LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2008, 07:13 AM   #991
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea78 View Post
Hello, I have a question regarding this quote from the original post:

"Diaper rash, usually caused by candida organisms, can often be cleared completely with external application of coconut oil."

My 1 year old daughter has had a really bad diaper rash that has been going on for well over a month now. We have used everything on it, from over the counter stuff like Desitin, Balmex, Lotramine, and even Rx Lotrasone from the doctor. Then antibiotics. It will clear it up for a few hours, but come immediately back. At first it was bright red skin with white bumps. Then the bumps turned red. Then the bumps started bleeding from irritation. Now the rash is just bright red and burns like crazy for her. She was on an Rx Lotrasone cream for 10 days, and after she stopped it the red rash came right back. It's infuriating

So, my question is: is CO safe to use on a 1 year olds bottom? And if this is known to cure it up, why hasn't her doctor ever mentioned it? Seems much less harsh than a prescription ointment. Thanks for any help anyone can give me. This is getting tiresome
Yes, CO is safe to use on a 1 year olds bottom. It's safe to use on a New borns bottom. It's a FOOD. Parts of CO are even "added" to baby formula.
Seriously.

Why Don't the doctors tell you about this? I'm sure they don't know. They rely on Medications.

The coconut oil will be soothing and will help to kill the yeast in that area.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2008, 07:46 AM   #992
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: UltraViolet
Stats: 5'8.5 - xxx/xxx/160
WOE: Cupcakes and Vodka
Start Date: I'm late, I'm late...for a very important date !
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
Ultra Violet, I just cleared up sore ears. They were 'swelling shut' more than ever before, hurt laying on the pillow at night, would switch from one side to the other daily, no pattern I could determine. I did a little peroxide, tea tree oil, cold pressed castor oil, coconut oil, sprays of colidal silver, rotating to see what helped. They all did. Then as I began the yeastie beastie clearing in earnest, the ears began to clear up fast. Allergies are better, no runny nose, eyes dont run as much, and sores began to show up on my face and chest. First one under the eye, then one on cheek bone, then jawline, then neck, then chest. The beasties were leaving my body, working down. It was confirming what I was doing was good. Now my ears are almost cleared, a little dry wax inside, a little like peeling sunburn. Keep putting one oil or another inside to soften. Actually hear better now. Breathe better and deeper so it had progressed unknown into my chest/lungs I guess. Keep on the protocol, go slow though, fast isn't better, but consistent is. Good luck.
DesertRose - Thank you so much for your reply. My ears have been nearly a constant problem and have gotten quite bad at times. I am on the prowl for CO today - should be able to find it at one of the high end grocery stores around here. How did you administer the drops to each ear ? Did you use each oil full strength or did you cut them with something or perhaps mix them ?

Old 10-24-2008, 08:05 AM   #993
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Andrea78
WOE: low carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
Yes, CO is safe to use on a 1 year olds bottom. It's safe to use on a New borns bottom. It's a FOOD. Parts of CO are even "added" to baby formula.
Seriously.

Why Don't the doctors tell you about this? I'm sure they don't know. They rely on Medications.

The coconut oil will be soothing and will help to kill the yeast in that area.
Thanks Tooter! I was thinking since people eat it, it's probably safe for external use on a toddler. Just wanted to be sure. I really am sick to death though of doctors being so quick to push medication. Especially the antibiotics. I know antibiotics have their uses, but it seems they prescribe them for EVERY ailment. From now on I would like to try more natural routes first. I think I'll be doing a lot of research this weekend.

Tonight I'll go out and see if I can find some good CO. Thanks again
Old 10-24-2008, 08:09 AM   #994

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiSa View Post
Thanks WenB because I love my eggs, you want A chicken? As in as a pet?

I upped my CO to 3Tbl spoons yesterday, started the grapefruit extract too....

Not feeling quite as bad this morning but my weight is up 3lbs? Could it be retention from the binge meal on Wednesday? This is the first time in 11 weeks that I saw the numbers go up?
It could be the combination of everything. The "binge", the Coconut oil, combined with "healing".

Did you ever notice that when you start to "heal" from anything, your bodies response is to retain some water to help it heal? Seriously, think about it.

Ever get a sunburn? You gain weight and retain water. The flu, cold...Muscle aches...etc. Our bodies response is to surround the area with extra fluid and work on the "healing".

This can happen with a binge too.

I think this is pretty "normal". I wouldn't worry about it right now. Give yourself (and your body) a little more "Time".
Old 10-24-2008, 08:10 AM   #995
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LadyN
Stats: 299/232/130
WOE: Atkins 72/IF/dairy free
Start Date: 08/20/2012 Restart
Ok, Today I did not have Heavy cream in my coffee, and(gasp) I liked it! I used coconut milk instead. Something clicked for me as I read all of these posts. I realized that I was feeding this fungus, and feeling miserable. My symptoms have been mild lately, my seborehic(sp) dermititis is worse, and I have some patches on my face and the back of my neck. My tummy is a bit rumbly too and bloated! Other than that I feel wonderful. I am thinking a bit clearer, and I am so thankful to have INFORMATION I get a little weepy! Thank you all so much for sharing your experiences and knowledge.

This thread really should be posted in the main lobby (JMHO) I would not have found it were it not for somebody saying they quit Atkins due to the die off. I responded because I had the same symptoms, but I thought that all I had to do was stay low Carb. I did not know I needed to actually build the good flora back as well as kill the evil suckers! I am armed with knowledge now that I did not have before, and I am so grateful.

I am using CO, and ACV with the mother right now. I use xylitol, erythritol, and stevia exclusively so the only thing I really have to change is no nuts or dairy. I am not to the point that i can give up my coffee yet. I am not even trying, but I only have it in the morning so I know that some day I can let it go. I am looking for GSE, and the Pau d' arco tea. Then I will add in the probiotics. I am so excited! I am stocking up on some yogurt. I have to say that I have not really missed the cheese the past couple of days, and I am seeing other uses for yo cheese!

BTW Is it ok to make yo cheese or do we need to eat the yogurt undrained?

Oh well off to the healthfood store!
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me Phil 4:13

Mini Goal: 250 met in May
Mini Goal: 200
Mini goal #2: For my current wardrobe to be too big (26-28) May hit size 22-24!
Next Goal: size 16-18 by BDAY in March
Walk 3 days a week
Old 10-24-2008, 08:13 AM   #996

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea78 View Post
Thanks Tooter! I was thinking since people eat it, it's probably safe for external use on a toddler. Just wanted to be sure. I really am sick to death though of doctors being so quick to push medication. Especially the antibiotics. I know antibiotics have their uses, but it seems they prescribe them for EVERY ailment. From now on I would like to try more natural routes first. I think I'll be doing a lot of research this weekend.

Tonight I'll go out and see if I can find some good CO. Thanks again
Giving a little internally wouldn't hurt either and would be beneficial. Just put a little on your finger and rub it on her lips.

I SOooooooooooo Agree with you about antibiotics. Yes, they have their "place", but doctors tend to prescribe it for EVERYTHING!!! IF they don't know what it is...Give them an antibiotic!

Yes, please do your research this weekend. Do some Searches on the health benefits of coconut oil and Coconut oil and children/babies.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:16 AM   #997
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: WenB
Stats: 311 (h)/247.8 (i)/241 (c)/20-24% Body Fat (g)
WOE: Lap Band - Atkins Modified for Candida - BMR
Start Date: Induction on 7/22/08; Surgery 12/06
Lol
You're the second person who has told me how wonderful a roast chicken is - I'm gonna have to make me one
Old 10-24-2008, 08:17 AM   #998

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyN View Post
Ok, Today I did not have Heavy cream in my coffee, and(gasp) I liked it! I used coconut milk instead. Something clicked for me as I read all of these posts. I realized that I was feeding this fungus, and feeling miserable. My symptoms have been mild lately, my seborehic(sp) dermititis is worse, and I have some patches on my face and the back of my neck. My tummy is a bit rumbly too and bloated! Other than that I feel wonderful. I am thinking a bit clearer, and I am so thankful to have INFORMATION I get a little weepy! Thank you all so much for sharing your experiences and knowledge.

This thread really should be posted in the main lobby (JMHO) I would not have found it were it not for somebody saying they quit Atkins due to the die off. I responded because I had the same symptoms, but I thought that all I had to do was stay low Carb. I did not know I needed to actually build the good flora back as well as kill the evil suckers! I am armed with knowledge now that I did not have before, and I am so grateful.

I am using CO, and ACV with the mother right now. I use xylitol, erythritol, and stevia exclusively so the only thing I really have to change is no nuts or dairy. I am not to the point that i can give up my coffee yet. I am not even trying, but I only have it in the morning so I know that some day I can let it go. I am looking for GSE, and the Pau d' arco tea. Then I will add in the probiotics. I am so excited! I am stocking up on some yogurt. I have to say that I have not really missed the cheese the past couple of days, and I am seeing other uses for yo cheese!

BTW Is it ok to make yo cheese or do we need to eat the yogurt undrained?

Oh well off to the healthfood store!
Welcome Aboard!!!

I wish it was still in the Main lobby too. Most people have some form of Candida and different degrees of issues with it. I guess all we can do is point them to the thread.

Some people do well on yogurt and other's don't. This is really going to be a personal journey. We each can share what has worked and what isn't working for us...but in the end, we have to find out on our own.

If you don't have any problems with yogurt, I would think the Yo-cheese would be just fine.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:17 AM   #999
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: WenB
Stats: 311 (h)/247.8 (i)/241 (c)/20-24% Body Fat (g)
WOE: Lap Band - Atkins Modified for Candida - BMR
Start Date: Induction on 7/22/08; Surgery 12/06
I started the OoO this morning - two drops under the tongue - not as bad as the GSE, but blecht - I don't like pizza this much.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:18 AM   #1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by WenB View Post
Lol
You're the second person who has told me how wonderful a roast chicken is - I'm gonna have to make me one
I've been reading the same threads and my mouth is starting to "water" for roasted chicken!!
Old 10-24-2008, 08:51 AM   #1001
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Margot 65
Andrea are you BF or FF?

You can add CO to a bottle at any time, as well as cod liver oil.

the thing about these rashes is they thrive on moisture and in dark places... and they will go out of control with antibiotics.

You need to get some probiotics in her somehow... if you are BFing can you pump and bottle feed her 1-2x a day? You can add 1/2 tsp of Udo's Infant probiotic powder in her bottles along with some melted co (1/2 tsp but make sure the bottle is warm so it stays melted)

DO not use any prescriptions or creams or lotions on the area AT ALL, your very best bet is to let her go diaperless after each change and get some air into the area. Even if you can use a warm blow dryer on the area after cleaning her (NO PERFUMES ONLY FRAGRANCE FREE WIPES!!! or even better yet plain water...)

Then before you put on a clean diaper, slather a good amount of the best EVCO you can buy.

When bathing, bathe only 1-2x week, and ONLY USE WATER there is no need for soaps or harsh chemicals on a baby skin, especially baby lotions that we think smell so good.

I can get you a website for a cream that WILL HELP, it comes from Australia and keeps moisture away from the area and has boric acid to help kill the fungus. It will work and they have a 100% money back guarantee. It won't sting either and will keep the area from coming in contact with the poop or urine that will only irritate it more.

I bought some foor a rash under my breast and after 13 years of fighting with it, it is FINALLY GONE. It was the best $39 I have ever spent.

FAST Treatment and cure for Infant Nappy Rash and Diaper Rashes

Also, keep her off the fruits if she is eating fruit right now... it makes their poop a little more acidic and also will feed any yeast overgrowth she may have.

Good luck, I am sure this protocol will help clear it up
Old 10-24-2008, 08:59 AM   #1002
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Andrea78
WOE: low carb
Wow, thank you Prozak!!!! Awesome advice and suggestions, I will check them all out.

Don't have much more time to write now, but she is formula fed still drinking bottles (working on that sippy cup thing!!) I'll come back tonight though....
you girls are awesome
Old 10-24-2008, 09:03 AM   #1003
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: DiSa
Stats: 193/190/160
WOE: LC - 90 Day Blitz Challenge
Start Date: 6/28/2010
I was reading and explaining all this to my DH last night and he was so excited to hear this, for years I've struggled with things that the doctors just could not explain and I can almost always identify a round of anitibiotics with a flair up of the yeast for everything! and it seems that the flair up lasts for months and months!!! Sheesh.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:04 AM   #1004
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My DD is 13 months and we are trying to get rid of the bottle too!

Get her on CLO ASAP, you won't be sorry... I mix Baby J's with her yogurt and will add a TSP of melted CO to it as well. baby J LOVES solid EVCO right off the spoon, so when the other 2 are eating ice cream or something she cannot have, she gets that and is happy as a clam!

I can't wait to see how this works for you... I have been lucky and she has not had ONE RASH nor has she has so much as a runny nose (she had measles for 4 days, was supposed to last 2 weeks...)

Now, if she would just push those 4 top teeth out she has been working on all month we will be golden!!

But really consider ditching the soaps and lotions if you are using them. Baby J baths once a week (sometimes less if we wipe her down good....)
Old 10-24-2008, 09:47 AM   #1005
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DesertRose
Ultra Violet, coconut and castor oils I put in my ears straight, with a Qtip. I might do the same with tea tree oil or peroxide, because you don't get much with a Qtip. If I had wanted to pour a bit in an ear if it was really swollen (and Qtip didn't fit) or really sore, I probably would dilute the tea tree or peroxide a bit in the bottle cap, then pour. They are both stronger. I was just grabbing for whatever was in the cupboard, any one or two of these should work. I even used vicks in the middle of the night, as I could apply with little finger tip and it was near the bed. Several of these things warm the area, you might consider a warm compress to the side of your head too. This all brings back memories of Mom warming a spoon over kitchen stove half full of cooking oil, in the middle of the night for an earache. Take care.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:01 AM   #1006
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: duece49424
Stats: 230 start 3/16/10..lifetime goal 150
WOE: low carb/healthylifestyle - struggling with binges
Hi to all - I always keep reading and still working on my routine of getting rid of candida, but along with that, of course, comes not feeling very good today. I am down 5 pounds from last Friday, so that is a good benefit!

Now I need to know where are the threads for the roasting chickens? I keep reading, but must have missed that one...Have a great and safe weekend everyone!
Old 10-24-2008, 12:19 PM   #1007
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

It's funny because I don't find a need to look for recipes. I have been primarily eating meat/eggs and I feel full most of the time when I get hungry I eat a piece of meat or eggs or both.
These flu like symptoms are just awful though I am so glad the weekend is here so I can sleep.
I'll continue to take at least 3TBL of CO with hopes that it will clear this stuff up..one note...maybe too much info but my BM has dramatically changed in the past 2 days...like thin long,,,nasty weed like stuff...I hadn't had any of this prior to the CO, back is achie ever so achie and the headache is back, I am in week 11 of this WOL and this is worse then the Induction Flu.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:27 PM   #1008
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DiSa, I promise it gets better PROMISE!

I went through 3 weeks of h$ll on earth, and yes it made induction feel like a day at the spa.

I just posted in the 'how are you doing' thread about thinking I am over it...

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/he...l#post11036200

You inducted 8/15.. so I was already well into the game as I inducted 03/18 and was very low carb ever since, so I think that made all the difference to me as well.

My BMs were all over the place (not literally LOL but figuratively in changes) and they have been more normal than ever in the last 2 weeks.

My back and hips were SO ACHEY as well, but now I feel better than ever, really

Hang in there DiSa.. it is like taking a trip. You are almost there so there is no sense in turning back.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:39 PM   #1009
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Oh thank you Prozak,,I would have surely thought I had the flu and went to the doctor for....antibiotics!!! OMG!!!

I'm gonna hit the CO regularly since I keep my carbs probably under 10 a day I should be able to manage things soon. I was doing so good, feeling good, losing slowly, sleeping well but as soon as I started the Virgin CO it's been like a brick wall up in my face.

Thanks to everyone. Since last night I read every page of this thread and I am fully prepared to take this on full force....I'm not going back only to have to come through here again...

Last edited by DiSa; 10-24-2008 at 12:40 PM..
Old 10-24-2008, 12:43 PM   #1010
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DiSa do not get discouraged if your weight losses slow down, it iis a healing process and your body is fighting and the yeast is fighting back.

Rotate the antifungals too... 1 week of GSE and 1 week of OoO, keep them on their toes and do not let them get immune to either one of them that way.

I bought a huge carton of epsom salts for $4 at the grocery store, I used it up in 3 baths. OMG it feels SO GOOD to soak in a hot tub full of that, you won't believe it until you try it.

I too had to cut back on the EVCO, I tried the 5-6TB and could not do it. (I was not hungry and the die off was too intense those days) I did better at 3-4.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:46 PM   #1011

Gallery: fawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
Giving a little internally wouldn't hurt either and would be beneficial. Just put a little on your finger and rub it on her lips.

I SOooooooooooo Agree with you about antibiotics. Yes, they have their "place", but doctors tend to prescribe it for EVERYTHING!!! IF they don't know what it is...Give them an antibiotic!

Yes, please do your research this weekend. Do some Searches on the health benefits of coconut oil and Coconut oil and children/babies.
I have two infants I'm working with currently. Both have thrush, both have colic one had a white tongue the other cradle cap and diaper rash neither had even been on antibiotics.

Both are on coconut oil 1/2 tsp. in bottle 2x daily
Both are on infant probiotics 1/4 tsp. 2x daily on the nipple
Both are on CLO 1/8 tsp 1x daily in a bottle

Both are happy healthy babies sleeping through the night with clear skin.

Tooter you are right coconut oil is added to many higher quality formulas.

Good advice prozak on alternating the OoO and GSE for the purpose you described as well, GSE can in fact disrupt your good flora as well just like an antibiotic so with everything, moderation is key.

Last edited by fawn; 10-24-2008 at 12:48 PM..
Old 10-24-2008, 12:49 PM   #1012
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

I also notice that my urine has like white cloudy...stuff to it...gosh I am falling apart inside....
Old 10-24-2008, 12:55 PM   #1013
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I also notice that my urine has like white cloudy...stuff to it...gosh I am falling apart inside....

no, you are CLEANSING!!!!! Feel good about it.. that will help you feel better physically if you can feel good about it emotionally.

Old 10-24-2008, 01:11 PM   #1014
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

ok,,,I am so ready to go home, drink me a hot cup of water with CO and go to sleep!
Old 10-24-2008, 01:37 PM   #1015
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi all

I got CO this AM from the local organic market. So....I had it in my coffee like many have suggested. How else do you take it ? Just straight off the spoon ?
Old 10-24-2008, 01:38 PM   #1016
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
Ultra Violet, coconut and castor oils I put in my ears straight, with a Qtip. I might do the same with tea tree oil or peroxide, because you don't get much with a Qtip. If I had wanted to pour a bit in an ear if it was really swollen (and Qtip didn't fit) or really sore, I probably would dilute the tea tree or peroxide a bit in the bottle cap, then pour. They are both stronger. I was just grabbing for whatever was in the cupboard, any one or two of these should work. I even used vicks in the middle of the night, as I could apply with little finger tip and it was near the bed. Several of these things warm the area, you might consider a warm compress to the side of your head too. This all brings back memories of Mom warming a spoon over kitchen stove half full of cooking oil, in the middle of the night for an earache. Take care.
Thank you ! I will try putting CO in my ears when I get home via a Qtip. I really appreciate your input !!
Old 10-24-2008, 01:40 PM   #1017
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraViolet View Post
Fawn/Tooter - One other quick question......what's the candida cleanse that is referred to earlier in this thread ?

TIA
Can't find any info with a search......help ? TIA !!
Old 10-24-2008, 03:38 PM   #1018

Quote:
That's Candida coming out. That's a good thing. You will also notice it in BM's.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:06 PM   #1019
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraViolet View Post
Can't find any info with a search......help ? TIA !!
First of all, I'm a dork. I found the answer -- sorry for the post

Today was my first full day of ACV and CO. I've had 3 TBS ACV and maybe 2 TB of CO. I feel super droopy and tired, lightheaded. I don't know if it could already be hitting me though ? I noticed white "things" in my urine this afternoon. I've also swabbed a bit of CO into both ears.

My wrist is killing me
Old 10-24-2008, 08:35 PM   #1020
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It hit me the first day.

Cravings: through the roof. things I have not thought about for years like wine and ketchup and white bread.

Aches and pains: especially anywhere I had experienced an ache or pain in the past, like my knee (surgery 30 years ago), back and pelvic bone. It appears candida can take up residence in areas of weakness in the body.

Itching: ears and privates and my head was scabby by day 2.

Hangovers: without having a drop to drink I woke up each morning for about 2 weeks with a terrible hangover.

I am so glad I am through all that, there is light on other side.
Closed Thread