Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2008, 07:42 PM   #391
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tooter
Stats: 5' 6" and 128 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris T. View Post
Your experience is identical to mine. I'm back down to 113 after battling some severe crankiness and headache. I know giving up nuts and dairy has to be the reason, as I've changed nothing else. I even gave up regular cream in my coffee. I put a challenge thread in place so I could post a bunch of recipes as I try them. I figure I have to eat, it just will take some time to get used to this new way of doing so.
Can you believe this!!!! WOW!! It's like a bunch of light bulbs are going off. Like someone flipped a switch.

This is just awesome!

Congrats!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2008, 10:31 PM   #392
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emslight
Stats: 160/Goal:130-133 (5ft 6)
WOE: Very High Fat/Yeast Free
Start Date: 8 April 2008
Wow ladies - this is all the encouragement I need for a dairy and nut free week! Well done everyone on your weight loss.

Prozak - I spent ages last night reading the Bee Wilder site which I found brilliant and made a lot of sense to me. It was also such a relief to read about die off symptoms as I have been so coldy/mucousy now since I started upping the co but I just hadn't necessarily made the connection. The food stuff she suggests is something I can do very easily, indeed am nearly there, just with the tweaks of taking out dairy/nuts and some condiments (mayo, mustard, soya sauce etc.) What I'm getting quite wrong, according to her, is my supplements. Are you adjusting yours to follow her suggestions? I feel like supplements are a bit of a minefield to be honest without proper guidance. Currently I just take a good multi-vit, digestive enzymes and probiotics but even she says not to take digestive enzymes! Ooh blimey my head hurts trying to work all this out!
Old 09-22-2008, 12:05 AM   #393
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SLynnB
So, reading different sites, I see there are different opinions on what can and cannot be eaten--nuts in moderation, no nuts; diet soda is fine, no diet sodas or other drinks (like sf powdered drinks); Xylitol is excellent, the only sweetener is stevia (which I do not like).

So, going to continue with my Xylitol combined with erthyritol (to combat that cooling effect).

Question concerning polydextrose, as I've read that it is in the same family as inulin and is a probiotic, why would it not be allowed.

And is aspertame because of yeast or other issues.

Just curious here as I try and assimilate all of this information and figure what is next for me. I started with the CO today (in the form of coconut bark). Bringing DD and DH along more slowly as they are not low carbers (not that I haven't tried, just can't force). Tomorrow will have them do 2 TBL of ACV and 1 TBL of CO.

Anyone have an opinion or knowledge about Aloe Vera. Certainly from the reading seems it will be very beneficial.

Sheryl
Old 09-22-2008, 02:56 AM   #394
Senior LCF Member

Morning all

Sheryl - know what you mean about getting confused by the weath of info that is out there. From what I am reading it's all about slowly, slowly small steps so your body doesn't go into complete crisis. Think mine has a bit unfortunately! This morning after the co (2 tbsp) I felt really sluggish, lacklustre and just like i needede to crawl back into bed. My brain was foggy, I had a dull head ache, an icky tummy and a bunged up nose. I then started to go a bit shivery. I was just looking at my 2.5 year old and my 8 month old thinking, how in the hell's name am I going to get through today or indeed look after you both responsibly. Then... it passed. It was almost like my body just got totally overwhelmed. Now I feel fine (2 hours since I ate) although still a slight headache. Lordy lord makes me think just how much damage have I done to my body over the years? To make matters worse, when I finally pulled myself together I got the girls dressed, the buggy up and packed and ready to go out the door to take them to the park and get some fresh air, only to discover my dipstick husband had taken both sets of keys into work so now we are trapped! Grrrrrrr.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:47 AM   #395

Good Morning. How are you all doing?

Gosh, all the reading can be over whelming.

I've had to take a deep breath and say "Slow down, stick to what you are doing and make changes SLOWLY".

I think it's hard when we start reading from different books and sites and we get conflicting information.

Like, if you are taking antifungles, you shouldn't be taking probiotics because the antifungles will kill the probiotics!! Others say to take the probiotics. Which is it?

I don't know, but I'm going to keep doing what I am doing. I'm going to keep reading and try to keep things in perspective.

I'm down a 1/2 pound today.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:29 AM   #396

It's a grey, foggy day, today.

It's not helping my "die off" at all.

I feel a nap coming on.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:45 AM   #397
Senior LCF Member

I have been groggy all day. Thankfully my little uns both nap in the middle of the day and it couldn't come sooner for me as I climbed right into bed and passed out for an hour.

So, my ACV just arrived! I opened it and had a slug neat - not bad at all and actually cutting through all this nasty mucousy/catarrh stuff I have in my throat, I think from the die off. So, if I have it in hot water, which I think might be a nice warming drink, does the heat kill the mother properties?
Old 09-22-2008, 07:34 AM   #398
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rottinluv
Stats: 141/110/110 Height 5' nothing!
WOE: Low Carb / Whole, Natural Foods!
Start Date: October 24, 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris T. View Post
Your experience is identical to mine. I'm back down to 113 after battling some severe crankiness and headache. I know giving up nuts and dairy has to be the reason, as I've changed nothing else. I even gave up regular cream in my coffee. I put a challenge thread in place so I could post a bunch of recipes as I try them. I figure I have to eat, it just will take some time to get used to this new way of doing so.

OMG, the crankiness!! It hit like a ton of bricks, and I have to keep reminding myself to tone it down. Congrats on your weight loss! It's such a great feeling, isn't it? I'm off to check out your challenge thread!
Old 09-22-2008, 08:05 AM   #399
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Livywilltim-mom
Stats: 208/Jan 14/183/110
WOE: LC
Start Date: February 9, 2014
Good morning!

So much to read since Friday. I am learning alot and very excited to share any knowledge I gain.

Peace
Old 09-22-2008, 08:33 AM   #400
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Kris T.
Stats: Was 140 now 106 currently
WOE: Over the sink!
Start Date: 2003
Quote:
how in the hell's name am I going to get through today or indeed look after you both responsibly. Then... it passed. It was almost like my body just got totally overwhelmed. Now I feel fine (2 hours since I ate) although still a slight headache.
Girl-I feel for you, being the mom of 2. I SO remember those days when I'd just count thr minutes until the day was done. I truly took it one day at a time and let the unimportant stuff slide. They are now 10 and almost 7..it does get better. I'm glad you're feeling better...

you will get through this.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:42 AM   #401

Gallery: fawn
Don't forget to keep your water intake high and try to sweat! If any of you have access to a steam room or sauna, use it!
Old 09-22-2008, 08:44 AM   #402
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Kris. The die off has been so tough today that I'm sitting here thinking this is not sustainable, I can't do it unless I have a run of a few days where I don't have the girls to look after. It's not fair to them. So I have to go teeny teeny steps which completely goes against my all or nothing way of doing things!
Old 09-22-2008, 08:46 AM   #403
Senior LCF Member

It's fair to say I feel awful! No access to a steam room Fawn but is there anything I can do with a bath? Anything I can put into it? I'm sure I read somewhere something about baking soda...
Old 09-22-2008, 08:51 AM   #404
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Margot 65
Next time you are out grab a few cans of coconut milk and add 1/2 can to your bath

I think of this like doing induction... you do need a few days if you want to go hard and fast. Or like Barry Grove's approach to low carb, he skips induction because some people just cannot handle it or care for it or have a little more patience than others.

it is 6 of one and 1/2 dozen of the other, it depends on the severity of the situation and how much you and your family can take at one time.

As for sweat... ugh, I sweat so bad at night lately!
Old 09-22-2008, 09:01 AM   #405
Senior LCF Member

But nothing is like the sweats you have just after you've had your baby... my god, I used to wake up in pools of sweat and it was winter at the time so i'd be freezing!

Good that your sweating Prozak, you must be releasing some serious toxins.

Yep, I hope it is like induction. Then I can just about manage it for a few days but I go on holiday on Thurs am so am thinking I should ease off a bit on trying to do everything at once but then just bite the bullet and do it on my return, starting on a w.e. when hubbie is here to help with the girls. What the die off is telling me though is that I need to be doing this otherwise I wouldn't be having such an awful reaction!

Thanks for the coconut milk tip.

(God I feel so bloated today as well... just to add to the list!)
Old 09-22-2008, 10:05 AM   #406
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kristin4
Stats: 260.8 /233/ 150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 8/9/08
I think it has been 8 days since I started trying the yeast free diet, including the ACV, CO, oil of oregano/ switching with grapefruit extract. My itching is mild now, still getting headaches though. Some days have been worse than others. I have lost 3 pounds in 1 week. My weight loss has been very slow going this time. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come. I do have a little more energy. My cravings are gone. I haven't cut out my heavy cream(egg creams)or half and half (coffee). I did cut out all nuts, and cheese.
I think switching my vitamins has really helped too.

How is everyone else doing? Are you surprised at the lack of cravings too?

260 259 258 257 256 255 254 253 252 251 250 249 248 247 246 245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234
[COLOR="Red"]233[/COLOR] 232 231 230
Old 09-22-2008, 10:37 AM   #407

Here is a huge Candida page with many links to it.

Candida Page (C. Albicans/Yeast Infection)
Old 09-22-2008, 11:30 AM   #408

so Kristin did we determine your itchies are candida related and not ACV related? That's pretty neat!

emslight, you can also add sea salt to draw toxins for your bath.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:37 AM   #409
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Kris T.
Stats: Was 140 now 106 currently
WOE: Over the sink!
Start Date: 2003
I agree, there is conflicting info out there. I'm still getting some slight headaches too, but I know mine is related to induction levels of carbs, and my body is ANGRY at that.

But, my energy level is sky high now, and I think this is day 4?

Off to work~upstairs!
Old 09-22-2008, 11:47 AM   #410

Gallery: Ilpirata
My Report

So far the changes I have made are cutting all cheese nuts and mushrooms and upping my CO to 4TBS+ per day.
My weight is headed back down and is at my signature level again. I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing, adding in the ACV when it comes and possibly also upping the CO to 6TBS. Keep the changes in my diet... i feel confident it is having an effect and I will continue to lose.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:17 PM   #411
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
My mom started CO and ACV( she is 76) and this morning started feeling sicky. She has had Cronic bladder infections and no doctor could pin point why. I am hoping yeast is the reason. She don't know if this is worth it if she has to feel pukie, but I think it is if she can get over those yucky feelings. The only thing I have really noticed since taking the CO is no cravings. I hope that sticks.
My 15 year old son is home today throwing up. Poor thing.

This thread is so awesome but I tell ya my head is This is alot to take in.
Fawn I ordered the digestive enzymes. That won't screw up my system so I Have to take them forever will it?

I think I am really liking the CO, I am just so confused on how to low carb though. I read do this, don't do this. ADD fat, decrease fat there again
Through experience I seem to do better on less fat, butter seems to make me gain, and I SO LOVE BUTTER. Is lard a good fat to use? I remember my grandma using lard. I just want to find that place where I lose and where I can live with this life style since that is the key "LifeStyle". I know if I restrict too much I will eventually cave. OK you get the idea LOL

weight 257/235/130
Old 09-22-2008, 12:19 PM   #412
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

funny thing, and I do not think it is coincidental either.

I have a new found passion for cleaning out clutter in my house.. in the last 4 days I have taken at least 10 wagon loads of clutter to the dumpster and now have an entire garage sale packed up neatly in my garage waiting for spring.

Right now I am defrosting the Dog's freezer and have cleaned out under my kitchen AND bathroom sinks, the tops of all the closets in the bedrooms AND my storage room downstairs. Yesterday I did my linen closet and acquired 2 EXTRA SHELVES when I got rid of crap and junk I no longer need or use.

Clearing my mind, body and my soul AND my living space all at the same time
Old 09-22-2008, 12:23 PM   #413
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prozak View Post

I have a new found passion for cleaning out clutter in my house.. in the last 4 days I have taken at least 10 wagon loads of clutter to the dumpster and now have an entire garage sale packed up neatly in my garage waiting for spring.

Right now I am defrosting the Dog's freezer and have cleaned out under my kitchen AND bathroom sinks, the tops of all the closets in the bedrooms AND my storage room downstairs. Yesterday I did my linen closet and acquired 2 EXTRA SHELVES when I got rid of crap and junk I no longer need or use.

I am deep cleaning my closet and bedroomwhat does this mean? lol
Old 09-22-2008, 12:31 PM   #414
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Deb, I fully believe that our homes, offices and automobiles fully reflect what is going on inside our bodies.

It is like every small crevice of our bodies are cluttered with yeast, and the clutter in our homes is a reflection of that...

I don't know how or why, but I think time will show us that it is indeed a phenom not to be ignored

Plus the energy required to do this surely wasn't there a month ago LOL
Old 09-22-2008, 12:33 PM   #415
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kristin4
Stats: 260.8 /233/ 150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 8/9/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prozak View Post

[COLOR="Red"]Right now I am defrosting the Dog's freezer [/COLOR]and have cleaned out under my kitchen AND bathroom sinks, the tops of all the closets in the bedrooms AND my storage room downstairs. Yesterday I did my linen closet and acquired 2 EXTRA SHELVES when I got rid of crap and junk I no longer need or use.

your dog has its own freezer? What kind do you have? Must be big to have a freezer all its own.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:39 PM   #416
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SLynnB
Sweating huh? Yesterday was an interesting day. Worked from 4 to 9:30. went to work with an abundance of energy. shortly after my lunch break (when I had another 8 oz of my drink), I started feeling terrible, good thing I had another break because body demanded it. By the end of my shift I was also sweating, couldn't figure that part out.

So far, I'm doing about 5 TBL of ACV and 5 TBL of Aloe Vera juice (added that on Saturday) and 2 TBL of CO (added yesterday evening). As far as weight goes, it is up and down, down from when I started but still bouncing up and down, see what it is with official weigh-in tonight.

Feeling okay today, still having falling asleep at computer issues. Don't think burping (belching is quite as bad as Friday).

forgot to add that I was also exceptionally thirsty. Must have drank 30 oz of water plus a diet root beer (all between 8:30 PM and 11:30 PM).

Sheryl

Last edited by SLynnB; 09-22-2008 at 12:44 PM.. Reason: adding info
Old 09-22-2008, 12:46 PM   #417
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL my Diesel dog eats a raw food diet. I buy his food in 40lb cases (8x5lb blocks) and usually have anywhere up to 120lbs at a time in there.

We are getting low so I thought this was a good time to defrost, and hopefully be able to use some of that space when Hubby gets his deer this fall.

I mean, there was a bottle of some kind of raspberry liquor and a can of Atkins baking mix that has been in there for at least 3 maybe 4 years LOL
Old 09-22-2008, 12:50 PM   #418
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: laurakitty
Stats: 158/158/132
WOE: Gluten & Dairy Free
I really need to join this thead- I have the worst candida problems. I thought it was just a gluten and dairy intolerance, but it is much worse. For awhile after I cut them out I felt really great (after the initial hell). I was being very strict with my diet but recently I started eating more crap- lots of sugar and chips (that all seem to have some form of yeast in them). In the last two weeks I've gained 15 lbs and I feel horrific.

I'm planning on going on the Master Cleanse on Wednesday to clear out my system, before going on a very strict diet for the rest of my life. I just can't live with feeling this awful. It isn't worth it.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:54 PM   #419
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BusyBeeMommy
Stats: 231/225/200 Goal Size: 12/13 Current Size: 20
WOE: Phase 2 Atkins
Start Date: 4/12/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
Here is my little knowledge of yeast---all from a show called Know the Cause. If you dot com it it will come up. The best show ever! Anyway, Doug Kaufmann believes that yeast is what causes most modern diseases. He has a book called "What Makes Bread Rise" as well as others. He says that if your doctor doesn't believe that you have candida or yeast issues and won't give you a script (most won't) then the best way to fight it is through diet. Then you do the supplements. The diet is the most important though. Back in the olden days before they had diflucan and nystatin they used diet to treat yeast issues. You have to starve the yeast so it has nothing to feed on--it feeds on sugar. Therefore the Atkins diet is good, but you have to modify it as stated above. Then if you can, add in the supplements. Good ones to take are oil of oregano, olive leaf extract, coconut oil, probiotics--again as mentioned above. It is important to note that it may take months to get rid of candida/yeast. It just depends on how much it has overpowered your system.

My story: I was nursing my 4 month old son (he was born in 1999) and we were passing thrush back and forth. His pediatrician gave us Nystatin (in a base of sugar!) for his tongue and my breasts. It didn't work. At the same time one of my playgroup moms was losing weight and she said it was Atkins. I read the book because she said that for snacks she was eating ham and cheese. I wanted to do that too! After reading this book I was at my wits end on what to do with this thrush. Then my DH looked up La Leche League for relief of thrush and what to do. They were the ones who said to modify your diet and the diet looked exactly like what Atkins looked like. I started induction to rid myself of the candida and promised myself that if Chris didn't like it I would stop. But just the opposite happened. We got almost immediate relief and it was without doing the anti-candida diet! The ped (of course) said that Chris' immune system had kicked in. They would say that! I believe it was the diet. I was a believer since that day. Wow Tooter! What a coincidence! Same start date. I remember it was July of 1999 because it was right around my birthday.

Were you at all worried about the die off toxins being excreted in your breastmilk? Just curious because I have a 7mo nursling and I'm iffy on doing induction....
Old 09-22-2008, 12:54 PM   #420

I don't recommend the master cleanse at all. I think it's a harsh way to fast. Will you be working while fasting? Not good for the brain.

I would recommend the candida cleanse.

Many people have mis-perceptions about cleansing.
Closed Thread