You are most welcome!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2008, 06:23 AM   #572
aka fuelmanswife

Gallery: Beth1121
Stats: -20
WOE: VLC
Start Date: August 2010
I have a question. What about nasal sprays that have steroids in them (i.e. Nasonex)? Are those bad for us, too?
Old 09-25-2008, 07:00 AM   #573
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth1121 View Post
I have a question. What about nasal sprays that have steroids in them (i.e. Nasonex)? Are those bad for us, too?
Yes, they aren't going to heal it and they will cause the Candida to grow more.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:05 AM   #574
aka fuelmanswife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
Yes, they aren't going to heal it and they will cause the Candida to grow more.
Thanks! What do those of us who need those do? I've tried weening off of mine to no avail. I really do need it. I have terrible allergies!
Old 09-25-2008, 07:13 AM   #575

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth1121 View Post
Thanks! What do those of us who need those do? I've tried weening off of mine to no avail. I really do need it. I have terrible allergies!
I would try and wean yourself off of it and also try and give the Oil pulling with the coconut oil a try. Why?

There are all kinds of theories on "Oil pulling". Frankly, I don't really care about them and they tend to use Sunflower or Sesame oil.

I use "coconut oil" because of the anti-fungal/virus etc... It's a way to get that coconut oil in there and it does amazing things.

I can BREATHE!! It's like my nose opens up. If there is mucus/candida in my throat....After I spit out the oil, I will get an urge to cough and it will "come up".

With "Oil pulling/Coconut oil"...I don't get colds, virus' that other family members get.

All it is, is taking about a teaspoon of coconut oil in your mouth. Let it melt and then start swishing it around in in your mouth for about 15 to 20 minutes.
The first time you do this, it feels strange and you might feel like you are going to gag. After a few times, this goes away. It's just that you aren't used to holding oil in your mouth. Your saliva glands tend to go "over board" with making saliva. So, you end up adjusting to this.

After you are done...You just spit it out in the trash and brush your teeth.

You will totally be amazed at how clean you mouth feels!

If you have had a persistent cough, because of Candida, it will "Go away" with continued "Oil pulling".

Your teeth will turn back to White and your teeth aren't as sensitive anymore (to cold, heat..etc.)

Anyways (I do tend to go on), I have had amazing results with Oil pulling with coconut oil. For the nasal, mouth and throat and to not have symptoms there.

Last edited by Tooter; 09-25-2008 at 07:28 AM..
Old 09-25-2008, 07:29 AM   #576
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: WenB
Stats: 311 (h)/247.8 (i)/241 (c)/20-24% Body Fat (g)
WOE: Lap Band - Atkins Modified for Candida - BMR
Start Date: Induction on 7/22/08; Surgery 12/06
Well, I can tell you what happens next -

My psiorisis on my scalp and face, as well as the roseacia have flared to an unbelievable degree. My face is crimson and covered in flakes Not to mention that the GI symptoms are in full force.

Fawn, I can sooo relate to PMS with a hangover
Old 09-25-2008, 07:31 AM   #577
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Tooter, I'm scared of oil pulling...how bad is the need to gag when you start?
Old 09-25-2008, 08:02 AM   #578
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kristin4
Stats: 260.8 /233/ 150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 8/9/08
Ok Tooter,
Today I will try the "oil pulling"

I have this darn thrush that keeps coming back. I hope this helps. I have a real texture issue with food, and I gag easily. Hoping the food stays in my tummy.

Kristin
Old 09-25-2008, 08:04 AM   #579
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Margot 65
I find oil pulling to be less 'gag inducing' if I melt it first, rather than taking it solid and letting it melt in my mouth.

I have had a white tongue for as long as I remember, and it is as pink now as it as ever been!
Old 09-25-2008, 08:07 AM   #580
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WenB View Post
Well, I can tell you what happens next -

My psiorisis on my scalp and face, as well as the roseacia have flared to an unbelievable degree. My face is crimson and covered in flakes Not to mention that the GI symptoms are in full force.

Fawn, I can sooo relate to PMS with a hangover
Wen a week ago I thought I had lice or something living in my hair.. (this was day 2 of ACV) I scratched until I bled in some spots.

I massaged CO all over my scalp and left it for a day before washing (shampoo does no favors for irritated skin.. best to leave the natural oils to do their job rather than wash them away)

it is MUCH better now

I think this is just what you needed, how can you doubt that now huh?
Old 09-25-2008, 08:10 AM   #581
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Prozak - can I claim denial a bit longer - pluuueeeezzzzzzeeee?
Old 09-25-2008, 08:16 AM   #582
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

not a chance WenB

we are in this together!!

We should have called this thread Scratch and Sniff(le) LOL
Old 09-25-2008, 08:46 AM   #583
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

~lol~

You know, I considered that I had candida a number of years ago - I was itching in female places and when I'd scratch the skin, I'd get a film - even when I was fresh out of a bath - I didn't know what it was but the itching when I had anything with sugar or wheat was unbearable.

I also wondered why I lost sooooooo slowly.

I think I know the evil lil one celled cause

I have to wonder if I'd known about the candida, and actually treated it, if I wouldn't have gotten so large, or wound up having surgery.

Weight Loss Goals for 2009
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]246 245 244 243 242 241 [/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkRed"]240[/COLOR] 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195
Old 09-25-2008, 09:07 AM   #584

Quote:
Tooter, I'm scared of oil pulling...how bad is the need to gag when you start?
WenB, just start out with a SMALL amount of coconut oil. I think too many times (me included) we started out with too much.

If you have a tablespoon of oil in your mouth and then your saliva glands start going...It feels like your mouth is filling up and that's when you want to gag.

If you start out with a smaller amount, that shouldn't happen. You then can get used to doing it.

I'd do it a couple of times a day. Don't worry that you can't do it for 20 minutes. Just doing it for 5 (at first) really helps.

Start small.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:09 AM   #585

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin4 View Post
Ok Tooter,
Today I will try the "oil pulling"

I have this darn thrush that keeps coming back. I hope this helps. I have a real texture issue with food, and I gag easily. Hoping the food stays in my tummy.

Kristin
Just like I said to WenB, start off with a small amount of oil. Just swish it in our mouth (Like mouth wash, but you continue doing it longer then that). Another way to think of it is...Do you remember when you ate Jello as a kid? Did you ever take a bite of the Jello and then swish it through your teeth to annoy your Mom? LMAO! It's like that.

Do it 2 to 3 times a day.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:10 AM   #586

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prozak View Post
I find oil pulling to be less 'gag inducing' if I melt it first, rather than taking it solid and letting it melt in my mouth.

I have had a white tongue for as long as I remember, and it is as pink now as it as ever been!
Old 09-25-2008, 09:11 AM   #587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prozak View Post
not a chance WenB

we are in this together!!

We should have called this thread Scratch and Sniff(le) LOL
Scratch, sniff and bloat!!
Old 09-25-2008, 09:12 AM   #588
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Thanks for the advice.

I'm just so irritated with myself for not following up on this sooner, that I *want* to jump into everything as fast as I can, but I know my body will fight back hard and heavy if I do.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:15 AM   #589

I need for us to go back to something and Read it again (This is also for MY beneifit) It's so that we retain it and "GET IT"!

Please read this again, keeping in mind the die off symptoms that you are experiencing now.

The Healing Crisis

The healing crisis is an acute reaction that is the result of the activity of nature's healing forces in overcoming chronic disease conditions. It is brought about when the body becomes overcrowded by wastes and toxins. Cells and tissues begin to throw off the waste and carry it from the bloodstream to various eliminating organs including the bowels, kidneys, lungs, skin, nasal passages, ears, throat, and genital organs.

These organs, in turn, become congested and irritated, producing symptoms such as colds, flue, boils, skin problems (rash, eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, etc.), kidney and bladder infection, headaches, ear or eye infection, diarrhea and/or constipation, and fever, to name a few.

That is the healing crisis, which is a form of healing and elimination. First the toxins are removed and then the tissues are renewed. These symptoms and the process of elimination are part of the cure and should not be suppressed. Although a healing and disease crisis may look alike they are very different.

A disease crisis is when the body is loaded to the toleration point with wastes and toxins. The body arouses itself in self-defense and brings on an acute inflammation such as a cold, fever, etc. If the wastes and toxins are not eliminated the body adapts itself to function at a lower energy level. However these wastes and toxins accumulate and inhibit the organs from performing their normal functions until a chronic disease occurs.

On the other hand a healing crisis develops because the healing forces are strengthening. By changing the diet to a highly nutritious one, and by eliminating as many sources of damaging substances as possible, i.e. sugar, soy, grains, chemicals, mycotoxins, preservatives, molds, etc. the body gets stronger, digging into the tissues and eliminating old chronic waste and toxins.

Skin problems occur because of toxins being eliminated through the skin, but also because the body externalizes healing to the skin to protect vital inner organs.

Excessive mucus will also be created in order to clear out toxins, which occur in the nose, sinuses, throat, bronchial tubes, lungs, digestive tract, etc. This does not mean there is an infection present, therefore the symptoms should not be suppressed. This is a time when your body needs help with its detoxifying efforts.

The most important aspect of the healing crisis is to never go to extremes when making changes to your diet or life style. It is important to gradually introduce changes one at a time, allowing the body to adapt to the changes and adjust itself.

Trying to change too many things at once can be counter-productive, discouraging and postpone the goal of overall superior health. Make changes one step at a time. As you make positive changes to your diet or life style and as each one becomes well-integrated into your daily routine, they will replace old "bad" habits with new "good" habits resulting in a healthier happier existence with your body. This also allows your body to do its job better, which is healing and maintaining health. For more articles see the "Healing Naturally" articles.

Hering's Law of Cures

These natural laws can be very comforting when it appears as if your symptoms are too severe or are lasting too long.

1. Symptoms of a chronic disease disappear in definite order, going in reverse through every illness, symptom, disease, ache, pain or injury. This called "re-tracing." During "re-tracing" you will not experience the "actual" disease, injury or illness. It will be a much milder form that is more like a "copy" of it.
2. It takes about one month of natural healing for every year the symptoms have been present.
3. Healing progresses from the more vital organs to the less vital organs; from inside of the body towards the skin and from the top of the body down.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:34 AM   #590

Hering's Law of Cures

These natural laws can be very comforting when it appears as if your symptoms are too severe or are lasting too long.

1. Symptoms of a chronic disease disappear in definite order, going in reverse through every illness, symptom, disease, ache, pain or injury. This called "re-tracing." During "re-tracing" you will not experience the "actual" disease, injury or illness. It will be a much milder form that is more like a "copy" of it.
2. It takes about one month of natural healing for every year the symptoms have been present.
3. Healing progresses from the more vital organs to the less vital organs; from inside of the body towards the skin and from the top of the body down.

OMG, I am truly LIVING this right now.

I got over that horrible die off with the brain fog, flu, PMS etc...

I thought "Hey, I have turned a corner".

I did, but I'm not done yet.

This might be TMI, but I'm going to share it anyways, Just in case it might help someone.

A few years ago, I had this horrible pain. My Candida was full blown and I wasn't really doing anything about it with diet or anything.

The Pain was in the Anal area and I had swelling and the worst pain I have ever experienced. I finally couldn't take it anymore. I went to the Doctor and it was a "Anal Fistula". He "lanced" it, the pain INSTANTLY left! He told me what a "Trooper" I was and that he had seen grown men cry over something like that. Anyways, 1 1/2 cups of infection came out of there! Of coarse, I had to go on an antibiotic for awhile and that made things even worse.

Then it happened again (Again I wasn't following any anti-candida thing).
The Pain was so intense, then it bursted on it's own! It was the same amount of fluid. Of coarse I went to the doctor and he put me on an anti-biotic again. He told me if it were to happen again, I need to think about "Surgery" because I can't live like that.

Well...I did low carb and then when I started taking Coconut oil...things changed. It's like I was Healed!!! It didn't need "drained" by me, once in awhile, anymore. I truly was getting a Healing and avoiding surgery.

Well....Guess what is back?? I'm not in intense pain. It's starting to swell and is very tender. Boy is that "Hering's Law of Cures" TRUE!!!

I'm going to continue on. Work my way through this. I'd like to avoid the antibiotic. I think this is just the "Hering's Law of Cures" and I don't want to have to do this over and over again (Because I would get an antibiotic for it if I went to the doctor). I'm also not going to be STUPID either. I will keep an intense eye on this.

But, everything does seem to be showing up "backwards" and the symptoms truly are going from the head down.

Just thought I would "Share" That.

Last edited by Tooter; 09-25-2008 at 09:39 AM..
Old 09-25-2008, 09:41 AM   #591
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Reading that, it sounds like I'm going to have healing symptoms for almost 3 years - I was 6 when I got my first yeast infection.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:45 AM   #592

Quote:

Reading that, it sounds like I'm going to have healing symptoms for almost 3 years - I was 6 when I got my first yeast infection.
It will take some of us longer then Others to get to the "Balance" point.

I am going to be one of those people.

I don't think it's the symptoms that are going to take that long (and the retracing), but the point of being at a "balance" and "Healed" will take longer.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:50 AM   #593

I think this is the real critical point where we have to be really supportive of each other.

My family has looked at me and said "What in the Heck are you doing"??

They see it as me getting sick and all those old illness' coming back.

It's like... "Why don't you just go back to what you were doing before because you were healed".

I think it's kinda shocking to them. They don't understand it. Combine that with our own frustration...

So, I'm giving myself a pep talk here and it's also for anyone else who needs it.

I'm not going to fart around with this thing anymore. I want it over with and done the right way.

No pretense at healing...I want to be REALLY healed.

Ok, vent over.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:49 AM   #594
aka fuelmanswife

Thanks for the advice on oil pulling. I did try it once a year or so ago and couldn't handle it. Maybe that was because I started off with too much oil. I'll try it again with a tiny amount. Thanks again!
Old 09-25-2008, 01:40 PM   #595
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kathy76
Stats: (313)282/167/155-160
Start Date: 9/19/05
I cannot believe how fast I am going through the CO!!!! I guess I am going to have to get an order around for Netrition

I have been oil pulling for a couple of days now, at first I didn't realize I was supposed to spit it out when I was done But I guess it does make sense to dispose of all the yucky stuff
Old 09-25-2008, 02:24 PM   #596
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kristin4
Stats: 260.8 /233/ 150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 8/9/08
Ok, earlier I posted a response to my oil pulling episode but...
I have no idea where I posted it! LOL!! Gosh I do not even know if I was on the right site. This fog is getting wayyyy to thick.
If anyone sees it on LCF could you let me know. I guess I need to check and see where oh where my missing post got too.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:33 PM   #597
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dee1904
WOE: JUDD
Will Charcoal caps help absorb the toxins released by the yeast die off?
Old 09-25-2008, 02:34 PM   #598

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy76 View Post
I cannot believe how fast I am going through the CO!!!! I guess I am going to have to get an order around for Netrition

I have been oil pulling for a couple of days now, at first I didn't realize I was supposed to spit it out when I was done But I guess it does make sense to dispose of all the yucky stuff
Yes, spit it out! Don't spit it in the sink. Spit it in the trash.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:35 PM   #599

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee1904 View Post
Will Charcoal caps help absorb the toxins released by the yeast die off?
I don't know, but that's a GREAT question.

Maybe Fawn could let us know.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:36 PM   #600

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin4 View Post
Ok, earlier I posted a response to my oil pulling episode but...
I have no idea where I posted it! LOL!! Gosh I do not even know if I was on the right site. This fog is getting wayyyy to thick.
If anyone sees it on LCF could you let me know. I guess I need to check and see where oh where my missing post got too.

Are you going to leave us hanging?

Spill. Repost about it! lol
Closed Thread