LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2008, 08:40 PM   #661
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by WenB View Post
I eat a low carb/high fat diet.

I also had lapband surgery and since then, I don't do well with solids before about noon. So, I do an egg cream, and I'm full for several hours and then some.

I also struggle to eat to my BMR - the minimal calorie requirement my body has to exist.

Eating high fat low carb, I've seen amazing results physically, even though for the past few weeks my weight has stalled.

I weighed 244 and ate a low calorie, high protein, low fat diet - protein shake for breakfast - 0 g fat in it

I weighed 235 and ate a BMR amout of calories, high fat, low carb diet - including an egg cream for breakfast

Which one looks healther?

You look AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2008, 05:29 AM   #662
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kristin4
Stats: 260.8 /233/ 150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 8/9/08
I feel tired and drained today. Something that I haven't felt for a few days. My feet are also swollen and my big tummy looks even bigger.
The only thing I did different, 3 days ago, I stopped taking the grapefruit seed and started the oregano oil.

Does anyone know if grapefruit seed is a diuretic? After a full day of taking it, my feet shrank. Now after stopping it they are almost the same size they were before.

I am thirstier (is that a word, LOL) while taking the oil of oregano. So, maybe, I am just retaining all the water I have been drinking.

I think I am going to start the grapefruit seed again and see what happens. I know it has only been three days. But, I like to see patterns (I am a math and science person). I am always looking for reasons. Maybe I will just have to experiment on myself and find out which things work best. So here is my hypothesis: Does grapefruit seed along with the other (CO, ACV) cause me feet and belly to get smaller. LOL! I feel like I am in school again.

260 259 258 257 256 255 254 253 252 251 250 249 248 247 246 245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234
[COLOR="Red"]233[/COLOR] 232 231 230
Old 09-27-2008, 06:10 AM   #663
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Smalltowngurl
I have been lurking this board and especially this thread for some time now and just had to register to be able to post here.

I definitely have yeast overgrowth! Nuff said. I have recently cut out sweets and started taking a Probiotic. Last night I downed some apple cider vinegar and chased it down with water.

I then read more and find out that basically my entire diet (not even counting the sweets) has been feeding the yeast all along. Now I'm trying to seriously low carb in order to starve the yeast and keep taking things to kill them.

I feel like crap today and no energy. I just had 2 hard boiled eggs for brekkie and tried to down some tuna minus the mayo yuk. Later I can put some burgers on the grill but other than that I really don't have any foods that I can eat in this house. I'm craving carbs so bad and not just sweets anymore. I feel sick . And why can't I have my coffee???

My memory and concentration have been crapping out on me for at least a year now and I'm not even 40 yet. I have had recurring yeast infections for years. I low carbed seriously over a year ago and lost down to my desired weight so started eating what I wanted again, luckily I was able to keep my weight where I wanted it. I did notice while low carbing that I stopped having yeast infection syptoms and didn't have to take "the stuff".

Help! I feel crappy and no energy and need to get lots of work done today around the house. I think I'll take a nap otherwise I'm going to dive into a loaf of bread. I could get on the treadmill later.......
Old 09-27-2008, 06:45 AM   #664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalltowngurl View Post
I have been lurking this board and especially this thread for some time now and just had to register to be able to post here.

I definitely have yeast overgrowth! Nuff said. I have recently cut out sweets and started taking a Probiotic. Last night I downed some apple cider vinegar and chased it down with water.

I then read more and find out that basically my entire diet (not even counting the sweets) has been feeding the yeast all along. Now I'm trying to seriously low carb in order to starve the yeast and keep taking things to kill them.

I feel like crap today and no energy. I just had 2 hard boiled eggs for brekkie and tried to down some tuna minus the mayo yuk. Later I can put some burgers on the grill but other than that I really don't have any foods that I can eat in this house. I'm craving carbs so bad and not just sweets anymore. I feel sick . And why can't I have my coffee???

My memory and concentration have been crapping out on me for at least a year now and I'm not even 40 yet. I have had recurring yeast infections for years. I low carbed seriously over a year ago and lost down to my desired weight so started eating what I wanted again, luckily I was able to keep my weight where I wanted it. I did notice while low carbing that I stopped having yeast infection syptoms and didn't have to take "the stuff".

Help! I feel crappy and no energy and need to get lots of work done today around the house. I think I'll take a nap otherwise I'm going to dive into a loaf of bread. I could get on the treadmill later.......
I still have my coffee, I just "cut it back" a lot. I have been doing reading on it and they say not to drink coffee because it's a bean, and therefore would most likely have fungus on it.

There are other places that I read that coffee was Ok and they did testing on it to see if it would feed candida and their test showed that it didn't. Who to believe? All I know is that if you try to do EVERYTHING all at once, it makes the "die off" worse...There fore, I have cut back on coffee but I did not totally get rid of it. Years ago when I tried to do the diet and supplements on my own, I tried to give up coffee and do everything at once and it dang near killed me.

One step at a time. I would suggest Low carb, but hang on to your coffee for awhile and see where it goes.

Mountaingirl??? How are you doing? Your question with almond milk and not being able to go to the store? I suggest the same thing for you right now. Work with what you have. Incorporate other parts of the Candida diet (to get started) and just use your almond milk until you can make other changes.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:50 AM   #665

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin4 View Post
I feel tired and drained today. Something that I haven't felt for a few days. My feet are also swollen and my big tummy looks even bigger.
The only thing I did different, 3 days ago, I stopped taking the grapefruit seed and started the oregano oil.

Does anyone know if grapefruit seed is a diuretic? After a full day of taking it, my feet shrank. Now after stopping it they are almost the same size they were before.

I am thirstier (is that a word, LOL) while taking the oil of oregano. So, maybe, I am just retaining all the water I have been drinking.

I think I am going to start the grapefruit seed again and see what happens. I know it has only been three days. But, I like to see patterns (I am a math and science person). I am always looking for reasons. Maybe I will just have to experiment on myself and find out which things work best. So here is my hypothesis: Does grapefruit seed along with the other (CO, ACV) cause me feet and belly to get smaller. LOL! I feel like I am in school again.

I don't know. I just know that we will good days and we will have bad days. It's not going to be a "Steady" consistent Healing. It's not going to be like we turn a corner and that's it. It ends up that the Good Days out weight the bad days...On our Journey to a "Healing". I know this can be frustrating.
The bad days will get less and less over time. It's a slow process.

I'm going to make a "trip" to the health food store today and get me some Oil of oregano and grapefruit seed.

I think I am going to start out with the Oil of oregano. Got any tips for me?
Old 09-27-2008, 08:08 AM   #666
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Margot 65
Toots, one word:

CAREFUL!

I started the OoO and let me tell you last night I was a MESS!

I had aches and pains in places I never knew existed.. and get this:

My pelvic disorder I had that kept me bedridden while i was pregnant last year, reared it's ugly head yesterday! It is a hormonal thing that many women suffer from while pregnant, and disappeared immediately after birth.. I actually had pains there yesterday.

My legs and back ached.. deep down to the bone kinds of aching (remember 'growing pains' when we were kids??)

I am SO CRAMPY like TOM and keep running to the BR to check.

I was reading about die off last night, to ease my mind and assure me I was not going crazy..

google Herxheimer candida and you will find a ton of information on how to ease it and also what we can expect..

I am easing up today, I think I will take the day off (but continue my CO, ACV and pau d'arco and of course the 'diet')

Last night was NOT fun...
Old 09-27-2008, 08:20 AM   #667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prozak View Post
Toots, one word:

CAREFUL!

I started the OoO and let me tell you last night I was a MESS!

My pelvic disorder I had that kept me bedridden while i was pregnant last year, reared it's ugly head yesterday! It is a hormonal thing that many women suffer from while pregnant, and disappeared immediately after birth.. I actually had pains there yesterday.

My legs and back ached.. deep down to the bone kinds of aching (remember 'growing pains' when we were kids??)

I am SO CRAMPY like TOM and keep running to the BR to check.

I was reading about die off last night, to ease my mind and assure me I was not going crazy..

google Herxheimer candida and you will find a ton of information on how to ease it and also what we can expect..

I am easing up today, I think I will take the day off (but continue my CO, ACV and pau d'arco and of course the 'diet')

Last night was NOT fun...
Prozak!! Thank you so much for sharing with me.

Can I ask you something? I have never heard of this "Retracing" thing before. It sounds Far out there and every thing, but DANG...It sure sounds like you and I ARE going through that!!!! Did you ever hear of it before? Thoughts, comments on this?

Yes, I'm going through the Perianal Abscess that I had YEARS ago and thought was totally healed. Not fun at all. Did some more research on it, and they can be caused by yeast/candida!

Also, reading, they said that "Oil of oregano" can help. Actually, topically mixed with coconut oil as well as internally.

I have to try something. I don't want to have to have to go to the doctor and have to take an antibiotic...only to make everything else worse.

This is just so WEIRD!!! It's not as bad as it was before...but it's not exactly comfortable.

What did you start out with, internally, for the Oil of oregano? Should I start out with one drop in water the first day? Then see how it goes?

Thanks!
Old 09-27-2008, 08:23 AM   #668

YIkes, I am quickly posting, because the last post was 666!!!
Old 09-27-2008, 08:53 AM   #669
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kristin4
Stats: 260.8 /233/ 150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 8/9/08
Tooter,
The oil of oregano really didn't do much for me. I started taking it once a day (gel tabs) and by the end of 5 days was at 3 a day. Every day I just added one more. I didn't have any die off symptoms.

Then after 5 days I switched to grapefruit seed extract (pill form). Wow, talk about die off symptoms. Anyway, I felt it working. Then after 5 days, I switched again to oil of oregano, all die off symptoms stopped. I have to say it was a relief to have them stop for the past 3 days.

Today (day 14 of adding OO and GSE) I started on the grapefruit seed again. I did a search on grapefruit seed. They say it is a anti-fungal/bacterial/viral etc... Lots of sites claiming its benefits. Then I read on wikipedia that it actually isn't the grapefruit seed that works, but the preservative added to them is synthetic. This synthetic material used is also used in cleaning chemicals. That is scary. It even named the brand I have as one that has the synthetic preservative in it. My bottle says naturally made, hypo-allergenic but how could it be if it has a synthetic in it? Synthetics are man made. I have tried to find an actual extract online that is not synthetic made. Anyone know of a brand that can be trusted. Mine is made by, NutriBiotic.

Last edited by kristin4; 09-27-2008 at 08:56 AM..
Old 09-27-2008, 08:57 AM   #670

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin4 View Post
Tooter,
The oil of oregano really didn't do much for me. I started taking it once a day (gel tabs) and by the end of 5 days was at 3 a day. Every day I just added one more. I didn't have any die off symptoms.

Then after 5 days I switched to grapefruit seed extract (pill form). Wow, talk about die off symptoms. Anyway, I felt it working. Then after 5 days, I switched again to oil of oregano, all die off symptoms stopped. I have to say it was a relief to have them stop for the past 3 days.

Today (day 14 of adding OO and GSE) I started on the grapefruit seed again. I did a search on grapefruit seed. They say it is a anti-fungal/bacterial/viral etc... Lots of sites claiming its benefits. Then I read on wikipedia that it actually isn't the grapefruit seed that works, but the preservative added to them is synthetic. This synthetic material used is also used in cleaning chemicals. That is scary. It even named the brand I have as one that has the synthetic preservative in it. My bottle says naturally made, hypo-allergenic but how could it be if it has a synthetic in it? Synthetics are man made. I have tried to find an actual extract online that is not synthetic made. Anyone know of a brand that can be trusted. Mine is made by, NutriBiotic.
Wow, Thanks, Kristin!! I don't know. Boy, we sure are weeding through stuff, gleaning and finding out stuff on our own, aren't we?

That's something we need to look into.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:58 AM   #671
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Toots, I did the liquid before and ugh... so I bought capsules this time.

I took one in the AM and was fine, then I took another before dinner and was a mess about 3 hours later.

My eyes are really bothering me today though... itchy and dry (I wear contacts). I used to suffer from hayfever as a teen but have not had itchy eyes since I moved to Alberta from BC.

the fuzz is gone off my teeth

My skin is clear and not poofy

and I am actually DOWN A WHOLE POUND today (this NEVER happens after induction... a pound in 24 hours unless I am having TOM...)
Old 09-27-2008, 09:00 AM   #672

Gallery: fawn
Prozak!!!

Wow, this is such a clear explanation for your low carb tolerance. What an amazing transformation you're going through.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:00 AM   #673

Quote:
Toots, I did the liquid before and ugh... so I bought capsules this time.

I took one in the AM and was fine, then I took another before dinner and was a mess about 3 hours later.

My eyes are really bothering me today though... itchy and dry (I wear contacts). I used to suffer from hayfever as a teen but have not had itchy eyes since I moved to Alberta from BC.

the fuzz is gone off my teeth

My skin is clear and not poofy

and I am actually DOWN A WHOLE POUND today (this NEVER happens after induction... a pound in 24 hours unless I am having TOM...)
Old 09-27-2008, 09:35 AM   #674
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Quote:

Is that a sacroiliac problem, Prozac?
Old 09-27-2008, 09:52 AM   #675
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Pelvic Symphysis Dysfunction (PSD)

It feels like your pelvic bone is literally broken in the front.. the first sign of that is not being able to lift up one leg at a time.

I had it with #2, but not until the last 2 months.. #3 it started at week 17. I could not get dressed without pain, roll over nor could I get in and out of hubby's truck. Climbing stairs was near impossible.

Hormone related, and super fast (meaning MINUTES.. 2-3 pushes) delivery of all 3 babies can make it worse for each successive pregnancy.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:56 AM   #676
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Ouch! I'm glad it cleared up afterwards. I was asking because I get sacroiliac problems which are hormonally influenced, and I know that's a problem for some during pregnancy.

Ok, back to candida ...
Old 09-27-2008, 09:58 AM   #677
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My knee aches. like they used to in high school before I had cartilage removed through surgery. Funny though, the knee that hurts is the one I did not have surgery on LOL
Old 09-27-2008, 10:29 AM   #678
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: WenB
Stats: 311 (h)/247.8 (i)/241 (c)/20-24% Body Fat (g)
WOE: Lap Band - Atkins Modified for Candida - BMR
Start Date: Induction on 7/22/08; Surgery 12/06
Well, I managed to oil pull a teaspoon of CO for 2 minutes. Tomorrow I go for 4!
Old 09-27-2008, 10:49 AM   #679
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SLynnB
I was reading on a site last night with an article by a women who cured her yeast infection. One of the things she said was that we have to experiment to find what will and will not work for us and what we can and cannot eat. Guess as with the LC way of eating it is YMMV.

I've been doing some reading up on polydextrose and it is a prebiotic (research studies have shown that it encourages the growth of the good stuff). I know when I was making and eating a lot of candy with it that I was losing. So, going to make some candy later.

Also going to the healthfood store and getting the B6 to go with the L-glutamine and will see if they have grapefuit seed extract.

Sheryl
Old 09-27-2008, 11:25 AM   #680
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: duece49424
Stats: 230 start 3/16/10..lifetime goal 150
WOE: low carb/healthylifestyle - struggling with binges
Ladies - so much reading I can't keep up...and, I have so many questions, but the one I am going to ask now ....do you have to take B6 with l-glutamine? I'm going to the health food store, so would like to know. I get so confused as there are so many different brands of things. I'm out of co and acv, looking for the grapefruit seed too.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:01 PM   #681
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BusyBeeMommy
Stats: 231/225/200 Goal Size: 12/13 Current Size: 20
WOE: Phase 2 Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/2013
I had a stomach episode today like I used to have in high school....it's almost as bad is giving birth. I actually enjoyed giving birth more! Not fun, but I know it'll be better in the long run.

Last edited by BusyBeeMommy; 09-27-2008 at 12:05 PM..
Old 09-27-2008, 01:26 PM   #682
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: laurakitty
Stats: 158/158/132
WOE: Gluten & Dairy Free
I oil pulled and took the CO (half the amount I took yesterday) and the ACV again this morning- I still had a reaction but not as bad. I'm still throat clearing a lot though, even 8 hours later. I'm not really sure what to do...

One good thing was that this morning I was down 3 lbs- I've been super bloated for two weeks, and nothing has been able to move it so I was happy to see some of the bloating going away.
Old 09-27-2008, 01:58 PM   #683

Gallery: Su11
Stats: Total loss- 65 (since Sept 05)
WOE: General lower carb- fructose limited
I decided to up my CO intake after reading a lot of these posts. I've been using it all along, but wasn't really pushing it. So, two tbls at each meal that I can take CO (night and evening during the week). I'm going for a bit more this weekend as I'll have minor surgery on Thursday and want all the benefits I can get.

Now, I also put the amino acid in there and drink the ACV at some point (usually right before) This weekend I have had a flushed, tingling feeling esp in my face, lips, and along my arms. This morning it was so strong I almost didn't go on my shopping rounds, but, like I said, I only have till Thursday to organize, and I have to work most of that time.

I just had a very late lunch and againt the flushing, but I'm not so wiped out. I suppose it could be the amino acid.

I'm now officially leery of the Grapefruit Seed Oil. Does anyone have a few good sites on the safety of the manufacturing process? I did find the one that discussed how full of pesticides and such it is, I'm just wondering how biased that reporting is.

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." (Mae West)
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." (Theodor Seuss Geisel, a.k.a. Dr. Seuss)
Old 09-27-2008, 02:00 PM   #684

Gallery: Su11
Stats: Total loss- 65 (since Sept 05)
WOE: General lower carb- fructose limited
I want to add that I tried the ACV in my shower today. I splashed it on like a tonic after I had rubbed down with CO and then showered. It stung a bit where I had a couple of raw places, but the skin itching that has gotten so bad over the past few days is totally gone now. And I just felt so nice and fresh. I'm going to try it in the tub soon.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:26 PM   #685
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post

One step at a time. I would suggest Low carb, but hang on to your coffee for awhile and see where it goes.

Mountaingirl??? How are you doing? Your question with almond milk and not being able to go to the store? I suggest the same thing for you right now. Work with what you have. Incorporate other parts of the Candida diet (to get started) and just use your almond milk until you can make other changes.
Heya Tooter!

You are ONE SMART WOMAN!!
Yes, to do everything at once is too overwhelming.
I'm going to have to use what I have for the moment, and the better choice between homemade organic soy milk or homemade raw almond milk is the latter.

Once I can, I'll get organic coconut milk, but until then, I'll simply do what I can with what I have.

The big thing for me is to give up dairy (cheeses), as this is a big part of my diet.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:29 PM   #686
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was thinking, what things are y'all eating?
I'm kinda at a loss since I don't eat much meat (I eat a lot of cheese) on what to make.

I could make a Crustless Quiche (eggs and veggies only) tomorrow.

What other ideas do y'all have?
Old 09-27-2008, 03:43 PM   #687
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey again!

Reading on some other websites about Candida Diets, I read that almonds are OK to have, if soaked or sprouted.

This pdf has the whole anti-Candida food lists.

http://www.wholeapproach.com/diet/Wh..._Food_List.pdf

The main site is here:

WholeApproach.com - Natural Candida Treatment – Systemic Yeast Infection and Candida Diet Recipes, Forums and Products
Old 09-27-2008, 05:18 PM   #688
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

No ill effects from the 2t of CO last night, so I upped it to 1T today. Gonna see what it does, but I'm enthused that I didn't have any die off symptoms today.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:24 PM   #689
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

More and more I am beginning to think that the 'induction flu' is really yeast die off.

It just all explains SO MUCH.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:38 PM   #690
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Prozak, you have a great point!
Closed Thread