Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Candida and Yeast
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2008, 01:33 PM   #901
Senior LCF Member
 
emslight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: London
Posts: 838
Gallery: emslight
Stats: 160/Goal:130-133 (5ft 6)
WOE: Very High Fat/Yeast Free
Start Date: 8 April 2008
Just been doing a bit of a google search and yes, seems like we are pooing out the candida. Mine looked like white stringy threads in the stool. But lots and lots of them. Not food and I don't think tape worm or anything and my stool was very runny. OK now I am surely grossing you all out so it is time to go bed (I need to sleep before I start scratching my skin and am unable to stop!)
emslight is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2008, 01:39 PM   #902
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Jefinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: The land of sleepless nights
Posts: 7,165
Gallery: Jefinner
WOE: HFLC
White poop? OMG. LOL! That is a little alarming.
Jefinner is offline  
Old 10-09-2008, 01:50 PM   #903
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,135
Gallery: Margot 65
LOL not white like bird poop, THAT would be alarming.. LOL
Margot 65 is offline  
Old 10-09-2008, 04:40 PM   #904
MAJOR LCF POSTER!
 
WenB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,881
Gallery: WenB
Stats: 311 (h)/247.8 (i)/241 (c)/20-24% Body Fat (g)
WOE: Lap Band - Atkins Modified for Candida - BMR
Start Date: Induction on 7/22/08; Surgery 12/06
When I started Atkins this time, I passed an unbelielable amount of white mucusy stuff

I'm more or less symptom free right now - other than the fact I'm not hungry at all. In two days I've had maybe 1200 cals s and that includes a splash of hwc that I had in an emergency cup of coffee in the middle of the meetings from h3)(.

I'm not hungry, I'm thirsty, but having trouble getting water in - forget ACV right now, I need hydration.

I'm not hungry for carbs - just not hungry for anything and it's a fight to make myself eat.

What is going on with me?
__________________
[COLOR="Purple"]"Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try." ~Yoda[/COLOR]

Weight Loss Goals for 2009
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]246 245 244 243 242 241 [/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkRed"]240[/COLOR] 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195
WenB is offline  
Old 10-09-2008, 04:54 PM   #905
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 24
Gallery: YooperMomof4
Greetings from Upper Michigan!

Hi!

I found you all while googling for information about yeast die-off while nursing...if the toxins are released in the milk... Still wondering...I've read the 2nd half of this thread...I appreciate all you've shared!

I'm a 35 year old homeschooling mom of 4, living in the beautiful Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I'm also a member on another health forum and there are a lot of threads on candida...oil pulling...Epsom salts, antifungals...good sources to buy EVCO, etc...www.welltellme.com has great members and good information, if you need to look up something specific.

I've battled eczema for years--was on antibiotics at birth for e. coli spinal meningitis, so my immune system was compromised for the get go. I wasn't nursed, and was a carb junkie growing up in a Scandinavian household that loved bread and potatoes.

I'm going to start the program Bea outlines on the site you all were discussing tomorrow. I've done other cleanses (Master Cleanse--ouch, very harsh, liver flushes, and am GF), but I am nursing a 5 month old now and want to do something slower and more effective, long-term. I'm excited to try this method.

One thing that's helped my itchy skin has been Dead Sea Salts. W-M sells a tub for $4.50 and I bathe in it occasionally, but stretch it out by diluting 1/4 c. w/ 1 qt. water and dab it on when itchy. Cures the itch and kills any yeast.

I see many of you use Epsom salts baths--they're great for stimulating the lymph system to release toxins...not to mention they soothe aches and pains. My favorite way to ward off sickness and to feel better when detoxing.

Not sure how much I'll be on here, but wanted to just say, "Hi" and "Thanks" to all who've shared.
YooperMomof4 is offline  
Old 10-09-2008, 07:23 PM   #906
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,825
Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prozak View Post
you mean whitish poop?

OMG, me AND DD6 have been having that lately... DD6 is up to 2TB of CO and also taking probiotics (she is not very regular but appears to be getting better...) she usually poops little rock like turds that sink to the bottom, last night it was not so little, very white AND floating. I had also suspected candida with her too and wanted to nip it before it got out of hand. She has never had antibiotics but had steroids at 1.

I had TERRIBLE gas last night (I never have gas....) could it really be that?
*nodding* Yep! I ventured over to the Curezone and in the Candida room they had talked about that very thing. Some even took pictures!
Tooter is offline  
Old 10-09-2008, 09:29 PM   #907
Senior LCF Member
 
emslight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: London
Posts: 838
Gallery: emslight
Stats: 160/Goal:130-133 (5ft 6)
WOE: Very High Fat/Yeast Free
Start Date: 8 April 2008
Ooh, I might have to go over to curezone too Toot to see what they have to say.

My skin is still crawling! All over my torso today. Plus, another early start. I wake up so early at the moment ready to jump out of bed. Anyone else have this? maybe we just aren't needing the same amount of sleep as before?
emslight is offline  
Old 10-10-2008, 12:34 AM   #908
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
MintQ8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Salalah, Oman
Posts: 4,380
Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
I've started with the only Coconut Oil I could find - it's from Sri Lanka but doesn't say virgin or extra virgin - my thoughts are it can't hurt me to have a tbsp in my Egg Cream - but don't really think it's going to help with possible Candida. I have had a slightly fuzzy head, sore throat and a painful hip since I started it yesterday - but nothing else - these could just be part of life!!! I quite like the painful hip - when I did Atkins a year or so ago, aching hips tended to mean that I was losing weight - strange phenomenon but there you go - down a pound this morning!

Going to start having some ACV - but again, although this is cloudy - it isn't with the mother ( I don't think) - again - a little in a dressing, can't hurt - I suppose.

Will let you know how things go.
__________________
Vicky
MintQ8 is offline  
Old 10-10-2008, 05:07 AM   #909
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,825
Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by emslight View Post
Ooh, I might have to go over to curezone too Toot to see what they have to say.

My skin is still crawling! All over my torso today. Plus, another early start. I wake up so early at the moment ready to jump out of bed. Anyone else have this? maybe we just aren't needing the same amount of sleep as before?
I have noticed that too!!
Tooter is offline  
Old 10-10-2008, 05:21 AM   #910
Senior LCF Member
 
kristin4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: N.E. Pennsylvania
Posts: 455
Gallery: kristin4
Stats: 260.8 /233/ 150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 8/9/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by emslight View Post
Ooh, I might have to go over to curezone too Toot to see what they have to say.

My skin is still crawling! All over my torso today. Plus, another early start. I wake up so early at the moment ready to jump out of bed. Anyone else have this? maybe we just aren't needing the same amount of sleep as before?
When I first started the ACV I itched everywhere. Now, it is only random and not so bad. I added the OoO back in and now my underarms itch. Feels almost like razor burn, but not really.

I have never been a morning person. I always would stay up till 1-2 am and sleep till 9:30-10:00am. Then it would take me hours to get my stiff, slugish body moving. I even trained my kids from really early on to stay in their beds and never wake me (unless an emergency).
For the last month, I get up on my own at 7:00am with no alarm. It is even unusual for me to stay up later than 11:00pm now. I feel good. Some aches now and then, but nothing bad.
__________________
I just want to feel good again. Weight loss is the bonus!


260 259 258 257 256 255 254 253 252 251 250 249 248 247 246 245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234
[COLOR="Red"]233[/COLOR] 232 231 230
kristin4 is offline  
Old 10-10-2008, 05:42 AM   #911
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,825
Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin4 View Post
When I first started the ACV I itched everywhere. Now, it is only random and not so bad. I added the OoO back in and now my underarms itch. Feels almost like razor burn, but not really.

I have never been a morning person. I always would stay up till 1-2 am and sleep till 9:30-10:00am. Then it would take me hours to get my stiff, slugish body moving. I even trained my kids from really early on to stay in their beds and never wake me (unless an emergency).
For the last month, I get up on my own at 7:00am with no alarm. It is even unusual for me to stay up later than 11:00pm now. I feel good. Some aches now and then, but nothing bad.
This sounds just like me.
Tooter is offline  
Old 10-10-2008, 05:44 AM   #912
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,825
Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by YooperMomof4 View Post
Hi!

I found you all while googling for information about yeast die-off while nursing...if the toxins are released in the milk... Still wondering...I've read the 2nd half of this thread...I appreciate all you've shared!

I'm a 35 year old homeschooling mom of 4, living in the beautiful Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I'm also a member on another health forum and there are a lot of threads on candida...oil pulling...Epsom salts, antifungals...good sources to buy EVCO, etc...www.welltellme.com has great members and good information, if you need to look up something specific.

I've battled eczema for years--was on antibiotics at birth for e. coli spinal meningitis, so my immune system was compromised for the get go. I wasn't nursed, and was a carb junkie growing up in a Scandinavian household that loved bread and potatoes.

I'm going to start the program Bea outlines on the site you all were discussing tomorrow. I've done other cleanses (Master Cleanse--ouch, very harsh, liver flushes, and am GF), but I am nursing a 5 month old now and want to do something slower and more effective, long-term. I'm excited to try this method.

One thing that's helped my itchy skin has been Dead Sea Salts. W-M sells a tub for $4.50 and I bathe in it occasionally, but stretch it out by diluting 1/4 c. w/ 1 qt. water and dab it on when itchy. Cures the itch and kills any yeast.

I see many of you use Epsom salts baths--they're great for stimulating the lymph system to release toxins...not to mention they soothe aches and pains. My favorite way to ward off sickness and to feel better when detoxing.

Not sure how much I'll be on here, but wanted to just say, "Hi" and "Thanks" to all who've shared.
Thanks for all the info!
Tooter is offline  
Old 10-10-2008, 05:47 AM   #913
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,825
Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
If you are going to use ACV on your skin, you must dilute it.

It actually works great on the skin, but mix it with water. By it's self, it's much to strong and could burn your skin. I actually put mine in a spray bottle, mixed with water. This is also a WONDERFUL toner for your face.

It helps with dry patches and break outs.

Using a combo of this, plus the Virgin coconut oil is a winning plan.

This also works on toe nails and fingernails that have yeast infections. A sign of that is the "Yellow" nails and the nails looking "thicker".

Also, this combo would be great for athlete's foot.
Tooter is offline  
Old 10-10-2008, 07:20 AM   #914
Senior LCF Member
 
emslight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: London
Posts: 838
Gallery: emslight
Stats: 160/Goal:130-133 (5ft 6)
WOE: Very High Fat/Yeast Free
Start Date: 8 April 2008
So then, my hubbie is yeastie. I am sure. He has flaky skin and flaky scalp and a yucky looking tongue. How on earth do I get him to make any changes when it's an effort as it is to get him to do the basics like brush his teeth, wear deodorant and remember to eat! I have gently mentioned it to him. I think I need to go slow slow slow. Like get him wheat free bread and goats milk instead of his usual bread and cows milk. Try and get him to cut down on the cheese and pickles and the beer. He doesn't eat much junk stuff and doesn't have a sweet tooth so I don't need to cut out sugar in that sense but all the pickles, cheese, bread, milk - they really are a staple for him during the day (obviously in the evening he gets a good high fat protein meal with veg). There is no way he is going to give up any foods or drink. Anyone have any tips/experience of ways in which they've done/are doing a similar thing? Feels like a mountain.
emslight is offline  
Old 10-10-2008, 08:50 AM   #915
Major LCF Poster!
 
BikerAng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Duvall, WA
Posts: 2,590
Gallery: BikerAng
Stats: 195/167/155 5'9"
WOE: Atkins - organic & humanely raised
Start Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by emslight View Post
So then, my hubbie is yeastie. I am sure. He has flaky skin and flaky scalp and a yucky looking tongue. How on earth do I get him to make any changes when it's an effort as it is to get him to do the basics like brush his teeth, wear deodorant and remember to eat! I have gently mentioned it to him. I think I need to go slow slow slow. Like get him wheat free bread and goats milk instead of his usual bread and cows milk. Try and get him to cut down on the cheese and pickles and the beer. He doesn't eat much junk stuff and doesn't have a sweet tooth so I don't need to cut out sugar in that sense but all the pickles, cheese, bread, milk - they really are a staple for him during the day (obviously in the evening he gets a good high fat protein meal with veg). There is no way he is going to give up any foods or drink. Anyone have any tips/experience of ways in which they've done/are doing a similar thing? Feels like a mountain.
My DH is so much like yours. Not into sweets, but he won't give up his beer/bread or vinegary things (that's not ast tough though, he likes the flavor of ACV and I could just marinate things in that). Doesn't get bread here, but goes out to eat for lunch a lot. He thinks I'm a bit off my rocker for trying the candida diet to see if it helps. I don't think guys "feel the pain" of yeast like women do. One problem is that if your partner is overgrown with yeast he can just keep passing it back and forth. Ugh! BTW, I've also experienced the white-ish type stuff in poo/pee (as I type that all I can think is TMI!).
BikerAng is offline  
Old 10-10-2008, 12:12 PM   #916
Senior LCF Member
 
emslight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: London
Posts: 838
Gallery: emslight
Stats: 160/Goal:130-133 (5ft 6)
WOE: Very High Fat/Yeast Free
Start Date: 8 April 2008
Yes, I have seen it in pee too!

My hubbie thinks I am bonkers most of the time. Trying to explain low carb has been hard enough I've not even gone there and tried to explain co, ACV, everything else on this protocol. He just won't get it. I am thinking, if I can just tweak some of what he eats as snacks/meals during the day, then I am half way there.
emslight is offline  
Old 10-10-2008, 12:52 PM   #917
Zer
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SoCal (N.San Diego)
Posts: 9,127
Gallery: Zer
Stats: 5'10"; 65; 508.7/_320.0_/199
WOE: Atkins: <5%Carb; J-UD/DD(<2798/560cals); 128ozH2O
Start Date: Got scale at 432.4(2/8/08); 376.8(2/8/09)
Epsom salts to stimulate lymph system that a naturopathic doctor says is all knots and not releasing toxins. I can soak my feet. No tub. But maybe I can benefit from soaking my feet, especially the foot with a thick toenail that was removed and has grown back all lumpy and cruddy and will probably require being removed again when it works its way loose and bloody, as it did once before, being too large for my shoe. What a mess. Finally the HMO took action that it had refused to do for a nail that was hidden in a shoe. The HMO would remove a cruddy fingernail, but a toenail is a cosmetic removal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YooperMomof4 View Post
...a lot of threads on candida...oil pulling ... Epsom salts, antifungals...good sources to buy EVCO, etc......

...I see many of you use Epsom salts baths--they're great for stimulating the lymph system to release toxins...not to mention they soothe aches and pains. My favorite way to ward off sickness and to feel better when detoxing....
Is this something I should try? Or at least ask NDoc about?

Last edited by Zer; 10-10-2008 at 01:42 PM..
Zer is offline  
Old 10-10-2008, 01:30 PM   #918
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Su11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Outside Perimeter Atlanta Georgia
Posts: 15,076
Gallery: Su11
Stats: Total loss- 65 (since Sept 05)
WOE: General lower carb- fructose limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer View Post
Epsom salts to stimulate lymph system that a naturopathic doctor says is all knots and not releasing toxins. I can soak my feet. No tub. But maybe I can benefit from soaking my feet, especially the foot with a thick toenail that was removed and has grown back all lumpy and cruddy and will probably require being removed again when it works its way loose and bloody, as it did once before, being to large for my shoe. What a mess. Finally the HMO took action that it had refused to do for a nail that was hidden in a shoe. The HMO would remove a cruddy fingernail, but a toenail is a cosmetic removal. Is this something I should try? Or at least ask NDoc about?
Zer... the salts can be a pretty powerful laxative (I used it last week to overcome blockage after anesthesia and painkillers). But soaking in it, or using a washcloth to soak your skin with salt solution is very mild and yet makes you feel so much better in so many ways! If I were you, I'd find a basin to soak my feet in (add a bit of the ACV in there too!). One way I've used salts before with a shower is to mix the salts with a nice oil (olive or CO would be good), stand on a non-slick surface in the shower (I used a towel, YMMV!) and then rubbed the salt/oil in gently. Once I was completely salted, I rinsed with warm water. Wow! This feels soooooo good, plus with the epsom salts you are getting some of the great magnesium absorbed everywhere this way.

Hope it helps you!
__________________
Su
"A friendship that exacts oneness of opinion and conduct is not worth much." (Mohandas Gandhi)
"Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyrannize their teachers." (Socrates)

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." (Mae West)
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." (Theodor Seuss Geisel, a.k.a. Dr. Seuss)
Su11 is offline  
Old 10-10-2008, 01:41 PM   #919
Zer
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SoCal (N.San Diego)
Posts: 9,127
Gallery: Zer
Stats: 5'10"; 65; 508.7/_320.0_/199
WOE: Atkins: <5%Carb; J-UD/DD(<2798/560cals); 128ozH2O
Start Date: Got scale at 432.4(2/8/08); 376.8(2/8/09)
Laxative effect would not pertain, I think, if I do not ingest the salts, right? With my slow and painful moving, I worry about stimulating my bowels!

Soaking, however, sounds do-able. My poor feet are so neglected, now that I have a hard time leaning forward to reach them. A swipe is about all they get now. Sometimes an oiling or a creaming before I put socks on to protect my sheets. It's not enough. Soaking them will probably bring them back to life - and may help my lymph system open up to release toxin. If I'm all knotted up, this could un-knot me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Su11 View Post
Zer... the salts can be a pretty powerful laxative (I used it last week to overcome blockage after anesthesia and painkillers). But soaking in it, or using a washcloth to soak your skin with salt solution is very mild and yet makes you feel so much better in so many ways!

If I were you, I'd find a basin to soak my feet in (add a bit of the ACV in there too!). ... with the epsom salts you are getting some of the great magnesium absorbed everywhere this way. Hope it helps you!
I'll add Epsom salts to my wish list for personal shopper. Are there other salts that might be useful for soaking?
Zer is offline  
Old 10-10-2008, 01:47 PM   #920
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Su11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Outside Perimeter Atlanta Georgia
Posts: 15,076
Gallery: Su11
Stats: Total loss- 65 (since Sept 05)
WOE: General lower carb- fructose limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer View Post
Laxative effect would not pertain, I think, if I do not ingest the salts, right? With my slow and painful moving, I worry about stimulating my bowels!

Soaking, however, sounds do-able. My poor feet are so neglected, now that I have a hard time leaning forward to reach them. A swipe is about all they get now. Sometimes an oiling or a creaming before I put socks on to protect my sheets. It's not enough. Soaking them will probably bring them back to life - and may help my lymph system open up to release toxin. If I'm all knotted up, this could un-knot me? I'll add Epsom salts to my wish list for personal shopper. Are there other salts that might be useful for soaking?
Just don't ingest it and you should be fine. This is one 'granny medicine' technique that has a lot of value. Plus it is a great winter dose for hostas and daylilies!

Why not find a length of cloth that you can use as a sling to scrub/rub the feet a bit more? Maybe you could split a thin towel so it wouldn't sop so much?

I've heard good things about Dead Sea Salts, but Epsom's salts are quite well documented, cheap, and I'd probably go for those first.
Su11 is offline  
Old 10-10-2008, 08:02 PM   #921
Junior LCF Member
 
TNVicki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 45
Gallery: TNVicki
Stats: 213/206.5/165 (5'8")
WOE: Atkins (no dairy, wheat, or nuts)
Start Date: 1991 (1st time); 2004 (2nd); 10/5/08 (now WOE)
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin4 View Post
I have never been a morning person. I always would stay up till 1-2 am and sleep till 9:30-10:00am. Then it would take me hours to get my stiff, slugish body moving. I even trained my kids from really early on to stay in their beds and never wake me (unless an emergency).
For the last month, I get up on my own at 7:00am with no alarm. It is even unusual for me to stay up later than 11:00pm now. I feel good. Some aches now and then, but nothing bad.
I've been waking up early too. And I've had this week off and could sleep in. It's weird. And I haven't been sleepy in the afternoon. I guess it's not so weird as different and wonderful!
TNVicki is offline  
Old 10-10-2008, 10:16 PM   #922
Senior LCF Member
 
emslight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: London
Posts: 838
Gallery: emslight
Stats: 160/Goal:130-133 (5ft 6)
WOE: Very High Fat/Yeast Free
Start Date: 8 April 2008
Thanks for the useful tip about epsom salts. I was looking to do an alternative scrub as I do think this will be a good way to further release some of the toxins that are erupting out of my skin at the moment. Prozak had also suggested Xylitol and CO.

Anyone doing dry brushing?

Am on day 4 of using co on the problem areas on my skin as well as my face. I am starting to see results. Firstly, it just absorbs into my skin way better. No idea why but also, my skin is less inflamed and the pimples are starting to go down in some areas on my arms. The skin on my face looks nice and plumped and is blemish free. I'll update you again in a few more days. Oh, and I used it on my baby's bottom which was quite sore yesterday so am interested to see if it has helped there.
emslight is offline  
Old 10-10-2008, 10:20 PM   #923
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 743
Gallery: SLynnB
Wish waking up early and not falling asleep during work was happening to me. At least I'm getting appetite supressant and diuretic affect from the ACV.

Guess I will try soaking in the tub tomorrow, at my size, not the most enjoyable but if the epsom salts will help, then I'll give if a whirl. And thanks for the showering suggestion with the salts. Not to mention creating a couple of "foot cleaners" with an old towel.

I need some "Way to go" comments. Hubby and DD had KFC for dinner (I do love the KFC chicken) couple of pieces left when I get home. Very tempted but bagged them up and put them in the fridge.

Sheryl
SLynnB is offline  
Old 10-10-2008, 11:10 PM   #924
Senior LCF Member
 
emslight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: London
Posts: 838
Gallery: emslight
Stats: 160/Goal:130-133 (5ft 6)
WOE: Very High Fat/Yeast Free
Start Date: 8 April 2008
Sheryl - sounds like you are doing brilliantly. Can be awful when everyone around you is tucking into the food you most crave. You did great not to tuck in yourself and if it was me I would be pouring washing liquid over the two remaining pieces and chucking them in the bin as I wouldn't trust myself! Can you ask them to go out to eat their KFC rather than bringing it home? You need their support as much as possible during these early days as this is when cravings, hunger, everything will overwhelm like you wouldn't believe. Just hear Prozak's account of her first week!

From my understanding the cravings WILL go. I didn't get them too bad in the first days but what I did get was overwhelming hunger that I just couldn't seem to satisfy even after a high fat (normally) filling meal. Now everything has shifted again and it is the skin stuff that is driving me CRAZY. It just feels like it is crawling all the time with little bugs. I even got my hairdresser to check whether I had head lice. That went down well, you can imagine. I just said, my little girl had had them and would he have a look. Of course, there was nothing there but honestly, at times I feel like I am going mad!
emslight is offline  
Old 10-11-2008, 03:39 AM   #925
Big Yapper!!!!
 
NutinHonie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 7,807
Gallery: NutinHonie
Stats: 209/173/145
Start Date: 10/1/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by emslight View Post
Yes, I have seen it in pee too!

My hubbie thinks I am bonkers most of the time. Trying to explain low carb has been hard enough I've not even gone there and tried to explain co, ACV, everything else on this protocol. He just won't get it. I am thinking, if I can just tweak some of what he eats as snacks/meals during the day, then I am half way there.
I get the same. I came back from the store last night, he said, "did you get stuff for 'us'?" [meaning him and the boys]. Lots of good, whole food. He'll be o.k. as long as there is peanut butter.

I printed out some info on candida for him to read. He's had it for a week now, and still hasn't "gotten to it". He's afraid, I know. He KNOWS he's going to have to change his eating habits. His whole family has this problem, I'm sure. His mother has some serious health problems.
And my side of the family too. My parents both passed away in 2006, their bodies riddled with cancer, diabetes and other degeneration.

My teenager needs to understand the importance of nutrition. I just don't understand why he is such a picky eater. Well, gee, I guess MY eating habits were pretty sorry when he was little. Now, my 4 year old is much better. He eats a wide variety of healthy foods (as long as "other options" are not provided). Hopefully, grandparents won't fill him full of sweets this coming holiday season.

Oh, and my coworkers all think I'm crazy. "Oh, you can't eat that?" No, it's more like I "WON'T" eat that. Yesterday management prepared a hot dog/cole slaw/baked beans/chips meal for everyone.

As I sat there with my tuna patties and spinach salad with olive oil and ACV, my boss looked sadly at me and asked, "we don't have ANYTHING you can eat? But, the chips are BAKED! " Maybe they'll understand in a few months. heh heh

On a side note, I have been feeling pretty good all week, but last night for some reason the pain came back. It starts in my cervical spine and just works its way down...and then the hips, knees...UGH! I was not e[ks]pecting** this. I took a huge dose of magnesium last night and still a little achy this morning.

But, I'm down 4 lbs from two weeks ago.

** sorry my letter [eks] key is not working...
NutinHonie is offline  
Old 10-11-2008, 06:26 AM   #926
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Su11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Outside Perimeter Atlanta Georgia
Posts: 15,076
Gallery: Su11
Stats: Total loss- 65 (since Sept 05)
WOE: General lower carb- fructose limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlynn9 View Post
Wish waking up early and not falling asleep during work was happening to me. At least I'm getting appetite supressant and diuretic affect from the ACV.

Guess I will try soaking in the tub tomorrow, at my size, not the most enjoyable but if the epsom salts will help, then I'll give if a whirl. And thanks for the showering suggestion with the salts. Not to mention creating a couple of "foot cleaners" with an old towel.

I need some "Way to go" comments. Hubby and DD had KFC for dinner (I do love the KFC chicken) couple of pieces left when I get home. Very tempted but bagged them up and put them in the fridge.

Sheryl

Sheryl, I think you are doing great! Just keep doing the small changes and the big ones will follow along when you least expect them. When I look at how I ate 20 years ago, I am stunned. I just don't even want to eat that way now. Bit by bit, inch by inch!
Su11 is offline  
Old 10-11-2008, 06:36 AM   #927
Junior LCF Member
 
TNVicki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 45
Gallery: TNVicki
Stats: 213/206.5/165 (5'8")
WOE: Atkins (no dairy, wheat, or nuts)
Start Date: 1991 (1st time); 2004 (2nd); 10/5/08 (now WOE)
I found my old Yeast Connection cookbook yesterday. One of the things it suggests is to substitute Vitamin C crystals in water for vinegar. No ACV. Now this was published in 1989, so things may have changed. But I think I'm going to try it. I've noticed after I've had ACV I've gotten a bit (not much) more congested. And Vitamin C won't hurt you! I'll let you all know how it tastes and works.
TNVicki is offline  
Old 10-11-2008, 06:47 AM   #928
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 24
Gallery: YooperMomof4
re:itching

Something else that helps w/ itching--drinking chamomile and/or passionflower teas (think "nature's antihistamines"). I sometimes use lavender essential oil in EVOO...or w/ emu oil or cocoa butter or lanolin...when I have enough good fats in my diet, my skin is so much better. CO on clear skin is OK for me, but on a rash?

www.welltellme.com has threads on good sources for buying DSS, too. Lots of relevant help there for this topic.
YooperMomof4 is offline  
Old 10-11-2008, 09:19 AM   #929
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 24
Gallery: YooperMomof4
Something else, curiously, enough that helped clear up yeast-related eczema...with this last baby, my MW had me take castor oil...my skin TOTALLY cleared and when I wondered why, one of my pals mentioned there's something in it that's antifungal...sooo, not only did it make a clean "runway" for food, it also helped kill some yeasties.
YooperMomof4 is offline  
Old 10-11-2008, 09:30 AM   #930
Senior LCF Member
 
emslight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: London
Posts: 838
Gallery: emslight
Stats: 160/Goal:130-133 (5ft 6)
WOE: Very High Fat/Yeast Free
Start Date: 8 April 2008
That's great to know as I'm now taking 3 tsp a day!
emslight is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:14 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.