLOR]

I also did not feel as well as I do when my carbs are lower. It's like I slowly started going backwards. It didn't happen over night and when I realized what was happening, I went back to being strict, because I "felt" better that way.

Any thoughts?
Oooooooooooh, you could be on to something... this is me to a T!

I tried adding back carbs by-the-book and like you said it was like I was going backwards... even an extra cup of broccoli would have me crawling the walls with cravings. It was just so not worth it.

My Mom pretty much had a running prescription of antib's for me as a kid.. I had my tonsils out at age 6 and then every other infection (ears.. throat.. you name it) 3-4x a years until I was a teen. Not to mention the antibiotic IV's I had over the years dealing with abscesses under my arms.

Plus birth control on and off for a few years, thankfully they made me feel like crap so I wasn't on them forever...

Oh and my fair share of drinking (a LOT of beer...) until about 10 years ago.. the hangovers killed that fun for me (oooooooooooh, hangovers.... maybe another connection??) I do not drink BECAUSE of the hangovers, otherwise I would indulge now and then.

Yeast has definitely been a huge issue for me... so I am going to be adamant about an AVC/CO regime plus probiotics for a very.long.time.

Quote:
Old 09-17-2008, 09:09 AM   #127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisabinil View Post
This is addressed a bit in "The Diet Cure" by Julia Ross. As soon as those with yeast problems eat a trigger food that sets off a reaction in the body-sometimes mistaken for food allergies or intolerances such as wheat. Kill off the yeast and some are able to eat things again such as wheat or fruit.
I am so all over that book.. ordering it now! Thanks lisa
Old 09-17-2008, 09:15 AM   #128

Gallery: wannabeslim4life
Stats: 177/163/120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prozak View Post
I am so all over that book.. ordering it now! Thanks lisa
Me to only 2 dollars and some change!
Old 09-17-2008, 09:30 AM   #129

I have got to get that book too!!!
Old 09-17-2008, 09:33 AM   #130

Quote:
Oooooooooooh, you could be on to something... this is me to a T!

I tried adding back carbs by-the-book and like you said it was like I was going backwards... even an extra cup of broccoli would have me crawling the walls with cravings. It was just so not worth it.

My Mom pretty much had a running prescription of antib's for me as a kid.. I had my tonsils out at age 6 and then every other infection (ears.. throat.. you name it) 3-4x a years until I was a teen. Not to mention the antibiotic IV's I had over the years dealing with abscesses under my arms.

Plus birth control on and off for a few years, thankfully they made me feel like crap so I wasn't on them forever...

Oh and my fair share of drinking (a LOT of beer...) until about 10 years ago.. the hangovers killed that fun for me (oooooooooooh, hangovers.... maybe another connection??) I do not drink BECAUSE of the hangovers, otherwise I would indulge now and then.

Yeast has definitely been a huge issue for me... so I am going to be adamant about an AVC/CO regime plus probiotics for a very.long.time.

I don't drink any more either. Yeah, the hang overs were bad and I would have hang overs (with yeast) without drinking at all.

Did you know there is a connection between Alcoholism and Yeast/Candida?

Yep! Thank goodness we don't drink, eh?
Old 09-17-2008, 09:34 AM   #131
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: anniemo
WOE: whole organic lc
i've been wanting that book for a long time and just ordered it. i can't think of a better way to spend a gift certificate!
Old 09-17-2008, 09:39 AM   #132
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Livywilltim-mom
Stats: 208/Jan 14/183/110
WOE: LC
Start Date: February 9, 2014
Wow, I have learned so much...and am incorporating some new things. This thread has finally helped me put 2 and 2 together regarding some of my skin issues...WOW!

Thanks to everyone for your insight and contributions.

I want to add that I am making an ACV concoction that I drink throughout the day at work. It is a 34 oz container that I fill with 30 oz of water, 2 oz of Braggs ACV and 4C iced tea packet...I know, I know...get off the splenda woman...BUT I really enjoy this combination.

Fawn...forgive me this day my daily splenda...and my itchy butt

Peace Mimi, we miss you
Old 09-17-2008, 09:46 AM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: duece49424
Stats: 230 start 3/16/10..lifetime goal 150
WOE: low carb/healthylifestyle - struggling with binges
You are soooo entertaining! I'm laughing so hard, but at the same time laughing cause I'm also learning. So much of what you all said is me exactly....WOW! What a connection on this thread - thanks to Tooter (however you got your name....
Lis - I'm getting the book - more reading to do!
Fawn - I don't know what to say now .... guess I'm getting to know you on a real personal basis....
Prozak and the rest of you....We are all on to something - that's for sure..I'm excited to find a cure!
Old 09-17-2008, 09:54 AM   #134

As far as sweeteners, Xylitol is low carb and is actually a sweetener that helps inhibit yeast. I learned that from Prozak on another thread, then looked it up in a search.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:56 AM   #135
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rockgal
Oh my gosh, I've been reading this thread during lunch yesterday and today, and I am pretty convinced this is the problem that is causing the rash that WILL NOT go away on my body - it is not just in any one place but is particularly bad on my legs and stomach - and it has been there for 5 YEARS! I thought it had something to do with some weird microorganism that got into my body somehow right after we had the pool put in, but then I got to thinking - it started up shortly after my appendix burst and got really infected and I was in the hospital for 5 days being pumped full of high-powered antibiotics 24/7. Plus, I was a big drinker back then too make matters worse.

You have no idea (or maybe you do) of how frustrating this has been. This rash is so bad that I refuse to wear shorts in the summer and I slink around in embarrassment when I get in my own pool. I've been to 4 dermatologists, had it scraped and biopsied, but no one can tell me what it is.

I just ordered the probiotic lisabinl is taking and am going to start the CO too. I will try anything - I am desperate at this point!!!!

Keepin' it real.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:02 AM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockgal View Post
Oh my gosh, I've been reading this thread during lunch yesterday and today, and I am pretty convinced this is the problem that is causing the rash that WILL NOT go away on my body - it is not just in any one place but is particularly bad on my legs and stomach - and it has been there for 5 YEARS! I thought it had something to do with some weird microorganism that got into my body somehow right after we had the pool put in, but then I got to thinking - it started up shortly after my appendix burst and got really infected and I was in the hospital for 5 days being pumped full of high-powered antibiotics 24/7. Plus, I was a big drinker back then too make matters worse.

You have no idea (or maybe you do) of how frustrating this has been. This rash is so bad that I refuse to wear shorts in the summer and I slink around in embarrassment when I get in my own pool. I've been to 4 dermatologists, had it scraped and biopsied, but no one can tell me what it is.

I just ordered the probiotic lisabinl is taking and am going to start the CO too. I will try anything - I am desperate at this point!!!!

Most Doctors Don't know what it is and don't put it all "Together". They tend to give you more meds that make it worse or give you other symptoms of yeast. BTDT.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:15 AM   #137
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

rockgal, if you google image search for 'yeast rash' you might find yours in there....

also, re: swimming pools

the chlorine in them will kill all the natural flora on our skin, leaving them more susceptible to yeast/candida and any other infections.

I recommend a good rinse and a light coating of coconut oil after every swim.....

This really is all coming together, thanks for the thread Toot
Old 09-17-2008, 10:28 AM   #138
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: stephster0203
Stats: 224/182/140
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 1-17-08
I just finished reading the whole thread and am sitting here with STUPID written across my face. I started LCing in January after being diagnosed with yeast overgrowth (yes, by my actual doctor!) and taking diflucan. I have since lost 46 lbs. and have gained much control over my digestion and blood sugar issues. For the last month of so I have been struggling to stay on my plan and have lost the same 3 lbs. over and over and over. I got a good smack of reality reading here and realized that I believe I have let my yeast issues get the best of me again. I don't have the diarrhea still, but I have had yeast rashes a few times lately. I have had migraine-type headaches, fatigue, mood swings, my breasts ache (which was happening before) and water retention. I think I may be on to something. I havent used CO for a few months. I guess I just thought I had it under control and slacked off. Now the question is, where do I start again. Definitely will grab some CO tonight on the way home from work. What else do you all suggest?
Old 09-17-2008, 10:39 AM   #139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

steph you are me I got lazy and cocky about my 'yeast' issues, and just thought because I was eating super low carb the yeast had too be gone.

I actually think the yeast strain I have actually just became stronger! This is why we really need to keep it up (the regime) as well.

DO grab some good (virgin or extra virgin is better..) CO and some Apple Cider Vinegar as well as a good probiotic (Udo's makes a good one, it should be in the cooler at the store..)

There are other things like caprylic acid, but the Coconut Oil has that so you should be OK if you are eating CO.

Start out slow with the oil, and work you r way up to at least 3.5-4TBS throughout the day.. the ACV you may need to acquire a taste for, but it does get better if you keep at it.

The ACV MUST be unpasteurized and unfiltered.. it will have some gross looking floaties in it, but that is what we want. Try to take 2-3TB a day in some water or chug it back if you can stand it.

Last edited by Margot 65; 09-17-2008 at 10:40 AM..
Old 09-17-2008, 10:51 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kristin4
Stats: 260.8 /233/ 150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 8/9/08
Quote:
steph you are me I got lazy and cocky about my 'yeast' issues, and just thought because I was eating super low carb the yeast had too be gone.

[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]I actually think the yeast strain I have actually just became stronger! This is why we really need to keep it up (the regime) as well.[/COLOR]

DO grab some good (virgin or extra virgin is better..) CO and some Apple Cider Vinegar as well as a good probiotic (Udo's makes a good one, it should be in the cooler at the store..)

There are other things like caprylic acid, but the Coconut Oil has that so you should be OK if you are eating CO.

Start out slow with the oil, and work you r way up to at least 3.5-4TBS throughout the day.. the ACV you may need to acquire a taste for, but it does get better if you keep at it.

The ACV MUST be unpasteurized and unfiltered.. it will have some gross looking floaties in it, but that is what we want. Try to take 2-3TB a day in some water or chug it back if you can stand it.
I actually just read that the yeast can get stronger and hard to treat. That diet and CO and whatever else you take should really be followed and sometimes symptoms can come back months later. I wish I would have saved the link.
I just tried my Co in my egg cream. It tastes great, just a hint of coconut. This si an easy way to get the CO in my body. One question, when taking the CO, must you spread the 3 T throughout the day? Or can we have it all at once?

Thanks for all the info,
Kristin

260 259 258 257 256 255 254 253 252 251 250 249 248 247 246 245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234
[COLOR="Red"]233[/COLOR] 232 231 230
Old 09-17-2008, 10:59 AM   #141
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I would spread it throughout the day, it is metabolized pretty quickly, and taking it all at once can cause 'issues'.

I would not hesitate to take more.. if one is ill or fighting a virus or candida. The 3.5tb is a recommended dose for a normal person IYKWIM.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:59 AM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin4 View Post
I actually just read that the yeast can get stronger and hard to treat. That diet and CO and whatever else you take should really be followed and sometimes symptoms can come back months later. I wish I would have saved the link.
I just tried my Co in my egg cream. It tastes great, just a hint of coconut. This si an easy way to get the CO in my body. One question, when taking the CO, must you spread the 3 T throughout the day? Or can we have it all at once?

Thanks for all the info,
Kristin
I would spread it out so you don't get gastric upset such as nausea and diahrhea.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:02 AM   #143
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I also find it much easier to take if it is melted... it goes down quicker. Rather than taking it solid off a spoon.

But my baby eats it right off the spoon, she LOVES it.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:07 AM   #144

Quote:
I also find it much easier to take if it is melted... it goes down quicker. Rather than taking it solid off a spoon.

But my baby eats it right off the spoon, she LOVES it.
My 6 yr old asks me if she can eat spoonfuls of it also Its strange I absolutely hate coconut taste but the CO is delicious to me, it must be the processed coconut in products that made me hate it so much. Still wondering if I should start my 4 month old on it and how much?
Old 09-17-2008, 11:08 AM   #145

Gallery: fawn
Quote:

Most Doctors Don't know what it is and don't put it all "Together". They tend to give you more meds that make it worse or give you other symptoms of yeast. BTDT.
You've got that right.....or they refuse to acknowledge it. I went to the Dr. with my 26 yo who has yeast but of course needs a dr's diagnosis (that's a whole other story with her) fuzzy feeling, itchy scalp, dry skin, tired, 100lbs over weight, carb addict.......um yeah, she's a yeastie beastie alright so when I mention this to the Dr. while she has this stupid puzzled look on her face, she proceeds to tell me "Oh there's no testing for that and I'm not sure the two are related....Angela have you thought about a low fat diet?"
yes, thinks Mother, SHE'S BEEN ON WW FOR 7 YEARS AND IS STILL 100LBS OVER WEIGHT!
We've gotten through that and she has tried to irradicate it but she's not doing what it takes to stick with it for optimum results which is sad for me.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:12 AM   #146

t/j fawn if one wants to study what you are studying What is the course called? thanks
Old 09-17-2008, 11:23 AM   #147
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeslim4life View Post
My 6 yr old asks me if she can eat spoonfuls of it also Its strange I absolutely hate coconut taste but the CO is delicious to me, it must be the processed coconut in products that made me hate it so much. Still wondering if I should start my 4 month old on it and how much?
ABSOLUTELY for the 4month old.. I started J at around 4 months by adding a 1/2tsp in her warmed bottles of formula 3-4/day. It was THEN that she started sleeping through the night for the FIRST TIME EVER and has ever since.

I also give her a tsp of Cod Liver Oil.. I recommend that as well.. 1/4tsp 2-3x/day would be a good dose for a 4 month old.. I did buy Children's fish oil capsules and pierce/squeeze one in her bottle once a day, but the smell (and orange aroma) was to much, I prefer the lemon.

You will never regret it... BTW they use Coconut oil and Palm oils in baby formulas, regardless of the 'tropical oil' scares of the 70's.. so that tells us something doesn't it?

CO on your baby's skin as opposed to chemical baths in lotions and perfumes is my recommendation. The skin actually absorbs it and is SOOOO good for it.

I wish I could start over with my other 2 kids, but I do what I can now
Old 09-17-2008, 11:45 AM   #148

Prozac I have been using CO to bathe my 4 month old in just a little water to help it spread evenly and she smells and feels so lovely I noticed she smells fresher longer than when I used *gasp* johnson bedtime crap. I am going to start adding it to her bottles. But I am worried about the CLO because everything I read says seems to mean careful monitoring of getting to much vit D. My kids are outdoors all the time during the summer months so I know they are getting plenty through sunshine. It seems so "ify" but CO is a definite staple here.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:49 AM   #149
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well considering I get very little sunlight up here... it is something I do need to add. I just made sure I was not buying the O'3 blends of formula. Sunlight IS awesome, and really I am jealous... the leaves are already flying up here, and the kids need jackets to get on the bus in the am.

It was ZERO at 8am on Sept 5, I mean there was ice on the car windshields

But as for the CO, GO FOR IT!! The benefits are far beyond anything we will ever see, and will follow them around for life!
Old 09-17-2008, 11:56 AM   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeslim4life View Post
Prozac I have been using CO to bathe my 4 month old in just a little water to help it spread evenly and she smells and feels so lovely I noticed she smells fresher longer than when I used *gasp* johnson bedtime crap. I am going to start adding it to her bottles. But I am worried about the CLO because everything I read says seems to mean careful monitoring of getting to much vit D. My kids are outdoors all the time during the summer months so I know they are getting plenty through sunshine. It seems so "ify" but CO is a definite staple here.
You can Google this misinfo about Vitamin D-govt has pushed this the same way they push the broken food pyramid. Studies are showing most people are not getting sufficient Vitamin D.
Closed Thread