Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2008, 12:34 PM   #931
Zer
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Zer
Stats: 5'10"; 65; 508.7/_320.0_/199
WOE: Atkins: <5%Carb; J-UD/DD(<2798/560cals); 128ozH2O
Start Date: Got scale at 432.4(2/8/08); 376.8(2/8/09)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emslight View Post
Thanks for the useful tip about epsom salts....

Anyone doing dry brushing?
I've got Epsom Salts on my list to buy. I'll start doing some foot soak and maybe also soak my forearm that are not happy, have slow-healing sores that itch and that I cannot stop fiddling with. Looks gruesome, feels awful. I'd like to clear THAT up once and for all!

Castor oil? Maybe I'll add that to my shopping list, as I've heard it is good at drawing out toxins. Good internally too!

Last edited by Zer; 10-11-2008 at 12:36 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2008, 01:06 PM   #932
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BikerAng
Stats: 195/167/155 5'9"
WOE: Atkins - organic & humanely raised
Start Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by emslight View Post
Yes, I have seen it in pee too!

My hubbie thinks I am bonkers most of the time. Trying to explain low carb has been hard enough I've not even gone there and tried to explain co, ACV, everything else on this protocol. He just won't get it. I am thinking, if I can just tweak some of what he eats as snacks/meals during the day, then I am half way there.
I hear you, explaining low carb was hard enough. I don't even mention CLO, ACV, etc (however, he calls me the coconut lady, I love my CO and he'll put some in my coffee every morning for me). He is loving all the garlic though. Tweaking most of his meals into healthy low carb meals totally helps. He actually prefers a lot of the home cooked meals over the junk he buys when he's out.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:16 PM   #933
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BikerAng
Stats: 195/167/155 5'9"
WOE: Atkins - organic & humanely raised
Start Date: Feb 2007
Zer, if you are a Costco member they have HUGE bags of epson salt for about $4.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:47 PM   #934
Nik
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Nik
Stats: (299) 295/287/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/25/07; 1/4/09; 8/28/12
Hey all.
This is a very active thread, and I don't have the perseverance to read through all the pages. I apologize if this has been asked and answered...

I'm currently pregnant with my LC baby after six years of trying everything else! Of course, I went back on carbs during pregnancy to prevent ketosis and take in more variety.

I've had a "classic" yeast infection for about two weeks, and I'm having trouble getting rid of it. While I don't feel comfortable going low carb, I am going to avoid yeast and sugar. I will also avoid nuts and cheese, as I've seen recommended here. I think I can add some CO to my diet, as well. I'm taking acidophillus as indicated on the bottle, but I want to kick this out for good! The discomfort it creates is definitely manageable, but due to the pregnancy, it makes me worried constantly. I HAVE to get this taken care of, mostly for my mental health.

My midwife said that a seven day OTC treatment would be mild enough for pregnancy. My question is whether that would simply increase my chances of a huge resurgence after I finish treatment. Do you think that with the dietary changes listed above and the OTC, I can get rid of the infection for the duration of my pregnancy (3 more months)?

I know that nobody wants to give advice to the pregnant lady for fear of hurting the baby. Trust that I won't do anything I deem unsafe-I'm just looking for feedback from seasoned yeast sufferers. What do you think of my plan? Is there a more effective/natural/quicker treatment than OTC meds? Though I suspect I've battled with systemic yeast in the past, this is only the second time in my life I've been noticeably "colonized." I'm not super informed about this disease.

I appreciate your advice. While I wait, I will go back and begin reading more where I left off...on page two... Thanks in advance!

Nikie
Indiana
Old 10-11-2008, 02:39 PM   #935
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: YooperMomof4
Check out www.welltellme.com for natural ways to clear that up...w/ ACV and or/garlic...I'll try and find a specific thread to pass on.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:54 PM   #936
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emslight
Stats: 160/Goal:130-133 (5ft 6)
WOE: Very High Fat/Yeast Free
Start Date: 8 April 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik View Post
Hey all.
This is a very active thread, and I don't have the perseverance to read through all the pages. I apologize if this has been asked and answered...

I'm currently pregnant with my LC baby after six years of trying everything else! Of course, I went back on carbs during pregnancy to prevent ketosis and take in more variety.

I've had a "classic" yeast infection for about two weeks, and I'm having trouble getting rid of it. While I don't feel comfortable going low carb, I am going to avoid yeast and sugar. I will also avoid nuts and cheese, as I've seen recommended here. I think I can add some CO to my diet, as well. I'm taking acidophillus as indicated on the bottle, but I want to kick this out for good! The discomfort it creates is definitely manageable, but due to the pregnancy, it makes me worried constantly. I HAVE to get this taken care of, mostly for my mental health.

My midwife said that a seven day OTC treatment would be mild enough for pregnancy. My question is whether that would simply increase my chances of a huge resurgence after I finish treatment. Do you think that with the dietary changes listed above and the OTC, I can get rid of the infection for the duration of my pregnancy (3 more months)?

I know that nobody wants to give advice to the pregnant lady for fear of hurting the baby. Trust that I won't do anything I deem unsafe-I'm just looking for feedback from seasoned yeast sufferers. What do you think of my plan? Is there a more effective/natural/quicker treatment than OTC meds? Though I suspect I've battled with systemic yeast in the past, this is only the second time in my life I've been noticeably "colonized." I'm not super informed about this disease.

I appreciate your advice. While I wait, I will go back and begin reading more where I left off...on page two... Thanks in advance!
Hi Nikie

I'm not an expert but I did LC when I was pregnant last year. Not induction levels but I tended to start my day with something like some oatmeal and some eggs and then eat LC for the rest of the day. If I ever fancied anything, like some chocolate, I'd have a few squares of dark. I also ate yoghurt and LC fruit such as berries. I was fine, felt brilliant throughout and my baby was 9.5 pounds and I only gained 24 pounds (about 10 pounds less than my first pregnancy when I didn't do LC). Whilst you are pregnant I can understand that you don't want to make huge changes and risk anything to your unborn child but I think there are certainly some dietary changes you can make to help the yeast. Avoiding yeast, sugar, nuts and dairy will be a great start. I'd also be cutting out the grains if it was me. If you are going to introduce the CO and ACV then go slow slow slow. Just a tsp at a time. I'm not sure if this will be a quicker method than OTC - certainly I am finding that in the past, if I used an OTC cream on my skin it cleared it up pretty quickly, this time I am using the diet and CO applied topically and believe me, everything is erupting and getting worse before better! - however, it will be more natural ad probably safer for your baby than using an OTC product.

It might be worth going into some of the pregnancy threads and speaking to some of the ladies there too? Prozak might add her 2 cents also as she has recently had a baby...

best of luck.
Ems
x
Old 10-12-2008, 07:31 AM   #937

Gallery: thestreets
Stats: 140/110 5'6
WOE: Atkins - it's a diet
I have a question to all the people drinking lots of acv on a candida diet.

I have always read to avoid it along with all other vinegars (when i did a candida cleanse a while ago). Some books say that you can ingest a little. But, I have never read that you should drink a huge amount of it.

What are benefits of drinking all that acv for killing off candida?
Old 10-12-2008, 09:43 AM   #938
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Sorry for the double -post but not sure which YEAST thread to post this in!

Good morning.
I have renewed hope.

I have been struggling for weeks, even months and gained weight. I tried the anti-yeast protocol, but failed miserably. I would start out great and do well all day, but at night, the hunger and cravings did me in. I have been re-starting every day, all the while putting on more pounds.

I know I have a skewered perception of "dieting" and I am a binger.

However, I have been praying for a new revelation and new commitment (that lasts more than 1-2 days).

Today is the start of Day 2 and I feel good. I am taking it VERY slowly and continuing to pray for strength daily to stay on course.

Yesterday I started with my Egg Cream of:
3 free-range eggs
3 TB organic virgin coconut oil
3 TB Bragg's organic ACV w/ mother
unsweetened cocoa
stevia
homemade organic soy milk
homemade raw almond milk

For lunch I had slow-cooked local venison, cooked spaghetti squash, organic tomatoes, Parm cheese and mozzarella

I had the same for supper, only minus the mozzarella.

For a snack I had 1/2 of a 3-minute flourless chocolate cake made with CO, stevia and organic flax seed.

This morning I had:
Egg cream made with homemade organic soy milk
3 free range eggs
1/4 cup ACV
2 TB CO
unsweetened cocoa
stevia

For lunch I am planning:
Organic raw baby spinach
Slow cooked local venison and organic tomatoes
Baked cushaw squash and butter

For supper I plan:
Organic roasted chicken
Roasted cauliflower and butter

Snack:
Other half of chocolate cake

I'll just use VCO and ACV for a couple of days before adding in the garlic and GSE so I don't get the intense cravings and die-off.

Any suggestions, or does this look OK?
Old 10-12-2008, 11:04 AM   #939
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
So for lunch I had homemade organic chicken soup with cabbage, caraway and garlic. Yummmy.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:18 PM   #940
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YooperMomof4 View Post
Check out www.welltellme.com for natural ways to clear that up...w/ ACV and or/garlic...I'll try and find a specific thread to pass on.
Try Vaginal Yeast: Symptoms and Cures
Old 10-12-2008, 04:10 PM   #941
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: NutinHonie
Stats: 209/173/145
Start Date: 10/1/08
ok, question about garlic. I bought a couple of cloves and although I've used some in cooking, I'm assuming I can just ingest it raw. I swallowed some small pieces like a pill. I don't need to chew it, right? And how much should I swallow a day to get some benefit? I was expecting some serious garlic breath, but that doesn't seem to be.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:12 PM   #942
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: NutinHonie
Stats: 209/173/145
Start Date: 10/1/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestreets View Post
I have a question to all the people drinking lots of acv on a candida diet.

I have always read to avoid it along with all other vinegars (when i did a candida cleanse a while ago). Some books say that you can ingest a little. But, I have never read that you should drink a huge amount of it.

What are benefits of drinking all that acv for killing off candida?
I would like to know the answer to this as well. Perhaps it's been covered in this thread, but it has become a bit overwhelming!

I'm guessing I'm drinking about 4-5 tablespoons a day. I don't measure, though, since I just pour it in. I've grown quite fond of it in water with a dash of stevia.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:45 PM   #943
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
Sorry for the double -post but not sure which YEAST thread to post this in!

Good morning.
I have renewed hope.

I have been struggling for weeks, even months and gained weight. I tried the anti-yeast protocol, but failed miserably. I would start out great and do well all day, but at night, the hunger and cravings did me in. I have been re-starting every day, all the while putting on more pounds.

I know I have a skewered perception of "dieting" and I am a binger.

However, I have been praying for a new revelation and new commitment (that lasts more than 1-2 days).

Today is the start of Day 2 and I feel good. I am taking it VERY slowly and continuing to pray for strength daily to stay on course.

Yesterday I started with my Egg Cream of:
3 free-range eggs
3 TB organic virgin coconut oil
3 TB Bragg's organic ACV w/ mother
unsweetened cocoa
stevia
homemade organic soy milk
homemade raw almond milk

For lunch I had slow-cooked local venison, cooked spaghetti squash, organic tomatoes, Parm cheese and mozzarella

I had the same for supper, only minus the mozzarella.

For a snack I had 1/2 of a 3-minute flourless chocolate cake made with CO, stevia and organic flax seed.

This morning I had:
Egg cream made with homemade organic soy milk
3 free range eggs
1/4 cup ACV
2 TB CO
unsweetened cocoa
stevia

For lunch I am planning:
Organic raw baby spinach
Slow cooked local venison and organic tomatoes
Baked cushaw squash and butter

For supper I plan:
Organic roasted chicken
Roasted cauliflower and butter

Snack:
Other half of chocolate cake

I'll just use VCO and ACV for a couple of days before adding in the garlic and GSE so I don't get the intense cravings and die-off.

Any suggestions, or does this look OK?
Old 10-12-2008, 10:55 PM   #944
Senior LCF Member

Hello everyone

I'm back to give you TMI on my bowel movements again! So, the last few days I have been bloating up like crazy and my stomach has been gurgling/churning really loudly. Clearly the co and other stuff I'm doing is having quite an impact on my digestion and I reported back the other day about seeing the whitish stringy stuff in my stools which I was convinced was candida. Well, the last few days I have been passing what I'm pretty sure are gallstones. They are sort of like little balls that float on top of the water. I know they are gallstones as I have done a number of liver flushes and this is what I have passed. They are a sort of tan colour and look calcified. This is quite unbelievable to me that I am passing them without even needing to do a flush and confirms what it is on Bee's site about not needing to flush if you are feeding your body the right things.

Also: I have seen a few bugs crawling around after I have passed. This is no joke.

And the breakout on the top of my arms is now officially HIDEOUS! I am really hoping I will start to turn the corner on this soon as I am so close to whacking on some steroid cream to calm it down.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

E
x

Lordy, what we are doing here. This is quite something.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:54 AM   #945
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: clutterbug
Stats: 235/221/172
WOE: Back to Atkins
Start Date: Started LC in March '08
Quick question: I was all excited to start having Fawn's pumpkin egg creams for breakfast when I noticed that pumpkin seems to be on Bee's no-no list as a high carb veggie and she also says no coconut milk! Aack! But I'm thinking that there are different ways to go about this. There is the super strict way and the more relaxed way and we're continually morphing somewhere between the different levels. I suppose some people can get away with coconut milk and some can't. All of you seem to do just fine with the coconut milk. I'm going to go ahead and use these items and evaluate after a while whether I should remove them. Has anyone noticed a reaction to pumpkin OR coconut milk?

What you do every day is more important than what you do once in a while.
~Gretchen Rubin

Aiming for the 170's. Journaling about it here.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:08 AM   #946

Gallery: thestreets
Stats: 140/110 5'6
WOE: Atkins - it's a diet
emslight - those sound like parasites. you might want to do some stool testing or try an anti parasite protocol along with the candida cleanse. a lot of times it is recommended that you get rid of the parasites first, because they will be hampering your other efforts, like to get rid of candida.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:22 AM   #947
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Ilpirata
FREE TO A GOOD HOME:

I just got the following anti fungals in the mail:

Nature's Way Pau D'Arco Inner Bark -- 180 Capsules 1 4.97
NSI Origanox Standardized High ORAC Oregano -- 1,000 mg - 180 Capsules 1 15.99
NutriBiotic GSE (Grapefruit Seed Extract) -- 125 mg - 100 Tablets 1 6.69

I took one of each and INSTANTLY came down with a UTI. Haven't had one in over twelve years. I'm not going to be taking these again. Each bottle is practically full (just minus one out of each). I'd like to pass them on to someone who is on an anti-fungal protocol. PM me your address if you want them and I will mail them to you.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:15 AM   #948
Junior LCF Member

E-that is amazing what you are passing. I am glad you shared. Really.

As far as itching...homeopathic sulphur has helped many w/ itching, if you use homeopathic treatments. A bath in dead seas salts really made a difference in my skin.

Aren't some of the antifungals also antiparasitic? Will have to look them up...pumpkin seeds/oil, black walnut are antiparasitic...I think, also, the diatamaecous earth helps in that regard. Will check.

I know some who swallow whole cloves ...not sure if it wouldn't be better to crush it some first, but even if you slice it a little to give it paper cuts, it would help, I'd think.

Loving blue corn chip and salsa...I'm still off of sugar and fruit...looking to drop dairy Friday.

I am nursing, so I'm not totally following Bea's program...I'm keeping the "seed" grains...millet and quinoa (so good for milk)...almonds/butter (not as at risk for mold like the other nuts)...and frozen blueberries (for now--low gycemic index).

Looks like Pau d'Arco is OK for nursing...hooray!
Old 10-13-2008, 10:21 AM   #949
Junior LCF Member

antiparasitic food/herbs by Wrenn lists some antiparasitic foods and herbs...many of which are being taken on this plan...here are some more...

Antiparasitic - these herbs destroy and dispel worms, parasites, fungus and yeast. They are also known as vermicides or vermifuges.

Examples are Pau d'arco, goldenseal, wormseed, wormwood, ajwan, cayenne, peppers, and pumpkin seeds.

Some other goods ones:

Alterative:

Known as 'blood cleansers' in the past, these herbs improve lymphatic circulation, boost immunity and help clear chronic conditions, particularly of the skin.

These herbs help chronic conditions because they aid in the elimination of metabolic toxins. Alteratives may be prescribed for sores, boils, tumours and cancers.

In addition they reduce fevers, detoxify the liver, kill parasites and worms, help in the treatment of infectious, contagious diseases and epidemics. Flu, acne, herpes, and venereal diseases also respond to this type of herb.

Examples are ginseng, aloe, sandalwood, red clover, burdock, bayberry, black pepper, cinnamon, myrrh, and safflower.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:14 AM   #950
Major LCF Poster!

YooperMom....where did you get your info about Pau D'arco? I've read conflicting information about it and haven't settled on taking it while nursing yet...I'd love to be convinced it's ok though!
Old 10-13-2008, 11:19 AM   #951
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: WildflowerMama
Stats: 185.5/143.2/revised to 140
Start Date: Nov 2006
WooHoo! I am FINALLY back down to the lowest I've been since having children 170.6 this morning. I am so thrilled!!! I am steadily losing and I just couldn't be more thrilled that this is working!

I started the anti yeast diet on 9/26 at 177 and as of today I'm 170.6. It's working!
Old 10-13-2008, 11:36 AM   #952
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildflowerMama View Post
WooHoo! I am FINALLY back down to the lowest I've been since having children 170.6 this morning. I am so thrilled!!! I am steadily losing and I just couldn't be more thrilled that this is working!

I started the anti yeast diet on 9/26 at 177 and as of today I'm 170.6. It's working!
That is soooo fabulous. I'm just today starting very slowly into the anti-candida diet and this is exactly what I'm hoping for! So glad for you and thanks for sharing the group.

That is so exciting!
Old 10-13-2008, 01:33 PM   #953

Just posting that I have a taker on the antifungals.
glad they found a new home.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:34 PM   #954
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
I have a question for you all. I got my sister doing the CO because she has bladder infections all the time and I am thinking she has major yeast issues. She also started to low carb. Well today she says she has the symtoms of a bladder infection coming on and feels just drug out. My question to you guys is: Can the die off be causing her to get a bladder infection? She says if she has to deal with this at work she don't know if she can handle it.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:37 PM   #955
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutterbug View Post
YooperMom....where did you get your info about Pau D'arco? I've read conflicting information about it and haven't settled on taking it while nursing yet...I'd love to be convinced it's ok though!
Hi, Clutterbug!

Knowing these folks makes it somewhat convincing for me...
Bulk Herb Store - Pau D'Arco bark - cut

but then there are sites like this that make me apprehensive, too, esp. in tea form...

Pau d'Arco

I wouldn't take it in a big a dose as Bea suggests...I'd be lucky to get a cup/day, if I go that route. Still debating...

A few more things that work here...

--Drinking the bulk of my fluids b/w meals, unless it's something to aid digestion (Bea's electrolyte, raw milk). Diluting my meal seems to leave it undigested and ---> gas. We've observed this in our family for years.
--I'm also taking "brew"...Dr. Schulze's Power/Master Tonic: Equal parts garlic, onion, horseradish, ginger and habenero peppers steeped in ACV.
--A friend, when needed a chocolate fix, blended up ice, fresh mint, stevia and cocoa.
--I just crushed a garlic clove w/ the flat side of my meat tenderizer (didn't let it sit for the ideal 10 minutes) and found it easy to swallow.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:37 PM   #956

I also wanted to post that the reason I didn't respond to the yeast protocal is because yeast wasn't my problem - turns out its been my THYROID this whole time! So, please carry on with your beastie yeasty battle. Didn't mean to crap my frustration all over your thread!
Old 10-13-2008, 02:10 PM   #957
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Monkee
Stats: Total Loss: -142 lbs
WOE: The Monkee Way :)
Start Date: Summer 08
How many tablespoons of CO are you all drinking?

I just received my big tub (1 gallon) worth of Nutiva EVCO and am ready to start! I tasted some off the spoon and OMG what a big different the brand makes. Tastes so much better! I think I can return to my daily CO intake, but how many tablespoons of CO are you all taking to battle the yeast? I was only doing 3T. before but that was before I found out that I had yeast problems. (Took that water test as well and it's totally positive! LOL. No question about it. I am walking YEAST! LOL.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:17 PM   #958

Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilpirata View Post
I also wanted to post that the reason I didn't respond to the yeast protocal is because yeast wasn't my problem - turns out its been my THYROID this whole time! So, please carry on with your beastie yeasty battle. Didn't mean to crap my frustration all over your thread!
You didn't crap on the theard! I'm so glad that you have an answer!!
Old 10-13-2008, 04:47 PM   #959
Nik
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Nik
Stats: (299) 295/287/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/25/07; 1/4/09; 8/28/12
I chose to start OTC treatments and feel SO MUCH BETTER!
I've actually had to get up to potty only once a night, so I think the yeast was irritating my urethra. I've also had less general discomfort in the pelvis, so that totally helps me feel better!

I'm off sugar, dairy, peanuts, and most wheat as of today. By the end of the week I will be totally off wheat and potatoes, too. I definitely need to up my veggie intake to keep my carbs up for pregnancy. I figure that by the time my round of meds is over, any remaining yeast will have very little to feed upon.

I'm taking acidophillus between meals, and subbed yogurt for hwc in my smoothie this morning. Tomorrow, I will slowly start adding some EVCO to my smoothie.

I also wondered, how much of the induction flu that comes with low carb do you attribute to yeast die-off?
Old 10-15-2008, 05:40 AM   #960

Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
*waving*

Just wanted to "Check in". I have been SUPER Busy and it looks like I will be for awhile. I'm not sure how often I will be able to check in--- It's when I can steal a few minutes, but I wanted to let you all know, in case I seem MIA for a little bit.

Hope you all are doing well.
Closed Thread