Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Candida and Yeast
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 06:19 PM   #1171
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: willBfit
I was wondering about making a machine for it. That stuff is super expensive!! I'm not mechanically inclined at all, whatsoever. So, I'll probably have to wait until my son is older. He's really good at putting stuff together.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2008, 09:02 AM   #1172
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DesertRose
Thank you, thank you, Fawn. Just ten minutes ago I sprayed my ears again with Colidal Silver. It seems to be the only thing that helps when inner ear soreness flares up. The residue in my ears is way better, but the soreness comes and goes. So many people say the silver is not effective, so I sat down to search, and lo, found our new category finally! I've been brushing twice a day with VCO last few days to work up to oil pulling again, and to whiten teeth. That maybe caused the flareup? Thanks again. You always help.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:08 AM   #1173
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sassa67
It has taken me a long time to read through this entire thread! I've only missed a few pages. I feel I know you. But now it's time for me to stop lurking and tell you my story. Sorry in advance for it being so long.

My initial symptoms that made me research Candida overgrowth in the first place were severe joint pains in the shoulders and arms. It came all of a sudden after a week of flu-like symptoms w bronchitis, and it felt like some infection went right from the lungs to the shoulder joints. Weird. Had it for several months. I went through extensive testing to rule out other things, and the only thing that showed up with my bloodwork was an inflammation. My doc said it might be Cronic Fatigue Syndrome, which I dismissed because I - as many people - had prejudices based on lack of information, and because I didn't think I had the psychological aspect of the condition. I ocasionally had a very sudden intense fatigue that would go over after dropping everything I was doing and taking a power nap, but my doc said that could be after effects of having had Mono last year. Then I spent a few weeks taking turmeric suplements for the inflammation, taking steam showers, bought a far infrared lamp for $100, taking pain killers (to build up my physical activity again,to build up my muscles again, to be able to do the kind of physical activity that really makes me happy (dancing)).
Feeling better already but not satisfied, I started researching CFS and found out that many people w CFS also are battling candida overgrowth.

Eureka!
All of a sudden things were clear to me. Over the last several years I'd been several times to my doctor with flu-symptoms (tested negative for the flu, but one of those times it had been Mono), and it always developed into either a bad sinus infection or bronchitis. Also, I'd been having excessive bloating on and off, sometimes with severe stomach cramps. Don't get me started on how many times I've had antibiotics (for lyme disease (twice), bladder infections, sinus infections, bronchitis, C-section 6 years ago...) and yeast infections that would never end, or reccur 2 weeks later. Little did I know that it could all be related.

So, I went cold turkey on all the 'bad' foods.
I initially cut out all the no-no's from different websites and books, including tomatoes, eggplant, bell peppers, all fruit except citrus and cranberry, all dairy, coffee, tea, anything made from wheat flour and anything sweet or ending with -ose.

My die-off symptoms were really bad : mainly headache, congestion with bleeding nose sores, rectal and vaginal itching, bloating... (BTW, I found a great home remedy for both nose sores and rectal itching).

So, my new-found interest in diet turned into a very time consuming passion, but more and more interesting the deeper I went. I had to ease up my cold-turkey approach and started re-introducing certain things into my diet on and off. I keep a detailed food diary and note how I feel to see if I ate something the day before that by body didn't like.

Here's what suplements work for me: flax or fish oil, multi vitamin, garlic capsules, turmeric (inflatrol), grapefruit seed extract.
I am slowly building up my tolerance to coconut oil: I systematically get a headache after I eat it.
I was already taking ACV pure for sinus infections, and started experimenting more with drinks (ACV, sparkling water, lemon juice, swedish bitters (or angustura), xylitol, and sometimes adding aloe vera juice... mmm, a grown-up drink with no alcohol! Try it served in a large wine glass with ice. I even served a variation of this for my underage college students when they visited recently, they were raving about it. Also, do a search on NYtimes.com for vinegar shrub for more ACV recipes)

The #1 thing I can't be without is my kefir! So much better, more potent, and cheaper than taking acidophilus suplements or eating yoghurt. I found a wealth of info on Dom's kefir in-site (google it), I joined their yahoo news group and started wondering why so many people were talking about raw milk.

...Which led me to Weston Price foundation, which opened a whole new world. A major AHA moment. So it's the ethics in our food instry that's the problem! Over processed foods robbed of nutritional value.

Yeah! I CAN have dairy, I CAN have bread! But I have to go out of my way to get the good stuff. Luckily here in SC we CAN legally buy raw organic milk in health food stores. There is so much more lactose in pasteurized milk. Lactose is the stuff that feeds yeast, no? Not thee milk proteins, as far as I understand. Go look at realmilk.com and weston price. (BTW, for you Atkins fans, he writes 'the first chapter of her book is so right on target that I feel a little guilty for taking her ideas..." about Sally Fallon's book nourishing tradtions. She's the president of Weston Price Foundation, I believe.)

And bread! REAL sourdough (with no commercial yeast), dough that has had a long fermentation and that's made with freshly milled organic whole wheat flour. YESSS!!!

I am such a foodie, so eating a balanced diet with salads, lots of veggies and good meats and fish is normal for my diet. But food being so important in my life, I don't want to compromise. So now, I'm making kefir with raw milk, making cheese with strained kefir (it's easier than I imagined), and I'm baking my own sourdough bread (once you get a system going, it's not that time consuming). I also put coffee back into my diet for sanity reasons - I so truly love my extra strong espresso made of beans that were ground seconds before brewing. It makes sense to me that there is just as big a difference for grinding flour.

All in all, learning about a candida diet has been a positive thing for me. I end up eating better tasting and healthier food. My family couldn't be happier also. It's not a compromise. It sure was in the very beginning. I couldn't imagine continuing on an anti candida diet for very long. The hardest thing for me is when I'm eating out and to remember to take all my suplements. AND to stay away from wine. Hmm, I guess that's the hardest one. I occasionally have a half glass. In general, I'm feeling a lot better. My low days are a lot less frequent now.

I didn't start my low larb diet to lose weight, but if I do, it's a bonus. Surprisingly I've been really stable with my weight the whole 4 months I've been at it, with no change even since I've reintroduced raw milk dairy and whole grain bread.

Thanks to you all for sharing your stories and contributing to our collective knowledge.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:28 PM   #1174
Nik
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Nik
Stats: (299) 295/287/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/25/07; 1/4/09; 8/28/12
Yeast in the toilet-what does it look like in urine?
Old 12-11-2008, 11:07 PM   #1175
Senior LCF Member

Wow, Sassa! Congrats on getting your health back, it sounds like you have really been through it! I am going to read your post again and start researching your info. I totally agree about ethics in the food industry. I'm not all about conspiracy theory but, for sure, this country has been ruined by greed. SO sad.

Thanks for all the great stuff!
Old 12-12-2008, 05:53 AM   #1176
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: DiSa
Stats: 193/190/160
WOE: LC - 90 Day Blitz Challenge
Start Date: 6/28/2010
Nik, when I started my CO I had extreme kill off something terrible and my urine was had stuff almost like chunks of soaked tissue paper first then cloudiness as things progressed....the bm was scary girl, like long strands of weeds!
Old 12-12-2008, 08:30 AM   #1177
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LadyN
Stats: 299/232/130
WOE: Atkins 72/IF/dairy free
Start Date: 08/20/2012 Restart
Wow Sassa! I am so glad you posted your story. It is so great to see someone else regain their health by listening to thier body and changing the diet etc.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:40 AM   #1178
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gingerfurball
Stats: 204/192/150....5' 9"
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: 01/02/14
Hi guys I've been lurking in here for a few days and I would really appreciate your advice.

About two weeks ago I went to the bathroom and had a normal motion (sorry!) about an hour later I felt a deep pressure in my back passage....about an hour after that a large hemorhhoid came down. I was very upset about this....i had no warning or history (well I had them after my son was born 17 years ago but no reoccurance at all)

I started to treat it with OTC medication...this was seeming to have no effect whatsoever. However after a couple of days I started to get a terrible itch in my back passge and in my female parts! To such an extent I thought i was going to go insane!

I visited my doc who said I had thrush and gave me Canestan with Hydrocortisone plus an analgesic (no pun intended!)

Having used this for 3 days I know for a fact that the yeast infection has spread....if i don't medicate regularly I feel like I'm going to die with the itch. Also the hemorhhoid is not improving at all. i'm seeing my doc in 2 days to see if I can do anything else about this.

To recap on my year....I've had one of the most stressful years of my life. I trained for an Ironman race, completed 2/3 of it but had to pull out as I got sunstroke. My daughter got married in July and although we are really, really happy about it i found it quite stressful (I actually had several anxiety attacks leading up to it).

Our business was audited and our accountant went AWOL for several months (this is still not resolved) and our finances were under quite a strain....so you can see a very stressful year.

My diet is reasonably low carb, but I do like my glass of wine. I don't lose weight easily at all! Hovering around the 175 mark.

I would really, really appreciate any input into all of this. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:09 AM   #1179
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: luckiangel
Stats: 316/293/150
WOE: Atkins/Lower Carb
Start Date: 2003-ongoing
Quote:
Originally Posted by willBfit View Post
I have yet to meet a MD that thinks a so called "healthy" person has problems with yeast overgrowth. One of these days, I want to meet a real holistic doctor. Anyone know any in North Florida?
i'm not a doctor (yet) but i do have a masters degree is natural healing and metaphysics. I am also a medical professional...talk about oxymorons!! i hear ya on the deaf ears and the candida thing. drop me a line anytime.....i beat candida once but it's back...i find as far as diet goes atkins really is a great way to go. there's always the elimination diet and you can find alot of information about candida and diet in THe Yeast COnnection. it also has a cookbook to go with it. tea tree oil, colloidal silver and caprylic acid work wonders...depending on where it is.

fyi.....candida stools are thin and pencil like...large bm's are not very characteristic of having candida but i guess are possible especially with constipation. of course eating non sugary or starchy foods and veggies will help to die it off. plenty of fiber to flush it out and water. no wheat products, yeast or white products either.

Last edited by luckiangel; 12-15-2008 at 06:12 AM..
Old 12-15-2008, 08:31 AM   #1180
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerfurball View Post
Hi guys I've been lurking in here for a few days and I would really appreciate your advice.

About two weeks ago I went to the bathroom and had a normal motion (sorry!) about an hour later I felt a deep pressure in my back passage....about an hour after that a large hemorhhoid came down. I was very upset about this....i had no warning or history (well I had them after my son was born 17 years ago but no reoccurance at all)

I started to treat it with OTC medication...this was seeming to have no effect whatsoever. However after a couple of days I started to get a terrible itch in my back passge and in my female parts! To such an extent I thought i was going to go insane!

I visited my doc who said I had thrush and gave me Canestan with Hydrocortisone plus an analgesic (no pun intended!)

Having used this for 3 days I know for a fact that the yeast infection has spread....if i don't medicate regularly I feel like I'm going to die with the itch. Also the hemorhhoid is not improving at all. i'm seeing my doc in 2 days to see if I can do anything else about this.

To recap on my year....I've had one of the most stressful years of my life. I trained for an Ironman race, completed 2/3 of it but had to pull out as I got sunstroke. My daughter got married in July and although we are really, really happy about it i found it quite stressful (I actually had several anxiety attacks leading up to it).

Our business was audited and our accountant went AWOL for several months (this is still not resolved) and our finances were under quite a strain....so you can see a very stressful year.

My diet is reasonably low carb, but I do like my glass of wine. I don't lose weight easily at all! Hovering around the 175 mark.

I would really, really appreciate any input into all of this. Thanks in advance.
First off I just want to congratulate you for still being able to think of taking care of yourself after such stess! I am so sorry to hear about all that has happened to you. Because of all these things it is even MORE imperative that you continue to take care or your body and be sure to eat and drink to heal your body.

I think you may have some definite issues with yeast, and you may benefit from doing the protocol. TAke it SLOWLY!! Post your typical days menu so we can help you decide what to cut first. Start taking CO, ACV with the mother and drinking the Pau D'arco tea. Those will start killing what ever is there in a genler milder fashion. Start with 1 tsp of CO per day and work your way up to about 4-6 TBSP per day then start on the other anit-fungals.

I will try to link all the info you need. Look for a separate thread later today that I will post to put all the info in one place that is easily accesssible for everyone. I hope I have helped you some. Just continue to post so we can all help you further.

Nichole
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me Phil 4:13

Mini Goal: 250 met in May
Mini Goal: 200
Mini goal #2: For my current wardrobe to be too big (26-28) May hit size 22-24!
Next Goal: size 16-18 by BDAY in March
Walk 3 days a week
Old 12-16-2008, 02:12 AM   #1181
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckiangel View Post
i'm not a doctor (yet) but i do have a masters degree is natural healing and metaphysics. I am also a medical professional...talk about oxymorons!! i hear ya on the deaf ears and the candida thing. drop me a line anytime.....i beat candida once but it's back...i find as far as diet goes atkins really is a great way to go. there's always the elimination diet and you can find alot of information about candida and diet in THe Yeast COnnection. it also has a cookbook to go with it. tea tree oil, colloidal silver and caprylic acid work wonders...depending on where it is.

fyi.....candida stools are thin and pencil like...large bm's are not very characteristic of having candida but i guess are possible especially with constipation. of course eating non sugary or starchy foods and veggies will help to die it off. plenty of fiber to flush it out and water. no wheat products, yeast or white products either.

Thanks for the reply and since you offered, I do have a quick question. I've read "Candida Cure" books and they all seem to have different opinions on what foods to cut out. Of course, there are the standards like wheat and sugar but what about fermented foods? And if I do Atkinns, can I eat cheese even though candida books tell me not to? I think that I have gotten so overwhelmed with all the different ideas that I've sort of fallen off the band wagon. I still take my supplements and every day I begin my day with the best of intentions to eat right but it never fails, I fail. The lure of sugar and starches proves to be to much. I know they say it's useless to take anti-fungals unless you quit feeding them but I'm not stopping the supplements, it makes me feel like I have the cooties in check somewhat. I read L-glutamine would help with my sugar cravings but so far, it hasn't helped me yet. I still take it because I read it would help heal my gut. I just can't seem to quit eating junk. I MIGHT be able to last one day but by the next, I'm eating everything in sight. What the heck is wrong with me?

Sorry about that that, I'm so frustrated with myself. Anyway, my question is, can I do Atkins even though parts of it go against candida diets? I think I have a chance of adhering to Atkins way more than the other diets. I guess I just need the affirmation.

Thanks so much for your time and knowledge.

[COLOR="Purple"]If you have friends like mine, raise your glasses. If not, raise your standards![/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.[/COLOR]
Old 12-16-2008, 05:50 AM   #1182
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Thanks for the reply and since you offered, I do have a quick question. I've read "Candida Cure" books and they all seem to have different opinions on what foods to cut out. Of course, there are the standards like wheat and sugar but what about fermented foods? And if I do Atkinns, can I eat cheese even though candida books tell me not to? I think that I have gotten so overwhelmed with all the different ideas that I've sort of fallen off the band wagon. I still take my supplements and every day I begin my day with the best of intentions to eat right but it never fails, I fail. The lure of sugar and starches proves to be to much. I know they say it's useless to take anti-fungals unless you quit feeding them but I'm not stopping the supplements, it makes me feel like I have the cooties in check somewhat. I read L-glutamine would help with my sugar cravings but so far, it hasn't helped me yet. I still take it because I read it would help heal my gut. I just can't seem to quit eating junk. I MIGHT be able to last one day but by the next, I'm eating everything in sight. What the heck is wrong with me?

Sorry about that that, I'm so frustrated with myself. Anyway, my question is, can I do Atkins even though parts of it go against candida diets? I think I have a chance of adhering to Atkins way more than the other diets. I guess I just need the affirmation.

Hi jaime. there's nothing wrong with you...it's the candida pushing you on. i learned when i was very sick with it that what you crave is what you are sensitive to. When i was sick with it i developed food sensitivities. I was sensitive to 7 major food groups. but once i went through the elimination diet and started adding foods back one at a time i was able to handle all but 2 so now i have an allergy to beef and milk. Fermented foods are made with yeast so eating those will only add to the problem. Cultured foods are made with yeast. Atkins has a yeast diet or menu. It's in the book. Take a look at that and see how it compares to doing Atkins normally. Nichole's post about the coconut oil and such was great! I had forgotten about that as well. Well i hope that helped.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:03 AM   #1183
Blabbermouth!!!

i also found that l-glutamine did not help my cravings either. i have taken l-carnitine which worked better for me.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:22 AM   #1184
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Hi jaime. there's nothing wrong with you...it's the candida pushing you on. i learned when i was very sick with it that what you crave is what you are sensitive to. When i was sick with it i developed food sensitivities. I was sensitive to 7 major food groups. but once i went through the elimination diet and started adding foods back one at a time i was able to handle all but 2 so now i have an allergy to beef and milk. Fermented foods are made with yeast so eating those will only add to the problem. Cultured foods are made with yeast. Atkins has a yeast diet or menu. It's in the book. Take a look at that and see how it compares to doing Atkins normally. Nichole's post about the coconut oil and such was great! I had forgotten about that as well. Well i hope that helped.
Fermented foods are made with yeast? That's not true. Fermented foods are made with bacteria/Microbes. Take for example sauerkraut. All it is, is Cabbage, water and salt. You let it ferment and the natural bacteria on it causes the sour taste. It is Anti-yeast. I always thought that vinegar was added to it, but that's not true.

Fermentation is Fun: How to get started with Fermented Foods at Home.

How to Successfully Overcome Candida

Fermented Vegetables

The best way to eat plant foods is by fermenting them, i.e. sauerkraut, kimchi, etc. Fermentation makes the friendly bacteria of the microscopic world do some digesting in a container. Fermented vegetables are pre-digested which makes them much easier for humans to digest than raw or cooked vegetables.

Fermented vegetables also stabilize stomach acid in the stomach, meaning that if acid is too high they will lower it, and if acid is too low they will raise it. It is recommended that you eat at least one tablespoon of fermented vegetables with every meal. Buy unpasteurized organic sauerkraut from the health food store or make your own.

All candida sufferers must eliminate grains, seeds, nut and legumes in order to overcome candida, and it is highly recommended that you eat some fermented vegetables with every meal.

------------------

Cultured and Fermented foods are not made with yeast.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:30 AM   #1185

Ahh...I see where some fermented foods do have yeast added to it, but those would be the highly processed kind? Not the Natural kind?

It would be one of those things, that if you don't make it yourself, you need to read the ingrediants and label carefully.

Like, the Saurkraut you buy from the store is not a "live" fermented food. The bacteria is killed in the "heating" process.

It's like Cottage cheese and sour cream (cultured) what people normally buy isn't the real deal, it has so much added to it that would feed the yeast....but, there are a few brands that are the "real" deal and are a lot more expensive, but the product is WAY better.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:36 AM   #1186

This would be the same concept with "Raw Apple Cider Vinegar". That is anti-yeast, but other vinegars (you buy in the store) feed yeast.

The processing kills the healthy bacteria (heating), they strip it of everything and the only thing left is the sour taste. Instead of being "anti-yeast", it now feeds the yeast.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:00 AM   #1187

Gallery: fawn
Those anti candida diets claiming that cheese can be consumed is one I would not follow.

luckiangel, combinging the L-glute with the L-carn is helpful for cravings.

and Jamie, YMMV but yeast is a powerful fungi and alternating your remedies will be your best choice. This can take up to a year to rid yourself and you may never completely rather just keep it in minute colonies without rearing its ugly head.

I'll give you some exact clear directions on how DH made his colloidal silver machine. It's pretty cool! It was also easy.

a small fish tank pump
tubing
an old printer cord
a 32 oz. mason jar with plasic lid
2 one ounce pure silver bars (99.9%)
Alligator clips

I'll write out the directions and post a photo later this week. He's now putting the CS in his ear as well, drinking it.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:11 AM   #1188
Blabbermouth!!!

remember to supplement with acidophilus when trying to get rid of candida. killing off the candida without supplementing it with the "good" kind of yeast will afford the candida space to come back.

tooter, thanks for the clarification of fermenting foods. when i dealt with it they only told me that anything fermented would make it worse. my lab work kept me thinking that yeast ferments. guess i got stuck in that thought. there are plenty of bacteria that also ferments.

as fawn pointed out getting rid of candida takes a long time. it is normally found in our digestive tracts so feeding it what it wants even after having gotten rid of it will possibly promote more growth. thanks for silver machine directions fawn!
Old 12-16-2008, 12:09 PM   #1189

Gallery: fawn
Great reminder on the gut flora as well! Especially when one is supplementing with items such as GSE and colloidal silver. Always remember folks, the digestive tract is considered the second brain of the body.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:51 PM   #1190
Major LCF Poster!

I have a coloidal silver supplement that is clear. What color does your coloidal silver come out? The brand I have is Sovereign Silver Colloidal silver hydrosol 10 ppm. Is that a good brand?
Old 12-17-2008, 03:39 AM   #1191

Quote:
remember to supplement with acidophilus when trying to get rid of candida. killing off the candida without supplementing it with the "good" kind of yeast will afford the candida space to come back.

tooter, thanks for the clarification of fermenting foods. when i dealt with it they only told me that anything fermented would make it worse. my lab work kept me thinking that yeast ferments. guess i got stuck in that thought. there are plenty of bacteria that also ferments.

as fawn pointed out getting rid of candida takes a long time. it is normally found in our digestive tracts so feeding it what it wants even after having gotten rid of it will possibly promote more growth. thanks for silver machine directions fawn!
luckiangel, I used to think the same thing about the "fermented" food. The "Diet" part of this is so confusing. There are no two diets that are alike in their advice. That's what is so hard about the Candida Diet.

One will say "No fermented foods at all". The other will say that "fermented" foods are helpful if they are Naturally fermented foods.

One will say "No Vinegar at all" the other will say "Only Raw Apple cider vinegar and that is anti-yeast".
Old 12-17-2008, 03:48 AM   #1192

Quote:

I think the best advice is to take things "One step at a time". You can't "cure" Candida all at once. Truly, you have to go through "Stages". This, not only helps ease the "Die off" (so that it's not so intense) but it eases you into it and helps you get stronger in your body and in your resolve to take care of it.

My own advice would be to Start off with Atkins. You sound so over whelmed. Start out with "Normal" atkins, including the cheese and cream (Heck, that's how most of us started out). Once you get that into your belt, you then could "tweak" it down to getting rid of the dairy and cheese for awhile. Then you could add something anti-yeast into your diet.

One step at a time. You can't get Candida, back into a balance all at once. It truly takes time and stages. You take it one step/stage at a time.

Trying to be "Perfect" and doing everything all at once will only cause you to have extreme "die off", feel awful...and make it even harder to fight the yeast.

Get Atkins, under your belt first. Then decide your next step. Get that under your belt...Then moved to the next step.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:13 AM   #1193
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
luckiangel, I used to think the same thing about the "fermented" food. The "Diet" part of this is so confusing. There are no two diets that are alike in their advice. That's what is so hard about the Candida Diet.

One will say "No fermented foods at all". The other will say that "fermented" foods are helpful if they are Naturally fermented foods.

One will say "No Vinegar at all" the other will say "Only Raw Apple cider vinegar and that is anti-yeast".

That's why i went with the Yeast Connection. Very simple, straightforward and easy to follow. The cookbook has alot of ideas and don't take long to prepare..they use real, whole foods...nothing out of the ordinary. The research is priceless. i found it to be a God send.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:38 PM   #1194
Senior LCF Member

Ok, guys, thanks for all the great advice. I have noticed that by the end of the day of not eating yeast-feeding "junk", I get a really bad headache. Maybe this is why I have always broken down and eaten the junk, to feel better. Whatever the reason, I really want to stop. I am going to the book store tomorrow (it's an hour away) to check out these books. (I lost my Atkins book long time ago) I haven't read Yeast Connection yet but I want to. It's good advice to take it one step at a time. Once I get some things under control, then I will focus on others.

Fawn, what is YMMV? Sorry, haven't been here long enough to get the abbrev's yet.

Thanks again everybody. To top everything off, my computer got a virus and is at the shop so I only get on here when I am at my grandmother's house. But I will keep checking for all the great advice!
Old 12-18-2008, 06:27 AM   #1195

Quote:
Ok, guys, thanks for all the great advice. I have noticed that by the end of the day of not eating yeast-feeding "junk", I get a really bad headache. Maybe this is why I have always broken down and eaten the junk, to feel better. Whatever the reason, I really want to stop. I am going to the book store tomorrow (it's an hour away) to check out these books. (I lost my Atkins book long time ago) I haven't read Yeast Connection yet but I want to. It's good advice to take it one step at a time. Once I get some things under control, then I will focus on others.

Fawn, what is YMMV? Sorry, haven't been here long enough to get the abbrev's yet.

Thanks again everybody. To top everything off, my computer got a virus and is at the shop so I only get on here when I am at my grandmother's house. But I will keep checking for all the great advice!
You've heard of the "Induction Flu" right? Well, in this thread (I can't remember what page) we were talking and really think that the "Induction flu" has to do with "Yeast Die off". It makes sense. We think this is why "Induction flu" is so different for different people. Why it lasts a couple of days for some and even longer for others.

Your first step, would be to make it through "Induction" with no cheats. After a few days, you will come to the Other side of it and actually feel better!!!!

YMMV? That stands for "Your Mileage May Vary".
Old 12-18-2008, 11:20 AM   #1196
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Excemasucks
I've registered to talk about this problem which seems to be ruining my life

I have Excema which I've had since a child. When I was a teenager I had antibiotics for acne for about a year and a half plus other antibiotics through-out my life. I have a white coating on my tounge and aches and pains. I seem to be ok in the day (daylight) but on a night house lights annoy me. I prefer a dark environment. I also have some short term memory loss and weapy excema on my face (which could be yeast related) I've had swobs and I'm waiting for the results from my face and tounge. I've had this on my tougne for about four years but always thought it was due to a dry mouth. I have trouble sleeping. I came across candida by accident while searching for a wheat allergy and immediately went on the diet.

I have been taking probiotic yoghurt and yakult. Eating fruit only once a day and avoiding sugar and yeast products. I still have tea two or three times a day (I need caffine) and othertimes I drink camomile or ginger and lemon.

I also have peppermint tea, is that a sugar or a herb?

I've done the spit in a glass test and mine showed strings. Although my doctor said he's never heard of this and it might be rubbish. BUT I've been eating wheat and some cereals (cornflakes only have 2g of sugar per bowl - same with rice krispies) I didn't know that you had to avoid wheat. How can you do this? If you avois tin food and wheat there's nothing to eat!

I was having yeast free bread and rivita and if I cut these out too there's nothing left for breakfast or super! Who has the time to make fresh veg all the time?

Is eating wheat all that bad? I am feeling terrible at the moment with what seems to be a die off. Even with the wheat. HELP!

Last edited by Excemasucks; 12-18-2008 at 11:25 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 12-18-2008, 01:38 PM   #1197
Major LCF Poster!

First I want to say exemasucks! I know it is so hard dealing with all of the symptoms you describe as well as overwhelming. The first thing you need to do is to read some of the links posted in the early parts of this thread to understand yeast and what it likes.

Yeast likes: ANY bread, pasta, rice, cereal, fruit, sugars, starches, potatoes (these all have carbs that feed the yeast) they also love mushrooms, dairy products, vinegars (except for Braggs with the mother in it) products that contain vinegars like mustard and mayo. Nuts also have mold that feeds the yeast and compromise the immune system.

Four Steps to Overcoming Candida

* Step 1 – Eliminate foods that feed candida.
* Step 2 – Build up your immune system.
* Step 3 – Kill off candida overgrowth.
* Step 4 – Plant good bacteria in the digestive tract

So what do you eat? Your diet should starve the yeast plain and simple. That means completely eliminating those known "yeast feeders!" Well first off Take it slowly! Do not try to do everything at once or you will completely derail your efforts.

Start by removing all sugars, then all starches from your diet, then move on to removing fruit, then nuts, lastly dairy. Eat good protein and be sure to eat enough fat! Eat non starchy veggies! So what does a menu look like?

B: 2 eggs, steak, onions

L: Steak and cabbage with onions and garlic
D: Chicken and cucumbers dressed in ACV(with the mother) salt and pepper

Drink plenty of pure water. I drink a tension tamer tea with CO and clove oil

Supplements to begin: antifungals
CO Coconut oil start with 1 tsp. per day and work up to 5-6 TBS
ACV (With the Mother) 2-3 Tbsp per day mixed in water
Pau d'arco tea a mild natural anti fungal

Next after you are able to handle the diet and these supplements, then start taking a more powerful anti fungal in addition to those things such as:
Olive leaf extract
Grapefruitseed extract
Oil of Oregano
Clove oil
Raw garlic cloves or garlic capsules

Rotate these by taking each for 7 days and then switching. There are other supplements that you need too, like a good multi, E,C, EFA's, Cod Liver oil, and others that I will try to put in a post soon. Please visit this site for good instructions on the protocol: here

YOu really should get Dr. Atkins book and read it and think about commiting to a low carb diet. Once you have your eating on course then you can begin supplementing to kill the yeast.

This is a great place for support on our journey! Please do not be discouraged by all of the steps. I thought I would never get to the point that I could give up dairy! LOL I did it and I don't miss it. Now if I could just start exercising more!
Old 12-18-2008, 02:03 PM   #1198
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Excemasucks
Thank you for replying - I do appreciate it. However since this time I have found this:

Research, Articles, Downloads

The Candida confusion a free book that can be read online or printed out.

I would seriously recommend that anyone reads this before starting any diet. It basically says how websites are misleading and contridictory and how that the die off phase is a miff. Consider why you don't feel bad when you use antibiotics? They supposedly kill off good and bad bacteria. He's not saying that candida problems don't exist. He's saying they're blaimed for everything which they do not cause. So, I think for me I'm gonna get my swop results and then see a dietian if the results show yeast on my tougne and skin.

Good luck everyone
Old 12-18-2008, 03:28 PM   #1199
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excemasucks View Post
Thank you for replying - I do appreciate it. However since this time I have found this:

Research, Articles, Downloads

The Candida confusion a free book that can be read online or printed out.

I would seriously recommend that anyone reads this before starting any diet. It basically says how websites are misleading and contridictory and how that the die off phase is a miff. Consider why you don't feel bad when you use antibiotics? They supposedly kill off good and bad bacteria. He's not saying that candida problems don't exist. He's saying they're blaimed for everything which they do not cause. So, I think for me I'm gonna get my swop results and then see a dietian if the results show yeast on my tougne and skin.

Good luck everyone
That statement is definitely false! I have experienced those dreaded symptoms. I for one am NOT confused about the legitimacy of candida and it's effects on my health! The only "confusion" if there is such a thing is the method of how to eradicate it. Many times each person has a unique set of circumstances that make HOW they handle the protocol different. These sites all agree that sugars, starches, grains, etc. need to be eliminated. The difference then becomes what each individual finds to work for them. There is no cut and dry way to do anything quite frankly. Consider how different each person's own Low Carb diet is. Some have to stay above 30 grams of carbs, some can eat fewer carbs. Some people eat 60 carbs per day.

The bottom line: Candida is prevalent in our society and it does cause a plethora of problems. If you have an overgrowth, then it needs to be dealt with as part of a commitment to GOOD HEALTH. This means taking time to listen to your body and responding accordingly. Best wishes on your journey.

Last edited by LadyN; 12-18-2008 at 03:34 PM.. Reason: went to read the article linked
Old 12-18-2008, 07:03 PM   #1200
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyN View Post
That statement is definitely false! I have experienced those dreaded symptoms. I for one am NOT confused about the legitimacy of candida and it's effects on my health! The only "confusion" if there is such a thing is the method of how to eradicate it. Many times each person has a unique set of circumstances that make HOW they handle the protocol different. These sites all agree that sugars, starches, grains, etc. need to be eliminated. The difference then becomes what each individual finds to work for them. There is no cut and dry way to do anything quite frankly. Consider how different each person's own Low Carb diet is. Some have to stay above 30 grams of carbs, some can eat fewer carbs. Some people eat 60 carbs per day.

The bottom line: Candida is prevalent in our society and it does cause a plethora of problems. If you have an overgrowth, then it needs to be dealt with as part of a commitment to GOOD HEALTH. This means taking time to listen to your body and responding accordingly. Best wishes on your journey.

i have to agree with you! when i found out about candida i read articles that told of countless numbers of autopsies that were performed where candida was prevalent in the body and never mentioned on the death certificate as even a condition because it is normally found in the body.
What the medical community won't tell you is that candida is NOT normal in all parts of the body nor is it normal to have an overgrowth. When i was diagnosed it was found to be in my blood stream, in the blood brain barrier, my uterus, my intestines and my lungs. I have developed asthma, lost my reproductive organs and food allergies as a result of the presence of this organism. The die off is not a miff. The yeast will find a way out of the body either through urination, bowel movements or through the skin. pimple like ulcers will form and look like white heads surrounded by a red ring..when they pop they get worse. the itching, the lack of concentration, the headaches, the bread odor and the slimy urine are all very real........the holistic community does embrace and take very seriously the condition of candida...it is very real and very uncomfortable and very damaging.
Closed Thread