Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2008, 09:44 AM   #631
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
So here's what I'm going to do starting today.

PLEASE, ANYONE comment and tell me if I'm not doing it correctly or need to change, delete or add something!

Morning:
Meds for hypothyroid and diabetes and hypertension

Cod liver oil 1 tsp
Organic virgin coconut oil 1 TB

Then later
Breakfast
Egg cream shake (modified)
2 raw local free range eggs
4 oz Either homemade organic soy milk or almond milk made with washed almonds (I can discard the soaking water)
2 TB unsweetened cocoa
Stevia
Erythritol
2 TB Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (Bragg's)

Oil pulll w/ CO afterwards and before bed

Water 72 oz

Lunch

Supper
Perhaps a second egg cream shake

NOTES - Things I usually eat:
NO CHEESE
NO NUTS
NOTHING FERMENTED / VINEGAR
No SOY SAUCE (I use organic tamari)

SUPPLEMENTS:
VCO 2 TB per day
ACV 2 TB per day
GSE 10 drops twice a day
Garlic caps 2 twice a day

Anything else?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2008, 10:16 AM   #632
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/118.4/118 5'3.75"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Jane,

I honestly don't know if they are better. When I gave birth the last time in 2006 I stopped the prenatals because I thought my powdered form was better. I still have some prenatals in the cupboard! I currently take All One original formula Multiple Vitamin and Mineral Powder which has 50+ vitamins, minerals and whole food amino acids, with antioxidants. It has no yeast, no gluten, no sugar,no sweeteners, no flavors, no colors, no binders, no fillers and no excipients (whatever that is). Sure is complete, but I love that I just scoop it into my protein shake in the AM and am done with it. I did take some others that required a capsule 3 times a day. I kept forgetting to do that 3 times in a day, but now I am stuck in that I have to have a shake in order to get that vitamin in! Indeed it is hard to find supplements that you can really trust. I generally get my guidelines from Doug Kaufmann--I absolutely love his show!! I would watch it 3 times a day while I was pregnant with my last baby. My DH was getting sick of me saying Doug this and Doug that. My family thought I was too much into him actually, but I was learning so much. That is my passion now. Tooter has posted several things from his website, Know the Cause. He truly believes that doctors treat symptoms and not the root cause, which is fungus. Candida is only one of the thousands of fungus out there. Ringworm is an example of another type of fungus and needs to be starved just like candida. Anyway, a too long answer of your question but there it is nonetheless......
Old 09-26-2008, 10:21 AM   #633
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Margot 65
MG it looks great!

But, you 'might' want to wait to add the GSE until you have made sure you can handle any die off symptoms you might get from the rest of the protocol you have there.

It is a healing process and our major organs need to heal and also we need to starve off some of the yeast as well... adding too much to soon can really overwhelm us.

I would do exactly what you have there, minus the GSE *for now* and see how you feel after a week or 2.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:22 AM   #634
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Margot 65
oh! you might want to check and see if your HFS carries pau d'arco, it is great to add that at any time (and it comes in tea form as well)

it is pronounced peDARKo, so you don't feel silly asking for it LOL
Old 09-26-2008, 10:26 AM   #635

MG

I think you are doing a super job. I don't know how I did it all (moneywise) when I was going through my anti-candida after Kyle was born in 2006. I was a stay at home mom and paying for my c-section hospitalization, Kyle's bili blanket (he was very jaundiced) and then going and getting my supplements. I knew that it wasn't going to be forever so I bit the bullet and put them on credit cards. Good thing you don't need the probiotics right away! FYI--The coconut milk I can find here in cans at Wal-Mart for just about a dollar--maybe $1.29 now, but it isn't that much.

From what I understand about the cocoa powder--the chocolate is a bean that is roasted. Those are to be avoided again because it is a bean and like nuts can be contaminated/moldy. The same reason you shouldn't have coffee either. But I will leave it to your discretion as to whether you want to keep it in your diet. Personally I wouldn't be able to do without it either--the exact reason I should cut it out. You are most craving the foods that you are "allergic" to. You can take the info and digest it. There are several ways to do this and you have to weed through the info and see what you are willing to do and how far you are willing to go. I joined Bee's yahoo group a long time ago and in reading her website I know that I could never do the enema she suggested--the coffee one. I could never drink coffee again after doing that I think! So I try to glean what I can from different sources. Good luck and I wish you well. You have been through so much--you are one tough lady!!
Old 09-26-2008, 10:29 AM   #636
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Prozak!!!

Oh, I'll have to wait on the pau d'arco until next month. I can only do what I have on hand.

OK, another question:

Are we all completely stopping ALL FORMS of dairy? Milk, cheese, cream cheese, sour cream? <ooooh, I lovs mah cheese>

And I guess salsa is out, right?

And HOW LONG do we have to do this? LOL!
Old 09-26-2008, 10:34 AM   #637
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: WenB
Stats: 311 (h)/247.8 (i)/241 (c)/20-24% Body Fat (g)
WOE: Lap Band - Atkins Modified for Candida - BMR
Start Date: Induction on 7/22/08; Surgery 12/06
I need suggestions for my egg creams.

I'm working on a very clean Induction type diet - no nuts, they are a possible culpret in my stall.

But, my egg creams use 2 oz Heavy cream with the coffee and eggs. Any suggestions on what I could sub for the dairy and get the same taste/texture?

And I'm upping to 2 tsp of CO tonight - no nasty symptoms from the single teaspoon last night so it's time to move up a bit.

Last edited by WenB; 09-26-2008 at 10:35 AM..
Old 09-26-2008, 10:41 AM   #638

Gallery: fawn
You girls are going fast here! I'm having a hard time keeping up with this thread.

Tooter: I'm sorry you're going through all of this re-illness but you're doing good and you are a trooper for sure!

Kathy, I order 6 54oz. jars at a time so I never run out......but I give some away too as little samples for friends.

You know, I think activated charcoal sounds like a great idea but then again, I could be very wrong. That will need to be researched and I just can't right now. sorry girlies loads of homework for my final.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:43 AM   #639

Quote:
Originally Posted by WenB View Post
I need suggestions for my egg creams.

I'm working on a very clean Induction type diet - no nuts, they are a possible culpret in my stall.

But, my egg creams use 2 oz Heavy cream with the coffee and eggs. Any suggestions on what I could sub for the dairy and get the same taste/texture?

And I'm upping to 2 tsp of CO tonight - no nasty symptoms from the single teaspoon last night so it's time to move up a bit.
Maybe you will like my new recipe

3 eggs
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup pumpkin
10 drops of stevia
sprinkle of cinnamon
Old 09-26-2008, 10:46 AM   #640
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

That sounds super yummy Fawn - I could eat pumpkin three times a day. I'm up in the air though about the coconut milk.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:47 AM   #641
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Fawn,

What would you recommend other than coconut milk for egg creams?. I can't get that at the moment, our area is OUT of gas!

I have homemade raw almond milk (nuts soaked overnight, drained and rinsed before using)

or homemade cooked organic soymilk (beans soaked overnight, drained and rinsed)?
Old 09-26-2008, 10:57 AM   #642
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: laurakitty
Stats: 158/158/132
WOE: Gluten & Dairy Free
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prozak View Post
laura... I had EXACTLY the same thing happen when I was pregnant when I consumed casein... it went away after I gave birth.

While CO allergies are VERY rare.. it has been said in almost every web page I have visited about candida die off, that your 'allergy' symptoms not only get worse when we start a candida protocol, but that they are not in fact ALLERGIES when they happened in the first place... but a symptom of the overgrowth.

Dairy proteins feed the yeast.. so that is why we have to be really careful to use supplements that are labeled dairy free.

It is something to consider.. but if the reaction is that bad, I would cut back and take it slower....

have you oil pulled before this??
I've never oil pulled before this, but I've been using coconut oil for my cooking for the last few months so I wouldn't think I would react to it. When I was little I had a bad allergc reaction to CO and didn't have it again till this year (about 19 years) and it all seemed fine, but now I'm just confused.

My throat isn't so closed up now, but its itching and sore. I'm rather unsure what I should do. I only had a tsp but maybe I'll try half that tomorrow.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:58 AM   #643

MG

You must be in North Carolina! That has been in the news this week. I am hoping that I can get gas this weekend. If not we won't be going out either!!
Old 09-26-2008, 11:42 AM   #644
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
MG

You must be in North Carolina! That has been in the news this week. I am hoping that I can get gas this weekend. If not we won't be going out either!!
Yes Dawn,

We are in the mountains of North Carolina and we have NO GAS.
What gas there is, one must sit in line for over 2 hours and pay over $4.00 a gallon. And many many people have spent 2hours + in a gas line only to find the pump dry when they get there!!

Our schools have closed, our county non-emergency government has closed and they are suspending mail delivery in our area.

So basically, I have to use what I have here, there is no going out until this situation resolves.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:08 PM   #645

bad position to be in....what a bummer. I fear it's going to get worse. keep your chins up!

the almond milk I think we've discussed as a no no because of potential mold? What does everyone else think?

Your homemade soymilk should be fine MG. That doesn't hinder your thyroid at all? I have a slightly sluggish thyroid, no meds but I do steer clear of soy. It's also a tripsin inhibitor (prevents you from synthesizing protein) I know you've heard the whole scoop on soy......just throwing it out there again girlfriend.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:25 PM   #646

Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
Hi Prozak,

Yeah, I knew that I was referring to systemic overgrowth, I just didn't want to retype it since that's wnat we had established here. But thank for clarifying that.

I never really thought about it, but yes, I have been a carb addict all my life and growing up, had my share of antibiotics for recurrent tonsillitis. As a young woman I had frequent UTIs and yeast infections.

Most recently, starting with the Leukemia trreatment, I did not know that I was on HUGE HUGE HUGE doses of steroids, in fact, they saved my life because I had an almost fatal reaction to the chemotherapy and the treatment is pumping steroids. I was taking so much that they had to place me on an Insulin drip and IV BP meds AND IV Diflucan to deal with the side effects of the steroids. I was on chemo for 18 months and then most recently have had antibiotic treatment and steroid treatment for my frozen shoulder and herniated lumbar disk. This last time tho, I told the surgeon NO STEROIDS!! hA! He thought I was crazy.

Anyway, I have eczema and I itch all the skin all over my skin. I refused the steroids creams as they make my skin bleed.

The diabetes makes me itch too though, and when my sugars are high, I itch more.

I also have Chronic Fatique Syndrome and Fibromyalgia among other things.

So, yeah, Now that I bother to consider it, I'd say I have a Candida overgrowth and I'm going to challenge my body in a cleanse / cure.

And I cannot afford to buy coconut milk right now.
Giving you Dilfucan is not going to "fix" the yeast problem and the "tests" they give you aren't accurate. Combine that with their "bandaid" fix and not even dealing with your immune system...

It's SOOOoooooooooo frustrating. Remember my story about them giving me anti-yeast meds? That worked out really well.

I'm so glad you joined this thread.

Real treatment is pretty much this...

Diet (Very important, but you have a head start on it).
Antifungals
Probiotics
Building the immune system.

You do it in stages and one step at a time. You don't want to cause major "die off".
Old 09-26-2008, 01:30 PM   #647

I'm not very talkative today. It's a grey, dark, rainy day and die off is bad. That and retracing? I had never heard of that before, but it sure seems like what I am going through.

Guess what? This isn't going to be a "steady" upward moving thing.

There will be Good days and there will be bad days.

Over time, the Good days will out weigh the bad days, as we get closer to "Healing" and getting at a balance with this thing.

Yes, it's frustrating...We just have to "hang in there" and realize that we are making headway.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:33 PM   #648

Quote:
Thanks Prozak!!!

Oh, I'll have to wait on the pau d'arco until next month. I can only do what I have on hand.

OK, another question:

Are we all completely stopping ALL FORMS of dairy? Milk, cheese, cream cheese, sour cream? <ooooh, I lovs mah cheese>

And I guess salsa is out, right?

And HOW LONG do we have to do this? LOL!
You can have salsa!!!!

I'm going to give you a web site (Prozak has posted it on here and so have I a few times). It's Bee Wilder's site. She has a lot of information (even recipes) and explains things very well.

Healing Naturally by Bee - Home Page
Old 09-26-2008, 01:37 PM   #649

Quote:
Yes Dawn,

We are in the mountains of North Carolina and we have NO GAS.
What gas there is, one must sit in line for over 2 hours and pay over $4.00 a gallon. And many many people have spent 2hours + in a gas line only to find the pump dry when they get there!!

Our schools have closed, our county non-emergency government has closed and they are suspending mail delivery in our area.

So basically, I have to use what I have here, there is no going out until this situation resolves.
You know, you are one tough Lady!!! I hope things return to "Normal" for your area soon.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:04 PM   #650

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
You can have salsa!!!!

I'm going to give you a web site (Prozak has posted it on here and so have I a few times). It's Bee Wilder's site. She has a lot of information (even recipes) and explains things very well.

Healing Naturally by Bee - Home Page
It cracks me up-the egg cream recipe floating around here is hers!
Old 09-26-2008, 02:41 PM   #651
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: laurakitty
Stats: 158/158/132
WOE: Gluten & Dairy Free
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisabinil View Post
It cracks me up-the egg cream recipe floating around here is hers!
This is probably going to sound dumb, but why do you guys all drink these egg creams? I don't come from any Low Carb background (I found this board when searching for something about Callanetics, but I naturally eat Low Carb since I have celiacs) so I don't understand why you would drink something so high in fat. I'm willing to try one, but I want to understand why they seem to be so integral to everyone's diet on this board.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:50 PM   #652
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

I eat a low carb/high fat diet.

I also had lapband surgery and since then, I don't do well with solids before about noon. So, I do an egg cream, and I'm full for several hours and then some.

I also struggle to eat to my BMR - the minimal calorie requirement my body has to exist.

Eating high fat low carb, I've seen amazing results physically, even though for the past few weeks my weight has stalled.

I weighed 244 and ate a low calorie, high protein, low fat diet - protein shake for breakfast - 0 g fat in it

I weighed 235 and ate a BMR amout of calories, high fat, low carb diet - including an egg cream for breakfast

Which one looks healther?

Weight Loss Goals for 2009
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]246 245 244 243 242 241 [/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkRed"]240[/COLOR] 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195
Old 09-26-2008, 03:27 PM   #653
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BusyBeeMommy
Stats: 231/225/200 Goal Size: 12/13 Current Size: 20
WOE: Phase 2 Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by WenB View Post
I eat a low carb/high fat diet.

I also had lapband surgery and since then, I don't do well with solids before about noon. So, I do an egg cream, and I'm full for several hours and then some.

I also struggle to eat to my BMR - the minimal calorie requirement my body has to exist.

Eating high fat low carb, I've seen amazing results physically, even though for the past few weeks my weight has stalled.

I weighed 244 and ate a low calorie, high protein, low fat diet - protein shake for breakfast - 0 g fat in it

I weighed 235 and ate a BMR amout of calories, high fat, low carb diet - including an egg cream for breakfast

Which one looks healther?
WenB you look awesome!!! Wow your face positively glows in that second photo!! Gorgeous my dear
Old 09-26-2008, 05:47 PM   #654
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: WildflowerMama
Stats: 185.5/143.2/revised to 140
Start Date: Nov 2006
I'm just starting to wade through all 22 pages and first, I have to say a tremendous thank you to everyone for sharing such amazing information.

I'm not sure if I have a yeast problem but, I figure it can't hurt to try this and see if it helps.

I had two quick questions if you all don't mind.....Does anyone know if coconut cream concentrate is an acceptable form of coconut oil? It the ground up meat and the oil. It does have some carbs but right now I'm more concerned about getting the coconut oil in and was hoping this was an acceptable source of coconut.

Also, how about dairy? I seem to be reading that some dairy is ok - like cream or half and half but that other forms - cottage cheese, cheese, sour cream etc... is not. Is that correct?

Losing weight is hard, but being fat is harder. Choose your hard.

Don't sit if you can stand. Don't stand if you can walk. Don't walk if you can run. Get Moving!
Old 09-26-2008, 06:11 PM   #655

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
I'm not very talkative today. It's a grey, dark, rainy day and die off is bad. That and retracing? I had never heard of that before, but it sure seems like what I am going through.

Guess what? This isn't going to be a "steady" upward moving thing.

There will be Good days and there will be bad days.

Over time, the Good days will out weigh the bad days, as we get closer to "Healing" and getting at a balance with this thing.

Yes, it's frustrating...We just have to "hang in there" and realize that we are making headway.
That means a cup of warm chamomile tea, a good book, jammies and the sofa!
Old 09-26-2008, 06:15 PM   #656

Wen my friend, I love your comparisons. Your bright beautiful eyes just glow in your after shot.

Laurakitty, we're high fatters baby. We've finally found our way to a svelt, healthy body with cellular regenerating super charged foods. We're not hungry, we're not ill any more, we have more energy and our systems are finally not being deprived of the life giving properties of fat. Fat is where it's at. And we're not talking those rancid vegetable oils either. Pure, unadultered butter, cream, animal proteins and coconut oil.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:18 PM   #657
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

How bad is dairy?

I had gone to the store prior to realizing I have candida, and I have cheese, organic cream cheese, several pints of organic heavy cream.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:20 PM   #658
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Thanks Fawn.

I sent my Dad a copy of that picture, and his comment was "I wouldn't have recongized you if I'd passed you on the street." And then he wanted to know if my eyes were always that blue.

I can't imagine what I'll look like in 20 pounds down, let alone when I get to my 20% - 22% body fat.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:37 PM   #659
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lazlo0607
Stats: 160
WOE: low carb do to GI
Start Date: july 08
tooter

hey auntie, so hope you your doing better. how did you dicover that flax seed was bad
Old 09-26-2008, 08:25 PM   #660

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazlo0607 View Post
hey auntie, so hope you your doing better. how did you dicover that flax seed was bad
It's not that they are BAD. They have nutrition to them...

It's that they are a "Seed" and are very high in fiber. Mix that with Candida, and that's not a good thing. Not a good thing for IBS either (which mine is candida related). Flaxseed usually causes gas and bloating which is a sign it is feeding Candida.
Closed Thread