Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2008, 01:06 PM   #871
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emslight
Stats: 160/Goal:130-133 (5ft 6)
WOE: Very High Fat/Yeast Free
Start Date: 8 April 2008
So my next Q. Who here uses CO on their skin? Since trying to tackle the yeasties I have had an outbreak of spots on the top of my arms and also on my bottom! These areas have in the last few years been prone to spots so I am not surprised they've flared up again. I don't want to use anything too medicated. Anyone seen success with CO?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2008, 01:41 PM   #872
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BikerAng
Stats: 195/167/155 5'9"
WOE: Atkins - organic & humanely raised
Start Date: Feb 2007
I use VCO on my skin, mostly my face and neck because I've alway had breakouts and read it could help with that. My skin is very oily, but when using CO on my face it has totally toned the oil down, and I don't get any more breakouts (actually thinking about it I can't remember the last time I had a pimple!!!). When I first started using it though, I did have quite a few breakouts for about a week, maybe two but after that my skin is so soft and my pores even look smaller and the wrinkles at the corner of my eyes are also a lot ness noticeable. Just keep in mind that you will smell slightly of coconut (I can't even smell it anymore, have been using it for almost a year) and it's really oily when you first apply it. I melt about an 1/8 tsp in my hand and rub it between my palms and apply to my washed face and neck then try to massage it in for a minute (or as long as you can stand to). The massaging helps it absorb some. In the winter I use it instead of deodorant (can't get away with that in the summer though) and it totally keeps away any smell.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:22 PM   #873
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailuros View Post
You mean the NFP, or to keep breaking her husband's legs?
Old 10-07-2008, 11:58 PM   #874
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerAng View Post
I use VCO on my skin, mostly my face and neck because I've alway had breakouts and read it could help with that. My skin is very oily, but when using CO on my face it has totally toned the oil down, and I don't get any more breakouts (actually thinking about it I can't remember the last time I had a pimple!!!). When I first started using it though, I did have quite a few breakouts for about a week, maybe two but after that my skin is so soft and my pores even look smaller and the wrinkles at the corner of my eyes are also a lot ness noticeable. Just keep in mind that you will smell slightly of coconut (I can't even smell it anymore, have been using it for almost a year) and it's really oily when you first apply it. I melt about an 1/8 tsp in my hand and rub it between my palms and apply to my washed face and neck then try to massage it in for a minute (or as long as you can stand to). The massaging helps it absorb some. In the winter I use it instead of deodorant (can't get away with that in the summer though) and it totally keeps away any smell.
Thanks. I do indeed feel like a tropical smelling grease ball! I don't really like the smell on my body but I figure if I apply it before bed then that's OK. It seems to have absorbed better into my butt and face than my arms though.

I'll report back on whether I see any improvements.

Ooh, meant to say. I made chicken soup yesterday to help the healing process for my hubbie's broken leg. I cooked it really slowly in the crockpot using ACV to help leach the nutrients from the carcass. I then added a spoonful of co to my bowl when I served it and it was the loveliest warming meal - such a great way to get in the fats and protein.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:23 AM   #875
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dazed&confused
Stats: restart 365/365/180
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 08/10/2010 again!
Hi Ladies! Wow, just started low carbin', recently told I have Hypothyroidism, and then found this website! Lots n lots of changes. I have read most of the posts on this thread trying to figure out if I am suffering from yeast as well. Some of my symptoms are as follows: depression, hypothyroidism, bad gas all my life, only time I was constipated was once during my pregnancy (go regularly 4 times a day). The only skin rashes I ever had have been on my left hand and sometimes on my right hand. I have Erbs Palsy in my left hand (12 pound baby and birth and the doc caused damage when i was stuck on mom's pelvic bone) and have heard that a nasty rash comes with it. Haven't had any problems lately with the rash but was really wondering about yeast problems? What do ya'll think?
Old 10-08-2008, 07:07 AM   #876

Gallery: Su11
Stats: Total loss- 65 (since Sept 05)
WOE: General lower carb- fructose limited
Rubbing in the VCO is great, but what I find really 'sets' it is to do the very warm washcloth steam of the area to get it to fully soak in, as much as it can. I find that even on psorasis patches that this works best. So, if it is in a place I really can't steam with a cloth, I try to follow application with a rub and a warm rinse. I pat on just a bit more afterwards and I'm not greasy at all.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:23 PM   #877
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BikerAng
Stats: 195/167/155 5'9"
WOE: Atkins - organic & humanely raised
Start Date: Feb 2007
I'm starting to feel pretty darned good lately! I miss my cheese/HWC and nuts, but it's not the end of the world. I'm eating a lot more veggies again (started getting kind of slack there) and the fog has lifted! I bought some CLO (Carlson's lemon, it's really doesn't taste bad at all, I actually like it). I noticed this morning something kind of interesting. I've had this little spot in my eye (like a little blob in my eye fluid if that makes any sense) and it's been there for as long as I can remember. This morning it's GONE! Also, the inflammation in my back has reduced so much. Sometimes I feel like my food choices are so limited, but I'm really enjoying feeling better. Wonder if I'll ever be able to feel this good with limited amounts of nuts/dairy (after the yeast is back in balance)?
Old 10-08-2008, 02:17 PM   #878
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Monkee
Stats: Total Loss: -142 lbs
WOE: The Monkee Way :)
Start Date: Summer 08
I am going to do this!
I know I have it.
I've just been ignoring it. :blush:

Can we still drink decaf coffee? 1 cup only?

What about feta cheese? Would 1 oz. a day be a big no-no? (I wouldn't eat any other type of cheese)

I am not sure if I am mistaken, but I thought I saw somewhere else that you couldn't drink heavy cream. Is this true? I only use 2 tablespoons a day?

And spicy....Oh man, No spicy food at all? I clicked one of the links on the first few pages and it said NO SPICY stuff. Please tell me this is WRONG!

Will be heading to the market in 2 hours or so. I hope someone answers before then.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:23 PM   #879
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Margot 65
I really do think we are all different NurseMonkee...

I think decaf is fine!

Feta I am not sure... I do no think it is a moldy dairy product, so in small amounts it really might be OK. Only you can tell.

Spicy foods? Well, I am not sure I heard of that one.. in any case, do what you can for a week. Keep the cream if you must and eliminate the DEFINITE no-nos like mushrooms, regular cheese and vinegar (pickles, ketchup, mustard etc.) and make sure the spicy foods you do eat do not contain those (Frank's is out I am afraid it has vinegar..)

You are already low in carbs, so I assume you are not eating sugar.

For now, try and find some Pau D'arco (peDARKo) tea or capsules. Get some ACV (the unprocessed stuff, unpasteurized) and start increasing your CO.

We like to take care of the diet first before adding the antifungals, so see how you do on 3-4 days of this before we take the next step.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:51 PM   #880
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Monkee
Stats: Total Loss: -142 lbs
WOE: The Monkee Way :)
Start Date: Summer 08
Thanks Prozak.
I checked all my chili sauces that I love and they all have vinegar. Even my chinese chili paste has vinegar.

I LOVE VINEGAR.
It's weird, because I didn't before. All of a sudden I woke up one day and craved vinegary things ALL the time. Hot sauces, straight vinegar (my new salad dressing), mustard, pickles and such. I also crave lemon/lime constantly. This was over a year ago and its still going strong. I wonder if that has anything to do with the yeast/candida?

Giving up my vinegar will be the hardest, but I am going to do it.
I don't really like apple cider vinegar, but I will substitute it in place of my red wine vinegar.

My health is #1 at this point.
Whatever it takes. I've been abusing my body for years.
Time to give it some TLC.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:02 PM   #881
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

NM on day 2 of my protocol I had to leave an open house at the school because they were serving hotdogs and juice boxes.

I could have tackled the next kid who walked by with a juice box and seriously could have guzzled a bottle of both ketchup AND vinegar, but not before I buried my face in a pile of white buns.

This was AFTER low carbing for 6 months and never thinking ONCE about those things (heck, even when I was not low carbing they were low on my radar...)

That same night I was craving wine. I do not drink wine. ever.

We crave the foods most that feeds the yeast. I think in a day or 2 you will be amazed that the craving disappear.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:31 PM   #882
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: phyllissusan
Stats: 180
WOE: WW
Start Date: July 30th, 2012
yeast

How does one start the anti yeast program? Is Atkins the way to go. I have terrible itching all over and just was diagnosed with seborrhea like psorias. I was told to elimanate yeast products.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:53 PM   #883
Senior LCF Member

yeast

thank you all for all you advise re yeast diet I will start the Atkins tomorrow
Old 10-08-2008, 06:08 PM   #884
Senior LCF Member

tooter

thanks for all the advise. Here we go, tomorrow atkins and a new me
Old 10-08-2008, 06:12 PM   #885
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

take it slow phyllis!

tackle the diet first and foremost... get through those first 2 weeks and then we will help you along

do you have an Atkins plan and book?
Old 10-09-2008, 12:09 AM   #886
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su11 View Post
Rubbing in the VCO is great, but what I find really 'sets' it is to do the very warm washcloth steam of the area to get it to fully soak in, as much as it can. I find that even on psorasis patches that this works best. So, if it is in a place I really can't steam with a cloth, I try to follow application with a rub and a warm rinse. I pat on just a bit more afterwards and I'm not greasy at all.
Great advice Su. In fact, what I did last night was rub in the co after a hot bath and it went on a treat. I was a lot less greasy last night.

Already my spotty botty feels less inflamed after just 2 days but I am interested to see if using co topically (in conjunction with the anti-candida woe) will finally nail this skin issue.

Also: down a pound this morning! Yipppeeee.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:13 AM   #887
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Jefinner
WOE: HFLC
Okay... Still no EVCO... Not in the budget this week... BUT... A couple of questions... Could I already be having headaches from too much ACV? I haven't been drinking it a ton, but I've been putting it in everything. I took a swig this morning, and then just had some on a veggie salad (my little take on a Three Bean Salad - garbanzos, wax beans, zucchini, onion, celery, garlic, ACV, olive oil, flax oil, salt, and a smidge of Splenda). And I get headaches soon after drinking or eating it.

I also started trying out the coconut milk too. I put it in my coffee. Better than I thought. Not bad AT ALL. And it seems to have the same carb stats as heavy cream.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:29 AM   #888
Senior LCF Member

test

Thank you for the advise on the saliva test. Did it this am, and OMG, strings. Day one of Atkins. Thanks you
Old 10-09-2008, 07:22 AM   #889

Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefinner View Post
Okay... Still no EVCO... Not in the budget this week... BUT... A couple of questions... Could I already be having headaches from too much ACV? I haven't been drinking it a ton, but I've been putting it in everything. I took a swig this morning, and then just had some on a veggie salad (my little take on a Three Bean Salad - garbanzos, wax beans, zucchini, onion, celery, garlic, ACV, olive oil, flax oil, salt, and a smidge of Splenda). And I get headaches soon after drinking or eating it.

I also started trying out the coconut milk too. I put it in my coffee. Better than I thought. Not bad AT ALL. And it seems to have the same carb stats as heavy cream.
Do you have a wal-mart near you? In the Vitamin/supplement section of Wal-mart they have a Jar of EVCO (16 oz) for $9 (just a little under $10).

I like Nutivia...But I also pick up this type of Virgin Coconut oil at walmart.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:43 AM   #890

Gallery: Ilpirata
Still weighing in at 208. i don't think cutting cheese or nuts has done my weight loss any good. Hoping the results of my thyroid tests give me some answers.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:44 AM   #891

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Jefinner

I saw that KrisT has posted that she gets a headache from ACV too. So there must be something in it that can do it? I don't get headaches, but I don't overdo it either. Just a bit here and there. Maybe you can cut back and see if that works, or cut it out and then add it in slowly. KrisT had cut it out and when she added it back in is when she noticed the headaches. HTH
Old 10-09-2008, 01:01 PM   #892
Senior LCF Member

Bluergh... upped the co by a tbsp today and boy have I felt sick as a dog, bloated beyond belief and lacking energy. Just when you think you're turning a corner too...

Oh and my skin is crawling - MUST NOT ITCH!
Old 10-09-2008, 01:24 PM   #893
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ems have you tried a bath in coconut milk? it is soooooooooooooooo decadent

I also picked up a large carton of epsom salts, I am going to have a long soak in those tonight
Old 10-09-2008, 01:25 PM   #894
Senior LCF Member

I feel like I have little bugs crawling all over my scalp!
Old 10-09-2008, 01:28 PM   #895
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That was me on day 3! And again the day before yesterday!
Old 10-09-2008, 01:30 PM   #896
Senior LCF Member

I am so glad we are all going through this together. I would be struggling on my own that is for sure.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:18 PM   #897
Senior LCF Member

Please excuse the TMI but I felt compelled to write another msg as I have just been to the loo and you would not believe the amount of white stuff (candida) I have pooed out. OH. MY. GOD. Being the freak that I am I had to have a good investigation of it. This has never happened to me in my life but it explains all the bloating and hiccups and general awfulness I have felt today. Anyone else had this delightful experience?
Old 10-09-2008, 02:26 PM   #898
Blabbermouth!!!

Tooter - I saw the EVCO at Walmart, but I wanted to check out some or our health food places first. We have a couple of great places where I can find high quality supplements. I was going to see if it was cheaper there. (Sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't.)
Old 10-09-2008, 02:28 PM   #899
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

you mean whitish poop?

OMG, me AND DD6 have been having that lately... DD6 is up to 2TB of CO and also taking probiotics (she is not very regular but appears to be getting better...) she usually poops little rock like turds that sink to the bottom, last night it was not so little, very white AND floating. I had also suspected candida with her too and wanted to nip it before it got out of hand. She has never had antibiotics but had steroids at 1.

I had TERRIBLE gas last night (I never have gas....) could it really be that?
Old 10-09-2008, 02:31 PM   #900
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
Jefinner

I saw that KrisT has posted that she gets a headache from ACV too. So there must be something in it that can do it? I don't get headaches, but I don't overdo it either. Just a bit here and there. Maybe you can cut back and see if that works, or cut it out and then add it in slowly. KrisT had cut it out and when she added it back in is when she noticed the headaches. HTH
I might try cutting down, but I hope I don't have to cut it out... I really love a good vinaigrette, so I don't want to have to cut that out. I guess I could do just some lemon juice, garlic and olive oil, if nothing else. I'll try cutting it to once a day for now.

I'm not feeling any die off symptoms (except the headache, if that's one), but I am feeling less bloated in my stomach area.
Closed Thread