Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 07:24 AM   #451
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emslight
Stats: 160/Goal:130-133 (5ft 6)
WOE: Very High Fat/Yeast Free
Start Date: 8 April 2008
This is the product. Do you get this brand in the US?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8dcd_1.JPG (20.2 KB, 64 views)

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2008, 07:29 AM   #452
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by losin4good1980 View Post
Tooter - I read your beginning post and I can't help but feel so sorry for everything you went through! I'm so happy you listened to yourself in the end and finally figured out what was wrong ~ I think our Dr's may have been separated from birth!

I was hoping to get a bit of advice. I've been taking the ACV in hopes to rid my body of excess fluid and for the extra energy it gives me, but now I'm wondering if maybe I'm a prime candidate for excess yeast?

Here are my symptoms that I've pulled from the list from the beginning page...
sore throat that will come and go within a day, I've had a stuffy nose for the past 4 years - not runny or anything - just kinda clogged, mood swings, I'm always either freezing or too hot - never a nice balance (My feet can be freezing sometimes even when it's hot as heck outside/inside!), I'm either constipated or have diarrhea - never normal BM's, recurrent yeast infections - although I haven't had one in more than a year - but speaking of which, I've had BV a few times too, very dry skin - the dermatologist told me when I was 16 that I had "crocodile skin" and that it'll go away on it's own some day (it looks like I have goose bumps 24/7), dandruff/dry scalp (but I think that's an extension of my crocodile skin (LOL), VERY low sex drive, and last but not least, the one that confuses the heck out of me - my belly button (innie) STINKS! And I wash it with a Qtip like all the time.. and I DO get the soap out...

*sigh*

Am I a mess or what...
do you think the ACV and CO would do wonders on me?

Thanks SO much for any help you can give..
Have you ever had your thyroid levels properly tested? I would check out the sticky on this in the health forum-a lot of your symptoms sounds like hypothrroidism. The thing with your belly button sounds like a good old yeast infection-happens in skin folds sometimes. I use my Claritin toner and let it get lots of air when this happens to me.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:31 AM   #453
Senior LCF Member

Tooter - thanks for posting the Bee Wilder info. I did get a bit overwhelmed with what she had to say, especially about supplements because she even said we don't need digestive enzymes, which I had always thought were essential. I've decided to go entirely with her supplement suggestions - I just need one way to do things at the mo rather than adding in other things I've picked up elsewhere. So off the top of my head this is what I will be taking:

cod liver/fish oil
vit b complex
vit c
vit e
magnesium and calcium

plus
garlic
coconut oil
and i am also taking ACV/ trying to find saurekraut to eat

Like you mentioned, I'll add the probiotics in once this lot is established.

Gosh, so much to work out despite our brains having turned to mush. I can't work out whether I am just totally self centred to be investing this much time into my own (and my family's) health or that other are plain stupid not to give their health a second thought. OK, don't answer that one, I think I know the right answer
Old 09-23-2008, 07:58 AM   #454

Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by emslight View Post
Tooter - thanks for posting the Bee Wilder info. I did get a bit overwhelmed with what she had to say, especially about supplements because she even said we don't need digestive enzymes, which I had always thought were essential. I've decided to go entirely with her supplement suggestions - I just need one way to do things at the mo rather than adding in other things I've picked up elsewhere. So off the top of my head this is what I will be taking:

cod liver/fish oil
vit b complex
vit c
vit e
magnesium and calcium

plus
garlic
coconut oil
and i am also taking ACV/ trying to find saurekraut to eat

Like you mentioned, I'll add the probiotics in once this lot is established.

Gosh, so much to work out despite our brains having turned to mush. I can't work out whether I am just totally self centred to be investing this much time into my own (and my family's) health or that other are plain stupid not to give their health a second thought. OK, don't answer that one, I think I know the right answer
saurekraut, I can't find any that is unpasteurized. That's the stuff we need!!! I thought just a good, canned brand would be "Ok", but after doing more reading, it's the unpasteurized that we need. The canned and most of the bagged IS pasteurized. You pretty much would have to go through a Local, small farm type place to get the good stuff we need.

OR... Make our own. Which isn't supposed to be that hard, it's just getting used to doing it.

She has directions for it on her site, I believe.

I'm just not ready to do it yet. lol I feel like my brain is swimming.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:04 AM   #455

I would also advise everyone to take a good mulitivitamin. Vitamins & minerals work synergistically in the body and if you are deficient in one area that can affect your absorption of a particular vitamin or mineral. "The Diet Cure" recommends Glucobalance or Natrol-6 capsules daily for those with health problems.

Vitamins Information Center
Old 09-23-2008, 08:41 AM   #456
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: duece49424
Stats: 230 start 3/16/10..lifetime goal 150
WOE: low carb/healthylifestyle - struggling with binges
Tooter - thanks for the great reading! You/she mentioned all the good fats/oil and recommended olive oil....am I assuming correct, that the coconut oil is still in? So, we should focus on olive oil and the coconut oil?

Also, been reading about coconut bark...what is it and how do you make it?? Thanks!
Old 09-23-2008, 08:53 AM   #457

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
FYI----If you are doing a true candida cleanse then the coconut bark would be out--if you add cocoa powder. Cocoa powder, or any chocolate for that matter, is a big no-no on the anti candida diet.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:55 AM   #458
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: duece49424
Stats: 230 start 3/16/10..lifetime goal 150
WOE: low carb/healthylifestyle - struggling with binges
thanks, Dawn....guess I'll try it later.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:05 AM   #459

Quote:
Originally Posted by duece49424 View Post
Tooter - thanks for the great reading! You/she mentioned all the good fats/oil and recommended olive oil....am I assuming correct, that the coconut oil is still in? So, we should focus on olive oil and the coconut oil?

Also, been reading about coconut bark...what is it and how do you make it?? Thanks!
Normal healthy oils. She concentrates on Coconut oil, butter and olive oil.

The oils we all mentioned on here are fine. It's the vegetable oils (with the exception of Olive oil) that are bad for us.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:08 AM   #460
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Margot 65
And it MUST BE VIRGIN (at the very least, better yet Extra Virgin) Coconut Oil.

And cod liver oil is a MUST (minimum 1tsp per/50lb of body weight)

Last edited by Margot 65; 09-23-2008 at 09:27 AM..
Old 09-23-2008, 09:14 AM   #461

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prozak View Post

And cod liver oil is a MUST (minimum 3tsp per/50lb of body weight)
I don't have any yet and really need it. BOY, I'm feeling the dark mornings here.

I know it's my Vitamin D count.

These dark, gray mornings are KILLING ME!!

I just want to say....

HANG IN THERE, everyone!! I know the "die off" is crazy. The bursts of energy and then the SLAM of symptoms and exhaustion. It's enough to make a person think they are crazy. We just have to PUSH through this.

I know, I have had thoughts in my head of "Just go back to what you were doing before, you had no symptoms".

Nope. Can't do that. I'm tired of dealing with this stuff and I want to deal with it once and for all.

We must remember that we are having these symptoms because the yeast is dying. All those toxins are going through our bodies and bringing old symptoms back.

This will pass and we will feel better then ever!!

We can do this...As long as our families don't commit us to a Mental ward first!

Last edited by Tooter; 09-23-2008 at 09:15 AM..
Old 09-23-2008, 09:20 AM   #462

Quote:

And cod liver oil is a MUST (minimum 3tsp per/50lb of body weight)
Are you sure you aren't talking about 4 tbls of co a day? I would puke and get diahrhea if I ingested 4 tbls of CLO along with 6 tbls of co too. It's YMMV when it comes to the oils. Mary Enig has a chart in her book for co and at my weight she recommends 6 tbl a day of co to heal but she states its YMMV some can't handle this much oil. I simply can't-I do the recommended 3 tbls of co a day for health and this is the level my body can tolerate. A good mulitvitamin will also help take care of the Vitamin A requirements.

Last edited by lisabinil; 09-23-2008 at 09:21 AM..
Old 09-23-2008, 09:24 AM   #463
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ABSOLUTELY TOOTER!!!

We have come this far there is no sense in ever going back.

I actually ordered a LITER of CLO from the Carlson's website... I cannot get it unless I drive to Edmonton 2.5 hours away (I hate the city.....)

Considering that by December it is dark when the kids go to school and dark by 4:30, there is no getting around ALL of us taking it every.single.day. (2 hours of full sunlight on 85% of our exposed skin every day is a stretch up her in JULY!!!)

I also HIGHLY recommend a full spectrum lamp... hubby bought one for me last Xmas and it made a HUGE difference how I felt. Only 20-30 minutes a day is needed... I would set it up behind my laptop to shine on my face.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:29 AM   #464
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry I meant 1tsp per 50lbs of body weight of CLO. I corrected it (I take 3, that us where that came from).

Coconut oil is recommended 5-6TB a day (for a candida cleanse..)

Vitamin A supplement (D free) is also to be added, but it depends on the brand of CLO you are taking.

Cod Liver Oil Products/Brands with Nutrient Levels
Old 09-23-2008, 09:29 AM   #465

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisabinil View Post
Are you sure you aren't talking about 4 tbls of co a day? I would puke and get diahrhea if I ingested 4 tbls of CLO along with 6 tbls of co too. It's YMMV when it comes to the oils. Mary Enig has a chart in her book for co and at my weight she recommends 6 tbl a day of co to heal but she states its YMMV some can't handle this much oil. I simply can't-I do the recommended 3 tbls of co a day for health and this is the level my body can tolerate. A good mulitvitamin will also help take care of the Vitamin A requirements.
I was thinking the same thing. With all that Oil (CO and CLO) how in the heck could I ever eat.

Not to mention all the ACV!!
Old 09-23-2008, 09:31 AM   #466
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I can blame my brain fog, and no one will doubt me right? LOL
Old 09-23-2008, 09:34 AM   #467
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL I found this picture (not me or anyone I know LOL)

She apparently does not like to take CLO so she goes to the extreme

Old 09-23-2008, 09:34 AM   #468

Quote:
You had me worried there girl! I was gonna say no wonder you've popped some zits-you are a walking oil slick!
Old 09-23-2008, 09:41 AM   #469
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kristin4
Stats: 260.8 /233/ 150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 8/9/08
Quote:
Ooh, ooh, ooh... i just came across a brilliant thing in my local supermarket. It's a box containing 4 mini sachets of creamed coconut. Creamed coconut is kind of like a solid block of coconut meat with solid coconut oil at the end. The texture of the 'meat' is like fudge and it tastes like the most wicked treat, lovely and sweet and fatty. To me, much more palatable than bark which I find overwhelming. Anyone what was great about this little box of sachets was that I just took one out the box and ate it as a low carb high fat snack whilst I was out. Wow. It put a curb on my hunger and gave me something to nibble on when previously a low carb snack when out and about would have been some nuts or dare I say it, a low carb bar. Each sachet has a carb count of just 2 and I think something like 300 calories - so no different to a chunk of cheese but way way better for us candida folk.

Anyway, just thought I'd share my find with you. Having a MUCH better day today than yesterday although I am now broke after spending fortunes in my health food store (supplements, coconut oil etc.)

Could you give us the name of this lovely sounding product, please??? I need something to carry with me when out and about with the kids. Sometimes I just need a little something to keep me stable.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:45 AM   #470

Quote:
I was going to comment, but I can't remember what I was going to say.

It is the brain fog.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:50 AM   #471

Quote:
LOL I found this picture (not me or anyone I know LOL)

She apparently does not like to take CLO so she goes to the extreme

I actually had been going to a local tanning salon, and would use them for just 5 to 10 minutes. Naked, of coarse! It made a world of difference to me.

It was about 10 minutes every other day. Last week I was super busy...I was going to get back to it this weekend. Then the kids all came over and I didn't have (take) the time. Then my car died and it's in the shop.

I'm really FEELING it now.

It made me realize how much it was helping me.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:59 AM   #472
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jecka8i8
WOE: Atkins + Anti-Candida
Hello all again~

I have a question about the salt baths. Right now I'm in the Dominican Republic, and so I am wondering if salty ocean water would also work? I just started this about 3 days ago, and started to feel horrible from the die off, so I took a lil trip to the beach for a few days and have gone in the ocean a few times a day. It seems each time I go in and come out I feel quite refreshed and detoxed, but not sure if it is all mental or true. Any thoughts?

I've also noticed I am extremely sensitive to airbourne molds. Here in the DR mildew is everywhere. The trees outside even have mildew on them, and at my apt. I don't have AC. Though great as a 24 hr sauna, it causes the mold to grow easily. This is also why I took a lil vacation at a resort. I noticed while in the AC my glands seem to be alright, but as soon as I hit the outside moldy air, I can feel things get stuffy. I've got some tea tree oil coming in the mail, that I will mix with some water and spray down the place as soon as I get it. Anyone else have any other ideas of how I might keep the mold down?

Sauerkraut: I'm from a very german family and we make our own. (luckily it's usually a staple in our diet, and I brought 2 giant jars with me on my travels!!!) I suggest making your own. Perhaps it is my own taste, but I really cannot stomach the store purchased kind. I can see if I can contact my grand-mum for her easy recipe.

Creamed Coconut Sachets: I haven't seen these anywhere in the states? Anyone else? They seem wonderful none the less! (my brother and his wife live in England, so perhaps I will just need to have them send some over )

Bursts of Energy: Yes I have the same thing. One minute I feel I could sleep for days, and the next I'm bouncing off the walls feeling great. It gives me hope though, that eventually I'll remain in the latter of those two

Losin4good1980: Everything you spoke of, I also had. Though my goose bump thingies were only on the under side of my forearms. I always thought I was allergic to the desk cleaner at school (back in grad school), until it never went away when I graduated. I've also had a swollen thyroid for the majority of my life, and the doc's always check it, but everything comes back normal. Later I tested for Celiac's, and recently began noticing the yeast problems. I began atkins for weightloss initially, and many of the symptoms went away, then a few came back, and now on the anti-candida they have gone away again. I think that perhaps all of what I was suffering with was from Candida, even the celiac issues (I'll try and test that theory a lil later ). So of course always talk to your doc and get things checked but I think trying the anti-candida diet will be a great choice for you, just from my own experience

Thanks again to all and it's great to read so much valuable info!

~Jecka
Old 09-23-2008, 10:16 AM   #473
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin4 View Post
Could you give us the name of this lovely sounding product, please??? I need something to carry with me when out and about with the kids. Sometimes I just need a little something to keep me stable.
Oh, for some reason I thought I wasn't allowed to name products. Last time I did I got a gentle reminder PM'd to me! That's why I put the pic in - if you look at it you can see the brand name.

Am I right in thinking this ladies?
Old 09-23-2008, 10:18 AM   #474
Senior LCF Member

Of course, if they don't sell the sachets you could just chop up chunks of the regular size and put into ziplock bags?
Old 09-23-2008, 10:20 AM   #475

Tropical Traditions sells a coconut cream concentrate-similiar to the creamed coconut.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:28 AM   #476

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecka8i8 View Post
Hello all again~

I have a question about the salt baths. Right now I'm in the Dominican Republic, and so I am wondering if salty ocean water would also work? I just started this about 3 days ago, and started to feel horrible from the die off, so I took a lil trip to the beach for a few days and have gone in the ocean a few times a day. It seems each time I go in and come out I feel quite refreshed and detoxed, but not sure if it is all mental or true. Any thoughts?

I've also noticed I am extremely sensitive to airbourne molds. Here in the DR mildew is everywhere. The trees outside even have mildew on them, and at my apt. I don't have AC. Though great as a 24 hr sauna, it causes the mold to grow easily. This is also why I took a lil vacation at a resort. I noticed while in the AC my glands seem to be alright, but as soon as I hit the outside moldy air, I can feel things get stuffy. I've got some tea tree oil coming in the mail, that I will mix with some water and spray down the place as soon as I get it. Anyone else have any other ideas of how I might keep the mold down?

Sauerkraut: I'm from a very german family and we make our own. (luckily it's usually a staple in our diet, and I brought 2 giant jars with me on my travels!!!) I suggest making your own. Perhaps it is my own taste, but I really cannot stomach the store purchased kind. I can see if I can contact my grand-mum for her easy recipe.

Creamed Coconut Sachets: I haven't seen these anywhere in the states? Anyone else? They seem wonderful none the less! (my brother and his wife live in England, so perhaps I will just need to have them send some over )

Bursts of Energy: Yes I have the same thing. One minute I feel I could sleep for days, and the next I'm bouncing off the walls feeling great. It gives me hope though, that eventually I'll remain in the latter of those two

Losin4good1980: Everything you spoke of, I also had. Though my goose bump thingies were only on the under side of my forearms. I always thought I was allergic to the desk cleaner at school (back in grad school), until it never went away when I graduated. I've also had a swollen thyroid for the majority of my life, and the doc's always check it, but everything comes back normal. Later I tested for Celiac's, and recently began noticing the yeast problems. I began atkins for weightloss initially, and many of the symptoms went away, then a few came back, and now on the anti-candida they have gone away again. I think that perhaps all of what I was suffering with was from Candida, even the celiac issues (I'll try and test that theory a lil later ). So of course always talk to your doc and get things checked but I think trying the anti-candida diet will be a great choice for you, just from my own experience

Thanks again to all and it's great to read so much valuable info!

~Jecka
Hi, Jecka!! I'm so glad you joined us.

Psst...Yes, I would love your GrandMum's recipe for Sauerkraut. Even if she has any "hints" on how to do it.

I know it's mainly Shredded Cabbage and salt. You let it ferment for a bit. It's done and then you store it in the fridge.

I've just never done it.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:29 AM   #477

Quote:
Oh, for some reason I thought I wasn't allowed to name products. Last time I did I got a gentle reminder PM'd to me! That's why I put the pic in - if you look at it you can see the brand name.

Am I right in thinking this ladies?
I think it's more on the lines of, if you give a link to a website where they actually Sell it. That goes against the TOS of this site. Brand names and such don't.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:36 AM   #478
Senior LCF Member

Well that's what I thought and I got a message saying I'd gone against the terms for talking about Aspall Cyder Vinegar - and I was saying how rubbish it was because it didn't have the mother!!

So this wonderful brand, if you can't see in the pic, is called Patak's Creamed Coconut. Patak's does all sort of Indian curry ranges over here in the UK.

So then, new things to add to the ever growing die off list:

hot flushes/sweat pouring off my forehead and under my arms (I am not usually a sweaty person either)
or if not the sweats then the shivers
wind (ahem)
extreme hunger. this has passed now but i suddenly felt hungry only an hour after eating a decent sized lunch. lots of fluids have helped but this was a bit weird.
passing out on the sofa in like the deepest midday sleep ever. i felt like i'd been drugged.
really dry throat like i can't quench my thirst

i can't wait to come out the other side of this!
Old 09-23-2008, 10:42 AM   #479

Emslight, me too. I right there with ya, with the symptoms.

Heck, it seems like Every thing is coming back!! *running to the bathroom and checking to make sure I don't have shag carpeting on my tongue*!!

Whew!! Nope. It's still clean. :blush:

The sweating is actually good because it helps our bodies get rid of some of the toxins. Same thing with getting "The Runs".

I know exercise would help me with sweating more...BUT. I. JUST. CAN'T. DO. IT. RIGHT. NOW!!!!!!

Instead, I take a long Soak, in a Hot bath.

It's the best I can do right now.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:53 AM   #480

Die-off Symptoms and How to Handle Them

Die-off Symptoms and How to Handle Them

What are "Die-Off" Symptoms?

Die-off symptoms are "flu-like" symptoms caused by candida being killed off in large numbers, releasing its toxins into the system at one time. These "flu-like" symptoms are a type of healing or detoxifying reaction, also called Herxheimer reaction, that occurs within the body when it is trying to deal with the large numbers of toxins being released.

As the body starts to detoxify it creates flu-like symptoms including headaches, joint and muscle pain, body aches and pains, sore throat, sweating, chills, fever, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, excessive mucus in the lungs, throat, nose, sinuses, etc., along with other types of symptoms. Herxheimer reactions can occur in anyone whenever their body needs to be cleaned up. One person who suffers chronic candida overgrowth and has experienced these reactions many times made the remark, "Got my typical Herx reaction: cold, dizzy, light-headed, faint, can't-really-think-straight feeling." Others describe it as a bone-tired or an ache all over feeling.

These "die-off" symptoms are simply cleansing (detoxing) or healing reactions caused by the body getting rid of candida toxin and/or other types of toxins. This causes increased mucus in all mucus membranes (nose, throat, sinuses, lungs, vagina, intestines, stomach, etc.), along with muscle and/or joint aches and pains, itching, rashes and other eruptions of the skin, headaches, digestive disturbances, etc. It's like that "bad all over feeling" you experienced during a bout with the flu. At time you may feel like you have been drugged, with symptoms similar to a bad hangover. This is because most candida toxins are alcohol in nature, which will cause hangover-type symptoms.

Die-off reactions can start to occur when you change your diet, and particularly as you eliminate foods that feed candida. That is why you start on the diet and supplements first and stay on them long enough to kill off as much as candida possible before starting on antifungals, other than coconut oil which is considered part of the diet. When you are able to consume a total of 6 tablespoons of coconut oil per day without severe die-off reactions you can add one of the other antifungals.

The severity of die-off reactions and the length of time you experience them depends upon:

* how long you've had candida,
* the general condition of your body and your state of mind, i.e. how often or severely your body has been exposed to toxins and/or traumatized during your lifetime by injuries, disease, illness, losses and stress,
* how closely you follow the candida program (diet and supplements), and
* how much detoxifying and healing your body can accomplish at one time.

Healing Reactions are "Not" Allergic Reactions.

An allergy is defined as: "A condition in which the body has an exaggerated response to a substance introduced by inhalation, ingestion, injection, or skin contact, often manifested by itchy eyes, runny nose, wheezing, skin rash, hives, diarrhea, gas, bloating, headaches, aching muscles, joint pain, and many others."

Please note that the list of allergic reactions is exactly the same as the list of healing reactions.

That is because these reactions are created by the body's immune system, which are healing responses, indicating that it is working very hard to eliminate and/or minimize the effects of toxic overloads on the body, or the ingestion of toxins or poisons. Candida overgrowth itself contributes over 79 different types of toxins, most of which are alcohol. Handling this overload is like trying to handle a bad hangover every single day of your life until you cure candida. There are many other toxic sources in our environment and foods as well, which add to the toxic overload on the body. And please note that some substances aren't simply toxic, they are downright poisonous, which causes direct debilitating damage.

It is widely published that allergies are caused by a depressed immune system. At the same time allergic responses and symptoms indicates that the immune system is working extremely hard. When the immune system isn't working up to par it results in a total breakdown, so that bacteria, viruses or diseases, such as cancer, are allowed to take over. However, a healthy immune system does not allow germs, bacteria, viruses, cancer, or even candida to occur.

Many people mistakenly assume they are allergic to many healthy foods, herbs, spices, etc. because of allergy tests or body reactions, which the medical community labels as allergies. Please note that almost all allergy tests are inaccurate and they should not be relied upon to determine your allergies. Some allergies are obvious, because they are caused by toxic substances, i.e. smoke, chemicals, smog, chemtrails, pesticides, etc. But allergies to animal dander, dust mites, dust, mold, pollen, etc. are less obvious. However, not everyone reacts negatively to those substances, which points to a difference in the people that do react, and that difference is a depressed immune system.

The fact is the body can, and will, react to healthy unadulterated foods with allergic-like symptoms. This is exactly the same way the body reacts to toxins or poisons. After all, the body only has one set of responses. However, reactions to good foods are not allergic reactions, they are healing reactions. When the body receives nutrients it needs it goes into high gear doing its job of healing. The results are healing symptoms.

In fact hives are a healing reaction too. It is caused by the immune system releasing histamines and other chemicals into the bloodstream to handle toxins or to affect healing. Histamines causes hives, rashes, itching, swelling, and other related symptoms. Although hives may be uncomfortable, they are generally quite harmless and disappear on their own.

Therefore, do not be alarmed if you get healing reactions from healthy foods like eggs, coconut oil, butter, and many other good healing foods. If you get reactions that are alarming or intolerable, cut back on the amount you consume at one time and gradually increase it.
Increased Symptoms

Any symptoms you had while candida was out of control may also intensify. These symptoms vary person to person according to how candida attacked their particular body. Women who had vaginal yeast infection will find their symptoms will become more intense and there may be additional related symptoms as well. If someone experienced a lot of digestive problems, their digestive upsets and disturbances will increase. If someone had a lot of head-related symptoms, their symptoms will become worse. And so on. In other words, symptoms in any areas of the body originally affected by candida overgrowth will become more intense during natural healing or "die-off" and new symptoms may also appear as part of the healing process.
Food Addiction and Withdrawal Symptoms

You may not realize it but you may have become addicted to foods that feed candida or that are damaging to your body. Just as a drug addict suffers withdrawal symptoms when the drug is withdrawn, people experience discomfort when they lose access to a particular food. It is also a known fact that the food industry purposely adds substances to foods to make you addicted to them.

Therefore you may experience withdrawal symptoms when many foods you normally consume are removed. As soon as you stop eating these foods changes begin to occur in all of the body's systems. Some symptoms may occur within a few hours of not eating a regular food, while other symptoms may occur within days. Withdrawal symptoms can even make you feel as if you are starving, when you actually aren't. You will find your cravings will increase the longer you prolong eliminating certain foods, i.e. sugars, high carb foods, alcohol, grains, etc. If you indulge by eating them they appear to make you feel better for a time, but that won't last. Soon you will experience increased candida overgrowth symptoms from such indulgences.

In order to overcome food addictions do the following:

1. Do not have any addictive foods in your home that can entice you.
2. Increase your intake of healthy foods, particularly saturated fats which satiate your appetite, helping you to curb addictions.
3. Every time you think about an addictive food: 1) drink some lemon and ocean sea salt, or eat some ocean sea salt; 2) take 500 mgs of vitamin C, which helps curb cravings, or 3) take a teaspoon of a good fat or oil, i.e. butter, lard, extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, etc.

Natural Healing

Unfortunately natural healing means your symptoms will get worse before they get better, but eventually your good days will increase and your bad days will decrease. It takes time, patience and persistence on your healing program to get healthy.

To help you "endure" the onslaught of symptoms and reactions keep in mind that these reactions mean you are succeeding in ridding your body of candida toxins and other toxic substances, and that "healing" is taking place. Every drugless healing practitioner is well aware of the healing reaction phenomenon.

For example, Cancer Clinics in Mexico explain to their patients that without a healing reaction within the first two weeks of the program they must be re-evaluated for what could be causing the delay. (This could be from ingesting things that counteract the program or from using personal care items such as lotions, cosmetics, hair care items, etc. that interfere with the program, or not taking the prescribed amount of coffee enemas.) When a patient experiences a healing reaction all of the staff rejoices with the patient.
Treatment for Severe Die-Off and Healing Symptoms, and Digestive problems

Try this mild 9-Day Treatment. Your die-off symptoms will be much less after this treatment.

Note: Every day of this treatment take two enemas of clear, room temperature warm purified water only. These enemas will help physically remove a substantial amount of yeast present in the large colon and help your body detoxify.

Day One - Consume plenty of clear, salted meat and vegetable broth (salted with a good ocean sea salt like Celtic). Do not eat any solid foods.

Day Two - Add solid foods pureed in a blender or food processor. Foods should only be meats, eggs, good fats, and low carbohydrate vegetables. Cook and highly puree all foods to maximize digestion and minimize food residue in the intestines.

Day Three through Nine — Eat cooked pureed foods as described in Day Two above, and gradually add more and more solid foods each day over the few days until you are completely back on a solid food diet.

Die-off Symptoms, Withdrawal Symptoms and Food Cravings can also be alleviated by the following:

* Vitamin C - take 4,000 mgs when symptoms first start to appear, and take 1,000 mgs every hour until symptoms subside or bowel tolerance is reached, i.e. loose stools or diarrhea. When you reach bowel tolerance take less vitamin C each hour until you reach bowel tolerance again, and so on. Vitamin C helps the body detoxify since it is a powerful antioxidant.
* Ensure you are taking enough calcium/magnesium according to the Essential Supplements list. It helps minimize aches and pains.
* Take baths with Epsom salts, or 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide. Baths help draw toxins out through the skin which helps minimize symptoms. Add two cups, or 500 grams, of Epsom salts to your bath. Soak for 15-20 minutes. Use 1/2 cup of 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide in 1/2 a bathtub of very warm water. Soak in the tub until you sweat.
* Drink 4 cups of Pau D'Arco tea per day. It is a powerful antioxidant and it will help your body detoxify.
* Clove tea. Cloves are one of the most powerful antioxidant there is. Only buy spices that are organic or certified organic at the health store because commercial spices are all irradiated.

Clove Tea

* Boil 4-1/2 cups of water.
* Take it off the heat
* Add two level teaspoons of ground cloves.
* Let it steep for 20 minutes. Strain well, and drink 4 1/2 cups hot or cold every day or when needed.
* Whole cloves are more effective — put them in a heavy plastic bag and pulverize them with a hammer. Use 1 1/2 teaspoons in 4 1/2 cups of water.

Other Simple Things to Help You

* For relaxation do this for 15 minutes every day. Lie on the floor with your feet on a chair so your thighs are at a right angle to the seat of the chair and the calves of your legs are lying across the seat of the chair. It is as simple as that.
* Do dry skin brushing which will stimulate the liver and adrenal glands, increasing their ability to handle the toxins — see the Candida Group Dry Skin Brushing File.
* Thump your thymus to stimulate it. Using your knuckles thump gently but firmly on your middle of your breastbone. Thump about 10 times in a row. Do this several times a day to wake up your thymus which is very important part of the immune system.
Closed Thread