Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Candida and Yeast
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 02:20 PM   #541
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: WenB
Stats: 311 (h)/247.8 (i)/241 (c)/20-24% Body Fat (g)
WOE: Lap Band - Atkins Modified for Candida - BMR
Start Date: Induction on 7/22/08; Surgery 12/06
I've been having....certian eliminaton problems today...along with tummy cramps.

Could this be a reaction to one little ole teaspoon of CO and two of ACV?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2008, 02:25 PM   #542
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emslight
Stats: 160/Goal:130-133 (5ft 6)
WOE: Very High Fat/Yeast Free
Start Date: 8 April 2008
Now I just need to find a brand in the UK!

My score in the test was actually quite low - 14%. I know I'm not the worst case but there are things I know are caused by candida - digestive problems, skin problems, fuzzy tongue etc. and the die off I've been having is definitely a sign that I have it.

On a plus note, I have felt a lot lot better today and at times I have even felt wonderful -full of energy and clear headed. I do seem to be having inceased digestive issues though since upping the co/acv - a bit of stomach pain, some burping/reflux and i have also not been to the loo for 3 days which is not like me as I am usually regular (sorry if TMI!) Anyone else having this? Plus, my god, this ulcer in my mouth is a whopper and quite painful.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:25 PM   #543
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Margot 65
Absolutely wenb...

there is going be be a surge of symptoms over the next few days as you work your way up to the dosages.

Keep it up, I think it will be more than worth it!

The die off can start immediately... so keep posting and we will walk you through it.

PS: I bought some pau d'arco (pedARko it is pronounced BTW) and some oil of oregano (caps) and a good garlic capsule. I have a feeling step 3 is right around the corner and I am well armed!!

(actually the pau d'arco can be started at any time )
Old 09-24-2008, 02:28 PM   #544
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

I'm going to stick with the one tsp for a week - I can't afford to start throwing up - it can put me in the hospital needing surgery. I figure that the symptoms will be at a managable point by then and I'll go to two tsps.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:44 PM   #545
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Lisab

I never meant to discount allergies at all! I would certainly want to know if I was allergic to shrimp or bees or peanuts! That would be devastating! I had my eldest son tested for allergies because he was having a hard time in the winter and playing outside. He was diagnosed with exercise induced asthma by the pediatrician--went and got all the paraphenalia cause I was guilted into it and never used them. I truly didn't think that was the problem so I set him up to be allergy tested and turns out that he is allergic to grass. Might outgrow it, might not. Now what to do with that info? Nothing--not a da** thing! He was told not to go outside when the grass is being cut! And he couldn't cut grass for us when he got to be old enough. What 10 year old can be held in all weekend when the neighbors are cutting grass, or doesn't want to roll down a perfectly good hill now and then? His back still gets itchy with no relief, all we know now is that it is the grass doing it. He still has trouble being in the cold weather and being outside exercising--like basketball or football. Just saying that the docs haven't impressed me in my 38 years.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:07 PM   #546
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: TinaBina
WOE: L/C
My score was 181, 32%.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:10 PM   #547
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: duece49424
Stats: 230 start 3/16/10..lifetime goal 150
WOE: low carb/healthylifestyle - struggling with binges
My score was 45%...I noticed something in ****** today. Trying to eat to my BMR and by adding coconut oil, my fat and protein were the same for today. Does that seem really high to anyone? Should that be of any concern to me? My calories were 1450, carbs 15, but wow...far at 85
Old 09-24-2008, 03:10 PM   #548
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WenB View Post
I'm going to stick with the one tsp for a week - I can't afford to start throwing up - it can put me in the hospital needing surgery. I figure that the symptoms will be at a managable point by then and I'll go to two tsps.
wenB you are absolutely on track... by listening to your body (unlike what we have been doing in the past...) you will know when it is time to move on.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:12 PM   #549
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duece49424 View Post
My score was 45%...I noticed something in ****** today. Trying to eat to my BMR and by adding coconut oil, my fat and protein were the same for today. Does that seem really high to anyone? Should that be of any concern to me? My calories were 1450, carbs 15, but wow...far at 85
what were your percentages duece? (fat/protein/carbs)
Old 09-24-2008, 03:19 PM   #550
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Okay, this has to be die-off

I've spent more time in the bathroom than out of it this afternoon, I'm itching in places nice ladies don't scratch in public, and my upper tummy (the part that's been shrinking) is HUGE!

Why do I have the feeling that this is the tip of the iceberg?
Old 09-24-2008, 03:38 PM   #551
Senior LCF Member

Prozak - Fats were 103 - 66.4%; Carbs 15 - 4.4%; Protein 102 - 29.3%...

when I bring up the percentages it makes no sense to me as the fats (103) and Protein (102) are so close. Calories were right on for my BMR at 1450.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:32 PM   #552
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BusyBeeMommy
Stats: 231/225/200 Goal Size: 12/13 Current Size: 20
WOE: Phase 2 Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/2013
I am all about that Bubbies company!! Definitely checking that out next shopping trip!!
Old 09-24-2008, 05:28 PM   #553
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Prozak - Fats were 103 - 66.4%; Carbs 15 - 4.4%; Protein 102 - 29.3%...

when I bring up the percentages it makes no sense to me as the fats (103) and Protein (102) are so close. Calories were right on for my BMR at 1450.
your percentages are right on!! :cool

Fat grams, carb grams and grams of protein not equal... so that is why we look at total ratios for comparison rather than comparing grams.

Even when doing Atkins, people try to achieve those near perfect ratios: (65/30/5) and have a hard time, so if you are merely listening to your body and feeding it what it really needs, you are WAY ahead of the game

I am impressed... you really should be proud!
Old 09-24-2008, 05:30 PM   #554
Senior LCF Member

Prozak - wow...you just made my day..I had no idea..thank you so much for letting me know.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:34 PM   #555
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Prozak - wow...you just made my day..I had no idea..thank you so much for letting me know.
it really is amazing at how out of tune we have become with our bodies isn't it?

You are so on the right track.. I know of many women here who would LOVE to eat like that without having to try and measure and plan and count and etc etc etc!

Keep it up
Old 09-24-2008, 05:36 PM   #556
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Okay, this has to be die-off

I've spent more time in the bathroom than out of it this afternoon, I'm itching in places nice ladies don't scratch in public, and my upper tummy (the part that's been shrinking) is HUGE!

Why do I have the feeling that this is the tip of the iceberg?
I can probably say those are textbook symptoms of die off.

I know it is hard, but be grateful for all of it... because it is showing you that your body really does know what it is doing!

Old 09-24-2008, 06:21 PM   #557
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

I *so* didn't want to take the CO and ACV tonight. I decided to do it just before dinner, so I didn't taste it very long.

I'm now sitting here with a killer headache, and fuzzy vision - started about an hour after the tonic.

Blecht!

What's going to happen next?
Old 09-24-2008, 07:49 PM   #558
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SLynnB
L-Glutamine Question

Bought a bottle of the pills last night, 500 mg, yeast and sugar and starch free.

Then was reading that you need to take it with B6. So, how much L-Glutamine should one aim for and how much B6.

Thanks,

Sheryl, who kept falling asleep at work after having a great morning.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:52 PM   #559

Gallery: fawn
Quote:
I *so* didn't want to take the CO and ACV tonight. I decided to do it just before dinner, so I didn't taste it very long.

I'm now sitting here with a killer headache, and fuzzy vision - started about an hour after the tonic.

Blecht!

What's going to happen next?
Well, you'll turn green, one of your fingers might fall off and flies will be circling all around youah wen.....I'm sorry! It's a crummy feeling but you'll get through it. Some symptoms might be acne, more bloat, general malaise, itchy scratchy feelings. You kind of feel generally gross. I like to explain it as the few days before TOM with a hangover.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:43 PM   #560
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Snowangel81598
Stats: 205/153/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Jan. 2003, Restarted (after 2 babies) Oct. 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman815 View Post
So this is my very first post on LCF, but I have been doing Atkins for a while. I have actually lost close to 50lbs. I actually tried to do the Anti-Candida diet and it wiped me out. I was always tired and often times felt quesy. Just this week I went back to just doing Low-carb and so far I seem to be feeling better. My biggest problem at this point is that I often feel like I am constipated, but I am not because I do go once or twice a day. I will definatley give the coconut oil a try sounds like it seems to be working for a lot of people here. Thank you all for your help and suggestions it is great to know that I am not alone in this.
Hey Snowman, great job on the 50 lbs!
That die-off is horrible, huh? I've been keeping up with this thread for a while and haven't heard anyone else mention the problem you talk about here re: feeling constipated when you actually aren't.

Fawn? Allie? Do either of you know anything about this?
Old 09-25-2008, 03:37 AM   #561

Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowangel81598 View Post
Hey Snowman, great job on the 50 lbs!
That die-off is horrible, huh? I've been keeping up with this thread for a while and haven't heard anyone else mention the problem you talk about here re: feeling constipated when you actually aren't.

Fawn? Allie? Do either of you know anything about this?
With "Die off" Going on, this can also be one of the symptoms. You have a lot of stuff going on in your gut, intestines etc.. I have felt it a couple of times. I've just been more focused (or have "noticed") other die off symptoms more.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:49 AM   #562

Good Morning all!!

I felt good most of the day yesterday. Had a few "Down" times, but I think I have turned the Corner. Major improvement.

I know that Bee Wilder says that antifungals are further down the list (of things to do and when) but I wanted to bring to your attention the Antifungal "Pau D'Arco tea". Along with "Coconut oil", it is a part of her Diet plan.

Meaning...She wan'ts you to take this along with the Coconut oil.

It's not only an antifungal, but it's supposed to help with "Die off".

Here is what she said:

Antifungals (coconut oil and Pau D'Arco tea are considered part of the diet) can be started when your "die-off" symptoms have diminished after being on the diet.

Drink 4 cups of Pau D'Arco tea per day. It is a powerful antioxidant and it will help your body detoxify.

Hopefully, I will be able to get the tea tomorrow at the health food store. They do have it already made up in tea bags (to make it easier).

I'll follow the diet (with coconut oil and Pau D'arco tea) for another week before I even try to add in another antifungal.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:04 AM   #563

I don't know if anyone is interested in this, but I do "Oil pulling".

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/vi...l-pulling.html

I kind of got slack in it, with doing the Candida Diet and detox. Got back to it in full force and it's really been helping with the die off.

If you have a lot of excess mucus in your thoat and nose...This will break it up and have it come out.

Of coarse I do the "oil pulling" with Coconut oil.

This will also really help with the "Sweaters" on the teeth and also the oral "Thrush" that people have symptoms of.

I'm a true "believer" in it.

It's not something you HAVE to do for the Candida diet thing...It's just something that I have found very helpful.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:33 AM   #564

YEAST AND INFLAMMATION

Know The Cause News Letters Articles

YEAST AND INFLAMMATION

Article by Carolyn Dean, MD, ND

Inflammation is a HOT topic; an Internet search on the word turns up an overwhelming 37.5 million hits. Journals of inflammation, inflammation research associations, and drug companies are all scrambling to find a drug to treat this scourge. The cover story blazing through flickering flames on a February 2004 issue of TIME magazine notified the public about “The Secret Killer: The Surprising Link between Inflammation and Heart Attacks, Cancer, Alzheimer's and Other Diseases.” The lead in to the story was just as dramatic: “The Fires Within - Inflammation is the body's first defense against infection, but when it goes awry, it can lead to heart attacks, colon cancer, Alzheimer's and a host of other diseases.”

How can a simple infection lead to heart attacks and cancer? That’s exactly where inflammation begins; it’s the first response of your immune system to an infecting organism or foreign material that trips a switch leading to a “cascade” of biochemical events. Fluid floods the infected area along with a dozen different chemicals including white blood cells and histamine –all capable of producing the signs of inflammation –redness, swelling, and pain.

The extensive TIME article focused on the miraculous drugs that are in the pipeline to defeat this foe. It was obvious, however, that the authors and researchers they interviewed really didn’t understand inflammation, otherwise they would know that synthetic drugs do not treat it. By their very nature as toxins that the body is designed to attack, drugs are actually a primary source of inflammation.

Also in 2004, there were countless headlines about the anti-inflammatory drug, Vioxx, the cause of an estimated 140,000 heart attacks. In fact, when properly studied, most anti-inflammatory drugs were found to have serious side effects, mostly involving the heart. So, along with the unveiling of inflammation, we learned that the “cure” for it might be more deadly than the disease. In 2006, it appears that the only drugs that are being promoted to treat the inflammation associated with chronic diseases are the cholesterol-lowering statins. Yet, this is another family of drugs with a checkered history of serious side effects including severe muscle pain and muscle tissue breakdown, global amnesia, and liver damage.

In the TIME article, there was no mention that obesity causes inflammation, or that the levels of the inflammation marker, C-Reactive Protein (CRP), drop dramatically when overweight people lose as little as ten pounds. There was also no discussion about the inflammatory role played by the yeast, Candida albicans, a common inhabitant of our intestines that can grow out of control. In what appears to be a concerted effort to ignore yeast overgrowth in our population, conventional medicine has not informed practicing doctors of yeast’s dangers.

WHAT IS YEAST?
In brief, Candida albicans is a fungus living in our intestines that produces 180 chemical toxins capable of making you feel dizzy and fatigued, shutting down your thyroid, throwing your hormones off balance, and causing you to crave sugar and alcohol, and gain weight. It’s associated with PMS, loss of libido, painful intercourse, infertility, numbness, tingling, MS, Crohn’s, colitis, IBS, acne, Lupus, insomnia, drowsiness, white tongue, breath bad, body odor, sinusitis, bruising, sore throat, bronchitis, shortness of breath, heart palpitations, spots in front of eyes, and dozens more symptoms.

To the great detriment of the health of our society, this and other fungi are growing rampant in a large proportion of the population –mostly women. It’s one of the many diseases of civilization – the culmination of the side effects of drug and food technology and the disservices of our stressful way of life. The miracle of antibiotics has its downside as an underlying cause of yeast overgrowth. The refining of sugar and wheat has its downside by creating a simple food source for yeast. The tremendous levels of stress hormones that flood our bodies daily, hourly, and every minute in our sped up world also make us prey to yeast.

Leaky Gut: An Open Door To Our Tissues
In the absence of competition, yeast colonies grow into all the empty nooks and crannies of the large intestine and even the small intestine. It is a scientific fact that, when yeast cells reach a certain critical mass, they change from a round budding stage to a thread-like tissue-invasive stage. They are running out of food and looking for more, so they pack their bags and emigrate to the small intestine from their main home in the large intestine.

In the small intestine, the yeast threads poke microscopic holes in the intestinal lining. Such a phenomenon is called “leaky gut” – a superhighway to the blood stream with nothing to block toxins trickling across the gut lining. Instead of absorbing life-giving nutrients through an intact intestinal wall, yeast’s chemical by-products, (all 180 of them), and the inflammatory products they produce, (undigested food molecules, toxins, and other chemicals), take a one-way ride.

Yeast and Inflammation
When yeast toxins hit the blood stream, they trigger widespread inflammatory reactions by either directly attacking tissues or creating allergic reactions. Some of the mycotoxins like acetaldehyde, alcohol, zymosan, arabinitol, and gliotoxin have been named by mycologists.

Acetaldehyde is produced when yeast digests sugar. It is a particularly potent toxin that can damage all the tissues in the body including the brain. It is also produced when you drink alcohol, breathe the exhaust from cars, and smoke cigarettes. What most people don’t know is that yeast also produces alcohol in the body—enough to make some people feel drunk and give a positive reading on a Breathalyzer test. When alcohol breaks down in the body, it produces acetaldehyde. If you have yeast overgrowth and also drink alcohol, you are hit with a double dose of acetaldehyde hangover or brain fog. In actual fact, most people with yeast overgrowth can’t touch alcohol because it makes them feel so rotten.

Acetaldehyde readily combines with red blood cells, proteins, and enzymes; travels to all parts of the body; and even passes through the blood brain barrier. It damages the structure of red blood cells making them unable to squeeze through tiny capillaries to convey oxygen to needy tissues. Acetaldehyde also blocks the attachment of oxygen to red blood cells. Your brain uses 20 percent of all the oxygen that you inhale but stiff red blood cells cut down that amount considerably, leaving you gasping for air and feeling whoozy. Acetaldehyde damages nerve cells, induces deficiencies of an important nerve vitamin, B1 (thiamine), the energy and neurotransmitter vitamin, B 3 (niacin), and vitamin B5, which is crucial for normal brain function.

Zymosan causes inflammation and has been directly associated with psoriasis. Arabinitol attacks the immune system, nervous system, and the brain. And gliotoxin disrupts the DNA in white blood cells killing them outright. Other toxins account for the long list of symptoms attributed to yeast overgrowth and that are eliminated when yeast is brought under control. Researchers have also proven that Candida antibodies cross react with all tissues in the body that have been tested. That type of cross reactivity sets the stage for autoimmune disease.

Weight gain is very common in yeast overgrowth. Our bodies create pounds of fluid retention in an attempt to dilute the inflammatory toxins that yeast produces. Over time, tissue toxins and fluid build up lead to cellulite and weight gain. The gas produced by yeast can cause abdominal bloating that can increase your waist size up to 6 inches from one meal to the next.

Where’s the Cure?
Unfortunately, the treatment for yeast does not lie in a pill, as many women have learned. Even if your doctor is one of the few who does recognize yeast overgrowth, the most common treatment recommended is a week or two of antifungal medications. Most doctors don’t understand that yeast overgrowth requires much more.

• Diet: avoid sugar, wheat and dairy as well as fermented foods, and alcohol.
Probiotics, (good bacteria)
• Antifungal supplements: garlic (eat one or two cloves a day), oil of oregano (take 2-3 capsules per day) and grapefruit seed extract (take two to three capsules per day) or take a formula that also includes caprylic acid, pau D’Arco, and others.
• Exercise every day, at least 30 minutes, to move the lymph circulation that clears toxins from the body.
• De-stress with prayer, meditation, breathing exercises, and/or yoga to reduce the amount of natural cortisol that stimulates yeast overgrowth.

It is mainly through diet and lifestyle change that you can overcome yeast overgrowth—but you can overcome it and reduce the amount of inflammation in your life with some effort and support.

Dr. Carolyn Dean MD ND
Proficient in both conventional and alternative medicine, Dr. Dean offers Consultations for Health by Phone. Her website is Dr. Carolyn Dean, M.D., N.D. and email address is drdean@carolyndean.com.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:36 AM   #565

IS THE BRAIN AFFECTED BY FUNGUS?

Know The Cause News Letters Articles

IS THE BRAIN AFFECTED BY FUNGUS?

It’s the holiday season and how am I spending it? By cleaning the mess that is affectionately called “my office.” Computers and data bases should have long replaced my antiquated filing system, but in the case of this specific newsletter, I’m glad I did it the old way!

Ten years ago, someone sent me a newspaper clipping on Alzheimer’s disease. The headline read THIRD GENE LINKED TO ALZHEIMER’S. Amazingly, today with my trusty computer now on my desk, I printed a recent medical article entitled, POSSIBLE NEW ALZHEIMER’S GENE IDENTIFIED. Ten years later, they’re still using our tax dollars to fund the Alzheimer’s “gene theory.” Mark these words, ten years from now, in my December 2017 newsletter, I’ll be telling you of a “groundbreaking” new gene discovered in Alzheimer’s patients.

On May 11, 1995, The Fort Worth Star Telegram reported that researchers had discovered that Alzheimer’s disease and clogged arteries were linked. Of course, A.V. Costantini, MD discovered the Alzheimer’s disease link to atherosclerosis (clogged arteries) long ago. The difference is that Dr. Costantini implicated fungus and the poisons they produce (mycotoxins) as the cause of both diseases, whereas these researchers merely conveyed their findings regarding the Alzheimer’s disease/atherosclerosis link to a group of about 6,000 experts on the human nervous system attending a conference in Seattle, without ever proposing a cause. Wouldn’t you think that one expert attending that conference 12 years ago would have figured out what has been documented in his own scientific literature for decades; that certain mycotoxins are neurotoxins? Dr. Costantini’s discovery was not new. If you ever have the opportunity, read Mary Kilbourne Matossian’s wonderful book, POISONS OF THE PAST. You won’t be able to put the book down. Matossian teaches the reader that the 17th Century Salem Witch Hunt has little to do with witches and a lot to do with the fungus impregnated grains that those accused of being witches ate. On a similar note, just the other day, I read that the “curse” levied upon Lord Carnarvon, the man who sponsored the archeologic expedition that led to the discovery of King Tut’s tomb in Eqypt in 1922, may not have been a “curse” at all! Carnarvon died shortly after opening the tomb, leading speculators to believe that he was somehow cursed for discovering the king’s mummified remains. It seems that foods like meat and vegetables were placed inside the tomb with King Tut. More recently scientists have discovered two species of Aspergillus mold, each capable of causing human illness, in other tombs. Some brilliant scientist (and I mean that) discovered that inhaling toxic mold may have led to Carnarvon’s untimely demise. From this information, we can logically deduce that old foodstuffs and the fungus they are impregnated with can cause brain damage. We also learn that the Salem “witches,” although they suffered from tremendous neurological issues, were actually suffering from grain (mycotoxin) induced mental dysfunction. In my humbled opinion, this is EXACTLY what is causing millions of American psychiatry and neurologist office visits today. Yet nary a one suspects fungus!

Ruth Etzel, PhD, M.D. published in The Journal of The American Medical Association (JAMA-01/02) that we Americans eat the equivalent of 0.15-0.25mg of mycotoxins daily and that the lethal dose is somewhere in the 20-25mg range. Consumption of smaller amounts of mycotoxins in our grains would likely not cause immediate neurologic collapse, rather, like any poison, smaller amounts over long periods of time would kill tissues slowly and methodically. Parkinson’s, dementia and Alzheimer’s disease do not occur suddenly. Rather, as science has taught us, they take decades to develop. If mycotoxins were the cause of neurologic changes that these doctors see, surely the number of cases would be steadily rising as mycotoxin exposure (grains, alcohol, antibiotics, etc…)has dramatically increased in the past decade!

My old newspaper article indicated that there were 4,000,000 cases of Parkinson’s in America ten years ago. Now Alzheimer's Association | Home states that over 5,000,000 Americans have Parkinson’s and every 72 seconds someone new develops it! It is unfortunate that physicians do not know that mycotoxins are well documented scientifically as being capable of inducing brain problems. If they did, new drugs would be in the development phase immediately...but is the answer more drugs?

Many of you have reported to me of your success with a changed diet and natural products that assist your body in eradicating fungus. Remember that fungal exposure is as chronic as your symptoms and that analogy isn’t coincidental! Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Years. Why not begin the new year by testing this approach to wellness? Blessings to you all! Doug
Old 09-25-2008, 05:24 AM   #566
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kristin4
Stats: 260.8 /233/ 150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 8/9/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
Good Morning all!!

I felt good most of the day yesterday. Had a few "Down" times, but I think I have turned the Corner. Major improvement.

I know that Bee Wilder says that anti fungals are further down the list (of things to do and when) but I wanted to bring to your attention the Anti fungal "Pau D'Arco tea". Along with "Coconut oil", it is a part of her Diet plan.

Meaning...She wants you to take this along with the Coconut oil.

It's not only an anti fungal, but it's supposed to help with "Die off".

Here is what she said:

Anti fungals (coconut oil and Pau D'Arco tea are considered part of the diet) can be started when your "die-off" symptoms have diminished after being on the diet.

Drink 4 cups of Pau D'Arco tea per day. It is a powerful antioxidant and it will help your body detoxify.

Hopefully, I will be able to get the tea tomorrow at the health food store. They do have it already made up in tea bags (to make it easier).

I'll follow the diet (with coconut oil and Pau D'arco tea) for another week before I even try to add in another antifungal.
Tooter,
I was wondering if you also switch every 5 days with oil of oregano and grapefruit seed? I notice a difference when I switched 2 days ago. I read somewhere that switching these 2 supplements every 5 days helps keep the yeast from getting used to one kind. The link you gave us says that the Oil of Oregano is really strong, I think the grapefruit seed extract is stronger for me. Just my observation, it could be different for everyone, I guess.
Just wondering if you have added the other stuff yet. The tea you mention is supposed to be mild, not causing heavy die off, right?

260 259 258 257 256 255 254 253 252 251 250 249 248 247 246 245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234
[COLOR="Red"]233[/COLOR] 232 231 230
Old 09-25-2008, 05:43 AM   #567
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Caty
How much coconut oil and ACV do I take and how do I store it?

I bought the jungle coconut yesterday and it was solid when I opened it - this morning it was liquid and I spilled it all over the counter. What a mess, then I remember that you talked about putting on you skin - now I smell delicious.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:47 AM   #568

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin4 View Post
Tooter,
I was wondering if you also switch every 5 days with oil of oregano and grapefruit seed? I notice a difference when I switched 2 days ago. I read somewhere that switching these 2 supplements every 5 days helps keep the yeast from getting used to one kind. The link you gave us says that the Oil of Oregano is really strong, I think the grapefruit seed extract is stronger for me. Just my observation, it could be different for everyone, I guess.
Just wondering if you have added the other stuff yet. The tea you mention is supposed to be mild, not causing heavy die off, right?
I haven't gotten to the really strong antifungals yet. After I add in the Tea, and get used to that for about a week...I'll start to add in the stronger antifungals.

I agree, I think it would be good to alternate them... every few days or every week. Keep those yeast/beasts guessing!

Yes, the tea is a mild antifungal that also helps strengthen the Immune system.

I'm taking it slow. Not rushing. I don't want major die off.

I have a feeling (Since I have had this from the time I was 16) that I have to do this stuff a lot longer then most people.

Some people can get through this in a few months. Me? It will be over a year...Maybe even 2 (but I am jumping ahead of myself). lol
Old 09-25-2008, 05:57 AM   #569

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caty View Post
How much coconut oil and ACV do I take and how do I store it?

I bought the jungle coconut yesterday and it was solid when I opened it - this morning it was liquid and I spilled it all over the counter. What a mess, then I remember that you talked about putting on you skin - now I smell delicious.
The Goal is to work your way up to about 5 tablespoons of Coconut oil.

Start out SLOW!!! This is for 2 reasons. You want to prime your gallbladder. Most people aren't used to high fat in their diet and it takes your gallbladder time to adjust. The other reason is that Coconut oil will cause strong die off if you take too much at once. Also, space the coconut oil out, through out the day. This will keep you from some of the symptoms.

I take it in my coffee or tea. Start out with a Teaspoon in the morning and another in the afternoon. See how you do. If it's "Good", then add more in the next day. If you find it's "too much"....Cut back a little, wait a few days and try to go higher again.

The ACV. Start out with a tablespoon in a glass of water. You can add stevia to it. Try to take it 3 times a day.

ACV should not be stored in the fridge. The cold could hurt the "Mother" with the living enzymes. Just store it in your kitchen cupboard.

Coconut oil? If you put it in the fridge it will turn ROCK hard. I just have it in my Kitchen Cupboard (Along with the ACV). Above 76* it turns to a liquid. Below that, it's a solid. Sort of like "Crisco". It has a long shelf life.

Coconut oil is GREAT for your skin!!!! I used to get awful razor burns, from shaving my legs. Nothing worked to get rid of them. Now, after I shave my legs I put coconut oil on my legs and I no longer get razor burns or bumps.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:02 AM   #570
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Caty
Thanks Tooter
Closed Thread