Stats: 195/167/155 5'9"
WOE: Atkins - organic & humanely raised
Start Date: Feb 2007
imitation coconut flavor.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2008, 06:58 PM   #1142
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RachelleS
I haven't started the coconut oil yet - how do you take it? Alone, in something????

I am taking Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar - 1 Tbsp in water with one packet of True Lime and one packet of True Lemon. It actually isn't too bad that way. Once in the morning and once at night. I'm suppose to take 3 Tbsp. a day though correct?

I'm going back to researching .

Rachelle
Old 11-20-2008, 09:07 PM   #1143
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skeeweeaka
Stats: 235/215/135
WOE: Low Carb! Alternate Day!
Start Date: March 2008! January '09 Restart!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisabinil View Post
Definitely when something on your body turns black-see a doc!!!
Hey Lisa...I saw a doctor several years ago for it and that is when he confirmed that it was yeast overgrowth and gave me some cream THAT DIDN'T WORK! He, of course, was useless! I've been fighting with it ever since. He didn't, however, scrape it and do a biopsy which is what I am going to ask my internist to do!

I was researching it on the internet and it said it could be Lichen Planus which is an autoimmune disorder which turns black after it heals up...it is supposed to go away but the darkness never does!

quote=RachelleS;11167642]I haven't started the coconut oil yet - how do you take it? Alone, in something????

I am taking Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar - 1 Tbsp in water with one packet of True Lime and one packet of True Lemon. It actually isn't too bad that way. Once in the morning and once at night. I'm suppose to take 3 Tbsp. a day though correct?

I'm going back to researching .

Rachelle[/quote]

Hey Rachelle, I take the coconut oil in my coffee usually and I cook with it. I use extra virgin coconut oil, however! Also I take the Bragg's ACV 3X day in warm water with my oregano oil mixed in!

TJ
235/[COLOR=red]215[/COLOR]/135
Goals for this Month...1. Drink 96 ounces of water a day. 2. Exercise 3 days a week. 3. Eat at BMR at least 3 days week!

Last edited by skeeweeaka; 11-20-2008 at 09:09 PM..
Old 11-21-2008, 08:10 AM   #1144
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: WenB
Stats: 311 (h)/247.8 (i)/241 (c)/20-24% Body Fat (g)
WOE: Lap Band - Atkins Modified for Candida - BMR
Start Date: Induction on 7/22/08; Surgery 12/06
TJ - I've been adding two packets of True Orange and a few drops of stevia to my ACV - I haven't tried the Lemon or Lime yet - sounds like I need to do some more shopping!
Old 11-21-2008, 08:13 AM   #1145
Junior LCF Member

Thanks TJ. Unfortunately I am hooked on gas station cappucino's and I don't like coffee so I'm trying to come up with a new drink that I can use the CO in without the sugar. I am starting Monday and between the no cappucino, no nuts, and no unsweetened almond milk - I'm going to have to come up with a bunch of new things I can eat. It doesn't help that I am too picky. I know it is just getting through the craving part and all I'm doing now is helping the cravings by feeding them. I quit drinking diet pop for a long time but started up again six months ago - I have a 20 oz bottle a day pretty much. So that is another thing I need to quit.

I exercise 4-5 times a week - I did take a couple of months off not that long ago. I was rebelling from my eating plan to exercise and took a break from it all. Luckily I didn't gain anymore weight by taking the break but since I added the exercise back in my middle is getting HUGE. I was even asked a couple of weeks ago if I was pregnant and that hasn't happened in four years.

It's a mind thing and I just need to reset it - it can be done.

I posted this on another thread but will here too -

"I am still searching information - after trying Candex and IntestiNew and almost dying from that - I am looking for a way to get rid of the yeast that isn't going to send me to the ER or pass out. What is "egg cream" and where can I find more recipes?

I'll keep searching but if you know a short cut, I would love to have it ."

Since I am laying out a new eating plan this weekend, I need to find what I can to replace what I'm eating now - the hardest things to replace will be snacks. I have been eating trail mix (peanuts, craisins, M&M's), Luna bars, apples, etc. I'm not going to do everything at once (I've been having soup and 1/2 a turkey wrap in a gluten free, low carb flat wrap and will keep that for a bit) but if I can start with the majority right away to kick the sugar cravings, I think that will be the ticket.

Thanks, Rachelle
Old 11-21-2008, 08:23 AM   #1146
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

An egg cream is raw eggs, coconut milk (or for non-yeast fighters HWC), tea or coffee, sweetner, and ice - all blended together.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:54 PM   #1147
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: duece49424
Stats: 230 start 3/16/10..lifetime goal 150
WOE: low carb/healthylifestyle - struggling with binges
Biker - good idea....imitation coconut.....have you tried it? just got my new Divinci order....wish I would have known...maybe the health food store has it!
Old 11-22-2008, 04:55 PM   #1148
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BikerAng
Stats: 195/167/155 5'9"
WOE: Atkins - organic & humanely raised
Start Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by duece49424 View Post
Biker - good idea....imitation coconut.....have you tried it? just got my new Divinci order....wish I would have known...maybe the health food store has it!
McCormick has an imitation coconut extract (like imitation vanilla extract) that should be in a regular grocery store in the spice section. I'm not fond of imitation extracts, but if you wanted a low carb pina colada and can't handle coconut at all, this would do the trick for the coconut flavor.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:03 AM   #1149
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skeeweeaka
Stats: 235/215/135
WOE: Low Carb! Alternate Day!
Start Date: March 2008! January '09 Restart!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelleS View Post
Thanks TJ. Unfortunately I am hooked on gas station cappucino's and I don't like coffee so I'm trying to come up with a new drink that I can use the CO in without the sugar. I am starting Monday and between the no cappucino, no nuts, and no unsweetened almond milk - I'm going to have to come up with a bunch of new things I can eat. It doesn't help that I am too picky. I know it is just getting through the craving part and all I'm doing now is helping the cravings by feeding them. I quit drinking diet pop for a long time but started up again six months ago - I have a 20 oz bottle a day pretty much. So that is another thing I need to quit.

I exercise 4-5 times a week - I did take a couple of months off not that long ago. I was rebelling from my eating plan to exercise and took a break from it all. Luckily I didn't gain anymore weight by taking the break but since I added the exercise back in my middle is getting HUGE. I was even asked a couple of weeks ago if I was pregnant and that hasn't happened in four years.

It's a mind thing and I just need to reset it - it can be done.

I posted this on another thread but will here too -

"I am still searching information - after trying Candex and IntestiNew and almost dying from that - I am looking for a way to get rid of the yeast that isn't going to send me to the ER or pass out. What is "egg cream" and where can I find more recipes?

I'll keep searching but if you know a short cut, I would love to have it ."

Since I am laying out a new eating plan this weekend, I need to find what I can to replace what I'm eating now - the hardest things to replace will be snacks. I have been eating trail mix (peanuts, craisins, M&M's), Luna bars, apples, etc. I'm not going to do everything at once (I've been having soup and 1/2 a turkey wrap in a gluten free, low carb flat wrap and will keep that for a bit) but if I can start with the majority right away to kick the sugar cravings, I think that will be the ticket.

Thanks, Rachelle
I know what you mean rebelling and going off plan for a while... I feel like I'm working really hard and nothing is happeninng... I've been in a really bad place for the last couple of days in terms of eating and exercising...regaiined 5 pounds...probably more after this weekend...

I'm just tired of the yeast and tired of trying to figure it all out without any long-lasting results! Tired of the many supplements that I am taking and wondering if it is doing any good, really!

The egg creams are a good idea... Snacks could be yogurt, plain with something mixed in to give it some flavor. That way you would be getting in healthy bacteria... I've already decided to add that back in as my snacks... I miss it and since the weight isn't moving...I might as well enjoy it again! I think I will continue with the egg based shakes as well!

TJ

Last edited by skeeweeaka; 11-23-2008 at 07:04 AM..
Old 11-23-2008, 11:45 AM   #1150
Nik
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Nik
Stats: (299) 295/287/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/25/07; 1/4/09; 8/28/12
Dial has a new foaming hand soap available...yogurt and honey. I'm giving it a try. DH still thinks we need antibacterial, but I think I may be able to convince him of the germ fighting properties of honey, as well as the yeast fighting properties of yogurt. I also hope it helps keep our skin more moist? I'll let you know.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:28 AM   #1151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emslight
Stats: 160/Goal:130-133 (5ft 6)
WOE: Very High Fat/Yeast Free
Start Date: 8 April 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik View Post
Dial has a new foaming hand soap available...yogurt and honey. I'm giving it a try. DH still thinks we need antibacterial, but I think I may be able to convince him of the germ fighting properties of honey, as well as the yeast fighting properties of yogurt. I also hope it helps keep our skin more moist? I'll let you know.
Yum - that sounds good enough to eat!
Old 11-24-2008, 07:09 AM   #1152
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

I read an article that suggested people were getting sicker and we had more super bugs because of all the anti-bacterial products that were being used.

I remember eating dirt as a kid (okay, I don't remember, but I've heard endless stories about it) and I was rarely sick.

I have friends whose kiddos are almost sterile, and they are sick all the time. I don't think it's all diet based because Mom loved carbs and fed me lots of them growing up.

Things that make you wonder - a lot.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:29 AM   #1153
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Margot 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by WenB View Post
I read an article that suggested people were getting sicker and we had more super bugs because of all the anti-bacterial products that were being used.

Things that make you wonder - a lot.
Yeah, these soaps and stuff only kill the weakest of the germs and leave the strong ones behind... I do not personally use anything antibacterial in my home.

I think we are supposed to be exposed to bugs and dirt.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:57 PM   #1154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: willBfit
I just wanted to say hi! I've been cruising this thread for a while looking for information. Lot's of good stuff here. I have been trying to stick with a yeast cleanse/diet for a few weeks now and it has been so hard. I am so amazed by the people on here who can actually turn down carbs and sweets. The more I try to fight the yeast, the more I crave it. I am taking L-glutamine to help with the carb cravings and I also read it is good for people with candida to help heal the gut. Has anyone used this and has it helped?
Again, thanks for everyone sharing their wisdom.

[COLOR="Purple"]If you have friends like mine, raise your glasses. If not, raise your standards![/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.[/COLOR]
Old 11-28-2008, 09:04 PM   #1155
Senior LCF Member

Also, I have read that colostrum is good for this condition. I am taking ACV, VCO, candidacure and garlic. Has anyone used colostrum and if so, how did it do for you?
My plan is to get some O of O and GSE to rotate the anti-fungals. The hardest part so far is sticking with the diet as I have been vegetarian for two years. Going high protein is not easy for me. Guess I should see if there are any veg high protein menu suggestions somewhere here, as I am sure there are! I am finding LCF very helpful!!
Old 11-29-2008, 04:33 AM   #1156
Nik
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Nik
Stats: (299) 295/287/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/25/07; 1/4/09; 8/28/12
I admit...I have not given up sugar. Like Will said, the more I avoid it, the more I crave it. Those darn yeasties! That's why following Atkins induction is SO WONDERFUL! After 2-3 days, your cravings DISAPPEAR. I Atkins.

Sooooo...I'm fighting off infection #2 of this pregnancy. It did not get as bad this time, since I knew what I was experiencing. My plan is to use the OTC remedy to solve the problem while following a STRICT no sugar plan this week. After this week, I will see about removing wheat/etc. Last time, I got a little overwhelmed at the sheer number of yeast-promoting foods in our SAD.

But I digress...While searching for my OTC remedy, I found a homeopathic remedy with vaginal suppositories and an oral tablet. The tablet contained candida. I understand the homeopathic concept of making your body react more strongly, but I don't know if I would do it with yeast infections/overgrowth. Has anyone here tried it? (FYI: Due to pregnancy, I opted against the oral tablet.)

Nikie
Indiana
Old 11-29-2008, 11:14 AM   #1157
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: maxplatinum
Help-I cant take this anymore....

Hi, I have beenresearching for weeks and just found this board, you sound very experienced, I am desperate.
Surgery for broken hand, two days post and for 5 weeks now: extreme lethargy,tinitus, headache in back of head, nausea, sore tired eyes, balance issues, depression, confusion, mental fog, cant fall asleep but exhasuted, cant wake up in am, hard to get out of bed even at 1pm. Yeasty smell on my hand that I had surgery on and faint smell after wearing clothes for full day.
I have had blood tests, MRI, MRA, vision, hearing all perfect. I love bread and cheese and all the stuff that could cause candida, what do you think ? I am going to get some CO and try it,I will try anything at this point.
Thankyou so much for your help.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:26 PM   #1158
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DesertRose
Max, I feel for you. Anytime post surgery can be confusing. Could you possibly have a staph infection from the surgery for all that's going on with you? So many things could be because of yeast as well. I am so sensitive to sugar, I read your 'surgery' as 'sugary' LOL. Your best bet is to try a little, yes a little at a time, CO, as well as a little raw apple cider vinegar (with the mother) (Like Braggs brand) in lots of water. Work up slowly to not upset your system too much too soon. Then read from post #1 through to the end. That's the best way to learn. There are lots of books out there, but somehow our personal experiences are more up to date than the books, as they were printed awhile ago, and they are limitied in what they can advise you about. Forums can be much more frank and up to date. Reading any of the Dr. Atkins books helps too. Any one of them is a very good guide to getting your gut back in shape. The Diet Cure book is also an excellent source. Good luck. Keep us posted daily if you are up to it and we'll help where we can.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:14 PM   #1159
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LadyN
Stats: 299/232/130
WOE: Atkins 72/IF/dairy free
Start Date: 08/20/2012 Restart
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxplatinum View Post
Hi, I have beenresearching for weeks and just found this board, you sound very experienced, I am desperate.
Surgery for broken hand, two days post and for 5 weeks now: extreme lethargy,tinitus, headache in back of head, nausea, sore tired eyes, balance issues, depression, confusion, mental fog, cant fall asleep but exhasuted, cant wake up in am, hard to get out of bed even at 1pm. Yeasty smell on my hand that I had surgery on and faint smell after wearing clothes for full day.
I have had blood tests, MRI, MRA, vision, hearing all perfect. I love bread and cheese and all the stuff that could cause candida, what do you think ? I am going to get some CO and try it,I will try anything at this point.
Thankyou so much for your help.
I can't add too much to what Desertrose said, but I will second reading the thread from page 1 all the way through. I've had to refer to many pages over and over again. There are links to more relevant information as well. Take it slow, and keep it consistent.

I would start with : Pau D' arco tea, and a little CO and a little ACV with the mother every day and work your way up to 4-6 TBS of CO per day over the course of 2-3 weeks. By that time you will have read the whole thread a FEW times!

Best wishes

Nichole
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me Phil 4:13

Mini Goal: 250 met in May
Mini Goal: 200
Mini goal #2: For my current wardrobe to be too big (26-28) May hit size 22-24!
Next Goal: size 16-18 by BDAY in March
Walk 3 days a week
Old 12-03-2008, 03:03 PM   #1160
Senior LCF Member

OK, ya'll, this may be way to much information but I'm going to tell everybody what I did today..... I had my second colonic! Weird, I know, but it's how I found out I had a huge yeastie problem. I had my first about two weeks ago and the therapist told me that all the little white "snowflakes" I was seeing were yeast. It was literally a nauseating experience! She told me that was normal for a major yeast infestation. Today, no nausea but I did still see some snowflakes. I feel a million times better already though. I've been doing ACV, VCO and all sorts of anti-fungals in rotation but another thing I have found has helped tremendously are bentonite and psyllium shakes.
And, of course, this thread! So much great information here....
Old 12-04-2008, 08:05 PM   #1161
Senior LCF Member

I really hope I didn't offend anybody. It sure wasn't my intention.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:53 PM   #1162
Major LCF Poster!

Oh no! you did not offend me! I am always glad to get new approaches to dealing with the problem. How much did it cost for this procedure? I am wondering exactly what does the psyllium do? Does it help to heal the gut, and if so how? I thought I read that somewhere, but my mind escapes me right now.(imagine that!)
Old 12-04-2008, 09:01 PM   #1163
Junior LCF Member

What are "bentonite and psyllium shakes"? And where do you have a colonic at? Is that a to-do-at-home thing???

If anyone is interested in a bottle Candex (minus 3 pills) and IntestiNew (minus one scoop), just let me know - ravinsmith at hotmail dot com. I don't want them to go to waste - they are just sitting on the counter. I am up to 3 Tbsp. ACV in water with a packet of True Lime and True Lemon. I am having a hard time finding a way to take CO without gagging. I'm waiting for some capryllic acid to come - that was something my nurse practioner said to take a long with the AVC and CO.

I've tried the CO in tea - yuck. I should try it in a smoothie but what the heck can I make a smoothie with???? I did mix coconut milk in with tea - wasn't too bad but depends on my mood. Yesterday I couldn't force myself to drink it. Any ideas?

Rachelle
Old 12-05-2008, 03:19 AM   #1164
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MarcellaSF
Stats: Ugh/Better/Yay
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: Restart 5 June 2010
Have you tried just eating it off a spoon? That's how I usually have it. You do have virgin coconut oil, right? Not the regular stuff?

A lot of people here use it in egg creams, which are sort of like smoothies. Here's a thread to start with:

Egg Cream recipe
Old 12-05-2008, 04:09 AM   #1165
Senior LCF Member

Oh, I love VCO. I keep it in the fridge and eat a spoonful at a time, it's like candy to me. In fact, I have to be aware of how much I'm eating so I don't overdo it! I use the NOW brand because I read the oil made from copra doesn't have all the great benefits. On the NOW website, they outlined how their VCO is made and it seems to be on the up and up to me. No where near as expensive as some of the stuff out there but I guess it's good enough. (hopefully!)
The colonic I had done cost $75 and I had to drive into a larger town to have it done. I just researched colonics on the internet until I found someone nearby who did it. It wasn't what I expected and it was much less embarrassing than I thought it would be. I did it because of chronic constipation and a long standing history of bowel problems but I really think it is helping my yeast problem also.

Bentonite and psyllium shakes, or "P & B shakes" as I 've seen some people call them, are just a mixture of the two things. I buy Sonne's bentonite from the health food store and swig it then chase it with the psyllium in water. I can't mix the two cause the thought of it makes me gag. Bentonite is a clay that people have used for thousands of years for health reasons, on and in their body. It "attracts" and holds on to toxins and all kinds of crud that you want to get rid of and the psyllium "sweeps" it out. That's the best way I can explain it. Try to do a search on bentonite, it's pretty cool stuff. I have read numerous places that it is good for ridding candida. The psyllium helps by supposedly sweeping all the "hidden" pockets in your gut that may be hiding critters. It always helps to be regular and most people with yeast are not.

Plus, I find on days when I do this in the morning, I feel better, have more energy and don't eat as much crap. I'm not sure why this is but so far, it has helped me eat less throughout the day. That is ALWAYS a good thing!
Old 12-05-2008, 04:29 AM   #1166
Senior LCF Member

To heal my gut, I take aloe vera gel, L-glutamine and colostrum. I just started the colostrum so no idea yet as to whether or not it's helping.
Quick question, how do ya'll do your probiotics? I have read it is useless to start taking them until after you have finished using the anti-fungals but I was wondering if anyone has an opinion on that. Do the anti-fungals get rid of only fungus or do they get rid of everything, like antibiotics? I was taking my probiotics every day just not at the same time as the anti-fungal but now I'm not sure what to do.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:47 AM   #1167
Major LCF Poster!

I had the same question about the probiotics too. What I found is that on my bottle it says not to take within 2 hours of taking antibiotics. So I take mine with my meals and 2 hours later I take my antifungals. Sometimes I take my GSE, oregano oil etc. upon rising so that my schedule will work out better. I think that most of the antifungals are also antibiotic as well some say they only kill bad bacteria, I am not sure so to be safe I separate the two by two hours.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:19 AM   #1168
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ScaTtTrED
Stats: 185 (8/07)/174(now)/140(goal)
WOE: vlc/unsure
wow, Ive been looking for resources on an anti candida diet, I want to start right away, im wondering all of a sudden Ive had a kind of rectal bleedling (sorry if its TMI) but Im worried, I thought it might be hemmroids or something, but im not constipated it happens ever so often and usually when i pass a large stool, could this be a result of candida, or should I go to the Dr. if its more serious, I just like many here avoid the Dr. if I can... I also have quite a few symptoms of candida on the list, thanks !
Old 12-09-2008, 02:08 PM   #1169
Senior LCF Member

If you have rectal bleeding, it could be a few different things. If it's just a little bit, it could be a small hemorrhoid that gets aggravated when you have a larger stool. If there is quite a bit on your tissue or in the toilet, you neeed to see a doctor. Who, by the way, probably won't hear a word you say if you mention candida. I have yet to meet a MD that thinks a so called "healthy" person has problems with yeast overgrowth. One of these days, I want to meet a real holistic doctor. Anyone know any in North Florida?
Old 12-09-2008, 04:51 PM   #1170
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: fawn
Just a heads up

DH has yeast we've been battling. It's in his inner ear.

We are experimenting with colloidal silver and it seems to be clearing it up quickly.
I'll keep you posted. A friend has been making it for me but DH is making us a machine tomorrow.

I'll share that as well. But if you're interested, google some sites for information. Don't freak out if you see blue man.......that's a result of using non-distilled water.
Closed Thread