Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Candida and Yeast
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2009, 04:14 AM   #1411
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Linny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: NW PA
Posts: 4,801
Gallery: Linny
Stats: Lost 50 lbs
WOE: Organic & Natural Whole Food version of Atkins
Best Wishes to you Cecile.....It truly sounds like you found a gem of a doctor and that you are on your way to a better lifestyle.
Linny is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2009, 06:50 AM   #1412
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 52
Gallery: Excemasucks
Ok, I know you're not gonna want to hear this but I'm gonna tell you anyway for hope of helping some new people and some sceptics.

It seems like many of you on this board are stuck in your ways and won't listen to new or helpful information. I went to see my specialist today - highly regarded skin specialist and dermatologist. She told me that after looking at my results I was told wrong and that I'm not allergic to wheat, eggs, milk or yeast. The precentages would be way higher for someone with excema ... so good news.

I took my candida book along and she told me that it's a load of rubish. Here's why... she said taht everybody has 40% candida inside us everybody! She said that your tougne is normal...if you've had a white tougne for four years then this is how your tougne is naturally. The only reason to worry would be if your tougne came up over night which it hasn't.

She told me that antibiotics taken will not cause candida. She said yes they will kill off the good bacteria but your body will readdress the flora imbalance within two weeks on it's won even if you are taking them for a year or two. She recommends yakult or another probiotic to top up the good bacteria but it will be normal anyway without a probiotic.

She said we all have aversion to lights, can be overweight or have aches and pains but this is not candida. She also said no test exists to check for a candida overbalance as it's nonscence.

She told me enjoy the foods you eat and eat what you like. Feeling ill is probably due to lack of sleep, anxiety, depression or your skin condition.

I asked about the white bits in the toilet. She said that's what happens when you change your diet radically and ok you may have reduced the candida slightly through diet but it isn't necessary as 40% which is in everybody is perfectly normal.


So there it's a load of rubish. She said that you'd write a book too and tell people that if you wanted to make money but there's absolutley no medical proof behind it and these diets will lead to more harm then good.

So, you can all do what you like now. I am grateful for your help and information but unfortunatley you've all been told lies. My specialist is respected in the UK. Take care and good luck
Excemasucks is offline  
Old 01-16-2009, 07:12 AM   #1413
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,825
Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
I'm so glad you "heard" what you wanted to hear.

Now there is no more need to Troll around in this thread, and disrupt it any more, is there?

Good Luck to you.
Tooter is offline  
Old 01-16-2009, 07:19 AM   #1414
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Linny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: NW PA
Posts: 4,801
Gallery: Linny
Stats: Lost 50 lbs
WOE: Organic & Natural Whole Food version of Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
I'm so glad you "heard" what you wanted to hear.

Now there is no more need to Troll around in this thread, and disrupt it any more, is there?

Good Luck to you.
Could not agree more ~ See Ya
Linny is offline  
Old 01-16-2009, 07:26 AM   #1415
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,825
Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats for Texas View Post
I forgot to mention that I put the oil of o under my tongue since it's suppose to work better. There's a period in which you must get used to the oil since it it very hot and spicy, so at first I'd mix a tiny bit of water with it and hold it under my tongue until I couldn't stand it; then swallow the oil and drink some water.

I had a cat with lung lesions and as he aged he would get terrible inflammation in the lungs and cough and cough. Before thinking of the oil of o we gave him cortisone shots every 6 weeks. Thin a bright light: if it worked for me... So knowing he'd not tolerate oil under the tongue (like trying to drive a herd of cats!) I bought the gel caps and did the same "overdose" routine with him. It worked for the rest of his life (he passed away last fall from cancerous growths). So, he, like I, benefited greatly.
Thanks, Cats! One question (I haven't read the book yet) What is the "Overdose" routine?

I have read many times, where it's best to put the oils (diluted) under the tongue. That they work faster that way.
Tooter is offline  
Old 01-16-2009, 07:27 AM   #1416
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,135
Gallery: Margot 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
I'm so glad you "heard" what you wanted to hear.

Now there is no more need to Troll around in this thread, and disrupt it any more, is there?

Good Luck to you.


Now that she has the world's BEST Doc, she won't be needing us anymore.
Margot 65 is offline  
Old 01-16-2009, 07:30 AM   #1417
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,135
Gallery: Margot 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by fawn View Post
Margot, I wonder if some additional zinc will help bring your taste bud activity back?

oh and is or has anyone utilized Pau d' Arco and what was your experience?

OK so I looked up zinc.. I find it unlikely because I eat so much red meat! I think my tongue is working fine, it is just hard to get used to without the 'sweater' on ifyouknowwhatimean.
Margot 65 is offline  
Old 01-16-2009, 07:33 AM   #1418
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,825
Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margot 65 View Post
OK so I looked up zinc.. I find it unlikely because I eat so much red meat! I think my tongue is working fine, it is just hard to get used to without the 'sweater' on ifyouknowwhatimean.
Sure, it's been a LONG time, since you had a clean tongue. It feels "Naked".
Tooter is offline  
Old 01-16-2009, 07:37 AM   #1419
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,135
Gallery: Margot 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
Sure, it's been a LONG time, since you had a clean tongue. It feels "Naked".
Yes I can feel every nook and cranny in my mouth it is like sensory overload sometimes!
Margot 65 is offline  
Old 01-16-2009, 07:39 AM   #1420
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 52
Gallery: Excemasucks
Ha ha so you all just dismiss the advice of a qualified medical profesional! I told you that doctors have proven that candida is nonscence and that flora imbalance will go back to normal after two weeks on it's own even with antibiotics. And you just dismiss it?

It's not me who needs to stop being a troll for tying to help you. Anyway I've tried and failed so continue eating rubish and not enjoying your life if that's what you want. But you're still believing in a lie...
Excemasucks is offline  
Old 01-16-2009, 07:43 AM   #1421
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,825
Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excemasucks View Post
Ha ha so you all just dismiss the advice of a qualified medical profesional! I told you that doctors have proven that candida is nonscence and that flora imbalance will go back to normal after two weeks on it's own even with antibiotics. And you just dismiss it?

It's not me who needs to stop being a troll for tying to help you. Anyway I've tried and failed so continue eating rubish and not enjoying your life if that's what you want. But you're still believing in a lie...
I have given you the benefit of the doubt many times. Since this is all rubbish...You don't need to be here anymore, unless your entire purpose is to disrupt this thread (which it seems it is).

I have reported you to the Mods.
Tooter is offline  
Old 01-16-2009, 07:45 AM   #1422
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Linny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: NW PA
Posts: 4,801
Gallery: Linny
Stats: Lost 50 lbs
WOE: Organic & Natural Whole Food version of Atkins
Thank you Tooter - enough is enough.
Linny is offline  
Old 01-16-2009, 07:46 AM   #1423
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,825
Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margot 65 View Post
Yes I can feel every nook and cranny in my mouth it is like sensory overload sometimes!
IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!! I know what you are talking about. It's true.
Tooter is offline  
Old 01-16-2009, 07:49 AM   #1424
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,135
Gallery: Margot 65
You found a dermatoligist that specializes in intestinal flora?

I am happy with what the protocol did for me, I suffered for years and suffer no more... so to me HE is full of hogwash, not us.
Margot 65 is offline  
Old 01-16-2009, 07:52 AM   #1425
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,825
Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
I found an old Atkins book last night. " Dr. Atkins' Age-Defying Diet" and it was interesting that he talked in that book about Candida/yeast and how he dealt with it, with his clients. I had read things on the internet about it, but it was interesting to see it in my own book.

Man, he really was ahead of his time.
Tooter is offline  
Old 01-16-2009, 07:55 AM   #1426
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,135
Gallery: Margot 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
I found an old Atkins book last night. " Dr. Atkins' Age-Defying Diet" and it was interesting that he talked in that book about Candida/yeast and how he dealt with it, with his clients. I had read things on the internet about it, but it was interesting to see it in my own book.

Man, he really was ahead of his time.
I can still find Docs that think Dr A was full of rubbish too

Didn't he bring it up in DANDR too?
Margot 65 is offline  
Old 01-16-2009, 07:55 AM   #1427
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,825
Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
I just wanted to add, he said he used "GSE" Olive leaf extract and Oil of Oregano as antifungals for his patients.

You know, it's like I read that for the first time. lol I read that book years ago, but I don't remember that.

Anyways, I thought it was very interesting, after everything we have learned in these threads.
Tooter is offline  
Old 01-16-2009, 07:56 AM   #1428
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,825
Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margot 65 View Post
I can still find Docs that think Dr A was full of rubbish too

Didn't he bring it up in DANDR too?
I believe he did, but I don't have my copy handy.
Tooter is offline  
Old 01-16-2009, 07:59 AM   #1429
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,825
Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Here is the link to the other thread I started on "Atkins and Pantethine".
I got this off the "net".


http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ca...antethine.html
Tooter is offline  
Old 01-16-2009, 08:06 AM   #1430
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,135
Gallery: Margot 65
eczema, our point is... I cannot go into a weight watchers thread and tell them it is all rubbish, nor can they come into a low carb / high fat thread and tell ME it is all rubbish.

We are all adults and have done our research and have decided through trial and error AND success, that this is how we are going to deal with our symptoms.

I wish you luck and great health... but trust me, I got rid of the rubbish in my diet a long time ago and NO DOC in his right mind would ever tell me that I did the wrong thing if they were to see me today. If they did I would walk out shaking my head in disbelief.
Margot 65 is offline  
Old 01-16-2009, 08:12 AM   #1431
Senior LCF Member
 
ceccarp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Lawrence, KS
Posts: 101
Gallery: ceccarp
Stats: 401/365/200 Saw dr on 1/15/09 & back to 400 ugh!
WOE: Anti-candida
Start Date: 12/31/2008
[COLOR="Purple"]Excema, you're quite right, it's not something that we wanted to hear. I do not presume to cast aspersions on your specialist's credentials, but what I hear her say is that she is someone firmly entrenched in her way of thinking concerning disease that she is unwilling to consider new information. I find it curious that she says that your allergy tests are wrong. I'm sure your primary doctor performed the tests using all the established protocols and used a well established labouratory. Since she is quite established and well known, I'm wondering if she is older, say in her 50s or so. I am 54 and I know I am often unwilling to to listen to new ideas no matter how open-minded I think I am. And I know I'm much more open-minded than other people I know in my age range. I'm merely suggesting that she may not want to know about candida because it challenges her ideas of what she knows to be right. That is something we here have all faced with doctors.

You have said that you had started to feel better when you changed your eating and eliminated the wheat, eggs, milk and yeast. That in itself tells me that you at least have a sensitivity. Personally I'd consider not eating those foods for a while and see if your overall health improves. I think you said that you wanted to lose weight anyway, and eliminating those foods can't hurt. Make sense?

Your specialist is correct in saying that everyone in the world has candida. Though there are proven instances where candid gets out of control, hence vaginal yeast infections, toenail fungus, jock itch in men, and athletes foot, to name but a few. For any doctor to think that candida cannot get more out of control doesn't make sense to me.

You haven't said, but how fast it took for your to tongue turn white? Was it overnight? If so, then having it continue to be white for 4 years does not seem to me to be a good thing.

Tests do exist to check for candida overgrowth, though I don't have as much information on them as others on this forum. I believe there is a test that can be done on a stool sample. Since candida lives in the gut, the lab should know how much candida is normal and how much constitutes overgrowth.

Personally, I'd pay more attention to an Internist than a Dermatoligist in matters of diet. Or a Dietitian for that matter. Personally I would not dismiss what your primary doctor has told you to do simply because this new doctor doesn't believe it. Your primary doctor presumably knows you better because you have been a patient for much longer.

Here in the States we are encouraged to seek a second and sometimes a third opinion. Not because we don't agree with a particular doctor but because each doctor will have different opinions on the same information. We do this in order to receive the best possible care. There are many cited cases of people believing a doctor and having a procedure performed or getting a course of treatment, only then to discover that the doctor was wrong. Sometimes out of malice, but often out of ignorance of the true nature of the patient's illness. I hope you consider what I've said before you decide on a course of treatment based only on this dermatologist's opinion.

Best of luck to you.[/COLOR]
__________________
[COLOR="Purple"]Cecile[/COLOR]


http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...G2D/weight.png
ceccarp is offline  
Old 01-16-2009, 08:44 AM   #1432
Senior LCF Member
 
ceccarp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Lawrence, KS
Posts: 101
Gallery: ceccarp
Stats: 401/365/200 Saw dr on 1/15/09 & back to 400 ugh!
WOE: Anti-candida
Start Date: 12/31/2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excemasucks View Post
Ha ha so you all just dismiss the advice of a qualified medical profesional! I told you that doctors have proven that candida is nonscence and that flora imbalance will go back to normal after two weeks on it's own even with antibiotics. And you just dismiss it?

It's not me who needs to stop being a troll for tying to help you. Anyway I've tried and failed so continue eating rubish and not enjoying your life if that's what you want. But you're still believing in a lie...
[COLOR="Purple"]Sorry to be Captain Obvious here, but weren't you saying we were doing that before about your primary doctor? And now this new doctor comes into the picture and just because she's a "well respected" specialist you do the same thing to your own primary?? That sounds hypocritical to me. If I think someone, Anyone, is wrong, including a doctor, I will tell them. Personally, I think you are wrong to not say that to your primary. You must remember that doctors are people, just like you and me. To treat them like all knowing and all seeing arbiters of health is just wrong. No one knows more how your feel when your eat or drink something than you. You know what makes your bowels feel like someone is yanking them out of your body and twisting them tight. You know what makes you have headaches so bad that you want to shoot the next fly that walks across the ceiling. Pay attention to what your body is telling you and figure it out for yourself. Don't depend on doctors to tell you to do this or that to feel better.

A girlfriend of mine has unusual reactions and/or allergies to medication and has to be very careful about getting anything new. The last reaction was to a pain medication that was suppose to be safe. It altered her mental state to such an extent that she forgot how to use a telephone, and then tried to go outside without any clothes on in the middle of February. Luckily her husband stopped her. If she had only done what the doctor ordered she may manifested other reactions and possibly have gotten hurt. That kind of reaction was not listed in the medicine's paperwork.

All we are suggesting is that you don't take everything at face value. Be wary of doctors who don't want to listen to you and your feelings. And be wary of doctors that dismiss another doctor's tests no matter what. The lab tests, for the most part, are the only way doctors have of knowing much of what happens in your body. To me your specialist's reaction it a red flag that says get a second opinion.

That said, you are (I'm presuming) an adult, bloody well capable of making your own decisions, and you've bloody well decided this specialist is the be-all-and-end-all of medicine and you're going to bloody well follow what she says no matter we say.

**sigh**

Well, it saddens me, but all I can do is wish you luck on your journey. Bright Blessings to you, Excema. I hope when you find your answers you are still healthy enough to enjoy them.[/COLOR]

Last edited by ceccarp; 01-16-2009 at 08:50 AM..
ceccarp is offline  
Old 01-16-2009, 11:14 AM   #1433
Major LCF Poster!
 
BikerAng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Duvall, WA
Posts: 2,590
Gallery: BikerAng
Stats: 195/167/155 5'9"
WOE: Atkins - organic & humanely raised
Start Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excemasucks View Post
Ok, I know you're not gonna want to hear this but I'm gonna tell you anyway for hope of helping some new people and some sceptics.

It seems like many of you on this board are stuck in your ways and won't listen to new or helpful information. I went to see my specialist today - highly regarded skin specialist and dermatologist. She told me that after looking at my results I was told wrong and that I'm not allergic to wheat, eggs, milk or yeast. The precentages would be way higher for someone with excema ... so good news.

I took my candida book along and she told me that it's a load of rubish. Here's why... she said taht everybody has 40% candida inside us everybody! She said that your tougne is normal...if you've had a white tougne for four years then this is how your tougne is naturally. The only reason to worry would be if your tougne came up over night which it hasn't.

She told me that antibiotics taken will not cause candida. She said yes they will kill off the good bacteria but your body will readdress the flora imbalance within two weeks on it's won even if you are taking them for a year or two. She recommends yakult or another probiotic to top up the good bacteria but it will be normal anyway without a probiotic.

She said we all have aversion to lights, can be overweight or have aches and pains but this is not candida. She also said no test exists to check for a candida overbalance as it's nonscence.

She told me enjoy the foods you eat and eat what you like. Feeling ill is probably due to lack of sleep, anxiety, depression or your skin condition.

I asked about the white bits in the toilet. She said that's what happens when you change your diet radically and ok you may have reduced the candida slightly through diet but it isn't necessary as 40% which is in everybody is perfectly normal.


So there it's a load of rubish. She said that you'd write a book too and tell people that if you wanted to make money but there's absolutley no medical proof behind it and these diets will lead to more harm then good.

So, you can all do what you like now. I am grateful for your help and information but unfortunatley you've all been told lies. My specialist is respected in the UK. Take care and good luck

Most doctors will tell you this, they want your business - they want you to be ill so you spend your money on doctors visits and the pills they prescribe. White tongues are NOT normal. If your body can rebalance itself after taking antibiotics then why do some doctors recommend eating yogurt with good bacteria? And why do doctors always prescribe pills to rid yeast infections in conjunction with antibiotics?!
BikerAng is offline  
Old 01-16-2009, 04:01 PM   #1434
Senior LCF Member
 
Cats for Texas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 394
Gallery: Cats for Texas
Stats: 210
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: December 3, 2012
The overdose routine is to put a few drops under the tongue every 1-2 hours for about 6-8 weeks.

I now use a dropper full of the super strength oil (straight) under the tongue a few times per week. I also carry a bottle in my purse and use it for bad breath possibilities, on airplanes for the bad air, and when traveling. I know this sounds kind of nutty. I also use the spray to freshen my bed linens/mattress when I change the sheets. I now love the smell of the spray as it really freshens the room. I have no affiliation with the makers of any of these products, although I guess it sounds like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
Thanks, Cats! One question (I haven't read the book yet) What is the "Overdose" routine?

I have read many times, where it's best to put the oils (diluted) under the tongue. That they work faster that way.
[/COLOR]
__________________
Patti
Cats for Texas is offline  
Old 01-16-2009, 04:07 PM   #1435
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,825
Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats for Texas View Post
The overdose routine is to put a few drops under the tongue every 1-2 hours for about 6-8 weeks.

I now use a dropper full of the super strength oil (straight) under the tongue a few times per week. I also carry a bottle in my purse and use it for bad breath possibilities, on airplanes for the bad air, and when traveling. I know this sounds kind of nutty. I also use the spray to freshen my bed linens/mattress when I change the sheets. I now love the smell of the spray as it really freshens the room. I have no affiliation with the makers of any of these products, although I guess it sounds like it.

[/COLOR]


OMG, "FULL STRENGTH"????? Wow! It doesn't burn you any more?

I really loved the way I felt on Oil of Oregano. I "rotated" it with other antifungals (every week or two) because that is what a lot of the "experts" said to do, to keep Candida from being immuned to them.

I am going to go back to the "Oil of Oregano". I did get used to the "warm" feeling, but there was no way I was even close to being able to take it straight. lol

Thank you, so much, for taking the time to give me this info.
Tooter is offline  
Old 01-17-2009, 10:31 AM   #1436
Major LCF Poster!
 
BikerAng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Duvall, WA
Posts: 2,590
Gallery: BikerAng
Stats: 195/167/155 5'9"
WOE: Atkins - organic & humanely raised
Start Date: Feb 2007
Wow, I had no idea O of O had so many uses! Thanks for the info and book recommendation!
BikerAng is offline  
Old 01-17-2009, 02:27 PM   #1437
Senior LCF Member
 
ceccarp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Lawrence, KS
Posts: 101
Gallery: ceccarp
Stats: 401/365/200 Saw dr on 1/15/09 & back to 400 ugh!
WOE: Anti-candida
Start Date: 12/31/2008
[COLOR="Purple"]I just started the CLO today. Taking softgels. I remember the days when Desitin had CLO in it and the smell of the oil would get to me sometimes. And I wanted to have a controlled dosage, so I went with the softgels.

After reading some people's reaction to the O of O I'm a little scared to start it. Mainly because I had horrid intestinal cramps yesterday with bloating that I broke protocal and had something with sugar, wheat and yeast just to get it to stop. It felt like someone had reached into my belly, grabbed my intestines and was twisting and stomping on them with great gusto. It felt like I needed to vomit but couldn't. And I had to get to my class. Joy! So adding something that would make me sick has me being wary.

Yesterday was just a bad day all around. First is snowed, which I normally don't mind, but it made all the buses late so that when I went to get the bus I take to school (I'm going part-time to a local Community College) it was almost an hour late. Normally, with the bus I take, I get a half an hour to eat my lunch and gather my thoughts before my class, but yesterday I was half an hour late. And it's a sign language class so any that I'd miss, especially in the beginning, would put me out of synch with the rest of the class. So no matter how bad I felt I had to go.

Today I'm feeling somewhat better. Haven't eaten much cause the belly still feels a little off, but not as bad as yesterday. Yesterday I just wanted to curl up and die.[/COLOR]
ceccarp is offline  
Old 01-17-2009, 03:05 PM   #1438
Senior LCF Member
 
princess_tonya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Beach, FL
Posts: 72
Gallery: princess_tonya
WOE: Anti-Candida and Whole Foods
Start Date: January, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceccarp View Post
[COLOR="Purple"]I just started the CLO today. Taking softgels. I remember the days when Desitin had CLO in it and the smell of the oil would get to me sometimes. And I wanted to have a controlled dosage, so I went with the softgels.

After reading some people's reaction to the O of O I'm a little scared to start it. Mainly because I had horrid intestinal cramps yesterday with bloating that I broke protocal and had something with sugar, wheat and yeast just to get it to stop. It felt like someone had reached into my belly, grabbed my intestines and was twisting and stomping on them with great gusto. It felt like I needed to vomit but couldn't. And I had to get to my class. Joy! So adding something that would make me sick has me being wary.

Yesterday was just a bad day all around. First is snowed, which I normally don't mind, but it made all the buses late so that when I went to get the bus I take to school (I'm going part-time to a local Community College) it was almost an hour late. Normally, with the bus I take, I get a half an hour to eat my lunch and gather my thoughts before my class, but yesterday I was half an hour late. And it's a sign language class so any that I'd miss, especially in the beginning, would put me out of synch with the rest of the class. So no matter how bad I felt I had to go.

Today I'm feeling somewhat better. Haven't eaten much cause the belly still feels a little off, but not as bad as yesterday. Yesterday I just wanted to curl up and die.[/COLOR]

I'm just starting and it's definitely hard to keep it up.
princess_tonya is offline  
Old 01-17-2009, 03:54 PM   #1439
Senior LCF Member
 
Cats for Texas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 394
Gallery: Cats for Texas
Stats: 210
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: December 3, 2012
Like scotch whiskey (tee hee), oil of o is definitely an acquired taste. When I first started, it felt like my mouth would burn off so I used a bit of water to dilute the oil. Then worked up to the full strength stuff. Now the super strength feels great; I tried the regular not long ago and it felt sooo diluted.

BTW, oil of o actually helps with indigestion, diarrhea etc. so no need to fear an upset, but you must be the judge of your own body. Like I said, I take it for EVERYTHING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerAng View Post
Wow, I had no idea O of O had so many uses! Thanks for the info and book recommendation!

Last edited by Cats for Texas; 01-17-2009 at 03:56 PM..
Cats for Texas is offline  
Old 01-17-2009, 06:33 PM   #1440
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,825
Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats for Texas View Post
Like scotch whiskey (tee hee), oil of o is definitely an acquired taste. When I first started, it felt like my mouth would burn off so I used a bit of water to dilute the oil. Then worked up to the full strength stuff. Now the super strength feels great; I tried the regular not long ago and it felt sooo diluted.

BTW, oil of o actually helps with indigestion, diarrhea etc. so no need to fear an upset, but you must be the judge of your own body. Like I said, I take it for EVERYTHING.
Maybe you should start an "Oil Of Oregano" thread in here and keep teaching us.
Tooter is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:21 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.