Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Candida and Yeast
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2008, 09:46 AM   #1321
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Gallery: hummingbird11
Stats: 2008: 175/sz 12-14 >>> 2010: 145/sz 8-10 (5'8")
WOE: BFL (Oct/Nov/Dec)
Start Date: March 2008 (LC) >>> Oct 2010 (BFL)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceccarp View Post
[COLOR="Purple"]So, Fawn, when are you going to have the instructions for the Colloidal Silver Water maker? I want to make some.[/COLOR]
Me too!! Please post when you have a chance, thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawn

I'll give you some exact clear directions on how DH made his colloidal silver machine. It's pretty cool! It was also easy.

a small fish tank pump
tubing
an old printer cord
a 32 oz. mason jar with plasic lid
2 one ounce pure silver bars (99.9%)
Alligator clips

I'll write out the directions and post a photo later this week. He's now putting the CS in his ear as well, drinking it.

What are some of the "wonders" you've experienced? (I'll Google, too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceccarp View Post
[COLOR="Purple"]So I really tout the wonders of colloidal silver water. [/COLOR]

Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2008, 09:50 AM   #1322
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: fawn
I need to pin DH down on this one. He made it........stay tuned.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:41 AM   #1323
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Gallery: hummingbird11
Stats: 2008: 175/sz 12-14 >>> 2010: 145/sz 8-10 (5'8")
WOE: BFL (Oct/Nov/Dec)
Start Date: March 2008 (LC) >>> Oct 2010 (BFL)
!!!!! HNY !!!!!
Old 12-31-2008, 04:20 PM   #1324
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ceccarp
Stats: 401/365/200 Saw dr on 1/15/09 & back to 400 ugh!
WOE: Anti-candida
Start Date: 12/31/2008
[COLOR="Purple"]Back (finally) from the store. Made the mistake of asking my gf & ex-hubby if they wanted to go with me since I was going to the health food market. Then I got stuck into doing what they wanted. But since I'm the official driver of the group it's a burden I must bear. (The only other driver in the group is my ex, but he has a cataract and can't see well enough to drive. **sigh**) They wanted to go to Hastings and rent some videos for tonight. And I think I deserve an "Atta girl" for totally curbing my craving for all the candy bars next to the register. I so much wanted to grab a fist-full of Reese's Cups or Reese's Pieces, but I didn't.

Anyway, I got my CO and ACV, plus some kefir, and a few other things. Since I got some refrigerated items I needed to go home before we all could go out again. After I got the cold stuff put away I ripped into the CO. Yum! It's going to be so hard to limit myself to just a small amount till my body figures out what is going on. I also got some of Braggs Liquid Amino's and I mixed it with the ACV and the CO as a salad dressing, though maybe next time I'll use EVOO cause the CO became solid as soon as it hit the cold salad. :blush: Oh well.

Oh, and I found they had Bubbies pickles and sauerkraut. I only got the dill pickles and I ate one of them while I was home putting the cold stuff away. O.... M.... G! They are Soooo good! No lip puckering vinegar to interfere with the flavour of the pickle. And cripsy!!! IMHO Vlassic and Clausen aren't nearly as crispy. Makes me wish I had gotten the sauerkraut too. Oh well, next time. Though I'm gonna figure out how to reuse the brine... Salad dressing maybe??? It'd be a shame to waste it.

Now to figure out what to make for dinner. Maybe sushi, maybe ordering out. My BF & I are going over to the ex's for a New Year's celebration. Yes, we'll have all sorts of yeast loving foods and alcohol, and I have no excuse for eating them other than it's New Year's Eve. But since I'm going to be starting this new WOE slowly I'm not really back-sliding....... yet. And if it sounds like I'm justifying my porking out on junk all night, you're right. So I'll pay for it in the morning. And that makes it any different from all the other morning these days how??? Been in pain with my joints most of the last year anyway, so no change.

Anyway, I wish you all a very Happy New Year and that every one of you will meet your goals in the coming year.[/COLOR]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...G2D/weight.png
Old 01-01-2009, 10:51 AM   #1325
Senior LCF Member

[COLOR="Purple"]Well, we didn't get sushi, and we didn't order out either. GF, BF & I went to the regular grocery store were looking at the cheese trays and the veggie trays and at the outrageous prices they were charging and decided we could do it better, so we got celery, carrots, grape tomatoes (love those), green peppers, broccoli, and some cheeses - cheddar, swiss, jack, & hot pepper, and made up our own veggie & cheese trays. Also got some crackers, blue cheese dip (didn't touch that) and ranch dressing.

I didn't eat as much of the yeasty foods as I could have. At mostly the veggies with the ranch, though I did have some of the cheddar. Got the headache last night, though out of a 2 lb block I only had about 2 or 3 ozs. Also had some of a port wine cheese ball.

I ended up drinking the rest of a Kombucha I got at the health food store. Not bad, though I don't think I'll make a habit of it. Felt and tasted like I was drinking something alcoholic. The label did say that it may have .5% alcohol due to the the fermatation process used. I also had about 1/4 of a glass of Madiera and half a bottle of Sparkling Strawberry Juice. The BF doesn't drink and we got it mostly for him.

All in all I'm not doing too bad. Woke up with a "hangover" headache, my joints hurt, and I had to pee like a racehorse. In the TMI department, my morning BM bordered on constipation but then then I finished and looked at it most of the stool was loose and "fluffy". :blush: My belly hurts from what I presume is gas. But I'm still taking my CO and ACV so they should help a little.

It's going to take while for me to rid my house of "illegal" foods. I'm gonna hate myself for eating the stuff, because it will hurt. There are some foods I got before I started reading this thread and my Depression Era mother will haunt me if I just threw food out. "Don't waste food!" And I don't know anyone I can give it to. My GF & Ex don't want any of it.
[/COLOR]

Last edited by ceccarp; 01-01-2009 at 10:54 AM..
Old 01-01-2009, 12:57 PM   #1326

Gallery: thestreets
Stats: 140/110 5'6
WOE: Atkins - it's a diet
hey ceccarp - i see that you eat sushi, i would avoid it now, esp when you are trying to get rid of candida. many people get parasites from sushi and parasites make getting rid of candida harder since it is a double attack.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:02 PM   #1327
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Linny
Stats: Lost 50 lbs
WOE: Organic & Natural Whole Food version of Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestreets View Post
hey ceccarp - i see that you eat sushi, i would avoid it now, esp when you are trying to get rid of candida. many people get parasites from sushi and parasites make getting rid of candida harder since it is a double attack.
Exactly
Old 01-01-2009, 04:48 PM   #1328
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestreets View Post
[COLOR="Purple"]Wow! Thanks, I did not know that. Dang, and I love sushi, too. Though I'm betting the sticky rice on the sushi wouldn't be much better. My yeasties really love when I eat rice... white rice mostly.[/COLOR]
Old 01-05-2009, 08:33 AM   #1329
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Excemasucks
Well, I went to see the nurse and it turns out they gave me the wrong allerfy results (echoing what many of you have said) I am very allergic to yeast (5.75) Allergic to eggs (4+) Milk (3+) and wheat (0.93)

I'm not that allegic to wheat but she said avoid it. Now I have to go see a dietian and discuss this with her. She said I probably do have a candida problem (due to my tounge ect...) so I really won't be able to eat anything.

But for now I'm gonna avoid my allergies but eat some sugar. Because I don't know what else to do or eat! For example soya yougurt has 9g of sugar per pot but it's a treat.

On an anti candida diet and anti my allergy diet there's nothing much I can eat. Just veg and meat. I'm gonna have to make my own bread wheat and yeast free. No alchol for me again! That sucks...

Recommend you get tested if you have skin problems like acne, excema as you might have a food allergy. Ask them to test for yeast as I'm most allergic to that. Not good news if I have a yeast problem in my stomach no wonder I feel like crap...
Old 01-05-2009, 08:46 AM   #1330

Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excemasucks View Post
Well, I went to see the nurse and it turns out they gave me the wrong allerfy results (echoing what many of you have said) I am very allergic to yeast (5.75) Allergic to eggs (4+) Milk (3+) and wheat (0.93)

I'm not that allegic to wheat but she said avoid it. Now I have to go see a dietian and discuss this with her. She said I probably do have a candida problem (due to my tounge ect...) so I really won't be able to eat anything.

But for now I'm gonna avoid my allergies but eat some sugar. Because I don't know what else to do or eat! For example soya yougurt has 9g of sugar per pot but it's a treat.

On an anti candida diet and anti my allergy diet there's nothing much I can eat. Just veg and meat. I'm gonna have to make my own bread wheat and yeast free. No alchol for me again! That sucks...

Recommend you get tested if you have skin problems like acne, excema as you might have a food allergy. Ask them to test for yeast as I'm most allergic to that. Not good news if I have a yeast problem in my stomach no wonder I feel like crap...
Bread wheat that is yeast free? Yogurt with Sugar? Because you can't eat anything other then meat and veggies?

Excemasucks do you even understand the Antiyeast diet? You are still wanting to feed the yeasts? That's what you will be doing.

Do you want yogurt? Buy plain and use a sweetener to give you the sweet taste. Stevia is a great choice.

Bread? It doesn't matter if it has yeast in it or not...It's the wheat/flour that will be feeding the Candida.

What to eat? I take it you are used to opening a package and eating what's in that. You change to real food.

Stir fries!! What could be simpler then stir frying some meat and veggies?

Fry up a hamburger pattie and have some broccoli on the side with some real butter on it.

Also, do you have any kind of understand of "low carb" other then you think it's bad for you? Do you understand the science and Theory of eating to not raise your BLood sugar levels (and in turn not feeding the yeast)?

There are lots of things you can eat, you just have to think of food differently. That's all.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:51 AM   #1331

Quote:
But for now I'm gonna avoid my allergies but [COLOR="Red"]eat some sugar[/COLOR]. Because I don't know what else to do or eat! For example soya yougurt has 9g of sugar per pot but it's a treat.
and feed your yeast to proliphic numbers? Bad decision.

meat and vegetables will help you get well. You are just stalling it still........well, not stalling it actually feeding the yeast. You will make them very happy....and yourself very ill.

I'm a bit flabbergasted that now that you've received your professional diagnosis, as we had all suspected and continue to deny the inevitable.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:32 AM   #1332
Junior LCF Member

I'm not denying it but I have't seen a dietian yet to get a food menu layout. Eg what I can and can't definitely eat. Try avoiding milk, eggs, wheat and yeast. there's nothing much left to eat... if you cut out sugar too then there's hardly anything. For example Bacon and sausage but with what? No bread! No rivitta, nuts, crisps, sweets. I'll be starving... i'm stalling it until I get a menu made up and then I truly won't be able to eat anything. I am used to openeing a tin or microwaving something and eating quick meals like cereal.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:35 AM   #1333
Junior LCF Member

So, now it's gonna be salads, meat and veg and what else?

Erm...

If I don't eat say jacket potatoes, rice krispies and chili (low sugar) then I don't know what to do as I can't cook. Porridge for supper (oats) as I have a wheat allergy. Or rice bread which is wheat free and milk free.

I've told her to speed up the dietian as I don't have a clue
Old 01-05-2009, 10:17 AM   #1334
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kathy_de_Alabama
Stats: 242/205/155
WOE: ZERO CARB
My 16 year old daughter has eczema, and (I haven't read this whole thread, but I'm going by your username to assume that this is what started your journey?) I can really empathize with you.

On the low carb way of eating, we already avoid everything you listed except the eggs. (I love eggs, and it would be hard to give them up.) So, check the recipe section of this site, and google "low carb recipes." You will find LOTS of things you can eat.

When I was younger, I ate everything out of a can or a box, myself. I actually learned to cook by following this way of eating. Now, I sort of enjoy it. Who knows - a whole new way of eating may develop for you that you really enjoy.

Best of luck and keep us updated on your condition.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:25 AM   #1335

Quote:
I'm not denying it but I have't seen a dietian yet to get a food menu layout. Eg what I can and can't definitely eat. Try avoiding milk, eggs, wheat and yeast. there's nothing much left to eat... if you cut out sugar too then there's hardly anything. For example Bacon and sausage but with what? No bread! No rivitta, nuts, crisps, sweets. I'll be starving... i'm stalling it until I get a menu made up and then I truly won't be able to eat anything. I am used to openeing a tin or microwaving something and eating quick meals like cereal.
No, you won't be starving. It's the high carbohydrate foods that make you feel hungry and starving. You actually feel more satisfied. That's how low carb works.

Part of the reason that you have candida is because you don't eat real foods. You eat mainly Fake, over processed foods. How can you expect to be healthy on that?

SAD diet. (Standard American Diet) Which is high in carbohydrates and low in fat (good fats).

I really suggest you do some research on low carb and anti-yeast diets.

I'm sorry, but you very much are in denial. All through this, you keep putting off the diet for many reasons. You have your results and you're still putting it off off and making excuses.

Your mindset is that of an addict. You know it's making you sick, but you still very much want it, crave it and will make excuses for it.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:30 AM   #1336

Which, BTW, Candida is very much linked to addictions. Co-winky-dink? I think not.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:33 AM   #1337
Junior LCF Member

Thats nonscence tooter - I just want to eat a wide range of foods that are healthy with the ocassional treats. I'm not a dietian and so i don't know what to eat and how to put meals together. I'm just guessing at the moment and trying to keep the sugar content low.

Of course anybody is gonna want sugar as it tastes nice and temp makes you feel better. I don't even know if i have candida until a dietian confirms it. But i know i have the allergies mentioned so thats my main concern

If I've cut out wheat, eggs, milk and yeast then i'm happy as that's four out of five problems. Just the low sugar to get rid of eventually...

Last edited by Excemasucks; 01-05-2009 at 10:35 AM..
Old 01-05-2009, 10:34 AM   #1338
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy_de_Alabama View Post
My 16 year old daughter has eczema, and (I haven't read this whole thread, but I'm going by your username to assume that this is what started your journey?) I can really empathize with you.

On the low carb way of eating, we already avoid everything you listed except the eggs. (I love eggs, and it would be hard to give them up.) So, check the recipe section of this site, and google "low carb recipes." You will find LOTS of things you can eat.

When I was younger, I ate everything out of a can or a box, myself. I actually learned to cook by following this way of eating. Now, I sort of enjoy it. Who knows - a whole new way of eating may develop for you that you really enjoy.

Best of luck and keep us updated on your condition.
Great post - thanks for the kind words
Old 01-05-2009, 10:39 AM   #1339

Quote:
Thats nonscence tooter - I just want to eat a wide range of foods that are healthy with the ocassional treats. I'm not a dietian and so i don't know what to eat and how to put meals together. I'm just guessing at the moment and trying to keep the sugar content low.

Of course anybody is gonna want sugar as it tastes nice and temp makes you feel better. I don't even know if i have candida until a dietian confirms it. But i know i have the allergies mentioned so thats my main concern

If I've cut out wheat, eggs, milk and yeast then i'm happy as that's four out of five problems. Just the low sugar to get rid of eventually...
What is Nonsense?
Old 01-05-2009, 10:43 AM   #1340
Junior LCF Member

That I'm in denial. I'm not it's just that I want to eat a wide range of foods. My choices through allergy are hardly anything so adding anti sugar at this point is dumb. Keeping teh sugar low makes more sense until I can get a menu drawn up. I appreciate the advice and I like this forum and think it's helpful.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:06 AM   #1341
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
Which, BTW, Candida is very much linked to addictions. Co-winky-dink? I think not.
Quote:
[COLOR="Red"]Thats nonscence tooter [/COLOR]- I just want to eat a wide range of foods that are healthy with the ocassional treats.
That is NOT nonsense what Tooter said because my Allergist told me the same thing. If we start craving certain high carb foods it is because we are allergic to them.

I wish you well because you certainly are not open to many suggestions, ideas....or much of anything. You are being very dishonest to yourself. Lighten up and live a little
Old 01-05-2009, 11:21 AM   #1342
Junior LCF Member

I know that we start craving them as I often do crave sugar. What I meant is I'm not in denial as I know this. But I'm not gonna cut out everything I can eat until I get a menu made up from a qualified dietian.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:25 PM   #1343
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BikerAng
Stats: 195/167/155 5'9"
WOE: Atkins - organic & humanely raised
Start Date: Feb 2007
Quote:

Oh my gosh, you need to go get a low carb book (Atkins, Protein Power, any number of them)! They explain exactly what you CAN eat and even have recipes to follow for all the phases of the program. You will need to learn how to actually cook. Your dietian will tell you the same thing. There is nothing prepackaged that you are going to be able to eat. You'll just have to educate yourself and learn - or be sick.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:52 PM   #1344

Wow I wish you luck. I hope your objections will be easier for your dietician to work out with you.

Sometimes in order to obtain health and not lose your body to degenerative disease, you have to make some complicated decisions. This is one of those times. I wish you well but I personally don't have the energy to debate your objections.....you're in good hands here with some educated people.

If I had candida knowing what I know right now, I'd pay Tooter twice what a dietician might charge because I know as a nutrition educator myself, she has done her homework and would kick arse against any RN, MD or dietician on the subject of candida. I'm sorry you're not taking advantage of her!
Old 01-05-2009, 01:11 PM   #1345
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Margot 65
Quote:
I just want to eat a wide range of foods that are healthy with the ocassional treats. I'm not a dietian and so i don't know what to eat and how to put meals together. I'm just guessing at the moment and trying to keep the sugar content low.

sugar is not healthy, remove the sugar it is that easy.

anyone that feels better after they eat sugar is addicted... this is why most of us QUIT sugar. Candida or not... sugar is not good for one single cell in your entire body NOT ONE... any cells that need can get it from other sources our body is quite adept at doing this,'

[COLOR="Red"]I just want to eat a wide range of foods that are healthy with the ocassional treats.[/COLOR]

i eat meat and veggies, my kids eat meat and veggies (we also are lucky we eat eggs too....) you can make it as simple as you want or as difficult as you want. There really is nothing difficult about a steak and a salad or veggie... except the first 3-5 days while you overcome your sugar addiction. Crack and heroin addicts do not have a 'treat fix' now and then... I can't have a sugar treat either because I know what happens to me when I do. Lock up the fridge, take away my keys and hide my wallet because I can walk there!

Been there done that.. I was you once. Sugar is a distant memory for me as is smoking.

BTW, I had 2 major symptoms of candida.. a white tongue for about 20 years and a terrible rash for 13 years. Since I did the protocol BOTH are gone.

You want it? You have to work it.. eliminate sugar or not. There is not one person on this message board that will tell you to keep eating it for any reason. It is up to you.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:20 PM   #1346

Excemasucks, I wish you luck in your quest.

I'll just leave ya with this and if you still want your sugar, Go for it.

146 Reasons Why Sugar Is Ruining Your Health

By Nancy Appleton, Ph.D.

Author of LICK THE SUGAR HABIT and LICK THE SUGAR HABIT SUGAR COUNTER.

1. Sugar can suppress the immune system.

2. Sugar upsets the mineral relationships in the body.

3. Sugar can cause hyperactivity, anxiety, difficulty concentrating, and crankiness in children.

4. Sugar can produce a significant rise in triglycerides.

5. Sugar contributes to the reduction in defense against bacterial infection (infectious diseases).

6. Sugar causes a loss of tissue elasticity and function, the more sugar you eat the more elasticity and function you loose.

7. Sugar reduces high density lipoproteins.

8. Sugar leads to chromium deficiency.

9 Sugar leads to cancer of the ovaries.

10. Sugar can increase fasting levels of glucose.

11. Sugar causes copper deficiency.

12. Sugar interferes with absorption of calcium and magnesium.

13. Sugar can weaken eyesight.

14. Sugar raises the level of a neurotransmitters: dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine.

15. Sugar can cause hypoglycemia.

16. Sugar can produce an acidic digestive tract.

17. Sugar can cause a rapid rise of adrenaline levels in children.

18. Sugar malabsorption is frequent in patients with functional bowel disease.

19. Sugar can cause premature aging.

20. Sugar can lead to alcoholism.

21. Sugar can cause tooth decay.

22. Sugar contributes to obesity

23. High intake of sugar increases the risk of Crohn's disease, and ulcerative colitis.

24. Sugar can cause changes frequently found in person with gastric or duodenal ulcers.

25. Sugar can cause arthritis.

26. Sugar can cause asthma.

27. Sugar greatly assists the uncontrolled growth of Candida Albicans (yeast infections).

28. Sugar can cause gallstones.

29. Sugar can cause heart disease.

30. Sugar can cause appendicitis.

31. Sugar can cause multiple sclerosis.

32. Sugar can cause hemorrhoids.

33. Sugar can cause varicose veins.

34. Sugar can elevate glucose and insulin responses in oral contraceptive users.

35. Sugar can lead to periodontal disease.

36. Sugar can contribute to osteoporosis.

37. Sugar contributes to saliva acidity.

38. Sugar can cause a decrease in insulin sensitivity.

39. Sugar can lower the amount of Vitamin E (alpha-Tocopherol in the blood.

40. Sugar can decrease growth hormone.

41. Sugar can increase cholesterol.

42. Sugar can increase the systolic blood pressure.

43. Sugar can cause drowsiness and decreased activity in children.

44. High sugar intake increases advanced glycation end products (AGEs)(Sugar bound non-enzymatically to protein)

45. Sugar can interfere with the absorption of protein.

46. Sugar causes food allergies.

47. Sugar can contribute to diabetes.

48. Sugar can cause toxemia during pregnancy.

49. Sugar can contribute to eczema in children.

50. Sugar can cause cardiovascular disease.

51. Sugar can impair the structure of DNA

52. Sugar can change the structure of protein.

53. Sugar can make our skin age by changing the structure of collagen.

54. Sugar can cause cataracts.

55. Sugar can cause emphysema.

56. Sugar can cause atherosclerosis.

57. Sugar can promote an elevation of low density lipoproteins (LDL).

58. High sugar intake can impair the physiological homeostasis of many systems in the body.

59. Sugar lowers the enzymes ability to function.

60. Sugar intake is higher in people with Parkinson’s disease.

61. Sugar can cause a permanent altering the way the proteins act in the body.

62. Sugar can increase the size of the liver by making the liver cells divide.

63. Sugar can increase the amount of liver fat.

64. Sugar can increase kidney size and produce pathological changes in the kidney.

65. Sugar can damage the pancreas.

66. Sugar can increase the body's fluid retention.

67. Sugar is enemy #1 of the bowel movement.

68. Sugar can cause myopia (nearsightedness).

69. Sugar can compromise the lining of the capillaries.

70. Sugar can make the tendons more brittle.

71. Sugar can cause headaches, including migraine.

72. Sugar plays a role in pancreatic cancer in women.

73. Sugar can adversely affect school children's grades and cause learning disorders..

74. Sugar can cause an increase in delta, alpha, and theta brain waves.

75. Sugar can cause depression.

76. Sugar increases the risk of gastric cancer.

77. Sugar and cause dyspepsia (indigestion).

78. Sugar can increase your risk of getting gout.

79. Sugar can increase the levels of glucose in an oral glucose tolerance test over the ingestion of complex carbohydrates.

80. Sugar can increase the insulin responses in humans consuming high-sugar diets compared to low sugar diets.

81 High refined sugar diet reduces learning capacity.

82. Sugar can cause less effective functioning of two blood proteins, albumin, and lipoproteins, which may reduce the body’s ability to handle fat and cholesterol.

83. Sugar can contribute to Alzheimer’s disease.

84. Sugar can cause platelet adhesiveness.

85. Sugar can cause hormonal imbalance; some hormones become underactive and others become overactive.

86. Sugar can lead to the formation of kidney stones.

87. Sugar can lead to the hypothalamus to become highly sensitive to a large variety of stimuli.

88. Sugar can lead to dizziness.

89. Diets high in sugar can cause free radicals and oxidative stress.

90. High sucrose diets of subjects with peripheral vascular disease significantly increases platelet adhesion.

91. High sugar diet can lead to biliary tract cancer.

92. Sugar feeds cancer.

93. High sugar consumption of pregnant adolescents is associated with a twofold increased risk for delivering a small-for-gestational-age (SGA) infant.

94. High sugar consumption can lead to substantial decrease in gestation duration among adolescents.

95. Sugar slows food's travel time through the gastrointestinal tract.

96. Sugar increases the concentration of bile acids in stools and bacterial enzymes in the colon. This can modify bile to produce cancer-causing compounds and colon cancer.

97. Sugar increases estradiol (the most potent form of naturally occurring estrogen) in men.

98. Sugar combines and destroys phosphatase, an enzyme, which makes the process of digestion more difficult.

99. Sugar can be a risk factor of gallbladder cancer.

100. Sugar is an addictive substance.

101. Sugar can be intoxicating, similar to alcohol.

102. Sugar can exacerbate PMS.

103. Sugar given to premature babies can affect the amount of carbon dioxide they produce.

104. Decrease in sugar intake can increase emotional stability.

105. The body changes sugar into 2 to 5 times more fat in the bloodstream than it does starch.

106. The rapid absorption of sugar promotes excessive food intake in obese subjects.

107. Sugar can worsen the symptoms of children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).

108. Sugar adversely affects urinary electrolyte composition.

109. Sugar can slow down the ability of the adrenal glands to function.

110. Sugar has the potential of inducing abnormal metabolic processes in a normal healthy individual and to promote chronic degenerative diseases.

111.. I.Vs (intravenous feedings) of sugar water can cut off oxygen to the brain.

112. High sucrose intake could be an important risk factor in lung cancer.

113. Sugar increases the risk of polio.

114. High sugar intake can cause epileptic seizures.

115. Sugar causes high blood pressure in obese people.

116. In Intensive Care Units, limiting sugar saves lives.

117. Sugar may induce cell death.

118. Sugar can increase the amount of food that you eat.

119. In juvenile rehabilitation camps, when children were put on a low sugar diet, there was a 44% drop in antisocial behavior.

120. Sugar can lead to prostrate cancer.

121. Sugar dehydrates newborns.

122. Sugar increases the estradiol in young men.

123. Sugar can cause low birth weight babies.

124. Greater consumption of refined sugar is associated with a worse outcome of schizophrenia

125. Sugar can raise homocysteine levels in the blood stream.

126. Sweet food items increase the risk of breast cancer.

127. Sugar is a risk factor in cancer of the small intestine.

128. Sugar may cause laryngeal cancer.

129. Sugar induces salt and water retention.

130. Sugar may contribute to mild memory loss.

131. As sugar increases in the diet of 10 years olds, there is a linear decrease in the intake of many essential nutrients.

132. Sugar can increase the total amount of food consumed.

133. Exposing a newborn to sugar results in a heightened preference for sucrose relative to water at 6 months and 2 years of age.

134. Sugar causes constipation.

135. Sugar causes varicous veins.

136. Sugar can cause brain decay in prediabetic and diabetic women.

137. Sugar can increase the risk of stomach cancer.

138. Sugar can cause metabolic syndrome.

139. Sugar ingestion by pregnant women increases neural tube defects in embryos.

140. Sugar can be a factor in asthma.

141. The higher the sugar consumption the more chances of getting irritable bowel syndrome.

142. Sugar could affect central reward systems.

143. Sugar can cause cancer of the rectum.

144. Sugar can cause endometrial cancer.

145. Sugar can cause renal (kidney) cell carcinoma.

146. Sugar can cause liver tumors.

Last edited by Tooter; 01-05-2009 at 01:21 PM..
Old 01-05-2009, 01:40 PM   #1347
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMGosh Tooter ~ I'm copying this list and sharing it with my lymie buddies. They know they need to get off sugar because in order to fight off our lyme disease infections we need to get our immune systems back on track

This is a wonderful list
Old 01-05-2009, 03:09 PM   #1348

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linny View Post
OMGosh Tooter ~ I'm copying this list and sharing it with my lymie buddies. They know they need to get off sugar because in order to fight off our lyme disease infections we need to get our immune systems back on track

This is a wonderful list
That list is amazing, isn't it? Try and eat a Candy bar after reading that.

There is nothing good or healthy about Sugar. It has no redeeming qualities at all.

It totally messes up our immune systems and sets the stage for disease and then feeds the disease.

Eating Sugar is like playing Russian roulette with our health. Sure, you might be able to pull the trigger a few times and it "seems" like nothing happens...Then you try again and WHAM!!

Is the taste of Sugar worth our health, our immune systems?

Nope!

You know what, Linny? I'm going to print that out too and put that sucker on my fridge.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:35 PM   #1349
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
[COLOR="Purple"] I apologize for this in advance, but you sound like my friend Shan's soon-to-be ex-husband. When I first learned of the candida WOE I told him about it and he dismissed it out of hand saying exactly what you are saying, that there's nothing to eat. Or worse yet, that it had no taste. But that's not true. All it takes is a little imagination, of which he had none. I know that man was full of yeast, but he wasn't going to take advice from anyone. He's in jail now and I say good riddance to bad rubbish. I'm sorry, I digress.

Ok, so you don't cook. There are plenty of things you can have without cooking.

For instance: You obviously like yogurt, so have some plain yogurt and add some Alfafa Sprouts to it. You'll get the benefit of the yogurt and the nutrition of the sprouts. Do you have a blender? Then take 8 ozs of yogurt, an handful of ice cubes, 1 raw egg (optional) and a dash of vanilla (or some other extract flavoring) and whiz them up in the blender for a tasty, health shake. Want some sweetening? Add some stevia. I get it in little packets like sugar, so just one packet will more than do. Or make Yogurt Popcicles (or Yo-cicles) by taking a cup of plain yogurt, adding a dash of vanilla or some other flavoring extract of your choice, and a packet of stevia, and mix it al together and pour it into popsicle molds, insert sticks and freeze. Makes a great treat when you're hot, or just want a frozen confection. If you want some veggies and you want to dip them in something, just take some of the yogurt and add Mrs. Dash or some other herb blend. No more boring veggies.

So you see these are just a few ways to think outside the box, so to speak. And best of all, they require NO Cooking.

I know we're all giving you suggestions which sound to you as if we're telling you what you absolutely have to do no matter what, and that makes us sound bossy. But we honestly don't mean to be. It's just that we've all been where you are now, to varying degrees, and we all know that a good, solid eating plan is the most important part of beating the yeast. You're just going have to work at it in little bits until you find what's right for you.

A suggested question for the dietitian; does she (or he) know where there are cooking classes you can take? If you're going to be on this eating plan then you just going to have to break down and learn to cook whether you want to or not. Just remember you're not trying to be some world famous chef, you're just one person who wants to make healthy and nutritious food for yourself. And who knows, you might just find it fun. [/COLOR]

Last edited by ceccarp; 01-05-2009 at 11:43 PM..
Old 01-06-2009, 12:02 AM   #1350
Senior LCF Member

[COLOR="Purple"]O...M....G.... I just read though the sugar list, and after all that I still have a sugar craving. Luckily what sugar I have in the house is put away or still sealed in it's packaging. I will never look at sugar and sugary foods the same way again. [/COLOR]
Closed Thread