Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2008, 05:40 PM   #691
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Su11
Stats: Total loss- 65 (since Sept 05)
WOE: General lower carb- fructose limited
Wen, I'm really impressed with your picture. That says it all!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2008, 05:49 PM   #692
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: NutinHonie
Stats: 209/173/145
Start Date: 10/1/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by fawn View Post
Maybe you will like my new recipe

3 eggs
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup pumpkin
10 drops of stevia
sprinkle of cinnamon

Now I know what I'm having for breakfast!
Old 09-27-2008, 05:52 PM   #693
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: TinaBina
WOE: L/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prozak View Post
More and more I am beginning to think that the 'induction flu' is really yeast die off.

It just all explains SO MUCH.
I was thinking the same thing Prozak!

MountainGirl, thanks for the links, very helpful!

I'm feeling terrible today, I thought I was getting better, but today is terrible. Everything hurts. The pain is back in my lower left side, the same pain I had with diverticulitis. I've scaled back, no CO and no ACV for a couple of days. Just clean eating and lots of rest. I'm getting kind of scared.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:18 PM   #694
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: NutinHonie
Stats: 209/173/145
Start Date: 10/1/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
YIkes, I am quickly posting, because the last post was 666!!!
that's strange...your last post on my screen was 667 and prozak's was 666.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:29 PM   #695
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BusyBeeMommy
Stats: 231/225/200 Goal Size: 12/13 Current Size: 20
WOE: Phase 2 Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/2013
I'm so totally bummed right now.

We went grocery shopping tonight and we're really tight for money right now. In the clearance stuff at my local Winn-Dixie they had 4 bottles of organic unpasturized ACV with the mother! $2.24 a bottle I'm so sad we can't afford it now.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:38 PM   #696
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Awwwww Sarah,

I'm so sorry.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:00 PM   #697
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rottinluv
Stats: 141/110/110 Height 5' nothing!
WOE: Low Carb / Whole, Natural Foods!
Start Date: October 24, 2007
I have one question about the coconut milk. Does is have any of the health benefits of CO, or do we need to use both? I'm up to 3-4 T of CO, and just starting the milk.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:06 PM   #698
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: duece49424
Stats: 230 start 3/16/10..lifetime goal 150
WOE: low carb/healthylifestyle - struggling with binges
Prozak - I also, believe you are right about the die off and induction flu...makes sense..
Old 09-27-2008, 09:04 PM   #699

Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
More and more I am beginning to think that the 'induction flu' is really yeast die off.

It just all explains SO MUCH.
ITA!!
Old 09-27-2008, 09:09 PM   #700
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Prozak!

Just wondering, what can we sub for cream cheese in your Floopsies since we're going dairy-free? Any ideas?
Old 09-27-2008, 09:21 PM   #701

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottinluv View Post
I have one question about the coconut milk. Does is have any of the health benefits of CO, or do we need to use both? I'm up to 3-4 T of CO, and just starting the milk.

I think it has "some" of the benefits, but not all of them. It's more concentrated in the coconut oil.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:24 PM   #702

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
I was thinking, what things are y'all eating?
I'm kinda at a loss since I don't eat much meat (I eat a lot of cheese) on what to make.

I could make a Crustless Quiche (eggs and veggies only) tomorrow.

What other ideas do y'all have?
I mainly eat protein (Eggs, chicken, salmon, sardines, beef etc..) and salads with olive oil and ACV.

It's going to take you a little bit, to adjust to the No dairy and giving up your cheese. That in it's self might just cause some die off.

It gets better. I don't even crave cheese, nuts or anything sweet at this point.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:27 PM   #703
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lazlo0607
Stats: 160
WOE: low carb do to GI
Start Date: july 08
so cheese

so what is oging on with eating cheese. i though white sheeses were good and stuff like colby and sharp were okay. or is this something you guys are trying for your conditions at this time?
Old 09-27-2008, 10:47 PM   #704
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SLynnB
Went to the vitamin store today. Got my B6 to go with the L-glutamine, also got some black walnut capsules as they were mentioned on one anti-candida site, instead of getting just grapefruit seed extract, got and anti-candida formula by Soloray which contains grapefruit seed extract, paco d'arca (probably spelled that wrong), and cayenne, and tea tree oil. Took six tonight (recommends 6 per day, can be split into 3 per time). Definitely contains tea tree oil as that odor is very distinguishable. Will see what tomorrow brings.

Sheryl
Old 09-28-2008, 02:56 AM   #705
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SLynnB
Too late to edit my post, so here are my corrections. The name of the product I bought was Yeast Cleanse and it does not contain cayenne but caprylic acid.

So here it is almost 3 AM and I'm wide awake (not a great time to have the energy surge, as really need sleep to function later today and can't do a lot cause I have to keep the noise level down. Tried going to bed and everytime I was almost asleep, an itch somewhere on my body and then a mother nature call. So, have done some cleaning in the kitchen and have my chicken boiling (buzzer just went off). Thought maybe spending some time on the computer would help me relax enough to go to sleep.

Anybody have and knowledge of or information about these products: Threlac and CandiCleanse? Both expensive both claim to cure not just get under control.

Sheryl
Old 09-28-2008, 04:21 AM   #706

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlynn9 View Post
Too late to edit my post, so here are my corrections. The name of the product I bought was Yeast Cleanse and it does not contain cayenne but caprylic acid.

So here it is almost 3 AM and I'm wide awake (not a great time to have the energy surge, as really need sleep to function later today and can't do a lot cause I have to keep the noise level down. Tried going to bed and everytime I was almost asleep, an itch somewhere on my body and then a mother nature call. So, have done some cleaning in the kitchen and have my chicken boiling (buzzer just went off). Thought maybe spending some time on the computer would help me relax enough to go to sleep.

Anybody have and knowledge of or information about these products: Threlac and CandiCleanse? Both expensive both claim to cure not just get under control.

Sheryl
I was at the natural foods store yesterday too. I saw the candida products and wondered, but stuck to the tea Pau d something (a bark) and charchoal capsules as mentioned earlier. Plus they had a sell on CO, which was getting low in the cupboard.

I'm really glad I didn't opt for the Candi-products as I would have been up with you last night. I hope you got some sleep.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:51 AM   #707
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Smalltowngurl
I'm in desperate need of eradicating this yeast as my memory problems are negatively affecting my job and my life. So that is why I'm trying to attack the yeast on all fronts at once. I was able to get in the sauna yesterday for 15 minutes at a time for a total of 1 hour and this morning the bloat is almost gone!!! And I have some energy back so I'm going to keep on with the Probiotics, ACV, diet, and homeopathic suppositories. Is there anything else I could be doing? I haven't figured out (I've skimmed the posts here "memory issues" LOL) the role of Coconut Oil or where to get it in my small town. Hubby could get it when he goes to the local city everyday at a health food store, but I have to sell him on it first. I have Extra Virgin Olive Oil - does it kill the yeast too?

I am trying to plan my meals for next week back to work. So far I've hard boiled eggs, I can grill some turkey burgers for lunches and also have cans of tuna when I get tired of turkey. I don't want to have to buy much extra as this has been the week for birthdays and special events. I was drinking Slim Fasts last week and then read the label - 18gms of sugar so they are out. Any other suggestions would be great .

Edited to Add: Will killing off the yeast solve my memory problems or has the damage pretty much been done?

I need help....... Thanks

Last edited by Smalltowngurl; 09-28-2008 at 05:55 AM..
Old 09-28-2008, 06:05 AM   #708
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kristin4
Stats: 260.8 /233/ 150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 8/9/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalltowngurl View Post

Edited to Add: Will killing off the yeast solve my memory problems or has the damage pretty much been done?

I need help....... Thanks
Gosh, I would like to know the answer to this too. I feel like words are missing and I will never get them back. I am calling my children by different names now. Where the names came from, I don't know. I get mad when they don't answer me. I forget everything now. 3 years ago, I could read something one time and it would stay with me forever. I had a 4.0 average in college and barely studied. I could remember everything. Now, I do not know what I did the day before or what I just read .
This is really hard for me too. I lost my body due to my autoimmune system, but I always had my mind. Now I have neither.

260 259 258 257 256 255 254 253 252 251 250 249 248 247 246 245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234
[COLOR="Red"]233[/COLOR] 232 231 230
Old 09-28-2008, 06:12 AM   #709
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey y'all!

Good news!! IF your fuzzy short-term memory loss is caused by Candida overgrowth, yes, it is reversible with treatment and diet.

Bad news caveat:
IF your fuzzy short-term memory loss is caused by other factors, such as aging or in my case, a recognized contributing factor called "Chemo-Brain", or you have Fibromyalgia or CFIDS, or untreated hypothroidism or some other issues, then no, it may NOT be reversible with anti-Candida treatment.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:12 AM   #710

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin4 View Post
Gosh, I would like to know the answer to this too. I feel like words are missing and I will never get them back. I am calling my children by different names now. Where the names came from, I don't know. I get mad when they don't answer me. I forget everything now. 3 years ago, I could read something one time and it would stay with me forever. I had a 4.0 average in college and barely studied. I could remember everything. Now, I do not know what I did the day before or what I just read .
This is really hard for me too. I lost my body due to my autoimmune system, but I always had my mind. Now I have neither.
I have so much hope that I'll get this back.

I feel so hopeless when I stand in a store and try to remember the flash of 'oh, I need to go get ____' and then just as suddenly forget it.

I spent about an hour in the natural food store yesterday in that kind of fog, even with a written list. I had to think right now to remember what it was... arnica gel for a bruise!!!

Anyway.... I'm hoping this isn't permanent. I spent a lot of the past year not realizing I was severely anemic, and this sort of damage can be lasting.

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." (Mae West)
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." (Theodor Seuss Geisel, a.k.a. Dr. Seuss)
Old 09-28-2008, 08:08 AM   #711
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Smalltowngurl
I have another weird question - the apple cidar vinegar doesn't harm the helpful bacteria I'm taking does it?
Old 09-28-2008, 08:19 AM   #712
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: WenB
Stats: 311 (h)/247.8 (i)/241 (c)/20-24% Body Fat (g)
WOE: Lap Band - Atkins Modified for Candida - BMR
Start Date: Induction on 7/22/08; Surgery 12/06
Okay, this is WIERD!!!

Last night, I woke up thirsty so I took 2 T of ACV and mixed it into a 700 ml bottle of water with some crystal light blueberry white tea.

My ears have itched for literally years and years. I've given myself very serious ear infections by scratching them until they bled. And the wax reeked.

They still itch, in fact, I must be suffering dye-off today because I woke up clawing at my skin this morning. However, the ear wax now smells like vinegar.

Any ideas?
Old 09-28-2008, 08:23 AM   #713
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: WildflowerMama
Stats: 185.5/143.2/revised to 140
Start Date: Nov 2006
Well, I have to give a great big huge THANKS to Prozak! She gave me a recipe for a cream substitute and I used it in cold coffee last night and hot coffee this morning and it's great! I'm a huge cream with coffee lover. I adore it. This isn't quite as creamy as real cream but if you're trying to get off dairy, this is a great substitute. What I did was:
1 can coconut milk
6 egg yolks (I only do the yolks because whites gross me out - you could do whole eggs)
1/4 cup coconut oil
I whizzed the whole thing in the magic bullet. I refrigerated it overnight and it held together and is super rich and thick. It works wonderfully! my deepest thanks to Prozak!!!

Also, we're driving to Disneyland in a week. We'll be staying at a place with a fridge and microwave so I can bring my own food. Cooking will be a challenge.

Does anyone have suggestions for foods I can bring to eat on the road?

Losing weight is hard, but being fat is harder. Choose your hard.

Don't sit if you can stand. Don't stand if you can walk. Don't walk if you can run. Get Moving!
Old 09-28-2008, 09:58 AM   #714
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Margot 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
Hey Prozak!

Just wondering, what can we sub for cream cheese in your Floopsies since we're going dairy-free? Any ideas?
MG I am afraid it is no oopsies or floopsies for me until I get this under control.

I am sticking with eggs, coconut milk, EVCO and meat and a few low glycemic veggies (cabbage with onions and garlic is not only anti-yeast, but it is CHEAP!!!) & sauerkraut too.

The first few days was h*ll, I had cravings I have not had for eons. I had to leave an open house at my kids' school for fear I would tackle the next kid who walked by with a white bun or a juice box.. (they were serving free hotdogs and juice). I went home and wanted nothing more than a bottle (not a glass...) of wine and a loaf of bread... I pretty much had to lock up the ketchup and mustard too, how weird is that!!

It took 2 days to get over that, and all I had done was add ACV and removed the dairy.

Now that I have stepped up my protocol (added some pau d'arco, more EVCO and ACV and garlic tablets, I am appearing to get over the worst of those symptoms and am going to give OoO another go today

I feel pretty good today!
Old 09-28-2008, 10:26 AM   #715
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Pelvic Symphysis Dysfunction (PSD)

It feels like your pelvic bone is literally broken in the front.. the first sign of that is not being able to lift up one leg at a time.

I had it with #2, but not until the last 2 months.. #3 it started at week 17. I could not get dressed without pain, roll over nor could I get in and out of hubby's truck. Climbing stairs was near impossible.

Hormone related, and super fast (meaning MINUTES.. 2-3 pushes) delivery of all 3 babies can make it worse for each successive pregnancy.
WOW! My last pregnancy was 12 years ago, and I experienced these symptoms severely. My Dr. just said that it sometimes happens. I was in so much pain with my last one, that I swore off ever getting pregnant again! I never knew it actually had a name.

Well, I could not believe it when I read this post, because MY symptoms came back yesterday. Granted they weren't as bad as before, but definitely there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
I think it has "some" of the benefits, but not all of them. It's more concentrated in the coconut oil.
Thanks Tooter! I'll continue with the CO and use the milk as a liquid in drinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlynn9 View Post
Went to the vitamin store today. Got my B6 to go with the L-glutamine...
Sheryl
Is the B6 necessary to take with the L-glutamine? I take Nutritional Yeast and was hoping that covered my B's.

Original stats 142/112/115 from 4/01 to 11/03. Lost it in about 6 months, and maintained for over two years.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:30 AM   #716
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildflowerMama View Post
Well, I have to give a great big huge THANKS to Prozak! She gave me a recipe for a cream substitute and I used it in cold coffee last night and hot coffee this morning and it's great! I'm a huge cream with coffee lover. I adore it. This isn't quite as creamy as real cream but if you're trying to get off dairy, this is a great substitute. What I did was:
1 can coconut milk
6 egg yolks (I only do the yolks because whites gross me out - you could do whole eggs)
1/4 cup coconut oil
I whizzed the whole thing in the magic bullet. I refrigerated it overnight and it held together and is super rich and thick. It works wonderfully! my deepest thanks to Prozak!!!
This sounds like just what I need to get off the cream! I'm only using 1 T. a day, but still. So do you just mix it all up and store it in the fridge and use it as needed? How much would you add to coffee or tea? Also, would you use 3 whole eggs? Thanks!!
Old 09-28-2008, 10:51 AM   #717
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
WOW!!!! When I had my last baby 15 years ago. I had such bad pelvic pain I could not walk without a cane , could not lift the baby was in intense pain. The doctor told me I probably fractured my pelvic bone pushing him out. Prozak you think I had what you were talking about?
Old 09-28-2008, 10:52 AM   #718
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
This sounds like just what I need to get off the cream! I'm only using 1 T. a day, but still. So do you just mix it all up and store it in the fridge and use it as needed? How much would you add to coffee or tea? Also, would you use 3 whole eggs? Thanks!!
What a brilliant idea!! I am going to whip up a batch because doing this every morning PLUS cooking bacon and eggs for my kids makes such a mess and takes to much effort LOL.

I use 2 whole eggs in my one XXL cup of coffee (it is morelike 1/2 coffee and 1/2 egg and cream mixture LOL) so I can make up 1/2 can with 6 eggs and that should last me 3 days.

Rottin, I use whole eggs... she doesn't like the idea of the egg whites so she only uses the yolk. It is the egg that makes the oil blend so nicely without floating on top of your coffee!
Old 09-28-2008, 10:54 AM   #719
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: WildflowerMama
Stats: 185.5/143.2/revised to 140
Start Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
I just mixed it and am storing it in my fridge. It has stayed incorporated perfectly. It's super thick - you have to scoop it out with a spoon. I have a super big cup of coffee in the morning and I used two heaping large spoonfuls. I think Prozak uses 1 egg per 1/4 cup coconut milk.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:58 AM   #720
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrat3 View Post
WOW!!!! When I had my last baby 15 years ago. I had such bad pelvic pain I could not walk without a cane , could not lift the baby was in intense pain. The doctor told me I probably fractured my pelvic bone pushing him out. Prozak you think I had what you were talking about?

that is exactly what I am talking about...

when we are pregnant we produce hormones that 'soften' our cartilage to let our pelvic girth expand to carry and deliver the baby. some of us tend to expand a little more than others and it displaces the bones in the front of our pelvic area (which IS connected with cartilage, there is sort of a split there that spreads with pregnancy). Delivering fast does not help matters, and each successive pregnancy will be worse than the last. (another reason why I am SO DONE!!)

A chiropractor is really one to see when this happens, NOT a Dr, they know nothing about it... I am lucky to have a chiropractor in town who specializes in babies and pregnant women so he is well versed in the problem.

Also, it is important to get an adjustment AFTER delivery, to ensure that the pelvic area is in the right position before it 'heals' again.
Closed Thread