Stats: 183/142/135
WOE: Atkins/low carb
Start Date: May 23 2008
where is this protocol "site?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2008, 06:52 PM   #782
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Margot 65
There is no set site, we are kind of pulling bits and pieces of information from all over the internet.

We each will need to find what works for us as individuals, depending on our lifestyles, finances and also fit in what we can find.

The one website I a LOT from is Bee Wilder's site, it can be found at

healingnaturallybybee dot com
Old 09-30-2008, 06:57 PM   #783
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healed01
Stats: 183/142/135
WOE: Atkins/low carb
Start Date: May 23 2008
Thanks Prozak..by the way..how did this all start..I was away for a week and I saw that you were happy with the egg cremes and then I came back and saw this thread and that you were not feeling so well..and with all the "zits"you were going back in time through puberty again
Old 09-30-2008, 07:18 PM   #784
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: WildflowerMama
Stats: 185.5/143.2/revised to 140
Start Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth1121 View Post
Make your own mayo (it's soooo easy to make), and you can still have your deviled eggs!
I've tried that before with EVOO and the taste of the oil is just way too strong. I didn't like it at all. Are there any other oils I could use?
Old 09-30-2008, 08:07 PM   #785
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lazlo0607
Stats: 160
WOE: low carb do to GI
Start Date: july 08
tooter

thx for answering . i really do want to get this undercontrol. i know everything you have told me so far to do has helped a great deal. have noticed it like well im feeling good so why not kinda things. huh?. so i should cut out all dairy or just limit?? so the egg cream recipe of fawns is alright i think. remember fawn saying i shopuld eat alot of apples and oranges. and its the sugar in the peaches , grapes and nectarines right?
Old 10-01-2008, 03:49 AM   #786
aka fuelmanswife

Gallery: Beth1121
Stats: -20
WOE: VLC
Start Date: August 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildflowerMama View Post
I've tried that before with EVOO and the taste of the oil is just way too strong. I didn't like it at all. Are there any other oils I could use?
Maybe try the extra light instead of the extra virgin. I know the EVOO has many more health benfits, but I think the extra light is fine to use....unless one you who has reserarched more than me tells me otherwise.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:55 AM   #787
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: TinaBina
WOE: L/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth1121 View Post
Maybe try the extra light instead of the extra virgin. I know the EVOO has many more health benfits, but I think the extra light is fine to use....unless one you who has reserarched more than me tells me otherwise.
I had the same problem, I need to pick up some extra light olive oil and try again.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:38 AM   #788
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazlo0607 View Post
thx for answering . i really do want to get this undercontrol. i know everything you have told me so far to do has helped a great deal. have noticed it like well im feeling good so why not kinda things. huh?. so i should cut out all dairy or just limit?? so the egg cream recipe of fawns is alright i think. remember fawn saying i shopuld eat alot of apples and oranges. and its the sugar in the peaches , grapes and nectarines right?
Lazlo, read this page:

Candida Diet - what to eat for Candida and Candidiasis intestinal yeast infections

It talks about how the Atkins diet IS a Candida Diet.

Some Points I would like to make with this article...

The Diet Doesn't Kill the yeast nor control it. You just aren't feeding them extra food.

No Fruit is on the Candida diet at all. NONE.

So, you see...The fruit really should be a NO until you have the yeast under control.

Diet should be first
Building the immune system is next.
Taking Antifungals is next
Probiotics is the next step.

All those steps have to be taken BEFORE you can even think about fruit.

Diet alone, is NOT going to cure Candida.

I thought the same way that you did. I was doing Atkins, I didn't have symptoms. Surely, I could add those foods back in now?!?! Um...No. I wasn't cured. I just wasn't feeding the yeast extra food.

Already you are starting to get cravings. It's just one of the signs that the yeast are feeding and growing. If you keep it up, other signs and symptoms will develope. Your Immunity is going to be down. IBS will start showing up etc...

Remember there are 4 steps to beating Yeast/Candida

(1) DIET FIRST
(2) Building your Immune System with Foods and supplements
(3) Taking Antifungals to kill the yeast
(4)Probiotics to build up the good bacteria.

You also have to do these stages SLOWLY So that you are not overwhelmed with Die off.

If you don't do it this way, you are just putting yourself back into the Candida/yeast Cycle of compromised immunity and disease.

It's the only way, to beat this thing. It takes time and patience.

Knowledge is Power.

Last edited by Tooter; 10-01-2008 at 04:59 AM..
Old 10-01-2008, 05:58 AM   #789
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kristin4
Stats: 260.8 /233/ 150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 8/9/08
I feel like a failure... I tried the coffee cream thing, it wasn't anything like half and half. I just can't drink it. I just dumped it out and started fresh with my half and half.
Can I still come here? It is the only thing I can't change. I eat clean. I only have my coffee in the am. Usually 1 cup, although my cup is very, very large. Takes 2 hands to lift it, lol! I have no other milk product enter my body.

Also, I wanted to let you guys know, how my self experiment with oil of oregano and grapefruit seed extract was going.

With OoO, no weight loss and symptoms stay the same.
Switched to GFS and my weight drops a 1/2 pound to a full pound a day. My swelling goes down and my legs do not ache as much.

I sleep the same on both supplements, waking every few hours (at least 2 times a night) to pee.

My skin looks better with the GFS extract. (less pimples)

My sore throat goes a way with the GFS.

Everything else is the same. I think I will stick with the grapefruit seed extract longer this time. For me, it seems to do a better job.

Kristin

260 259 258 257 256 255 254 253 252 251 250 249 248 247 246 245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234
[COLOR="Red"]233[/COLOR] 232 231 230
Old 10-01-2008, 06:15 AM   #790

kristin4, You are NOT a failure and you BETTER keep coming here!

Honey, we are each on our own "Journey". We are just sharing what we have learned through research/reading and what we have found to work for ourselves.

There is no such thing as "Perfect". So, you still have "Half n Half". So what?
That doesn't mean you aren't "doing it right" and that doesn't mean that the rest of what you are doing isn't going to work.

This is about fighting Candida/Yeast and learning how to LIVE while you are doing it.

I really don't think it's a big deal at all.

With the Dairy...I think it's a Big issue for some and not a big issue for others. That's something that each of us has to find out on our own.

You are NOT a Failure. Now, repeat that 100 times!
Old 10-01-2008, 06:17 AM   #791

Kristin4, what is your doseage of GSE and how often do you take it?

I'm going to start it next week, and I want some kind of "Idea" to work with.

TIA.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:32 AM   #792
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post

TIA.
I worked my way up to 3 tablets a day. I usually take it with a meal. Do NOT take it 3 times a day at first. Start out once a day and then after a day or 2 add another (I was getting really dizzy when I added the second tablet), until you reach the 3 a day. Take it really slow. This stuff is powerful! Once you are up to the 3 a day, you will notice things getting better instead of worse. I really am considering continuing on the GFS for a long time. Maybe if my symptoms start up again, then and only then will I switch back to the OoO.
Just remember, our bodies are different. I might just have a yeast that reacts to the GFS.

Also thanks for making me feel included. I was afraid that "I wouldn't be clean enough" to post on here, since I am not following the "no dairy".
Old 10-01-2008, 07:25 AM   #793

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin4 View Post
I worked my way up to 3 tablets a day. I usually take it with a meal. Do NOT take it 3 times a day at first. Start out once a day and then after a day or 2 add another (I was getting really dizzy when I added the second tablet), until you reach the 3 a day. Take it really slow. This stuff is powerful! Once you are up to the 3 a day, you will notice things getting better instead of worse. I really am considering continuing on the GFS for a long time. Maybe if my symptoms start up again, then and only then will I switch back to the OoO.
Just remember, our bodies are different. I might just have a yeast that reacts to the GFS.

Also thanks for making me feel included. I was afraid that "I wouldn't be clean enough" to post on here, since I am not following the "no dairy".
I will heed your advice on the GSE! Thank you so much.

I'm glad you got over that "Clean" thing. It actually struck me as funny when I read that. I mean, how "Clean" can we all be if we have yeast over growth!

If you have read the other sites about Yeast Candida...The "Diet Protocol" is All over the board. Each site is different. Some still let you have seeds, nuts, dairy and grains. Who do you believe?

The only reason some people in this thread have gone no dairy and nuts is because there seems to be a link on LCF with those very things causing some people problems....And people were trying to find out, on their own, if there was truth to it, with their own diet treating Candida.

That's all.

It's a "choice", it's not something you have to do. Now, Fruit, and Flour? I think that's a no brainer.

We have to "glean" what works for us and what is liveable for us. If we try and do something that is not "Liveable"...Well, we give up, don't we!?!? So, maybe it's a "better Choice" that you DO have your "half and Half".

Get my point?
Old 10-01-2008, 07:33 AM   #794
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SLynnB
hey, I'm with you Kristin4. I have not totally eliminated dairy but have definitely cut way back on it. Got to take these things in small steps or I won't stay with it.

What is the dosage of your GSE? Wondering if my combo has enough.

Interesting thing this morning, tummy still bothering me, but felt better after drinking my concoction. This morning it is mixed with a grape drink. I really do sweeten it more until it has just a little twang to it. Hope those sites that say xylitol help kill the yeast are correct, cause I'm using a lot of it.

Also, my take on the diet is the same as Tooters and one site I read thru even said that everyone would have to find what worked for them. the one thing they all have in common is the no sugar, no starches, no fruits, no vinegar.

Question for you all, as I enjoy my pickles (sweet or dill) and had just stocked up on dills (from which I make sweet and sweet relish). If I soak the pickles in the ACV, will they then be okay to eat? Hoping the ACV counteracts the regular vinegar.

Sheryl
Old 10-01-2008, 07:39 AM   #795
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post

TIA.
Hi Tooter!

I'm not Kristin, but I take GSE liquid twice a day for Candida. I use 10 drops in the morning in 4 oz of water and the same in the evening. I follow it up with more water as the taste is VERY bitter.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:44 AM   #796
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlynn9 View Post
the one thing they all have in common is the no sugar, no starches, no fruits, no vinegar.
EXACTLY!
I'm starting afresh (again) today, hopefully with a new outlook and my utter dependence upon G-d's power to get me through. My cravings for cheese and carbs have been through the roof, and sadly in the past few weeks, I do well during the day, but cave in the evenings. And my hunger is enormous!

I think I'm overwhelming myself and if I stick with the basics and depend upon G-d, I think hope, pray, I can get back on the right track.

I have read in some places that almonds are fine as long as they are soaked or sprouted and so I feel fine about using my almond milk for my egg creams.

However, I KNOW KNOW KNOW that I cannot handle cheese and that is what I crave (along with carbs), so no dairy for me right now.

Quote:
Question for you all, as I enjoy my pickles (sweet or dill) and had just stocked up on dills (from which I make sweet and sweet relish). If I soak the pickles in the ACV, will they then be okay to eat? Hoping the ACV counteracts the regular vinegar.
Sheryl, just my opinion, but I wouldn't. I would just wait a while and let the die-off happen and then re-think it.

Last edited by RealFoodLiving; 10-01-2008 at 08:00 AM.. Reason: Fixed spelling and typos.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:51 AM   #797

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
EXACTLY!
I'm starting afresh (again) today, hopefully with a new outlook and my utter dependance upon G-d's power to get me through. My cravings for cheese and carbs have been through the roof, and sadly in the past few weeks, I do well during the day, but cave in the evenings.

I think I'm overwhelming myself and if I stick with the basics and depend upon G-d, I think hope, pray, I can get get on the right track.

I have read in some places that almonds are fine as long as they are soaked or sprouted and so I feel fine about using my almond milk for my egg creams.

However, I KNOW KNOW KNOW that I cannot handle cheese and that is what I crave (along with carbs), so no dairy for me right now.

Sheryl, just my opinion, but I wouldn't. I would just wait a while and let the die-off happen and then re-think it.
Mountaingirl...Very WISE post on all counts.

You have taken what you have learned and how it applies to you and your reactions. You are ahead of the Game, my friend!
Old 10-01-2008, 08:02 AM   #798
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Tooter!

You are always so encouraging!! Thank you.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:04 AM   #799
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rottinluv
Stats: 141/110/110 Height 5' nothing!
WOE: Low Carb / Whole, Natural Foods!
Start Date: October 24, 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
Hi Tooter!

I'm not Kristin, but I take GSE liquid twice a day for Candida. I use 10 drops in the morning in 4 oz of water and the same in the evening. I follow it up with more water as the taste is VERY bitter.

Hey MG! Thanks for the dosage info on the GSE. I've had some in my cupboard for awhile. I use it to clean my bird's water dish. It sounds pretty nasty tasting, but I'll give it a try. I've already changed my diet, and increased the CO, so this is probably a good next step.

Why am I so wimpy about trying new things?! I think it's the ick factor!

I'll let you all know how it goes.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:15 AM   #800
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rottinluv
Stats: 141/110/110 Height 5' nothing!
WOE: Low Carb / Whole, Natural Foods!
Start Date: October 24, 2007
OMG, that was nasty! I only used 5 drops to about 6 oz. of water, and I about lost it afterward. Luckily plain water takes the bitterness away quickly. I don't know if I can make myself do this twice a day... I'm such a wimp!!
Old 10-01-2008, 09:28 AM   #801
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottinluv View Post
OMG, that was nasty! I only used 5 drops to about 6 oz. of water, and I about lost it afterward. Luckily plain water takes the bitterness away quickly. I don't know if I can make myself do this twice a day... I'm such a wimp!!
LOL! I am a wimp too, that is why I got the tablets. They aren't expensive either.
Maybe you could add it to something flavored?
Old 10-01-2008, 09:53 AM   #802

Gallery: Ilpirata
Quote:
Diet should be first
Building the immune system is next.
Taking Antifungals is next
Probiotics is the next step.
Okay, so I've been on clean Atkins for a year.
NO Cheese and NO nuts for about two weeks
6 TBS Co and 6TBS of ACV daily for a week and a half.
I'm ready to add in the Antifungals...
SO My question is - what are the Antifungals?

I think oil of oregano but whats the other ones?

Thanks!
Old 10-01-2008, 09:57 AM   #803

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilpirata View Post
Okay, so I've been on clean Atkins for a year.
NO Cheese and NO nuts for about two weeks
6 TBS Co and 6TBS of ACV daily for a week and a half.
I'm ready to add in the Antifungals...
SO My question is - what are the Antifungals?

I think oil of oregano but whats the other ones?

Thanks!
grapefruit seed extract, pau d'arco or you can get a number of yeast cleanse products
Old 10-01-2008, 10:05 AM   #804

Gallery: Ilpirata
Quote:
grapefruit seed extract, pau d'arco or you can get a number of yeast cleanse products
Thanks Lisa! Are people taking the capules or the pure oil? Does it make a difference? I've heard the straight oil of oregano is FOUL.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:54 PM   #805
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: WenB
Stats: 311 (h)/247.8 (i)/241 (c)/20-24% Body Fat (g)
WOE: Lap Band - Atkins Modified for Candida - BMR
Start Date: Induction on 7/22/08; Surgery 12/06
I tried in it's own thread, but it has moved faaaarrrrr down the list

IMHO, they need 3 sub-forums in here - thyroid, diabetes and yeast - but what do I know

At any rate, I have two questions

Fawn, what's your opinion on greek or bulgarian yogurt during this whole thing?

Prozak - your coconut cream replacement doesn't like me - I got a nice crunchy foam of coconut oil mixed with coconut cream What happened? Any ideas?
Old 10-01-2008, 03:12 PM   #806
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: laurakitty
Stats: 158/158/132
WOE: Gluten & Dairy Free
I just have a quick question- what amounts of fats, proteins and carbs is everyone eating? I've been having all of the coconut oil and I'm rather shocked at how much fat it is, and I just wanted a comparison- either percentages or grams. I understand that it will probably be different for everyone, I just want to get an idea.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:25 PM   #807
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: WenB
Stats: 311 (h)/247.8 (i)/241 (c)/20-24% Body Fat (g)
WOE: Lap Band - Atkins Modified for Candida - BMR
Start Date: Induction on 7/22/08; Surgery 12/06
Laura, I'm around 18% protein, 2% carbs; 80% fat - I'd worry but I feel amazing, even with my back, pms, and dieoff. I'm not complaining at all!!
Old 10-01-2008, 04:17 PM   #808
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Margot 65
Making a drive by quick posting:

wenB, you need to melt the CO first and then pour it slooooooooooowly into the cream/eggs while blending at the same time. (Are you using eggs too?) I have never made one without eggs so I do not know how that would work, as the egg helps to emulsify the oil and keep it mixed in as well.

healed.. I have known for a long time I had a candida problem, I tried to deal with it years ago and spent a fortune on 'cures' like threlac and other things. But I was not willing to make the changes in my diet required at that time (dairy being my only vice...) so I ended up giving up.

I got my book today (Diet Cure) finally today! and I am going to go lie down and read some of it. I am going to persevere and get through this no matter what it takes. It is going to be so worth it I know....

Oh, I cut back on the CO yesterday and the tightness in my chest is gone! I do not feel so anxious either, but I am hungrier (which is a good thing for me) and also it is day 2 coffee free! Not the easiest thing, but the mate is a good alternative for now (and a lot less fuss to make)
Old 10-01-2008, 04:53 PM   #809
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Kris T.
Stats: Was 140 now 106 currently
WOE: Over the sink!
Start Date: 2003
Quote:
Oh, I cut back on the CO yesterday and the tightness in my chest is gone!
That's good to hear!

I've been gone from the boards for about a week due to an incredible workload.

I cut the ACV and my headaches stopped. Weird. I've also stopped the CO.. just to see what would happen. So far nothing..bad or good.

I've also added some dairy back in, just some cheese every now and then. Still using coconut milk or cream + Stevia in my coffee with infrequent nuts and moderate carbs. Yes, I have some bread and crackers daily-lol.

Weight is the same, my energy level is good, so I think following Atkins with moderate amounts of daily and a few extra carbs will work for me. I noticed that my hair started falling out when I stopped all dairy, so it was that, or the ACV doing it. I have no idea. I'm a very active exerciser (5+ days), so I feel comfortable with my carb intake at this point in my life

It's hard to tweak myself and I'm trying to make any changes slowly. I'm trying to remain on the KISS way of life, so no special probiotics for me, only Fage daily.

Best of luck on your particular WOEs!

Kris
Old 10-02-2008, 02:41 AM   #810
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Gallery: hummingbird11
Stats: 2008: 175/sz 12-14 >>> 2010: 145/sz 8-10 (5'8")
WOE: BFL (Oct/Nov/Dec)
Start Date: March 2008 (LC) >>> Oct 2010 (BFL)
Quote:
Originally Posted by healed01 View Post
Thanks Prozak..by the way..how did this all start..I was away for a week and I saw that you were happy with the egg cremes and then I came back and saw this thread and that you were not feeling so well..and with all the "zits"you were going back in time through puberty again
LOL! I feel the same way!
I was off the boards for a week and suddenly everyone's gone dairy-free! Has the LCF world gone mad?

Just kidding, of course. I will (at some point) catch-up on the Candida thread (thanks Prozak!) I'm sure there's a TON of great info here; but I don't foresee ME giving up dairy; so I that I do NOT have the dreaded Candida!
Closed Thread