Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2008, 07:28 AM   #841
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutterbug View Post
Thanks, Tooter.....My plan is to get back to LC minus cheese first. I think I'll keep the cream in my coffee for a week or two, although I'm excited to try Prozak's coconut cream-in-your-coffee variation that's been floating around! Looks like a good way to get in the coconut oil in the morning.
Sounds like a good plan!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2008, 08:24 AM   #842
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kristin4
Stats: 260.8 /233/ 150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 8/9/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisabinil View Post
I absolutely love this book-it's full of knowledge about the human body. Each time I reread it I gain a new insight on something. It is not a diet book and it seems you kind of treated it like that. It is a guide to healthier living and how to add supplements to your WOE for maximum healing.
Maybe it is my health care background and knowledge of the human body (I taught anatomy and physiology), knowing what the body really needs to survive, not the typical eat this this many times a day, pyramid, education. But the actual working of a human cell, energy, life cycle, etc...

I didn't mean that it wouldn't help someone just starting this woe. I did Atkins for 3 years before and ate clean the entire time. It wasn't until I had the steroids that I had issues with yeast. I wish I had the book at the beginning of this, when I must have been going through the worst die off symptoms. (symptoms so bad I ended up in the hospital)It would have cleared up a lot for me then and I am sure that the supplements would have saved me a lot of pain and worry.

But, since I no longer am having these severe die off symptoms and it is too late to have the enzymes (she says they only need to be taken at the beginning, when you do not have enough meat in your diet), the book really did not shed any new knowledge or insight.
The other things, I do not relate to myself, like thyroid etc. The only thing might be the sluggish adrenal glands, which naturally happens when you take steroids for a long period of time anyway. I will never take another steroid, so her minimal amount of 5 mg will never happen. (I suffered cushing syndrome from steroid treatment)

It was a good read, but not anything I haven't read elsewhere .

I am sure this book will help out those just starting the yeast journey. I was mainly trying to see if those of us that were doing this woe for a while now, including strict induction, felt the book didn't give them anymore insight then they already new.

I already decided this is the way I must eat for a long time. I knew the damage to my body was done from the steroid treatment.

I am really glad this book is helping you gain ways to increase your health. That is what this is all about, right?

260 259 258 257 256 255 254 253 252 251 250 249 248 247 246 245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234
[COLOR="Red"]233[/COLOR] 232 231 230
Old 10-06-2008, 08:55 AM   #843
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BikerAng
Stats: 195/167/155 5'9"
WOE: Atkins - organic & humanely raised
Start Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutterbug View Post
Well, it has literally taken me a week to read this entire thread. I have been through a lot of emotional ups and downs as I read and think about myself and my own body. I have read about candidiasis before and wonder if I have it but promptly forget about it as it just seems like so much work to fix it! I've been on Atkins for 8 months now. I lost 30 lbs in the first 6 months but really nothing for the last 2. It has been very frustrating. I went to the DANDR chapter about plateaus and he mentions yeast as a possible cause. I began to investigate. I had seen Bee's site before and went back there to read. Then I saw this thread and began to wade through....A week later I'm poking my head up to breathe.

This week has been hard on my emotionally. I started eating carbs on Friday night and haven't stopped (not binging, per se, just eating). I just felt very overwhelmed and depressed about being two hundred and damn two pounds for the last 2 months. But I'm feeling hopeful that following Bee's protocol will heal my body. I'm determined to stick with low carb and to see if fighting off an overgrowth will make a difference. I'm quite sure that it will.

I, like many others, have a love affair with my cheese and cream. Thoughts of giving it up, though, are easier than I had thought. I just keep telling myself that if I could give up sugars and grains for 8 months, I can temporarily give up my dairy. Especially if it eases some of the symptoms I've been having lately. When I first started Atkins, I felt so energetic and clear-headed. I didn't have any "induction flu" at all. But as time went on, the brain fog and fatigue came back. I don't know if that's because I've been eating more cheese than before or what? But I definitely do NOT feel as good as I did when I first began eating LC.

So I have really mixed feelings right now. I'm dreading another big upheaval in the way I eat. I had gotten really comfortable with LC eating and enjoyed it quite a bit. I had also just learned how to make yummy desserts with ground almonds that I'm going to have to give up again! But I am also hopeful that a few good tweaks and supplements will get my weight on the downward trend once again. I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for a few weeks of feeling pretty bad, though!

Oh, and one more thing.....I plan on getting pregnant again (with my fourth!) sometime in the next year, so I feel a bit of pressure (healthy pressure) to get this yeast under control before I undergo the upheaval of pregnancy again. Plus I want my weight down for this pregnancy, too.

So that's my introduction to this lovely thread. Nice to meet you lovely people. I've so enjoyed reading all your helpful posts this week. I feel as if I know you all already! Thanks for sharing your journeys publicly so we can all benefit. I'm grateful.
Wow Clutterbug, your story is so similar to mine! I also looked into candida a while ago, but dismissed it because it seemed just too hard. I tried Atkins to lose weight and felt so great, lost 25 lbs and I pretty much forgot about the candida issues because they just seemed to vanish. But like you, I started adding in a lot more cream and cheese (really becoming a majority of my diet) along with a lot more almonds (also in the form of almond flour desserts) and I really felt my health and weight loss going backwards plus a 2 actually more like 3 month stall now. I think the candida diet is probabaly a lot easier for folks who have already been on Atkins awhile, but it does feel like a blow to give up even more! Since giving up dairy and nuts and including more CO and ACV (really slacked on the CO in the last 2 months) I'm already down 3 lbs. Plus the bloat and pains have really diminished a lot (not gone, but definitely feel a big difference). The crappy feeling is still there, but seems to ease up more quickly during the day. I also took 2 days to read this thread, and all I can say is everyone here are real troopers! You all gave me the strength to give this a try. Thank you so much!! As everyone else stated here on this thread, go slow! The die off can be a real b*tch! And !!!
Old 10-06-2008, 08:57 AM   #844

Hmm... I have been low carbing since 1999 and I have known I have had a yeast problem WAY before then.

I learned so much from the book and am still learning. I had no idea about the
Amino acids, what they could do for you...How much to take etc. I found it fascinating. There is so much more info in there, then just that too.

As far as no severe Die off symptoms....Well, heck...That's the reason I started low carb in the first place, but it didn't mean I was cured of the yeast problem. It just ment that I wasn't Feeding the Yeast "extra". It still, very much, was/is there.

The Candida/Yeast over growth is not a quick fix at all. It takes months and even YEARS to get things back into balance.

Diet alone cannot do it. Believe me, I know.

You can go through spurts of awful die off, followed by feeling Fantastic...then back to awful die off again.

I Didn't read her book expecting to learn what to eat and what not to. I already knew all that. I read the book because I had heard it was a wealth of information on all kinds of topics related to our health and diet.

I also understood why I feel better eating a certain way.

I'm sorry that you didn't find the book a learning experience...But I beg to differ about it only being good for someone who is just starting out this Woe.
I've been at this a long time and truly learned a lot. Some info that I can apply now, and some I can/will apply later.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:07 AM   #845
aka fuelmanswife

Gallery: Beth1121
Stats: -20
WOE: VLC
Start Date: August 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
I agree. I am so thankful I bought the book. Lots of good information in there.
You can't retain it all in one sitting.

I can't tell you how many times I look things up in that book each day. lol
It's one of the best "diet" books I've ever read. I need to get my copy back out.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:09 AM   #846
Major LCF Poster!

I read that glutamine powder can patch or repair the holes left by the yeast in your intestines. Has anyone else heard of that? Is this supplement necessary or will the holes repair themselves once the yeast is back in balance? Maybe the glutamine powder just speeds recovery?

I also realized this morning that I've felt like I've had a hangover in the morning for as long as I can remember. It's always been so hard for me to wake up in the morning, and I never feel like jumping out of bed to start the day or feel real energized. I'm pretty much useless until I have a cup of coffee. I've noticed this even more now that I'm not feeding the yeast. Hopefully when I'm back in balance this will be yet one more thing I can look forward to!

That tuna salad sounds awesome Lazlo! I'm going to give it a try today. I'm kind of struggling for menu ideas. I went shopping last night and thought to myself, I can't buy anything! Last night I baked a chicken, steamed broccoli (poured butter/garlic over), and made a salad (just romaine) with EVOO and ACV and crushed garlic. I felt like this meal was just boring, but it tasted great! DH thought it was delish too (he's Italian and loves his garlic though!). I was hungry an hour later and ate a 1/2 of a small avocado. What is everyone else eating? Is coconut ok to eat? I know the milk and oil seems to be ok, but what about unsweetened coconut? TIA!!
Old 10-06-2008, 09:41 AM   #847

Gallery: Su11
Stats: Total loss- 65 (since Sept 05)
WOE: General lower carb- fructose limited
I don't have a lot to add since I have been 'off having procedures' this past half week. I am revisiting this now.

As far as the glutamine goes, I really bumped this up before my procedure (uterine fibroid embolism) and I have had a very good recovery. The nurses were surprised by how well I was doing, although I thought I was hitting that pain pump hard!) And I still have to take it easy this week, but I still feel that the glutamine did well by me for healing and pre-surgery glucose leveling.

I have to really commit to this, and I need to pull that out of my backbone to get there. LOL, my out of town friend showed up with MOLDY cheddar cheese to make me dinner this weekend! No sooner do you put up the 'I'm on a diet' sign than the wrong things try to make it past you. Of course, the green cheese isn't really tempting me! Gotta love cheap friends! (and I'm not offended, nor did I openly turn down the gift. I'll feed it to the beasties outside during our annual freeze so it won't waste).

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." (Mae West)
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." (Theodor Seuss Geisel, a.k.a. Dr. Seuss)
Old 10-06-2008, 09:47 AM   #848

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerAng View Post
I read that glutamine powder can patch or repair the holes left by the yeast in your intestines. Has anyone else heard of that? Is this supplement necessary or will the holes repair themselves once the yeast is back in balance? Maybe the glutamine powder just speeds recovery?

I also realized this morning that I've felt like I've had a hangover in the morning for as long as I can remember. It's always been so hard for me to wake up in the morning, and I never feel like jumping out of bed to start the day or feel real energized. I'm pretty much useless until I have a cup of coffee. I've noticed this even more now that I'm not feeding the yeast. Hopefully when I'm back in balance this will be yet one more thing I can look forward to!

That tuna salad sounds awesome Lazlo! I'm going to give it a try today. I'm kind of struggling for menu ideas. I went shopping last night and thought to myself, I can't buy anything! Last night I baked a chicken, steamed broccoli (poured butter/garlic over), and made a salad (just romaine) with EVOO and ACV and crushed garlic. I felt like this meal was just boring, but it tasted great! DH thought it was delish too (he's Italian and loves his garlic though!). I was hungry an hour later and ate a 1/2 of a small avocado. What is everyone else eating? Is coconut ok to eat? I know the milk and oil seems to be ok, but what about unsweetened coconut? TIA!!
Why don't you start a "Glutamine" thread!! Put that in the Title. Then we can gather information about it and it would be easy for us to find.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:48 AM   #849
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: WenB
Stats: 311 (h)/247.8 (i)/241 (c)/20-24% Body Fat (g)
WOE: Lap Band - Atkins Modified for Candida - BMR
Start Date: Induction on 7/22/08; Surgery 12/06
Okay, why am I hungry????

I had a normal egg cream this morning with CO, and now I want to go eat my computer. And I left my soup at home so I'm going to have to risk the deli downstairs and make a salad.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:54 AM   #850
Major LCF Poster!

Su - I'm glad to hear you are recovering so well! I usually don't take supplements, but I think I may need to to fully get over this yeast thing. I'm going slow, but it's nice to know what to add and when.

You know, it's almost like people know when you make changes to your diet. A friend of mine just bought a kegerator and asked us to come over every night over the weekend. I don't drink beer, but DH does and went over F/S/Sun. I didn't go and felt the pressure to. Friday my SIL is having a pizza/poker party. I told her I'd be bringing my own food, I pretty much do this all the time now and just don't feel badly about it anymore. People think I'm insane most of the time anyway. I just now tell them I have allergies and they back off.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:56 AM   #851
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Why don't you start a "Glutamine" thread!! Put that in the Title. Then we can gather information about it and it would be easy for us to find.

That's a great idea Tooter! I'll do that now. Hopefully I put it in the right place, I'm kind of new to the forum stuff. Wish me luck!
Old 10-06-2008, 10:05 AM   #852
Major LCF Poster!

I just saw the thread "Candida what are you eating" so I'll just look at that thread for ideas and suggestions! I'm feeling super energized today, well for right now anyway!
Old 10-06-2008, 10:07 AM   #853
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Margot 65
BikerAnge, I am no stranger to that hungover feeling in the AM.. it does seem to be getting better.

kristin4, I do know exactly where you are coming from in your review of the book.. I think I was a tad underwhelmed when it finally arrived, I expected to learn more (but that is not saying there wasn't ANY new information in there... I too was all over the adrenal gland chapters...)

It is a fabulous book for MANY, like my Sister who did not eat LC but has many, many issues like gluten intolerance and yeast (no weight problem she is quite thin..)

I found I had to think waaaaaaay back before LC to find some of the symptoms that correlated for me as well.. I have been doing this for so long now (except those last 6 months of pregnancy..).

lazlo that tuna salad sounds delicious, I might have to try it! Thanks for sharing

Last edited by Margot 65; 10-06-2008 at 10:09 AM..
Old 10-06-2008, 10:09 AM   #854
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WenB View Post
Okay, why am I hungry????

I had a normal egg cream this morning with CO, and now I want to go eat my computer. And I left my soup at home so I'm going to have to risk the deli downstairs and make a salad.
PMS TOM?

Happens to me
Old 10-06-2008, 10:10 AM   #855
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: clutterbug
Stats: 235/221/172
WOE: Back to Atkins
Start Date: Started LC in March '08
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerAng View Post
Wow Clutterbug, your story is so similar to mine! !!!
Yep.....it's all awfully familiar! As is your next post about feeling SO sluggish in the morning and needing coffee to get going. I am terrible in the mornings. I would love some morning energy. Here's to hoping we both get an energy boost through our efforts! *fingers crossed*

Nice to meet you, Ang!
Old 10-06-2008, 10:12 AM   #856
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

clutter I have been caffeine free since Thursday (not even a cuppa tea..)

I feel great!

But, I do miss it.. I make hubby a 1/2 pot every AM and wonder if I could ever enjoy it again. Maybe some day decaf?
Old 10-06-2008, 11:28 AM   #857
Major LCF Poster!

Clutterbug - Nice to meet you too! I think we are all well on our way to healthier days. I think the main thing is the awareness of it and doing something about it. It's so great to talk to you all, it really helps a TON to have support!

Prozak - you really are inspiring me to quit coffee again. It was so hard for me last time, I think I will try it again sometime soon. Herbal tea is a nice substitute, but it's just not the same.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:15 PM   #858
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TNVicki
Stats: 213/206.5/165 (5'8")
WOE: Atkins (no dairy, wheat, or nuts)
Start Date: 1991 (1st time); 2004 (2nd); 10/5/08 (now WOE)
This all makes so much sense! (also OoO idea)

OMG! I can't believe I got through all 29 pages in one day! Of course, it helps that I'm off today and have done absolutely nothing else. :blush:

It has FINALLY clicked that this is the ultimate solution to my problem. Long story short, I had yeast issues with my daughter when I was nursing her. She and I passed the thrush back and forth for six months. Like Dawn, it was La Leche who helped me find the solution. That was back in 1991. I bought the book "The Yeast Connection" by Dr. William Crook and followed it to a tee. Not only did I get rid of the yeasties, I also lost 70 pounds. I was also fortunate enough to talk to Dr. Crook and confirm my findings.

Now, did I stick to this WOE? Nope. I thought I had it under control as long as the thrush or yeast infections didn't show up. Boy, was I wrong.

Fast forward to 2004 when I started Atkins. I lost weight but slowly. I was eating lots of the Atkins products (maltitol is a no-no for me) and eating lots of dairy. I lost weight, just not the vast amounts most people did. I never made the yeast connection (no pun intended!).

Again, I fell off the wagon and started in on my carbs again. At first it seemed ok, but then the weight gradually came back. Next I tried gluten free, and while that helped with the abdominal issues, it didn't cause me to lose weight.

After reading this thread, I'm now convinced that the yeastie beasties never went away. The worst I felt was when I tried the raw food diet (waaaayyyy too many carbs for me). I bloated up overnight despite eating what I thought was healthy natural food. And the bloat's still with me today.

And so, I begin again. I wish I'd read this yesterday before I went and bought stuff to make oopsies. Maybe my DH will eat them, though I suspect he has yeast problems too. But that's another story.

I'm a personal fitness trainer, and it's so frustrating to see people's looks when I tell them so. I certainly don't look like one right now despite eating healthy foods and exercising 5-6 times a week. I suspect it's from my body's immune system bloating to deal with all the toxins. And I have been told I have inflammation issues, again probably from the yeast.

I've been taking the grapefruit seed extract from Solaray in capsules. That way it doesn't taste as bad. I've added in the Oil of Oregano into my ACV/EVOO dressing. It adds a nice Italian taste and doesn't leave that aftertaste. Now I will cut out the cheese and nuts ( sniff, sniff!) and see what happens.

Tooter, thanks for posting this thread. I've learned so much. And thanks to all of you who contributed. You've helped me more than you could possibly know.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:54 PM   #859
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lazlo0607
Stats: 160
WOE: low carb do to GI
Start Date: july 08
tuna salad or what ever salad

so anyone have th tuna salad. curious cause i do chichen salad the same way as well. even used sliced pork chops cut up small. few ideas. and if you dont want the cabbage. wrap the mixture in a romain leaf or green leaf lettuce leaf.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:45 PM   #860
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emslight
Stats: 160/Goal:130-133 (5ft 6)
WOE: Very High Fat/Yeast Free
Start Date: 8 April 2008
Question to all you ladies on the thread. How damaging is the contaceptive pill in terms of the yeasties? Having just had 2 babies with only a 2 year gap between them I would like a little break before no. 3!
Old 10-07-2008, 04:28 AM   #861

Quote:
Originally Posted by emslight View Post
Question to all you ladies on the thread. How damaging is the contaceptive pill in terms of the yeasties? Having just had 2 babies with only a 2 year gap between them I would like a little break before no. 3!
VERY!!! The Pill causes a lot of the Yeast issues and so does having kids one right after the other.

I had 4 children in 6 years! I was also on "The Pill" when I got pregnant with 2 of them. Yes, I took the pill...but my IBS would go from constipation to "The Runs". The doctor never mentioned that I wouldn't be "covered" by the pill if that happened.

The Pill and having kids close together are just 2 of the major factors that factor in to the Candida/Yeast thing. It's also the reason why you hear more about women with Candida/yeast issues then men. Believe me, Men DO have Candida/Yeast...It's just that these 2 issues are only related to women with Candida (Men don't take "the Pill" and they don't give birth).

Our Hormones get effected and so does are nutrition with those 2 things. It makes things "ripe" for the Candida to not only survive, but to "take over".

Combine that with any type of antibiotic in your life time and the "American Standard Diet"...And it spells big trouble and most people don't even realize it, nor do they make any "Connection" With their health issues and symptoms.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:32 AM   #862

emslight, I can understand wanting to go on "The Pill" and not have another baby right away. Just realize that you will really need to "Keep at it", with the yeast issue.

Also, you will need to read up on the different Yeast supplements and if they inter-act with the Pill.

I believe Vitamin C, interferes with the Pill...So does Antibiotics. So, you'll need to do your homework.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:34 AM   #863

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVicki View Post
OMG! I can't believe I got through all 29 pages in one day! Of course, it helps that I'm off today and have done absolutely nothing else. :blush:

It has FINALLY clicked that this is the ultimate solution to my problem. Long story short, I had yeast issues with my daughter when I was nursing her. She and I passed the thrush back and forth for six months. Like Dawn, it was La Leche who helped me find the solution. That was back in 1991. I bought the book "The Yeast Connection" by Dr. William Crook and followed it to a tee. Not only did I get rid of the yeasties, I also lost 70 pounds. I was also fortunate enough to talk to Dr. Crook and confirm my findings.

Now, did I stick to this WOE? Nope. I thought I had it under control as long as the thrush or yeast infections didn't show up. Boy, was I wrong.

Fast forward to 2004 when I started Atkins. I lost weight but slowly. I was eating lots of the Atkins products (maltitol is a no-no for me) and eating lots of dairy. I lost weight, just not the vast amounts most people did. I never made the yeast connection (no pun intended!).

Again, I fell off the wagon and started in on my carbs again. At first it seemed ok, but then the weight gradually came back. Next I tried gluten free, and while that helped with the abdominal issues, it didn't cause me to lose weight.

After reading this thread, I'm now convinced that the yeastie beasties never went away. The worst I felt was when I tried the raw food diet (waaaayyyy too many carbs for me). I bloated up overnight despite eating what I thought was healthy natural food. And the bloat's still with me today.

And so, I begin again. I wish I'd read this yesterday before I went and bought stuff to make oopsies. Maybe my DH will eat them, though I suspect he has yeast problems too. But that's another story.

I'm a personal fitness trainer, and it's so frustrating to see people's looks when I tell them so. I certainly don't look like one right now despite eating healthy foods and exercising 5-6 times a week. I suspect it's from my body's immune system bloating to deal with all the toxins. And I have been told I have inflammation issues, again probably from the yeast.

I've been taking the grapefruit seed extract from Solaray in capsules. That way it doesn't taste as bad. I've added in the Oil of Oregano into my ACV/EVOO dressing. It adds a nice Italian taste and doesn't leave that aftertaste. Now I will cut out the cheese and nuts ( sniff, sniff!) and see what happens.

Tooter, thanks for posting this thread. I've learned so much. And thanks to all of you who contributed. You've helped me more than you could possibly know.
It's like a revelation, isn't it?

I am going to have to try the Oil of Oregano in Salad dressing!! What a wonderful Idea!
Old 10-07-2008, 07:03 AM   #864
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: clutterbug
Stats: 235/221/172
WOE: Back to Atkins
Start Date: Started LC in March '08
I was on the Pill for several years before I had children, and that's how I gained my first 30 lbs! I'm sure some of my current issues stem from that period, too. Have you looked into Natural Family Planning? It requires a little thinking and planning, but don't the best things in life take a little work? Good luck!
Old 10-07-2008, 07:40 AM   #865
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Livywilltim-mom
Stats: 208/Jan 14/183/110
WOE: LC
Start Date: February 9, 2014
Thread Jack...

NFP is wonderful and very effective is practiced conscienciously. WAY better for our bodies than chemicals!

IMHO, you will gain such an understanding of how your body works and how to "read" it. I would strongly recommend it

END OF THREAD JACK!
Old 10-07-2008, 07:46 AM   #866
Senior LCF Member

Actually, that's why I asked. I've been thinking of doing NFP - it's what my sister has done these last few years and then made it extremely easy for her to getpregnant as she had such a deep understanding of her body. I was on the pill whilst breastfeeding though as you can't as easily do NFP (even though BF'ing itself can be a good contraceptive.) Now I've stopped BF'ing I was thinking I should come off the pill, let my periods kick back in and go from there. Hubbie is laid up in bed at the mo with a broken leg so that in itself is a good contraceptive (OK, TMI... apologies!)
Old 10-07-2008, 07:50 AM   #867

Quote:
Originally Posted by emslight View Post
Actually, that's why I asked. I've been thinking of doing NFP - it's what my sister has done these last few years and then made it extremely easy for her to getpregnant as she had such a deep understanding of her body. I was on the pill whilst breastfeeding though as you can't as easily do NFP (even though BF'ing itself can be a good contraceptive.) Now I've stopped BF'ing I was thinking I should come off the pill, let my periods kick back in and go from there. Hubbie is laid up in bed at the mo with a broken leg so that in itself is a good contraceptive (OK, TMI... apologies!)

ETA: I think it would be The Healthiest Choice.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:59 AM   #868
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Quote:

ETA: I think it would be The Healthiest Choice.
You mean the NFP, or to keep breaking her husband's legs?
Old 10-07-2008, 08:05 AM   #869
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kristin4
Stats: 260.8 /233/ 150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 8/9/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailuros View Post
You mean the NFP, or to keep breaking her husband's legs?
LOL!!
That made me spit my egg cream on my laptop.
With 4 girls, I wish someone had told me of the broken leg thing after #3. Nah, she is the spice in my life and I am sure a broken leg wouldn't have stopped my DH. LOL!

your reply was very funny!
Old 10-07-2008, 12:04 PM   #870
Senior LCF Member

That has made me laugh like crazy too!
Closed Thread