Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Candida and Yeast
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2008, 02:44 PM   #751
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Margot 65
kristin I freeze pumpkin all the time! I freeze it in ice cube trays and then put them in a bag.

the other thread is in the challenges forum, if you posted in it you will find ALL the threads you posted to when you click on 'user control panel' top left.

We really do need a forum..

Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2008, 03:18 PM   #752
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: WenB
Stats: 311 (h)/247.8 (i)/241 (c)/20-24% Body Fat (g)
WOE: Lap Band - Atkins Modified for Candida - BMR
Start Date: Induction on 7/22/08; Surgery 12/06
What would y'all use to sub for heavy cream in an tuna and egg quiche recipe?
Old 09-29-2008, 04:02 PM   #753
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

I saw live yogurt from goat milk the other day at the grocery store. How does that rate in terms of yes or no for candida?
Old 09-29-2008, 04:36 PM   #754
aka fuelmanswife

Gallery: Beth1121
Stats: -20
WOE: VLC
Start Date: August 2010
I have a couple of really GREAT cookbook referrals for those who are fighting candida. They've been out for several years, and I don't know if they are still in print, but I used to do a little recipe testing for the author and still have an old email address for her that might be good still if anyone wants me to contact her about availability. Her name is Sharron Long. Super nice gal. She used to be very active on another LC board that I used to frequent. I'm not sure what she's up to these days, but I can check.

Anyway...she fought a very bad case of the yeasties and her cookbooks are yeast-fighting friendly. The recipes are awesome, easy, and great for basic stuff that some of you probably are missing right now.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:57 PM   #755
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: TinaBina
WOE: L/C
Beth,

I see three cookbooks by her listed on Amazon can you tell me what the names are of the ones you are referring to?
Old 09-29-2008, 05:39 PM   #756
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lazlo0607
Stats: 160
WOE: low carb do to GI
Start Date: july 08
so the egg cream

so does the egg cream count for a meal basically or just a good drink for you. not worried about weght belive me im small enough. just wondering. 6' around 160lbs. i eat like a horse. most people i work with cant believe the amount of food i eat. here is my mornign and lunch to give idea. 2eggs scambled with veggies and meat of some sort, tea with evco 2 tbls

first break- small container of cottage cheese(small ziploc container)
grapes or some fruit, and wrap of sandwich meat and cheese(or tuna salad,or hummus with chicken and peppers, or what ever made night before)

lunch- rest of fruit and contaner of yogurt (pos another wrap if made with just lettuce and meat and cheese)

i have a 12" by 8" by 12" lunch bow and is full when i leave and empty when i come home.
fruit a day 4 to 5
veg 3 to 4
anything i should do dif? would like suggestions of things to add in or take out of diet or limit.

IF YOU DONT KNOW ASK
[/COLOR]
Old 09-29-2008, 06:56 PM   #757
aka fuelmanswife

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaBina View Post
Beth,

I see three cookbooks by her listed on Amazon can you tell me what the names are of the ones you are referring to?
I just looked on Amazon, and the three you saw are all hers. I have them all. Low Carb Cooking at Sharron's Place was the first one and was backed by Stevia Plus way back when most low-carbers had never even heard of it. The 2nd was Extreme Lo-Carb. The third was based on it but was intended for those who are always on the run and need something that could be prepared ahead of time for a quick go-to later on when needed. I believe it was the last one that I did some recipe testing on.

I personally like the 2nd and 3rd ones best....although I think the first one may have a lot more info about how to eat best when trying to eliminate yeast. I have used them both quite a bit over the years. All three are very good for those of us that are trying to eat clean or rid ourselves of the yeastie beasties.

I will warn you that soy protein powder is included too much for my taste in all of the books....but they were written before we really knew how bad soy probably really is for us.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:28 PM   #758
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: TinaBina
WOE: L/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth1121 View Post
I just looked on Amazon, and the three you saw are all hers. I have them all. Low Carb Cooking at Sharron's Place was the first one and was backed by Stevia Plus way back when most low-carbers had never even heard of it. The 2nd was Extreme Lo-Carb. The third was based on it but was intended for those who are always on the run and need something that could be prepared ahead of time for a quick go-to later on when needed. I believe it was the last one that I did some recipe testing on.

I personally like the 2nd and 3rd ones best....although I think the first one may have a lot more info about how to eat best when trying to eliminate yeast. I have used them both quite a bit over the years. All three are very good for those of us that are trying to eat clean or rid ourselves of the yeastie beasties.

I will warn you that soy protein powder is included too much for my taste in all of the books....but they were written before we really knew how bad soy probably really is for us.
Funny, I just checked my cabinet and I have Extreme Low Carb Meals, I forgot I had it. I'm going to peruse through it later. Soy is a big no no for me though because of thyroid.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:42 PM   #759
aka fuelmanswife

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaBina View Post
Funny, I just checked my cabinet and I have Extreme Low Carb Meals, I forgot I had it. I'm going to peruse through it later. Soy is a big no no for me though because of thyroid.
I'm the same on the soy due to thyroid. I think that when I did the testing for her a couple that I did had soy listed, and I subbed whey and reported it back to her. I think she may have included it in some of the notes. I'm not home, so I cannot check my books. I'll do my best to check tomorrow when I get back.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:38 AM   #760
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazlo0607 View Post
so does the egg cream count for a meal basically or just a good drink for you. not worried about weght belive me im small enough. just wondering. 6' around 160lbs. i eat like a horse. most people i work with cant believe the amount of food i eat. here is my mornign and lunch to give idea. 2eggs scambled with veggies and meat of some sort, tea with evco 2 tbls

first break- small container of cottage cheese(small ziploc container)
grapes or some fruit, and wrap of sandwich meat and cheese(or tuna salad,or hummus with chicken and peppers, or what ever made night before)

lunch- rest of fruit and contaner of yogurt (pos another wrap if made with just lettuce and meat and cheese)

i have a 12" by 8" by 12" lunch bow and is full when i leave and empty when i come home.
fruit a day 4 to 5
veg 3 to 4
anything i should do dif? would like suggestions of things to add in or take out of diet or limit.
Lazlo, I hate to say this...But you are feeding the yeast. You had told me that you were starting to have cravings and seeing what you are eating explains why. Grapes are not low carb and I also believe you had said (in a PM) that you had pineapple. That with all the dairy you are eating is feeding the yeast and that's why you are having cravings.

Even if you weren't doing low carb for health reasons, that's too much fruit (and the wrong kind).

For years I did strict low carb and had no symptoms. That kept the yeast "in check" as long as I didn't eat anything higer in carbs. That would then send me into a tailspin. Cravings, bloat etc....

I wasn't feeding the yeast, but I wasn't at a balance either. The yeast were just In there, hiding...Waiting for me to slip up with my choices or take advantage of me.

I didn't have the Yeast under control at all.

That's what this thread is talking about. Getting a real healing from the yeast or "balance" back. You can't do it by diet alone, and it takes "Time".

The stages are:

Diet (Don't feed the yeast)
Antifungals (To kill yeast)
Probiotics to build the "Good guys" back up to get the balance back
Build your immunity back up

That's the only way that you fix the Yeast problem.

Right now, you have slowly been adding Sugar back in the form of all the dairy and the fruit....The yeast are growing again and getting a deeper hold. That's why you have cravings and soon some other symptoms will show up.

Please go through this site, that I am going to post. You need to get a better understanding of what you are up against.

You need to deal with the yeast and get your immunity built up.

How to Successfully Overcome Candida

She explains the foods you should and shouldn't be eating. She walks you through how to SLOWLY make these changes and add in supplements and antifungals....Finally, to add in probiotics.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:18 AM   #761
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: WildflowerMama
Stats: 185.5/143.2/revised to 140
Start Date: Nov 2006
I have a question about not mixing probiotics and anti-fungals. My understanding is that probiotics are good bacteria and Oil of Oregano is an anti-fungal, so why can't they be taken together? If one works to kill the yeast (fungus) and one works to build up good bacteria to aid in recolonizing your gut - I would think they could be taken together. Oil of Oregano isn't an antibiotic so it's not going to kill bacteria (at least that's my understanding) so I would think O of O and probiotics would work well together.

Last edited by WildflowerMama; 09-30-2008 at 08:21 AM..
Old 09-30-2008, 08:22 AM   #762
Major LCF Poster!

Also, I would greatly appreciate any thoughts on food that can travel. We're going to California next week. We'll have a small cooler to take into Disneyland so I can pack some snacks and we'll have a fridge at the cottage we're renting. But, the food needs to be simple and portable. Any suggestions would be so very appreciated.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:29 AM   #763
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

From what I'm reading, I need to stick around and not go beyond the CO for a while as I keep upping the dose (1.5T yesterday) until I get to 6T a day. And I'm slowly eliminating the dairy.

I'm done with the heavy cream - finished up my reserve this morning. That just leaves the cheeses which I'm snacking on now to finish up - probably next week some time.

I find the coconut milk in the morning shake to be much more filling than the cream. Didn't expect that turn of events.

I didn't see anything about the ACV, but I'm working on 3T a day of that. Do I need more?

And, when should I start the peu d'arco tea? It looked like I could add that in with the change in diet.

Any comments?

Weight Loss Goals for 2009
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]246 245 244 243 242 241 [/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkRed"]240[/COLOR] 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195
Old 09-30-2008, 08:47 AM   #764
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

pau d'arco can be started anytime wenB

antifungals should be avoided until most of the overgrowth is taken care of to alleviate die off symptoms..

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/he...ida-forum.html

Old 09-30-2008, 08:58 AM   #765
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Prozak, I posted on your thread. I'm wondering if it would be better placed on the to "the webmaster forum"?
Old 09-30-2008, 09:05 AM   #766
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oh we have one of those?

I rarely venture beyond the candida threads and the main lobby

:blush:

I will report this thread and ask a mod too move it... thanks
Old 09-30-2008, 09:31 AM   #767
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

I looked at her calculations for protein, fat and carbs, and according to her, I should only eat 65 g of protein, but 52 g of carbs - my body would go NUTSO on that many carbs and I'd blow up like a baloon.

I think I'm going to work with most of her advice, but stick with what I've found works for the protein and carbs
Old 09-30-2008, 09:40 AM   #768
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kristin4
Stats: 260.8 /233/ 150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 8/9/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildflowerMama View Post
Also, I would greatly appreciate any thoughts on food that can travel. We're going to California next week. We'll have a small cooler to take into Disneyland so I can pack some snacks and we'll have a fridge at the cottage we're renting. But, the food needs to be simple and portable. Any suggestions would be so very appreciated.
I don't know what the weather is like in Cali, but I went to Orlando. I just made regular things like I would eat at home and put it in little Tupperware. Just make sure you have an icepack in the cooler and you should be alright. (I would NOT take anything with raw eggs in it ) In DW (Disney World) they sell really good smoked turkey legs, baked chicken meals, Hamburgers, hot dogs, sausage, and nice salads too. We had a dining plan, so I do not know the cost of the food, but you got huge portion. The baked chicken was a HALF a chicken!! You could split it with whoever you are going with to save money.

One definite thing in the cooler should be water. Their water is very expensive. Also if at anytime you are really thirsty and run out of water, you can tell any booth (quick foods or small restaurants) that sells food and soda (not the little side cart things) that you want water and they will give it to you for free. It is tap water, but it is better than nothing, or even better than spending $$$ lots for bottled water.

I hope you have fun... I love Disney!

260 259 258 257 256 255 254 253 252 251 250 249 248 247 246 245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234
[COLOR="Red"]233[/COLOR] 232 231 230

Last edited by kristin4; 09-30-2008 at 09:42 AM..
Old 09-30-2008, 09:41 AM   #769
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

No worries, I just saw it this morning

How is the cave-monster?
Old 09-30-2008, 10:08 AM   #770
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WenB View Post

No worries, I just saw it this morning

How is the cave-monster?
the cave-monster is awesome thanks!!

she had her vaccines yesterday (3 of them) and did not have ONE CRANKY MOMENT ALL DAY LONG (unlike my other kids when they had theirs..) I swear it is the CO and her awesome immune system
Old 09-30-2008, 10:32 AM   #771

Gallery: Ilpirata
Okay well,
I'll just post another update here that I saw again the alltime low low end of my bounce range this morning 207.5... so something might be happening here. I have had no other symptoms of die off except... get this - a heinous like giant eruption on my freaking chin. WTH. I normally have perfect skin so I'm sort of optimistic this is another sign that something is happening. Definately giving the ACV, CO and Nut Free Cheese Free diet another two weeks minimum.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:38 AM   #772
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

EVERYONE!

We have been given permission to use the 'Health Forum' to post new threads. If there is a lot of them, we may be considered for our own forum. (no spamming though... LOL)

I started a new thread about die off symptoms in there, check it out and feel free to post! you might get a better response if the post is not buried in a monster thread.

Ilpirata.. yeah, I had the ginormous eruption on my chin too, in fact i had 5 of them. Considering I have had maybe a total of 100 zits in my LIFE it was outstanding.

My skin is great now..

use CO on it OFTEN
Old 09-30-2008, 12:24 PM   #773

Quote:
I have a question about not mixing probiotics and anti-fungals. My understanding is that probiotics are good bacteria and Oil of Oregano is an anti-fungal, so why can't they be taken together? If one works to kill the yeast (fungus) and one works to build up good bacteria to aid in recolonizing your gut - I would think they could be taken together. Oil of Oregano isn't an antibiotic so it's not going to kill bacteria (at least that's my understanding) so I would think O of O and probiotics would work well together.
It seems that all the sites have different advice on that.

They do say that Oil of Oregano is a "Natural" antibiotic. We know that Man made antibiotics also Kill the good bacteria (probiotics) in our gut. That's actually how this whole thing started for me, years ago.

I'm sure some antifungals are fine with probiotics and some aren't. Which are which? They don't even seem to know or...They can't seem to agree on it.

This is just another one of those things that we have to find out on our own.
There's a bunch of that with this yeast thing.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:30 PM   #774

Quote:
Originally Posted by WenB View Post
I looked at her calculations for protein, fat and carbs, and according to her, I should only eat 65 g of protein, but 52 g of carbs - my body would go NUTSO on that many carbs and I'd blow up like a baloon.

I think I'm going to work with most of her advice, but stick with what I've found works for the protein and carbs
Yep...We have to find out what works for us and what doesn't. We are all different.

It's like some people can eat Yogurt and some can't.

I thought I was one who could eat the yogurt, but didn't realize it was a problem until I stopped eating it. It was like a big cosmic Joke to me. I finally found Fage yogurt, and then decided to do the anti-yeast/Candida thing.

Remember me saying (When most of us decided to go NO DAIRY and No Nuts) I can still have my yogurt, right? That was a sign to me that I needed to give it up. These yeast things make us "want" and "Crave" what they want to eat.

I do best with High fat, Protein and low carb veggies. I feel my best at that and that's what I am sticking with.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:33 PM   #775
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Until the medical establishment admits that antibiotics aren't the most wonderful thing in the world, and that natural remedies work, it's going to be a long tough road.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:34 PM   #776
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post

Remember me saying (When most of us decided to go NO DAIRY and No Nuts) I can still have my yogurt, right? That was a sign to me that I needed to give it up. These yeast things make us "want" and "Crave" what they want to eat.

I do best with High fat, Protein and low carb veggies. I feel my best at that and that's what I am sticking with.
I could not agree more... but like we always stress

[COLOR="Red"]Your Mileage May Vary[/COLOR]

I just want to be the best I can be, and at 43 (and a half) with 2 young children and a baby, it is BEYOND critical.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:41 PM   #777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prozak View Post
I could not agree more... but like we always stress

[COLOR="Red"]Your Mileage May Vary[/COLOR]

I just want to be the best I can be, and at 43 (and a half) with 2 young children and a baby, it is BEYOND critical.
AMEN!!

I turned a HUGE corner, everyone!

The last few days, I was in the most intense pain from that abscess.

Pain is GONE and I am on the mend!!!

I'm a little tired and sore...but that is no big deal. I feel like Jumping on the rooftop and singing James Brown's..."I FEEL GOOD"!!!!!!

I'm really hitting the Oil of Oregano, not only for the antifungal aspect, but for it's antibiotic qualities too.

Things turned around for me at about 3:00 Am!!

To say I am "thankful" is an understatement.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:17 PM   #778
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SLynnB
Good to hear that, Tooter.

The past 2 days have not been so great for me, a lot of tummy discomfort, constipation (which is not normal for me on low carb). Just wish I could take 2 weeks and hybernate from society and really attack the yeast. figure that since the tummy problems started with the addition of the Yeast Cleanse, that I'm dealing with some die off.

Good news was that I lost another 1.5 lbs this past week.

As for the eating issue, it is individual and some of us have other issues also. I'm a type 2 diabetic and even some of the vegetables allowed on the anti-yeast diets cause my blood sugar to go up.

Back to my question about Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth. Anyone know anything about it. From what I've read it could be beneficial.

Sheryl
Old 09-30-2008, 05:31 PM   #779
Major LCF Poster!

Yay! Tooter! That's great news!

My weight was exactly the same this morning which is actually a great thing. I go up and down, up and down - every day is a new weight - I could be up a few pounds or down a few ounces. So, staying steady is great.

But, I'm hungry. I'm not really having any cravings but, I find that my food choices are limited so I'm struggling a bit. Generally I would snack on some cheese or something with cream cheese or dairy etc... but, deviled eggs are out (mayo), cheese is out, sausages are out (trace amounts of sugar), celery with peanut butter is out, nuts are out...... What do you all snack on?

Losing weight is hard, but being fat is harder. Choose your hard.

Don't sit if you can stand. Don't stand if you can walk. Don't walk if you can run. Get Moving!
Old 09-30-2008, 06:09 PM   #780
aka fuelmanswife

Quote:
deviled eggs are out (mayo)
Make your own mayo (it's soooo easy to make), and you can still have your deviled eggs!
Closed Thread