Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Candida and Yeast
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2008, 02:43 PM   #601
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
From reading...they say the best way to get rid of toxins is to sweat with Exercise. Um...That's kind of hard to do when you feel like crap. I guess we could try it on a "High energy" moment.

The other would be a sauna. I don't have one, nor an access to one.

epsom salt baths.

I have found that soaking in a hot bath helps. It's relaxing and you do sweat.

Someone asked the question awhile back about ocean water...

I have also read about Salt baths with sea salt being good for you, so I guess the answer would be yes.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2008, 03:15 PM   #602
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: TinaBina
WOE: L/C
I've been oil pulling too, I've been meaning to ask you about that Tooter.

I'm doing alittle better today, I haven't had a headache for two days. I did have a lot of pain in my upper back, right between my shoulder blades, had to take some advil for that.

I think a hot bath might be just what the Dr. ordered.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:27 PM   #603
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: WenB
Stats: 311 (h)/247.8 (i)/241 (c)/20-24% Body Fat (g)
WOE: Lap Band - Atkins Modified for Candida - BMR
Start Date: Induction on 7/22/08; Surgery 12/06
Well, I gave the yeasties a HUGE boost today

I had two shots of steroids into my lower back - preparations for Hurricane Ike inflamed everything and I've been near tears for the past week due to the pain.

When I got home, I managed to take the tsp of CO straight up - I closed my eyes and swallowed; and the good news is that it didn't make me gag this time.

The tummy cramps are better, but the itching is getting worse. Day by day, that's all I can do.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:37 PM   #604
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rottinluv
Stats: 141/110/110 Height 5' nothing!
WOE: Low Carb / Whole, Natural Foods!
Start Date: October 24, 2007
I'm truly amazed at all of the die-off symptoms I've experienced! Let's see...

Headache
Stomach Ache
Nausea
Fuzzy Teeth (Gross!)
Shaggy Tongue
Fatigue (Luckily, it never lasts long)
Blurred vision
Sore throat
Achy

I know there were more, but my foggy brain won't remember them. Oh yeah, that was another one!

I'm also very glad to report the my weight has dropped even more. I'm down to 114!!

So, does anyone know how long this is supposed to last?
Old 09-25-2008, 04:10 PM   #605

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Caty

I feel your pain on the coconut oil spilling. I did that once and it was a complete mess! I hated that that happened. What a waste. I keep my coconut oil in a jar on my stovetop--right in between the burners. I have the smooth cooktop. That keeps it liquid in the wintertime. Everytime I use the stove it gets liquified. I am the type of person that I have to see it in order to remember to do it. The ACV is in my cupboard.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:18 PM   #606

I was reading about Co today--actually it was another forum and this guy posted that he had read Bruce Fife's Miracle Cures book. He said that Bruce said to rub coconut oil on the skin that you want "healed". To make this understandable he said that if you have a sore throat that you should rub the coconut oil on your throat. That way the oil gets to where it needs to go. I don't know if you want to give this a try with your allergies Beth? It might be worth a try. I have the Miracle Cures book he was talking about but I don't remember reading that--it could be that it's in the newer copy as mine is in the older one. If you want to try it you could rub the coconut oil on your nose and throat and sinus cavities on your face.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:26 PM   #607

Beth

There also is a product called Sinus Cleanser. I have bought it for my husband who has a hard time with allergies. It is like a wash for the sinuses. It is a homeopathic remedy and has microbial ingredients like grapefruit seed extract. Because of TOS I cannot post a link but can be found at bioinnovations dot net. The creator of this product lived in California and noticed that when he was swimming in the ocean (salt water) his sinuses cleared up. It seems that my husband has tried everything but diet for his allergies. He has the neti pot and brought him no relief. He cannot even get the water in his nose because his nose is so clogged at times. Poor thing!

Last edited by dawnyama; 09-25-2008 at 04:26 PM.. Reason: change
Old 09-25-2008, 05:05 PM   #608
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: duece49424
Stats: 230 start 3/16/10..lifetime goal 150
WOE: low carb/healthylifestyle - struggling with binges
Leanne - I have almost all the same symptoms, except not the tongue thingy...horrible headache which I thought was causing my blurry vision....seeing little black spots..first thought it was a fly around me and started swishing it away, and then it happened again, and again, .... and there was NO FLY...boy, did I feel stupid..I'm a mess.

What a great thread, curing our problems, and complaining to someone who I hope doesn't think I'm crazy....better days are ahead...I know it! Have a good night ladies.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:41 PM   #609
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: filmpnk
Tooter & company:

This thread is going to be a life-saver for me.

I have had the WORST stall ever on Atkins this time around and really worried about other health issues I was having. I realized they are related, and yeast is to blame!!!

It's really the obvious culprit as I analyze many of the maladies it's responsible for that I suffer from tremendously:

Fatigue
Depression
Metabolic resistance
Yeast infections
Hives
Skin allergies in general (all the time!!)
Joint pain
Extreme migraines
the list goes on.....

I posted on a recipe thread about my fear this was the problem I was having in slow weightloss on Atkins. I suppose my findings are bittersweet as it has enlightened me to its relevance to my other ongoing health problems.

Looking forward to checking out all the good info. Thanks Tooter for starting this thread. I know it will benefit me and I'm looking forward to seeing some changes after implementing some new adjustments in my diet.

Old 09-25-2008, 06:09 PM   #610

Gallery: Su11
Stats: Total loss- 65 (since Sept 05)
WOE: General lower carb- fructose limited
I haven't been an angel in sticking to this, partly because I know I'm having some minor surgery next week and I'll be whacked with antibiotics and 'stuff', but I'm STILL going through what must be die off spells.

Suddenly, I have all kinds of skin issues from psoriasis, and I'll get intense, but very short lived itching spells or hot flashes or sudden headaches and sinus pressure that vanishes just as quickly.

Now I'm hoping I'll at least reap some benefit from all of this and not have to go through the full fledged die off and recovery later.

Of course, if we are talking a month for every year.... sigh! This might take me as long to pay down as my house!!!!

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." (Mae West)
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." (Theodor Seuss Geisel, a.k.a. Dr. Seuss)
Old 09-25-2008, 06:35 PM   #611

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
Beth

There also is a product called Sinus Cleanser. I have bought it for my husband who has a hard time with allergies. It is like a wash for the sinuses. It is a homeopathic remedy and has microbial ingredients like grapefruit seed extract. Because of TOS I cannot post a link but can be found at bioinnovations dot net. The creator of this product lived in California and noticed that when he was swimming in the ocean (salt water) his sinuses cleared up. It seems that my husband has tried everything but diet for his allergies. He has the neti pot and brought him no relief. He cannot even get the water in his nose because his nose is so clogged at times. Poor thing!
Try a neti pot with a saline solution.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:12 PM   #612
aka fuelmanswife

Gallery: Beth1121
Stats: -20
WOE: VLC
Start Date: August 2010
Quote:
Beth

I'll look for that. The neti pot did very little to help me...some but not enough to be worth it or skip my meds. I did it for several months, too!
Old 09-25-2008, 07:26 PM   #613
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: filmpnk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prozak View Post
Peanuts and cheese are to be avoided because the cheese is a mold, and peanuts do carry some as well.

Other things to avoid besides the obvious (SUGAR) might be dairy, mushrooms., soy sauce, fruit, vinegar* (and foods using it like pickles, mustard, BBQ sauce etc.), foods that contain gluten and yeast.

*Apple cider vinegar WITH THE MOTHER, the pure unpasteurized stuff is not included.. but regular grocery store ACV is not good.

Oil of Oregano is also something you could try.. a few drops in a glass of water. (nasty.... )

i have spend hundred of dollars on 'regimes', it all started with a breast reduction (didn't help...)

drinks made of clay and psyllium
three-lac (bought over the internet.. $$$)
diflucan (perscription)
oil of oregano

really the only thing that has helped (knock on wood) get rid of my rash has been to go super low carb and add CO to my diet.

If any one is interested, and has a yeast rash (under their breast or elsewhere in their body folds) let me know. Mine went OUT OF CONTROL a few weeks ago, and I think it was maybe the last dying breaths of it (I hope...) I bit the bullet and ordered a cream off of the internet from Australia on a whim, and it is the very first thing I have ever put on it that made it not only stop itching and eating my skin, but within a week the rash is freaking GONE!!
I have had a constant skin rash since I was about 19 yrs old. It has been diagnosed as "an allergy" w/o much avail otherwise. I was also told by one doctor it was ringworm. I have been prescribed numerous allergy meds (mostly antihistamines) and they do NOTHING. I also have tried steroid creams. NOTHING. What does seem to work is anti-fungal creams, but they're only a bandaid. The stuff ALWAYS comes back, and oftentimes worse.

My latest rash was a nitemare. It was covering my body. It itched so bad and I wanted to just die.

I did some research and it said that taking probiotics can actually excaccerbate the skin rashes we all have:

"Some people experience rashes and flare-ups on the skin when they take probiotics. Especially at first when fighting candida. This happens because the intestinal wall has been damaged and inflamed by candida and parasites on the wall. So even something healthy like a probiotic may irritate the wall and cause a flare-up somewhere in the body or skin."
..."The reason the probiotics make it worse is this. The protective layer in your intestinal tract, which should be there to prevent it from becoming sensitive or irritated by even friendly, normal, natural intestinal bacteria, has been destroyed by the candida. Without this natural protective coating even friendly bacteria can end up causing skin rashes."

lame! I've been taking probiotics to HELP my allergies, not make them worse.

Somebody help me..

It goes insane when my body temperature "suddenly" rises.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:36 PM   #614
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lazlo0607
Stats: 160
WOE: low carb do to GI
Start Date: july 08
ya needed to read that

tooter, def. needed that for sure. awsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
I need for us to go back to something and Read it again (This is also for MY beneifit) It's so that we retain it and "GET IT"!

1. Symptoms of a chronic disease disappear in definite order, going in reverse through every illness, symptom, disease, ache, pain or injury. This called "re-tracing." During "re-tracing" you will not experience the "actual" disease, injury or illness. It will be a much milder form that is more like a "copy" of it.
2. It takes about one month of natural healing for every year the symptoms have been present.
3. Healing progresses from the more vital organs to the less vital organs; from inside of the body towards the skin and from the top of the body down.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:51 AM   #615

Christie

Ringworm is a fungus and needs to be starved to be gotten rid of. That means that first things first you need to be on an anti-fungal/anti-candida diet. That will help tremendously. Then you can add in the supplements. Your probiotics will help--what causes the reaction from the probiotics is called "die-off" and will include worse symptoms until they have left your body. It is the detoxing of your fungus in your body. It needs to go somewhere. Just stick with it and it will get better--I promise. If you have read this thread everyone on here is going through it too, or have been through it!! Good luck!
Old 09-26-2008, 04:52 AM   #616

lisab

DH has the neti pot and uses the saline solution--his nose is so clogged that the water won't even go in his nose!!!
Old 09-26-2008, 06:11 AM   #617
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

I'm trying to determine if this is a yeastie problem or not.

Yesterday's steroid shots are having a very different effect! Normally, I'm tender for a day or so; nothing that what I'm taking for the pain won't fix. This time - OMG - I hurt! Every step hurts my back, moving position, even putting on the Spanx this morning. And the meds don't touch this.

Can die off cause severe pain with arthritis?

I know the sore scratchy throat and sniflly nose are related, as well as the extra digestive tract mucus.

I'm debating moving to 2 t CO tonight, but I'm worried.

Weight Loss Goals for 2009
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]246 245 244 243 242 241 [/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkRed"]240[/COLOR] 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195
Old 09-26-2008, 06:47 AM   #618

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
Quote:
lisab

DH has the neti pot and uses the saline solution--his nose is so clogged that the water won't even go in his nose!!!
Oh man that's rough-I sympathize completely-this happens to me too. The pressure is so bad I wish I was drippy.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:17 AM   #619
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BusyBeeMommy
Stats: 231/225/200 Goal Size: 12/13 Current Size: 20
WOE: Phase 2 Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/2013
Ok here's whats going on with me. I know I scored low on the questionaire, but it was hard to answer some questions as I haven't had a cycle in over a year and a half (pregnancy and now it's being delayed by lactation.) So here's whats been going on symptom wise for me.

General feeling of exhaustion
Still feeling tired after a full nights sleep
Acne face/body(I've never had acne!)
Digestive discomfort
Weird rash in my belly button (yes my belly button!)
Nightmares at night (I don't normally dream)
Ear discharge

Now on the ear thing, I've had a problem with that for months now and it was going away, but now its back in full force and possibly worse than it was.

So I can tell that something is going on!! I won't be able to get any CO for awhile as we're strapped for cash, but its the next thing on my list. That and some oil to pull with.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:47 AM   #620

Sarah Lynne

Pregnancy and lactation is enough to put you out of balance with your candida. I knew that I would be out of whack when I delivered my son via c-section in Jan of 2006. Pregnancy hormones and then the antibiotics they give you in the hospital while have surgery were enough to send me into candida overload. Then I ended up with mastitis. I was so messed up and then had post pardem on top of that. So, when I got home from the hospital I upped my coconut oil to 4 TBL, took probiotics and antifungals and then made sure to get yogurt for lunch every day. Just the probiotics I took were $100 a bottle and I took them long enough to need 2 bottles!! Then I took a brand of oil of oregano that I was sure would work, again pricy. Despite the cost, it was completely worth it though. I wish you well on your cleansing!

It could also just be the hormones of pregnancy/lactation. I know that my face totally cleared up when pregnant whether I washed it or not! It was great to not have to wash my face and I normally have very oily skin with some acne. A lot of pregnant women say that it must be the prenatal vitamins that give you the long lustrious hair, glowing skin and great long nails, but it is the hormones. Otherwise I would continue to take those prenatals and have great hair, skin, etc....
Old 09-26-2008, 08:19 AM   #621
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: duece49424
Stats: 230 start 3/16/10..lifetime goal 150
WOE: low carb/healthylifestyle - struggling with binges
Dawn - you brought up something interesting. Do you think the prenatal vitamins would be better than regular vitamins? Give a little extra as I see them in the health food store and almost bought them, but wasn't sure. I just take a plain ol generic one-a-day...think I need to change that. Any thoughts? Just getting rid of a terrible headache...glad it will be gone for the weekend. Have a good day, everyone!
Old 09-26-2008, 08:24 AM   #622
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Margot 65
I had troubles with the iron content in some of the prenatals (as well as the fact that most of them are PINK.. who CARES what color they are there is not need to add chemical coloring)

I think prenatals are a great source, but you really need to look for ones that do not contain synthetic vits/mins as well as they should be yeast/dairy/soy & wheat free.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:42 AM   #623
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Joyful111
Hi, I wanted to chime in here and say that in my experience, taking activated charcoal capsules really does help with the die off symptoms. This is something that I learned about on autism forums. I have used it several times with myself and my son. The charcoal soaks up the toxins. You feel the relief quite quickly. I have even taken it just when my stomach has felt "off" for whatever reason and it has always helped.

The only caution I can remember off the top of my head is that you aren't supposed to take it with enzymes because it will also soak them up.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:47 AM   #624
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Good Morning!!

Please forgive the intrusion, but I've been reading this thread for hours and I'm only on page 7. And I keep forgetting my questions!!!

So, I;ll post and then go back and keep reading!

I can identify, although I've been tested in the conventional way, and I did not have Candida, I do believe I have symptoms. And, as I told Tooter, it certainly wouldn't HURT to treat it as if I DID have Candida to see if my symptoms get better. I'm willing to give it a serious trial.

I have some questions perhaps y'all can help me with.

No nuts. Well, this may be difficult since I use my homemade raw almond milk daily for my egg cream shakes.

What would y'll recommend instead of raw almond milk? I CANNOT afford to buy additional products right now, but I do have organic virgin coconut oil, organic Bragg's ACV. I am taking organic garlic and GrapeFruit Seed Exract (GSE) for Candida.

What can I use for almond milk? What about Organic Kefir with probiotics?

Also, I cannot afford additional probiotics at this time, so I'll have to make it without that.

What do y'all think of my supplements for Candida?
Vco
ACV
Garlic
GSE

Also, No CHOCOLATE? Does that include unsweeted cocoa power (a staple in my egg cream shakes).

Thanks for any help!
Old 09-26-2008, 09:01 AM   #625
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome MG!

First of all, everyone has candida.. it is an overgrowth we are concerned with, and I would be (pleasantly) surprise (or shall I say more like shocked out of my mind) if you did NOT, considering all you have been through health-wise and medically over the years. I do not believe conventional testing is accurate, nor do I think it is being taken seriously by mainstream medicine.

Now, on that note..

have you tried coconut milk? If you would have told me 2 weeks ago I would EVER enjoy an egg cream or a cup of coffee without a boat load of heavy cream in it, I would have laughed at you. Everyone who knows I have quit cream, are shocked!

I do also believe that there is a way to rinse the almonds with the GSE.. it is just that nuts are a known carrier of fungus, it is not the nut itself that is bad... I will see if I can fond the post about that for you.

As for the cocoa... I myself do not think it is bad (from what I have read at curezone) as long as it is the type you are using, and not in a form of chocolate (SF or not...)
Old 09-26-2008, 09:02 AM   #626
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh and Prob's are not recommended until the overgrowth is taken care of.. so you are OK without those for now

What you are taking now sounds awesome!
Old 09-26-2008, 09:10 AM   #627
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: laurakitty
Stats: 158/158/132
WOE: Gluten & Dairy Free
I've been doing the acv, but I started a tsp of co and I also did the oil pulling for 10 minutes today and I feel like I'm having the worst allergic reaction. My throat has almost completely closed up and I can barely breathe. The back of my throat is itching at the same time and I keep making this clucking noise (a form of throat clearing). Is this an allergic reaction or just some kind of die off? It doesn't feel like any die off I've had in the past- it feels like the same kind of reaction I have to dairy (I'm very allergic to casein).
Old 09-26-2008, 09:15 AM   #628
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Laura, I'd call your doctor asap.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:34 AM   #629
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prozak View Post
Welcome MG!

First of all, everyone has candida.. it is an overgrowth we are concerned with,
Hi Prozak,

Yeah, I knew that I was referring to systemic overgrowth, I just didn't want to retype it since that's wnat we had established here. But thank for clarifying that.

Quote:
and I would be (pleasantly) surprise (or shall I say more like shocked out of my mind) if you did NOT, considering all you have been through health-wise and medically over the years.
I never really thought about it, but yes, I have been a carb addict all my life and growing up, had my share of antibiotics for recurrent tonsillitis. As a young woman I had frequent UTIs and yeast infections.

Most recently, starting with the Leukemia trreatment, I did not know that I was on HUGE HUGE HUGE doses of steroids, in fact, they saved my life because I had an almost fatal reaction to the chemotherapy and the treatment is pumping steroids. I was taking so much that they had to place me on an Insulin drip and IV BP meds AND IV Diflucan to deal with the side effects of the steroids. I was on chemo for 18 months and then most recently have had antibiotic treatment and steroid treatment for my frozen shoulder and herniated lumbar disk. This last time tho, I told the surgeon NO STEROIDS!! hA! He thought I was crazy.

Anyway, I have eczema and I itch all the skin all over my skin. I refused the steroids creams as they make my skin bleed.

The diabetes makes me itch too though, and when my sugars are high, I itch more.

I also have Chronic Fatique Syndrome and Fibromyalgia among other things.

So, yeah, Now that I bother to consider it, I'd say I have a Candida overgrowth and I'm going to challenge my body in a cleanse / cure.

And I cannot afford to buy coconut milk right now.

Last edited by RealFoodLiving; 09-26-2008 at 09:46 AM..
Old 09-26-2008, 09:42 AM   #630
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

laura... I had EXACTLY the same thing happen when I was pregnant when I consumed casein... it went away after I gave birth.

While CO allergies are VERY rare.. it has been said in almost every web page I have visited about candida die off, that your 'allergy' symptoms not only get worse when we start a candida protocol, but that they are not in fact ALLERGIES when they happened in the first place... but a symptom of the overgrowth.

Dairy proteins feed the yeast.. so that is why we have to be really careful to use supplements that are labeled dairy free.

It is something to consider.. but if the reaction is that bad, I would cut back and take it slower....

have you oil pulled before this??
Closed Thread