Old 09-16-2008, 06:34 AM   #61
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tinatina
Stats: 223/187/130 5ft3.5in
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
For those of you wondering about the Candida Saliva test...

Here it is:

Simpmle Home Candida Test
OMG I did this this morning

definate issues

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2008, 06:36 AM   #62
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinatina View Post
OMG I did this this morning

definate issues

Fawn is right...because of diet, meds and other things, about 70 to 90% of people have issues with yeast. Some are worse then others.

But, you have Knowledge now!! That's a Good thing!
Old 09-16-2008, 07:34 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emslight
Stats: 160/Goal:130-133 (5ft 6)
WOE: Very High Fat/Yeast Free
Start Date: 8 April 2008
Right then, have put in my order online for the proper stuff. You were rtight - I have been using ACV without the mother. Boo.

So when it gets here, what's a good dosage to start with/work up to? Currently I just have a capful in a pint of water on rising and then use it as my regular vinegar in salad dressings. I don't bother sweetening it as I quite like the taste.

Oh, and if you cook with it does it lose its 'mother' properties?
Old 09-16-2008, 07:35 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TXUKGal
Stats: (Highest 353) 297/245/175 (maybe 150)
WOE: Atkins OWL
Start Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by emslight View Post
TXUKGAL - is this the product?

Organic Apple Cider Vinegar by Higher Nature, Essential Fatty Acids, UK

And is this about the right amount of money it should cost?

Yes, that is the one I bought. I don't know if the price is a good one or not but it's all I could find. I thought about to Holland and Barratt's but decided to see what I could find on line.

There were a few companies out there that sold ACV with mother but I wasn't sure if I could trust them. I decided to look on ebay so that I could see what people had to say about it in their feedback.

I quite like how it tastes and I keep mine in the fridge because I like the cold crisp taste of it.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:44 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TXUKGal
Stats: (Highest 353) 297/245/175 (maybe 150)
WOE: Atkins OWL
Start Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by emslight View Post
Right then, have put in my order online for the proper stuff. You were rtight - I have been using ACV without the mother. Boo.

So when it gets here, what's a good dosage to start with/work up to? Currently I just have a capful in a pint of water on rising and then use it as my regular vinegar in salad dressings. I don't bother sweetening it as I quite like the taste.

Oh, and if you cook with it does it lose its 'mother' properties?
Did you end up buying the blue bottle ACV ?

From what I've read, everyone uses it a bit differently depending on what their needs are. For me personally, I didn't want to overdo in the initial stages so I've started off with a sip in the morning and then I add some to my salad dressing at lunch.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:48 AM   #66

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
ACV isn't like coconut oil you don't have to work up to it. I jumped right in with 3 tbls or more a day in my water with no ill effects.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:13 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emslight
Stats: 160/Goal:130-133 (5ft 6)
WOE: Very High Fat/Yeast Free
Start Date: 8 April 2008
Cool. Thanks Lisabinil.

Yes, TXUKGAL. Got the blue bottle you suggested and actually found it for a bit cheaper from another site. Thanks for the tip off.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:26 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sandi76
Stats: 236/214.5/180
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 15th 2008
Did my saliva test this morning, and according to the test I have yeast, but wouldn't everyone's spit be goopy first thing in the morning?
Old 09-16-2008, 09:18 AM   #69

Gallery: fawn
It's not the gooey part it's the tentacles that look like legs on the saliva test.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:45 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sandi76
Stats: 236/214.5/180
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 15th 2008
Yeah I had that, but I was thinking, extra thick spit first thing in the morning wouldn't that be kind of normal to have tentacles? LOL
Old 09-16-2008, 09:50 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angel247
Stats: 370
WOE: Whole foods
Start Date: March 2nd, 2014
I am reading people keep saying be careful of "yeast die off"...what exactly does this mean?
Old 09-16-2008, 09:54 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/183.8/152
WOE: A72
Start Date: This time: 7/23/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel247 View Post
I am reading people keep saying be careful of "yeast die off"...what exactly does this mean?
When you take steps to kill off the excess yeast (diet, coconut oil, oil of oregano, etc.) the dead yeast is still in your system until it clears. The dead yeast actually gives off toxins that in large amounts, can make you sick. That is why you have read in this thread, and will read on sites devoted to getting rid of yeast some caution about killing off the yeast too rapidly.

I hope I got that right!

DG
Old 09-16-2008, 09:59 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi76 View Post
Yeah I had that, but I was thinking, extra thick spit first thing in the morning wouldn't that be kind of normal to have tentacles? LOL
Not unless you've got some sickly mucous.

Ask yourself these 2 questions
1. Have I EVER taken a dose of antibiotics?
2. Have I consumed a lot of refined foods?

We can all say yes to the above and some are more rampant than others.

The first symptom of candida is the sugar cravings
it all goes downhill from there with a multitude of symptoms and one of the worst being permanent brain damage if it doesn't contribute to some other degenerative disease first.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:00 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggygirl View Post
When you take steps to kill off the excess yeast (diet, coconut oil, oil of oregano, etc.) the dead yeast is still in your system until it clears. The dead yeast actually gives off toxins that in large amounts, can make you sick. That is why you have read in this thread, and will read on sites devoted to getting rid of yeast some caution about killing off the yeast too rapidly.

I hope I got that right!

DG
You got it!
Old 09-16-2008, 10:03 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

I actually just googled yeast die off after I posted. Ok next question, I definately have yeast issues (I had MRSA after a knee surgery and was on Vankomycin for about a month and I have been totally messed up since). So I started doing the ACV and probiotics about a week ago. I honestly feel horrible and I didn't connect the 2 until this thread. I just have a general "sick" feeling...achy, tired, breaking out in boils-its hard to even make it to work....Any suggestions on what to do?
Old 09-16-2008, 10:08 AM   #76

Drink loads of lemon water. Don't trip about the lemon carbs.

Can you get a massage?
Can you sit in a steam room?
Old 09-16-2008, 10:12 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

I have a gym membership so I might try the sauna tonight. Would limes do the same as lemons? I have a bunch of limes at home already.....lol
Old 09-16-2008, 10:18 AM   #78

no lemons will cleanse the liver. limes taste good though!

Enjoy that sauna.....the heat will do you good in helping to detoxify
Old 09-16-2008, 11:09 AM   #79

Gallery: wannabeslim4life
Stats: 177/163/120
I just love this board more and more everyday I am so thankful for the knowledge here. I am going to try the test tomorrow morning. Since we are on the topic of CO is it okay for it to keep changing from liquid to solid? I was keeping it in my kitchen where it was staying liquid and now its in my bathroom where it is solid can I put it back in my kitchen and let it solidify and its still safe to consume?
Old 09-16-2008, 02:09 PM   #80

yep Melissa, you're safe.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:20 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: duece49424
Stats: 230 start 3/16/10..lifetime goal 150
WOE: low carb/healthylifestyle - struggling with binges
fawn - you are a wealth of information....how did you lose all your weight? I think I may have come across some great information when I found this thread. It was so costly at the doctor, but I think I will try and get rid of it on my own. Started the ACV today, CO makes me feel sick, but I may try it in very small amounts and see as i know you're suppose to work your way up to the level etc....thanks everyone
Old 09-16-2008, 02:22 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Forgot something...can you help your body along by getting rid of dead toxins by doing a colon cleanse for several months? Does anyone know or tried this?
Old 09-16-2008, 02:36 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by duece49424 View Post
Forgot something...can you help your body along by getting rid of dead toxins by doing a colon cleanse for several months? Does anyone know or tried this?
Wow-several months? When you do a colon cleanse you are also probably killing the good bacteria that should be there. A good probiotic seems more healthy.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:55 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SLynnB
Thanks, Tooter, for attempting to answer my question. Think I'll just plug along with my one roll per day and see how adding the ACV does. And, I do believe some coconut bark needs to be made for daily consumption. I really need to do more research on this.

Tell you, I'll be so happy if the excessive burping is related to yeast and getting rid of the yeast solves that annoying (and embarassing) issue.

Sheryl
Old 09-16-2008, 03:03 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Lisabinil - good point - just trying to figure it all out. I read somewhere about the colon cleanse, but, then they were probably trying to sell products. In your opinion what is the best probiotic? There are so many out there now. Did you like the super 8 high potency?
Old 09-16-2008, 03:07 PM   #86

Quote:
Lisabinil - good point - just trying to figure it all out. I read somewhere about the colon cleanse, but, then they were probably trying to sell products. In your opinion what is the best probiotic? There are so many out there now. Did you like the super 8 high potency?
I really like it and it is formulated for those with yeast problems. You can Google Udo Erasmus to go to his site to check it out. The best rated probiotics are the O'hira ones but they are pretty pricey.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:23 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: homestretch
Stats: 206.5/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 5/26/06
This is so interesting. For the past 19 years since I had my son via c-section I had a terrible rash all around my scar. I went through tubes upon tubes of Neopsorin which was the only thing that gave me a bit of relief. My last stint on Weight Watchers was a nightmare and the rash grew to about 4 inches tall by 6 inches wide. Since being on Atkins it is gone and I mean completely gone. I spent a year on the South Beach diet and still had the rash but since about a month into Atkins there has been no sign of the rash. I always wondered if it was yeast but never knew what the heck to do about it. This motivates me to put CO back in my diet just to safeguard against a recurrance!

"Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them." ~ W. Clement Stone

BELIEVE IN THE POWER WITHIN YOURSELF!
Old 09-16-2008, 04:28 PM   #88

Quote:
fawn - you are a wealth of information....how did you lose all your weight? I think I may have come across some great information when I found this thread. It was so costly at the doctor, but I think I will try and get rid of it on my own. Started the ACV today, CO makes me feel sick, but I may try it in very small amounts and see as i know you're suppose to work your way up to the level etc....thanks everyone
I lost my weight on a modified Atkins.
Did it my way which is a hoot in itself (I had a lc chocolate addiction)
it's a long story that I'm working on writing up for a project. I'll share when it's finished.
Lots of lumps and bumps, bulletin boards and now finally, an education as a nutrition educator through the Bauman College of Holistic Nutrition.

Colon cleanses should always be gentle, non-invasive and short term.

There is a nice detox on the market today called Whole Body Cleanse. It's a good gentle program that you hardly notice.

I also personally every few months take 2 days where I drink straight cranberry/lemon/ACV in addition to whole foods for a nice liver boost.
Beet Juice is also a nice liver tonic.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:06 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Fawn - I knew it! Hurry up and finish your project - I have to read it! When I first read the quote I knew you knew what you were talking about. I believe in the holistic health so much more than I ever did before. I was to several MD's about my weight, and never lost, given so much info that didn't work for me. Went to an alternative med guy, and learned so much...just can't afford all the supplements he wants me to take, but the few months I did take them I felt so much better and weight was starting to come off including eating LC. It all makes so much sense now. I think candida is such a huge problem that half of us don't even know we have it - I didn't know. I thought all my weight gain was due to stressful eating, but that probably wasn't all it. My husband died and I raised my kids alone, my dad died last year, and I am at home with a son who has mild cerebral palsy, add, bipolar, yikes and some days are such a challenge. My youngest daughter who is in the picture with me is in college finishing her masters degree. I will be 60 in November and really want this weight off when I visit my daughter in December for Christmas. Just moved her to Florida in August and miss her so much. I was also a foster mom and my foster son just left for college and I also mentor 4 kids. I know the LC way of eating is for me. Just need to eat clean.

Thank you so much for the advice and pass on the LC chocolate for my chocolate cravings - yeah!!!! Later...
Old 09-16-2008, 05:52 PM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
WOW!!!!
Closed Thread